• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Yuyuki Goku and N: QUADRUPLE ZEROES

The most notable thing about Goku really who he shares his name with. A very obscure and rarely-requested character from a Japan-only Famicon game would not be a good idea for DLC. I would actually be somewhat interested in him if it was for the main game, but for DLC, let's not.

I don't see a Pokémon human happening with transformations gone, and I personally never found N interesting with or without them.

Riki prediction: 0.36%
Lark prediction: 3.51%

Finally going to use my extra ten from a while back...

Nominations: Poké Floats x15!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Predictions: Goku 0%

Predictions: N 0%

Goku

Chance: 1:troll::troll:%
Everyone's voting for him, he's gonna win the ballot:troll:
RealChance: 0%
Yeah unless Sakurai really decides to troll fans, I doubt it considering this Goku is not very well known.

Want: 90%
He is the monkey king So he would be cool to have in smash.

N

Chance: 0%
Human characters in Pokemon can't fight on their own.

Want: 0%
I'd rather have a human Pokemon villain that can actually fight without the use of Pokemon.

Predictions: Riki 0%

Predictions: Lark 0%

Nominations: Mr. Stevenson X5.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Goku:

Chance: 2%

Want: 6%

N:

Chance: 1.7%

Want: 3%

Predictions for Riki: 0% Chance, 12% Want
Predictions for Lark: 15% Chance, 19% Want

Nominate DK Jr. x 5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Goku:

Want: 100%

Never going to happen in a million years. Though Journey to the West is a classic and I would love for the REAL Son Goku to be in Smash with his monkey martial arts and assistance from his pals. And who can forget the potential salt that his inclusion would cause for the Dragon Ball fans?

N:

Chance: 1%
Want: 70%

Best Pokemon character we had in years. Such a damn shame that he's no longer relevant anymore and that the Pokemon Trainer gimmick is dead for Smash.

Prediction for Riki: 0%
Prediction for Lark: 1%

Nominate Mahjong Tile (Yakuman) x 5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Quad Zero Time!

Goku's Chance: 0%
The only reason this guy is on anyone's radar at all is because of all the senseless support for the guy from Dragon Ball with the same name. We wouldn't even be aware of his existence otherwise.

Goku's Want: 0%
And for that reason alone, he'd be a waste of time.

----------

N's Chance: 0%
Game Freak is pretty much treated like a Third Party when it comes to their IPs and Smash Bros. They're ultra protective and have the final say in who can and cannot be included. I really doubt they'd pick this guy over an actual Pokemon instead.

N's Want: 0%
The only way I'd want this guy in is if he were to become the new Sandbag. I honestly cannot stand this character in the slightest. He was incredibly irritating in Pokemon Black/White and it's great that he has not been seen since.

quadruple zeroes

The DK series has us covered for playable monkeys. I'd really rather have Goku the manga character than this thing.

Pokémon should not get playable humans in Smash. It's the monsters that do all the interesting things. I'd rather Magnemite make it in on pure joke power.

Predictions:
Riki: extremely low
Lark: extremely low

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Goku (Yuyuki)

Chance: 1%
Want: 40%

- A nice way to :troll: the OTHER Goku fans.

N

Want: 20%

- If Pokemon Trainer is any indication and Sakurai's stance on transformation characters remains unchanged, poor N will have no chance. Same with other potential Pokemon Trainers.

Predictions

Riki: 1.3%
Lark: 1.1%

Nomination

Rerate: Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x5

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Had I updated yesterday, this day would have had the worst voter turnout of any day.

GOKU
CHANCE: 2.45%
WANT: 22.95%

N
CHANCE: 0.31%
WANT: 10.93%
Next up we're rating Riki of Xenoblade and Lark of Pilotwings. Also please predict what score Mr. Stevenson and a Majora's Mask stage will get tomorrow.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
quadruple 0

Predictions
Mr Stevenson? don't know who he is but I'll say 0%
Majora's Mask stage 12%

