• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Meh, even the damn Balance Board (Wiibo) is more deserving than the Mahjong Piece since Wii Fit is a bigger series than a small series like Yakuman. At least I have an idea of what else to nominate after I get Asuka out of the way.
Either way, both are not getting in because they don't have the body type to believably function as a fighter. They are not bipeds or even quadrupeds. It is like asking for the ? Block to get in Smash.

Troykv

Smash Master
Impa:

Chance: 10%

Eh... She was a formerly a promenient character in the Speculation Pre-Smash4 in Western Fanbases because Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors... Now we're in the Smash Ballot, and looks like she is losing her popularity...

This... The japanese's fanbase which Zelda character want? Because the last time that I check something, Toon Zelda and Tetra was the characters with the biggest support.

Want: 20%

Meeeh! Honestly, I find this character as a intent for get a bigger easy Zelda Representation, and don't actually for the fanbase wanting her... Because we already "lost" many of the wanted character for Smash (Midna and Ghirahim... Maybe even Tingle if you count the japaneses that love him). Would she be actually an unique character? Maybe, but looks like a Sheik semi-clone

KOS-MOS

Chance: 5%

She has many things for both sides (good and bad).

+ A Namco Character (between the Third-Parties, this is one of the most easy to make a deal about Guest Characters).
+ The Character is a Monolith Soft's Creation.
+ KOS-MOS is actually a character with some popularity in her own right.
+ Overall her design looks great and appealing in the beautiful and cool aspects.

+/- The Smash Ballot's Support actually exist... But is small.

- She is still a Third Party.
- Xenosaga is mostly a cult series, and has a uncertain future.
- KOS-MOS's design is... hard to deal, she isn't like Bayonneta that her whole design needs Mature Ratings to get a correct representation... But still, KOS-MOS has a design that is at least bordeline Teen.
- Xenosaga was in it's best years mostly a Sony Series... Now appears more in Nintendo Consoles, but (except the DS games that are Japan Only) the majority of her appareances are cameos or as a guest character.

Want: 70%

She is probably the only Namco Character that I actually would like to see (with the rest I'm indifferent).

Predictions:

Poke Floats: 5.6%
Mahjong Tile: 0.1%

Nominations:

Rerate! Tiki x3
Ayumi Tachibana x2

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Either way, both are not getting in because they don't have the body type to believably function as a fighter. They are not bipeds or even quadrupeds. It is like asking for the ? Block to get in Smash.
Goomba and Shy Guy for Smash!

Oh wait, Shokio considers them a bad idea. :(

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
KOS-MOS
Chance:0%
Yep not happening.
Want: 40%
I don't mind this character. we dont have androids in smash yet.

Impa
Chance: 9.673950584758654799003947850396730748573845094389323058348509348509830594892319375789397589191%
TLoZ franchise is big enough to get a 6th rep I think Ipa has enough support from the west audience to be cosidered a newcommer of this franchise She has to compete with Toon Zelda, Young Link, Malon and Maybe Lana for that spot.
Want: 66.6
Hyrule warriors Impa would be awsome speedy character with slow but strong attacks just imagine.
Also...Water Jutsus.

That's cooler than Lucas PK freeze.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Abstaining from KOS-MOS

Impa

Chance: 14%

Impa is one of the Smash Ballot forerunners for the the 6th Zelda rep, largely gaining popularity due to her roles in Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors, as well as the fact most of the other most commonly requested Zelda characters (such as Midna, Ghirahim, and Tingle) have been reduced to Assist Trophies. She is a recurring character throughout the entire Zelda series (which has given her quite the importance, another trait that boosts her chances), and there are many different iterations of her, though when people think of "Smash Bros Impa", the Skyward Sword and the Hyrule Warriors version of her what come to mind.

