• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I know all that (I said I played some games with her); but we're talking about her chances among a lot other characters; characters with names way more powerful in the gaming industry. In this aspect, even NAMCO also has plenty of options before KOS-MOS.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
KOS-MOS
Chance: 5%
The game that she originally came from got representative in Smash which is Shulk. Xenoblade is the successor to the Xenosaga franchise. She isn't highly demanded, which seems to be proven almost no one knew of her here. I'm one of those that didn't knew of her before researching her. If Namco really wants to have another charcter like Capcom they'd go for either another retro character or someone from their more modern franchises like Soul Caliber, Tekken, or Tales of, heck I think Klonoa has a much better chance than her. I don't see why Namco isn't getting another charcter when they helped make the damn game, but yet Capcom gets another rep. I mean really Sega and Namco deserves another rep before Capcom. Sega, especially.

Want: Abstain
Like I said, s not getting any noise at all in the ballot. Another retro charcter, Klonoa, Llyod Irving, put in blank Soull Caliber or Tekken character here has better chances for being a second Namco rep. Namco has other big franchises that they can put in Smash over their small ones.

Rhythm Heaven Charcter Prediciton: 25%
I'm probably rating this a bit high, but Sakuarai is a fan of the franchise. After all the Chorus Kids were apparently planned as data was found. Rhythm Heaven has some trophies, an enemy in Smash Run. So this is one of those examples where a franchise does have content but no charcter present. If not the Chorus Kids someone from Rhythm Heaven would make it as DLC, I think Marshall would be a good canidate.

Nominations
x5 DLC Stages (If we can more than likely get music than stages needs to get rated at some point).

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
There isn't much stand-out Namco choices that have stuck with Nintendo for a long time that isn't Pac-Man. The ones I could see happening is Lloyd and Dig Dug, aside from that, not much choices to use really.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
There isn't much stand-out Namco choices that have stuck with Nintendo for a long time that isn't Pac-Man. The ones I could see happening is Lloyd and Dig Dug, aside from that, not much choices to use really.
What about Nightmare and Talim from Soul Calibur, and Kazuya and Heinachi from Tekken, and Yoshimitsu from both
Talim I see has as much chance as Nightmare since she's number 1 on the Soul Calibur popularity poll

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
You said it, Lloyd and Taizo Hori, that's right.. they already are big NAMCO names that is impossible to beat;
Also, Klonoa has some good story with Nintendo too; the Wii remake of Door to Phantomile, the GBA games too (recently re-released at Wii U VC);... Even characters not specifically attached to Nintendo's story could get priority, like Jin Kazama (to make a good match with Ryu's inclusion), etc, etc..

Not against the character itself (I don't like her, but neither I hate), but in a margin of competition with every iconic character over there, she doesn't get much power to fight against. If even Indies are with enough vocal popularity to get high in the polls..

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I honestly don't know much about him, but would Klonoa be a possiblity? I hear his name mentioned alot so I kinda assumed he's plausible, but I'm probably wrong.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
What do they have to offer that Ryu doesn't have? It would just take away Ryu's uniqueness as a character from a fighting game.
That and Klonoa, I never here much about his abilities.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm not here to defend the chances of Lloyd, Taizo, Klonoa or any other NAMCO character.. =P.. I'm not into in any of those series anyway (principally Tekken; .. I always prefered 2D Fighters); .. just saying NAMCO has stronger names before KOS-MOS.

I know that he has some ring that inflates the enemies, which is kinda cool. =P
(I should play more Klonoa someday.., he's charismatic)

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
The first obscure character we have rated :)

Chance: .5%
I still don't think that we are getting any third party characters, Ryu leak be darned. Sure she is a Namco character, but there are also plenty of potential Namco reps.

Want: 90%
She looks like she would be really fun to play as from what I've seen in Project X Zone. Oh yeah, and KOS-MOS said a particularly odd line at the end of Project X Zone, so I decided to do a quick Google search of the series' story. I've seen some pretty weird stuff come out of Japan, but Xenosaga's story is downright bizarre, even more so than a game with dozens of characters spread across 3 different companies. Don't know why that makes me want the character more, but whatever.

