• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Jab OOS

SoundChow

Smash Apprentice
I really enjoy playing as Ike and find his playstyle and movement to be very fluid. I have some trouble finding good out of shield options though, other than bair and f-tilt. I played a really good Ike on For Glory who knew how to reverse jab out of shield, and I have no idea how to replicate it. Can anyone tell me the input for this? I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to ask a question, I'm not too familiar with the Ike boards.

Last edited:

SoundChow

Smash Apprentice
The only time he would reverse jab was as an out of shield. Perfect pivot jab sounds like a good out of shield, though I generally rely on f-tilt because I can't do the input of a perfect pivot.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Buffer reverse input then jab.

You gotta do the reverse movement input right after you drop the shield, it'll make Ike turn around immediately then you can jab. If you do it too late, you'll drop shield then pause before moving. You can do a turnaround jab almost as fast a a regular OoS Jab.

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
Reverse jab and grab after dropping your shield are super important for ike , a lot of characters can't even be baired OoS so your next fastest option would be either the jab or grab. Go into training mode and practice it for sure

Last edited:

Trueblade

Smash Cadet
NNID
TruestBlade
3DS FC
0061-0303-4576
You have to push the control stick in the opposite direction lightly as the shield is dropping, then as soon as the turnaround animation starts, do a grab, jab or dtilt. You'll cancel the turnaround animation into whatever attack you choose.

Say you're facing right and you need to jab left out of shield, the input would be :GCRT: (release) > :GCL:(soft, release) > :GCA:. The timing is weird at first, but it isn't bad once you figure it out.

Top Bottom