• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Meowth

Chance: 5%
With an appearance as a summon and Mewtwo as a dlc, he'll have a difficult time this Smash.

Want: 100%
Such a shame... one of the most iconic Pokemons ever and the possibility of a cat fighter (every fighting game seems to have one) but it seems like he really missed his chance to be added to the roster of any future Smash. Would gladly take him over Jigglypuff.

Nominations:
Tingle x5

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Meowth:
Chances: 0%
Want: 0%

10% chances? seriously?
He is a pokeball Pokemon and doesn't have popularity in the ballot.

-Nominations:
!Rerate Chibi Robo X5

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
BUB AND BOB
CHANCE: 1.74%
WANT: 15.12%
That awkward moment when B. B. Bandit Trio are considered more likely. Next up we're rating Meowth and predicting what score both Owain and the concept of a Shin Megami Tensei character will get tomorrow.

You know what? I'm fine with this result. Having over 15% in want is something nice to read.
I don't find akward that the BBT are considered more likely, they are first party, so, they are more likely, at least for a theoretical standpoint.

Meowth:052::
Chances: 0%... he is already a pokeball in the game...
Want: he is already a good pokeball, and the meowth we want is Team Rocket's one, and he doesn't even have learn PayDay... so: 10%...

Owain: from fire emblem?... 5%
Anybody from Shin Megami Tensei?...12%

Noms: Bomberman x5

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Meowth:052:

Chance: 1%

Want: 80%
I have wanted him to join since the original Smash, but some easier to make puffball took his place.:039:

Nominate: Goemon x5 from Goemon's Great Adventure

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Meowth chances: 0.4%
A Poké Ball summon in all games besides Melee, I don't think Meowth has been seriously considered by Sakurai for Brawl or Smash 4, maybe Smash 64 if the rumors are true, but Jigglypuff got over Meowth due to her value as a joke character. Meowth is admittedly one of the most iconic Pokémon out there, but that's mostly because of medias other than the games (most notably the anime).

Meowth want: 2%
I understand why people want Meowth in Smash Bros. but I personally don't want to see it playable. It would feel more like representation of the anime rather than the games and while I don't mind some references or inspiration from the anime in Smash (though Pokémon telling their names annoys me), Meowth would definitely screem "put him because muh anime" due to how little highlighting and influence it actually has in the games (I only cared about Meowth in the games for Pickup in Fire Red). Also Meowth's moveset potential doesn't interest me... I just feel it'd be one more Pokémon in the roster and not much more. Meowth is perfectly fine as a Poké Ball summon and I have no desire to see it promote to playable.

Owain prediction: 1.88%
Yet another Fire Emblem character... and not a major one to boot. At least he's popular.

Shin Megami Tensei character prediction: 5.43%
A somewhat niche third-party series, though the SMTxFE crossover will help it.

... oh wait, that means we will rate two characters or concepts per day now? If that's the case I'm cool with that.

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Tetrimino x5

If even Bub and Bob managed to do better than 1%... okay, maybe this will beat them in unlikeliness and finally be our first <1% chances character?

Last edited:
Chance: 1% (same issues as Gengar + being a Poke Ball summon)
Want: 75% (I always found it strange that he didn't make it in SSB or Melee, as he is an iconic Pokemon, but sadly it might be too late for him to get in)

SMT character prediction: 5%

Owain prediction: 4%

Nominations: Black Mage 5x

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Double zeroes.
Meowth is a Pokeball summon. End. Of.

Predictions: Owain 5%, SMT character 9%

Nominations: (edited) 5x Concept: The next entry in the Smash Brothers series will be a PlayStation All-Stars crossover. Where else could the series go, really?

Last edited:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Meowth -

Want: 5%

Prediction - SMT chracter: 6%
Owain: 7%

Nomination: Smash 5 has a 10 year wait cycle x 5

since some people are going to keep voting zeroes on minor characters, why not support concepts like this?

