• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REVENAUT1313's Wii U Styled Project M CSS

REVENAUT1313

Smash Cadet
NNID
REVENAUT1313
So I've been a non-contributing member of the Brawl hacking community for several months now. I'd like to start giving back and donating my skills to help out others.

That being said, I've spent some time putting together a custom CSS for Project M. I play on a Wii U connected to a flat screen with HDMI, which I'm sure many more of you do as well, so here is a more vibrant and colorful version of the CSS for you to use. This includes CSS portraits, default costume CSPs and BPs, and custom nametags for each character.

(Forgive my lack of a capture card)

In the .zip you'll find everything you need. If you are not familiar with the Brawl Costume Manager, you should be... I've included it and several other utilities in the download for you to use (Visit lakora.us for all your util needs). If you want to take the road less traveled and do it the hard way, Brawlbox is included in the download as well. If you're thinking about asking me how to use the Costume Manager and you don't know a .pac from a hole in the ground, please, please, please consider visiting this page for a tutorial instead.

This design style was most obviously influenced by the upcoming Smash on Wii U, which you can tell from all of the Smash 4 CSPs. Another heavy influence (and source of CSPs) has been the good folks who are putting together The Smash 3 Project, including Taiko, SJS, Shun_one, Galaga, I think Xenozoa425, and possibly some others. And then what CSPs I couldn't get from Sakurai or Smash 3, I got from SJS's gigantic high quality collection. (Thank you for that!)

You may notice in the photos that I replaced Squirtle with Blastoise; don't worry, all the Squirtle files are in the download. Everything is in pieces and neatly and intuitively organized, so take what you like, leave what you don't.

UPDATES:
4/6/2014

The hack is now on the Brawl Vault. I've included a drag-and-drop-ready projectm folder for those of you who want to keep it simple. But remember, it's only viable with Project M 3.02 WITHOUT custom costumes. If you're playing on PMPE, Smash 3, or your own personal build, just use the individual .png files in the Pieces folder with the Costume Manager and/or Brawlbox. You've been warned...

REVENAUT1313's Wii U Styled Project M CSS

Last edited:

210stuna

Smash Lord
But what about the actual textures used in game in the "fighter" folder?

Are you planing on releasing a version without the CSS icon names (Nothing personal against spelling out Fox's whole name and including the "Solid" in Snake's)
I would seriously think about downloading this because of the vibrant vibe it gives off, no matter how misleading it is. Perhaps when the Smash 3 Project is done and they include the ACE textures/portraits to all be uniform.

Uniformity/professionalism is a must.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I'm liking that text, much feels, many download. I might slide that CSS in my build to.

REVENAUT1313

Smash Cadet
NNID
REVENAUT1313
But what about the actual textures used in game in the "fighter" folder?

Are you planing on releasing a version without the CSS icon names (Nothing personal against spelling out Fox's whole name and including the "Solid" in Snake's)
I would seriously think about downloading this because of the vibrant vibe it gives off, no matter how misleading it is. Perhaps when the Smash 3 Project is done and they include the ACE textures/portraits to all be uniform.

Uniformity/professionalism is a must.
TAke a look in the folder, I did not release a common5.pac, I just gave you guys the pieces to put in with the Costume Manager. Like I said, if you like the CSS portraits but not the names, you're not forced to use them.

Blastoise?
Read the post, that's just my personal build. Squirtle is in the DL...

and could you release a premade version. less hassle for those with less exp.
Is there a premade with everything already done? This is dope btw.
I wasn't planning on it, but I'd hate for anyone to feel left out. Would you guys want me to make a common5.pac to go into a basic Project M 3.02 build? If so,I will probably use SJS's CSP pack if he doesn't mind.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
¿Any chance you do recolors for the Sm4sh CSP's?
I've done Sonic, Lucario and Diddy Kong recolors in case I could help with that.

Monado of Time

Smash Rookie
I do like the mod, but it crashed o me. All I did was drag and drop the Pm folder onto my usb and hit replace. The game booted fine, I saw the portraits of the characters and when it was time to smash it was only five seconds into battle and it froze( The models looked amazing by the way!). If you can help me with installing the mod I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom