• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin's going to be fun in teams

•Col•

Smash Champion
So yeah, anyone else excited to using Robin in doubles matches? I know I am.

His Thoron and Arcfire abilities seem like useful zoning tools to help restrict the enemy's movements.. Arcfire especially reminds me of a PK Fire esque move. Thoron acting like a charge shot to finish enemies off that also has the ability to pierce.. (Be careful not to hit your ally though)

Then when you fight up close, you always have your Levin sword to act as a strong finisher. And when your levin sword breaks, or your tomes run out temporarily? You have your ally to cover you and give you some time to recharge.

Then you look over to Nosferatu.. It's very rare for healing abilities to exist in Smash. These healing abilities are most useful in team matches, because they can easily be taken advantage of when the Team Attack option is set to On. Nosferatu is the unique in the fact that it can be used to drain damage% from others to heal yourself. How will this effect team battles?

Well, for starters, it potentially gives Robin the ability to stock tank somewhat. Which characters would benefit most from having a teammate that can feed damage% though..? Can anyone say Anubis strategy?

Use Nosferatu to keep healing yourself while giving Lucario higher damage% to increase his aura powers. It's really exciting to think about some of the possibilities..

I'm so looking forward to using Robin in teams..

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Goodness, I know I'm going to be such a troll with Robin in teams (more than I already am). I get to set people on fire, mooch off of their health, the possibilities are endless!

Mainly looking forward to the 2v1 situations :p

I can see Robin as a solid contender in teams though.

Hong

The Strongest
Yes. I'm looking forward to hitting all three of the active players with a single Thoron.

In order for your teammate to obey, they must fear you!

All jokes aside, I'd definitely want someone really fast as an ally, like Sheik, Little Mac or Greninja. Robin will have a hard time getting fast characters off her after they find their way through, and with two of them it can be a nightmare. Inversely, a more offensive team could have Robin + Falcon, Robin + Ike or Robin + Dedede. Basically, the stunning mechanic of Arcthunder and flinching of Arcfire can set them up for lethal attacks.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Goodness, I know I'm going to be such a troll with Robin in teams (more than I already am). I get to set people on fire, mooch off of their health, the possibilities are endless!

Mainly looking forward to the 2v1 situations :p

I can see Robin as a solid contender in teams though.
Oh, if we could get a teammate to grab the opponent an then Robin to swoop in pull off a backstab Nosferstu that would be great.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
Robin should shine in teams, since he will have a teammate that can back him up if he runs out of tomes or his Levin Sword is charging back up. He looks to be a good attacker as well, so he could still fight pretty well if he needs too, without having to rely on his teammate to get KOs.

Let me put it this way, he seems to be a much more versatile magic user than Zelda. who looks to switch between being a support character and a direct attacker as needed.

He might also be good backup for characters like Bowser, Ike, and Donkey Kong who often have problems with projectile happy characters like Falco. If he's as versatile as the trailer shows, he might be a good counter to Falco teams.

Last edited:

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
When I play with my friends we always have friendly fire on, so playing Robin will probably be a bit difficult with moves like Thoron being able to hit a whole bunch of people, friend and foe.

Last edited:

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Robin will have a hard time getting fast characters off her after they find their way through.
No one can possibly know this with out frame data and a couple of other things. Who knows if MU(Robin) will have GTFO moves or not but the main things that decide so, are how fast it is and how much priority it has. A good Nair or fast Fair might do the trick but even his El wind might have a shuttle loop/dolphin slash effect as it was pretty much showcasing MU relieving pressure from Little Mac.

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
Col you better learn Lucario so we can try this when we team lol. Also, since I want to try a lot of different characters, I'm sure we will find one that can cover Robin well during recharging periods for the Levin Sword/Tommes.

Also Male/Female Robin team, although I have a feeling that won't be very good unless you can always time your move usage so someone always has tommes/levin sword available which would take a lot of precision.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I thought of something brilliant regarding teams recently, Robin or Megaman on the same team as Little Mac, you got the mostly ground fighter being backed up by projectiles, it's brilliant, or have a team of Robin and Megaman and just create a wall of projectiles.

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
Yeah! I plan to main him in doubles with my friend who is planning to play Mac... Arcfire + KO Punch is going to be deadly.

Beware the Mactician

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Team battles are going to be a lot of fun with him, yeah. Pair him up with a character that doesn't need strategy as much, and you've got your one two hit and run whatever you need it to be team.

Personally I'm thinking Robin and Lucina because Awakening.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Team battles are going to be a lot of fun with him, yeah. Pair him up with a character that doesn't need strategy as much, and you've got your one two hit and run whatever you need it to be team.

