• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(REALISTIC) Dlc suggestions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stilll Alive

Smash Cadet
Now that they have opened the door for DLC it's not really a distant dream anymore to consider the possibilities

Please do not post unrealistic predictions and suggestions, goku will not be in smash, neither will shrek.

My first suggestion being a stretch, but I do think it is small possibility since capcom was involved in the game, Would Ryu not be the most perfect character for smash mechanics?? Up b shoryuken, down b counter (sf3), neutral b hadouken, side b tatsu kick

tmonty17

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3540-0649-1581
King K. Rool
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Snake
Lucas
"New" Pokemon Trainer
A new Pokemon trainer would be cool. As much as I love playin as charizard solo, I do miss playing as squirtle and ivysaur. I know Pokemon have a lot of representation already and with mewtwo coming it's even less likely we will get more Pokemon any time soon but ya never know. I mean Pokemon is a massive part of Nintendos success over the years.

GoldWindRequiem

Smash Cadet
NNID
RicochetRocket
Characters

Lucas
Snake or Simon Belmont (for Konami rep)
Wolf
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Wonder Red
Dixie Kong
Bandana Dee please lord grant me a playable waddle dee

Alt. Costumes/Skins

Donkey Kong - Boxing outfit (from Punch Out!!)
Luigi - Dr. Luigi
Toon Link - Casual clothes (from the beginning of Wind Waker)
Marth - Sigurd (from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) (either as a costume or skin)
Ganondorf - Hyrule Warriors appearance (C'mon now, Sakurai HAS to know people want to see this)
King Dedede - Masked Dedede (from Kirby Triple Deluxe)
Peach - Daisy (as a skin) #WishfulThinking

If I think of more, I'll post them as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I actually don't think Wolf and Lucas are too likely, because Ness and Fox got their moves. Now, I suppose Dark Pit proves that Sakurai has no issue with redundancy, but I think they might try a bit harder with things they expect you to pay for.

I could see Squirtle and Ivysaur, but the issue with them is that the one DLC character we already know about is also a Pokemon. Having every DLC character be a pokemon? A little weird.

I think ICs are out simply because the DLC has to be for both versions of the game and we already know they don't work on 3DS.

As far as Nintendo franchises not repped in this game, things like Custom Robo, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Sin and Punishment, and Rhythm Heaven are some of the bigger ones that remain. However, my gut feeling is that Nintendo won't use such potentially major characters as DLC. If they ever want to do Ray 01 / Sami / Isaac / Saki / Chorus Kids, it'll probably be in Smash 5.

That generally leaves Snake and secondary characters from franchises that are already in the game. I could definitely see Snake coming back if they get the rights to him. I would also not be shocked to see someone like Protoman, Tails, or Lloyd Irving. Those characters are all guaranteed bajillion sellers due to their popularity, while at the same time not necessarily taking things away from future games since they may not get the licenses back.

As for secondary characters, most people know the obvious choices. The one I would like the absolute most is Krystal, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Impa or Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

tmonty17

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3540-0649-1581
That generally leaves Snake and secondary characters from franchises that are already in the game. I could definitely see Snake coming back if they get the rights to him. I would also not be shocked to see someone like Protoman, Tails, or Lloyd Irving. Those characters are all guaranteed bajillion sellers due to their popularity, while at the same time not necessarily taking things away from future games since they may not get the licenses back.
Dude, yes! If they put Proto Man in the game that would be amazing. Mega Man has such a unique play style it would be cool to see another character in the game who's moves are cut from the same formula as mega man but with a completely different move set (ie. still have the mega buster mechanic but add in some defensive skills utilizing his iconic shield.)

Also, I would take knuckles over tails any day and even trade him for Sonic if I had to! Lol. Knuckles was MADE for smash bros. Give him a mix up of sonic style moves and add in some little Mack and throw in his glide move as a recovery. It just makes too much sense.

I'd like to see skull kid as a playable character as well. Although it's very unlikely since he is already an assist trophy, I think he would fit perfectly into the smash universe and give the Zelda franchise some much needed villain variety. Wind Waker skin for Ganondorf as an alternate costume would be sweet too but I can't see it actually happening.