Nominate Smash 4 DLC characters returning to Smash 5 (Not DLC) x5

Riki
  • Chance: 0% - Some characters are born to be Assist Trophies, and here's Riki, in line with Tingle and Starfy.
  • Want: 1% - He's a funny fellow, at least; but he already conveys it in his current role.
Lark
  • Chance: 1% - Pilotwings has newfound representation in Smash with a stage but no character - officially putting it at a similar level that Animal Crossing had in Brawl. Still, I don't see Lark, a thinly veiled disguise for Nester, as a character worth camping outside Walmart for. I'm not even sure what I meant by that.
  • Want: 1% - More airfighters would be cool, but I'll hold out for Ridley until I'm blue in the face. I would actually prefer to see any Pilotwings character's techniques to go to a fourth Mii class instead.
  • (Don't hate me, smashkirby.)
Predictions
  • Mr. Stevenson: sub 1%
  • Majora's Mask stage: 18%
Nominate
  • Concept: SSB5 only for consoles; five

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Riki

Chance - 0% - He's in two places in-game already, so he's fairly badly off.

Want - 50% - I have no feelings about Xenoblade.

Lark

Chance - 0.75% - He has in series competition, but I do think he he is front-runner for a representative. That said, I do not consider a Pilot Wings Character likely at this point in time. I might pull an Animal Crossing next game, though.

Want - 40% - Meh. I say their are better pilots out there.

Predictions

Mr. Stevenson - 0.02% - A character who's most notable feature is being shot at? Why?

Majora's Mask stage - 16.75% - Great Bay is included, I assume.

Again? More nominations? Cool!

Nominations

Namco Develops SSB5 X10

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Riki

Assist Trophy, part of Shulk's Final Smash, little to no ballot support.

Kingpon want Heropon Riki!

Lark

Abstain

Predictions:

Mr. Stevenson - 1%

Majora's Mask Stage - 5%

Nomination: KOS-MOS Rerate x5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Riki

Want: 60%

Lark

Want: 1%

Predictions: Mr. Stevenson 0%

Predictions: Majora's Mask stage 4%

Nominations: Chin X4 Dong Shou Ping (Hong Kong 97) X1.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Riki:

Chance and Want: 0%

Lark:

Chance and Want:ABSTAINED

predictions:

Mr. Stevenson: 0%

Majora's Mask stage: 4.6%

Nominate Lloyd Irving x5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Riki chances: 0.01%
For what it's worth Nopons are an important part of Xenoblade, being even shared between both games besides their widely different settings, but Riki already has two roles in the games and even then that doesn't mean we need a Nopon representative.

Riki fighting easy monsters want: 35%
He could be interesting, but I think his Assist role already suits him well.

-----

Lark chances: 0.02%
While he could give Pilotwings playable representation, there's almost no support for this, and I have no idea which moveset he could have... I mean, Captain Falcon takes nothing from his source games in his moveset besides his Final Smash, but even then he's still inspired from F-Zero's gameplay by being a very fast character with great power (much like a F-Zero racing car) and fiery attacks (to represent air friction in the atmosphere which would make a vehicule to be surrounded by flames at huge speed). Could Lark have an inspired moveset with the same logic applied to him? Not saying it's downright impossible, but some part of me is dubtfull... then again I have no familiarity with the series.

Lark want: 10%
Not interested, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

-----

Mr. Stevenson prediction:

*does research*
Ah, an obscure character from a NES Zapper title. Okay then, predicting 0.20%

Majora's Mask stage prediction: 18.85%
Great Bay counts, right?

Nominating:
Concept: ballot runner-ups as SMM costumes x5

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
1% chance for both
70% want for both

Riki's explanation:
Riki, chance-wise, has two unplayable roles and with him not being very requested I believe this is enough.
However, want-wise, Riki is best heropon and Tatsu is best alternate heropon costume.

Lark's explanation:
Pilotwings is a small franchise, and Lark has to share the little star-power he has with the other playable characters and the Big Robot-thingy.

Want-wise, an actual air-fighter fighting with planes, pedal-gliders and momentum-based antics would be extremely cool IMO

For both goes they're great characters I haven't played the games of, lowering the want score.

D

Deleted member

XenoBrawler610 feely sleepy. Riki rate for him!
Updated is the Directory!

LEGENDARY HEROPON RIKI

Riki live to serve sidekicks in the Trophy of Assists! Riki help Shulk just to play with Monado! No good for the Smashing of Brothers!
Riki want to be in Smashing of Brothers! Riki swift dodge and bang crush sidekicks like scary Orluga! HEROPON VERY COOL!

Lark
Chance:
0%

Lark have no support! Riki no see mention of Wings of Pilots 64 in Smashing of Brothers!
Want: 50%
RIKI LIKE TO FLY!

Mr. Stevenson Prediction: 0.40%
Riki have no idea who this is! Riki confused!
Majora's Mask Stage Prediction: 44.44%
Riki suddenly feel afraid. Moon! RAAAAGH!

Nominations: Princes of Fluff 5x
Riki go now! Bye bye!

...I... didn't type any of this. I guess this post will do.

Last edited by a moderator:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
More Quad Zeros, Hooray!

Riki's Chance: 0%
He's already too far embedded as a NPC to really be considered. Maybe next time, but it wont happen in this game.

Riki's Want: 0%
I'm really not fond of him. His voice and speaking manner is more annoying than endearing to me, and I'm fine with a tiny IP like Xenoblade only having one character.

----------

Lark's Chance: 0%
An unknown character from a relatively forgotten series, I don't see the consumer base busting down the doors for this one.

Lark's Want" 0%
Having not done anything be pilot vehicles in his own game, there's not much he can do. I would rather not see Sakurai pull any more movesets from thin air like he did for Fox and Captain Falcon.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Riki:

Assist Trophy AND a Final Smash.

Want: 43%
I'd prefer Melia.

Lark:

Chance: 16%
Who knows? He might be the next retro pick (after Takamaru).

Predictions for Mr. Stevenson: 0.8% Chance, 1.3% Want
Predictions for Majora's Mask stage: 13% Chance, 73% Want

Nominate DK Jr. x 5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Riki
Chance: 0.1%
You know what's worse than being an Assist Trophy? Being an Assist Trophy and playing a part in a Final Smash. I'll give the Heropon the very small score of 0.1%.
Becoming playable is probably too big of a feat for even the Heropon...

Want: 11%
He's a neat quirky character that I like from Xenoblade, but I'd like to see other franchises get DLC since Xenoblade already got a lot of good representation in the base game. Plus I'd rather see other Xenoblade characters before him.

Lark
Chance: 0.1%
Way too oddball, especially for DLC. I'll give Lark from Pilotwings 64 a rating of 0.1%.
That makes two 0.1% ratings in a row...

Want: 0.3%
Nothing against the character, but he's not someone I want to see for Smash DLC.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Riki

Chance and Want:

Regarding Chance:

Not much to say here. Even though he's amongst Shulk's main crew in Xenoblade Chronicles, he's got little to no ballot support, but that's not even the end of it. He's an Assist Trophy AND a Final Smash Component, which makes for two predefined roles.

Regarding Want:

Ricky may be a very memorable character from his home game, but he's not a Xenoblade character I'd be interested in seeing. In fact, I think his role as an Assist Trophy is perfect for him. If I want to see another Xenoblade Chronicles character get included, I'd put my money on Fiora. However, I'm more interested in seeing a Xenoblade Chronicles X rep like Elma join the roster, mainly because I think Shulk perfectly represents his game on his own at the moment..

Lark

While Pilotwings already has representation thanks to the WiiU stage, I don't think it's that prominent of a series to warrant a character inclusion through DLC. Sure Pilotwings 64 is the most successful in the series, was well-received, and was a N64 launch title, but its main character, Lark, has practically non-existent ballot support, not to mention he is very obscure (he didn't even appear in Pilotwings Resort). He could be the next Duck Hunt or ROB as a retro game rep, but I think such an idea will most likely be saved for Smash 5 and not Smash 4 DLC.

Want: Abstain

I really can't say much.

Predictions:

*Reads the name of a character we are rating tomorrow*

*Does research* Ok, good to know.

Mr. Stevenson (Gumshoe): 0.01%
Majora's Mask stage: 15.13%

Nominations:

Fawful (Mario and Luigi): x5

Last edited:

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Riki Chance: 2,5% Assist, and Final Smash... I think it's enough.
Riki Want: 25% I liked his debuff combat style in Xenoblade, but I'd love to see Melia instead.

Lark Chance and Want: Abstain. No idea about him.

Mr Stevenson Prediction: 0,08% Who?
Majora's Mask Stage: 14%

Nominate: Splatoon Stage x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Riki

Eh... He is an worse position than even Chrom (but that he doesn't get a harsh deconfirmation

Mmm... Looks interesting

Lark:

Abstain.

Predictions:

Mr Steveson: 0% ... Everypost will be a "Who?"
Majora Mask Stage (This include Great Bay?): 16.4%

Nominations:

For now, only I will make sure that the Fire Emblem Stage Concept will be predicted tomorrow.

