• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rising from the Sinnoh League, Dawn for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Note to Mods: I KNOW that there is an "other Pokémon Trainers" thread that discusses her, but you let the May thread live, so please don't lock this.

Okay, so, I made this thread to talk about the female Sinnoh Pokémon Trainer, Dawn! She probably (OK, definitely) won't make it in, but as you can see from my sig, i would LOVE to see her! I know, I said May would be REALLY awesome, and that Hoenn is definitely my favorite region. While these things are true, I just see a lot of potential in Dawn too, and to me, she's more likely. Without further ado, let's jump into the basics!

Dawn is a Pokémon Trainer from the region of Sinnoh, who can be chosen as a playable character in the games Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. If not chosen as the playable character, she is the friendly assistant of Professor Rowan, who helps you start your journey.

Like in all Pokémon games, you have a choice of 3 staters, Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup, which would obviously be the Pokémon she would use for Smash. Piplup is by far the most popular Sinnoh starter first-form due to the anime. For some odd reason I think that Chimchar's final evo, Infernape, is more popular than Turtwig's final evo, Torterra, so that leaves Turtwig's evolution, Grotle, as the filler. Now, for the moveset I thought up for her (specials only, sorry)...

Piplup

B (Bubble Beam): Piplup shoots a steady stream of bubbles forward really quickly. Lasts as long as
Bullet Seed.
B Side (Drill Peck): Basically Meta-Knight's Drill Rush, only faster.
B Up (Aqua Jet): Piplup launches itself upwards in a jet of water. Good recovery move.

Grotle

B (Absorb): Grotle shoots a small projectile of green lightning that, when it hits an enemy, makes Grotle lose the damage the opponent gained.
B Side (Energy Ball): Grotle fires a ball of blue energy that travels in an arc and explodes on contact with the ground or an enemy.
B Up (Earth Power): Grotle hides in its shell and propels itself upwards by firing rocks beneath itself. The rocks can damage enemies.

Infernape

B (Ember): Infernape charges a powerful fireball. Is charged like Lucario's Aura Sphere, and travels like it too.
B Side (Flame Wheel): Infernape curls up into a ball and rolls across the screen. Similar to Sonic's Spin Dash.
B Up (Fire Spin): Infernape spins upwards covered in fire. Similar to Charizard from Project M. (Uncreative, yeah, I know)

All

B Down (Pokémon Change): Self-explanitory.

Final Smash!!!! (The Chains of Spiritomb)

After thinking for a while, I think I've decided on a good Final Smash. I was originally going to do a Grass/Fire/Water Pledge thing, but I didn't know how to bring it about. And besides, the pledge moves originated in the 5th Gen, so it wouldn't make sense to have them be used by a 4th Gen Trainer. So, here is my new idea for Dawn's Final Smash!

Basically, Dawn shouts "Reveal yourself, Spiritomb!" and switches Pokémon to Spiritomb. Spiritomb is not bound to a rock like in the games, but can fly around in a similar manner to Volt Tackle. Spiritomb, however, is much slower that Volt Tackle. He can then damage opponents by touching them. Spiritomb starts out really small, but gets bigger the more damage it does. The maximum size is about 1 1/2 times the size of Volt Tackle.

Supporters: Fortanono, Mizuxe, KingofPhantoms47

When posting a reply, even if you don't agree, don't flame me. I don't want a flame war to start, so just tell me if you don't like it.

So, that's my idea, hope you like it!

Mizuxe

Smash Cadet
I can fully understand where you are coming from, but I think everything except the Fsmash with Spiritomb is basically just a rehash of the Pokemon Trainer himself. I would still like this idea, though, and I'd play using Dawn if she were an actually character to see if the moves were any different from the Pokemon Trainer.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I can fully understand where you are coming from, but I think everything except the Fsmash with Spiritomb is basically just a rehash of the Pokemon Trainer himself. I would still like this idea, though, and I'd play using Dawn if she were an actually character to see if the moves were any different from the Pokemon Trainer.
I tried to make it a bit different. Do you have any suggestions for the moves? I want to keep the names of the moves, though.

Mizuxe

Smash Cadet
Overall the moves aren't too bad. Probably would be decent for anybody to use. I think they would need to be a little bit faster for piplup for what I'm having in mind. I kinda feel like he would be lightweight and quick. I have moreso the weights of the characters in my mind along with moves for combos in air and such. Sorry if I'm talking to generally here.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Overall the moves aren't too bad. Probably would be decent for anybody to use. I think they would need to be a little bit faster for piplup for what I'm having in mind. I kinda feel like he would be lightweight and quick. I have moreso the weights of the characters in my mind along with moves for combos in air and such. Sorry if I'm talking to generally here.
Changed it. Is this what you wanted?

Mizuxe

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. I think it would be like MK's one move where he kinda goes into a drill looking position and attacks in a given direction, except faster.

Overall, the concept has potential. We could use better pokemon than what we got in SSBB.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. I think it would be like MK's one move where he kinda goes into a drill looking position and attacks in a given direction, except faster.

Overall, the concept has potential. We could use better pokemon than what we got in SSBB.
Shall I add you to the list of supporters?

Mizuxe

Smash Cadet
Sure! I'd love to see this one day even get made into a mod (at the least) for SSB4 if possible. That would be pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom