• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Chance: 20%

She definitely has some solid support for Smash Bros, and it makes sense considering she has appeared in every Fire Emblem game since its debut, not to mention that her addition would help boost the number of female fighters on the roster. However, with the recent news that Roy may very well be returning to Smash Bros, Anna's inclusion means we would be seeing a total of 6 Fire Emblem representatives. Although Fire Emblem is a fantastic video game series in my honest opinion, I don't think it's the kind of franchise that deserves more than 5 reps at the Smash roster's current size. I feel as though Roy would be the final Fire Emblem addition to the roster, and that will be it. True, Sakurai does seem to have a strong bias towards the Fire Emblem series, but I'm sure he's realized it's not the series that's going to have 8 reps in the end compared to Mario and Pokemon, where those two series, in Sakurai's eyes, deserved more than 5 reps because of their sheer popularity over the past few years.

Want: 25%

Anna would definitely make an interesting Fire Emblem addition to the roster. I mean, a shop vendor who just so happens to be a good swordsman? Pretty neat. However, she isn't my favorite Fire Emblem character out there, and she isn't the Fire Emblem rep I want to see join the roster. Chrom was one of my most wanted characters to join Smash back then, but too bad he's been reduced to being Robin's final smash. Even to this day, I still wish Chrom joined the roster and sometimes wish he would pop up as DLC. I can name a few other Fire Emblem characters who I'd want to see join Smash Bros aside from Anna to prove she's not I top pick for me.

Nominations:

Jean Descole (Professor Layton): x4
Gallade (Pokemon): x1

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Anna
Chance: 8%
Probably not since Roy is most likely getting added soon, but if Sakurai is also looking for a new Fire Emblem character to go along with Roy she's a somewhat likely pick. I'll give Fire Emblem's merchant a verdict of 8%.
I wonder how many Fire Emblem characters are too many...

Want: 25%
Her inclusion wouldn't really bother me. That said I wouldn't be bothered if she wasn't included either.

Prediction - B. B. Bandit Trio: 2.3%

Nominations:
x3 !Rerate: Inklings
x2 Tails the Fox

D

Deleted member

Do you guys really believe in too many fighters for one series? Really though, i'm sure if your the director of some sorts, you would just want the best of 1 series in no matter what! Screw limits!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm very sure the fans getting pissed off by the numbers of characters matters...

Do you guys really believe in too many fighters for one series? Really though, i'm sure if your the director of some sorts, you would just want the best of 1 series in no matter what! Screw limits!
The "reps" mentality is very strong in the smash community. What franchise a character comes from often is more important than the actual character and what they bring to the table. This is most apparent with KI and FE for hate, and DK and metroid for support.

Unfortunate but true. Thankfully with roy on the way it seems like sakurai doesnt care too much for the idea.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Anna
Chance: 1% - Anna is a character who has almost everything imaginable going against her. She's not highly requested, new Fire Emblem If protagonists are on the way, and there's probably already a Fire Emblem DLC character planned named Roy.
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 @JackerX In most cases I'd agree that the number of reps doesn't matter but I'm afraid I'm going to have to draw the line here. I'm starting to see a lot of people getting sick of the amount of overrepresentation Fire Emblem has and that could have an effect on DLC sales.

Want: 70% - I'd welcome her in with open arms.

B. B. Bandit Trio prediction: 1%

Nominations: Jibanyan x5

DAY OVER
SHOP CLOSED

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
The ones who are getting "pissed off" are a vocal minority to the masses who buy into this franchise as it is. There's no way to please everyone to a project that brings in fans from so many series. Characters who get excluded, game modes not being included, certain characters not being changed, other things all get backlash. If one of the biggest issues you can say against a character is "They're from a series who has a large number of characters as is," that really says about matters over why they shouldn't be in...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 @JackerX In most cases I'd agree that the number of reps doesn't matter but I'm afraid I'm going to have to draw the line here. I'm starting to see a lot of people getting sick of the amount of overrepresentation Fire Emblem has and that could have an effect on DLC sales.
Yeah, Sakurai probably doesn't care how the community will react, he didn't care when he added Dark Pit and Dr. Mario as characters.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yeah, Sakurai probably doesn't care how the community will react, he didn't care when he added Dark Pit and Dr. Mario as characters.
Because he viewed them as 'bonus' characters but you still see how vocal the community was by adding more clones into the mix...also when it comes to DLC it's a different story than adding characters for the lulz...

The ones who are getting "pissed off" are a vocal minority to the masses who buy into this franchise as it is. There's no way to please everyone to a project that brings in fans from so many series. Characters who get excluded, game modes not being included, certain characters not being changed, other things all get backlash. If one of the biggest issues you can say against a character is "They're from a series who has a large number of characters as is," that really says about matters over why they shouldn't be in...
You're assuming that everyone vocal are the only ones that get 'pissed off'...When you consider the fanbases of franchises like DK and Zelda and compare them to the fanbases of Fire Emblem they are clearly not a minority...