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Want: 25%

Another Pokémon from Gen 1 - fill in all of the thoughts about Gengar, and add "he's already in the game." Like I said, I like Gen 1, and the Pokémon franchise borrows a lot from the anime, unlike every other series (why do you think Jiggles has been in, she's nothing special in the games). In his regard, Meowth is far more popular than Jigglypuff, since he's a third of the Rocket trio, a villainous team who the writers can't really replace even after 10 years since they're really great characters. Unfortunately, there's too many things in Meowth's way which people whine about, so he's most likely not even being considered. I don't think that just because a character is from the original generation or is a RNG generated assist it should bar them, but since the general consensus is contrary, he has no support and thus no chance. Especially now that space is limited.

Predict 2.9% for both

Nom: Classic mode x5

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
The last coupled of days my posts have been either shoddy or nonexistent, and I'd like to apologize for that. THe reason behind this is quite simple: Rhythm Heaven Fever.

I picked up the game shortly after last year's E3 when Gematsu seemed all but confirmed for only $5 at a local department store's clearance sale. But then Gematsu got smashed, and I never got around to playing it. But about a week ago my online was down I decided to play it, and I haven't been able to put it down. The tunes are incredibly catchy, and the gameplay is practically the definition of easy to learn, difficult to master. Now that I've gotten all 58 medals, I can resume my life and my Smashboards posts!

Meowth:
Chance: .1%
He's got simply no chance of appearing, and his only relevance these days is within the anime.

Want: 10%
He's cool in the anime and all, but within the games he's just one face among many.

Nominating Owain x5... oh.

Nominating Shin Megami...oh.

Nominating Karate Joe x4
Nominating Isa Jo x1

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Meowth
Chance- 0.25%
Pokeball summon. To get out of that, Meowth would probably need at least one of the following:
1) A mountain of support
2) Be the clear next rep for his series
3) Be from a series that doesn't already have a DLC rep
Meowth fails in all categories.
Want- 55%
Gen 1… Don't need more Pokemon… Questionable moveset… but it's still Meowth. Meowth is great. Admittedly heavily influenced from the anime, but whatever. I can't deny that I wouldn't mind seeing him.

Owain Predictions- 4%
Owain's day on the old thread was a classic. One of the first ridiculous characters we did. (what I am talking about "we"… I was definitely just a lurker at the time…)
SMT Character Predictions- 5%
Nominations:

Crono x5

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Meowth, Right?
Chance: 2%
Everything said by everybody.
One of 700+ being my favorite.

But not the NPC-ness.
Sakurai can pick who he wants, not bound to rules constituted on "Didn't happen before"

Why not?
He'd be a fun and nimble fighter so I'd not be opposed.

O, why? 1.45%

Nabbit x5

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Meowth
5% Chance
Meowth does not often get the credit it deserves. It is the second most important pokemon in the anime, right after :4pikachu: himself. As such, as long as the Pokemon anime exists, Meowth will be a popular and relevent pokemon, despite his gen 1 status. A lot of people tend to scorn Gen 1 for having four reps, but in all honesty,these are the pokemon that stay with people. :4mewtwo::4charizard: and :4pikachu:are all some of the most popular pokemon, and :4jigglypuff: is a smash staple. As such, Gen 1 is not an obstacle for Meowth, in terms of relevancy or in terms of number of reps.

However, Meowth has major obstacles in his way if he wants to get in Smash. For starters, he is a pokeball. A predefined role is a huge obstacle for any DLC character. Only someone with immense popularity could overcome such a big hurdle, most notably Ridley, would have a shot above a miniscule chance with that much baggage. Meowth is nowhere near that popular, and thus is hurt greatly. Further hurting Meowth is his competition. Not just in the ballot, but in his own series. :pichumelee::ivysaur::squirtle: are all more popular and suggested than him, and all are veterans, and given the preference the community and Sakurai have towards our vets, this hurts Meowth greatly. Furthermore, he has conflict with non vets like Sceptile.

55% Want
I think playing as a cat could be fun and cool. In all honesty, his competition hurts his want score greatly.
Owain 0.64% Prediction

Nominating Snake x 5

:053:
chance 0%
pokeball pokemon without ballot support.

