• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

D

Deleted member

Lloyd Irving

Chance: Negligible (Approximately 0%)

Yeah, I think that Mii costume hurts his chances.

Want: 20%

Fawful

Chance: 1%

I doubt this will happen. He's not highly demanded, and the Mario and Luigi series isn't acknowledged in Smash outside of a few songs.

Want: 30%

Predictions:

Dan Hibiki - 0%

Chin - 0%

How far down the barrel can we go?

Nominations: Wonder Red Rerate x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Lloyd Irving

Chance - 0% - I think the Mii costume at this point can be considered a disconfirmation if you're 3rd party.

Want - 20% - Meh.

Fawful

Chance - 0.25% - Not having usual level of furry. Am sorry, but just able to be having match for other characters. Not making time of now, but latter...

Want - 20% - Dialogue of Fawful is much funnies, but not quite as proper for playable.

Predictions

Dan Hibiki - 0.01% - ...Pichu was enough.

Chin - 0% - A so-bad-it's-good does not make for a compelling argument.

Nominations
SSB5 has 3rd party cuts X5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Lloyd:

Chance:8%

Want:100%

Yeah at this point as much as I want him. He's not getting in.

Fawful:

Chance and Want:0%

Predictions:

Dan and Chin 0%

Nominate DLC characters getting cut in SSB5 x5.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Lloyd
Double 0
Third Party character who is far from iconic

Fawful
Chance 1%
He is considered by many the main antagonist of the M&L series and has decent fanbase size, despite that though these fans are not necessarily Smash fans.
Want: 40%
Chortles

Prediction double 0

Nominate Smash 4 DLC characters in vanilla Smash 5(preferably rating the characters separately) x15

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Lloyd Irving - 10% Chance, 0% Want
I can always play SSF2 if I even wanted to play as him.

Fawful - 0% Chance, 10% Want
I like the Superstar Saga series, Fawful is a fun villain, but there are far better choices.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Lloyd:
Want: 0%
Always been in the Mii-costume-is-not-a-good-sign corner, but unlike the Squid Kids and the Rool, Lloyd really has little support. I doubt we'll see anything here, and I'm not fussed about it.
Fawful:
Chance: 0%
Irrelevant, generic, and unsupported. Need I say more?
Predictions: both 0%

Nom: I guess we should talk about the Inklings again at some point x5

PS: I'm really interested to see how many people correctly guessed the Mahjong tile's score...

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Lloyd chances: 0.12%
As far as third-party contents we got as DLC we got Ryu as a fully fledged playable character and many other Capcom/Sega/Namco as nothing but Mii costumes (including Lloyd himself). If this pattern is to believed it means that other third-parties from companies currently involved in Smash 4 aren't gonna make it unless they're huge, which Lloyd isn't.

Lloyd want: 0%
No connection to him, and not interested.

-----

Fawful chances: 0.02%
M&L doesn't seem to be the kind of series which will get priority for contents in Smash let alone a playable character. I don't see it happening.

Fawful want: 2%
I have no connection with him.

-----

Prediction for both: ...
okay, I'll have a little fun and predict a flat zero for both characters.

Nominating: (I'll use extra 10s because I correctly predicted that Mahjong tile would get a flat zero)
New stage: Pokémon GO x5
Concept: no DK character for DLC x10

Pretty sure Mahjong tile gave more extra nominations to people through its exact zero predictions than the number of nominations needed to rate it in the first place :laugh: so use them wisely rather than to nominate joke characters!

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Lloyd
Chance:
1%

Not highly requested, but the Tales series is one of the more popular ones in Namco's library. However, I don't think Lloyd matches the legendary status that Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Ryu have.
Want: 10%
Might be cool.

Fawful
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

A popular villain whose RPG series has moved on from him really.
After all... he died in Bowser's Inside Story.
He's not that requested either.
I do like Fawful, but not enough for Smash.

