• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Custom Moves for DLC characters

Chance: 50%

The team has shrunk in size, and Sakurai stated that he wants to make as many DLC characters as possible, but Mewtwo even has a clear movie in the Wii U version, and they didn't bother to make custom moves. It makes Mewtwo feel inferior to the rest of the initial cast, and that isn't right. Also, these characters are NOT FREE!

Want 100%

Time for Mewtwo to have his custom moves Sakurai!

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
DAY 40 : DLC CHARACTERS RECEIVING CUSTOM MOVES *gasp*
Chance :
68%
Everyone had complained about Mewtwo's lack of custom movset. I think Nintendo will try to patch it so he could have them if the fans demands it (which had happened)...Buuut maybe that's the con of DLC characters is being no custom moves.

Want :
50%
Yes, I love custom moves and it's always interresting to see them. Plus some actually helps for me to be able to play a character where I couldn't before but at the same time, I dunno, something makes me not want them... Maybe my laziness to collect them lol

Prediction :

Spyro : 5%

Nomination :
Klonoa (Klonoa) x5

D

Deleted member

Chances are Slim, Mewtwo doesn't have his customs and they bothered to patch up the customs glitch, so i believe that Nintendo knows we want them, but it can't happen now.

Do i want? Of course i want. I believe in Customs, and i also believe they should be legal at all times in tournaments too. In casual play, they are just as important.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
DLC Characters receive custom movez:

Chance 80%:
For me, I assume a few scenarios:
  1. Mewtwo is actually the only character with no customs, to make him special. That said, the other DLC characters will get customs but just Mewtwo.
  2. Like Point 1, but maybe Lucas (or Wolf, the only 2 that works with this point) will also get no customs due to the fact that most of their specials can be found in Ness/Fox already.
  3. Mewtwo was rushed, so there is temporarily no customs for him. Can be proved by how the glitched custom kind of made a few real variety.
All said, I think that chances are Mewtwo will either be a special case or just have the customs not ready yet. And even if not so, with most (if not all) us requesting, Nintendo may consider fixing this.

Want 90%:
No reason to object such feature, tho if there really exists certain difficulties that can explain the absence of customs, I wouldn't complain too much.

Prediction Spyro 3%:
Another old franchise, with less fan support than most other.

Nomination:
Bomberman x1
Slippy x1
Ashley x1

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Chances: 95%
Every character had them until Mewtwo. Plus, some of Mewtwo's unused ones were found. I honestly can't see this NOT happening.

Want: 100%
I love custom moves and I want everyone to have them.

Spyro (he's still a thing?) Prediction: 2.4%

Nominations:
9-Volt x10 (so close, oh so close)

Laniv

Smash Lord
DLC Characters getting Customs:

Chance: 55%
People have complained about Mewtwo not having any, and probably will if Lucas doesn't have any.

Why not?

Prediction for Spyro: 14% Chance, 75% Want.

Nominate Adeleine x 5

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
DLC Characters with Customs
Chance: 20%
Can't help but feel that with Mewtwo launching with none, it'll become a trend. Maybe they'll see the backlash and make them, but I'm not holding my breath

Want: 35%
I barely ever play with customs so I'm pretty indifferent, but I'm definitely not going to say no to getting them. They just aren't a big deal to me. That said it'd be kind of unfair seeing as customs are being allowed into the metagame, so characters without customs would be at a disadvantage

Spyro Prediction: 2.34%

Nominations
RH Character x3
Themed Stage Packs x2

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
DLC Custom moves:
Chance: 35%

Color me optimistic, but I feel they will be added later. After all, in smash tour, there are Mewtwo 2 and Mewtwo 3 panels; if he weren't meant to have customs at one point, they wouldn't be in the game.

I love messing around with customs, so I would definitely want them in.

Spyro predict (seriously?):
Chance: 3%

Want: 25%

Nom: Moonstruck Blossom x2
Homecoming Hijinx x3

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
DLC Characters Receive Custom Moves:

Chance: 30%

Mewtwo could possibly be a sign of no custom moves, however, maybe they will be added later.

Want: 50%

I don't play with customs so I am totally indifferent. However, having the option is nice.

Nominations:
Concept Full Ken Alt x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Being as brief as possible since today's an important day, but whatever.

DLC Custom moves:

Chance: 80%

Mewtwo was going to have customs, so I can see them being incorporated in a future patch. And Sakurai would be pretty insane if any new fighters that aren't in the main roster doesn't get them.

Customs were the best thing since sliced bread and many characters are even more useful with them. That being said, Smash Run is one of the best things to do for getting them.

Spyro prediction: 3%

Nominations: Monita x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
DLC Characters Custom Moves

Chance - 20% - The whole custom moves thing I'm just going to take as being junk data. While I can see them getting around to it eventually due to backlash, for the most part I think they consider it too much work. They have to find a way to make move interesting while still deriving it from what they have and make it balanced. Who knows how long that takes? I say they just want the character done with. Maybe once all the DLC characters are here, they will consider it.

Want - 50% - Never used custom moves. I don't care.

Spyro Prediction - 2.54% - Remember when he was added in Playstation All-Stars? No? Yeah, that's a problem.

Nominations
New Palutena Guidance Conversations X3
Anna (FE) X2

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Custom moves to DLC
Chances: 25%

This shouldn't be a thing, but Mewtwo is INCOMPLETE without customs... we don't need a Palutena like moveset (that would be cool for everyone), but getting nothing is offensive

Spyro
Prediction: 5%

Noms
Bub/Bob x5 :bubblebobble:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Chance:
75%

Want:
100%
I'm surprised they didn't make any.

Nomination:
Concept: Customizable Alts x5

Last edited:

MatvaradoxD

Smash Cadet
DLC Custom Moves
It's cool that all of the fighters we have besides Mewtwo have so many different custom moves but it's possible the rest of the DLC fighters won't receive any due to the fact that Mewtwo has none and Ness has Lucas' moves.

Want: 60%
I do want the rest of the characters to get the same treatment but it'll be time consuming to come up with 12 more different moves for a single character. Developing one single character is tough enough but I'd prefer for the developers to create as many characters as they can and worry about custom moves til later on when everything else is all set. I'd also prefer stages, music, and modes before getting custom moves as well.

Prediction
Spyro - Chance: 8%

Nominations:
Mach Rider x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Eh? Maybe I justo a little lost... But I don't ser how Spyro get more votes than Kos-mos (only the +5)... But Looks like she only need get like 8 nominations to puts above again... I"m almost sure that something was left...
Just make sure you check the last time the nominations post was updated. I time stamp it with every update. Anything after that point hasn't been accounted for yet. I update a few times a day, but the final standings when Colder closes is all the matters for who is next in line; in that case Spyro overcame KOS-MOS in the many hours between updates.

(Kos-mos don't need now my help. Tomorrow will begin her predictions).
Another example, DLC Music Pack has currently overcome KOS-MOS, so she isn't a lock for the next day just yet.

Troykv

Smash Master
Just make sure you check the last time the nominations post was updated. I time stamp it with every update. Anything after that point hasn't been accounted for yet. I update a few times a day, but the final standings when Colder closes is all the matters for who is next in line; in that case Spyro overcame KOS-MOS in the many hours between updates.

Another example, DLC Music Pack has currently overcome KOS-MOS, so she isn't a lock for the next day just yet.
My +1 is useless against Nominations winners... And I can't change the nominations..

Edit:
But If it's possible... I will change only for Today my usual nominations and give the +5 to Kos-mos...

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
This is late, but wow… I don't think I've ever gotten extra noms before. Ever. I guess a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while.

DLC characters receive custom moves
Chance- 40%
I just don't know. Maybe they'll listen to the complaints. I feel like I see them sticking to what they're doing more, though.
Want- 60%
60% to make everyone calm down.
40% off as I don't really care that much myself, and there are a couple people whose rabidness over how serious of an issue this is somewhat rubbed me the wrong way. And it just takes up extra production time.

Spyro Predictions- 10.5%
Nominations:

Crono x10

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
DLC Characters' Custom Moves:

Chance: Abstain. I honestly have no idea...maybe Mewtwo was rushed and his customs will come in an update...maybe no DLC characters will get them and Lucas will prove this by not having customs.
I say we wait until Lucas comes out and see if he has custom moves, if not, then I think none of them will have customs.

Want: 100%. More options for new characters. No arguments here.
I particular want to see Mewtwo with a Wind-Push version of Confusion and his own Aura Sphere.

------
Nominations: Jill Valentine x5

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Past Chance Scores:

Roy: 99%
Ryu: 99%
Wolf: 99%
King K. Rool: 50%
Dixie Kong: 50%
Inklings: 40%
Isaac: 40%
Snake: 30%
Impa: 30%
Captain Toad: 30%
Chorus Kids: 20%
Rayman: 20%
Pichu: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Paper Mario: 15%
Krystal: 15%
Squirtle: 15%
Ivysaur: 15%
Professor Layton: 15%
Wonder Red: 15%
Tetra: 15%
Daisy: 10%
Ray: 10%
Ice Climbers: 10%
Sceptile: 5%
Magolor: 5%
Lip: 5%
Banjo-Kazooie: 5%
Henry Fleming: 3%
Ninten: 1%
Simon Belmont: 1%
Phoenix Wright: 1%
Quote: 1%
Shantae: 1%
Geno: 0.5%
Shovel Knight: 0.5%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0.5%
Ridley: 0%

DLC Alternate Costumes: 65%
Promoted NPCs: 0.5%

Past Want Scores:

Banjo-Kazooie: 100%
King K. Rool: 100%
Ice Climbers: 100%
Isaac: 100%
Ridley: 100%
Dixie Kong: 100%
Wolf: 100%
Rayman: 70%
Lip: 70%
Simon Belmont: 60%
Captain Toad: 60%
Inklings: 55%
Snake: 50%
Impa: 50%
Professor Layton: 50%
Ray: 50%
Wonder Red: 50%
Squirtle: 40%
Magolor: 40%
Ryu: 35%
Tetra: 30%
Phoenix Wright: 25%
Roy: 20%
Bandana Dee: 20%
Ivysaur: 20%
Henry Fleming: 20%
Pichu: 20%
Paper Mario: 5%
Krystal: 5%
Ninten: 5%
Quote: 5%
Chorus Kids: 5%
Shantae: 0%
Shovel Knight: 0%
Sceptile: 0%
Daisy: 0%
Geno: 0%
Midna & Wolf Link: 0%

Promoted NPCs: 100%
DLC Alternate Costumes: 50%

DLC Custom moves chance: 50%

Feel this could go either way.

Want: 5%

Not necessarily against them, but honestly I didn't care that Mewtwo didn't have them and wouldn't be bothered if no further characters have any either. I never use them, anyway.

Spyro prediction: 4.68%

Not that likely.

Nominations: Karate Joe x5

Troykv

Smash Master

Eh... Sorry.. I don't know when you will appear again here... But I have a question... Can I change the vote? If I give +5 Nominations to Kos-mos a Es.Dinah also do that (always do that) she will have x203...

Is possible?

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
CONCEPT OF DLC CHARACTERS CUSTOM MOVES
Want: 30% (Oddly, I haven't tried them yet...)

SPYRO
Prediction: 4.74%

NOMINATION
Elma x5

@ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice - When it is Elma's turn, could you please put something like "Put XCX spoilers in spoiler tags" in the thread title if possible? I do not wish to be spoiled and I'm sure there are several people who would agree with me. Thanks in advance!

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Custom Moves for DLC characters (concept)
Chance:50%
This can go either way. On one hand Sakurai might not input them as he had already stated that it was quite the job putting them in, and as such he might not have seen any reason for additional work. On the other hand, not having custom movesets does give the feeling such characters are not complete and all that, quite honestly he should have put them in the first place.

Want:50%
Personally, I do not care for custom movesets at all. But I've seen some pretty passionate people around here that support the idea, so I'll be throwing some want for them.

Spyro prediction:2%
Does he have any relavance outside of Skylanders? If not...

Nominations:
Slime (Dragon Quest) x5

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Who'da thunk today's rating would be a decimal off from mirroring yesterday's?
Character Chance Ratings

1: Ryu - 97.7%
1: Roy - 97.7%
2: Wolf - 97.5%
3: Professor Layton - 90%

4: Rayman - 60%
5: Snake - 55%
6: Inkling - 50%
7: Sceptile - 45%
7: Krystal - 45%
8: Paper Mario: 44.5%

9: Dixie Kong - 43%
10: Wonder Red - 40%
11: Impa - 40.5%
12: Simon Belmont - 35%
13: Ice Climbers - 30%

13: Captain Toad - 30%
14: Chorus Kids - 27.5%

15: Magolor - 25%
16: Henry Fleming - 25.7%
17: Ivysaur - 23.7%
18: Squirtle - 22.5%
19: Quote - 21.5%
20: Phoenix Wright - 20%
20: Shovel Knight - 20%
21: Shantae - 20.5%
22: Tetra - 20.3%

23: Midna & Wolf Link - 10%
24: Lip - 10.5%
25: Geno - 7%
26: Ray - 5%
26: Pichu - 5%
26: Daisy - 5.7%
27: Ridley - 5.5%
-: Spyro - ?.?

Character Want Ratings

1: Professor Layton - 100%
1: Shovel Knight - 100%
1: Wolf - 100%
2: Simon Belmont - 90.5%
2: Sceptile - 90.5%
3: Shantae - 87%
4: Wonder Red - 86.5%

5: Snake - 85%
5: Impa - 85%
6: Magolor - 85.5%

7: Ice Climbers - 80%
8: Chorus Kids - 80.5%
9: Ryu - 60%
9: Paper Mario: 60%
10: Midna & Wolf Link - 60.5%
11: Phoenix Wright - 55%
12: Ridley - 50%
13: Inkling - 30%
14: Henry Fleming - 30.5%

15: Rayman - 25%
16: Quote - 23%

17: Krystal - 20%
17: Dixie Kong - 20%
18: Tetra - 20.5%

19: Squirtle - 10.7%
19: Ivysaur - 10.7%
20: Geno - 10.5%
20: Roy - 10.5%
21: Lip - 5.7%

22: Captain Toad - 5.5%
23: Ray - 4.5%
24: Pichu - 1%
24: Daisy - 1%

-: Spyro - ?.?

Concept Chance Ratings

1: DLC Characters Receive Custom Moves - 90.5%
1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 85%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 65.7%

Concept Want Ratings
1: DLC Characters Receive Custom Moves - 100%
1: DLC Alternate Costumes - 100%
2: Any NPC Becomes Playable - 50.5%

Abstains (Inactivity)

King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac
Bandana Dee

Abtsains (Indifference)

Ninten

RATINGS

Concept: DLC Characters Receive Custom Moves

Chance - 90.5%: This is one of those things that seems plausible enough to develop than it would be excluding them altogether. Custom movesets are Smash 4's defining ew featurs and it's disappointing that Sakurai and his team foregoed their potential and necessity to the game with Mewtwo besides the hitbox of death Shadow Morph and possibly Lucas. It is odd that Sakurai and his designers would even go that route for DLC characters, considering it gives them a huge competitive disadvantage and whittles their appeal compared to the main roster.

Let's take a look at what could be supporting a future release of custom moves on DLC fighters. Perhaps Sakurai needed to give his team more time to test out Mewtwo's custom moves for some reason. Like, what if he wanted to release Mewtwo sooner? Or what if this was an afterthought after his default moveset was completed? Maybe there was some code funkery persisting with DLC characters' custom moves that needed fine tuning? The fact that Mewtwo had to be patched to fix glitches involving weird effects superseding the custom moves system makes me suspicious, as why was he compatible with the system to begin with? Not to mention, the glitch has variants of itself depending on the 2 and 3 special variants corresponding to a chosen Mii Fighter. There could very well be custom move files already present in Mewtwo's code as it is.

More importantly, why would DLC custom moves be more plausible to happen than it seems? For one, we see that Mewtwo is already accessible to making custom sets. Having one half of the customization of that feature truncated makes the character feel rather unnecessary to have ready to go against friends or to transfer them, as well as how static Mewtwo competitive matchups already fare from a lack of options. Coming off of this, Sakurai might have acknowledged the mistake he made and has custom moves under raps to be release on the patch for the Lucas update. Given the 3 months timing in between, both Mewtwo and Lucas could have this finalized and make these veterans just as worthy to explore as the mainstays.

TL;DR there's no good reason to hold back the custom moves feature just because a character is distributed as DLC.

Want - 100%:

Literally, this is a case of why not? Having custom moves readily available for these characters would do nothing but benefit them. You could even use them as room to explore different types of iterations of the features a la Mega Man's heavily nuanced defaults mixed with some new tools or Palutena or the Mii Fighters' straight-up kit diversity.

I personally only play with customs as much as I do with items on, and that's rarely. I will take a fancy to explore them if I'm doing Smash Run or am running a character in Classic. Granted, I'm going to experiment with them more often to lead up to EVO season. Overall, while I feel like more coulld've been done to flesh out the feature, I certainly welcome what it does for the game.

If we're getting custom moves for DLC characters though, I'm certainly not paying even a discounted price just to download them into the game. I already paid for the character, and they're basically 95% done thanks to bad design decisions. I shouldn't have to pay an extra fee just to enable them for a favorite character of mine. This is extremely egregious with the DLC method, as individual characters already put a conundrum with making me pick and choose from the complete roster. Now I have to pick and choose which characters I want what should've been a free upgrade for? just patch them into the game and no fuss will be generated.

PREDICTION

Spyro
Chance - 7.89%
Want - 12.167%

NOMINATIONS

*Concept: Smash 5 has 10 Year Wait Cycle x2
*Concept: No DLC Characters After Fighter Ballot x2
*Concept: (Shin) Megami Tensei Character (includes Persona & Devil Survivor) x1

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Concept of DLC Characters Having Custom Movesets
Friend: What are Mewtwo's custom moves?
Me: He doesn't have any.
Friend: He doesn't have any custom moves?! (Asks questionably)
Me: Which makes me wonder if they even care?
To be honest I think we could get them in another charcter balancing patch. I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch if the they do an update on something like this.

I would like for this to happen. I haven't tried all the custom moves yet, but I like trying out other charcaters custom moves to see if they work for me. If not I go back to the default. It's an optional thing, you don't have to use it. Besides I'd like to know what Mewtwo's would be if they were to give him his own custom moveset in a new balance patch and also what Lucus' one would be. The concept is just so intriguing, to not let DLC charcters have but everyone in the initial roster haves them.

Spyro Prediction 5%
Wow! I didn't even think we would ever get to this charcter, but ok. The game Spyro is in now isn't it competing with the Amiibo figures? Skylanders and Disney Infinity are already competing with each other now that Nintendo is in the figurine market Skylanders and Disney Infinty have to compete with the Amiibos. It'd just wouldn't work out. Why would Skylanders one of Sony's biggest staples have one of their charcters with other figurienes competing in it? This would just be bad and a big ol mess if Spyro were to be in Smash. Not to mention Spyro is now an Activision character a company that barley lets anyone touch any of their IPs they are almost as bad as Square when it comes to someone else using their characters. Not to mention, Spyro isn't even that popular in the ballot when compared to other third parties that people want to see. I don't think anyone is thinking about him at this point expect for trolls on YouTube and maybe even Miiverse. I think most people on here knows to not mention or pay attention to those requests. I can already see this being another low rated third party.

Nomination:
x5 DLC Stages

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Dlc characters gettiing custmos change:5%
The team shrunk in size and it appears that it's no where as important as just putting the character in.Making customs is hard work and if mewtwo is any example were not getting them.

DLC characters getting customs want:5%

I don't use customs so it's whatever

Spyro prediction:6%

captain syrup x 5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
DLC character custom moves
Chance: 20% - I would have expected custom moves to have come with the original DLC. Now I'm sceptical that we'll be getting any at all.
Want: 50% - I don't care either way.

Spyro prediction: 2% - Will Midna and Wolf Link finally take a seat?

Nominations: DLC music Pack x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
CONCEPT:
DLC CHARACTERS RECEIVE CUSTOM MOVES
CHANCE: 49.34%
WANT: 72.76%
This idea turned out to be extremely popular, but will it prevail? Next up we're rating the famous Spyro the Dragon. Also please predict what score the concept of DLC Music Packs will get tomorrow.

Ridley

Chance .07%
A shadow of himself from the ps1 era, like crash he has fallen ftom grace changing from one of sony's gaming mascot to barely a thought. He doesnt have some immense history with nintendo or gaming or popularity. Plus crash bandicoot seems to be more popular as well (including japan from what i have seen)

Want ( if original trilogy spyro)
100%
spyro 2 was my very first video game and is still one of my favorite ever. I have more nostalgi for spyro the ripto roaster than pretty much anything.
(If any other version)
0%
i would rather not see a mutation of what i loved. Think if we got sonic boom sonic.
but worse
this

Is not this

Prediction 20%

Noms
Viridi 2
Roy has awakening attire as default 2
4th mii class

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Spyro the Dragon

Chance: 4%

Oh where do I begin? He doesn't have that much demand in the ballot and people would rather seen him in a certain terrible Sony party title. He's an iconic character from a series of games and unlike Crash, had plenty of Nintendo and multi platform releases. He even starred in his own adventure in Skylanders (albeit with a yuckier design than what we all grew up with) and barely had any screen time since the other original characters were the main focus. Since then, he's nothing more than a marketing gimmick for Activison with these toy enchanted games.

Want: 70%

While I would love Spyro so much dot his good games, I wouldn't really want him in Smash by a small margin. But it sure as hell would beat having to see him in Crapstation All Stars Battle ****ale.

Prediction: 55%

Nominations: Monita x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Spyro the Dragon:

Chance:0.01% Nope. No way this would happen. Considering Spyro is already with the competeing Skylander series. He hardly had any relevancy with Nintendo, and he's not a popular pick in the Ballot.

Want: 10% I liked the second game of the original trilogy but I don't want him in this game.

Prediction:

DLC Music Packs: 16%

Want: 80%

Nominations:

Lloyd Irving: x3

Mother 3 Stage x2

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Dlc customs

Mewtwo comes to mind. His customs still aren't in the game and I really hope Sakurai will eventually make him have customs. I love the idea of him using different attacks. He is a mew clone with amazing potential.

Also, I would love to see any dlc characters coming in the game get customs. It turns the game to something different!

Yes yes, I want this so much. Custom moves have been amazing and some characters currently play really differently.

Nominations: KOS-MOS X5. Hopefully I am not late.....

Ah, looks like I am. I always post these late..... @ PK_Wonder PK_Wonder does it still count?

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Roy C 85% W 30% (opinion has now changed to 0% want and now up to 10%)
Ridley C 5% W 70%
Chorus Kiddos C 17% W 10%
Magolor C 23% W 100%
Midna and inferior Star Wolf C 0% W 0%
Ray C 10% W 20%
Tetra C 15% W 40%
Pichu C 45% W 90%
Ryu C 75% W 5%
Daisy C 15% W2%
Ninten C 10% W 30%
Geno C 0.1% W 7%
Squirtle C 50% W 40%
Ivysaur C 40% W 70%
Prof. Clefairy Layton C 3% W 0%
Dlccostumes C 75% W 90%

Spyro
Chances: 7% He is iconic, and has quite a bit of history with Nintendo, which is good news for a third party, but unfortunately, that's where the good news ends. He just isn't popular enough in my eyes to make it through the ballot, and while this 1st party character chances when it happens, it absolutely destroys third party chars chances, as I can't see Nintendo risking it with him, and having to bother to license him. (In my eyes at least.)

Want: 29% I don't know much about his character, but I feel he'd be at least worth taking a shot for, as he's a dragon, we only have Charizard (Who isn't even dragon type), we can always use more dragons.
(As fodder for the glorious Jigglypuff to pwn via fairy type :troll:)

Predictions: Dlc Music Pack 40%
Nominations: x 5 to
Dark Matter (Kirby)

Edit: Formatting failures.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Spyro
Chance:
0%

I'll look back at what I said previously...
I've mentioned before that Spyro has more of a connection with Sony than Nintendo. This is true to an extent. The purple dragon has appeared on Nintendo's consoles more than Sony's consoles, his birthplace. Even still, Spyro's earliest titles with Sony were pretty high quality, much higher quality than the crap that he has been releasing as of late. As such, I still hold regards that Spyro is more of a Sony All-Star rather than a Nintendo All-Star. This shines in what little demand he has; characters like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro have far less demand here than they did in PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale. The reason for this is probably because of his ties with Sony and the history that he's had with them while characters like Sonic and Mega Man are highly requested for their massive history with Nintendo. It also doesn't help that Spyro's most recent outing is Skylanders. His name was plastered onto that game and now they have removed it for the sequel after the success of that game.
While he has more games on Nintendo's consoles, he is still regarded as a Sony All-Star rather than a Nintendo All-Star.
Hmm... I agree with this really and I think it still applies.
Spyro has some connection with Nintendo, but it's very minor as his early hay days were on PlayStation consoles. Now... he's practically dead and left behind from the Skylanders.
He was also heavily requested for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, but that didn't work out. He's more of a Sony All-Star rather than a Nintendo All-Star.
Lastly, I doubt that Spyro has been receiving requests from the ballot to appear... I think Sakurai needs to be majorly convinced to put in Spyro.

Want: 0%
I would be kinda ticked if he made it in to be honest.

DLC Music Prediction: 52.04%
More than half is what I am thinking.

Nominations: Owain 5x
Time to revive RTC's dark lord...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Spyro the Dragon:

Chance: 0%

Don't get it twisted, homie, I love me some Spyro and was upset to what happen to him but here's the deal, he ain't a Smash worthy and his buddy Crash isn't worthy. They shouldn't be on the roster and why can't they be, simple.....

See this game
PlayStationAllStarsBattleRoyale.jpg

HOW ABOUT GETTING THOSE TWO BACK HOME WHERE THEY BELONG. WHY AREN'T YOU GUYS DOING INSTEAD OF ASKING NINTENDO TO CARE?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Spyro
Chance: 0%

Nominate R.O.B. eye bug fix x5 (Or possibly x10 since I believe thats stupidly close to what I predicted for Custom Moves)

Prediction: Music Pack 30%

D

Deleted member

*looks at PS1 collection*

Spyro

Chance: Negligible (Approximately 0%)

I had originally prepared a lengthy Microsoft Word document for Spyro's day, but then I decided to keep my post simple and straight to the point.

One of the icons of the original PlayStation, Activision's purple dragon has his merits (he's at least somewhat iconic, his series may have directly inspired Nintendo's very own Amiibo figures, etc.) and his shortcomings (he has never been very popular in Japan, he's no longer the poster child of his own series, Amiibo may be his competition, etc.), but I really only have one major argument against his inclusion:

He's simply not requested enough, and this is the same character who wasn't even featured in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale despite the sizable and vocal demand for his inclusion in that game.

Want: 60%

As someone who used to follow his series, I'm not fond of what Spyro has become recently, but I won't deny that he has great moveset potential from varied elemental breaths and other magic powers to charging and other melee attacks.

Prediction: DLC Music Packs - 50%

Nomination: Zael x5

He's an iconic character from a series of games and unlike Crash, had plenty of Nintendo and multi platform releases.
Actually, Crash has made plently appearances on Nintendo platforms as well, both multiplatform and exclusive. Not as many as Spyro, but very close. In fact, the only post-PS1 era Crash game that didn't grace a Nintendo platform (aside from mobile phone spin-offs) was Crash TwinSanity for PS2 and Xbox in 2004. A GameCube port was planned, but cancelled. Not that it really means much in the grand scheme of things, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Fake Ridley

Chance: 1%
Unlikely. Another third-party character. Now he's a big name in the Skylanders series, which is most definitely competing with Nintendo. True, Skylanders did the whole NFC figure thing first (and then Disney had to jump on the bandwagon...) Is Nintendo really interested in promoting a competitor? Especially since Spyro really doesn't have too much association with Nintendo in the first place?
Yeah, there's a different purple dragon we could put in. And he actually deserves it.
Want 0%
Same arguments as with all other third-parties. Just give us Ridley.
DLC music: 70.9%
Nom:
Stage packs x5​

Last edited:
Top Bottom