Predicting RH rep at 37%
Holy cow I actually won the predictions on Spyro's day!!! :222:
Nominating 6+ dlc characters x9
:201o::201w::201a::201i::201n: x1 (I'll go full force on this once we rate 6+ dlc characters)

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Can we also stop saying a charcter has no moveset potential, as well? Cause this excuse irks me to no end, and people still use it to explain certain charcters when it's been proven so many times that movesets doesn't have to come from a certain game. People said that about the Mii's, Duck Hunt Dog, PacMan, Palutena, Rosalina, think they'll be bland and not exciting and they all had amazing movesets with a gimmick to call their own.

If Sakuarai want to add in charcters like Ryu or Klonoa no doubt he and his team would come up with something that blow everyone's mind once again. And everybody will go into a frenzy again because that is what Sakurai does and Sakuari has pretty much proven he can do whatever the hell he wants with charcters.

Last edited:

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
What do they have to offer that Ryu doesn't have? It would just take away Ryu's uniqueness as a character from a fighting game.
Well, Talim isn't a stock sword user since she uses dual arm blades making her unique, and she's light on her feet
Nightmare has a giant greatsword WITH AN EYEBALL ON IT, He can also use that giant arm to his advantage

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Is she the most recognizable character in that franchise?

What makes Nightmare's sword different that can make for a different play style?
Again, Talim is NUMERO UNO on the Soul Calibur fan charts, and a fan favorite by many
Nightmare's sword is unique as in it can DEVOUR SOULS, and Nightmare is pretty fast for a dude with a lot of armor on his sword can be used for quick, heavy strikes, and like all sword users he can counter attacks, it has also been shown it can shoot/summon lightning bolts from the air, his arm also plays a big role in his attacks as he has a larger than normal grab range with it and he'll have a larger hitbox to compensate for that sword

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
At least it's good to know that we have some dedicated Soul Calibur fans on these boards. Makes me wish that Nightmare's day would come fast since there's a lot that I would have to say about that badass. Soul Calibur Legends and Soul Calibur II & Knuckles Link pretty much seals the deal on their association with Nintendo if we ignore the future subpar games.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Again, Talim is NUMERO UNO on the Soul Calibur fan charts, and a fan favorite by many
Nightmare's sword is unique as in it can DEVOUR SOULS, and Nightmare is pretty fast for a dude with a lot of armor on his sword can be used for quick, heavy strikes, and like all sword users he can counter attacks, it has also been shown it can shoot/summon lightning bolts from the air, his arm also plays a big role in his attacks as he has a larger than normal grab range with it and he'll have a larger hitbox to compensate for that sword
I dunno really, she seems to be the attracting Krystal of the franchise there. :S
You sure about that?

I'll go watch some Nightmare videos to see what makes unique, though I think it's kinda pointless since Sakurai is probably going to not add him since he'll destroy what makes Ryu stand-out as a character.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
I dunno really, she seems to be the attracting Krystal of the franchise there. :S
You sure about that?

I'll go watch some Nightmare videos to see what makes unique, though I think it's kinda pointless since Sakurai is probably going to not add him since he'll destroy what makes Ryu stand-out as a character.
Talim is 12 man

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS
Chance: 4% - ES. Dinah's article was good enough to convince to quadruple my originally planned rating. I am however still very hesitant to give any third-party character a decent rating. Even if we include Ryu in the roster, third-party characters still make up less than 8% of the cast and the competition there is enormous with the likes of the veteran Snake and the already partially represented Rayman among many others. I'm also not convinced she's doing well on the ballot as I've yet to see her appear on any DLC poll including the Japanese one.

Want: 80% - I'd actually love to see her in SSB, she seems like a pretty cool character.

Rhythm Heaven rep prediction: 19%

Nominations: Jibanyan x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Klonoa is not more popular than KOS-MOS. KOS-MOS sits below Pacman and tekken characters. Nothing more and nothing less.
A versatile and charming platform with a friendly character design is way more accessible to a bigger range of public than a JRPG with Anime Characters, that's for sure. This genre is very niche, and hardly a character stands out to be as recognizable as mascots or characters from other genres more accessible like Platform, Action, Racing, Fighting, etc..
Maybe nowadays the image of Klonoa is weakened due on the absence of new titles; but I'm sure he is far more iconic than other humanoid characters that NAMCO Bandai has.

--And calm down, let's not get crazy here to even compare Tekken characters to Pac-Man, lol.. Pac-Man is in a so high tier of recognition, that not even Mario compares. lolol.

Last edited:

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
A versatile and charming platform with a friendly character design is way more accessible to a bigger range of public than a JRPG with Anime Characters, that's for sure. This genre is very niche, and hardly a character stands out to be as recognizable than mascots or characters from other genres more accessible like Platform, Action, Racing, Fighting, etc..
Maybe nowadays the image of Klonoa is weakened due on the absence of new titles; but I'm sure he is far more iconic than other humanoid characters that NAMCO Bandai has.

--And calm down, let's not get crazy here to even compare Tekken characters to Pac-Man, lol.. Pac-Man is in a so high tier of recognition, that not even Mario compares. lolol.
Ya gotta Respect the glorified cheese wheel

D

Deleted member

Maybe in Japan but, in NA people barely know about her and why do people exclude Soul Calibur
Don't quote me on this, but I remember reading somewhere that Xenosaga sold more in NA than in Japan. Not that it really means much, though, as KOS-MOS is still far from a high-tier Namco character in terms of popularity.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Klonoa is not more popular than KOS-MOS. KOS-MOS sits below Pacman and tekken characters. Nothing more and nothing less.
Ok I can understand Tekken characters but have some respect for one of the godfathers of gaming here. Not one of THE godfather of gaming. PacMan is history, and Namcos número uno baby..er..I mean mascot. I get this is a charcter you want, but let's not get butthurt over charcters that's been considered from the beginning and in the game.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
He's only pointing out how big is she requested compared to Pac-Man before he was revealed, she didn't have as big of a hate base as Pac-Man himself.
Maybe so, but PacMan was going to make it in the game anyway. He probably had the priority over other plausible Namco candidates, at least for the initial roster anyway. DLC could be a different story.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I don't think that's the right interpretation of the post; but if it's .. well, is still overstate a bit the popularity of the character in question, imo. Is still a character coming from a niche genre; While Pac-Man is the face of gaming. (a character, in specific)..
At least the vocal requests were bigger (much bigger). .. KOS-MOS isn't even mentioned at fan-polls around, is she?

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS
CHANCE: 4.94%
WANT: 20.34%
KOS-MOS didn't get the most impressive score but she made for an impressive day. Next up we're rating the concept of a rhythm heaven rep. We have a tie in the nominations between Elma and 9-Volt. So vote on who you want to see next. Also vote if you want Elma's day to be a double day with Cross.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Rhythm Heaven Rep:

Chance: 50%

Want: 50%

Prediction:

Elma: 5%
9 Volt: 7%

Nomination: Bayonetta x 5

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
RH Character Chance:
90%
Take everything I said about the Chorus Kids (except the technical limitations), and apply it to a general RH character's chances, I think this is likely happening.
_____

There are so many positive things pointing to Chorus Kids' inclusion that some of you guys aren't pointing out:

+They still have a decent amount of support even after the ballot was announced. I still see CK in multiple wish lists here, and there's been plenty of talk I've seen in various websites that they want to see the Chorus Kids in the game. Who said they had a low amount of popularity?

+Rhythm Heaven is a decently popular franchise in Japan just like Mother and Xenoblade, a popular enough franchise to be a qualifiable candidate in Smash.

+They have distinct uniqueness, the Chorus Kids are pretty stand-out in various ways. For one, they could use rhythm as a mechanic, they could also borrow moveset ideas from the various mini games RH has to offer. Need I to remind you of the memorable mini games like DJ School (SUKARACHO!), Rhythm Wrestler (Wubbadubba is that true? YEAH! POSE FOR THE FANS!), and Karate Joe's plant pots that the kids can take inspiration from.