Dan Prediction: 0%
Oh dear god.
Chin Prediction: 0%
He won't get in Smash; he is too powerful for Smash.
EDIT: Adding extra nominations.

Nominations: Yoshi's Story (Melee stage) 15x

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Lloyd:
Chances: 0.2%
Want:0%
Fawful:
Chances:0%
Predictions:
Dan:0%
Chin: Okay I feel like I really need to ask who this Chin guy is, I can't find the guy even on a google search since the body part, the nation-state, and the people are like five trillion times more relevant than whatever this is from, so it's nearly impossible for me to find or research whoever this is, would anyone be kind enough to tell me who this is?
Nominations: Rerate! Dark Matter x 5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Laniv

Smash Lord

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Lloyd Irving
Chance: 0.7%
Mii Fighter costume makes him less likely in my opinion along with the fact that we already got a third party DLC character. I'll give the main character of Tale of Symphonia A rating of only 0.7%, which is a 0.2% drop from my original rating.
I'd be surprised if he somehow managed to make his way onto the roster...

Want: 1.2%
Just don't really care much for him.

Fawful
Chance: 0.4%
Sakurai doesn't really seem to care about adding a lot of representation from the Mario & Luigi line of games. I'll give the Beanish antagonist a small score of 0.4%.
Really not much to say...

Want: 1.3%
I don't really care about this character either.

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet
Lloyd:

FAWFUL: 0%
FAWFUL WANT: 99%

NOMINATE HADES x666

Too bad I don't even have time anymore. Couldn't even end the day if I wanted to. I'm not even sure I can ever be a regular in this state. There's the real tragedy. This great humor, this insane creativity... it's gone forever maybe. Raters everywhere are no doubt weeping at the thought!

Thanks for reading. HADES OUT.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Erureido: *Takes a seat on a soothing chair, the only object strangely illuminated thanks to a dim-lit path, and beings to discuss*

Lloyd Irving

While a second Namco rep is still a possibility, I'm highly doubtful that Lloyd will be the one to get that title. He still isn't requested enough, and the Mii Costume only makes it worse for him.

Want: Abstain

Still haven't played the Tales series as of this post. That dual-wielding he has is an interesting play style, but there's one dual-wielder I would much rather see (hint hint: a certain Pokemon that is often seen as the male counterpart to Gardevoir).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Lights suddenly turn dark.*

^Fawful says watch until one minute mark is spotted. He also states to view Bowser in this video as a certain someone else

Fawful: " Now a guess talk between me and this fellow over there will unfold like a cookie and a glass of milk becoming best of friends on the first time. The topic today: my chance in Smash Bros and whether or not this fellow wishes to see me in that grandness."

Erureido: *Gets up from the ground*. Well, that was certainly quite an entrance you gave me, Fawful. Now, let's discuss!"

Fawful

Fawful: "You hear excited crowd? That was sounds of fans triumphantly proclaiming my name. The fans love the quotes that come from my mouth. My words are as delicious as a ketchup's taste! Everyone also knows Fawful's importance to Red & Green's recipe. I was a villain in the first trilogy of greatness, and most importantly, I was the star villain of the game of greatest RPG praise!

Erureido: "You are most certainly right, Fawful. You are a highly popular character from the Mario and Luigi series. Everyone remembers you for your many hilarious quotes. You were also an important antagonist in the first Mario and Luigi games; in fact, you were a villain in the first three games. Well, you were more of a side character in the second game, but you were only preparing for what was to come in the following game, where you truly shined. In fact, you are the main antagonist of Bowser's Inside Story, the most critically acclaimed Mario RPG ever released.

Fawful: "I have chortles!"

Erureido: "But there are a few problems that put your chances of joining the Smash Bros cast at the moment. For starters, while you are a fairly new character, some will argue you aren't relevant to the series anymore, because of...
the ending to Bowser Inside's Story.
However, people still consider as one of the most important characters to the Mario and Luigi series, so there's that. The real issues you have at the moment are Smash Ballot popularity and Sakurai bias.

Fawful: "I speak with confusion. Why do these things hinder me from joining the grandness that is Smash Bros?"

Erureido: "Your fanbase doesn't necessarily translate to Smash fanbase. You have to compete with more popular Smash Ballot Mario characters like Captain Toad and Paper Mario to become the next potential Mario rep through DLC, and the popularity you have now doesn't compare to the likes of him and a few others.

Fawful: "I have fury! I placed at 126 of 438 others on that Individual Character Poll, and you know not?! You say that has nothing?"

Erureido: "It is an accomplishment you placed relatively high, and I think that's proof that you are requested and there are those that would be happy or wouldn't mind your inclusion. However, that poll doesn't speak on the entire Smash Bros community in the world. Like I said, characters like Captain Toad and Paper Mario are leading the charge due to their stronger importance and popularity, and you ballot popularity is quite low when compared to them.

"Fawful: "And what of the other problem that stops me? Something about a celebrity's personal wishes?"

Erureido: "Well, when I mean "Sakurai bias", I mean that he doesn't seem interested in giving the Mario and Luigi series a lot of representation. In fact, the only representation the Mario and Luigi series have in Smash right now is about a few songs and that's about it. If he liked the Mario and Luigi series more, we would probably seeing more music and even a stage from the Mario and Luigi games."

Fawful: "Fawful enrages at the words you given me!"

Erureido: "But I'm only stating the truth!"

Fawful: "Fawful shall now prepare this special guest's battle against the one and only Midbus, the-

Erureido: "WAIT!"

Want: 65%

Erureido: "Let me get one thing straight. I'm not too interested in seeing the Mario series getting more representation through DLC since there's already plenty of Mario content in Smash 4."

Fawful: "Fawful scoffs at your words."

Erureido: "But... if you were included as the next Mario rep at this point, I wouldn't mind. In fact, I'd be happy to see you in! I have many fond memories playing the Mario and Luigi games, especially Bowser Inside's Story. You're many quotes were music to my ears, and I think if you were in Smash, it would be great if we got to hear them for the wider Smash Bros audience."

Fawful: "Why, you speak truth. My anger subdues. My words are more memorable and meme-inducing than the muscle man with a sword or the falcon that can speak."

Erureido: "Indeed, I also think you would have some very interesting options for your moveset. I'll let you take it away since your familiar with what you can do.

Fawful: "Most certain! First, I am master of science. I invent many gadgets that have stopped Red, Green, and Bowser in their tracks. I can use my gun to shoot various of lasers similar to another girl that dons a jump suit. There is also my great Vacuum Helmet of Doom. It can heal and fly me however I please. It can make me go for a swing like my battle against that foul Bowser. I can also use it to fire more lasers and suction my enemies into oblivion before a release of more destruction. I move around on my great overboard, which also helps the recovery when I am close to a falling danger. It can even turn into my secret little mecha fortress to hide behind enemy lines, shielded from vicious punches and kicks; it fires balls of energy to say 'back away', and it will even fire lasers from the eyes. Don't worry, I stay not too long within it. And for the Final Smash, I grab the Dark Star and enhance the powers from me, where I can then fire balls of energy on my own without the need of a mecha or a laser gun.

And if you dare deny Fawful can not do much else, must I remind you what that Sakurai did to Bowser's son? He presented more inventions for Bowser's son on to do, and he carried them out. If Sakurai ever approached me for the day I join the grandness of Smash, no doubt he will not deny my science genius and present new ideas I shall do against the likes of Red and Green."

Erureido: "Well, you said it better than I would!

I'll end this conversation off by saying that not counting Paper Mario, I believe you do a great job representing the Mario RPG games for reasons already stated. In fact, I would take you over any Super Mario RPG rep since you are not obscure and come from the most acclaimed Mario RPG game released."

Fawful: "Fawful enjoys sounds of your words. You may exit. I shall see what other Smashboard users have to say about me."

