• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
WR
Chance 20% I feel like The Wonderful 101 has a vocal, yet small fanbase, and I could see problems with getting him to work. TW101 really did just fall off the face of the earth after its release and I doubt it will ever get another game.

Want 70% Didn't like TW101 that much, but I still think it would be cool.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
Why would bayonetta "take wonder red's spot?"
Bayonetta is owned by sega and red is owned by nintendo. It isnt like there is a 3rd party platinum rep.
I don't think Nintendo would consider putting a less popular character in with a more popular character when they are both developed by the same 3rd party company.

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

Chance:20%
Maybe I'm putting him a little bit too high. After all, his game sold horribly and there really aren't any talks of a sequel.
...That being said, this is the company that gave an immediate thumbs up to a sequel to a shooter that sold horribly back in the day(I wonder if a S&P3 can happen, I'd love to have it on the 3DS), so who knows? His game is relatively new and is a completely original IP, so that would work in his favor. And I'm seeing a lot of moveset potential here.

Want:40%
First, it's an unrepresented IP. Second, this IP is actually owned by Nintendo. If it weren't for the fact that I haven't played his game yet (Once again, have it, just haven't gotten to it) this sore would probably be around the 70s.

Predictions: NPC promotions 25%
Nothing to say yet...

Nominations:
Ray (Custom Robo) x5

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Wonder red change:20%
Wonder red is special. His series was a flop but the character has a big YouTube and twitter following.So maybe he'll get in through the ballot but being a plain character I can't see

Wonder red want: 20%
He seems and I like the wonder 101 demo but I have no attachment to the character but do think he'll be an interesting character if put in and that inrerestes me

Concept NPC becomes playable prediction: 27%

Slippy x5

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Wonder Red:

Chance: 50%

Want:40%

A very popular candidate. Huge fan support from websites like neogaf, and even topping polls on /v/ beating out K Rool (Not by much though). Both of those sites have a large amount of Smash fans and contributors. Id say hes the only Western competition K Rool has at the moment.

Pros:
-1st Party
-Game is still new
-Sakurai has shown love for the game
-No assist trophy
-W101 music in game

Cons:
-Poor sales and reviews of game
-Moveset could be difficult to implement, although most suggest Red will be by himself.
-Not that popular in Japan

Predictions: NPCs: Not sure how much this entails, so I'll just say 7% for now.

Nominate: Chorus Kids x 5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't think Nintendo would consider putting a less popular character in with a more popular character when they are both developed by the same 3rd party company.
Wonder Red is a Nintendo IP though. That should make a difference.

:231:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Wonder Red - 30%

Perhaps I'm going a bit too high here, but The Wonderful 101 is a Nintendo IP. Other than that, the game's fanbase is relatively small although vocal for what they are. Wonder Red doesn't have too much else going for him, though he did get a trophy, which at least shows Sakurai acknowledges the game. Depending on just how vocal his fanbase and supporters are, maybe he truly will be considered as a fighter. (that is assuming he hasn't been already, though I rather doubt that he was).

Want - 70%

Yet another character that's not among my personal top picks, but I do think he has some good potential and I like his character design.

Nominations: Tetra x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Wonder Red

Chance - 12.5% - Sadly, his time has passed. His game, while having some amount of critical acclaim and being a hopeful new IP, ended up selling poorly and fell nearly forgotten. We have some representation in the game, though, so that should count for something. If they go get a sequel, thy're next game contenders for sure.

Want - 40% - I have the game. Only managed to beat the first boss, but still. I'd play more, but the game is kicking my butt even on normal mode. This is my first beat-em-up, after all. What I can say is this: Glorious Ham has never met such Amazing Cheese in such an epicly awesome manner. My god, this game makes the level just over-the-top enough.

However, a large part of the appeal, I feel, comes from throwing around weapons the size of small buildings. They make good Assist Trophies, but bringing them down to balance as playable characters would render their main appeal moot.

