• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival Of Salt, Kent Edition: There's No ****ing Way She's 23

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Quote me on this, every tourney i host from now on, all infinites, and cgs that go above 40% are banned, except IC's.
Does that include Falcos Chain Grabs? Most of those go to 43%, and then with follow ups can go up to 75% or would I have to end the CG early and would guaranteed follow ups count towards the percent? (EG chain grab G&W to 37% then Usmash, which is guaranteed. This brings the total percent from the CG above 40%, would that be allowed?)

I think the limit should be 50% tbh, if you're intent on banning CGs

Sorry if this post was confusing

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Lol jesus **** lots of jimmies have been rustled. a lotttaa e knights around here but everyones tongue stays in their mouth irl huh?

First of all on the subject of infinites and CG i said clearly at the beginning of tourney all infinites banned cept ics CG. Pikas cg can reach 100, which even though is not "kill percent" i dont support a tourney where u ***** sit and press z to win. Ics cg is their entire metagame so i could not fairly ban that, but otherwise ***** my tourney my rules deal w/ it. Infinites and that **** are glitches in the game that are exploited and take no skill to perform. And i find many people agree. If smash was a proper ***** game, there would be patches to fix that ****. Maybe other people are ok with it but im not, regardless of whether or not i main snake. If i saw something, i would call it out, its only coincidence that it happened to me during stream, because it just so happens i am the only snake and alphi was the only pika. tbh i was unaware pika even had a cg, let alone one that brought me to 120. I could have been a **** and not counted the stock i lost to the cg, but i didnt, because alphi made it clear he was unaware of that ban. so this ban had nothing to do with me wanting to win, if thats the misconception thats been carried here. I shouted 100 times infinites are banned, this wasnt a random decision. if you thought i was joking how the *** is that my fault? I agree i should have updated the OP and made it clear but whats done is done, there is no need to be upset. i will update the OP next time.

Second of all, alphi, speak the **** up at a tourney if something bothers u. Dont be a ***** *** e knight and complain and talk big online. Ive been using my snake texture for a year now and never once did anyone have an issue, if u did then speak the *** up at the tourney not online.

Everyone gets so tough behind a computer screen and no one talks irl. Punks, i swear to god lol, grow a pair if u dont like something i do then speak up. Tell me. Dont be a beta little fgt and agree, then steam your rage at the monitor later.
Tin spoke up to me, he said joes texture was distracting and he didnt want joe to use it. so i had joe not use it even though he insisted. I am fair, if theres an uproar and people complain, then ill satisfy the majority. Problem is, no one complained, which meant either you were ok with it, or you were intimidated and talked **** behind my back lol

Anyway, yeah man if you have a problem with the way i do something by all means speak up, instead of *****ing abt it online later and taking immature shots at my skill in the game, which had nothing to do with the subject at hand. Calling me "bad" or insulting me only makes you look childish, and creates bad blood and problems.
And its safe to say you dont want a problem with me bro, considering that you didnt say **** to my face irl, not even a hint you were upset, just wearing a fake smile.
Dont be a punk, and grow the balls to talk to my face, not behind a monitor.
In conclusion, dont be a different person online than irl lol

I got a ton of positive feedback on how i ran this, i even brought back 2 old members to the scene that quit yrs ago, so really i dont give a *** abt whoever didnt like the way i run things and didnt speak up. You e-knights' opinions are worthless forreal, if you got somethin to say online, that you didnt say to me IRL, please keep that worthless **** to yourself.
That being said, I am more than happy to accept intelligent feedback and reasoning, i would like my tourney to be enjoyable for everyone.

Quote me on this, every tourney i host from now on, all infinites, and cgs that go above 40% are banned, except IC's.

And corneria is legal
lmao
Deal w/ it

Results thread tmr

:phone:
LMFAO!!! If I could sig this I would lol.

I was lurking following this thread and I didn't see a post about infinites. However.....

