• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin new footstool combos

Ignis Thoron

Smash Rookie
NNID
tasleth653
Since the last patch reducing robins lag on his thunder spells. you can now footstool everyone when they are caught in arc thunder.

Arc thunder - footstool - read how they get up
Get up / get up attack = Fast fall next to them and shield immediatly grab or f smash
If they roll forward or backward you can fast fall where they roll you do need to read this and d smash.

If you dont want to go for a read you can go arcthunder - foot stool - elwind : this hits them before they can take any action

I have found a true combo that kills at 60% but requires a tomb or levin sword in hand

Near the ledge Arc thunder - Footstool - jump and z drop the tomb then move over the ledge and as they get hit by the tomb you can short jump and dair them with levin sword which will spike them, this combo works at around 60-70%

Dathx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dathx77
You can also down throw book after footstool --> bair which usually kills someone like sheik starting at 60. I think most of the others you mentioned are too hard of reads (Robin is too slow imo). The Elwind one could be nice, but at that point you might as well fsmash, dthrow, or Fair.

A related, but pointless note is that you can do this in the previous patches, the window was just smaller.

fauxchienne

Smash Cadet
NNID
erionduro
Sounds cool, i love footstool combos but i never thought robin was fast enough. do you have to hit arc thunder at point blank range, or is there some distance allowed?

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
A little bit of distance is actually preferable, for me anyway - I can land the footstool more consistently with a short hop from about a character width or two away. But if the distance is much more than that you're gonna be hard-pressed to make it there in time.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Very interesting stuff.

I pulled a few footstool combos before the patch, so I'm glad it's easier now!

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
But it's the timing for arc thunder if you want the footstool

Top Bottom