NPC Promotion Prediction - 11.34% - Who knows, but there are enough out there to make this seem not totally unreasonable.

Nominations
New Guidance Conversations X3
Anna (FE) X2

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Wonder Red:
Chance - I'll say around 30% - As stated before, The Wonderful 101 in spite of fairly poor sales has quite the following and is very popular among western audiences. Red is a 1st party character and could easily be the 'Pit' of this game so to speak, where his mere inclusion of smash brothers is enough to make a sequel a success. The Wonderful 101 got both music and is the only series without a playable character to get a full Trophy Box all its own. The love Sakurai has for this game is fairly clear, and with Kamiya and Platinum showing interest in making a sequel I feel Red would be a natural fit.

Want - 100% - There's literally no one I'd pick above Red, except for King K. Rool. The only reason for that is that K. Rool's been waiting for more than 10 years! The Wonderful 101 instantly became one of my favorite games of all time after playing it, Red's powers speak for themselves and he coudl easily make use of the other Wonderful One's powers if they really feel pressed for moves. He's an enormously unique character from an over the top game that fits a genre niche that none of Nintendo's other products do AND he'd be representing an entire new Nintendo IP. If any of you out there have supported Dillon or Inkling you have no excuse not to also support Wonder Red, just on principle.
Relevency and timing shouldn't be all that much of an issue, especially given that Pit was put in Brawl fresh off of a 15-20 year hiatus and the Ice Climbers in melee were much the same. It would be much much easier to breath life into TW101 as a series than it was to make a KI sequel. Besides, a good part of TW101's commercial failure was due to the lack of a Wii U install base at the time.

NPC Promotion - 15% - I feel like the only NPCs currently in Smash 4 who'd stand a chance of this realistically are Dark Samus and Waluigi. Maybe they'd get in as DLC at some point, but I feel they'd wait until the very last minute to change something like that.

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
& i sillt dont kno WHY he wasnt in the GAME 1st off to begin with like it doesnt make no sense cmon now how many Ppl knew of Captain Falcon & Ness When the 1ST Smash Game Dropped? no one knew what game they were from at all maybe a few selcted few new about Capt bein from F-Zero but cmon now Wonderful 101 was a DOPE ASS new IP but the funny thing is NO ONE really Wants new IP's but yet complain about Nintendo Not having any new IPS -.- its reall stupid if u ask me as for splatoon... i bet that game isnt gonna even last too long Mark my words but yea anyways .... rant over....

WONDERFUL 101 FOR SMASH HIS MOVESET WOULD BE DOPE & VERY DIVERSE WITH HIM BEING ABLE TO SWITCH UP HIS MOVES ALSO NOT TO MENTION EACH MOVE COULD BE A DIFF 1010 MEMBER OR BETTER YET HIS ALT COLORS WOULD BE A DIFF 101 MEMBER (sigh)..... id soo main him if he was in the game..... well... E3 & October has yet to tell the time Of WHO were Gonna get.... !!!

& i sillt dont kno WHY he wasnt in the GAME 1st off to begin with like it doesnt make no sense cmon now how many Ppl knew of Captain Falcon & Ness When the 1ST Smash Game Dropped? no one knew what game they were from at all maybe a few selcted few new about Capt bein from F-Zero but cmon now Wonderful 101 was a DOPE *** new IP but the funny thing is NO ONE really Wants new IP's but yet complain about Nintendo Not having any new IPS -.- its reall stupid if u ask me as for splatoon... i bet that game isnt gonna even last too long Mark my words but yea anyways .... rant over....

WONDERFUL 101 FOR SMASH HIS MOVESET WOULD BE DOPE & VERY DIVERSE WITH HIM BEING ABLE TO SWITCH UP HIS MOVES ALSO NOT TO MENTION EACH MOVE COULD BE A DIFF 1010 MEMBER OR BETTER YET HIS ALT COLORS WOULD BE A DIFF 101 MEMBER (sigh)..... id soo main him if he was in the game..... well... E3 & October has yet to tell the time Of WHO were Gonna get.... !!!
this uhh. isnt exactly an actual rating. The point of this thread is to give % chances and want ratings of the community and this doesnt exactly contribute to that goal.

put it down for a 101% want maybe?