Why then are her chances low? For starters, many fans think she would be another Sheik clone (since both are Sheikahs), and the very thought of another clone character may not be that convincing for fans. Perhaps her biggest issue is the fact the Zelda series doesn't really have any of its own characters that are leading the Smash Ballot in popularity (in other words, the level of demand for characters like Impa, Tetra, and Beast Ganon aren't as high in ballot popularity as K.Rool, Isaac, Shovel Knight, etc.). This makes another Zelda rep for this iteration less likely at this point, but not entirely impossible as the Zelda series is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. It we were to get another Zelda rep through DLC, I have confidence that she is one of the strongest candidates.

Want: 85%

I've been interested in seeing Impa in Smash ever since her role in Skyward Sword, and it did increase with Hyrule Warriors release. Being a character who has appeared in practically every Zelda game, who also has an important role in regards to her relationship with Zelda, I think she is one of those characters that deserves to be the next Zelda rep.

I know there are many incarnations of Impa, but I think a design closely resembling the Skyward Sword version fits best since its a newer design, and it definitely captures her fighting spirit the most (at least in my opinion, as I know the same could be said about the Ocarina of Time Impa as well). I'd be OK with a Hyrule Warriors version as well; I mean, that version seems to combine the designs of both the Skyward Sword Impa and the OoT Impa (HW Impa has the gray-colored hair of the Oot Impa and the Japanese-fighter style clothing of the Skyward Sword Impa).

I know many think she could end up becoming another Sheik clone, but I think she still has some unique potential. I can't elaborate on a moveset right now, but you could take a few (not all) elements from Hyrule Warriors and mix it with what she can do in Skyward Sword. One move I'm interested in seeing her use is one that involves a harp because when Link re-unites with Zelda in Skyward Sword, Zelda holds a harp and is with Impa, so perhaps Impa has some knowledge with that instrument and could use her to her advantage in Smash. Maybe she could use also use that ball of energy for one her specials (the one that she uses before escaping with Zelda in the same game). She could even have treatment similar to Luigi, where she would feel like truly distinct character despite sharing moves with another character already on the roster.

If she won't be in this iteration of Smash, I wouldn't mind. Tetra is also up there for my next Zelda rep pick, so if she gets in over Impa, I'd be OK.

Predictions:

Poke Floats: 4.82%
Mahjong Ti-

Really? We are actually rating the Mahjong Tile tomorrow?
Ok then...

Mahjong Tile (Yakuman): 0.00%

Nominations:

Fawful (Mario and Luigi): x3
Spear Pillar: x2

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Impa:

Chance: 15%

Good following for a Zelda character, should have plenty of ballot support, and she is arguably one of the last few important characters left (next to ManBearPig Ganon). Though her future is pretty uncertain and her popularity usually stems from her main role in Hyrule Warriors (who most people expect over her canon abilities in Skyward Sword).

Easily one character who I wouldn't mind as the obligatory monk character and Zelda needs the respect it deserves. Give me Impa or give me death! (Now I' starting to sound too much like @Diddy Kong :laugh:)

KOS-MOS:

Chance: 12%

She going to appear in the upcoming Project X Zone 2 with a few Nintendo characters. But other than that, not much had really changed and chances are that she had been cut from Project Treasure by now.

Want: 80%

The ultimate battle cyborg actually wouldn't be that bad if it also means we can get an Albedo Assist Trophy in the end. Plus, it can easily make up for Fiora if she can;t be playable.

Predictions for Poke Floats: 19%
Predictions for Mahjong Tile: 0%

Nominate Lanky Kong x 5

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Impa:

Despite her heavy requests and the fact that Zelda has so little characters, I'm in the camp that feel that her chances were never that great to begin with. If you take into the count how we never got a Zelda newcomer in the base roster this time, Sakurai might ignore the requests for any Zelda rep and save that person for the future. I still really want her though.

Another Zelda character is a must and Impa would be PERFECT for the roster. I wouldn't even care if it's the bloody fat version of her from Oracle of Ages/Seasons at this point.

