• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhythm Heaven Fever's Musical Mascot! Marshal (Moveset Added!)

Who do you think is the best Rhythm Heaven rep?

• Marshal

Votes: 81 59.1%
  • Wrestler

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • Karate Joe

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • Rhythm Monkey

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Red Shirt Girl

Votes: 20 14.6%

• Total voters

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I've been playing Rhythm Heaven Fever lately, I'm actually pretty unimpressed with Marshall's role in the game, my want for him is slowly decreasing for him and increasing for Chorus Kids.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I've been playing Rhythm Heaven Fever lately, I'm actually pretty unimpressed with Marshall's role in the game, my want for him is slowly decreasing for him and increasing for Chorus Kids.
It's not as though the Chorus Kids have a remarkably big role either.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I haven't really had a chance to post in a while considering I'm on vacation (I'm posting from my kindle as I speak) but as the days grow nearer to the Japan release I'm getting more and more nervous for Marshal and I've started to come to terms with the unfortunate possibility that Gematsu still has the benefit of the doubt. As I've said before I'll be happy with almost any RH rep and am completely fine with the Chorus Kids especially if it means more RH exposure and definite localization for the next game in the series. Yet.... I can't help but feel a little sour over this leak. Not specifically towards the RH character but mostly towards the fact that this leak really sort of did kill any sort of speculation around here. (Besides speculation of the characters listed in it of course.)

If you weren't with it you were automatically assumed to be against it and character suggestions that weren't listed in the Gematsu seemed to be ridiculed. Never before have I seen the Smash community so divided over something and as a Ridley supporter I miss when it was just "he's too big" so to speak. Maybe it's because....there still seemed to be the general sense of hope. I feel as if there is a dark cloud looming over a lot of support threads here where while there is still hope we have a bigger sense of dread. Sort of like ignorance is bliss in a way. I guess I can't really complain considering I have gotten some of my top picks (Villager, Little Mac, Pac Man), especially considering favorites such as K. Rool, Isaac Dixie and Mewtwo are no where to be seen but it's just something that has been bothering me.

Sorry for the long, dramatic and gloomy post but I guess it was just something I needed to get off my chest. Although Chorus Kids may overshadow any other RH rep we must never outlaw the possibility Gematsu could be wrong again or that Sakurai changed something. Here is to a Rhythm Heaven rep whether it be Marshal, Karate Joe, Rhythm Girl, Chorus Kids or whoever.

Edit: @ smashkirby smashkirby you're already on it, I could put you on again if you feel like it :b:

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I haven't really had a chance to post in a while considering I'm on vacation (I'm posting from my kindle as I speak) but as the days grow nearer to the Japan release I'm getting more and more nervous for Marshal and I've started to come to terms with the unfortunate possibility that Gematsu still has the benefit of the doubt. As I've said before I'll be happy with almost any RH rep and am completely fine with the Chorus Kids especially if it means more RH exposure and definite localization for the next game in the series. Yet.... I can't help but feel a little sour over this leak. Not specifically towards the RH character but mostly towards the fact that this leak really sort of did kill any sort of speculation around here. (Besides speculation of the characters listed in it of course.)

If you weren't with it you were automatically assumed to be against it and character suggestions that weren't listed in the Gematsu seemed to be ridiculed. Never before have I seen the Smash community so divided over something and as a Ridley supporter I miss when it was just "he's too big" so to speak. Maybe it's because....there still seemed to be the general sense of hope. I feel as if there is a dark cloud looming over a lot of support threads here where while there is still hope we have a bigger sense of dread. Sort of like ignorance is bliss in a way. I guess I can't really complain considering I have gotten some of my top picks (Villager, Little Mac, Pac Man), especially considering favorites such as K. Rool, Isaac Dixie and Mewtwo are no where to be seen but it's just something that has been bothering me.

Sorry for the long, dramatic and gloomy post but I guess it was just something I needed to get off my chest. Although Chorus Kids may overshadow any other RH rep we must never outlaw the possibility Gematsu could be wrong again or that Sakurai changed something. Here is to a Rhythm Heaven rep whether it be Marshal, Karate Joe, Rhythm Girl, Chorus Kids or whoever.