If only my sleep schedule lined up so i didnt always have my arguements said for me:urg:

Want 15%
prefer persian :troll:
I really dont care for the little guy
prediction
owain 4%

Sha-balo-bo-ding-dong 4% (shin megami)

Noms agnes oblige 5

Plz excuse any double posting. My phone is a little derpy today

Last edited:

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Meowth:
Chances: 3%
Out of all possible characters in the gaming universe, Meowth's chances of getting in are not the lowest. But... they still aren't -good-. Everyone's listed the reasons against, but really the only reason FOR is the Pokemon anime and I just don't think that's enough.

Want: 1%
I like him fine in the anime, but he's not really representative of anything from the Pokemon games and we've already got an oddball unimportant filler Pokemon in Jigglypuff (who I'd also be okay with never seeing again if I'm totally honest... She's fun to play as but her total lack of relevance compared to the rest of the roster bugs me...)

Predicts:
Owain: 1.25%
Shin Megami Tensei character: 1.51%

Noms:
Lana (Hyrule Warriors) X 5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Ah, finally someone I genuinely want.

:052:
Chance: 0%
With the news that the next couple of DLC characters will be entirely fanservice, aka, who people have voted for, a confirmation there's only a few DLC fighters left, Meowth already having a role as a Pokeball summon and the general consensus that Pokemon has enough characters for now(especially gen 1 according to some individuals), Meowth hasn't got a chance at all.

Which sucks, because like Toad, like Ridley, like Dixie Kong and like King K. Rool he's one of the more recognisable faces of Nintendo not currently playable in Smash.

Aside from Toad, Meowth has been the only character I've wanted in Smash since day one that still hasn't had his chance to shine. With each passing gen and the desire to advertise the newer generations, Meowth's chances decrease...which is a damn shame, since he's managed to survive 20 years and is still a fairly well reknown Pokemon unlike many of those who came after him who are of their time.

The anime is naturally most responsible for my want of Meowth, but since his number(52) was the mirror of Pikachu's number(25), and the obvious cat vs. mouse rivalry, I've always deemed Meowth Pikachu's rival and therefore one of the more noteworthy Pokemon unable to make the leap from NPC to playable.

Not even my favourite Pokemon, but Meowth feels like the most iconic individual outside the starters currently worthy of a Smash slot. Zoroark's popularity dropped pretty damn quick, and I have no doubt the current popular fan favourite of Hawlucha will fall out of the Pokemon fan's collective memory far before Team Rocket's scratch cat does.

Prediction:
SMT Guy: 6%
Owain: 1%

Nominations:
Vaati X 5

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Prepare for trouble! Make it double! Meowth! That's right!
Meowth:

Chances: 0% He's a pokeball pokemon, he's a bit on the impossible side. Unfortunately, his chances are low even for next game, because his relevancy has dwindled outside of the anime unlike Pikachu, Lucario and even Jigglypuff ( Before you kill me, she's a catchable pokemon in every main handheld game,which is something not even Pikachu has as a feat, so yes, she's actually still relevant game wise). Which sucks, because he'd be pretty cool to have.

Want: 70% Meowth is awesome, why would I not want him?

Owain Prediction : 0.5%

SMT prediction: 2%

Nominations: Dark Matter x 5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
MEOWTH:
CHANCE: 1%

Meowth has been in the Pokémon anime since its inception in 1998 and is still just as prominent 17 years later. That alone means he's extremely well known, popular and iconic. That said, I have very little faith that Pokéball and Assist Trophies are eligible, no matter how much their ballor support may be, and no matter how much their supporters cry and put up a strong front. If the ultra-popular Ridley was shafted, I don't have much hope. :ohwell:

WANT: 25%
He's not one of my top choices and I would be rather indifferent to his inclusion, to be honest. I don't expect Meoth to carry over his anime mannerisms to Smash, despite Smash's Pokémon representation being heavily influenced by the anime.

OWAIN PREDICTION: 0.9%
His rating hand hungers...

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI CHARACTER PREDICTION: 6.6%
No idea.

ASHLEY × 5

:231:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Meowth, that's right!

Chance: 10%
He's not a popular request any more.

Want: 85%
Just like most people here, I'll take a talking Meowth with an accent( can't remember which accent specifically though).

Nomination: Sora x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Meowth

Chance: 6%. Already a pokeball item, and we have enough gen 1 Pokemon.

Want 1%

Prediction

Owain: 1.79%

SMT: 4.8%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Chance: 0% (He's already a Pokeball Pokemon, what's the point of him being added)?
I'd rather have someone like Rayman over Meowth any day.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Meowth:

Poke Ball.

Confession: I'd take him over Mewtwo. Don't kill me

Predictions for Owain: 4% Chance, 36% Want
Predictions for SMT Character: 8%, 42% Want

Nominate Homecoming Hijinx x 5

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Meowth:

I know that Meowth is already a pokeball but that shouldnt stop him. many thought that toon link wouldnt be playable thanks by he was as a "stage hazard" in 3DS version but that toon link is replaced if Toon Link himself are fighting on the stage.
it could be the same scenario with either being a meowth in a "Subsitute" doll, a Ditto-fied Meowth or just leave meowth normally without any visual changes.
I know that Pokemon has 6 reps already there 4 are from Gen1. but lets not forget that we have 5 FE characters (6 with Robin alt) and 7 Mario Characters excluding Yoshi (13-14 with all alts). so Meowth do have a chance of getting in, its only the support thts missing and a approvement from gamefreak since gamefreak do have some kind of choice of what pokemon what should appear in smash

Want: more than 100%
lets face it, meowth is the second most iconic pokemon right after Pikachu! where ever pikachu is going in in anime, events ect, meowth is seen there and are shortly after!
I want him more than any character and is Top 3 favorite pokemon, tied with Jigglypuff and Dusknoir and I could easy offer my Jigglypuff from smash just to have meowth playable (yes, jigglypuff is my main and I love jigglypuff to death)

His Moveset can really be interesting, especially if you take his anime side. he can only use Scratch and Fury Swipe in the anime and not the original meowths iconic move "Pay Day" but he do using machines alot to cover it! imaging him getting a "Jr Treatment" that many of his attacks are more of a Techincal and machine styled like "Extended Glove hand", "digging shovel for pits", "Team Rocket Air Ballon for final smash attacks". his moveset is endless there

nominating: Tingle

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
MEOWTH:

CHANCE: 1%

An iconic Pokemon that's been memorable for his antics with Team Rocket and still has plenty of anime related relevance unlike a certain Balloon Pokemon. Lack of ballot support due to his Pokeball status is a problem and we don't if any NPC character will get a promotion as DLC. Then there's the fact that we have a bit too many 1st Gen Pokemon (which I personally don't care about) and Mewtwo is considered the token Pokemon DLC fighter.

WANT: 80%

Best Pokemon ever? No, more like best Pokemon rep ever because this Scratch Cat has so much character that would fit in Smash. I would be lying if I said if I would prefer him over "X Flavor of the Month Pokemon" or a playable Pokemon human (which will never happen). Attack people with golden coins would be the best thing to do with old Meowth.

OWAIN PREDICTION: 1%

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI CHARACTER PREDICTION: 6%

Nomination: Style Savvy x5

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Seems like there haven't been as many posts today as there usually are.

What's the matter, everyone? Cat got your tongue?

--

Meowth

Chance: 2%
Always on the fringe of discussion whenever Smash candidates are brought up, Meowth has held relevance thanks to a certain talking one in the Pokémon anime. Could we see a member of the species sneak into the roster as DLC and finally fulfill that (still unconfirmed) rumor of being planned for Smash 64?

Think of it this way. You know all the problems brought up on Gengar's day? The lacking ballot support? The moveset potential limited by pre-existing elements? The fact that the Pokémon fans among the Smash fanbase are overall sick and tired of Gen 1 hogging the spotlight and are much more interested in mons from Gens 3 and onward?

Add all of those to the fact that Meowth is already a Poké Ball summon and all the problems that presents.

With one massive blow adding onto a lot of pre-existing issues, it'd take some kind of behind-the-scenes sneakiness for it to happen.