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Wonder Red
Chance: 20%
Want: 20%
Sorry, I woud preffer Bayonetta... but he may be interesting. and with music from his game in smash, I confirm Isaac to be playable =P

NPC promotions
Prediction: 10%

Noms:
Bub/Bob 5x :bubblebobble:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Wonder Red:

Chance: 40%
W101 already has music in Smash as well as trophies. So, representation is already there, it's just a matter if they proceed to expand it with a character. I personally do not think it'll happen, but there's nothing that I can really think of that would hinder his chances.

Want: 2%
I have the game, but I have yet to actually open it and play it. It doesn't really interest me, but maybe that'll change when I finally play the game.

Nominations:
Paper Mario x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11

Tomorrow's concept refers to the promotion of:
Assist Trophies, Pokeballs, Bosses and other stage elements, roles that are already part of another character's moveset or Final Smash (i.e., Toad, Chrom, Riki).

This won't include regular trophies, as those aren't NPCs, considering they aren't functioning characters, just collectibles. Besides, we already know characters with regular trophies can be promoted. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Wonder Red chances: 7%
Unfortunately I don't think Wonder Red's chances are that great; sure he has a shot, but I think he's unlikely. Generally when a new series gets playable representation it means that it is established enough as one of Nintendo's flagship series or, in some cases (most notably Mother and Xenoblade), there's a clearly foreseeable future about the series becoming important for Nintendo. Considering the low sales, I'm not sure Nintendo currently has plans to promote The Wonderful 101 IP further. That said, the game was apparently big enough of a deal to get all its seven core playable characters appearing in the Wii U version as trophies, including two of them unlocked through challenges, and its own trophy case (something no other game without a playable character in Smash can claim), which may mean Sakurai has at least some interest in The Wonderful 101. Considering Smash often makes series more popular than how they previously were (which is clearly shown by how Nintendo is apparently promoting Xenoblade from a cult classic title to what's basically going to be their flagship action-RPG series), maybe The Wonderful 101 could get playable representation in Smash and become Nintendo's flagship hack 'n' slash game series, especially considering they currently don't really have one, and considering the game's fair recency the timing seems good enough before it gets forgotten... but that's in all honesty a big "if". The support for Wonder Red is also there, but will it be enough to stand out in the Ballot's results?

Wonder Red want: 74.4%
Okay I'll stop to cut drastically my want scores every time we're rating someone, sure it will suck if I can't use DLC characters with customs on but I'm 90% confident Sakurai will at the very least acknowledge the issue and explain why he didn't give custom moves to Mewtwo, and I still keep hope until the next update; custom moves are admittedly not necessary to make the characters functional and it would make sense to put them low priority and release them later than the character itself if the case of time constraints. That said, the possibility of characters never getting custom moves for whatever reason annoys me enough to still cut my want scores, though I don't want it to harm my want scores to extreme levels anymore, so I'll cut my want scores by "just" 20% now, and supporting DLC characters to get custom moves will still be my priority over any specific character.

And for the want score itself, Wonder Red is one of my favourite choices for a DLC newcomer, though not as much as other characters such as King K. Rool or Rayman. The Wondeful 101 has a great fun, very fast-paced gameplay and some very clever uses of the Gamepad; despite some flaws, it's really a great game. I also beaten it on normal mode and with better knowledge of the gameplay and access to all signature unite morphs right off the bat hard mode becomes even more fun; I currently did better results in hard than normal! (But considering I didn't go back to normal mode...). The variety of moves and weapons also opens a lot of room for creativity, especially if you allow Red to get the signature weapons of his teammates à la Ness; plus exactly in the original game, he could have a unique gimmick allowing him to use either weak and fast attacks to rack up damage through combos or slow, powerful attacks which could be used either for punishing or as a combo finisher, which would definitely be awesome.