All of my suggestions aren't too far outside the realm of possibility but I severely doubt any of them would actually happen. Maybe not until smash 5 anyways.. I can't complain tho. I've been wanting Mega Man since Melee and they finally did it so I'm happy with that regardless.

BushBoyFalcon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3969-4387-2766
I know it sounds ridiculous but I would just die if Travis Touchdown was a DLC character.

As for realistic DLC it'll probably be a lot of alternate costumes like in many other fighting games. I also believe that Young Link might make a return with all these other melee characters coming back, but it's just a speculation.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
- Wolf
- Lucas
- Snake
- Roy
- Ivysaur
- Squirtle
- New Zelda Rep (Impa)
- New DK character (Dixie)
- New Star Fox rep (Krystal)
- Non Other M ridley (I can dream can't I?)

tmonty17

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3540-0649-1581
I know it sounds ridiculous but I would just die if Travis Touchdown was a DLC character.
I forgot about Travis Touchdown. I would have the same reaction. He would fit perfectly into smash with his light saber and sweet wrestling moves.

The only reason why it seems far fetched is because he doesn't have another game on the horizon (as far as I know). It seems like Nintendo is strategically adding characters to cross promote their other games so if you're not a solidified gaming icon or a lesser known character that Nintendo is trying to put in the spotlight (fire emblem characters, shulk, etc) then your chances are slim.

He was part of a Wii only franchise though so it still makes sense in my book.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I forgot about Travis Touchdown. I would have the same reaction. He would fit perfectly into smash with his light saber and sweet wrestling moves.

The only reason why it seems far fetched is because he doesn't have another game on the horizon (as far as I know).
He's also from an M-rated game, which is probably an issue.

PeachPlumPear

Smash Cadet
I would like Lucas/Wolf/Roy and more costumes.

For example, WHERE IS MY MEXICO/ITALIAN FLAG LUIGI SKIN? Why is there America Mario -- 50 characters in the game and there's only one that has a national flag on it? I would also love a Pikachu with the Ruby/Sapphire protagonist hat.

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
I actually don't think Wolf and Lucas are too likely, because Ness and Fox got their moves. Now, I suppose Dark Pit proves that Sakurai has no issue with redundancy, but I think they might try a bit harder with things they expect you to pay for.

I could see Squirtle and Ivysaur, but the issue with them is that the one DLC character we already know about is also a Pokemon. Having every DLC character be a pokemon? A little weird.

I think ICs are out simply because the DLC has to be for both versions of the game and we already know they don't work on 3DS.

As far as Nintendo franchises not repped in this game, things like Custom Robo, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Sin and Punishment, and Rhythm Heaven are some of the bigger ones that remain. However, my gut feeling is that Nintendo won't use such potentially major characters as DLC. If they ever want to do Ray 01 / Sami / Isaac / Saki / Chorus Kids, it'll probably be in Smash 5.

As for secondary characters, most people know the obvious choices. The one I would like the absolute most is Krystal, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Impa or Bandana Dee.
Holy **** I'm tired of this.

Fox DOESN'T have Wolf's specials, he only has ONE, aka his side special "Wolf Flash".

And custom moves aren't allowed online anyway, and it will be shameful for Wolf and Lucas to be relegate as custom moves.

If there's DLC, they are the two priority. They have to, they're in the same boat as Mewtwo.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Holy **** I'm tired of this.

Fox DOESN'T have Wolf's specials, he only has ONE, aka his side special "Wolf Flash".
Up B 3 is also clearly based on Wolf Up B, even though it animates differently it has the same properties. Charge Blaster is also generally similar to Wolf's Blaster.

Granted, Wolf does have very different normals, but I still feel like he got those moves to sort of make up for Wolf's omission.

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
Geno. Right now, he's the only character I want. By now we all know what his moveset/final smash will be, so it's a matter of them making him from the ground up.

Tails, if only to increase Sonic's presence. I can imagine his final smash is him turing into Super Tails and having four Flickies appear around him and auto attack enemies that get too close.