Erureido: "Yes, indeed. Thanks Fawful!"

*Leaves the stage.*

Predictions:

We are rating even more troll characters tomorrow?

We aren't scratching the bottom of the barrel. Tomorrow, we are clawing the bottom of the barrel.

Dan Hibiki (Street Fighter): 0.00%
Chin (Hong Kong 97): 0.00%

Nominations:

Sweet! 10 extra nominations!

Fawful also had chortles when he read this!

Spear Pillar: x15

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I don't have too much time to explain this things

Lloyd:

Chance: 5%

Want: 50%

Fawful:

Want: 60%

Predictions:

0.00% for Both

Nominations

Rerate! Tiki x3
Ayumi Tachibana x2

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Lloyd
Chance: 15%
The Tales franchise is one of Namco's heavy hitters and Lloyd is probably the most known character from it.
Having said that, Namco has a games, both new and old, they could pull more interesting characters from.

Want: 25%
I've only ever played Tales of Destiny and Tales of Eternia so I'm not really that familiar with Lloyd but a new character is a new character... :B

Fawful
Chance: 5%
While it would be nice for the Mario & Luigi games to get some recognition, it seems really unlikely. Especially with so many Mario characters in the game. :B

Want: 75%
Fawful could be a very interesting character. :D

Prediction
Dan: 0.1%
Chin: 0%

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Lloyd:

Chance: 4%

Mii Costume and Namco's lack of adamancy towards another character says a lot. So no Tales rep for you.

Want: 12%

Yuri Lowell would be so much better than that brown haired farm boy. You know, a REAL badass Tales character?

Fawful:

Not gonna happen. No requests or relevancy can save this green skinned fool.

Want: 23%

Love the guy, but I'd rather have Peasely over him since he's better.

Predictions for Dan: 0% Chance
Ah, that poor fool that the Champ killed with Karaoke Punch in Death battle.

Predictions for Chin: 0% Chance

What the **** is a Bubble Bobble Chin?

Nominations: Asuka (Senran Kagura x15)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lloyd:

Like very one already said, the Mii Costume is a real deal breaker and niot even the high requests will be enough to save him at this point. Such a shame too since he would have been a great fighter.

Want: 60%

Any Tales character will do, but I'd rather have in Lloyd first. I'd blame SSF2 on making me become interested in the idea.

Fawful:

Awww Finkrats. I don't have the chortles or votes to qualify as a character. Curses Sakurai!

Want: 100%

You better believe it, I have fury and Smash shall face the mustard of their doom since I am interested in getting my revenge against those plumbers.

Dan: 0% Chance
Chin: 0% Chance

Nominations: Lanky Kong x10

Fawful
chance 1%
no support
want 50%
Fawful is awesome. Superstar saga is also awesome
Predictions
Joke nom 0%
Dan 1.21%

noms
Wonder red rerate (totally better than another joke) 3
ace attorney representation 2

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Lloyd's chances: 1%

Never thought a Tales character had much of a shot.

Want: 30%

Eh.

Fawful's chances: 1%

Don't see a Mario & Luigi character happening.

Want: 5%

I'd pick Paper Mario if one of the Mario RPG series had to get playable representation. Not a huge fan of Mario & Luigi and I'm not too interested in Fawful.

Prediction for both: 0%

Nominations: Saki x5, I'll use the other ten next day.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Honestly with characters like Chin and Dan tomorrow, and Asuka the day after, I think maybe we need to implement a new rule that the 10 Bonus nominations can only be earned if the character in question doesn't get 0.00% (In which case only give out 5). Handing out 130 bonus nominations a day just kind of seems over the top.

But I want to hear other people's opinion on this.

Lloyd
Chance: 0% - He is LONG past his prime.