Any NPC becomes playable prediction: 32.83%
I have absolutely now idea about how will do this concept, so I just took the average chances score from everyone we've rated so far.

Nominating: considering I'm no longer cutting my want scores as drastically as I used to do, no need to nominate what I used to nominate anymore!

Playable newcomer: Call of Duty soldier x2
Concept: Blue-Eyes White Dragon Assist Trophy x1
Concept: Grand Theft Auto stage x1
Concept: Super Smash Bros. themed amusement park x1

Okay just kidding, I'll still nominate the concept I'm trying to make reach the top of the nomination list.
Concept: DLC characters get custom moves (including Mewtwo through patching) x5
Though the later concept would admittedly be interesting to rate when I think about it...

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Wonder Red:

Chance - 20%
Same as every other middle-of-the-road first party choice. He's got meme status on places like 4chan that are sure to crank the votes out for him in greater quantities than for, say, Impa, but he's still a one-off from a poorly-selling game, so that might cause lesser-scoring MOR candidates to be chosen over him as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a DLC Assist Trophy, if those became possible.

Want - 15%
Mostly for the W101 music he could bring.

NPC Promotions Prediction - 12.5%

Nominate Chorus Kids/Men x5

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Wonder Red:
Chance: 15%
This guy is on shaky ground. Sakurai included 6 trophies for this guy, and 2 songs from his game. Then why wasn't Wonder Red included. I would hazard a guess that Sakurai didn't want to include him since he wasn't a well-established character. His first game, while somewhat good, was not a sales success, and so he's not very noticable. Furthermore, he only has one game. He is not a well-established character. Most newcomers have been from game series with multiple games, the only exception being retro characters and Shulk. However, unlike Shulk, Wonder Red doesn't have as much of a cult following. Sure, there are supporters, but it's not a mass movement of Nintendo fans. If he gets another game, he'll be in a much better position, but he needs more notoriety first.
Want: 50% I played a demo at GameStop. It wasn't really my cup of tea, but I understand why people want him in the game.

NPC Prediction: 20.3%

Nominate Ryu x5

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Guys, the amount of trophies (and thus the trophy box) is probably because W101 literally has onehundred playable characters and plenty major ones, not necessarily because it's such a big franchise.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Wonder Red Chance:
15%
Again like with Isaac's and Ray's situation, Wonder Red has to unfortunately face the consequences on not having a probable future in the view of Sakurai. Wonder Red may have the moveset ready and and he may have a surprisingly phenomenal game, and he might have a pretty good amount of requests in the ballot department, but it won't change the fact his game did pretty badly in terms of financial success. (Which is forever ingrained in many people's minds now)

And no, I don't see him having trophies and songs changing his chances in any way, as those models of the Wonderful 101 and the songs are easy to port and easy to make as trophies, they aren't a big of a hint as people might assume.

The only real cling of hope that can happen is if Sakurai decides that the game's merits are enough to include him as a character, but I doubt that will be the case. That and if a sequel ends up being announced, I could see him rising up a bit in the priority list.

Wonder Red Want:
90%
I want him pretty badly in Smash, however I want to beat the game first before I can say he's one of my wanted. It's extremely saddening to know Wonder Red has to be in a position like this. Just based on the game and it's merits alone, he should be in Smash now.

NPC Prediction:
21.567% Based on the people rating here, I'm probably betting on a pretty high rating.

