• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I've been waiting for this for ages. Now to submit the evidence!
(warning: LOTS of gifs ahead)

This thread is now in session for the rating of Mr. Phoenix Wright.

The prosecution is ready, Your Honour.

The defence is ready, Your Honour.

Judge:
Now then, yesterday this thread witnessed quite a bit of commotion in the case of Ryuuichi -- no, that's not it... Ryuunosuke...

(That's odd. Why are my ears burning...?)

Edgeworth:
Just Ryu, Your Honour.

Judge:
Ah, yes! That person with the apple-scented bandana, right?

Ryu's fighting moves were so cool, Nick! But I bet he wouldn't stand a chance against the Steel Samurai!

(I'm not sure "cool" is how I'd describe them... And was it just me, or was he looking at me like I was some sort of training dummy?)

Judge:
Well... I think it's fair to say that Mr. Ryuunohoshi performed not quite as strongly as we were expecting. What does the prosecution have to say?

Edgeworth:
Quite below expectations, indeed... However, I do believe today's defendant can expect to perform considerably worse, Your Honour.

Phoenix:
(Gee... Thanks for the show of support, Edgeworth... Have you already forgotten that statement I gave to Mr. Takumi when he almost didn't let you join us in Labyrinthia?)

Hmph. Feeling the pinch already, Wright?

...! Er, no, of course not! All's right with Wright! ... Ahaha...

Ugh... Nick, that was terrible, even by your standards...

Phoenix:
You're my assistant, you know... How about actually ASSISTING me for once?

Edgeworth:
Well, I'm afraid I'm only getting started. Show the witness to the stand!

Edgeworth:
Will the witness please state his name?

I’m Ryu. Mr. Edgeworth, you struck me as a capable opponent yesterday, so I have returned to challenge you!

Witness, this is no battlefield! You are here only to give your testimony to us!

Ryu:
Talk is cheap. The answers you seek from me lie in the heart of battle.

Judge:
Actually, witness, the answers we seek from you lie in the heart of your testimony. Can you please begin?

Ryu:
I walk the path of a true warrior.
In order to become stronger, I must seek out opponents whose fighting styles differ greatly from any I have seen before.
It only makes sense that I would be asked to join these “Smash Brothers”! They also understand the long path of the warrior!
Not only that, but I have fought many times on Nintendo’s various battlegrounds!
Mr. Wright! You may have overcome me in the past, but you face an uphill battle now!
This time, you must defeat my sound files to stand a chance!

Phoenix:
Those are just sound files! Couldn’t they have just gotten in by some accident? They don’t prove anything!

The people working on this software are professionals, Wright! Do you really think they would make such a grave error?

Ryu:
Mr. Edgeworth is correct. This Sakurai person they speak of seems like an honourable warrior.

Sakurai, honourable? I don’t think so! I’d say he just put those sound files in there to throw us off!

Phoenix:
...! Hey, that’s not a bad idea, Maya! That sounds exactly like something Sakurai would do!

Maya:
Hee hee! Guess I’m not such a bad assistant after all, huh, Nick? Keep those burgers coming, and I’ll keep the ideas coming!

Phoenix:
That’s only one good idea, Maya. Win this case for me first, then we might talk burgers.
Well, Edgeworth? You can’t deny that it’s possible!

Tsk, tsk. And you call yourself a lawyer, Wright? Have you already forgotten about copyright law? Those files are Capcom’s property! There’s no way they would allow anyone to use them for a mere prank!

Phoenix:
Then, do you have a better explanation for them?

Edgeworth:
Isn’t it obvious? The files are a sure sign of Mr. Sakurai’s intent to invite the witness to join the fight!

Ryu:
Indeed. And since Mega Man has already joined before either of us, I’m afraid there would be no room for a third outsider. But do not take your defeat too harshly, Mr. Wright. It is merely one more step on my path to becoming a true warrior.

Face it, Wright. In the courtroom, evidence is everything... and all of the evidence points to the witness having been chosen over you!

Phoenix:
Wh-whaaaat!? (This isn’t good at all!)

Maya:
Come on, Nick! We can’t just give up now! Can’t you point your finger and do one of your “turnabout” things, or something?

Phoenix:
It’s not that simple, Maya... But you’re right. Maybe if I try thinking about it from a different angle... I’m thinking about the data from inside the game, but what about the data from outside the game?
...! Aha! I’ve got it!

On this website, we can clearly see that my games have sold over five million copies worldwide! Not only that, but they’re all on Nintendo platforms too! Something our witness’ titles clearly are not!

Honestly, Wright? You’re presenting information from VGChartz for video game sales? That’s like looking up Eventhubs for fighting game match-ups! But I suppose I could humour you for a moment... I direct the thread’s attention to this page on the same website. The sales figures clearly state 6.3 million units! That’s one game, Wright. One game is all our witness needs to best you!

6.3 MILLION!?

Judge:
I think we’ve heard enough from this witness. It’s clear to the thread at this point who is the more notable personality.

Ryu:
My commiserations, Mr. Wright. You put up a good fight, and you have earned my respect. I look forward to our next battle, wherever it may take place.

Phoenix:
(There must be something else I can come up with...)

???:
Hmm... Looks like you’re in a bit of trouble, Phoenix.

Phoenix:
(That voice...!)

It’s been a while, Phoenix.

Phoenix:
Chief! Why are you here?

Mia:
For the same reason I always come back - to get you to turn this case around! Remember, this is a public ballot, so it’s not the data in the games that’s important - it’s the people who will be playing those games. Have you considered what the onlookers think of this whole situation?

Phoenix:
...! Of course! We still don’t know who the people want to appear in the game!

Heh heh. I figured that would come up sooner or later... Bring in the next witness!

Edgeworth is as sharp as ever... He’s probably been waiting for this to come up. Be careful, Phoenix.

Edgeworth:
The witness will state his name and occupation to the thread.

Detective **** Gumshoe, sir. I'm a homicide detective with the local precinct, sir.

Edgeworth:
Detective. Can you state your first name again?

Gumshoe:
****, sir.

... ... ...

Mia:
I know Detective Gumshoe may not be the sharpest tool in the box... But I never imagined he’d have difficulty with his own name...

What seems to be the problem, witness?

I'm not sure, sir... See, these big star-shaped things keep appearing whenever I try saying my first name, and they won't let me say it. You want I should spell it out instead? D-I- --

Judge:
No, no, that won't be necessary, witness. We don't need to get anyone in trouble here!

... If we're done avoiding being in contempt of thread, can the witness please detail the public opinion of this case?

Gumshoe:
Sure thing, sir!

Gumshoe:
Today’s the 32nd day of this thread, so we’ve probably already dealt with the most popular nominations.
So far, the crocodile and the wolf guy are winning, and everyone seems to think the wolf is a shoo-in.
Not only that, but the people think that, because Ryu is so likely, they aren’t even giving you a chance, pal!
They think it’d be a waste of a vote to choose someone who has no hope of winning. And a lot of people aren’t even sure how you’d be able to fight.
Also... well, you’re a lawyer, pal. Nobody really likes lawyers these days...

I’m afraid that’s where you’re wrong, Detective. I think if you look around this place enough, you’ll find I’m plenty popular around here! People might not think my chances are good, but how many people can you actually find who’ve said they don’t like me?

Gumshoe:
Hey... you’re right, pal! I can’t find many bad comments about you at all!

Preposterous! Do you mean people actually LIKE watching you bluff your way through every single court case?

Well... it hasn’t failed me yet, has it? But my point still stands! If you look around here, I think you’ll find I’ve got far more fans than detractors!

Judge:
“Look around here”? Where are we looking? Who are we looking at?

Phoenix:
I wasn’t talking about anywhere in particular, Your Honour... I meant, if you ask around among the people here...

Judge:
Ask around? You there, bailiff! Bring down some of the audience members to the stand, so we can hear their opinions!

That won’t be necessary, Your Honour... The point I’m trying to make is, I think people are underestimating my popularity. And in a public poll, isn’t that what’s important?

Edgeworth:
I’m not sure the results of the poll are going to determine who gets in, as such... But I suppose it can’t be denied that Wright does have his fans.

Mia:
Edgeworth is actually agreeing with you? This can’t be good...

Edgeworth:
Yes, you may have your supporters, but nobody has answered the question of what you would actually do in this “Smash Brothers”!

Haven’t you done any research? Take a look at this video. I’ve got more tricks up my sleeve than you think!

What the... What are you doing with that evidence... ONE MILLION POINTS!?

Judge:
Oho! I must say, they captured my gavel work perfectly! And the fluffiness of my beard... I must show this to my brother later - it will put his “glorious playoff beard” to shame!

Phoenix... Is that my sister I see there, doing your dirty work for you?

Phoenix:
*gulp* W-well, Chief... she said you told her to look after me, so she insisted I let her help...

Mia:
That magic shield is amazing, though... The powers of the Kurain Channeling Technique never cease to amaze me.

Ahem... yes, well... These tricks are all well and good here, but who’s to say these “Smash Brothers” will let you use any of them?

Phoenix:
You’re right, Edgeworth - who’s to say? But don’t you think I should at least get a chance to find out, though?

Hmph... I will admit, I’m curious to see more of what we can do with the evidence we find...

Gumshoe:
Hey, pal, where do you keep finding all of that evidence, anyway? Us detectives can never find half as much as you!

Phoenix:
Ahaha... I guess criminals always leave traces behind... You just... have to know where to look!

Judge:
So! It looks as though both the defence and prosecution are in agreement regarding how much they want to see Mr. Wright join the “Smash Brothers”! Is that right, Mr. Edgeworth?

Edgeworth:
... I suppose that would be accurate, Your Honour...

Well done, Phoenix! Another successful turnabout!

Well... I’ve got you to thank for it again, Chief...

Judge:
Well, I believe there’s nothing more to be said regarding this case, except for my verdict!

Um... This wasn’t a trial, Your Honour...

Chance: 12% because he's more Nintendo-ish than Ryu, but still not very likely.
Want: 100% - See above

Prediction for Lip: 9.26%

Nominations: Anna (Fire Emblem) x3
Professor Layton x2

Thread adjourned!
You sir win the thread! I can't beat that so I will just get to the chances.

Chance: 10%

I gave Ryu 90% so I will give Phoenix the remaining 10%. With Ryu most likely coming in Smash, Nick's chances don't look too bright. Although a turnabout would be nice :)

Want: 85%

I guess he would be 2nd most wanted character after Isaac. He is different, represents ace attorney and is a master of unexpected (well expected now :p) comebacks!

Nominations:
Abel (SMT: Devil Survivor) or any other SMT character x 5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
@ShinyRegice , sounds good to me. Most Overrated/Most Underrated being voted on before E3 week, and then having a double day for them the day after E3 week? I like it.

Phoenix Wright
Chances - 0.75% I don't have a lot of time to explain today, but even if we get five third party characters (counting Ryu, of course), he's got a lot of struggle and competition to get through. Being more or less monogamous with handheld Nintendo consoles (at least where it counts), and having somewhat decent fan support really helps him. Alas, he is still a third party character that doesn't have a lot of mainstream recognition or appeal, which is essential for a third party character.

Want - 25% Fantastic series, but I have a lot of preferred characters.

nominate - Terra Branford x5

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Phoenix Wright in Smash - I'll be the judge of that
(from here on out, I'll spare you the court talk, it's only been done several times already)

Chance: 5% - Yet another 3rd party character (who's not Snake), yet another Capcom character (also hurts a lot). If people thought Ryu was a bit much, they'll flip tables over Wright. Also, aside from this thread, I haven't seen a large fan demand for him (perhaps his supporters are a silent group). Either way, I don't see him happening.

Want: 1% - Never played Ace Attorney series, but I don't doubt it's a good series. I just prefer that he not be in Smash. For one, I feel that we're getting a bit many in 3rd party characters, and 3 Capcom, 1 Sega, and 1 Namco Bandai definitely looks unfair to me. Also, because he's a lawyer, not really fighter material, it's obvious that he'd be a joke character, which I feel is a poor choice with 3rd party characters.

Sorry Phoenix Wright, at least you still have Capcom's fighting series.

Predictions: Lip - I'm assuming this is where the flower wand "Lip's Stick" comes from eh? Well, people want her, but I've never played the original Panel de Pon (Tetris Attack).
55%?

Nominations:
Meowth X2
Chibi-Robo X3

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He is a funny character, but MvC 3 shows that he is not fighting material.
Wait...

How does the fighting game with him as a playable character prove he isn't fighting material?

Amiiben

Smash Cadet
Phoenix Wright. Chance:5% Phoenix Wright has the problem has not as big as Megaman,Ryu,Sonic,Pacman but the ballot could help him. Want:15% I don't know anything about Phoenix Wright. Nominations: Mallo x3 Digdug x2

MainJPW

M.T.A
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 2%
Can't see it happening.

Want: 20%
He'd be interesting no doubt.

Lip Prediction: 25%

Nominaton:
Ninten x5

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Phoenix Wright
Chance: 4.5%
What are the chances we'll get two third party characters as DLC? What are the chances we'll get a third DLC character from the same company? I guess I can't truly make that call, but the chances feel pretty low to me. If Nintendo and Capcom's relationship stays strong until the next Smash title, I could maybe see him as a possibility then. For now I'll give him a chance of 4.5%.
I'm not going to say objection...

Want: 30%
The memes that could make their way into Smash if Phoenix were to become playable would be pretty great.

Prediction - Lip: 22.3%

Nominations:
x3 Toon Zelda
x2 Tails the Fox

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I'm going to try to make 0 references or puns
Chance: .3%
I wouldn't be WRIGHT if I said he had a good chance. Capcom already has a character and I really doubt there's going to be another

Want: 30%
I don't really want him, but I wouldn't OBJECT to his inclusion.

Lip (who also has eyes and a nose) Prediction: 21.65%

Nominations: 9-Volt x5

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix Wright
Chance: 15% Decently popular, but he's third party
Want: 75% I like him as a character, but I still don't know if I want him in Smash.

Predictions: 9.6%
Nominations: Chibi-Robo x5

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Phoenix Wright
Chance: 5%
- I'm not even going to bother

Want: 0%
- CAPCOM alrready has Mega Man as their rep. No third-party should have more than one rep.

Prediction: Lip - 10%
Note: My prediction does not reflect my opinion

Nominations: Dark Samus x5
Well... Metroid does need a new rep... and if we can't get Ridley...

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Phoenix Wright

Chance: 0.1% There's just no way Cacpom would get a third character in this game(assuming Ryu is in which he most likely is).

Want:20% Only because of OBJECTION besides that meh.

Prediction:

Lip: 7.37%

Nominate:

Lloyd Irving x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
This is meant to give perspective on my ratings. They tend to be a lot lower than most here.

Ryu: 85%
Roy (Fire Emblem): 76.5%
*Wolf: 66.66%
King K. Rool: 33.34%
Captain Toad: 30%
Isaac: 27.5%
*Ice Climber (Singular with separate Popo and Nana costumes): 22.5%
Dixie Kong: 17.5%
*Inkling: 15%
Impa: 10.75%
*Bandanna Dee: 10.5%
*Ridley: 9.66%
*Wonder Red: 7.75%
Krystal: 7.5%
*Henry Fleming: 6.66%
Tetra: 5%
Chorus Kids: 5.25%
*Ray (Custom Robo): 4.33%
*Sceptile: 3.34%
**Paper Mario: 3.33%
*Rayman: 2.33%
Banjo-Kazooie: 2%
*Ice Climbers (Tag Team): 2%
Shantae: 1.15%
*Shovel Knight: 1.05%
*Quote: 0.36%
*Snake: .1%

Abstained:
Magolor (Kirby)
Midna & Wolf Link (The Legend of Zelda)
Pichu

*Was not here on rating day.
**Have changed my mind on my rating since I last rated.

