• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
There's also some franchises I don't think needs more than 3 reps. Both Starfox and Kirby are perfect at 3 reps and I don't think they need any more. Same for Metroid if Ridley ever eventually happens.

The only franchises with tons of reps I can understand is Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and Fire Emblem. Even DK shouldn't go above 4 reps. (Dixie and K Rool)
There is no such thing as "reps" my friend. If this was 01' you'd be right. But post sakurai leave HAL has been pushing dee more than you could even imagine, kirby is not "perfect" when kirbys friend/wingman hasn't been included yet. (Same goes for krystal, but im not gonna write another mini paragraph)

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
We are talking in terms of Star Fox DLC characters for Smash Bros. If I was speaking in a broader sense, yes, Wolf could technically not be considered as a "frontrunner". But I'm not speaking in a broader sense :p
The point was I think @BluePikmin11 was speaking in a broader sense. I know it's easy to say that I'm speaking in a broader sense too because I mentioned whether or not Wolf was a front-runner in pre-Melee, but that's just how we had to measure these things pre-DLC. Now with DLC, the "race" is much more dynamic. We don't just see a front-runner in popularity maintain a relatively static placing until the next Smash. With each new DLC character added, the race changes. Wolf is a front-runner now. If he was included, the character with the most requests from the Star Fox franchise would be Krystal. She'd then be a front-runner for inclusion in her franchise. It's how you measure her against other characters that aren't yet included that defines her role as a "race leader".

This is fairly semantical however, since I'm calling her a front-runner using specific criteria and she could easily be called a "runner-up" too. She can be a "front-runner" among other unconfirmed characters but a runner up in the grand scheme of things because of the other "once front-runners" that have already crossed this metaphorical finish line. I think the whole dynamic of this DLC thing has made it easier to feel like we can measure who's coming in "first, second, third" whereas the races for inclusion with Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4 are treated as entirely different races.... even though you could claim that the winners of the "Melee race" or the "Brawl race" were just racers that crossed the finish line years ahead of all the current racers.

Got carried away with the analogy a bit, heh. I do enjoy speaking in analogies.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
KRYSTAL:
CHANCE: 10%
WANT: 15%

Well, if the Roy-Ryu files are true, that's very helpful for Krystal, because if Fire Emblem can get another character, I don't see why Star Fox cannot, even taking Wolf into account. That said, Roy was THE most popular character request in Japan and a clone, which might be the actual reason why he was picked to return, while Krystal will likely be original and isn't that requested. It also doesn't help that she has been missing in action for nearly a decade now. While she's unconfirmed to appear in Star Fox U at the moment, if she is in that game, I'll change my ratings accordingly.

As for want, I'm not really keen on her joining the roster. The only Star Fox game I've played is 64, and Krystal wasn't in it, so I'm rather unfamiliar with the character.

DIXIE KONG PREDICTION: 50%

NOMINATIONS: IVYSAUR × 5

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
KRYSTAL:
CHANCE: 10%
WANT: [COLOR]=RED]15%[/COLOR]

Well, if the Roy-Ryu files are true, that's very helpful for Krystal, because if Fire Emblem can get another character, I don't see why Star Fox cannot, even taking Wolf into account. That said, Roy was THE most popular character request in Japan and a clone, which might be the actual reason why he was picked to return, while Krystal will likely be original and isn't that requested. It also doesn't help that she has been missing in action for nearly a decade now. While she's unconfirmed to appear in Star Fox U at the moment, if she is in that game, I'll change my ratings accordingly.

As for want, I'm not really keen on her joining the roster. The only Star Fox game I've played is 64, and Krystal wasn't in it, so I'm rather unfamiliar with the character.

DIXIE KONG PREDICTION: 50%

NOMINATIONS: IVYSAUR × 5

That's quite understandable. I can quite see this as the case. That's why I am waiting for more footage on Star Fox for Wii U to decide her fate to be honest.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Karen Kathleen Krystal
Chance: Would be hypocritical if I abstained from chances every day until now but gave Krystal a bad rating right?

Want: 0%
Just never played a SF game, do not see moveset potential in the kinda bland powers the staff has.
(You have someone to bite until they have rabies Krystallize, so go ahead!)