Nominations:
x5 Young Link

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Character Chance Ratings

1: Wolf - 97.5%
2: Rayman - 60%
3: Snake - 55%
4: Inkling - 50%
5: Sceptile - 45%
5: Krystal - 45%
6: Dixie Kong - 43%
7: Wonder Red - 40%
8: Impa - 40.5%
9: Ice Climbers - 30%
10: Captain Toad - 30%
11: Quote - 21.5%
12: Shovel Knight - 20%
13: Shantae - 20.5%

Character Want Ratings

1: Shovel Knight - 100%
1: Wolf - 100%
2: Sceptile - 90.5%
3: Shantae - 87%
4: Wonder Red - 86.5%

5: Snake - 85%
5: Impa - 85%
6: Ice Climbers - 80%

7: Inkling - 30%
8: Rayman - 25%
9: Quote - 23%

10: Krystal - 20%
10: Dixie Kong - 20%
11: Captain Toad: 5.5%

Concept Chance Ratings

1: Any NPC Becomes Playable - ??.??%
Concept Want Ratings

1: Any NPC Becomes Playable - ??.??%

Abstains (Inactivity)

King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie
Isaac

Abtsains (Indifference)

n/A

~ ~

WONDEEEER, RATE!

Wonder Red

Chance - 40%: Wonder Red has an interesting probability case, to say the least. A lot of factors make him a bit more convincing for being middle-of-the-road whilst his series dwindles in obscurity & mixed reception.

Let's take a look at how The Wonderful 101 is doing. We all know that it's considered a commercial flop, selling 23M with overwhelming support in North America. The Wii U was lacking killer apps and had a severely-diminished install base at its time of release. Some people have praised it as one of the gems of the Wii U, whilst other can't get over the awkward controls & gameplay. You can see that TW101, or even Wonder Red's, appeal is pretty divided. If we're to look at this from a popularity and relevancy standpoint, it means that a bunch of potential fans have either been lost or alienated from him. Not at all that his game wasn't profitable enough to affect his Smash chances. Why do you think we have Earthbound and Fire Emblem?

Yet by Smash Wii U, they have a very noticeable appearance via extra content as soundtracks and an entire Trophy Box with 7 total characters collectable. It's almost as if TW101 is the Animal Crossing of Smash 4, in that they have a fair amount of content represented without a playable character (this time, without a stage or logo, however.) Maybe this can point to a possible case for Sakurai considering Wonder Red as a playable character. Besides, Wonder Red would be less complicated to include with his 2nd party status (after all, Pikachu, Kirby, and Marth are some examples of mainstay 2nd parties) and I'm sure Kamiya would give the go-ahead with his adoration of the Smash series. I'm sure he'd feel honored for such a grandiose opportunity and even thankful to those abhorrent Smash idiots around his Twitter.

Wonder Red's fan support is very vocal and localized. His support is pretty high in the West, specifically the US. I see him break an average of Top 10-20. But since the Ballot is international and their are many more characters who possess leagues worth of power above him. Unfortunately, the area I see him score in makes it even more uncertain if we don't know how many DLC characters we're getting. Imagining this from my estimates, we'd probably have to get another whole year's worth of DLC characters for him to join the battle. And I'm only going by Western polls.

Wonder Red already has a great load of material to incorporate into a memorable moveset, brimming with cartoony and surreal attacks expected of Nintendo's creative charm. Even without straining the game by HAVING 100+ FREAKIN' MASKED-RANDOS WANDERING AROUND THE STAGE AT ONCE, his gimmicks still work and represent faithfully. If Sakurai really cared about having that element in the game, he could have the other Wonderful Ones appear briefly before damage and special hitboxes manifest on his attacks. Maybe they could even disperse in a comedic flinging of bodies if Wonder Red's Unite Morph attacks get interrupted or fail! A clever way to node to TW101's mechanics would to give Wonder Red a Morph Battery meter that increases the size and power of his Unite specials depending on certain conditions, which would of course multiply the Wonderful Ones that show up.

Right off the bat, Wonder Red has the Unite Hand and all the combos and functions it lends itself to, such as charging thrusts and extended grapple attacks. Unite Guts and Unite Spring lend well for recovery, mobility, and defense specials too. Shocking Red and Victory Torpedoes can even be thrown in for the heck of versatility (and to sting at Viewtiful Joe fans!)

