• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**ROAD TO APEX** L.I.R.R.2 - Circuit finale!

Vinnie

Smash Master
LI's largely successful regional series is back, exactly 1 year later! Last year we gathered 52 entrants, but this year I'm aiming way higher.

Store name: PLANET GAMING (formerly Tenba Gaming)

Free parking, large parking lot in the back.

This venue is amazing and offers:
-Two floors of LARGE ROOMS! (Yes, for this tournament, we will have full access to both floors)
-Amazing parking
-Snacks and beverages at cheap prices
-Chinese food place, taco bell, and more food places right across the street!
-And the venue owners are awesome!

Address: 941 Hempstead Turnpike, Franklin Square, NY 11010

Venue fee: $10
Singles entry fee: $10
Doubles entry fee: $10 per person
$5 LATE FEE! DO NOT ARRIVE/REGISTER LATE!

Payouts

Singles
1st place: 50%
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 15%
4th place: 5%
5th place: 2.5%
5th place: 2.5%

Doubles
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Setups:
1. Vinnie
2. CoonTail
3. Will
4. Dul
5. Dul
6. Dul
7. Planet Gaming
8. Planet Gaming

Schedule:

10:00pm - Store opens
12:00pm - Doubles begins
2:00pm - Amateur bracket begins
7:00pm - Pro bracket begins
11:00pm - store closes

CONTACT US!
Venue phone number: (516)-233-2674
Vinnie's phone number: (516)-941-5881

Please make it a priority to attend this, especially if you live in NY! There's a lot of space (2 floors). There will be a lot of setups (aiming for 16), hopefully good attendance, a stream, OOS attendance, etc. It doesn't end too late either, so it's more efficient for people who are traveling.

Stream: Chibosempai! Chibo is the official stream partner of the Uprise/LIRR series.

You can find videos of past Uprises here: http://www.youtube.com/user/CLASHTournaments and check out his website: http://www.CLASHtournaments.com

Hype this up! Please post and try to spread the word.

There will be bracket pools at this event! 8 bracket pools, top 3 make it out into the pro bracket. The pro bracket will consist of the top 8 placers of the circuit + the top 3 of each pool. Person with top 8 in points gets seed 1, person in WF/GF of the bracket pool gets seed 2, 2nd place in the pool gets seed 3, 3rd place in the pool gets seed 4.

This tournament will feature the Japanese ruleset. It will be 2 weeks away before SRT! For those who are going to SRT, this is your last tournament to practice this ruleset!

It can be found here.

These rankings were compiled from Uprise 7, 8, 9, and 10.

1. Vinnie (256 points)
2. Dabuz (64 points)
2. ANTi (64 points)
4. Nairo (48 points)
5. Will (24 points)
6. NAKAT (8 points)
6. Problem (8 points)
6. Keitaro (8 points)

9. Jtails (6 points)
9. Mintyflesh (6 points)
11. Mew2king (4 points)
11. Pelca (4 points)
11. Penta (4 points)
11. Bizkit (4 points)
11. vVv Cheese (4 points)
11. Delta Cod (4 points)
17. Joe ST (2 points)
17. JPisCrazy (2 points)
17. Pane (2 points)
17. Bloodcross (2 points)
17. MikeKirby (2 points)
17. DextaSmurf (2 points)

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
And he finally makes a post for this. Sigh...ALSO BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS!!

CuST0Mz by theDuL0R will be there at the event raffling off one of these...

THATS RIGHT!! A BRAND NEW JAPANESE GAMECUBE CONTROLLER!!! Each ticket for the raffle will only be $1!!! There is no limit on how many tickets you can buy!! There will be tickets available at the event and on the stream!!! Winners will be announce after Grand Finals of Singles.

Why the raffle you ask?? Well we as Smashers will be donating it to...

YES!! We will be donating proceeds from the raffle to Autism Awareness!!! Remember...tickets are only a dollar ($1 USD). The more tickets you buy, the more we can donate to Autism Awareness!!!

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I'll be here. Count on it. I haven't been in the scene for a while, so this should be interesting.
Vinnie, I remember you. Do you know if Alex Strife is going to make this one? I haven't seen him since my hiatus from the smash scene.
EDIT: You can also count on me to bring a set up. :)

M15t3R E

Smash Master
All day!!!

And who is free like me and wanna get some $1 money matches in?
Well normally I save the Washingtons for the strip club, but I'll make an exception and use them for the money matches.
I'll be the non-emo guy wearing mostly black.

-------
SMASHERS!!! Hype this tournament up!

WolfnDiddy

Smash Rookie
**** is about to get real.... New York, get ready for some Iowa to show you whats up!!

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Time to start bumping this shieeet. Facebook is the place to be nowadays though, so I posted there as well. APEX QUALIFIER GUYZ. For real though. This is srs bznz.
Good stuff Will, and I agree.
----
People, start bumping this up! And mention if you are bringing a set up!
I'm accepting a money match from everyone who asks me at this tourney. Who will come at me? Your odds will be like playing the scratch-offs. :)

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Well normally I save the Washingtons for the strip club, but I'll make an exception and use them for the money matches.
I'll be the non-emo guy wearing mostly black.

-------
SMASHERS!!! Hype this tournament up!
U gotta be free like me. Cause I suck. Also taking serious friendlies. Im not about the money when it comes to this game. :D

And bump this ish.

Top Bottom