• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reckless saftey notice man for smash

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I want his sound effects to be taken from Nintendo consoles in the same way that G&W, R.O.B, and pictochat take from their respective consoles.
I can already imagine it now. The Wii Shop Channel sound being used for charging, his attacks using the icon cursor clicking noise, jumping using the selection noise (specifically when choosing something in the Wii Shop Channel), the interlude from the start of any Wii Sports minigame for his intro, the same sound effects from the flexing Miis from the Check Mii Out Parade for taunts, and pretty much a majority of the Miis' sound effects in their many Wii appearances.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I also feel like his final smash visually should make the screen turn pale with a semi transparent background with the hand holding a wiimote graphic and the warning text and it should turn all the characters into dark blue silhouettes.

His intro should also represent the original graphic or it should have the classic "Nintendo" logo before it fades out and he appears swinging. Would it be weird to let him have a blue tinted oval at his feet as well instead of a realistic shadow? I feel like hes 3D but would have 0 shading so every angle you view him from he would feel flat but unlike G&W he isn't a 2D character.

How would you imagine he was animated? I thinking making him really smoothly and realistically animated but having his idle and in-between animations be near motionless would be interesting. I feel like most of you would want them to be really characterized and animated.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I imagine he'd look a bit like the intro to this video. A silhouette, but not flat. Kinda like a single color model with little or no shading.

Any kind of gimmick or character type that this guy would fill in the roster?

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
New Update:

* Bayonetta:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll365537x783448c5-14

*Isaac:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll365533xde0EBD9a-14

* Reckless Safety Man:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll365532x7449427d-14

* Ridley:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll364786x21e62808-14

Go Vote! Vote for the others too! (Yes I am curious how much results RSM gets)
I feel he'd be more like G&W, R.O.B., & WFT where its hard for people to imagine liking the character or for them being fun to play. They just can't even imagine the character either.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I love this guy. A creative character concept that makes me laugh every time XD

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
So... would he yell out random safety tips when he attacks, similar to the WFT's fitness instructions? If so what accent should he have?
:4falcon:/:4shulk:prove that yelling stuff in an accent can significantly increase character popularity, a critical factor for DLC.
Would there also be a reckless safety notice woman?

Customs, Taunts, and Victory screens below.
B
Remote Huck: As above
Wavebird Huck: Deals more damage to high tier characters (based on your personal RSNM match-up results)
Gamepad Huck: Deals more damage but doesn't travel very far.

Side B
Wii Boxing: As above
Power Glove Boxing: Much slower, with poorly constructed hitboxes, but much more powerful.
Stylus Boxing: RSNM uses Nintendo DS styluses to do a Wolverine impression, moving with greater speed, but with less launching potential

Down B
Wii Golf: As above
Gameboy Golf: Has a much smaller hitbox, but hits with more damage and launching power, and has super armour.
Left-handed Golf: Swings too high to hit where the ball would be, and has 50% chance of swinging in the wrong direction.

Up B
Reckless Spin - As above
AR Spin: Recklessly spin while playing an AR game on the 3DS. Does less damage, but can go higher.
Virtual Spin: Recklessly spin whilst wearing the Virtual Boy. You get off the ground, but any character you come into contact with will develop motion sickness (become stunned).

Taunts:
Recklessly balances a vase on the tip of his wiimote
Looks menacingly at the screen while almost removing the wiimote safety strap.
Pulls out a health and safety booklet, then discards without reading it.

Victory Screens:
RSNM swings the wiimote around recklessly, injuring a friend and breaking a vase
RSNM blows into an NES cartridge.
RSNM declares his intent to keep playing without taking a break.

I have no idea why I just typed all this, I doubt I'd buy him. As the joke character in Sma5h however...

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
And don't forget the Black Cat from the Wii News Channel! :awesome:

I was gonna say the cat from the photo channel but think they are one and the same? RSNM is where all the weird character suggestions go to thrive I guess.

It would be cool to see his moves reference not only the consoles, but the infrastructure and operating systems of each. Maybe let his grab freeze opponents and let the loading circle from the Wii and Wii U appear over them. Or a final smash that makes it look as if the screen is paused as he freely moves across the stage or something.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
OMG, I can't believe I'm saying this, I mean I REALLY can't, but.....I support. (More so as Smash 5's WTF character more than DLC for Smash 4, though.)

Last edited:

monzer

Smash Journeyman
This is the best idea for a character ever. Like, I really want but into smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't know, but do know a certain someone who would be all over that tubular idea. Isn't that right, @ Arcadenik Arcadenik ? :troll:
Now see... I don't think Captain N is weird... he might be WTF in the sense that he is not a video game character... but at least he is more well known to the general gaming population than Captain Rainbow is. Captain Rainbow isn't weird or WTF but he's too obscure. I heard his game didn't sell much.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, not as WTF as someone like Nester, but in a sense, he DOES have an eligible chance to show up in Smash. With the help of his own video game, and as the main protagonist of another game. I'll give you all a cake if you know what games I'm referring to.:smirk:

Top Bottom