If you're gonna make it chain-grab banned, you should make a list of the things so people are clear. For example, :diddy: has an infinite, but it can stop whenever the player feels like it so is it banned or does the player have to stop after they deal 40%, etc. Also, :pikachu2: can stop after 40% is dealt too so is it banned entirely or can they deal 40% then stop?

But aside from that, was this tourney on-time and what kind of venue did you guys use? MI tourneys tend to run late so I'm trying to help improve that. Also, does anyone know the top 10?

Patches

Smash Master
I know tech wants to reach a tourney here. Possible MI attendance for the next one? :o

But the results thread will be up later zinoto

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Seems like it was a good tournament, wish I could have made it, but I'm a poor mother ****er lol

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Cruxis you're right I was immature there, I was just thinking more and more about what happened and I mean if you were a better player that could have really ****ed me over. I picked up pikachu initially to make it so I don't have to deal with spacies, but it also turns out I don't really have to deal with snake anymore. The reason I didn't say anything about the texture was I wasn't 100% sure anything was wrong, but after watching the match again I am pretty much positive the texture ****s with snake's hurtbox in some way. You guys should really test that out to see if it can be used in tournament.

Also I am just upset with the situation. An OoP player comes to this tournament and I get a random rule thrown on me, and even if I heard infinites were banned I still wouldn't have thought the cg was banned, but oh well. What's even worse is that people didn't really say **** about what happened, and personally I thought that was rather disrespectful :/.

Sorry for being a ***** online but I am pretty salty over what happened not because it ****ed me over just over the principle of it. I mean why would I want to come back to EC tournaments if I might have to deal with random rules thrown on to me in mid match?

EDIT: Just to be clear I wasn't too upset at the time about it, I am just one of those people that can think about a situation and get really mad about it, especially when everyone around me is really mad. So I wouldn't say I had a "fake" smile, I just wasn't mad yet.

double edit: Removed the post to avoid getting an infraction and cause it looks really dumb

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I know tech wants to reach a tourney here. Possible MI attendance for the next one? :o

But the results thread will be up later zinoto

I'd go down there just to get some more of you guys ketchup chips and canadian money lol. But the next good-sized canada tourney, MI will probably rally up a carpool.

Also are CGs == infinites? They stop after a certain percent, so I would've assumed that they aren't the same thing.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Infinites and that **** are glitches in the game that are exploited and take no skill to perform. And i find many people agree. If smash was a proper ***** game, there would be patches to fix that ****.
Ian, you heard the man. Fix that ****. :denzel:

Edit: ^ Apparently any infinite/CG that does over 40% is banned.
I just hope it doesn't apply to ZSS' dsmash chain on Snake/Falco.

Dogg/Naoki/Suzaku

Smash Apprentice
I'd advise stating what is and what isn't legal with the "any infinite/CG over 40% is banned" rule in the future. Especially for OoP/OoC players who spend a lot of money just to travel.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Cruxis, the long-story short of it is, if you want to be a good tournament host, you need to have everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, lined up before it even begins.

Yes your tournament, your rules, but when you didn't even KNOW that Pikachu could chaingrab some characters (not to mention it's only character specific at different percents. for example Pikachu can't CG Sonic, only the FThrow chain a few times into USmash across the stage), only to spring that on Alphicans? Come on, man. That wasn't cool at all.

Making a long story short? As far as the sensitive subject of infinites goes and chain grabs? Do your research on every character and their traits before implementing rules to either limit them or allow them to do their thing.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I can see where alphi is coming from, the rule was "no infintes, no chain grabs" but it was announced before the bracket started and when not everyone was there yet. It's not usually banned at ec tournaments.

Regardless it was awesome to have you there. :)

As for the texture, maybe we can enlist supreme dirt to help :p

SKidd

Smash Master
I think this is disrespectful, spam, and should not be tolerated. All of these posters should be banned.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
just gonna say, pikachus cg is not an infinite on any char in the game, that rule shouldnt apply to pikachus cg. have to make a rule prohibiting cgs in general, including all the other cgs that exist in the game such as falcos cg to spike etc etc to make it fair

Top Bottom