Want - 86.5%: I'd be pretty excited with Wonder Red's inclusion. His sleek superhero look and moveset possibilities already make me laud his support. Why I don't throw a vote behind him is because there's other characters I would much rather have, if it came down to it. Also, The Wonderful 101 is a new franchise to save for Smash 5. I want to avoid them as much as possible for this installment.

I already own TW101 and the initial impressions of Wonder Red feel cool. My backlog is too bogged for me to commit playtime to it. Someday soon, I'll probably have better appreciation for the character and have a better idea of what he can do.

Going back to my early point about Animal Crossing, The Wonderful 101 has the potential to become a staple Nintendo franchise for it's hack-n-slash niche. Animal Crossing was Nintendo's staple life sim that started out very obscure and even was regarded with scorn for casuals after a while *cough*E32008*COUGH*. But look how prominent that franchise grew over a decade, with New Leaf being a commercial and critical success along with Smash Bros. & Mario Kart appearances.

That is, if Platnium and Nintendo can collect their confidence after enduring disappointing financial straits. The game plays off as a self-aware pastiche of comic book & superhero tropes, whilst celebrating them at the same time. TW101 has that nuanced formula within its genre that it's hasn't really been done before. Sure, you can draw comparisons to Pikmin or Viewtiful Joe as influences. Yet they don't end up being emulated (like many 'retro' games I see nowadays) rather than rearranged into a creative, unique form. Also, the gameplay incorporates the Wii U Gamepad in some of the best ways I've seen so far. Perhaps only behind Pikmin 3. This game is spooling with ambition that could make it into a great series.

WONDEEEER, PREDICT!

*Concept: Any NPC Becomes Playable

Chance - 50.45%
Want - 76.98%

WONDEEEER, NOMINATE!

*Concept: No DLC Characters After Fighter Ballot x3
Galacta Knight x2

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I WONDER how good or bad this guy'll do
Chance: 30%
Wonderful 101 has trophies and music in Smash, plus Sakurai likes the game. He's only had one, and no sequel has been announced, so he's not very likely.

Want: 55%
I haven't played much of his game, but what I did play I enjoyed. So sure, why not?

Concept: Any NPC becomes playable
Prediction: hmmmmm... 22%

Nominations:
9-Volt x5

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Wonder Red
Chance: 25%
Has some good support behind him and overall has a decent shot. People want new franchises represented, and he could be one, seeing as he's not 3rd Party. It's unclear on if Nintendo want to pursue the series further, but it got a game with a pretty good fan following. I always see him high up on the ballots, which is his biggest strength. Moveset potential is there, and he's recent. I know Nintendo could put him in all by themselves if they wanted to since they own him, but I imagine they might want to consult his devs, which could lead to trouble seeing the stuff Kamiya has said. All in all, he has a shot, but not a great one. He just kind of seems in the middle. He has votes, but not enough the win the ballot. He has relevance, but it's unclear if Nintendo want to pursue the franchise further. He's owned by Nintendo, but his devs could still stand in his way. Definition of a middling character if you ask me.

Want: 5%
Would be cool to get him, as he'd no doubt be original. That said I own the game, played the first level, and never touched it again. I'm not writing it off, but from what I played, it wasn't all that interesting. I'll give it another chance one of these days, but it left a pretty bad first impression on me.

NPC Becomes Playable Prediction: 10%

Nominations:
RH Character x3
Themed Stage Packs x2

Also a side note, please don't take a low chance/want score as a personal attack against you or your beliefs. We have our own opinions for a reason, if everyone agreed with everyone this wouldn't exactly be all that fun. I see this all the time and it's pretty annoying/sad to see

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
Wonder red chance: 10%
I just don't see it happening

Wonder red want: 0.01%
I don't really like his design and his voice was kinda annoying.