+They were planned in the game in some point, what proves this? The Gematsu Leak, the Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run, and the Chorus Kids trophy, and the empty RH emblem added in the game. There is so much evidence in their favor I wouldn't really call this a coincidence.

+As expected, everyone completely forgot about the upcoming RH game that's releasing in Japan soon:
They are certainly in a much better position than Ice Climbers right now with having a brighter future than them, this really soars them pretty high into being high priority for DLC that could make Sakurai try to make them work again.

And really, the only negative (THE ONLY NEGATIVE) they have against their inclusion is possibly 3DS limitations. I don't know about you, but Sakurai probably had some way to make the Chorus Kids work without acting similar to Ice Climbers, otherwise he would not have planned them at all. There are various solutions to getting the Chorus Kids to work and I'm, special thanks to @Captain Hotcakes for proposing these ideas:
fans have proposed various ideas on how to incorporate their trio character without violating the game engine. One I'm in favor of is the Kids being bunched up all the time, shifting one of each other out for various attacks. They can even use each body to extend their attack range. Perhaps their Neutral Special would be Glee Club, where each Kid holds their signature aaahs as they move out in a horizontal line, all while projecting sound waves that can be extended or retracted depending on timing and following rhythm.
I also think it would be clever to have their other animations plays on the 3-in-1 character. Like, when they hit the ground or wall from knockback, one of the Kids is jumbled off the ground and lands over the other two. What about when they ledge grab, have one of the kids panicking as he holds onto the other two's legs, who are holding on. How would that not be adorable?
Chorus Kids' chances are basically a combination of how I rated Dixie and Ice Climbers, only their chances are better than them with even more things going for their inclusion. I suggest changing your ratings guys, because a 5% is a pretty absurd illogical percentage IMO.
_____

He already planned a character from that franchise before (it already has Sakurai's approval). Sakurai isn't going dismiss the concept of a RH again since there is a new game coming up, which means he could likely pick up the idea again, whether it be Chorus Kids or Karate Joe or Marshal. I cannot see Sakurai dismissing the idea and calling a day at all. I get the skeptics with CK being forced with Gematsu, but that should not be a reason to dismiss the idea of a RH character happening again completely.

Elma Prediction:
13.423% This will be hard to research without any spoilers. Doesn't Cross basically do the same thing as Elma, only she's the main focus of the plot.

Nominations:
x5 Jibanyan

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Well I must've misunderstood his post then. Still the charcter comes from a very niche series. The spiritual successor is already represented in the game. Why put the past predecessor represented in the game when it's already kind of in the way represented by the newer one. Especially when it's owned by another company even though the said company is the one making the game but has other franchises that could have more of a priority for being a DLC charcter? People barley knew about Xenosaga before we rated this charcter.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Rhythm Heaven character

Chance: 50%

Want: 30%
Never played a Rhythm Heaven game, though I do like the music.

Predictions: Elma 5%

Nominations: BB bandit trio X5.

sogeki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MexicanSaiyan
Like I said before, every day should be a double day.

Rhythm Haven rep: 25%. They are highly requested, and they are loved by many. Their moveets would be very unique as well.

Want: 100%.

Elma prediction: 21%.
9volt prediction: 12.56

Noms: Smash run o the wii u x5.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Chance 30%
This is actually a high score for a non-leaked character coming from me. There was the chorus kid thing and it is believed that leftover data does suggest one was planned. But still, I don't like giving scores above 50% for non veteran, non leaked characters.
Want 50%
Could be cool

nominate R.O.B. eye bug fix x5

I'd rather a double day

prediction
9-volt: 8%
Elma: 6%

D

Deleted member

Rhythm Heaven Character

Chance: 30%

I'm not as optimistic as @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 is, but I do see where he's coming from.

Even if there were technical issues preventing the Chorus Men from being included, there are other candidates for Rhythm Heaven reps.

Want: 70%

I haven't played a Rhythm Heaven game myself, but some of its cast of characters would be...interesting inclusions in Smash.

Prediction: Elma - 10%; Cross - 10%

Nomination: Zael x5

Top Bottom