KOS-MOS:

Chance: 3%

I seriously doubt a character from a cult classic RPG will be thrown in Smash, especially when her more popular games were only on Sony platforms. Not only that, but it would be hard choosing a design of her that isn't a bit on the "baring" side since the ahem is going for an E+10 approach. If anyone things that she should be playable over even the more "iconic" cults like Klonoa or Valk, then they seriously need to rethink their priorities.

Want: 5%

Never cared for her or the franchise to be honest. She would have a good moveset, but I felt the way her creator had been overpromoting her in certain crossovers were ridiculous. It's like shoehorning the likes of Sir Daniel Fortisque in every Sony exclusive crossover.

Predictions for Poke Floats: 24%
Predictions for Mahjong Tile: 0%

Nominate Asuka (Senran Kagura) x5

Laniv

Smash Lord
Impa:

Chance: 27%

Want: 87%

KOS-MOS:

Chance: 19%

Want: Abstain

Predictions for Pokefloats: 25% Chance, 62% Want
Predictions for Mahjong Tile: 0% Chance, 0.6% Want

Nominate Roll x 5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Impa's chances: 20%

I just personally feel she's one of the more likely Zelda candidates. I don't really have much to say this time.

Want: 40%

As I've said several times before, I don't have a desire for more Zelda content this game. Impa is one of the two character choices that I'd be more ok with though, the other being Tetra.

KOS-MOS' chances: 0.5%

I don't think she has what it takes to be picked over the more notable and popular third parties out there.

Want: 0%

Pass.

Poké Floats prediction: 20.20%
Mahjong Tile prediction: 0%

Nominations: Saki x5

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Impa:
Chance: 4% While it is true that she is the front runner for a Zelda character, it is mostly because her competition all became assist trophies. It seems like Sakurai liked them better than her.
Want: 10% I don't particularly want another Zelda character.

KOS-MOS:
Chance: 2% She has her fans, and I suppose her inclusion in X-Zone 2 helps, but she's simply too obscure.
Want: 0% No thanks, I haven't played any of her games, nor do I want to.

Poke Floats prediction: 28.2%
Mahjong Tile prediction: 0.05%

Nominations: Dr. Lobe x5 How did we rate the Mahjong tile before him?

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
IMPA
CHANCE: 11.76%
WANT: 40.48%

KOS-MOS
CHANCE: 2.70%
WANT: 21.52%
Next up we're rating Pokefloats and Mahjong Tile. Also please predict what score Lloyd and Fawful will get tomorrow.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Pokefloats

Chance - 19.5% - It was popular, but I don't think it will happen. Too much red tape with the Pokemon company.

Want - 60% - Why not?

Mahjong Title

Chance - 0% - It's a Mahjong title. It can't even move.

Want - 0% - No.

Predicitons

Lloyd - 13.43% - Can't see it doing well after getting a Mii costume.

Fawful - 2.35% - Poor feeling of fury.

Nominations

SSB5 has 3rd party cuts X5

Poké Floats: Chance: 10%; Want: 75%

It was one of my favorite Melee stages, and I was disappointed when Brawl brought back the redundant stadium stage and not this one. I know people complain about how hectic the moving, impermeable platforms are (especially the Sudowoodo arm that carries respawning characters back off the screen for another KO), but I loved it for its aesthetics, and for the humorous pauses in combat when everyone is just trying to stay on a platform.

I don't think it's particularly likely because I think the original Stadium stage and Saffron City are in the front of the line if a past Pokémon stage gets ported.

(Btw, its superlocation "Kanto Skies" is probably the coolest one in the game, just ahead of Infinite Glacier. I bet @kantoskies digs it, too.)

Mahjong Tile: Chance: 0%; Want: 0.1%

One of the worst suggestions for a playable character, up there with the Hanafuda card with arms and legs, or the Virtual Boy with Power Gloves for arms. Mahjong is a fun solo game, though. I prefer electronic versions over real ones, so I don't have to arrange those tiles or clean 'em up. Maybe it could be worked into a stage? A big pile of Mahjong tiles that are gradually being removed until the main platform is too narrow for comfort? But as a character, no.

Why a tenth of a percent instead of a zero? Because if some staff member threw together a playable Mahjong tile on their lunch break, and it became free DLC but was banned from online play, and was only accessed with some Konami Code type of input but was otherwise not spoken of in-game, I would appreciate its existence. It would be like Tofu in Resident Evil 2, where you just want to run out and show all your friends.

Predictions: Lloyd: 3.14%; Fawful: 1.12%

Nominations:
Smash 4 DLC in vanilla Smash 5 ×15
(I'm using all of my 10 extra noms for this one)

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Pokéfloats
Chance: 1%
Hated this stage. It was nice to see the mons, but I don't like stages where you're fighting against the stage and not each other, like at the bit with the Unown, so I'm not sorry to see it go. If I wanted another Pokémon stage, I really miss the Melee Stadium and Saffron City.
Besides, I'd rather see Squirtle in a different role.
Troll Choice
0/0
Was this even an option before it was found to be in what should have been Wolf's slot in SMM? Or even after that, for that matter?

Really? Can we please stop trying to suggest things in an effort to get a flat zero rating? There have been quite a few people abandoning thread and complaining that people don't take things seriously here. Fun is fun, but this is trolling. True, we've done most characters to death, but we've gotten some good discussion on concepts or stages - If you've got nothing to rate, let's rate something we can talk about, not something we can all roll our eyes about.
Lloyd prediction: 0.9%
Fawful prediction: 0.3%

Nom: Promotional DLC x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Poké Floats chances: 25%
Probably the third most popular stage to return after Fountain of Dreams and Fourside, I think it has the caliber to come back as DLC, but if we only get one Melee stage then I have trouble seeing it happening as I don't imagine this stage being prioritized over both of these. If we get multiple Melee stages, then for sure it becomes more likely.

Poké Floats want: 50%
Well, this stage was kind of cool, but I'm kinda indifferent to its potential return. I'm curious to see what its Omega form could be though... maybe a bunch of Unowns put very close to each other?

-----

Mahjong tile chances: 0%
Asides from being an inanimate board game piece (which I won't say is my main argument considering a character idea I support) I just doubt Mahjong is enough of a big deal for Nintendo to warrant playable representation, and I don't think an appearance in Super Mario Maker will convince Sakurai otherwise. Also, isn't that thing technically in the public domain? Which would make it ineligible properly speaking. This inclusion would make roll too many eyes to be worth it in the slightest.

Mahjong tile want: 0%
Ehh... no.

-----

Lloyd prediction: 2.54%
Will probably drop like KOS-MOS did yesterday.

Fawful prediction: 1.78%
I don't really know what to say here...

Nominating:
New stage: Pokémon GO x4
Concept: no DK character for DLC x1

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Poke Floats
Chance:
50%

Kinda popular stage, I can see this go either way.
Want: 25%
Not one of my favorite Melee stages. The concept was cool, but it got in the way of fighting at times.

Majong Tile
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

No comment.

Lloyd Prediction: 3.61%
I think many will reference his Mii costume.
Fawful Prediction: 2.27%
He will have fury.

Nominations: Chin 5x

D

Deleted member

Poke Floats

Chance: 2.5%

Popular, but unlikely.

Want: 60%

I enjoyed this stage.

Majong Tile

Double Zeroes

I'd call this scraping the bottom of the barrel, but we'll be rating Chin soon, not to mention we already rated Bubsy.

Predictions:

Lloyd - 2.3%

Fawful - 2.1%

Nominations: Dan (Street Fighter) x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Poke Floats:

Chance: 5%

It isn't a competitive Stage

Want: 50%

The Stage is funny xD

A Tile?

Double zeroes.

Predictions:

Lloyd: 2.6%
Fawful: 2.1%

Nominations:

Rerate! Tiki x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Poke Floats:

Popular stage, but we still don;t know if Melee stage DLC will even be a thing. Plus many hate it for being one of the least competitive stages to fight on.

Want: 15%

Don't hate it, but I just don't care about it. Come at me Poketards!

Mahjong Tile

Chance and Want: Double Zeroes

Honestly, this was a mere test to see if any of Daisy's haters would admit they would want that in Smash over her. But since thankfully that isn't a thing, I can say weeding them out was a failure. And I'd prefer a Virtual Boy rep or Mini Kangaroo as a historical rep over a Mahjong tile since Yakuman wasn't that successful. So don't grab your torches and pitchforks because I'm doing my job. :rolleyes:

Predictions:

Lloyd: 1%
Why the hell are we rating this chump again?

Fawful: 2%
Too bad the Fury will never have his chance since Sakurai hates the Mario & Luigi series.

Nominations: Lanky Kong x5

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sigh, another pointless conflict is about to begin.

Poke Floats:

Yes the stage itself was popular, but we still don't know if Melee stages will happen at all. And like few already said, didn't people loathe this stage for not being competitive enough?

I can already tell that I'll need a flame shield for this.

Listen up mates, this here is going to be pretty heated due to my opinions on Poke Floats. It's not that I don't like this stage, it's that it's inclusion in Melee was horribly executed and boggling. For starters, it takes place in the skies of Kanto for some unknown reason while using the upscaled models of random Pokemon Stadium models as balloons. The concept is plain mundane and doesn't represent anything canon from the Pokemon universe. As for the stage itself, it's pretty fun if you like playing a game of Board the Platforms over having a competitive fight. Some balloons are either too fast with an improbable shape (Chikorita and Weezing) while others are just plain ******** (Sudowoodo and Unown). How the average Pokemon fan enjoys this stage other than fanservice is beyond me. I would have preferred the Team Rocket HQ or even the Silph Co. building instead of that mind****ery of a stage. I love Sakurai and all, but this is one of those moments where I really question his choices for content in the game.

Mahjong Tile

Chance and Want: Double Zeroes

Hate Mahjong and anything relating to it. Yes, Nintendo did make games based on them and they were unpopular in Japan. Plus, hope is it going to work when it has no bloody limbs. Even Mini Kangaroo makes much more sense than that since it can be easily anthropomorphized into a fighter unlike a simple tile. And you know the worst part, there are seriously people out there that would rather have that insignificant piece over Daisy just because it was a ****ing joke costume in Super Mario Maker. Even I still haven't gotten over that incident and think it is one of Nintendo's worst decisions in a while (As if Miyamoto and Tezuka's bull **** bias against the Super Mario Land games can't get any less biased). I'm sorry, but this is definitely worse than the whole Diskun and Owain fad that happened on the net. Case closed, never again.

Glad I got all that negativity off my chest.

Predictions:

Lloyd: 2%
Love him, but it ain't gonna happen.

Fawful: 1%
Poor Fawful, how underrated you are in the grand scheme of things.

Nominations: Asuka (Senran Kagura) x5

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Lord
Poke Floats:

Want: 12%
At least it's not Brinstar Depths.

Mahjong Tile:

Chance: 0%

I like my left-field characters, but this is too much.

Predictions for Lloyd: 1% Chance, 16% Want
Predictions for Fawful: 3% Chance, 37% Want

Nominate Roll x 5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Poké Floats' chances: 10%

It's pretty popular, and I'm expecting Melee stage DLC at some point, but I dunno, I just don't feel like it has a great shot. In my eyes Fourside and Fountain of Dreams are the most likely Melee stages, Saffron a more likely Pokémon stage, and the first Stadium has it beat in both areas.

Want: 100%

Finally, a Melee stage I actually care about. In fact, this is my favorite Melee stage, my favorite Pokémon stage, and one of my favorite stages in the series overall. So yeah, I'd be pretty happy if it returned.

Mahjong Tile: DOUBLE ZEROES

No.

Lloyd rerate prediction: 2.49%
Fawful prediction: 1.38%

Nominations: Saki x5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Pokefloat's Chance: Abstain
Still have no idea what the stage DLC plan is.