NPC prediction: 14.01%

Anthony Higgs x5

Last edited:

MatvaradoxD

Smash Cadet
Wonder Red
Chance: 30%
Red has a fair chance since he has music, trophies, and Kamiya and Sakurai have a good relationship as well.

Want: 40%
I thought he'd be a great addition to the roster when I first seen his design and Wonderful 101 was an awesome game. Hopefully they could work something out.

Prediction
Concept of NPC's being playable: 10%

Nominations:
Slippy Toad x5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Wonder Red
Chance: 23%
It's certainly possible, but I can't help but feel he's unlikely. He only has one game in his franchise, and the future of said franchise is unclear. If he has enough voters backing him, I could see him getting considered. At the same time I keep thinking that he is a relatively unknown character being from a newer IP that didn't get enough advertising, and I have a feeling they're most likely going to aim for more recognizable faces to sell as DLC in Smash. He definitely has potential as a playable character though. If The Wonderful 101 starts getting sequels I think we'll see Wonder Red playable in a Smash game soon enough, but for a DLC rating I'll give him a score of 23%.
His circumstances just don't feel right at the moment...

Want: 15%
I got a download code from Club Nintendo to download The Wonderful 101, but I haven't yet because I want to get an external hard drive for my Wii U before I do. Maybe after I get a chance to play the game, I'll want him a little more.

Prediction - Playable NPC's: 19.4%

Nominations:
x3 Toon Zelda
x2 Tetra

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
HI I'M BACK

I'm going to give quick ratings for everything I missed just for fun. No explanations or anything unless they're re-rated or something.

Impa's chances: 30%
Want: 50%

Shantae's chances: 1%
Want: 0%

Inklings' chances: 40%
Want: 55%

Rayman's chances: 20%
Want: 70%

Snake's chances: 30%

Wolf's chances: 99%
Want: 100%

Shovel Knight's chances: .5%

Quote's chances: 1%
Want: 5%

Ice Climbers' chances: 10%
Want: 100%

Sceptile's chances: 5%

And onto today's character!

Wonder Red's chances: 15%

I don't really have much to say here. It's possible, and his game got a good amount of content in Smash, but it's not the most successful game out there.

I have his game. It's ok, but to be honest Wonder Red really isn't someone that seems like he'd be a particularly interesting smasher to me. New franchises being represented are always nice, though, so I'll leave it as a neutral.

I'll go back to predictions and nominations starting tomorrow.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Look, up in the sky! Is it a bird? A plane?

No! It's- *slapped with copyright infringement notice*

--

Wonder Red

What is up with Platinum Games and commercial bombs? Everything they make ends up critically acclaimed, yet never sells worth a damn. The Wonderful 101 turned out to be no exception, as whether through obscurity, through not catching on with gamers, or because it came too early in the Wii U's cycle and didn't have the install base yet, The Wonderful 101 is already falling into obscurity, with only a cult following. Fan support has flagged as well, as Wonder Red is lucky to show up in the Top 15 in most unofficial polls, often not even breaking the Top 25. Odds are it's less about "winning" the ballot and more about getting enough nominations for the dev team to take a look, but Wonder Red isn't even coming close so far.

Furthermore, there're other things that could complicate matters. In the game itself, the Wonderful Ones' attacks are huge even in their smallest sizes, designed to take out gigantic foes or clear out huge crowds of enemies. Translating those into Smash in a balanced way could be difficult while managing to keep it true to character. Furthermore, shrinking the morphs down would be hard to justify, as the morphs are made of other heroes. There may be something I'm missing here, but it puts Wonder Red in a difficult situation as far as creating a moveset goes.

There is a silver (platinum?) lining here, though. The Wonderful 101 is a Nintendo-owned IP, giving Wonder Red a leg (hand?) up on any third party characters who'd be more difficult to get the rights for and to collaborate on. If the Unite Morphs can be implemented in a way that works, Wonder Red's moveset potential would actually be rather high. And of course, there're the trophies already in the Wii U version, meaning the series has its foot in the door already.