Edit: @ smashkirby smashkirby you're already on it, I could put you on again if you feel like it :b:
I think people are clinging onto the Gematsu leak too much. Yeah it could be real and I could see that happening, but at the same time it's extremely questionable and I think not worth following until something happens in relation to it.

byperbam

Smash Rookie
as most of you probably know, all the composers for songs in the 3ds version were posted on the website on friday. normally, this would mean NOTHING for newcomers, but i think we're a special case because the franchise our newcomer is from is completely centered around music. there are no composers from rhythm heaven listed, which, if i'm not wrong, means there's no rhythm heaven music in this game. is marshal/any rhythm heaven rep deconfirmed? or does this mean that there isn't a rhythm heaven stage on the 3ds, even if a rep IS in? what are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
is marshal/any rhythm heaven rep deconfirmed? or does this mean that there isn't a rhythm heaven stage on the 3ds, even if a rep IS in? what are your thoughts?
Not necessarily.. Here's my take on it:
In regards to the composer list: I think the list on the website, judging by the way it's phrased, is just indicating the composers who are composing/remixing/arranging specifically for Smash 4, while the credits for ported songs could be mentioned ingame. Tsunku doesn't have to be working on the music for Smash for Rhythm Heaven themes to be in, and I don't see why they'd have any reason to credit him on the website for creating the original songs. (looking back at the Brawl Dojo composer list, I didn't see any composers that were there solely for creating the original piece of music) Even if only ported RH themes get in, he wouldn't be on the website anyway.

Basically, I think "Musicians of Nintendo 3DS version" implies that it's a list of current composers, rather than a credits list. (which would be saved for the game)

EDIT: This is definitely true, since even Koji Kondo (composer of most Mario and Zelda music) isn't on the list yet music of his has already been confirmed to appear in the game.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I revive this thread in the name of Rhythm Heaven! (okay, the mods did it but...)

So I'm just curious: how many people here consider Marshal to be one of the Chorus Kids?

For me, he definitely is. I mean, the only potential "difference" between the Chorus Kid design and Marshal's design is that Marshal has two blush stickers. Saying that they're different is like saying that the playable character in Karate Man in Tengoku/Silver is not Karate Joe because Karate Joe is blue in the other games.

I guess I could get behind Marshal as a secondary because of that, though Karate Joe is my main RH man.

Oh, and I also have to note again that Marshal won't be the mascot of the new game: Rhythm Heaven: The Best+. It's instead a new character called Tebiri:

Don't get me wrong, I don't really like Tebiri either. Somehow his design is lamer than Chorus Kid Marshal despite being a bit more complex.

Last edited:

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
I revive this thread in the name of Rhythm Heaven! (okay, the mods did it but...)

So I'm just curious: how many people here consider Marshal to be one of the Chorus Kids?

For me, he definitely is. I mean, the only potential "difference" between the Chorus Kid design and Marshal's design is that Marshal has two blush stickers. Saying that they're different is like saying that the playable character in Karate Man in Tengoku/Silver is not Karate Joe because Karate Joe is blue in the other games.

I guess I could get behind Marshal as a secondary because of that, though Karate Joe is my main RH man.
I always like to believe that Marshall is one of the Chorus Kids, as The Conductor in Glee Club is actually one of the Clappy Trio as Well. It makes sense to me.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I'd say he's definitely the same species as the Chorus Kids after this new art of them.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I'd say he's definitely the same species as the Chorus Kids after this new art of them.

Yeah, but why would a new mascot be completely unrelated (except by species) to the old mascots?

Marshal even wears the bowtie that the Glee Club wears!

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936

Marshal was the first thing that came to mind when I saw that in the trailer. The middle Chorus Kid's face looks nearly identical to this:

It definitely lends credence to the theory of Marshal being one of the Glee Club members.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I'm certainly in support of Marshal. I even made this image detailing possible moves/skins, which I posted to DA.

I love it, this is very well done! It's definitely the moveset concept I'd expect a Rhythm Heaven character to have and I think the flow system would be interesting if there wasn't an actual rhythm mechanic present.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If anyone still looks after this thread, I wanted to let you guys know that the Character Forums will be closing soon, so if anyone wants the thread to live on, ask @oni333 for an invite to the new All Character Support group and you can remake the thread there.

Top Bottom