Want: 20%

To be honest, I don't find the concept interesting. In a series with all these incredible elemental powers and things being thrown around, a non-elemental cat creature with one attack that creates money kinda pales in comparison. There're just too many more interesting options out there, you know?

Owain Prediction: 0.89%
Another Fire Emblem character means there'll inevitably be auto-zeroes from people who pull the "over-repped" card. Combine that with the fact that he's up here more for humorous reasons than anything, and, well...

Prediction for the Concept of a Character from the Shin Megami Tensei series: 2.87%

Atlus makes some really good RPGs and all, but with no significant support and no one character with high level iconic status, I can't see this one getting very high.

Nominations: Absol x5

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Meowth :052:

It's too late. He was second in command to Pikachu in the original Smash Bros. What went wrong?!

Want: 75%
Because I want to use pay day and literally throw money at every problem.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Meowth

It's going to take a miracle for him to get in the game.

Don't want any more PKMN though Meowth could be a fun character.

Prediction
Owain: 0.5%

Nomination
Waluigi X5

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Meowth
Chance: 0.9%
Abstain from explanation. I'm out of town, and I'm a bit busy at the moment. I'll give the iconic Pokemon a score of 0.9%.
Keeping up with these ratings can be difficult at times...

Want: 0.5%
Abstain from explanation.

Prediction - Owain: 1.4%

Nominations:
x5 Tails the Fox

Burruni

Smash Hero
Meowth

He, Snorlax, and Mew are the ONLY Pokeball summons to reprise that same role in all 4 smash games.

The ONLY thing that gave Meowth an edge is the anime.

He's not requested, and if he was going to get in, it'd be when other Gen 1 Pokemon did. Sakurai has clearly chosen against Meowth and there's nothing on the horizon to make him change his mind.

Want: 10%

I could list a few dozen Pokemon I'd want to see first. The only thing he has for appeal is some coin & gold attacks, and I'd far prefer to see it in Anna.

Edit: For you saying he was planned for 64...

"Meowth was probably not planned for Smash 64. I found no reference in any of the e-mail responses, despite claims that he was scrapped in favor of Jigglypuff. People tend to forget that Jigglypuff was popular due to her role in the anime at the time." - Pushdustin
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Meowth

Owain prediction: 1%
SMT prediction: 2%

Nominations: Azura x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
MEOWTH
CHANCE: 2.32%
Want: 39.69%
Next up we're rating Owain from Fire Emblem and the concept of a Shin Megami Tensei character. Also please predict what ratings Karate Joe and Crono will get tomorrow.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Meowth
Chance: .1%

Owain Prediction: .78%
SMT Character Prediction: 6.56%

Nominations:
Shy Guy x5

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
No wai: DOUBLE ZEROES

An unimportant and optional character from a game that already got two characters, and there's a new game coming up that will likely produce any future Fire Emblem smashers, and the series has plenty of characters and a lot of people don't want to see any more, and even if we ignore both of these there are still several more options for the series whose inclusion in Smash would actually make a little sense. I'm sorry but I'm not even hesitating to give him a 0% chance, he's never happening.

As for want, he has no reason to be in the roster and I don't even think he's that great of a character.

SMT, noms, and predictions coming later.

@ CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica wins the extra five by the way.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Owain

Optional minor FE13 character who's a swordsman.

Want: 5%
Only for his battle cries.

SMT character

Chance: 10%
They're a fairly significant series with the recent FE crossover and SMT4 being a big 3DS seller. Being owned by SEGA could open the doors for them like Ryu & Megaman by two branches of Capcom.

HEE HO MOFOS.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shin Megami Tensei Representative

Even with the upcoming crossover with Fire Emblem, I doubt this will happen unless if one SMT character's ballot support skyrockets.

I'm interested in this concept.

Owain

Chance and Want: Double Zeroes

Speaking of zero...

MMX4ZeroRate.png

Prediction:

Karate Joe - 10%

Crono - 1%

Nomination: Snake x5

Last edited by a moderator:

JBRPG