I just do not care, no hate, but no love either. (Yet)

EDIT:

I have said Kong: 40%
Frontrunner Popular choice

Magolor x5

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Krystal:

Chances: 25%
Want: 0%

She is a strong female character, but since Wolf is a cut veteran (with a cracking theme song to boot!) who is highly requested, then I could definitely see Wolf getting in over her.

Wolf with make sure that playtime's over for her!

Dixie Kong: 50%
Want: 90%

She has as much chance as Daisy getting in (they are both Smash Tour item trophies and have palette swaps of Diddy and Peach respectively)

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Krystal chances: 8.8%
While Krystal has a noticeable fan support and is a relatively iconic figure of the Starfox series, I believe the recent Starfox titles weren't as well received as the SNES and N64 ones, which I think could considerably hold her back, and I'm not sure fan support is overwhelming enough to make her really stand out in this aspect like K. Rool.

I don't think Wolf is an obstacle to her, I fully believe he will come back anyway and I doubt Sakurai will choose to not add Krystal for the sake of "not adding too much Starfox", and he will only judge her for her own merits, if both Rosalina + Bowser Jr. (and even possibly Mega Man + Ryu) are any indication.

Krystal want: 10%
I'm not deeply interested in the character, and a magic staff user in a sci-fi universe feels... kinda out of place if you ask me >_> however I find the current Starfox cast to overlap quite a lot concept-wise (not saying Falco and Wolf are worthless clones, I admit they play and feel different from Fox but I'm not really thrilled by "derivative" characters) and I'm wouldn't be opposed to the idea of a non-Fox derivative Starfox newcomer.

(Insert 75% of original want score cut because no custom moves for Mewtwo rant here)

Dixie Kong prediction: 56.14%
I have no doubt she will do well, but I have a feeling she will not do as well as K. Rool. Which is ironic considering only a few weeks ago everyone, I mean everyone thought she was the frontrunner because "muhrelevance", isn't it? :rolleyes:

Nominating:
Concept: DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo through patching) x5

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Krystal

Chance: 25%
Krystal is a very divisive character. Those who love her REALLY love her, and those who hate her absolutely despise her.
After Wolf, who frankly is looking incredibly likely at this point, Krystal is the front runner of Star Fox. Sakurai has been stated to be a fan, and there IS a new Star Fox coming out(although at current I'm unsure if Krystal is appearing in it).

She has unique moveset potential, putting her ahead of many of her Starfox co-stars, and mostly due to the friction she causes on the net(easy now) she's probably one of the better known female Nintendo stars not currently in, probably only exceeded in fame and popularity by Dixie Kong, and Daisy(because of how big Mario is).

I could see it happening, but I think we're less likely to see her for DLC if Starfox is rebooting. Which honestly I'm not sure if it is or if it's a sequel. Or a prequel.

Want: 50%
I'm ashamed to admit that considering Krystal is such a highly divisive character, I couldn't be more neutral about her.
I see her pros and I certainly am not against her inclusion, but I also am not particular pumped for her. If she gets in, good, if she doesn't, we'll probably have Wolf anyway.

Dixie Kong Prediction: 40.1%
Everyone's on the King K. Rool train. I see this affecting her score a bit.

NOMINATIONS:
Impa X 5

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Hoo boy. This one's gonna be controversial.

--
Krystal

Chance: 55%
Seems like Krystal can't get brought up anywhere without controversy following. Her first appearance was a radical departure for the series (even though it was designed to be a gaiden game all along), and the two Star Fox games that came out afterward are considered kind of...lacking. Some of the fanbase associates her with the series' dip in quality, some dislike how undue of a focus she has in Star Fox Command, while others outside the fanbase loathe her for a different fandom she's associated with, ironically ignoring how nearly every other character in the series also falls under them. Merely mentioning her in some places is enough to incur the commenters' wrath.

And then there's the whole fact that Wolf is considered a near-lock to return already. Lucas is already confirmed, and with a new Star Fox game on the horizon, it'd be the perfect opportunity to make a "look who's relevant again" reveal. Consensus seems to be that the developers wouldn't bother with a second Star Fox character, regardless of if it's actually true.

Krystal has mixed reception, a loud hatebase, a character from her own series likely to get the nod first...and yet, she may have one of the highest chances of any newcomer. In fact, I think she's the fourth most likely DLC character.

I get around the Internet pretty well, I've seen quite a few unofficial polls, and I've noticed something: Krystal has deceptively high fan support. In nearly every one of the aforementioned polls, she ranked among the top 5 newcomers...and the ones where she didn't came from sites with a history of being...nostalgic. Her supporters just have a way of lying low and not saying much. After all, why would you when openly supporting her for Smash in some places is like waving a sign that says "I am an acceptable target"?

Meanwhile, the loudness of Krystal's detractors masks how few of them there are. Vocal minorities creep into every fanbase, and Krystal has some particularly loud ones loathe her for "ruining" the series, making her a scapegoat for it not living up to their idealized version of how it used to be. Again, though, there're fewer of them than they make it seem, they're greatly outnumbered by her supporters and those who have no strong feelings one way or the other, and they can't take votes away from her, now can they?

There's still the problem of Wolf blocking her way, though...or is there? Even despite Wolf, Krystal is (reportedly) still getting a lot of ballot votes from her supporters and from Star Fox fans who believe Wolf is already a lock. It's also worth remembering that the developers do not think in terms of "repping" a series, so one Star Fox character being DLC wouldn't rule out another one. In fact, for all the fanbase treats it as a rule, it's been broken repeatedly over the course of Smash Bros. Even the argument that Star Fox will only have six games may not be important going off Smash history: The Legend of Zelda had five characters in Melee--with four newcomers--despite only having seven games at the time (And you could argue that the Oracle games count as two parts of one story, lowering it to six!). In Brawl, Pokémon gained four characters, something that would've had people cry "over-repped" nowadays despite how big a series it is. And speaking of nowadays, remember how everyone said Fire Emblem couldn't possibly get two newcomers (granted, one started as an alt)? Remember how people cried foul about the Mario series getting two new characters when it already had so many?

But the likely reason Rosalina and Bowser Jr. both got in is also the reason Krystal has a legitimate chance: both of them had too much potential and too intriguing of concepts to pass up. That's the key detail here: Krystal has uniqueness and moveset potential in spades. We've seen a willingness from the dev team to use older assets for movesets--they changed Kirby's dash attack in Brawl to a move from the Yo-Yo ability, which hadn't seen light since 1996, the Bowser Bomb goes all the way back to Super Mario Bros. 3, and Robin's Arcfire animation is straight from the GBA Fire Emblem games--meaning her staff from Adventures is in play, especially since most of her supporters are requesting she use it specifically for the moveset potential it gives her. Where Wolf's moveset is loosely derived from the one Fox uses, and where Falco is still a semi-clone, Krystal would be the first fully unique Star Fox character since Fox himself. In place of blasters, air-dashes, and reflectors, Krystal could be only the second staff-wielder Smash has had--and with a battlestaff that plays vastly different from Palutena's scepter--and with its innate abilities to shoot small bursts of fire, spray freezing mist, create seismic shockwaves, propel its wielder into the sky, surround them with a magic barrier...all combining for something the roster doesn't yet have, and so tailor-made for Smash that I'm willing to bet you just thought of how at least a couple of them would work as you're reading this.

But her moveset potential doesn't stop there: if needed, Krystal could also pull from Star Fox Assault's arsenal. There's a pretty good variety there, so much of it completely untouched by Fox, Falco, and presumably Wolf if the lack of changes to Mewtwo and Lucas are anything to go by. Though the staff immediately makes her unique, she doesn't need to rely on it to do so!

There's a third option, though, and it might be the most intriguing: a combination of the previous two. With a mix of staff techniques and spells and the high-tech weapons from the modern Star Fox games, she could bring a mix of magic and technology that no other character could match. Her moveset potential is among the highest of any DLC candidate, rivaling even Isaac and K. Rool, and if Sakurai's interview last July is anything to go by, it's the biggest thing the dev team looks for in a newcomer.

A character with massive moveset potential from an up-and-coming series, whose biggest draw is representing said series in a way its other characters don't, but who is considered to have no chance because a less unique character from the same series is "more deserving"? Sounds an awful lot like a certain tactician...

