• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Regice support thread for Smash 4 DLC/ Smash 5

Dragonsbane

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone. This is my first thread, so I don't know if this is the right way to do it. But anyway, I've been thinking about potential DLC characters, and one character keeps coming back to me, even if it's a completely random choice. That character of course is Regice.

My thought process was that, if we can't get the Ice Climbers, we should get at least one ice user (always been my favorite magic type.) I suppose Rundas is a more important character, and would give Metroid a new character, but for some reason, Regice appeals to me. (#Hoenn4life)

I've come up with a preliminary moveset for him, although the possibilities are endless.

Standard Special--- Ice Beam- similar to thoron, except it doesn't need to be charges and freezes on contact. It's more punishable than thoron upon miss, however.
ALT 1---- Ice Ball- Pretty much the same as Luigis Iceball alt but slightly slower, a little more powerful, and more range
ALT 2---- Icy Wind- Very short range, incredible knockback horizontally

Side Special--- Zap Cannon- i see this working similar to a hadouken from Street Fighter but with electrical properties
ALT 1----- Charge Beam- Shoots a thin beam of electricity about half final destination length, needs to charge back up
ALT 2----- Hyper beam- Same as charge beam but a larger and longer beam, no electricity properties

Up Special--- Blizzard- this move has poor recovery, but can be used for big damage and for freezes (i imagine regice as being a grounded character, similar to little mac but bulkier and way slower.)
ALT 1---- Explosion- produces a small explosion underneath himself to propel him upwards
ALT 2----- Psych Up- jumps very high, no damage to opponents

Down Special--- Iron Head- regice would charge for a short distance, has HUGE knockback, but is extremely punishable
ALT 1--- Ice Punch--- regice reels up a punch that freezes, huge knockback, but punishable
ALT 2---- ThunderPunch-- same as Ice Punch but electrifies instead of freezing

Final Smash--- RegiStampede- Regirock, Registeel, and Regigigas would join regice to decimate the competition

Normal Attack--- a quick jab with his pointed icy fingertips

Side Tilt--- he turns his arm into an ice spear for a wicked jabbing attack

Up Tilt--- a spinning uppercut on the ground, similar to a shoryuken but without the jump

Down Tilt--- regice plunges his arms into the ground and freezes the area directly around him

Side Smash--- regice forms a curved ice blade out of his arm and slashes

Up Smash---- regice forms a spiked flail out of ice and swings it above his head

Down Smash--- regice spins rapidly, so that he forms an icy tornado, opponents freeze upon contact, short knockback

Grab--- regice uses ice beam but forms it into a lasso, short range

Pummel--- regice stabs with his pointed arm into the opponent

Forward Throw--- turns opponent into an ice cube and kicks it, (reference to ice kirby from KSS/KSSU)

Down throw--- regice does a backflip and slams enemy into ground, opponent will be frozen for a short time

Up Throw--- regice lowers enemy then hurls them into the air with great force, (good KO potential)

Back Throw--- essentially the same as mario/luigi/pacmans back throw

Aerial--- same as normal attack, but, get this, in the AIR

Forward Air--- does a machine gun style rapid burst of ice pellets, short range, comes out fast

Back Air---- regice spins rapidly in midair (good KO potential)

Down Air--- both of regices legs morph into a singular drill and jab right down, (meteor smash)

Up Air--- same as up tilt but in midair

Dash attack--- slides on the ground with ice, similar to sub-zeros ice dash move from mk9

Taunt--- eyes glow red

Up taunt---- spins like a tornado then points toward camera

Down taunt---- utters robotic mumbo jumbo

Overall Regice is very slow, good offense,amazing ranged, great defense, and poor recovery.

COLORS----- Normal (light blue), Shiny (dark blue), orange, red, yellow, green, white, black (ALL COLORS SLIGHTLY SEE THROUGH)

Possible home stages-- Sealed Chamber (Pokemon Emerald) Aegis Cave (Pokemon MD:EoS) Island Cave (Pokemon ORAS).

Song ideas: Regi Trio theme (RSE), Regi Trio theme (Platinum), Regi Trio theme (BW2), Regi Trio theme (ORAS), AegisCave theme, Snowpoint temple theme, Steven's theme (ORAS)

Kirby Hat: A replica of Ice Kirbys hat from KSSU

Thats all I have for him! :pikachu:

Last edited:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
-Not iconic at all
-Not popular enough
-Not really promising an interesting move-set
-Literally very random choice out of a game with 600+ monsters. (which half of them would probably be a better choice)
-You yourself even admitted it's an illogical choice.

Sorry, this gets a solid no from me.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
If a Regi- should be added, I think it should be Regigigas. He's the leader of the the Legendary Golems.

Dragonsbane

Smash Cadet
Finished adding alternate moves (all moves Regice learns in pokemon games) even though I now know DLC characters don't get them. I also added some home stage ideas, music ideas, and a kirby hat idea. :ness:

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
hah, i know what this thread is a responce to. clever. Not gonna lie though, i'd like to see one of these weird robot guys in pokken.

Top Bottom