Fawful

Nominations: Full Ballot Results Revealed x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Llyoid Ivring
Change: 3%

Boring, Generic Swordman. Something Smash Bros doesn't need. And the fact people say this character should have been in over Pac-Man is just insulting to me. I've never been into RPG's in general ((Other than the Mario RPGs)) and I'm pretty much going to avoid Tales like Klonoa from now on.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
LLOYD
CHANCE: 2.69%
WANT: 17.71%

FAWFUL
CHANCE: 0.80%
WANT: 27.47%
Next up, BIG SURPRISE, more joke characters, Dan Hibiki and some guy named Chin. Also please predict what score Asuka and the concept of SSB4 DLC in vanilla?? SSB5.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Chin
It's safe to say, being serious here... Yeah.
Want: 100%
I would honestly buy him even it it only lasted one April Fools day. I'd get a good laugh, honestly.

D

Deleted member

Dan Hibiki of Street Fighter Alpha and IV fame, a joke character created as a parody of two individuals from a competing fighting game series who were inspired by Ryu and Ken.

Chin of Hong Kong '97 infamy, a character who bares a striking resemblance to actor Jackie Chan.

Quadruple zeroes for today. Dan would be a much better joke character than Pichu, though.

Predictions:

Asuka - 0%

SSB4 DLC in Vanilla SSB5 - 45.5%

Nominations: Toon Zelda Rerate x15

Last edited by a moderator:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Eh...honestly I'm personally fine with keeping things as is, but I'm willing to hear any other opinions.

Extra nomination results and my own predictions and nominations tomorrow, but I think I can do the ratings now. I really don't think an explanation is needed for either.

Dan Hibiki and Chin: QUADRUPLE ZEROES

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Chin
Predictions: 0%
Bruce Lee's relative sent to eliminate all 1.2 billion ******* **** **** from Hong Kong.
Nintendo doesn't know of him

Want: 90%
YOU DON'T **** WITH CHIN!

Dan Hibiki
Predictions: 0%

Predictions: Asuka 0%

Predictions: SSB4 DLC in vanilla smash5 50%

Nominations: Tong Shou Ping (Hong Kong 97) X5.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Another joke rating!

Chance and want:

Predictions: Asuka - 0%, Mewtwo/Lucas/Roy/Ryu in vanilla SSB5 - 5.5%

Nom: Squid Kids x5. I'll hold on to my 10 extra for now

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Chin and Dan

Chance and Want: 0%

Predictions:

SSB4 in Vanilla smash: 54%

Nominate 7+DLC characters x15

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
LLOYD
CHANCE: 2.69%
WANT: 17.71%

FAWFUL
CHANCE: 0.80%
WANT: 27.47%
Next up, BIG SURPRISE, more joke characters, Dan Hibiki and some guy named Chin. Also please predict what score Asuka and the concept of SSB4 DLC in vanilla?? SSB5.
Is there any chance we can rate Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas and Ryu separately? That was the intention of the nominations but it just sounds awkward saying that. I have stated it before. Maybe it would be better saved for the day after

Anyway 0 everything, 0 prediction for the other thing.

Also, I think in regards to joke characters, how about this rule.

If a character gets both less than 1% in chance and less then 5% in want, then the one who nominated it won't be allowed to nominate again for a week. It should help filter out joke noms altogether.

Oh, and I guess I nominate Skull Kid x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Today's chances and want scores, and Asuka prediction:

DLC characters in vanilla Smash 5 predictions:
Mewtwo: 73.68%
Lucas: 61.54%
Roy: 43.37%
Ryu: 34.45%
All of them if we're rating them together: 29.87%

Nominating:
Concept: no DK character for DLC x5
I actually have yet other things to nominate, but I'll be sticking with the things already outside of the danger zone starting from now.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Dan
Chance: 0% I love the guy, but let's be honest.
Want: 100% I legit would rather have him than Ryu.

Chin
Literally who? Double zeros.

Predictions
Asuka: 0% who even is this? These predictions need to come with a reference so I actually know who I'm voting on.
SSB4 DLC in vanilla SSB5: 50%

Nominations:
Groose x3
Raiden x2

Top Bottom