Personally I'm thinking Robin and Lucina because Awakening.
YES! And their victory animation should have Morgan in it.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
YES! And their victory animation should have Morgan in it.
That would be amazing, but somehow I don't think so because that would imply that Lucina and Robin are a canon couple which Sakurai would probably want to stay away from. I so wish they would do that. That way they could also create interesting win screens for every pairing. But man that'd be hard for them to do. Maybe they could just start with the ones from the same series and then maybe next smash iteration they'll manage it in full.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
That would be amazing, but somehow I don't think so because that would imply that Lucina and Robin are a canon couple which Sakurai would probably want to stay away from. I so wish they would do that. That way they could also create interesting win screens for every pairing. But man that'd be hard for them to do. Maybe they could just start with the ones from the same series and then maybe next smash iteration they'll manage it in full.
If anything RobinxTharja is the canon couple, there is no escaping her curses....Ehehehhehehehehehe.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Honestly. I just want Morgan. Also, this is Sakurai. Remeber the inane amount of ship teasing in Uprising?

Hong

The Strongest
Ness and Robin are going to be pretty broken on any stage where they can isolate themselves.

:4robinf:: "Ness, do you want to live forever?"
:ness2:: "Oh-key!"

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Honestly. I just want Morgan. Also, this is Sakurai. Remeber the inane amount of ship teasing in Uprising?
Well no, I just got Uprising and just started playing it so I haven't gotten to it yet I'm betting.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
This was my first thought as well. There are so many characters that I want to main (Pit, Charizard, Lucina, Robin, Marth, Lucario, Rosalina, Palutena...), so dividing them up between different formats seems to be the best way to learn all of their ins and outs. My buddy is an Ike main (and is considering Little Mac) and all the ideas that you guys have had make me excited to team up with him as Robin. While I had thought of Arcfire and Nosferatu, I hadn't even thought about Arcthunder. The only other game that I've played doubles in is PSASBR (since I have an odd number of people in my household), so I'm really looking forward to using the online mode of the 3DS version to make combos with Robin.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Well no, I just got Uprising and just started playing it so I haven't gotten to it yet I'm betting.
Pit gets ship teased with pretty much everyone. And in the JPN version, Palutena literally BEGS Pit to remove his clothes in a hot spring.

CarterParrish

Smash Cadet
NNID
smellybutthole7
3DS FC
0404-7411-8213
Since little mac could stay in at high percents due to super armor, I could see robin using nasfaratsu to heal himself. and the team would have a good long range and close range fighter

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Since little mac could stay in at high percents due to super armor, I could see robin using nasfaratsu to heal himself. and the team would have a good long range and close range fighter
Yeah, but Little Mac is easily launched, so racking him up in percentage is a bad idea. A well timed Arcthunder or Arcfire could let Little Mac land KO Punches easily, so that could be a good team anyway.

On the Villager thread, I speculated that Robin and Villager could be great together- Villager could Pocket Arcthunder or Arcfire and let Robin land an easy Levin Sword attack.

CarterParrish

Smash Cadet
NNID
smellybutthole7
3DS FC
0404-7411-8213
[Quote/] On the Villager thread, I speculated that Robin and Villager could be great together- Villager could Pocket Arcthunder or Arcfire and let Robin land an easy Levin Sword attack.[/quote]

Yeah. Imagine if villager could pocket thoron XD

I dont understand how to quote XD

Last edited by a moderator:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Robin's arctunder in itself is looking to be a great team move. Heck using him with a power hitter like Bowser may help Bowser land some easy bowser bombs or the like.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
[Quote/] On the Villager thread, I speculated that Robin and Villager could be great together- Villager could Pocket Arcthunder or Arcfire and let Robin land an easy Levin Sword attack.
Yeah. Imagine if villager could pocket thoron XD

I dont understand how to quote XD[/quote]

The last part of the quote is right, but the first isn't. It needs to be [*quote] minus the * Alternatively, you can hit the reply option to create an instant quote of someone you wish to respond to.

Please also remember to edit your post instead of double posting.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
No Robin team love since the game's release? Fine, I'll play a few matches and tell you guys what I think. I haven't had many four player matches without lag though, so results may vary...

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I can't believe people aren't more pumped for how awesome it is to Nosferatu your own teammate. Trading 14% damage to your ally for a potential 30%-50% damage healed on you? Yes please. As long as you can get a moment to do so. Between this and well-timed Thorons, I can see Robin being one of the best team players out there.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Ness and Robin are going to be pretty broken on any stage where they can isolate themselves.

:4robinf:: "Ness, do you want to live forever?"
:ness2:: "Oh-key!"
And Robin can then leech health off Ness...then give Ness more.
Only thing that stops this from being broken is tome usage.

Janno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Janno123
you can nosferatu chain enemys that cannot jump after the move has finished.

with 2 robins obv

Top Bottom