• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Dan Hibiki

Chance: 0%
Want: 5%

- If we're going for joke characters, I think FF's Gilgamesh would be a better candidate.

Chin

Chance & Want: Abstain

Predictions

Asuka: 0.4%
SSB4 DLC in Vanilla SSB5: 39.9%

Nominations

Wario Land Stage x3
Volga (Hyrule Warriors) x2

Laniv

Smash Lord
Oh boy...

Chance and Want for all:

Predictions for Asuka: 0% Chance, 0.1% Want
Predictions for SSB4 DLC in vanilla SSB5: 37% Chance, 83% Want

Nominate Roll x 5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Dan
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

He was created as a mockery from Capcom since SNK created characters that looked similar to Ryu.
If we were to have a joke character, I prefer Pichu of all characters.

Listen this for effect
The year 2015 has arrived.
A herd of ugly Double Zeroes.
are rushing in from the
Smash World Forums.
Crime rate skyrocketed!
Rate Their Chances is ruined!
Therefore, the head of the Directory
called Bruce Lee's relative Jackie Chan- I mean "Chin"
for the massacre of the Double Zeroes.
Chin is a highly likely character.
Wipe out all 1.2 billion of the Double Zeroes!
However, in the Smash World Forums
there was a secret project
in progress! A project to
transform the disconfirmed Krum into an ultimate weapon!

*Chin gets hit*
Oh... it's game over. Chin is done.

He wasn't likely anyway. I mean... his game is obscure, terrible, and unlicensed... no one can even find a physical copy of the game. And Chin looks exactly like Jackie Chan, which would cause some issues for Nintendo. He also isn't requested.
And I don't want him.
Double Zeroes

Asuka Prediction: 0%

Who?
SSB4 DLC in Vanilla Smash 5 Prediction: 37.44%
I am pretty doubtful that we will get every DLC character back, especially Ryu.

Nominations: Yoshi's Story 5x

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
This is ridiculous, why are we even doing this anymore?

Dan's Chance: 0%
Even if we get a third Capcom character and a second Street Fighter, there are far too many more eligible, iconic and popular characters to choose from before Dan is even a blip on the radar. His best chance was an alternate coloration for Ryu but that train has gone now.

Dan's Want: 0%
I'm all for another Street Fighter, but it should be someone like Chun Li, Bison or Zangief.

----------

Chin's Chance: Disqualified
Characters from unlicensed games are as eligible as a Sonic OC on Deviantart. Even Shrek and Goku stand a better chance.

Chin's Want: You Have Got To Be Kidding Me
Everytime I think the suggestions cannot get any lower, we get another waste of time like this. It's not funny and hasn't been for a long time. We might as well rate Sonichu at the rate this thread is going...

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Dan
Chance: 0.1%
Abstain from explanation. I'll give the pink warrior a small score of 0.1%.
I don't get it...

Want: 0.1%
Abstain from explanation.

Chin
Chance: 0.01%
Abstain from explanation. I'll give he who doesn't even matter a score of 0.01%.
I really don't get it...

Want: 0.1%
Abstain from explanation.

Nominations:
x5 !Rerate: Toon Zelda
Since @Xenoking wants to rerate her, I guess I'll help get her up there.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Dan
Chance: 1%
Meh, we already have a Street Fighter character and IF they wanted to add another one, they have far more interesting and iconic ones to choose from.

Want: 25%
I have nothing against joke characters. >w>

Chin: 0%
He's pretty much a no-name character that a rare few would know about.

Want: 1%
If you want obscure and/or older characters, you can ask me, I literally have a list of them. >w>

Predictions:
Asuka from Senran Kagura: 0.1%
SSB4 DLC in vanilla SB5: 55.5%

Nomination:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Rep x5

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Troykv

Smash Master
Dan:

Many problems

Want: Abstain

Chin

Zeroes... Double zeroes.

Predictions:

Azuka: 0.6%
Smash DLC in Vanilla Smash 5: 23.1%

Nominations...

Troykv Troykv wins for Lloyd; Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma , AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 , and Zerp Zerp win for Fawful.

Asuka prediction: 0.03%
Abstain from the other prediction.

Nominations: Saki x15
I still have save it 20/nominations... Right?

Because I will use the 20 + 5 + 5 now.