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai misjudged how people would see the 'bonus characters'. He does care, he just makes mistakes.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm very sure the fans getting pissed off by the numbers of characters matters...
This, we forgot that the Smash fanbase is definitely starting to outclass the Sonic fanbase in terms of being controversial. This is fairly obvious if you look at things like speculation fights, disagreements with Sakurai's decisions, the competitive vs. casual debates, and many other fandom fallacies.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
ANNA
CHANCE: 5.77%
WANT: 34.52%
Anna failed to make a profit on this deal. Next up we're rating the Fossil Fighter's very own B. B. Bandit Trio. Also please predict what score Young Link will get tomorrow.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Here's the thing, representation probably matters when he's developing a whole roster and a whole game with time constraints on the line. With DLC, he doesn't have to worry about representation anymore and can add pretty much any character from an established franchise without having to worry about representation.

Because he viewed them as 'bonus' characters but you still see how vocal the community was by adding more clones into the mix...also when it comes to DLC it's a different story than adding characters for the lulz...
Yeah, Sakurai doesn't really care, because in the end, it's his decision and he's not going to look at the internet and Smashboards to see which characters will get a bad reaction.

Young Link Prediction:
12.312%

Nominations:
x10 Jibanyan

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
ANNA
Anna failed to make a profit on this deal. Next up we're rating the Fossil Fighter's very own B. B. Bandit Trio. Also please predict what score Young Link will get tomorrow.
Double Day for Young Link or no?

Burruni

Smash Hero
ANNA
Chance: 1%
I rarely would give characters points this low but when you're the antagonist of a series that I don't think has been recognized in Smash yet with a single trophy or song, I would really doubt your chances.
The series lacks the mass popularity and impact by itself to make a huge dent in DLC and even then we'll far more likely get the protagonists... "Fossil Hunter + T-Rex" akin to Pokemon Trainer but with only 1 massive pokemon.

Want: 5%
Seem like they could be a kinda unique moveset but I know nothing about them other than their origin and honestly they don't seem like they really fit Smash tradition.

Sorry but this is a harsher push for me.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Here's the thing, representation probably matters when he's developing a whole roster and a whole game with time constraints on the line. With DLC, he doesn't have to worry about representation anymore and can add pretty much any character from an established franchise without having to worry about representation.

Yeah, Sakurai doesn't really care, because in the end, it's his decision and he's not going to look at the internet and Smashboards to see which characters will get a bad reaction.

Young Link Prediction:
12.312%

Nominations:
x5 Jibanyan

On the contrary, you could also say since it's DLC he's more likely to spread the love among reps from different series and not double dip. While the vast majority of us Smash speculators are going to buy whatever character is thrown at us, your average, every day consumer who isn't an enthusiast of spending money on gaming might say, "Well, I already bought a Fire Emblem character and I hardly know that series anyway."

I think it's very unlikely that even a series that has a reputation for being snubbed (Donkey Kong) is going to get more than a single rep for DLC. Either one of us could be right though. :bee:

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
B. B. Bandit Trio
Adding these guys would be Like adding Team Rocket before Pikachu, not to mention three characters in 1.
Want: 0% Not interested, I would much rather the superior villainous trio
err, Wobbuffet can be a counter

Nominate R.O.B. eye bug fix x5

Prediction Young Link 23%

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
B.B Bandit Trio:

Chance and Want: Abstained.

This is the first time I ever heard of them.

Prediction:

Young Link: 15.67%

Nominate

Lloyd Irving x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Double Day for Young Link or no?
I honestly put a lot of thought into it and decided against it. I see Young Link as the same character regardless of whether he uses a cloned move set or not. If any of you guys want to put up two ratings for him tomorrow that's fine. I'll just combine the two chance ratings and average out the want ratings.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
B.B. Bandit Trio
Double ZEROES for Chance and Want

Fossil Fighters is AWESOME and deserves more love and attention.
It is an extremely, extremely niche series, however. and in no way, shape, or form should it get any representative that is not the player protagonist (i.e., the Pokemon Trainer) and/or a T-Rex Vivosaur (i.e., the Pikachu). Anyone who compares this to getting anti-heroes Team Rocket in before them is absolutely right.

predict - 9%

nominate - Medusa x3, Hades x2

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh look, it's Not Team Rocket! Might as well get this over in a heartbeat.

B.B Bandit Trio

If these guys are anything from their appearance, they are supposedly the Terrible Trio of the Fossil Fighters games and boy this is going to be a doozy. The games themselves are decently popular, yes. But the same can't be said for these clowns since there's not much you can do with them other than being another Pokemon Trainer and we all knew how that went. These guys are a trio which is something that would be a programing nightmare for the 3DS version and aren't that popular unless you are a Fossil Fighter fan. Speaking of a popular, these guys don;t have any ballot support at all and it would be even better if a dinosaur or the Fossil Hero is chosen in the end. But again, the games failed to truly take off despite being seen as Nintendo's "secondary Pokemon".

Want: 1%

Forget these wannabe Team Rocket guys, I want the mother****ing T-Rex Vivosaur instead. The game is seriously lacking in dinosaur and we need more of them instead of that green thing called Yoshi.

Young Link Prediction: 15%

Nomination: Takamaru x5 #SlashtheVote

Last edited:
Blatantly bad trio
chance 0
Not even the main character from a series that to my knowledge only has a single trophy which isnt even the character we are rating.