Total of 449.48%, an expected four or five characters (with four being more likely).

Concepts:
Alternate Costumes: 70%
*An NPC Becomes Playable: 22.5%

*Was not here on rating day.

Chance: .02%
I'll eat my hat if Capcom gets two more characters for DLC. He may be popular, but he's not that popular by any stretch of the imagination.

Want: 80%
He'd be pretty awesome. :chuckle:

Lip Prediction: 11.11%

Nominations: Ms. Pac-Man Alternate Costume x5

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Phoenix Wright

Chances: 1%

There is no way he is getting in. I didn't really like his moveset in Marvel vs capcom 3 so I don't want him in my smash bros. He would be a joke character if anything!

Just no, please. Phoenix wright is a detective and it would be weird to have him in smash. I'm actually not really a fan of him EITHER way. We all know who the capcom rep will be and it won't be him!

Nominations: KOS-MOSX5 :smirk:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Chance 9%
With Ryu practically confirmed with the sound file leaks, I doubt we will be getting 3 Capcom characters in this game.

Want 27%
His character is kind of interesting... but I'm more of a fan of Franziska von Karma myself ;)

Lip prediction: 20%

Nominations
Ashley from Wario Ware x5 (I must be the only soul here voting for her :()

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix Wright:
Chances: 20% - He's not the most popular character, and Capcom already has one (most likely two) reps.

Want: 20% - He's a lawyer. That would make an excellent and funny fighter. However, I never played Ace Attorney, so I don't care.

Predictions - Lip:
Chances: 30%
Want: 60%

Nominations: Tabuu x5

MatvaradoxD

Smash Cadet
Phoenix Wright
Chance: 7%
Only because of the fighter ballot.

Never really played his games even though I don't have a doubt that they are good. MvC3 did a good job on his moveset and would expect the same outcome if he were to ever join Smash. I just don't think he'll be considered compared to other 1st and 3rd parties. If they ever do decide to later down the future though, I would want Professor Layton to come along as well just to see the two duke it out. But as for the character, as much as he's somewhat popular, he doesn't interest me much and would want others before him.

Prediction
Lip: 32%

Nominations:
Mach Rider x10
(I was happy I got the extra nominations lol. Thanks @ Smasher 101 Smasher 101 )

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
wanted to do a gif post but never had time

Phoenix Wright's chances: 1%
Want: 25%

prediction: 13.29%

nominations: Squirtle x5

no reasons because there's not really time

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Phoenix
Chance: 1% - We probably already have two Capcom characters in this game, I can't see us getting a third. Aside from decent popularity, Phoenix has nothing going for him.
Want: 10% - Apart from all the funny memes I don't have much love for him. I'd prefer Professor Layton.

Lip prediction: 9%

Nominations: DLC Music Pack x10

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
PHOENIX WRIGHT
CHANCE: 6.95%
WANT: 46.56%
The jury has announced its verdict: this Phoenix will not rise from the ashes. Next up we're rating Lip of Panel De Pon. Also please predict what score Simon Belmont will get tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Lip

+ She is first party.
+ She's a Super Famicom/SNES-era retro, but...
-- ...she's nowhere near as important to Nintendo's history as Duck Hunt and R.O.B.
+ However, so were the Ice Climbers, and they were only cut from the roster due to technical limitations.
+ From what I hear, Sakurai is a fan of her series of origin, Panel de Pon.
-- She is virtually unknown outside of Japan and the hardest of the hardcore Nintendo crowd. In fact, her games were often tweaked with either a Yoshi's Island or a Pokemon skin outside of Japan.
? Lip's Stick is already an item. Sakurai may or may not see any moveset potential in this character.

A puzzle game character in a fighting game? Sure! That would be creative.

Prediction: Simon Belmont - 2.5% (a miserable little pile of negativity)

The morning sun won't vanquish his horrible night. Those of us who are Castlevania fans will all cry bloody tears.

Nomination: Zael x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
no comment...

Lip

Chance: 1%
She's retro...but she's also not Duck Hunt, or ROB, or GnW, or etc....She's got an item in the game as well, which I would assume is the basis for most of her attacks, and since the item has been a part of Smash for a long time it would almost seem wrong to have it replaced with her since Lip's Stick seems to be more well known than Lip herself...which is kinda sad really...

No thanks...

Prediction: 14.3%
Simon Belmont
So it was Lip then...well my predictions doesn't change regardless...

Nominations:
Dark Samus x5
aka NOT an item...well kinda...ok maybe she is...I didn't think this through...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Lip

Chance: 27%

Considering they ignored Price Sable for a assist trophy and he was in the same predicament as Lip, I doubt it. West has a bigger hold on the Smash than most think and considering all of Lip's game were retranslated into games featuring other franchises (Yoshi and Pokemon) Lip doesn't have a presence.

Want: 29%
I love Tetris Attack like crazy but she isn't someone I really consider a fighter as of now. It's like wanting Arle from Puyo Pop as a fighter

Arle would kick a** though

Simon Belmont prediction
Chance: 3%
Want: 90%

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Lip:

As far as I've seen, her popularity is not well known, and look what happened to Takamaru. This won't help her in the ballot either.

Want: 70%

Surprise, surprise. I'm not ambivalent. I found out about her during the Groose Voting days, and I like the idea of a Puzzle League based fighter.

Simon Predict:

Chance: 26%

Want: 79%

Nom:

Homecoming Hijinx x3

Moonstruck Blossom x2

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Lip

Chance: 12%
She's not exactly well known since her series is known as Puzzle League oversees and does not feature her at all.
Want: 10%
I do like puzzle league, and I even like her theme. But a stage would be better.

prediction: Simon 12%

Nominate R.O.B. eye bug fix x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Lip

Chance: 5%
Yes, she's first party. Yes, she's been represented by an item since Melee. Yes, she's completely unknown.
Really, it's not only that she's unknown outside of Japan, it's that she was specifically cut out of her games and replaced with Yoshi or whoever else so to cater to outsiders. I get that Sm4sh is a love letter to Japan, but she may be pushing it even further than Shulk. Panel de Pon hasn't made a game since '09, and even that one was just a condensed remake of their last game from '07. Furthermore, the Garbage Block is a Kirby transformation, and the Lip's Stick is a beloved item, things are not at all looking good for her.
An iconic character should be recognizable across all regions, not dummied out since Americans don't like to play games with kawaii fairy girls on the cover. And Smash characters should be recognizable, particularly if they intend to sell any DLC...
Simon Belmont: 9.89%

Noms:
:squirtle::squirtle::ivysaur::ivysaur::ivysaur:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
@[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer] (yes I am aware I cannot tag you :p) and @ MainJPW MainJPW get extra nominations today.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Lip Chance:
7.5%
I feel like Lip is in the same situation as Isaac and Wonder Red here, she's not really a retro at all. Her series did get revived multiple times, but it has gotten the least success out of all franchises IS has made so far. She has a bleak future, and that's what mainly concerns me of her chances in this game. That already nulls her despite having a fantastic game on the SNES (Sakurai even called her game a masterpiece one time) and having great moveset potential with her Lip's Stick.

Unless a new Panel de Pon happens (Which I'm not counting on, but maybe on mobile because I think Panel de Pon would do great in that area) and gains a mass of popularity, I'm not really optimistic about her chances at all.

Lip Want:

95%
I really want this to happen, Panel de Pon happens to be my favorite puzzle game I have played since Dr. Mario. And moveset potential speaks for herself.

Simon Belmont Prediction:
1.34% After the mess that was Konami, I expect some really low scores here.

Nominations:
x5 Young Link

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Lip
Chance - 25%
She's... not exactly well known. However, her series has three references; Lip's Stick, her theme, and one of the Kirby Stone transformations. And I believe Sakurai is fond of her series as well. So, if Sakurai wanted to pick a super obscure character, she'd probably be one of his first picks. But I don't think she'll be DLC.

Want: 55%
We don't have any puzzle game characters (well, except for Dr. Mario but Mario's in every genre). I haven't actually played any of her games (as in HER games, not the clones like Pokemon Puzzle League), but from the looks of things she could be a fun character. So sure, I'd be fine with her.

Prediction

Simon Belmont - 2%
Almost no chance in hell at this point.

sogeki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MexicanSaiyan
Big Juicy Black Lip(s).

Chance: 25%. While she isn't that well known, those who do know of her want her in smash. i.e., she has a large fanbase. Also, I gave her an extra 5% because she has trophies and an item, so Nintendo does acknowledge her.
Want: Abstain: I know nothing of her games.
Simon Belmont Prediction: 4.67%.

Nominations: Ninten x5.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Lip
Chance 8%
only giving a semi-low low high because of her item she is very very obscure

want 50%?
well one thing is for sure she is some what of a blank slate move set potential can be endless sure she will need something for her game to convey in her move set but still this is a canvas and I do like new game play

Nomination
Ninten x5

(take a ness model simple as can be give a new move set and now we got all 3)

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Lip (Panel de Pon)

Chance: 25%

Even though a few references has been added to encourage gamers to explore Nintendo's vast collection of IP (Lip's stick, Kirby's Stone with garbage block, and Lip's theme remix) along with past interviews with Sakurai in regards to Lip, she may not initally make it through smash DLC, but future smash titles would very likely include more characters from lesser known franchises, given that each of them have distinct fighting styles.

Want: 50%

For some reason, I may jump on board with the people who wants a newcomer to represent puzzle genre

There is also the Lip support thread which has gained a good cult following, but still far from more requested ones like Bandana Dee, Issac, and King K ROOL!

Prediction:

Simon Belmont: 21%

Nomination: Monita x 5

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Lip

Too obscure to make it through the ballot.

She could be really fun to play. Plus it would be pretty nice to one day have the trio of Little Mac, Takamaru and Lip all in one game.

Nominations:
Monita x5

D

Deleted member

No Idea on what to really say for this character. Her chances are mid thanks to a big base of supporters, but i'm not one who want s to see her in Smash to be honest. I DO want to see more ladies in Smash, but a few just... can't make the cut.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lip

Chance: 20%

Considering they ignored Prince Sable and demoted Takamaru to At status due to lack of Western familiarity, I'm afraid that this hurts to her chances very badly. Intelligence Systems had arguably abodlnned the franchise for a while like they had down for the Wars series and any attempt at localizing the games had been Americanized into Yoshi or Pokemon titles. This shows how far Nintendno is willing to go to enforce the fact that anything cute and feminine would do poorly in the West unlike in Japan (Hence the existence of the American Kirby is Hardcore trope). Despite her loyal following, I doubt it would be enough to make a real dent in the Smash Ballot and she is most likely going to be under Sakurai's radar for the fourth time again.

Want: 100%
A flower fighting fairy of doom would be my ideal choice of a new main. Just imagine all the salt from those that would even lose to a cute little thing like her. :troll:

Simon Belmont Predictions: 30%

Nominations: Princess Daisy x5

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I knew Lip wouldn't get great ratings, but I just wanted to get the vote out for her (and a lot of others, too, apparently). ^^

Lip -
Chance: 25%
I don't think she's impossible, but things are definitely stacked against her. The main thing is that she does have several references in the game: Lip's Stick, Garbage Block (one of Kirby's Down+B transformations), and her theme as a song in the game. That's not much to go on, but she's probably the best obscure character, anyway. There's also a lot more games in the Puzzle League series, even if Lip herself has not appeared in them in the west, so at the very least she's got that for her.

Want: 100%
My third-most wanted DLC character. I simply love Panel de Pon and love the idea of a puzzle game fighter.

I probably won't be participating in RTC anymore, all the characters I wanted to have now been voted on.

Top Bottom