But to have more of a chance...the fans will need to unite.

Want: Abstain

The Wonderful 101 is yet another game I haven't had the chance to play. I did a decent amount of research (and wound up getting sidetracked and watching a ton of gameplay >_>), enough to get an idea of how Wonder Red would function, but I still don't feel like I know enough.

Prediction for the concept of NPC Characters Being Promoted to Playable: 30.13%
Another one that's hard to call. I have a feeling we'll see a major correlation between chance and want ratings in this one.

Nominations: Paper Mario x5
You know one thing this version of Mario has that the regular Mario doesn't use? A whole lot of hammer techniques.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Wonder red

Chances: 15%

I didn't play the wonderful 101 and I reckon Bayonetta has a better chance to get in smash bros if they tone her down. Wonder red looks like he has potential. I read a lot of the posts here and I believe they said a lot. I'm not big on this character and it certainly does not help that I didn't play the game.

Want: 10%

He is cool, but not cool enough to be a newcomer for me.

Nominations: KOS-MOS X5. Support our cause.

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Wonder Red
Don't have time and am way too tired atm, so no explanations.
Want: 35%
NPC Prediction: 16.8 %
Nominations: Ray (Custom Robo) x5

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Wonder Red

Chance: 25%

He has potential ... but the character remains unpopular even with all the support it has received on the subject of Smash DLC.

Not my most anticipated character, but just think he would be a pretty fun character to play.

Predictions:

NPC promotions: 30%

Nominations:

Micaiah x2
Tiki x2
Kos-mos x1

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Wonder Red:

Chance: 33%

Depends entirely on whether the series evolves with sequels and continues to be a Nintendo brand. If there's plans for the future then chances are it'll make an appearance.

Want: 65%

Wonderful 101 is the game that filled the gap for many Wii U owners between launch and the more high profile Nintendo releases. It's a good game and the characters have a unique attribute for them to bring to a fighting game.

NPC Promotions:

Prediction: 40%

I don't get why people think they'd hold off on a character because they have an assist trophy. An assist trophy means that there's already a move of some sort to build upon within the smash universe. I know a lot of assist trophies aren't the kind of thing you can build a moveset around, but it sets the theme of their character within this game genre. Not to mention who care's about removing a person who has a chance of showing up to do 1 thing if it replaces with a character to play with who can do many things. Assist Trophies are a dime a dozen, they're easy to replace with a new one for another character and they're easy to remove without affecting the game in a major way.

That said, people use it as an excuse so I'm predicting a lower score.

Vote: 5x Advance Wars character

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Wonderful 101
Chance: 15% - I feel his game could have been a lot more succesful had Nintendo promoted it as much as they promoted Splatoon. Unfortunately as it is now, I don't see this franchise having much of a future. The main thing Wonder Red has going for him is his decent popularity in the west.
Want: 65% - I have actually played Wonderful 101 all the way through. It's pretty good game, I would like for it get more recognition.

Playable NPC prediction: 17%

Nominations: Henry Fleming x5

UNITE END OF DAY
PLEASE WAIT AS I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Last edited:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
WONDEEEER, RATE![/SIZE]

Wonder Red

Chance - 40%: Wonder Red has an interesting probability case, to say the least. A lot of factors make him a bit more convincing for being middle-of-the-road whilst his series dwindles in obscurity & mixed reception.

Let's take a look at how The Wonderful 101 is doing. We all know that it's considered a commercial flop, selling 23M with overwhelming support in North America.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
WONDER RED
CHANCE: 26.31%
WANT: 46.82%
Wonder Red managed to pull off a decent score, maybe he can overcome the odds. Next up we're rating our first concept: can an AT, Pokeball, Stage hazard, or Smash Run enemy really become playable? Please rate how likely you think an NPC is to become playable. Also please predict what score Henry Fleming of Code Name S.T.E.A.M. will get tomorrow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom