• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riyadh Smashers: Desert Knights Feat. Moom, Fairess, BuShaheen, Snack, and More!

Scenes from Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, U.A.E, Kuwait, Quatar, and Bahrain are represented. Thirty-two players have qualified across these regions in the Middle East. 2,000 Saudi Riyals are on the line and players will be bringing out their best and gain the title 'King of The Desert' and have their matches on the big screen in the theater hall of the Pico Café. All this and more to be streamed by RiyadhSmashers taking place this Friday, March 18th, at 10:00am EST

One of the most exciting parts of watching Smash 4 in the Middle East is the top level play with lesser seen characters. Fairess will be looking to take Zelda and put in some serious work, BuShaheen has an impressive Bowser, and Snacks plays Mega Man,. The unique characters don't stop there with Prince M and Ray's Marth and Nanoog's use of Dark Pit. These players are not without their powerhouses and top tier players either. Moom, commonly known as the best Rosalina player in the Middle East and among the best in the world has also qualified for the event. Zolain and Skywarrior bring out their Marios to play and Molokhia will try to bring on the DLC dominance with Bayonetta. Expect the bracket to contain lots of unique matchups and intricacies unseen in most majors.

This only scrapes the surface of players who will be attending the event. Many even traveled to other regions just for a chance to qualify. Here is the full list of the thirty-two qualifiers for the event with the region they qualified in:

Riyadh: ZanZa, 777, Fresco, TAZ, VorG, Pacson, Majed, SMS, Dr-Tusk, MHD, Marche, KAF
Kuwait: Zash, Madara, Fairess, RKB, SSS
Jeddah: MooM, SkyWarrior, Tera, Ray, Molokhia
UAE: Zolain , Snack , MyLife , Nagnoog, Fahad
Dammam: 6MDL, Tsuna, Zixmar
Bahrain: BuShaheen
Quatar: Prince M

Excited to catch the action? Don't forget the stream takes place Friday, March 18th, at 10:00am EST and will be provided by RiyadhSmashers. Check out the event trailer below and get excited for Smash in the Middle East!

Comments

Excellent, more fighting game coverage should come from the middle east. the only side that I was even remotely aware of was Kuwait. This will definitely benefit this region to get some exposure to the rest of the world.

This tournament will be much stronger than you guys think.

Fairess is one of the best Zeldas, and Moom's Rosalina will put Dabuz's to shame (I am serious, and you will see it) SSS has a Diddy unlike any other.

You guys will enjoy this. I know I will.

Awesome! It's great to see smash, be it smash 4, melee or any other title, represented around the globe. Smashers unite!

I'm really happy smash has expanded so far. This brought tears to my eyes. I'm so overjoyed smash has grown as much as it has.

(Snack here) You added an S in the article. :(
I'd be really lucky if I got top 8 at this tournament, considering how badly I've been playing recently and how fierce the competition is.

Also, just to correct some misconceptions, Nagnoog is from Qatar and KAF/Marche are from the UAE. They just qualified in the countries they're listed under (don't ask why)

This is the bracket: http://challonge.com/DesertKnights

This tournament will be much stronger than you guys think.

Fairess is one of the best Zeldas, and Moom's Rosalina will put Dabuz's to shame (I am serious, and you will see it) SSS has a Diddy unlike any other.

You guys will enjoy this. I know I will.
Ray chill down with the moom fanboyism

Top Bottom