Want: 100%
Would I have written that entire essay if I didn't want her in Smash so badly? She has the uniqueness factor, she has so many possible awesome movesets, and she could be another battlemage. As of right now, she's my single most wanted DLC character...well, technically tied with a couple longshots who almost surely won't make the cut.

Even with whatever doubts or concerns you may have, if Krystal gets in, she'll be worth it.

Jump to what conclusions you may. I get interested in characters for their moveset potential, remember?

Dixie Kong Prediction: 31.75%
She certainly has an argument...but one obvious problem and one not-so-obvious one could hold her back.

Nominations: Sceptile x5

Oh, and to those of you playing the furbait card? You realize the same card applies to Wolf, right? You realize Rule 34 applies to everyone on the roster, not just the ones you handpick? And if they were concerned about a character being too sexualized, it certainly didn't stop them from giving Zero Suit Samus two costumes with her in a tank top and gym shorts, giving Shulk a swimsuit costume, or giving Palutena a taunt where she imitates a stripper.
Nice assessment Delzethin. You really addressed stuff more pointedly than I did, and I'm glad.

Also, your music choice didn't disappoint. It's exactly what I figured it would be, but I was also thinking it could be this, heh....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ox5jG3MqFM

The music in Assault was really great. Say what you will about the game itself but the music was pretty amazing, not that you'd say anything negative. I really enjoyed that game quite frankly.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Krystal 60%

Some people seem to forget that we can get Wolf AND Krystal, we're also getting a new Star Fox game soon so it wouldn't surprise me, people saying that we're not getting Krystal because Wolf who is a Semi clone it's just not reasonable

Want 70%

I voted for her despite the fact that I never played a Star Fox game in my life, she would have a unique moveset unlike other Star Fox characters -.-

Dixie Kong: She is the most likely DK newcomer after King K Rool 40%

Rayman x 1
Shantae x 1
Inkling x 1
Daisy x 1
Magolor x 1

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Krystal
Chance 20%...?
well with wolf hogging the star fox spotlight it really lowered her chances

Want 10%
i got a feeling she might get the clone treatment but I don't know much about her too but hey I would still play as her

Nomination:
Django (Boktai) x3
Quote x2

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Krystal

Chance - 37.5% - At this point I'm fairly certain Wolf is locked in, but will Star Fox get another? Sakurai could say that he's done with Star Fox after Wolf, and due to being so divisive of a character she might be heavily reconsidered. Depending on if she's in the next game or not, this could be her last stand.

Want - 40% - Eh. Never played a Star Fox game. Looking at her move set-wise I don't find her all that interesting. I would truly and unironically would prefer Slippy Toad over her... you may now hang me.

Woo, extra nominations!

New Guidance Conversations X10

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Krystal
Chance: 30%
I could imagine this. Also if FE has 5 reps SF can get 4
Oh wait Sakurai...

Want: 75%: I want her because she is not from Fire Emblem

Dixie prediction: 52%

nominations: Andy (Advance Wars) x5

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Chance 50%
Krystal is a weird character. Krystal has a huge American fanbase, yet a relatively small Japanese one in comparison. This ultimately did leave her to be rejected from Brawl, when her support was the greatest and loudest. However, with the ballot in place, Krystal now has a chance for that fanbase to shine. Krystal could be an interesting Star Fox Character, avoiding the series norms. I think we would get a heavy alteration of Fox Specials though, even more extreme then Wolf. However, Krystal does suffer from a lack of Japanese popularity. Yet, I still think that out of several DLC choices, Krystal due to her large and vocal fanbase hs a decent shot.

Want 10%
...Yet I don't support the character. I see the merits, and the huge fanbase, yet that does not mean I support. In all honesty, there are several things I would want to get DLC before Kyrstal (Veterans, Chorus Men, Inklings, K Rool, Isaac, etc). The 10% is mainly sympathy for a devoted fanbase.

Nominating Inkling x5

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Krystal:
Chance: 20%
We're definitely seeing Wolf before seeing Krystal in Smash, and this really hurts her chances. I think we're getting Wolf back to promote Star Fox Wii U and Krystal will be forgotten.

Want: 25%
Don't really like her character, and my favorite Star Fox games were those from before her debut.

Dixie Prediction: 48%

Nominations:
Sceptile x5

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Krystal

Chance: 30% (She seems to be very popular in Japan, which could make all the difference. On the other hand she has to get past Wolf...and even though she's probably more popular than him in Japan, he is a veteran.)

Want: 65% (My want isn't as strong as it was back in the Brawl days but I still like the idea of having her as a playable character. I'm more interested in a moveset based off Starfox Adventures than anything she could do with guns or technology. I would rather play as Krystal than Wolf.)

Nominations:
Inkling x2
Bayonetta x2
Chibi Robo x1

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Krystal:
Chance:20%
She has popularity, moveset potential, and female genders. So I can say that she's definately more likely than most of the other characters.
Buuuuuut...We need Wolf. And I really can't see two StarFox DLC characters. If it happens won't be mad.

Want:5%
As you can tell by the really short discription above, I don't really care for her. I want Wolf more than any other Star Fox character, and even after that I want Slippy more than Krystal. Threw in the 5% because female.

Dixie predictions:35%
Thinks she'll fare good enough despite being in competition with K.Rool.

Nominate: Ray(Custom Robo) x5

ITT furry hate lol. way to be stereotypical

Krystal meth
chance -- 10% If We knew Krystal definitely had a role in the new Star fox game she would be higher, but with her role unknown I cant put her any higher.

She has to go through wolf first as everyone knows and honestly I dont know if Star Fox can get 2 DLC chracters. I do see Sakurai randomly taking a liking to her so she went up by 5%

Want 15% I love staff/spear users which is the only reason she has a higher score but I have always liked slippy more and I really dont see that much moveset potential and, tbh, every moveset I have seen has been boring. I feel like I actually was nice on this ranking tbh

Dixie predictions (this is chance right?) 47.8% relevance has been important as well as popularity. For now one is proven for each but she was at least planned for brawl.

noms
Wonder red x2
Ridley x2
Viridi x1

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I do find it odd that people are doubting that Krystal will be in Star Fox U.

I mean, she's a very popular Star Fox character, and is the only female member of the team. Why wouldn't they bring her back?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I mean, she's a very popular Star Fox character, and is the only female member of the team. Why wouldn't they bring her back?
Moreso because it's not a guarantee...and that there hasn't been actual confirmation yet, her chances are very high that she'll be in the game...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Moreso because it's not a guarantee...and that there hasn't been actual confirmation yet, her chances are very high that she'll be in the game...
Understandable, I guess, but I'd just assume she's in the game, just like I'd assume that Peppy and Slippy are, rather than changing my score at all because of it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Understandable, I guess, but I'd just assume she's in the game, just like I'd assume that Peppy and Slippy are, rather than changing my score at all because of it.
at the same time Falco was absent for most of Adventures...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As mentioned, Krystal returning is not a definite guarantee as we dunno what Miyamoto thinks about Krystal. From the looks of it, with Wolf being a villain in that game, it seems to be a reboot of the series, which kinda hurts Krystal.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Krystal

Chance:
If she appears in SF Wii U: 50%
If she doesn't: 15%

As it stands now all she has going for her is above average popularity, which isn't unimportant, but if she shows up in SF Wii U then she'll have much much more, and for whatever it's worth, recency.

Want: 66%
The other character I've been supporting since pre-Brawl.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Same reason they didn't bring back Diddy in Jungle Beat. EAD likes what EAD makes.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
We are talking in terms of Star Fox DLC characters for Smash Bros. If I was speaking in a broader sense, yes, Wolf could technically not be considered as a "frontrunner". But I'm not speaking in a broader sense :p
I think he was speaking in terms of Wolf already being ready to be put into the game by Nintendo, so he no longer is in the running because it's already been decided. After Mewtwo was official nobody considered Mewtwo a frontrunner because he was already decided and sceptile/blaziken/hawlucha became frontrunners.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Krystal
Our DLC Star Fox character will more than likely be Wolf. The question is whether or not we'll see another Star Fox DLC character. I have my doubts that any given franchise in Smash will get more than 1 DLC character. Star Fox is a franchise where I could see more than a single DLC character happen, but I'm still not expecting it. She would have to play a large role in Star Fox for Wii U, and she would probably be a ballot character. Even then I think she would be more likely to get added in Smash 5 if Star Fox becomes a consistent and relevant franchise again. I'll give Star Fox's telepathic recruit about 20%.
The possibility is there, but a few hurdles still stand in the way...

Want: 45%
I'm not an active supporter of Krystal, but I have played Adventures and Assault (Yes, I actually enjoyed them). I wouldn't be at all opposed to her inclusion as I can see her being an interesting and diverse character. I just wouldn't really care if Sakurai passed on her for this round.

Prediction - Dixie Kong: 61.8%

Nominations:
x3 Toon Zelda
x2 Tetra

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Krystal
Chances: 20%
Wolf is an easier option, and to this moments, the DLC are just Ex-characters (1 clone) with little change in their movesets.

Want: 65%
I Like StarFox, and I want another kind of gameplay, and she with a staff could do it. I preffer an unlikely characther with a new gameplay than a clone.

Dixie:
Prediction: 50%
K.rool has the advantage, but Dixie deserves a chance too

Nominations:
Bub/Bob 1x
Rayman 1x
Daisy 1x
Inklings 2x

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Krystal

Chance - 45%:
Since the Brawl speculation era on, Krystal has remained one of the most prevalent requests I've seen in the fanbase. I would even say that she's one league below in power than the echelon of King K. Rool or Ridley. I think her divisive appeal plays a huge role in this. Krystal is to StarFox as Tingle is to Zelda. Both characters have a hatedom built around them (including regional power). Krystal comes in from a rough place, where some fans see her as the product of the subpar legacy of a once-great series, whilst others grew warm to her clashing archetypical role amongst the lot of Han Solo space furries (or feather-ies or scale-ies.)

With the advent of Lucas's revival, I'd say Wolf is almost certain for a comeback at this point. While this doesn't mean Krystal can't be added after Wolf, as redundant as it might seem, I think her fan morale will be hampered enough by this that her request volume will diminish. There, how do you like your "repping" theory now?

A brief anecdote, being a female character does not qualify your merits over other characters. Same goes for villains. Both are arbitrary representation voids that are second to a character's uniqueness and plausibility of concept (AKA people being excited to play a character) that result from repping theory. I mean, I understand wanting to equalize certain types of characters and how it makes them stand out. But saying that it increases odds is stupid. Hate to break it to ya, but Smash Bros. does not conform to affirmative action.

As for the uniqueness provided from her roles, Krystal already has it in spades. Smash Bros. doesn't have a staff-wielder. Yet alone one that already has several magical abilities for special fodder. Even some of the weapons from Assault could be weaved into her moveset. I can see her recovery involving the pterodactyl from the opening of Adventures, which would be a nice way to cameo from her game of origin.

Want - 20%: I guess you can say I don't have an attachment to the StarFox series enough to want her over other characters. Otherwise, there are much more characters I would like to see over Krystal by fathoms worth of importance to me. With Lucas's return, I think it's fair that Wolf returns too, especially given how they were essentially reduced to custom moves.

Otherwise, if we don't get her through the Fighter Ballot, she definitely will have a better chance of being playable in the inevitable SSB5, StarFox U pushing her forth (hopefully.)

PREDICTION

Dixie Kong

Chance - 75.5%
Want - 90.5%

NOMINATIONS

Galacta Knight x2
Concept: No DLC Characters After Fighter Ballot x2
Shovel Knight x1

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Krystal
Chances: 20%
Wolf is an easier option, and to this moments, the DLC are just Ex-characters (1 clone) with little change in their movesets.

Want: 65%
I Like StarFox, and I want another kind of gameplay, and she with a staff could do it. I preffer an unlikely characther with a new gameplay than a clone.

Dixie:
Prediction: 50%
K.rool has the advantage, but Dixie deserves a chance too

Nominations:
Bub/Bob 1x
Rayman 1x
Daisy 1x
Inklings 2x
So, who's the clone you're taking about?

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Krystal

Chances: 20-30%

Reasons: Krystal is in my top 5 choices for the next smash or as a dlc character. I fell in love with the idea of a moveset with her staff long ago. We can use a fighter who possesses lots of variety. She may not be as popular as Wolf, but it doesn't mean she won't get in for the future. Krystal has arguably the more interesting character and I think if more fans wanted her, she would be a shoe in for smash. There are numerous Krystal videos taking ideas from Fox's staff moves in adventures. The staff is her's but keep in mind that she drops it in the ocean at the beginning of the game and isn't seen for a long time. Krystal SHOULD NOT be using any guns and the only way to make her unique would be through her staff. Rocket jump, freeze, calling tricky, quake, fire, etc. The possibilities are endless. If Krystal appears in Star Fox U, she is pretty much guaranteed to get in.

Nominations: Didn't I already do this?

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Krystal Chance: 10%
Wolf is far more likely, and the chances of seeing both of them are almost zero if you ask me. She has some popularity, but she also has a fair share of people who really dislike her. Star Fox is getting a new game, and if she's in it (which I kinda doubt to be honest) her chances will definitely increase, but as of right now, Wolf is a huge block in her path

Want: 2%
Would much prefer Wolf tbh. Antagonists are much more needed in this game than supporting characters/female characters, the later of which we got a bunch of in this game. I feel like a lot of people vote for her just because she's a female fighter/uses a staff, rather than because they genuinely like her as a character. All the "we need more female fighters" talk just makes me feel like I'm browsing Tumblr. But I digress, I don't like the character. I won't be upset if she gets in unlike some characters, but Wolf is a far more desirable option to me

Nominations:
Rhythm Heaven Character x3
Stage Packs (64, Melee, Brawl) x2

Dixie Prediction: 50%

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Okay, quick question to everyone: What % would you guys give for neutral?

I've seen people say they won't mind someone and then giving less than 50%. If 50% isn't considered neutral as I first thought, I'll adjust my % accordingly.

I've seen people say they won't mind someone and then giving less than 50%. If 50% isn't considered neutral as I first thought, I'll adjust my % accordingly.

cant you just like . . .abstain?

I would assume it's 50 but everyone lists percents differently in their heads

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Depends on the day for me.
If everybody gives zeroes, I'm not going to give that char 50% if I don't care. That'd just skew results.

But for such a divisive character as Krystal, 50% seems perfect.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Krystal

I'm not going to be too wordy this time.

Wolf is reportedly the most wanted Star Fox character for DLC. What are the chances that Krystal will "out-vote" Wolf on the ballot? Low. Very low. People tend to want things they once had rather than new things, psychologically speaking. It would probably a similar way vice-versa if Krystal hypothetically made it in over Wolf back in Brawl, with a small variable impact of where she stands as a character in general.

On the other hand, what are the chances of them making two Star Fox characters as DLC for Smash? We don't know. Honestly, we don't even know if they're going to work the Star Fox character DLC for Smash as a promotion for Star Fox Wii U. Will they, or will they not? Again, we don't know. Even if they did want to promote Star Fox Wii U with a Smash Bros. DLC character(s), they don't have to make two of them. One would work to generate an interest value alone, even if it is a veteran (Wolf).

To me, it all hinges on how Nintendo will view the matter. It's difficult to predict how that will work out. Also, we still don't quite know if she's in Star Fox Wii U yet. If she's not in Star Fox Wii U, then there's no need for her as a Smash DLC character to promote the game (Star Fox Wii U) regardless of her association with the Star Fox franchise.

Lots of possibilities. Lots of different ways someone could build her moveset.

Bo staff fighting style / magical abilities (staff) / weapon arsenal from Star Fox: Assault / telepathy.

Mix and match, or emphasize one over another. Yeah, you could botch up her moveset as well, but that's an invalid argument because you could just as easily botch up the moveset of any character.

One a more subjective note, she's my 2nd most wanted character for Smash.

Nominations:
Inklings x 5

Dixie Prediction: 40%

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman

It varies from person to person, there isn't a set standard. Some people see 50% as neutral, but most don't.

Me and many other people use a scale similar to this
0% - Absolutely not
25% - Indifferent
50% - I can go for this
75% - Yes Please
100% - Absolutely

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium

For me I like to decide whether or not I'm neutral on a character's inclusion, then sort of compare that character to the characters that I actually want. I then figure how neutral I am to said character's inclusion per se if that makes any sense...

Top Bottom