Pokefloat's Want: 10%
I'm all for more stages, but this is the one I want the least. In Melee, it was a pretty bad stage with poor layout and unfair platform placement/movement. It was more tedious to play than fun. Plus, the living Pokemon balloons (Squirtle was animated) made the stage unnecessarily creepy.

----------

Mahjong Tile's Chance: 0%
Nobody wants this, nobody will buy this, Nintendo might as well just throw money into a furnace.

Mahjong Tile's Want: 0%
Seriously? And I thought a static image considered was a terrible idea. I swear, if one more idiotic troll suggestion makes it through the pipeline, I'm done.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Pokefloats:
Chances: 5%
Want: 30%, I have mixed feelings on it, I love and hate the stage at the same time, on one hand it's clunky and doesn't represent anything, on the other hand it's super weird and I like my weird stages a lot.

Mahjong Tile:
Chances: 0% I don't think I need to explain why a tile from a very old Chinese game would get into Smash Bros.
Want: 0% I don't think I'd need to explain why I don't want it either.

Predictions:
Lloyd 7% I'm expecting at least one massive score and a bunch of very low scores.
Fawful 1%

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Pokefloats
Chance: 16%
If we do end up getting a Melee stage as DLC, it's on the table. Problem is that there are more popular Melee stages that people want to return. I'll give the return of Pokefloats a chance of 16%.
Whatever floats your Pokeboat...

Want: 36%
I wouldn't mind its return, but I'd rather have Pokemon Stadium 1 as a Pokemon DLC stage instead. Just personal preference.

Mahjong Tile
Chance: 0.01%
Fun fact. This is my first ever rating to extend more than one tenth of a decimal place. I've reached a new all-time low! That being said, I'll give the generic board game piece a score of 0.01%.
Whose idea was this again...

Want: 0.01%
I don't want it.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Poke Floats
Chance: 50%
With the Omega option, Smash needs stages that stand out. No one can deny that Poke Floats stands out.

Want: 90%
Favorite Smash stage. :D

Mahjong Tile
Chance: 0%
...As like...A character? >o>
This idea would be better off as a stage, don't you think?

Want: 25%
Eh, could be interesting. >w>

Predictions
Llyod: 10%
Fawful: 25%

Nomination:
Mallo from Pushmo x5

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
Poke Floats:
Chance: 27.5%
Want: 15%

Majong Tile :
DOUBLE ZEROES

Predictions:
Lloyd: 7.34%
Fawful: 3.92%

Noms:
Maxwell (Scribblenauts) x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Poke Floats

Chance: 15%

It is a popular stage from Melee, but like other Melee stages, the main issue it largely faces is the fact we still don't know how returning stages are picked, nor do we know if we'll be getting any Melee stages through DLC. Between it, Fountain of Dreams, and Fourside (the two other most likely candidates), I think Poke Floats has a lower chance since its popularity is a bit less than them (especially when it comes to the stage's unpredictability factor in competitive play).

Want: 80%

Another stage that was one of my favorites from Melee, largely due to the music and the humorous bits the stage had to offer. Its not as high as Fourside and Fountain of Dreams for my DLC stage list though, largely because I'd prefer seeing less Generation 1 representation from this point onward.

Mahjong Tile

Chance and Want:

Let me just play the theme song of today's RTC day.

^The name of this track is called "Point Zero", composed by Yuki Kajiura, and it is one of the first soundtracks that plays in the Fate/Zero anime. Let this song play as you examine what everyone has to say about Mahjong Tile, because like I said, I think it fits very well as today's theme song.

Regarding Chance:

No ballot support, and Yakuman isn't that big of a series to gain roster representation in Smash Bros. I don't have much else to say to this. Pretty much everyone else has summarized why the Mahjong Tile is way too unlikely to be considered a fighter.