No DK Reps for DLC x24
Rerate!Tiki x3
Ayumi Tachibana x3

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Predictions
Asuka: 0% who even is this? These predictions need to come with a reference so I actually know who I'm voting on.
A character from a series of beat em ups called Senran Kagura. The games are actually decently popular despite their mixed reviews and the main series (Not the Versus games or Bon Appetit spinoff) are Nintendo exclusive.

Why don't you stop by my support topic and everything about the SK games are explained in the opening paragraph.

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
QUADRUPLE ZEROES

Predictions:
DLC in vanilla 5mash 54.32%
Azuka: 0.78%

Noms:
Maxwell (Scribblenauts) x5

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Did you guys know that zero times four equals zero?
Crazy stuff.

Predictions:
Smash DLC in vanilla 5: 20%
Asuka: 1%

Nominations: Rerate! Dark Matter x 15

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Dan

Chance - 0% - We already have Ryu!

Want - 0% - A joke character's a joke character.

Chin

Chance - 0% - ...Do I need to explain?

Want - 0% - Ugh...

Predictions -

Asuka - 0.02% - She's NSFW!

DLC in vanilla 5 - 61.34% - Who knows?

Nominations

SSB5 has 3rd party cuts X5

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've got a date with Fatal Frame tonight with my girl, so let's get this show on the road.

Dan

Chance - 0% - Hell no, you think the Street Fighter fans would be happy about something like this? And I don't recall anyone wanting Dan in Smash at all.

Want - 0% - Hercule stomps him into oblivion. Plus I'd rather have MANY other Street Fighter characters over a pink loser like him. Come at me Dan fanboys!

Chin

Chance - 0% - Even the likes of CDI Link have a better chance than this....

Want - 0% - In the words of Panty, what the ****?

Predictions -

Asuka - 0 - Not well known and non-anime Smash fans would be disturbed by her character. And doesn't the creator prefer Sony's technology over Nintendo's?

DLC in vanilla 5 - 54% - I don't care either way.

Nominations: Lanky Kong
x5

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sigh, tomorrow will truly be a dark day.

Dan

Chance - 0% - Everything my love said is spot on about Mr. Hibiki's position. He's not well liked and he doesn't have many ballot requests.

Want - 0% - Chun Li >>>>>>> Poison >>>>>>Juri >>>>>> The Street Fighter 2 cast >>>>>>>>> over everyone else >>>>>>>> Dan. Nuff said.

Chin

Chance - 0% - Nothing needs to be said.

Want - 0% - Never cared for Jackie Chan ripoffs/homages and never will. Even the Jack Chan Adventures show sucked....

Predictions -

Asuka - 0 - I'm prepared for the worst. Many of you are obviously going to dismiss Senran Kagura as a fanservice game and say that her situation is worse than Bayonetta's.

DLC in vanilla 5 - 47% - I've got nothing.

Nominations: Bayonetta Rerate x10
Yes, I am seriously going to head in that direction.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Dan was dismissing his students from his dojo after a day's practice. Once all of his students are gone, he heads back to his dojo to close the doors for the day. The camera suddenly pans back as it is revealed that we are seeing this through some sort of crystal in an unknown world, called the Reverse World, and a voice speaks during that moment.

Zero: "Future Street Fighters, Dan won't tarnish your skills any more."

^This is a reference to a quote Zero says in Pokemon Movie 11. At one point in the movie, Zero says, "My lovely Reverse World, they won't tarnish its beauty again." This quote also alludes to how Dan is seen as a joke fighter in the Street Fighter games who was able to head his own dojo after beating Sagat, and I think you know what that means for all of his students there. Yep, Zero made a good move.

A large pink blade suddenly destroy the crystal into pieces, and we see that it was coming from the same metallic air ship that sent Oliver flying into the lake indirectly. The next scene shows Dan's dojo getting destroyed by an unexpected blast, as well as Dan flying high into the sky until he is only a twinkle due to the force from the explosion.

We now see what looks like the oddest video game in existence being played, and accompanying it is some really annoying music. Yet again, the camera zooms behind to reveal that this is a reflection from a crystal in the same unknown world (we'll call it the Reverse World).

Zero: *Evilly laughs* "Look at you all in your pathetic, filthy game! Disappear all of you!"

^This quote is almost exactly identical to a quote Zero says in the 11th Pokemon movie. The only difference is that Zero says "world" instead of "game".

The large pink blade emerges from beneath the air ship as it proceeds to destroy the crystal. We then see an explosion completely obliterate that incredibly odd and horrid-looking game that we have just witnessed in front of our eyes.

The next shows the same air ship that was responsible for sending Dan flying and destroying that "horrid-looking-game-that-shall-not-be-named" coming to a flying stand still. The camera then proceeds to zoom in towards a door coming from behind the ship as the same person responsible for the attacks can be heard speaking.

Zero: "The Reverse World's true power will forever shine through!"

^Direct quote from Zero in the 11th Pokemon movie.

And by the time the camera zooms in close enough, the same ominous music from a few days ago plays again, and the figure responsible for the attacks (and the one who was just speaking) is revealed to be...

Considering that Zero finished off two characters today, let that signify quadruple zeroes. In fact, this is the first time I'm even giving a quadruple zero score.

To mark this historic occasion (as well as the fact this is a day where the number truly deserves to be pronounced), I'm going to leave another quadruple zero joke I was very close to doing for today. You can find it in the spoilers tag below.

So we've reached the 300th page. Time to play some music to celebrate!

^This is one of the most famous boss music from the Dance Dance Revolution series. It's fitting for today since we've reached the 300th page on this thread. Coincidentally, there are also two zeroes that can be found on the number 300. You know what that means? Double Zeroes.

Let this song play twice. That way, it will signify quadruple zeroes. In fact, today is the first time I'm giving a quadruple zero score.

Okay, time to get to the rating.

Dan Hibiki

Regarding Chance:

Dan is third party and has no ballot support, and if were to get another Street Fighter rep, the next in line will either go to Ken, Chun-Li, or M. Bison because they are all more important, popular, and iconic to the Street Fighter games. Yes, Dan is remembered for being the joke character from his games, but I think that also hurts his chances. Putting a character like him would be a complete slap in the face for all Smash Bros fans, and it was also be a slap in the face for all the Street Fighters fan who would most likely want the 3 higher priority SF characters to be the second SF rep.

Regarding Want:

I believe Dan would be a lousy addition to the Smash Bros roster for reasons previously stated, especially when there are far more deserving characters from the Street Fighter series (aka Ken, Chun-Li, and M.Bison) that deserve to be in the games first.

Chin

Regarding Chance:

Funny, I did my research on the character today by watching the Angry Video Game Nerd's episode on that game, and that was enough to tell me why this character has no chance.

Not only is Chin third party, essentially obscure in the modern gaming world (who was only released in Japan 20 years ago for that matter) and has zero ballot support, he also comes from a game that is notoriously horrible for its quality, and that same game is also unlicensed. Well technically, it was developed and licensed by HappySoft, and its their most iconic work according to AVGN. Yep, I think all of this information is enough to sum up why Chin would be a horrible addition as the next third party rep.

And if we want to go even further, Chin is technically Jackie Chan from Wheels on Meals, so we are also talking about legal issues if Chin were to be included.

Regarding Want:

I'll let the Nostalgic Critic sum up what I think about seeing Chin in Smash Bros.

Seriously, why would Chin even be considered for Smash when there are far more deserving 3rd party characters to choose from.

Predictions:

Asuka (Senran Kagura): 0.03%
SSB4 DLC in the vanilla SSB5: 40.32%

Nominations:

Spear Pillar: x5

Last edited:

Spikeez

Smash Cadet
-Dan Hibiki

Chance: 0%

Unless he is an AT as the Goldeen of ATs he has no chance of joining Smash.

Want: 0%
No thanks, Pichu was enough for me.

-Chin

Chance and Want: 0%
I don't even think the company who made this is alive. Literally no Chance.

Smash 4 DLC in vanilla Smash 5 prediction: 64%

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Sorry I'm late, I just didn't care about these two
Quadruple Zeroes
Nominations: Full Ballot Results Revealed

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
DAN
CHANCE: 0.05
WANT: 5.66

CHIN
CHANCE: 0.00
WANT: 7.96

Next up we're rating Asuka from the infamous Senran Kagura and the concept of SSB4 DLC characters appearing in SSB5. Also please predict what score Saki and the concept of us getting 7+ DLC characters will get tomorrow.

Smasher 101 Smasher 101 You can go ahead and give 10 nominations to the people who got Chin right. I don't think we'll be getting too many pure zeroes.

D

Deleted member

Asuka

Double Zeroes.png

SSB4 DLC Characters Appearing in SSB5

Chance: 50%

This could go either way.

Want: 100%

Sure!

Predictions:

Saki - 0.1%

7+ DLC Characters - 86.5%

Nominations: Toon Zelda x5

Asuka: Chance: 0% Want: 2%

I've never heard of this character or game, tbh. From the material I've been able to find, it looks like something hard to imagine crossing into Nintendo's properties; but then again, so did Metal Gear.

Smash 4 DLC in Smash 5: Chance: 50%; Want: 100%

I'm thinking that by the time the distant Smash 5 releases and also features DLC, the team will not want to do the same characters like Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy etc all over again. I can practically hear the fanbase groaning from over five years in the future if that were to happen.

So, it's either appear in the base game, or be lost to the times. Cuts are inevitable, but I don't want them to cut Mewtwo and Roy just to make us buy them separately again. Also, characters who make it in by popular ballot request deserve to be permanent additions to the cast, because of the nature of their selection.

Predictions: 3.13% for Saki; 85% for 7 or more DLC characters.

Nominations: 5 for cut third-party characters in Smash 5.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

SSB4 DLC Characters in SSB5
Chance:
10%

I can't see them all return. Maybe Mewtwo will return in the base game, I am unsure about Roy and Lucas, and Ryu might be a one and done sort of thing. So, I will keep this rating low.
Want: Abstain
Depends on the future DLC characters. There will be some that I will love and others that I want to be cut entirely.
For now, I want Mewtwo to return and I wouldn't mind Ryu making a comeback.

Asuka
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

So she comes from a super fanservicey game? ...This will cause a lot more controversy and including her would be a lot more difficult than Bayonetta for this reason.
I don't want her. I have absolutely no plans on buying this game.

7+ DLC Characters Prediction: 77.77%
I think people are starting to view this as likely.
Saki Prediction: 2.83%
Might get some high scores.

Nominations: Yoshi's Story 15x

Last edited by a moderator:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
I can't see them all return.
I think it's for any number at all to appear again.

SSB4 DLC in SSB5

Chance - 83.5% - Quite certain, actually. At minimum, I can see the ballot characters saying. I can also see Mewtwo and Lucas staying.

Want - 80% - I like most of the characters released, so why not?

Asuka

Chance - 0% - ...If Thraja can't even get a trophy, why would she get in?

Want - 0% - Ick.

7+ DLC characters - 75.5% - Looking more likely by the day...

Saki - 1.35% - Poor guy...

Ignore, I won again.

Nominatoins

SSB5 has third party cuts X15

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The character boards are closing soon.
I prepose that we start rating on the bigger, more important characters and concepts after this day and rate three characters a day. Before RTC ends, we should rate characters like King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, the Inklings, Wolf, among others one more time.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Asuka - 1% Chance, 0% Want
There's no way we're getting an Evangelion character, she doesn't originate from a video game.
Oh wait we're talking about a different Asuka? Well t's not like she's much more likely.

SSB4 DLC characters appearing in SSB5 - 70% Chance, 50% Want
It makes sense for them to appear again. As Ice Climbers show though, things can go wrong. :/
I don't really care too much for anyone already included as DLC outside of Lucas and Ryu right now anyway.

Nominations - Toon Zelda x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Alright guys as soon as the character boards close this thread ends, we're not taking it to a group. honestly all the massive rants on the Isaac thread against RTC that I had displeasure of finding today have pretty much left me not wanting to continue.

I want to give my deepest thanks to everyone on this thread who stuck by it so long. I think it's really amazing that we were able to last 300 pages and six months, even as we hit the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of characters to rate.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Alright guys as soon as the character boards close this thread ends, we're not taking it to a group. honestly the all the massive rants on the Isaac thread against RTC that I had displeasure of finding today have pretty much left me not wanting to continue.

I want to give my deepest thanks to everyone on this thread who stuck by it so long. I think it's really amazing that we were able to last 300 pages and six months, even as hit the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of characters to rate.
Sorry if we were particularly brutal about our complaints about how the thread slowly fell apart. It was particularly enjoyable in the early days, but perhaps the next time the opportunity for a Rate Their Chances thread, there will probably be a much less defensive community that would be willing to participate. I think it had to do with the mentality that because character speculation has become so uncertain, everyone became more defensive and not willing to actually contribute. Arguments were even more tedious, especially if they were of a well-known character, and if they had a particular issue, then someone would jump on it - e.g. The day we rated Snake and Shantae together - people thought he's dead and should never come back because of Konami's violation of a company's ethical obligations of Workplace Health and Safety, or claims of bias when someone would rate Shantae higher than Snake. We have no idea if that's true, because of various viewpoints on the same issue.

I feel there was another contributing factor - The Want scores. Like I admitted, I hated seeing Zeroes on a character that I liked, or even outright hatred for them. It was especially emotionally hurting when I loved the character or wanted them so much, like Roy (Especially hurtful because he was my most wanted and I knew he was coming back) or the Ice Climbers, who I've accepted won't come back for Smash 4, but I know they will return.

I accept responsibility for both bringing about the start and end to this whole Rate Their Chances era. But rest assured, colder_than_ice colder_than_ice , the early days of the Rate Their Chances was very enjoyable. But what I feel should be done next time is to ensure that should the RTC comes back - make sure that it maintains a positive atmosphere with healthy, but not vitriolic discussion, and elimination of 'Want' scores in general.

Thank you for contributing to maintaining this thread for so long, but I'm sorry that what we said on the Isaac thread was partially responsible for bringing about the end of this thread. It was fun, but sometimes, fun doesn't always last forever.

Maybe one day, we'll see the return of a more lively Rate Their Chances that sees a positive and healthy discussion environment and one where people are more accepting of others opinions or values.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Asuka
Just not the kind of character that screams DLC for Smash 4. I'll give the 2nd-year Hanzo student a score of 0.1%.
Don't you just love these bottom of the barrel ratings...

Want: 0.2%
I've got no reason to want this character.

SSB4 DLC Characters in SSB5
Chance: 27.4%
I guess it depends on how much development time SSB5 gets along with other factors that are impossible to assess at this point in time. Overall, I doubt that all of the DLC characters will make the jump to SSB5, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the cut ones ended up becoming DLC again if they sold well the first time. I'll give this DLC to Smash 5 concept a total rating of 27.4%.
It'll definitely be interesting to see how this goes when the time comes...

Want: 85%
I really like all the DLC characters we've gotten so far, and I would love to see them return in Smash 5. Not sure whether or not the DLC characters we get in the future will change how I feel about this concept right now for the better or even worse.

Nominations:
x5 !Rerate: Toon Zelda
If the nominations even matter anymore.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Asuka:

Chance and Want: 0%

SSB4 Characters in SSB5:

Chance: 75%

Mewtwo,Lucas andf maybe Roy I can see coming back. Ryu not so much.

Predictions:

Saki: 2.15%

7+ DLC characters: 87.6%

Asuka: Double Zeroes

SSB4 characters on SSB5

General:
Chance: 50%
Want: 75%

Individually:
Mewtwo
Chance: 80%

Lucas
Chance: 60%
Want: 70%

Roy
Chance: 40%
Want: 35%

Ryu
Chance: 30%
Want: 45%

Saki: 2%
7+ DLC characters: 82%

Andy 8x
Sami 7x

I'm assuming that I got extra nominations from Chin.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
RTC ends in a week? Too bad I was interested in discussing Dr. Lobe, but I know he has close to zero chance to actually make the cut so I won't nominate him, and I'll likely have not enough time to push the Samus missiles buff and Pokémon GO stage at the top on the nomination list (which means I literally wasted nominations on things that will not be rated during the past few weeks... *shrugs*). And yeah, we really should rate three things per day after tomorrow in order to (re)rate as many things as possible. (If you can't handle it colder_than_ice colder_than_ice I hope you may accept help for someone else to help you in counting overall scores, in which case I may help you. )

Also, maybe that could be our schedule for the last three days:

Day 1: most overrated, underrated and accurately rated
Day 2: rerating the most overrated and underrated
Day 3: favorite days and confessions

"Most overrated and underrated" seems very fitting for the end of RTC, and I think a "what was your favorite day" is really a must. I mean, what better way to close this thread?

It's really sad that so few things we rated were actually confirmed during this thread's lifespan. This news drought from Nintendo is really killing us...

Anyway, Asuka rating: DOUBLE ZEROES
Yeah, double gray because it'd fit in the "100% disapproval" category. Not only a third-party that can't compare with the current standards for guests in Smash but also one who seems to represent blatant otaku fan-service? I would feel really uncomfortable having this character in Smash, no matter how fun she'd be to play as.

The other concept: I'll abstain in chances and want, but give a want rating for all four currently released characters individually:
----
Mewtwo: 100%
Don't you dare making this beloved character an afterthought once more, Sakurai! Seeing him seemingly low priority again for Smash 4 hurt my brain when the full base roster of SSB4 was confirmed in the first place, he's easily an A tier Nintendo character and doesn't deserve that again!
----
Lucas: 75%
To be honest I didn't miss him very much prior to him being confirmed to return, but I think it would be unfair to cut him again. Also please localize Mother 3 Nintendo...
----
Roy: 65%
I don't care for Roy nearly as much as I do for Mewtwo, but I don't think his fans deserve to see him cut again. Besides, for his SSB5 appearance... please change his down B to something that isn't a counter <_<
----
Ryu: 40%
To be honest I wouldn't mind Ryu not coming back, similar to how I don't mind Snake's cut too much. I see him as a special guest who doesn't really need to become a series regular.
To be honest I kinda feel similar about Pac-Man, I mean, he's a character whose moveset is entirely based on representing another company... Though I'd rather not see Sonic and Mega Man cut, people would be much less accepting on these two guys' departure considering how much requested they were in the first place.

And no, lease don't count an average of these four individual want scores as my overall want score for this concept.

-----

Saki prediction: 0.56%
He'll probably be the last Assist Trophy we'll rate in this RTC.

7 or more DLC characters prediction: 88.85%
The datamined seventh slot will give this an incredible boost. Will probably be the highest rated thing with its chances and want scores combined.

Nominating: (using extra 10 from Chin since I predicted a flat zero)
Concept: no DK character for DLC x15
Also thank you Troykv Troykv for giving all those extra nominations to that concept!

And as other people said: NO MORE JOKE NOMINATIONS PLEASE, at this point you should nominate things only if you actually think it may plausibly happen!

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
colder_than_ice colder_than_ice - I can see why you feel so discouraged to continue. I did make such a brash statement when I mentioned my displeasure with how the RTC thread was going, and I can see how that would hurt someone's desire to continue to see other people not satisfied with it. Sorry about my statement over in the Isaac thread.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
So I checked and this subforum will close Saturday 31th at midnight, which means there's less margin until the end of this thread than what I thought at first. I'm still of the opinion that a special day when we're not rating anything and which is dedicated to confessions and asking people their favorite day is a must, but assuming we have a "most overrated and underrated" couple of days (one day for nominations and another for rerates) it'll leave only one day of margin to rate things as usual after tomorrow:

Day 188 (Monday 26th): Saki and 7+ DLC characters total
Day 189 (Tuesday 27th): maybe our last day of regular rating, preferably a triple day
Day 190 (Wednesday 28th): most overrated and underrated nominations
Day 191 (Thursday 29th): most overrated and underrated rerates
Day 192 (Friday 30th): final day of RTC, dedicated to confessions and asking people about their favorite days on this thread

Any other proposal for an ending schedule? Anyway, saying farewell to this thread will not be easy, I had a ton of fun here despite some annoying arguments *cough* Young Link *cough* Bayonetta *cough* and questionable nominations. While I think it's right for this thread to eventually come to an end, maybe I could post a new, unofficial RTC thread that will not last for long (maybe one week or so) in a social community to let people have the opportunity to rate concepts, stages, musics or balance changes they wanted to see discussed but never had the opportunity to rate in this official RTC (not characters nor concepts directly related to which characters get in because we've discussed characters to death at this point). As someone who planned to nominate a Samus missiles buff, a Pokémon GO stage and Metroid Prime menu music from Brawl, seeing this thread ready to be closed soon kinda hurt me.

D

Deleted member

I am unsure on how we should handle the remaining days.
I was thinking about a week dedicated to Satisfaction ratings towards the newcomers or purely rate characters and concepts like King K. Rool and 7+ DLC Characters.

If colder_than_ice colder_than_ice is not up for running the thread during its final week, then I will take over.

Top Bottom