• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raw Texture Manager (for replacing Melee textures)

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Raw Texture Manager 1.0 - March 14, 2015
http://lakora.us/brawl/rawtexturemanager

I wrote most of this program back in January, to see if I could improve on my (very old now) KirbyTool now that I've worked with BrawlLib. It's designed to let you replace textures in Melee files. Unlike Melee Toolbox, it doesn't try to read the file - instead it uses JSON files that tell it where the textures are, along with their size, type, etc.

In other words -
  • Pros: you can tell it exactly where the textures are (lets you replace textures that might be missing in Melee Toolbox without hexing)
  • Cons: you have to tell it exactly where the textures are
Right now the program only works with Kirby, Mario, Roy, Link, and Pikachu. But you can add your own JSON files to the Definitions folder - see the existing ones (and the README) to see how they are made.

(I also put a feature in that lets you hit F9 to point it to the Placements file in one of Steelia's packs, and create a JSON file. But it usually doesn't work properly.)

Someday I think there will be a program that can find all the textures on its own, and this will become obsolete. But maybe this can help fill in the gaps until then. A heads up - I most likely will not be updating this in the future, unless someone else makes a contribution (i.e. new definitions files.)

Top Bottom