Probably has amassed a whopping 2 votes so far. Both of which are from the guy who nominated them here.

The o ly way they could have less going for yhem is if they were 3rd party.

Want 0%
See above.

Prediction 22%

Noms viridi 4
Nintendoland stage 1

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Bandit Trio:

Where to begin...
-The franchise isn't even recognized in Smash, and protagonists get the first shot
-While the Chorus Kids could easily be a 3-in-one, these guys are a little more human-shaped, and thus more cumbersome
-WHO?!?!? Honestly, If the average Nintendo fan has never heard of them, chances are pretty low.
Want: 0%
MAYBE the franchise could get a song/stage/assist (after all, who doesn't want dinosaurs running around). Then maybe the next iteration of Smash could consider a playable character. I guess the reception was well enough, but it's living in Pokémon's shadow - and that's not likely to go away.
Young Link: 7.2%

Nom: Ghirahim x2, Waluigi x2, Black Shadow x1

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
B B Bandit Trio

Chance and Want: 0%

Like others, not really recognizable without protagonist.

Young Link prediction: 10%

Nomination: Bayonetta x 5

D

Deleted member

B.B. Bandit Trio

A trio of antagonists who lack ballot support AND may have the same technical issues preventing the Ice Climbers and Chorus Men from joining the fray?

Chance and Want:

(Double Zeroes)

I also don't care for them.

Prediction: Young Link - 2.1%

Nomination: Zael x5

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
BLASTING OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIG....wait a sec...

BB Bandit Trio

Chance: 0.1%
These guys are part of an unrepresented franchise...but they are not the main character of the game either...not much else to say really...Quite frankly if an unrepresented franchise gets a playable fighter why would we get the antagonists before the main protagonist? It's like getting Bowser in Smash 64 instead of Mario it makes no sense...and these guys aren't even the icons that the Mario characters are...
I'm not going to give a flat zero (see spoiler) but they are not happening regardless save for some massive Fossil Fighters DLC pack which is very unlikely for an obscure series...

-Not a video game Character (Shrek, Goku, Batman)
-Not featured on any Nintendo platforms (Master Chief, Kratos, Meat Boy)
-Not featured in any Video Games (Me, The Queen of England, Moby ****)
-Already Playable (See Roster)

----

Want: 0.2%
Oh Look! My want score is double my chance score...which isn't saying much...sure they may end up being somewhat unique, but upon my first reaction to them I was like 'Purple Team Rocket with a dog not a cat'...I'm sure I'm not the only one...
Quite frankly if an unrepresented franchise gets a playable fighter why would we get the antagonists before the main protagonist? It's like getting Bowser in Smash 64 instead of Mario it makes no sense...and these guys aren't even the icons that the Mario characters are...
...yes I quoted myself...deal with it...still holds true to my personal want as well as my chance, I'm not familiar with Fossil Fighters but I think it doesn't give a very good impression if the main protagonist is snubbed over secondary characters...

----

Prediction: 5.5%
Young Link
So much for a double day...anyways...he's a veteran so that's in his favour, but he's been literally replaced with pretty much a better version of himself in Brawl, he was most likely considered then upgraded to Toon Link part way through Brawl's development as him and Pichu were the only cut veterans not a part of the F7 (unless their files are still well hidden but I doubt it will stay hidden for this long), also Masked Young Link would be neat with an upgraded moveset, but it probably wouldn't work out too well without transformations...He may get some optimistic ratings but I don't see Young Link happening...

----

Nominations:
Dark Samus x5
Almost there!!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
This is what he said:

It isn't true, so I responded:

I know they aren't the BB Trio, but I'm only correcting him.
Like I said read carefully...you're misunderstanding what the post is saying...these guys are not the main character of a series that has one trophy that isn't even the character we are rating *paraphrasing obviously*

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 you get five more nominations today.

This one I'm just going to do right away.

B.B. Bandit Trio: DOUBLE ZEROES

Fossil Fighters does not yet have a playable character in Smash. I think it's possible, but not too likely, and I can't see these guys getting in over a protagonist or even a vivosaur. They also aren't well known and thus they have little support. And there's potential technical issues. I hate giving out absolutes in chance, but I really don't think this is a possibility.

As for want, I have the original Fossil Fighters. I wouldn't mind a character from the series. but the protagonist should come first.

Young Link prediction: 8.21%

Nominations: Karate Joe x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Gonna have limited time tomorow, so I'm doing it now.

B. B. Bandit Trio

Chance - 0% - I'm almost certain that the first character of each franchise being either the main character or some mascot is some unspoken of rule. They are the true icons of the series, and are the ideal character for showing what the series can do. The Vivosaur T-Rex or a trainer (my bet's on Rex) will be chosen first and foremost. Three characters in one is just icing on the cake, their doomed.

Want - 0% - I'm a bit of a dino fan, but I want some actual dinos, not some knockoff of Team Rocket.

Young Link Prediction - 5.67% - We got Toon Link people, we don't need him again.

Nominations
New Palutena's Guidance Conversations X5

Top Bottom