GoldWindRequiem

Smash Cadet
NNID
RicochetRocket
Geno. Right now, he's the only character I want. By now we all know what his moveset/final smash will be, so it's a matter of them making him from the ground up.

Tails, if only to increase Sonic's presence. I can imagine his final smash is him turing into Super Tails and having four Flickies appear around him and auto attack enemies that get too close.
I like your idea of Tails. Being completely honest here, but Tails is the only other Sonic character that I believe can fit with Sonic in Smash. I mean, they've been bros since the second game of the entire Sonic series, not to mention Sonic would finally have a partner for him to tackle both Mario and Luigi.

Also I like your idea for his final smash. I was thinking he could use the Tornado and shoot opponents from the foreground, but your idea seems better and more unique in a way.

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
I like your idea of Tails. Being completely honest here, but Tails is the only other Sonic character that I believe can fit with Sonic in Smash. I mean, they've been bros since the second game of the entire Sonic series, not to mention Sonic would finally have a partner for him to tackle both Mario and Luigi.

Also I like your idea for his final smash. I was thinking he could use the Tornado and shoot opponents from the foreground, but your idea seems better and more unique in a way.
Not really unique as it is a call back to Sonic 3- going hyper with Tails only brought him up to Super Tails, but Super Tails is beyond OP because his Flickies would home in on enemies and kill them before you even got near them. The final boss becomes a case of "Super Tails Defeats The Final Boss By Doing Absolutely Nothing" kind of thing.

Though yeah, only Tails can fit. I mean, if they added Shadow they'd just make him a clone, and Knuckles would be too plain. I did have an awesome moveset for Cream and Cheese (taking a page out of Rosalina's book by having Cheese do all the fighting while Cream just commands where he goes, like a true puppeteer), but I honestly think I'm the only person who likes Cream T-T

Last edited:

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
Guys,By your opinions, isaac will join the battle or nintendo don't want to put him in smash bros?
I think that eh can have good moves using dijin and sword or like this.
What do you think?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Bring back all the cut melee clones

:pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee:

Because why the heck not? They are just clones, and they already brought back:4drmario:

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Bring back all the cut melee clones

:pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee:

Because why the heck not? They are just clones, and they already brought back:4drmario:
If we put in a third Link I think there might be rioting.

Heck, even adult Link clearly should have been replaced by Wolf Link and Midna, then just give anything that he has that's better than Toon Link (wait, is there anything?) to TL.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If we put in a third Link I think there might be rioting.
we already got 3 Mario clones :p

OK, so there's the original version of the character (:4mario::4link:) and there's a closely related version of that character that isn't that character exactly (:4luigi::4tlink:) and there's a version of the first character that IS the original character, but a different form of him (:4drmario::younglinkmelee:) The only problem is that all the link's clothing looks similar, and their names are too.

Why should this be that bad of a problem? maybe they could change up a little more of young link's moves. Young link already has the fire arrows that are different than Toon Link, so if they just change them up a little more it should be fine.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Here's my list :

-Lucas (:lucas:) : Even though I've never played a single game of the Mother/Earthbound series, I liked the way Lucas was made in Brawl, he wasn't an obvious clone of Ness. It would be great to have him with the release of Mother 3 (if it happens) in America and Europe. It's like a promotion, you buy the game on the eShop, you have Lucas on Smash. It's simple and the way to have him is like Mewtwo.

-Wolf (:wolf:) : I don't even know why they've leave this guy out, seriously. He's important in the Star Fox series and yet only appeared in one Smash game. He was maybe a clone, but at least he looked original. Again, he could be promoted with a future Star Fox game.

-Impa : If the DLCs allow new characters, Impa could be a pretty good character. Thanks to Hyrule Warriors, her popularity has gone up, so finding a moveset for her won't be a big problem (if you can find a moveset for Duck Hunt, you can create one for Impa) . Adding Impa would be great and original, though it would need some time to create it.

-Dixie Kong : Why not ? She was going to be in Brawl at first and she's in a recent game, why not adding this monkey ? The Donkey Kong series needs more representatives anyway. Her moveset is also easy to find, so putting her in the game isn't really complicated.

That's my list, it's short, but I don't want a million of DLCs in Smash personally. It's cool, but the game is already good without it.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
If there is future DLC, which inhere very well can be since they are adding Mewtwo, so here is my thoughts on this. Of course, it wouldn't be all at once, but maybe as purchasable in the future. Who knows! (Will try to make short explanations

Veterans:
Wolf - Yes - Not a direct Clone (Dark Pitt / Lucina too similar) and the series has a new game coming out. Should have more representation.

Lucas - Maybe - Granted not a direct clone. However, the series is not as relative to the Nintendo Franchise as other series.

Ice Climbers - No* - Sakurai cannot get them working on the 3ds and the rosters must be the same on both platforms. However, the only way they MAY be implemented if they can work with the new 3ds if the hardware is strong enough to support them.

Snake - Nope. Nothing against him, 3rd party character was special for Brawl, but does not have any other nintendo support. Sonic is the exception since Nintendo and Sega have done multiple collaborations.

Young Link - No - Toon link replaced him.

Pichu - No - not too popular and was a bit too gimmicky with the constantly damaging itself.

Roy - No - a lot of Fire emblem characters already and we already have a Marth Clone with Lucina. (I only like him in Project M since he was improved with those changes.)

Squirtle and Ivysaur - Maybe - combined the two since they are different characters and it could be possible since they separated Charizard from the trainer. With Mewtwo coming back and pokemone is very popular ... possible...

New Comers -

Dixie Kong - Need more DK representation since there has been some recent games with this franchise but just the same two characters. I think DK series Needs more love.

King K Rool - Same reason as above.

Krystal - Another star fox character who can play much differently from fox and falco and would add more rep for the series.

Impa - could be a clone of Sheik, granted zelda series has some good rep already, but just one to throw in.

Initial thoughts so far, more to come I am sure. I would also love alternate costume/characters like what they did with Bowser junior/Koopalings and Olimar/Alph. It would be easier to implement and adds more variety. Wouldn't Protoman as Megamans alternate costume be cool? Or Dry Bowser with Bowser? Wishful thinking, but would be neat.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Why should this be that bad of a problem? maybe they could change up a little more of young link's moves. Young link already has the fire arrows that are different than Toon Link, so if they just change them up a little more it should be fine.
Toon Link got the Fire Arrows as a Custom Move. They also have nearly identical normals. It's pretty clear that even though his name and appearance changed, Toon Link and Young Link really are the same character.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Based on popular want and a few I added based on my own opinion, these are the characters I think have a good chance at being dlc:

Issac
Fiora (Nicknamed Seven, from Xenoblade Chronicles)
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Snake
Impa
Inkling
King K Krool

Earthbound012

Smash Rookie
Dlc......well bring back all cut veterans.....i mean why not. I hate the idea of cutting characters in the first place. Clones never really bothered me. I mean if they were a little different then okay. I like Dark Pit more than regular pit so its not a big deal.
Young Link, Pichu, Roy, Ice Climbers, LUCAS, Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Wolf dont give up and hang in there. As for new dlc....well i wouldnt mind another F-zero or mother rep......Black shadow? and porkey......just some suggestions

Last edited:

Jigglypumped

Smash Cadet
Let's say they issue one DLC character every six months, and they stop doing it two years before the next Smash Bros release. If it's seven years (roughly) until the next game, then that gives us ten DLC characters. That seems a little high, so maybe they'll release one every eight months. That's about seven characters.

1. Wolf
2. Lucas
3. Squirtle
4. Ivysaur
5. Dixie
6. Impa

I chose 1-4 because they've already been in previous games, so theoretically it wouldn't be as difficult to implement them. I chose 5 and 6 because of my personal preference, and also because Dixie could be a semi-clone of Diddy and Impa could be a clone of Sheik. I don't see them adding a character with completely unique moves (like King K. Rool would probably have), but I guess it's possible.

I think Stage DLC will happen more frequently, but I don't know what stages they'd offer.

EDIT: I hadn't considered Roy, Pichu, or Ice Climbers, but here are my opinions on them:

Roy would be easy for them to add; he's just another Marth clone. I guess if Wolf gets added back, then Roy could be,too.