Regarding Want:

No thanks. I just can't see this having any sort of interesting moveset potential that would make it that memorable (I even have a very hard time trying to think of what it could possibly do for various moves outside of just slapping hands and feet onto it, which doesn't seem that appealing). It really looks far more fitting for it to be an Assist Trophy or a stage element in a Yakuman stage than an actual fighter.

Predictions:

Lloyd Irving (Tales): 2.50%
Fawful (Mario and Luigi): 1.24%

I'm interested in seeing Fawful's chance and want scores for tomorrow (I know his chance will be low, but I'm curious to see how low it will be).

Nominations:

Spear Pillar: x3
Ryouma (Fire Emblem); x2

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Poke Floats

Chance: 20%
Want:50%

Mahjong Tile:

Chance and Want: 0%

Predictions:

Lloyd: 4.15%

Fawful: 1.78%

Nominate 7+ DLC characters x10

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
PokeFloats:
Chance:20%
If they wanted to bring back a Pokemon stage from Melee that wasn't Stadium, this would be it.

Want:85%
I loved this stage. Melee's stages were some of my favorite in the franchise.

Mahjong Tile, I don't even know what that is.
*Googles it*
Well this'll be easy, one of my very few double zeros.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Poke Floats
Chance 30%
Its a popular Melee stage, but a little outdated with its selection of only Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon
Want 50%
Its a really cool stage, but I'd prefer an updated version with Pokemon from every region.

Mahjong Tile
Chance 0%
Want 10%
I've played Mahjong and I thinks its fun.

Predictions
The fury that is Fawful 3%
Lloyd 2%

Nominate Smash 4 DLC characters in Vanilla Smash 5 x5

Spikeez

Smash Cadet
Pokéfloats:

Chance: 9.2%

I think this fan-favorite stage has the least chances of being DLC because the popularity is not as good as the other ones, they could of make a Pokéfloats 2 with Pokémon from Gen 1 to the current one. Though It's still unlikely.

Want: 100%

I honestly like the weird stages, when I unlocked it and played for the first time, I actually liked it a lot and played the stage whenever I wanted to play casually, for real, I hardly got bothered by seeing the Pokémon flying in the background. It's just one of my favorite stages and I would like to it in this game.

Generinc Board Game Piece (A.K.A. Mahjong Tile):

Chance & Want:

Seriously? I mean, I'm fine with a 2D sprite, a Yoga trainer, and a robot toy being in the game, but a Mahjong Tile? Really? Sorry, but it's chances in getting into Smash are small. And I would preffer any other character over this one.

Nomination: Smash 4 DLC in Vanilla Smash 5 x5

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Pokefloats
Chance: 5% - I struggle to see anything from Pokémon that isn't based on the most recent generations getting any sort of recognition.
Want: 70%

You-know-what gets double the zeroes.

Nominations: Full ballot results revealed x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
POKEFLOATS
CHANCE: 16.62%
WANT: 50.57%

MAHJONG TILE
CHANCE: 0.00%
WANT: 1.53%
Mahjong Tile's score was so low that even if I added an extra decimal it still would have rounded down to 0.000% (The total was 0.00043% or about one in 230,000). Next up we're rating Lloyd Irving and Fawful. Also please predict what really low scores Dan and Chin will get tomorrow.

Lloyd: Chance: 1%; Want: 10%

I never played his game nor considered him a Smash Bros. character that I'd want. I think he only ever got attention because of Namco's involvement - kind of the same as KOS-MOS, Mr. Driller, Kazuya, Klonoa, and so on.

Fawful: Chance: 0%; Want: 4%

He has amusing dialogue, but that could just as well do as an assist/cameo character of some kind. (Does anyone else remember the pre-Brawl theory that the Ancient Minister was Fawful in disguise?)

Predictions:
colder_than_ice said:
Also please predict what really low scores Dan and Chin will get tomorrow.
You know this game all too well.
0.24% for Dan
0.013% for Chin

Nomination:
Five points for "Smash 4 DLC in vanilla Smash 5"

At this point I think concepts are going to get higher chance/want scores and better discussion than any particular character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom