• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reason why Brawl is delayed in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shazz

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo hates Europe. Every good thing they make, like the Wii or Brawl, has to wait and/or is sold out everywhere and not being produced fast enough.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Why?

the NA version of Brawl has R.O.B in the Famicom colors (Red and White). When R.O.B it self was released here in North America, he was Grey.

I don't think they have to recolor R.O.B besides they have a color change :laugh:

Nintendo hates Europe. Every good thing they make, like the Wii or Brawl, has to wait and/or is sold out everywhere and not being produced fast enough.
Europe is getting Mario Kart Wii first :laugh:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
watch it get delayed in NA by a month :laugh:
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if MK gets delayed everywhere. I mean, it's hardly had any exposure, I don't know, just feels a little rushed. It's only a month away! Or maybe that's just me :laugh:.

But MK will glady tide me over before Brawl, if it is to have it's April release.

ZäP

Smash Apprentice
We got Mario Strikers Charged first, may 25 07, while america got it sometime in july I think.
True dat, but you should remember that soccer(it has different meaning than football depending are you speaking/writing American english or English) isn't so popular in America, where they prefer football over it so there's no a very good reason to release it in states first.

I agree with ~N9NE~ that 16 days isn't enough to satisfy mine or any other europeans frustration when waiting for brawl. It should be atleast that already mentioned month so every one coul feel the pain of PAL area people, and don't forget Australia, if I my memory serves me right they get MK about 4 days before states... ...or was it later...

-: Trey :-

Smash Apprentice
That was the reason? XD why even bother with the colour! I thought it may be becuase wi-fi play here in the Americas was so bad that they might have tried to make it better for Europeans. But delaying just to change the colour of R.O.B is just crazy imo.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I used to say "You guys get Mario Kart first" before I saw release dates, but I agree that 16 days is nothing.

To the OP: I doubt it. As said above, ROB has the Japanese colors in the US version, and I don't remember if he has the gray colors for the US (and I think European) version.

Also, it's not really "Nintendo hates Europe," because Europe has it's own division of Nintendo that makes decisions on release dates and deals with localization. If anything, you should blame Nintendo of Europe for not putting enough emphases on the game.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
1. Thread creator is probably joking.

2. 16 days is nothing, however I wouldn't wish that the States would have to wait months after us for another game as revenge. I just want close worldwide release dates like for Galaxy.

3. ZaP is right. MSC was released in Europe first because football is 10 million times more popular here then it is in the States. Pretty easy decision which should get it first.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Localization.

Yes, it's ridiculous why NoE is keeping mum on things. But it's not to recolor R.O.B., yet it amazes me how some are taking you seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom