• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I made this after the first E3 lol.
I think rayman actually had huge potential with rayman legends being exclusive, but then the delay and going multiplatform ruined his chances. I think it was similar to sonics deal cuz nintendo got sonic exclusives from sega around the same time.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I made this after the first E3 lol.
I think rayman actually had huge potential with rayman legends being exclusive, but then the delay and going multiplatform ruined his chances. I think it was similar to sonics deal cuz nintendo got sonic exclusives from sega around the same time.

Well, like I said, DLC gives him a fairly decent chance. I also think Snake will be DLC now as well.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I don't think it was the delay that ruined it. I think Ubisoft was just a little late on getting him in. Think about the reason why Snake was in brawl. Kojima was too late to get him into Melee. This is probably the case with Rayman.

So i'm making stage ideas right now for my video. My personal favorite idea that i've come up with so far is the the Castle Rock level from Legends.

Assist trophies were obvious. Globox and Barabara as one Assist Trophy. They come out and beat on opponents.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'd honestly like to see more references to the older games, like what characters usually get - Green Hill Zone, music from Metal Gear, Pac-Man and Mega Man being entirely retro.

While Rayman himself looks new, there are certainly moveset possibilities from older games, the energy shot from Rayman 2 is a must for neutral special. As for stages, I would want either something based on the Precipice or Buccaneer from Rayman 2, or something inspired from the first game, perhaps with Origins/Legends styled aesthetics. Globox is a good assist idea, though he should do his rain dance and make a cloud that will strike down lightning bolts or something.

Music is obvious, the Rayman 2 main theme is first and foremost, the boss fight theme, multiple tunes from the first game, some more iconic tunes from Origins and Legends (Castle Rock certainly couldn't work due to the licensed music), a track or two from Rayman 3 as well...

I believe it's a Snake situation as well, but that leaves him as a prime candidate for first DLC character, which is what I'm hoping.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I love how Rayman would be, if he's DLC, the first guest in this game without a spring recover. :laugh:

Trophies:
Rayman
Final Smash
Lums
Betilla
Mosquito
The Magician
Globox
Teensies
Barbara
Razorbeard
Andre
Hoodlums
Razoff
*Not done yet*

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I love how Rayman would be, if he's DLC, the first guest in this game without a spring recover. :laugh:

Trophies:
Rayman
Final Smash
Lums
Betilla
Mosquito
The Magician
Globox
Teensies
Barbara
Razorbeard
Andre
Hoodlums
Razoff
*Not done yet*
I really wonder about Mega Man, was Rush really all they could think of? What about the flying platforms he can spawn? And I'm not even a Mega Man fan...

Oh man, seeing Razorbeard again after all these years, all my yes. Can't forget Mr. Dark as well, err, however he's meant to look now anyway. Gotta have a Henchman 800 trophy as well, and a plum, Electoons, cages... I should stop now. Razoff seems really random though.

I need to start thinking of more ideas myself... Time to dig that moveset out... Bingo:

Rayman Smash Moveset:
ACombo- Jab Jab Punch
FTilt- Tiltable Kick
UTilt- Upward Jab
DTilt- Sweep Kick
Dash- Whirling Fists
FSmash- Windup Fist
USmash- Upward Windup Fist
DSmash- Ground Punch
Nair- Whirling Kick
Fair- Swings fists down
Uair- Upward Air Kick
Dair- Ground Slam
Bair- Back Air Kick
Tether- Telescopic Fist
Pummel- Headbutt
FThrow- Spin Throw
UThrow- Hair Chopper
DThrow- Grand Slam
BThrow- Kick Back
NeutralB- Energy Shot
SideB- Plum Toss
UpB- Flying Ring
DownB- Body Bounce
Final Smash- Golden Fists
Special Gimmick- Can hover down slowly with his helicopter hair by holding the jump button.

Rayman Smash Misc:
Entrance- Appears from spiral door
UTaunt- Victory pose
STaunt- Grimace
DTaunt- Dribbles body
Victory1- "Yeah!"
Victory2- Dances
Victory3- Peace sign
Victory Theme- R1 Level End
Stage- Glade of Dreams

I compacted it into a simplified list... I need to flesh this out more.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I really wonder about Mega Man, was Rush really all they could think of? What about the flying platforms he can spawn? And I'm not even a Mega Man fan...

Oh man, seeing Razorbeard again after all these years, all my yes. Can't forget Mr. Dark as well, err, however he's meant to look now anyway. Gotta have a Henchman 800 trophy as well, and a plum, Electoons, cages... I should stop now. Razoff seems really random though.

I need to start thinking of more ideas myself... Time to dig that moveset out... Bingo:

Rayman Smash Moveset:
ACombo- Jab Jab Punch
FTilt- Tiltable Kick
UTilt- Upward Jab
DTilt- Sweep Kick
Dash- Whirling Fists
FSmash- Windup Fist
USmash- Upward Windup Fist
DSmash- Ground Punch
Nair- Whirling Kick
Fair- Swings fists down
Uair- Upward Air Kick
Dair- Ground Slam
Bair- Back Air Kick
Tether- Telescopic Fist
Pummel- Headbutt
FThrow- Spin Throw
UThrow- Hair Chopper
DThrow- Grand Slam
BThrow- Kick Back
NeutralB- Energy Shot
SideB- Plum Toss
UpB- Flying Ring
DownB- Body Bounce
Final Smash- Golden Fists
Special Gimmick- Can hover down slowly with his helicopter hair by holding the jump button.

Rayman Smash Misc:
Entrance- Appears from spiral door
UTaunt- Victory pose
STaunt- Grimace
DTaunt- Dribbles body
Victory1- "Yeah!"
Victory2- Dances
Victory3- Peace sign
Victory Theme- R1 Level End
Stage- Glade of Dreams

I compacted it into a simplified list... I need to flesh this out more.
EDIT: nevermind i see it now. Looks awesome. You're the first person i've seen to not use the Plunger Gun.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Alright, time for a somewhat more fleshed out moveset and misc.
Rayman Smash Moveset:
NCombo- Rayman's jab>jab>punch combo from Origins/Legends.
FTilt- A swift kick that can be tilted, similar to multiple forward tilts.
UTilt- A quick uppercut with a spin. From Origins/Legends.
DTilt- A sweeping kick, can trip enemies. From Origins.
Dash- Spins in a tornado fashion while thrusting his fists out for a multi-hit attack. From Origins/Legends.
FSmash- Windup Fist: Rayman's classic attack, he charges his punch by spinning his fist around before launching it out for a powerful strike. Charge can be held and Rayman can carry it until the attack button is released. From Rayman.
USmash- Wind-up-percut: Similar to his forward smash but striking upwards, the charge cannot be held. From Origins/Legends.
DSmash- Slam Punch: Rayman slams the ground with heavy force, kicking up damaging dust in both directions. From Legends.

Nair- A sweeping kick from back to front, hits on both sides and below. From Origins/Legends.
Fair- Swings both fists down, causes a spike if sweet-spotted. From Legends.
Uair- Kicks up into the air. From Origins/Legends.
Dair- Quickly throws himself downwards and slams into the ground. From Origins/Legends.
Bair- Twists around and kicks behind himself. From Origins/Legends.

Tether- Telescopic Fist: Rayman has great range when grabbing due to his lack of limbs, he will throw out a fist that grapples opponents, but he can also grab ledges from a distance. When used in the air when not near a ledge, it will act as a weak punch.
Pummel- Headbutts the enemy.
FThrow- Spins around and tosses the enemy away, similar to Mario/Luigi/Wario's throws.
UThrow- Spins his hair and tosses the enemy onto it, stunning them in place for a moment before launching them upwards.
DThrow- Slams the enemy to the ground and then slams himself into them.
BThrow- Throws the enemy behind himself and then kicks them away.

NeutralB- Energy Shot: Rayman's iconic attack from Rayman 2, he tosses a sphere of energy which can ricochet off of walls and enemies. The move can be charged before release, which results in a powerful explosive projectile. Can move while charging.
SideB- Plum Toss: Rayman pulls a plum from hammerspace and tosses it forwards in an arch, similar to Gordo Throw.
UpB- Flying Ring: Rayman tosses out one of the iconic rings with which he can latch onto and swing upwards into the air. Has more horizontal movement than vertical, but doesn't leave Rayman helpless.
DownB- Body Bounce: Rayman throws his own body downwards to slam the ground, can spike enemies in the air.
Final Smash- Silver Lum: Rayman temporarily gains the ability to fly freely with his hair, while also being able to fire fully charged energy shots. Functions similarly to Yoshi's final smash, but with different flight controls.

Special Gimmick- Can hover down slowly with his helicopter hair by holding the jump button, his second jump is also assisted by it, giving him a similar air range as Yoshi, but without the invincibility frames.
Rayman Smash Misc:
Entrance- Appears from spiral door before doing his entrance pose from Origins/Legends.
UTaunt- Grins as he does a peace sign towards the screen.
STaunt- Performs his iconic grimace: holding his mouth wide open while flailing his tongue.
DTaunt- Does a quick spin before posing with a shining grin, reference to his level finish from Rayman 1.
Victory1- Spins and thrusts his fist into the air while shouting "Yeah!"
Victory2- Performs either his victory dance from Origins/Legends, or the victory dance after beating a boss in Rayman 1.
Victory3- Grins,does a peace sign and holds the pose.
Victory Theme- Level Finish theme from Rayman 1.

Stage:
Glade of Dreams: A shifting stage featuring various locales from Rayman's homeland, starting in a forest before randomly shifting between Band Land, the Precipice, Land of the Livid Dead (Rayman 3), Gourmand Land, and Fiesta de los Muertos.

Music:
Title Theme (Rayman 1) - Remix
Moskito Fights (1&2) - Remix
Mr. Dark's Theme
Rayman 2 Theme - Remix
Henchman Fights (Rearranged)
Cave of Bad Dreams - Remix
Boss Theme (Rayman 2)
Hoodlums Theme
Reflux Battle (Final Boss)
Rayman Origins Theme
Land of the Livid Dead (Origins)
Rayman Legends Theme
Eye of the Tiger on kazoo :troll:

Trophies:
Rayman (UbiSoft's model)
Rayman Smash
Final Smash
Electoons/Darktoons
Betilla
Mosquito
The Magician
Mr. Dark
Lums
Globox
Teensies
Ly the Fairy
Henchman 800
Razorbeard
Andre
Hoodlums
Reflux
Rabbids (as much as a loathe them)

Assist Trophy:
Globox: Rayman's long time friend and blood brother, Globox appears to perform his rain dance from Rayman 2, striking up a storm cloud that will hover over a random enemy. The cloud will release lightning at random intervals, leaving the opponent with no idea when they'll get shocked next. Even with Globox's cowardly nature, he can still hold his own in a fight!
More to come!

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
love how Sakurai apparently contacted Ubisoft for a trophy of their character. I want him in the game, though I've only plays 7 minutes of Rayman 3D. And completed Rayman Origins but that's not the point.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
But those were all licensed songs.

Don't tell me you've never heard Black Betty, Eye of the Tiger, or the song from Kill Bill/Verizon commercials?
I actually didn't know that. More you know. (I didn't know Eye of The Tiger was in the game. or Kill Bill music :laugh:)

I haven't played Legends yet so i didn't know about all the songs outside of Castle Rock since i've kept myself from watching gameplay. I want to have a complete blind playthrough. Not a plot thing but mostly because i want to experience everything after the demo levels for the first time since i prefer to not know certain things about games. (Otherwise it's too easy)

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I actually didn't know that. More you know. (I didn't know Eye of The Tiger was in the game. or Kill Bill music :laugh:)

I haven't played Legends yet so i didn't know about all the songs outside of Castle Rock since i've kept myself from watching gameplay. I want to have a complete blind playthrough. Not a plot thing but mostly because i want to experience everything after the demo levels for the first time since i prefer to not know certain things about games. (Otherwise it's too easy)
[collapse=Spoilers then]Castle Rock is Black Betty in jibberish.
The water one is Woohoo, the Kill Bill song sung by Lums.
Fiesta de los Muertos is Eye of the Tiger. On Kazoo. With random Spanish shouting thrown in for good measure.
Another rock stage is some obscure French song, apparently it's obscure in France too.
One is an orchestral symphony, not sure which one, though it's not licensed like the rest.
Last one is Land of the Livid Dead from Origins, but rocking out.
There are more but... super spoilers, and nothing related to mention.[/collapse]

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
And now thanks to @Fatmanonice and with @ SSGuy SSGuy 's permission, I've now become the thread owner!

I'll be working on revamping the OP in order to get support rolling for Rayman to be DLC, and of course we'll need all the fans of both Rayman and Smash to band together on this, we need to let Sakurai know that we want more than just a trophy!

From this trophy, we must rise to the challenge if we want our hero to be playable, and this trophy represents hope!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Quickly updated the OP! We now have a proper supporter list, so if I missed you while searching the thread, or you've just decided to support now, be sure to post and let me know! I'll update as often as possible, and I won't stop until we get Rayman playable!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'd like to see Rabbids as smash run enemies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'd like to join, Rayman is my third favorite video game franchise of all time, behind Sonic and Mario. He was the character I wanted the most, but didn't expect. The trophy has given me hope for him as DLC, or at the worst, Smash 5.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Oh sure, now that they show off Rayman's trophy everyone wants to come and support Rayman now. I supported Rayman before it was cool! :shades:
If we don't get Rayman playable, can we at least get a stage or at the very least some music?

For stage: Land of the Livid Dead.

Music:
Grannies World Tour

or Orchestral Chaos.

Read this thread and see my posts from over a year back :)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Crash Bandicoot is a horrible idea for Smash Brothers. Playstation Allstars Battle Royale's never gonna happen sequel? Sure.

But Crash's history is too rooted to Sony to be considered a good third party candidate for a Nintendo all fighter. He was practically about Sony's mascot for years.

Crash has games on Nintendo systems all the way back on the Gamecube. That is a system that is over 15 years old.

I like Rayman's chances now. Why have a trophy from a series and not a character? That would be dissappointing.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Rayman is awesome and if characters were put in solely for their moves, he would be sure-fire. Alas, being third-party is hardly advantageous and being a trophy doesn't bode well. Support anyway.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Crash Bandicoot is a horrible idea for Smash Brothers. Playstation Allstars Battle Royale's never gonna happen sequel? Sure.

But Crash's history is too rooted to Sony to be considered a good third party candidate for a Nintendo all fighter. He was practically about Sony's mascot for years.
List of Nintendo Games Crash has appeared in:

Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (Game Cube) (2001)
Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure (GBA) (2002) (Nintendo Exclusive)
Crash Nitro Kart (Game Cube & GBA) (2003)
Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage (GBA) (2004) (Nintendo Exclusive)
Crash Tag Team Racing (Game Cube) (2005)
Crash Boom Bang (DS) (2006) (Nintendo Exclusive)
Crash of the Titans (Wii & GBA & DS) (2007)
Crash: Mind Over Mutant (Wii & DS) (2008)

Canceled Games:

Crash Twinsanity (Game Cube) (2004)

The biggest thing against Crash now is he's owned by Activision which owns skylanders, amiibo's vs skylanders is the bigger deal.
If he was in Smash he'd have an Amiibo which would conflict with skylanders.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
I support Rayman 4 Smash DLC. As others have said, I was very happy to see his trophy because I didn't believe he would be mentioned at all in this iteration. Rayman seems to be on good grounds for either DLC or Smash 5, as well he should be. His games, particularly The Great Escape and Rayman Legends, are stunningly creative and zany.

Last edited:

Snipe

Smash Cadet
Rayman Moveset

Overview:
Rayman, the limbless wonder, is a fairly balanced character with a variety of wacky moves. Due to his lack of limbs, he is fairly light, but to make up for his fragility, he has good recovery and some strong attacks.

Entrance:
A bright orb of light gathers and Rayman appears, just like his birth in Rayman Origins.

Costumes:
His costumes can consist from the many costume selection that he had in Rayman games such as the Rabbid party games, Rayman Origins, and Rayman Legends.

Unlockable:
1. Obtain all the boss trophies.

2. Play 850 vs. Matches

A-Moves:
A: Jab-Quickly jabs with one of his fist.* 3%-5% damage.

A+A: Double Punch-Hits with another jab with his opposite fist.* 6%-10% damage.

A+A+A: Combo-Does a kick “Spartan kick” that slightly knocks the opponent away.* 9%-13% damage.

Side A: Slap-He does a slaps anything in front of him (Rayman Origins/Legends).* 7%-9% damage.

Up A: Uppercut-He does a quick uppercut.* 6%-8% damage.

Down A: Leg Sweep-Performs leg sweep with his foot.* 5%-8% damage.

Dash A: Spin- He tackles and spins, making for a multi-hit attack.*8%-12% damage.

Smash Attacks:
Side Smash: Charge Punch- Charges his punch, but when fully charged, his fists turn red, spiky, and metal.* 18%-30% damage. (Yea, it’s strong)

Up Smash: Uppercut-Performs an uppercut.* 14%-17% damage.

Down Smash: Green Vortex-Creates a green vortex with his fists, making the opponent take multi-hit damage and face away from Rayman (Rayman 3).* 12%-24% damage.

Aerial Attacks:
Neutral: Spin Punch-His fists spin around his body.* 8%-10% damage.

Side: Aerial Kick- He kicks midair like in Rayman Origins/Legends.* 9%-12% damage.

Up: Chopper-Spins his hair around, damaging anything touching it.* Anything directly above him will be lifted higher into the air.* 3% damage per hit.

Down: Dual Kick-Kicks with both feet.* 8%-11% damage.

Special Moves:
Neutral: Energy Ball- Rayman shoots a small energy ball from Rayman 2, but it could also charge to increase damage output.*You can move around while charging your fists* 5% damage min, 20% damage max.

Side: Shock Rocket-Dons the shock rocket outfit from Rayman 3 and shoots a controllable, orange rocket.* It gains power but loses maneuverability with time.

Up: Helicopter Hair- A helicopter helmet appears on his head and it propels him upwards (yellow powerup can from Rayman 3). He rises for a while, and then slowly glides back down; kind of like G&W’s up special, but has more “control”.

Down: Shoe Shot[Explosive]-Rayman launches one of his shoes at his opponents and it travels quickly on the ground. It can be detonated to release an explosion, but it will also explode if contact is made with it. *Using this move will slow down Rayman’s running/walking speed until it is over, but he can still multitask.

Grabs/Throws:
Rayman uses his lockjaw powerup to grab (it can also be used as a grapple).

Hit: Shock[Electric]-He shocks the the victim.* 3% damage per shock.

Side Throw: Launch-He spins around to gain power, then throws the enemy to the side like a shotput.

Up Throw: Juggler-He flings the enemy into the air with the lockjaw.

Down Throw: Slam-He slams the enemy face-first into the ground with the lockjaw.

Taunts:
Up: Smiles and lifts his index and middle finger to form a peace sign.

Side: Sticks his absurdly long tongue out as in the Rayman series.

Down: Creates an small energy ball and admires it.

Victory Poses:
1. Performs a backflip, saying, "Yay! Go me!"

2. A bunch of red lums behind him ignites upwards and he has his hands are at his sides (Rayman 3)

3. Breakdances for a while.

Final Smash:
The Son of The Sun: The circle on Rayman's shirt start to glow yellow and a giant energy ball shoots out and smaller energy balls spread around the map(You may also move the "giant" energy ball up and down). Anything that touches it will stay shocked in the energy ball until it explodes sending the opponent flying. (Yes, this attack is made up and is not in any Rayman games, but I based it off of Rayman 2)

Globox’s Ship: Rayman calls for Globox’s help and Globox and his flying ship swoops in and picks Rayman up, controlling the ship to drop bombs and shoot lasers at enemies. (Rayman 3)

Stages:
Fairy Council: Buttons below the players’ feets could be pressed on to activate walls, like the ones used to stop the plum barrel that Globox was hopping around in from Rayman 3. Also, airships with hoodlums will start shooting at you from atop and could be popped to have enemy ground troops attack players. The airships could also be ridden on.

The Prison Ship: Players fight on a ship, and the boss, Razorbeard, could be fought at the crow’s nest of the ship after some time has passed. Stage destructions such as cannonballs and fire could occur. (Never played Rayman 2, but a Pirate ship with a conveniently placed boss seems like a good idea.)

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Really, the idea of Rayman never seemed possible to me until this Monday. Now is something I need for this game. Would be my favorite newcomer. Consider me supporting.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Colors:
Purple/Default
Red/Heavy Metal Fist
Blue/Raybox
Green/Vortex
Black/Dark Rayman
Yellow/Throttle Copter

Alt Costume Choices: Too many to list. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I'd rather wait and see the rest of the roster than support DLC characters because there's a chance they'll be in the release roster.

That said I'm almost confident that Rahman is getting into the launch roster because I just feel like you can't have this random Ubisoft trophy without any further representation especially since Rahman is very neutral when it comes to the big three, he's not quite Microsoft, he's not quite Sony and he's not quite Nintendo, at least from what I've noticed.

That said I await my robot pirate Smash Run enemies, Globox assist trophy and as a stage, somewhere in the ice/fruit world from Origins.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Thinking about the Gamexplain vid again, I find their comments about worthiness off. Rayman's games haven't been remotely as terrible as some of Pac's and Sonic's games, and of the 3rd Party fighters in SSB's history, Sonic and Snake's franchises are still making headlines of some kind. Other than Smash, the only Mega Man news we hear of is Mighty No. 9 which is "not" Mega Man. Sonic's consistent but his recent games are pretty good at best, and when they're bad the rep sticks for years. MGS is practically the only series with the high caliber performance.

In terms of starpower, Rayman's solid at least. It seems like the commentators are overlooking the franchises current level of quality and focusing mostly on their glory days.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Thinking about the Gamexplain vid again, I find their comments about worthiness off. Rayman's games haven't been remotely as terrible as some of Pac's and Sonic's games, and of the 3rd Party fighters in SSB's history, Sonic and Snake's franchises are still making headlines of some kind. Other than Smash, the only Mega Man news we hear of is Mighty No. 9 which is "not" Mega Man. Sonic's consistent but his recent games are pretty good at best, and when they're bad the rep sticks for years. MGS is practically the only series with the high caliber performance.

In terms of starpower, Rayman's solid at least. It seems like the commentators are overlooking the franchises current level of quality and focusing mostly on their glory days.
"Because "LEGACY" HURRHURRHURR" - The entire Gamexplain video.

I'm not even being mean. This is a good description of their argument against Rayman.

Last edited:
Top Bottom