Fire Emblem Stage DLC x5

(Saving the other 20 Extra-Nominations... In case there is the need.)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Heropon Riki

Zoing! This little Nopon went to the Assist Trophy, so this little Nopon gets no promotion.

Neutral to him, even though he's one of the more funnier characters in the game. Fiora goes first, then the Heropon can have his chance.

Lark:

He sadly has minimal requests and most casuals are more familiar with the Mii centric Resort game as opposed to Pilotwings 64. Even if there is default Pilotwings representation with a stage, I doubt Sakurai would think about adding a character as DLC. Maybe as a surpass candidate in the future when they make another launch title?

Want: 80%

Only because the 64 game was my personal favorite of the entire trilogy and it steams with potential if we look back at the original cast. The characters can easily fit in with the Smash crew if we look at their appearance and they would work well as that perfect air-fighter for all who are saying he lacks moveset potential. Take a look at look at this moveset @smashkirby for example.

Playstyle and Moveset:
Ground Speed - 5/10: Lark has decent speed on the ground.
Air Speed - 9/10: I'm intending for Lark to have an AMAZING air game, if not the best air game in the Smash series as a whole to reference his being a pilot (or pilot-in-training?) and all.
Size 5(?)-6(?)/10: I've envisioned him to be, say, :4littlemac:'s height? Maybe a bit taller.
Weight 4/10: Lark is a light-ish character that can be launched fairly easily. Not to Glass Cannon proportions obviously, but still somewhat light due to his size and all. Again, the slight lightness referencing his whole pilot persona. Overall, about as light as :4luigi:.
Fall Speed 4/10: Again, referencing his whole pilot persona from the Pilot Wings games, Lark falls at an unusually slow rate.
Jump Height 10/10: Lark's jump height is definitely above average. Because he can fly with the help of his Birdman suit! (For 3 jumps.)
Traction 3/10: Lark has somewhat decent traction, but he does slide just a tad bit when turning.

Lark's playstyle and moveset involves him using various pilot gear to fight as well as utilizng his Birdman suit from Pilot Wings 64, resulting in him using some moves similar to Falco, but different in function. I wanted to make Lark somewhat average on the ground, decent speed, power, and endurance. But in the air, that's where Lark would TRULY shine. Speedy, Durable, and his air game overall would equip him with some of the most deadly combos.

Normal Attacks:
Jab Combo: Lark begins with one large poke from the right wing of his Birdman suit. A swipe from the left wing, and a forced slam from both wings, Very similar to :4palutena:'s side smash. Only difference is that the wind box is not as large, and the knockback is nowhere near as great. This move can be infinitely held, with Lark rapidly "poking" his opponents with the tip of the wings, ending the wing slam.
Side Tilt: A VERY large swipe with the left wing of his Birdman suit. Similar to :4zelda:'s side tilt, but a windbox is produced, destroying weak projectiles, and not as much knockback.
Up Tilt: Performs an upwards triple kick with the Jumble Hopper spring shoes in the style of :4pit: and :4sonic:'s UTilts. The final kick does a lot more knockback, but just enough so that Lark can follow up with a multitude of aerial attacks
Down Tilt: Lark sweeps the floor with the right wing. No knockback or wind box, but can be used rapidly and repeatedly to trip opponents
Dash Attack: Lark rushes in with a big headbutt to his opponents, courtesy of his helmet. Does amazing knockback, and can KO at very high percentages.

Smash Attacks:
Side: Lark performs a grounded dive, sliding into any opponents in his path. Similar to his dash attack, but doesn't travel as far, and does more knockback. Can KO earlier than his dash attack as well.
Up: With the help of his Jumble Hopper spring boots, Lark hops upwards with SO much force, that his helmet sends opponents flying straight upwards, allowing him to follow up with many aerial attacks. KO at...I don't know. 100%? 110%? 120%?
Down: Lark rapidly spins along the ground, similar to :4peach:, but attacking with his right foot and left wing. Does a lot of damage, but the knockback will leave a bit to be desired. The most damaging of all his Smash Attacks, but has the least knockback.

Grabs:
Lark will grab with one hand.
Pummel: Lark head-bangs the opponent with his helmet.
Forward: Lark performs a Judo Throw, sending opponents flying headfirst. Has a VERY small windbox for nearby opponents.
Backward: Lark tosses the opponent over his head and behind him, backhand-punching the opponent away.
Up: Lark tosses the opponent upwards, using his helmet to send them further upward.
Down: Lark tosses his opponent downwards, jumping high into the air, and then landing, performing a big body slam onto them. Supposed to reference the Skydiving mini game from Pilot Wings 64.
Aerials:
This is where I thought Lark would TRULY shine in terms of attacks and combos BTW, with the exception of his DAir, all of his aerial attacks are multi-hitting.

NAir: Lark performs a seriously rapid spin in the air, similar to :4falco:, but more damaging, and the knockback is almost non-existent, meaning he could folow up with some more aerials
FAir: Lark spreads the wings of his Birdman suit extending them forward, rapidly jabbing at his opponents.
BAir: Basically performs a "winged" version of Fox's FAir, but instead the wings are directly behind him, rather than directing them diagonally like Fox's feet when he performs his FAir.
UAir: Lark rapidly flaps the wings of his Birdman suit above him, doing multiple hits. Has a windbox that goes a distance. Think of :4gaw:'s UAir in Smash 4, but the windbox isn't as strong (Don't know if :4gaw:'s UAir in Brawl had the same effect.)
DAir: Lark sends himself downwards, head-first. Can meteor smash at any frame, but only if the opponent is hit by his "actual" head. The opponent will NOT be meteor smashed if they are hit by the side of Lark's head or any other part of his body. (Think of the :4miibrawl:'s Headache Maker DSpecial.)

Specials:

B: Boost Ring - Although not necessarily used in this manner in the games, this move utilizes the floating rings/orbs that are a staple of the Pilot Wings games. When used, Lark places a floating ring in front of him which can be passed to give him an instant momentum boost to dash into opponents, sending them flying from the collision. However, opponents can also go through this ring as well, which can be used to their advantage as well, rushing into other opponents (including Lark!), and doing damage to them as well. As a matter of fact, if the opponent uses the ring to crash into Lark, he actually takes more knockback, similar to if :4duckhunt:'s Trick Shot is sent flying back at them. BTW, depending on the character's weight, the move could cause less knockback or more. For example: if :4kirby: goes through a ring, his knockback is very small, so you don't need to worry about lightweights. If :4mario: or any middleweights walk through, the knockback is...decent, to say the least. But, if any heavyweights, such as :4bowser: were to go through, watch out! Get out of the way as soon as possible or you'll be sent flying into next week! Don't worry though, because if you happen to place the ring just right, it could be used as a trap to rush an opponent offstage, sending them so far away, so fast, it won't be too likely that they'll be able to make it back to the stage.

Side+B: Penguin Dive - Lark tosses a Penguin in the direction he is facing which opponents can send sliding back at him, if he's not careful. When sliding into opponents, the Penguin will do decent knockback and damage if it hits. If the Penguin does NOT hit, opponents may trip over the VERY small trail of ice it leaves behind. The Penguin can be struck away like the Waddle Dees. Upon landing on the ground, the penguins will just waddle around and do nothing, before disappearing. Sometimes they might steal an item and bring it back to Lark.

Up+B: Rocket Belt - This move works as a recovery (similar to :4rob:'s U-Special), but the thrusters burn opponents behind or below you. Unlike the item, this Rocket Belt cannot be used "infinitely" like the item, and instead bursts upwards with blazing speed and does great knockback at the start of takeoff. Similar to :4palutena:'s Rocket Jump, but travels MUCH higher vertically. Sadly, this move has little to no horizontal recovery.

Down+B: Parachute - This move would work like :gawmelee:'s N-Air in Melee, and would also grant you super slow falling speed like :4peach:'s U-Special. However, the move itself does NOT give Lark extra altitude, but it is great for covering long horizontal distances while falling. (Only damages the second it opens. Afterwards, if you're not careful, Lark can be gimped from recovering if the opponent were to hit him. If they end up hitting the parachute, the opponent takes damage)

Final Smash:
Cannon: The cannon from PW 64 is used by Lark in a manner almost identical to that of the Dragoon item in Brawl and Smash 4. A colossal cannon comes out of nowhere, dropping from the sky. Excitedly, Lark hops inside preparing to fire himself at his opponents from the foreground. Be very careful though, as Lark has quite a small window of time to fire himself at his opponents. He has a span of 15 seconds. If he does not fire himself in that window of time, the FS will abruptly cancel itself, and Lark will return to the stage as if nothing had just happened. If he does fire himself however, Lark will deal MASSIVE damage and knockback to whoever he manages to hit, to the point where it is almost always going to be a OHKO. BTW, it should be noted that the FS one-use only, so Lark must time the attack right, and position himself carefully.
Taunts:
Side: Lark makes a funny face in whatever direction he's facing.
Up: Lark takes off his helmet, blows on it, uses his elbow to wipe it clean, and straps it back on his head. BTW, during the time Lark's helmet is taken off, his messy, unkempt, semi-spiky hair can be seen. Obviously, this will be the only giveaway that Lark and Nester, the mascot of Nintendo Power, ARE in fact, the exact same person.
Down: Lark attempts to rapidly flap the wings of his Birdman suit, actually lifting himself off of the ground for about 3-5 seconds, he then gets tired and falls back down onto the ground, landing on his butt. All with a cheerful little smile.

Entrance:
Lark flies in via his Gyrocopter, and uses a parachute to float safely down to the ground. However, the parachute ends up covering his body, and he quickly struggles to get out from under it and eventually gets out.

Victory Poses:
1. Lark jumps up high into the air happily shouting "Yahoo!!!" Kiwi will yell "I won!"
2. The little penguin from Lark's side special attempts to waddle over to Lark, but instead Lark walks over to it, picks it up and gives it a big hug over their victory.
3. Lark basically performs his entrance animation from the start of a match, but this time, he can't get out from under the parachute.

I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could help me with palette swaps. I'm planning on having it that Kiwi (also from Pilot Wings 64) would be an alt. skin of Lark. I envision the costumes to be like this:

Lark:
Normal outfit (Red, white, yellow, orange) (Blue jeans) (Red sneakers) (Red and white helmet)
Goose (A character also from Pilot Wings 64) (United States-themed (Red, white, and blue) version of Lark's pilot outfit) (Red jeans) (Blue sneakers) (United States-themed helmet)
Hawk (Pilot Wings 64 character) (Red, Navy blue, and black version of Lark's pilot outfit) (Black jeans) (Black sneakers) (Yellow and green helmet)
Civilian outfit (Red baseball cap turned backwards, Black t-shirt with the #28 written on it) (Blue jeans) (Red sneakers)

Kiwi:
Normal outfit (Pink, cyan, purple, and orange pilot suit) (Pink shorts) (Orange shoes) (Pink helmet)
Ibis (PW 64 character) (Green, orange, and black version of Kiwi's pilot outfit) (Green shorts) (Yellow shoes) (Black helmet)
Hooter (PW 64 character) (Blue, white, and yellow version of Kiwi's pilot outfit) (Blue shorts) (Black shoes) (Blue and cyan helmet)
Civilian outfit (Yellow dress) (Cute little brown dress shoes)

So other than the Jetpack (which is now an item in the game), there are many other gadgets from the series to be used and some nods to the gameplay would make for a great gimmick. The Birdman suit would be great for aerial attacks, the cannon would make a great use for his launch game, the boost rings would be perfect stage control, and even some of the little penguins can have that NMr. Saturn treatment. So there's plenty of material that can be drawn from the games, even a hypothetical boss enemy (Mecha Hawk).

Overall, I wouldn't expect to see Lark as DLC, but he would make for a great newcomer if Sakurai continues with the Pilotwings representation in future games. An NX Pilotwings would go well with that upcoming console and make for some beautiful HD visuals (plus a potential new stage). So I wouldn't say that the character would be a bad idea of a fighter.

Predictions:

Mr Steveson: 0%
Majora Mask Stage : 16.4%

Nominations:

Mahjong Tile (Yakuman) x5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Riki

Chance: 2%
Want: 10%

- The things going against him are the fact that he's both an AT and part of Shulk's Final Smash.

Lark (Pilotwings)

Chance & Want: Abstain

Predictions

Mr. Stevenson: 0.8%
Majora's Mask Stage: 2.4%

Nomination

Rerate: Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Riki: DOUBLE ZEROES

Not only is he an assist trophy, he's part of a final smash. That's more than enough for me to consider him out of the question.

Riki's one of my favorite Xenoblade characters but I actually think he works best as an assist. And as I've said on past Xenoblade days, if the series got another character I think it's for the better if it was from X or another later game.

Lark's chances: 0.5%

I don't think a Pilotwings character has much of a shot here.

But I'd personally be fine with it.

Mr. Stevenson prediction: 0.11%
Majora's Mask stage prediction: 33.48%

Nominations: Poké Floats x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
More zeroes for all. One is from a brand new niche series that is gaining in popularity, but it is very Tingle-esque so will turn off the same type of people. Not to mention that he's an assist AND in a FS. The other is a long-forgotten character from a series which is more about the vehicles than the people who most don't even consider.

Predictions: Mr.Stevenson = 0.0, MM Stage = 5.0%

Nom: Smash run Ux5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Riki

Lark gets double zeroes

Nominations: SSB5 is console exclusive x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
RIKI THE HEROPON
CHANCE: 0.26%
WANT: 33.50%

LARK
CHANCE: 1.24%
WANT: 22.02%
Next up we're rating Mr. Stevenson from Gumshoe and the concept of us getting any Majora's Mask stage. Also please predict what score the concepts of us getting any Fire Emblem stage and Smash Run on the Wii U will get tomorrow

D

Deleted member

Double Zeroes for Mr. Stevenson

Majora's Mask Stage

Chance: 5%

It would probably be Great Bay.

Depends on what it is exactly.

Predictions:

Fire Emblem Stage - 2.1%

Smash Run on Wii U - 1%

Nomination: KOS-MOS Rerate x5

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Majora's Mask stage
Chance 16%
I think the most likely thing that will happen is Great Bay as 3DS exclusive, but aside from that, the chances don't look good with Pirate Ship back making a Majora's Mask the third dlc Zelda stage. Maybe Skull Kid being playable in Hyrule Warriors (FINALLY) might increase the odds.
Want 100%
Favourite Zelda game, I'd love to see one, although I have a hunch we might be getting one in Hyrule Warroirs legends, but thats a little off topic

Mr Stevenson
Double 0

Predictions
Smash Run Wii U 2.1%
Fire Emblem stage 4%

Nominate DLC characters returning to Smash 5's base game (preferably rating them separately) x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Mr. Stevenson

Chance - 0% - Put him with Duck Hunt's move set, where he belongs.

Want - 0% - Nope.

Majora's Mask Stage

Chance - 18.5% - Mostly lies in Great Bay returning. Otherwise, it's small enough to only just get noticed.

Want - 50% - Could be cool.

Predictions

WiiU Smash Run - 34.5% - Could be popular, could not be.

FE Stage - 2.24% - Unlikely due to not being bundled with Roy.

Nominations

Namco Develops SSB5 X5

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Mr. Stevenson chances (and want):

(Double zeroes)
Nope. Duck Hunt is a much more notable NES Zapper representative and Mr. Stevenson himself and his game are way too obscure to warrant playable representation in Smash.

-----

Majora's Mask stage chances: 15.8%
Great Bay could come back, but is overshadowed by Fourside and Fountain of Dreams imo, and while it may very well mean nothing we already have two retuning Legend of Zelda stages. Maybe we could get another brand new stage instead, but that's mostly a wild card.

Majora's Mask stage want: 60%
Majora's Mask is awesome and could very well get a stage. Though I don't have strong feelings about Great Bay.

-----

Fire Emblem DLC stage prediction: 4.11%
There's no candidate from a past game, so it'll be a wild card.

Smash Run on Wii U prediction: 0.15%
Would probably need too much work for a mode that had been marketed as a 3DS exclusive.

Nominating:
Concept: ballot runner-ups as SMM costumes x5

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Mr. Stevenson

Yeah he's not getting in.

He could have an interesting moveset, but he would also work well as an assist trophy.

Majora's Mask stage

Chance: 15%
I don't know about stages.

Want: 70%
Depends on the stage, I personally want Stone Tower Temple

Predictions: Fire Emblem stage DLC 1%

Predictions: Smash Run Wii U 2%

Nominations: Chin X5.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Mr. Stevenson

Chance and Want:0%

Majora's Mask:

Chance: 10%

Want:80%

Predictions:

Fire Emblem Stage 7.8%

Smash Run on Wii U: 1.67%

Nominate 7+DLC characters x5

Also could the Inklings be locked from being nominated for a rerate for a while because of all the rumours and drama that happened this week involving them?

Last edited:
Top Bottom