Pichu isn't as likely to come back as Squirtle and Ivysaur, but anything can happen, so who knows.

Ice Climbers would definitely come back if they figure out how to implement them on the 3DS within the next few years.

Last edited:

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Bayonetta, Isaac.
Well maybe the time for Bayonetta has passed, but they might do it to help Platinum out.

Isaac would just be a fan request thing. I don't care if its adult or teen Isaac. I think he gets enough American request don't know how the japanese feel

Ivysaur/Squirtle could totally be possible, they have the basic framework from Brawl to use as a concept.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'd love Super Metroid Ridley, but Snake's realistic, so are the other veterans, maybe Inkling and Wonder Red.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Toon Link got the Fire Arrows as a Custom Move. They also have nearly identical normals. It's pretty clear that even though his name and appearance changed, Toon Link and Young Link really are the same character.
I just really want to point out that the "fire arrow" custom is more like a bomb arrow, since it explodes on impact, but only if it hits the ground (in addition to weighing a lot more and having an awful trajectory) the flame hitbox also bops the enemy up a bit, like the boomerang. Young link's arrows were like normal but they did fire arrows and left a 1 or 2% non-flinching hitbox.

As for the normals, they could totally change the properties of most of them. Young link already has some different normals, like nair (the kick) and down air (doesn't go straight down and doesn't spike).

They could do things like give him a single hit Fsmash and a stabbing down tilt.

I'm not saying that he would be the best clone ever, but they should bring back ALL the cut characters.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Let's say they issue one DLC character every six months, and they stop doing it two years before the next Smash Bros release. If it's seven years (roughly) until the next game, then that gives us ten DLC characters. That seems a little high, so maybe they'll release one every eight months. That's about seven characters.

1. Wolf
2. Lucas
3. Squirtle
4. Ivysaur
5. Dixie
6. Impa

I chose 1-4 because they've already been in previous games, so theoretically it wouldn't be as difficult to implement them. I chose 5 and 6 because of my personal preference, and also because Dixie could be a semi-clone of Diddy and Impa could be a clone of Sheik. I don't see them adding a character with completely unique moves (like King K. Rool would probably have), but I guess it's possible.

I think Stage DLC will happen more frequently, but I don't know what stages they'd offer.

EDIT: I hadn't considered Roy, Pichu, or Ice Climbers, but here are my opinions on them:

Roy would be easy for them to add; he's just another Marth clone. I guess if Wolf gets added back, then Roy could be,too.

Pichu isn't as likely to come back as Squirtle and Ivysaur, but anything can happen, so who knows.

Ice Climbers would definitely come back if they figure out how to implement them on the 3DS within the next few years.
How about one every season? starting with mewtwo in spring, then someone else in summer, fall etc

I'm gonna go

Spring - Mewtwo
Summer - Dixie (Tropical Freeze?)
Fall - Impa (Zelda Wii U? I expect it november-ish)
Winter - Wolf (Star Fox Wii U)

Then the following year there'd be 4 more. Maybe Isaac (If he's not an assist) or snake, lucas or basically anyone

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
How about one every season? starting with mewtwo in spring, then someone else in summer, fall etc
Interesting idea, though if you're trying to tie it to game releases I think it would be more like this:

Spring - Mewtwo (ORAS, even though it will already be out)
Summer - Inkling (Splatoon)
Fall - Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Winter - Impa / new Zelda character (Zelda Wii U)

I suspect Starfox Wii U is actually 2017. It looked super early.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Interesting idea, though if you're trying to tie it to game releases I think it would be more like this:

Spring - Mewtwo (ORAS, even though it will already be out)
Summer - Inkling (Splatoon)
Fall - Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Winter - Impa / new Zelda character (Zelda Wii U)

I suspect Starfox Wii U is actually 2017. It looked super early.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/e3_2014_three_different_modes_detailed_for_star_fox_wii_u

"An outside developer may be enlisted to hit 2015 release target"

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Wolf, Lucas, K. Rool or Dixie, Krystal, Bandanna Dee or Galacta Knight, Isaac, Impa, Snake or Big Boss, Wonder Red and Inkling would be very welcomed additions to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom