• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

D

Deleted member

Klonoa

Chance: Negligible (Approximately 0%)

A rather obscure Namco character.

Want: 50%

Indifferent. I'm thinking about trying his games out one day, though.

Barbara

Chance: 1%

A rather obscure first party character.

Want: 0%

Just...no.

Predictions:

Goku (Dragon Ball) - 0%

He's not a video game character.

Captain N - 0%

Neither is he, but we do already have Mega Man and Pit on the roster. Now if only Konami weren't falling apart, then we could have Simon as well and witness a reunion.

Actual Predictions:

Goku (Yuyuki) - 1%

N - 1%

Nominations: Soul Calibur Mii Costumes x5

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Abstaining from both characters today. For Klonoa, I only remember playing one of his games around 2004-2005, and I don't remember much about him since. In Barbara's case, I don't feel too interested in talking about her, not to mention I only remember for being an Assist Trophy in Brawl.

Predictions:

Goku (Yuyuki): 0.35%
N (Pokemon): 0.12%

I can already see people posting "Why N?" tomorrow when they rate him (and even I was nominating him just because I couldn't figure out a new character I wanted to nominate at the time), but now that I think about it, I have a feeling that some higher-than-zero scores will kick in from those that think he has moveset potential (even I'm beginning to realize that too). I'm well aware that he isn't going to do well tomorrow though.

Nominations:

But today, I did figure out a new character I want to nominate:

Fawful (Mario and Luigi): x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Klanoa

Chance - 0% - Not an influential figure, not majorly connected with Nintendo, not majorly requested, had a several year break... why?

Want - 0% - Nope. I could use a few less third parties at the moment.

Barbara the bat

Chance - 0.05% - Well, she was an assist trophy once. It has had another game sense then, alongside a cameo in a magic game... but she's not popular nor noteworthy.

Want - 3.5% - I remember her from the magic game, but that's it.

Predictions

Goku - 0.02% - Famicom fairy tales have better characters...

N - 0.45% - Maybe okay-ish? Kinda popular, but as of now is last generation with no mention in the latest games to my knowledge.

Nominations

Namco develops SSB5 X5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Klonoa

Chance: 2%

Barbara

Want: 5%

Predictions

Goku (Yuyuki): 0.4%
N: 1.3%

Nomination

Rerate: Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x5

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Aha! Finally!

Barbara
I'm not in denial. I know she's very unlikely due to her limited release. However she is a 1st party character that pops up in all sorts of games, so she has that going for her.
Want: 100%
Duh! Of course I want her. Barbara is a character that stands out from other Nintendo girls. In terms of style, personality, and what kinds of moves she could bring to the table. She's nothing like the other pure-hearted magical fairy princesses that we are accustomed to. This gal is a total erm... well she's a jerk. A total egocentric diva who loves to flirt and show off. She manipulative and greedy, but deep down does care about her bandmates.
As far as moves goes, Barbara is talented in all kinds of instruments that she could use to fight opponents. Beside whacking people with her guitar and sending out sonic chords, she could drum on enemy heads, toss tambourines, and more.
She has a lot going for her and I have a feeling once people get to know her many will become fans like me.

Klonoa
No more third parties please.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Klefki did get 0.04%? What a missed golden opportunity of having a flat zero chances character who isn't a third-party.

Klonoa chances: 0%
I think he's just too obscure to be even remotely considered. Just because we got Ryu doesn't mean we need to balance things out. He's Mii costume material, if anything.

Klonoa want: 0%
I don't think he's Smash material AT ALL, sorry. Not worthy of being a guest in Smash, at least.

-----

Barbara chances: 0.1%
At least she isn't third-party, but she's still a very obscure character. I don't think having a hat in Mii plaza or being removed from Assist Trophies means much. Maybe a reeeaaaaly low priority character for the base game, but I don't see it happening as DLC.

Barbara want: 5%
Wouldn't be a truly awful addition I guess. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, but that's not saying much.

-----

Goku prediction: 0.78%
At least he isn't the DBZ Goku, but that's not saying much.

N prediction: 0.96%
No transformations, and Zoroark, Reshiram and Zekrom already have other roles in the game.

Nominating:
Concept: ballot runner-ups as SMM costumes x1
Concept: non-playable only representation for indie character x4
(Also my nominations from yesterday weren't counted, so I would like to see them added as well. They were the same as the ones I'm giving today.)

Last edited:

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Klonoa chance: 0,7% Don't know much about the character apart from being from 3D platformers (and I'm not 100% sure of that)
Klonoa Want: 20% At least he is cute.

Barbara chance: 1,3% Only because she is first party
Barbara want: 5% Meh

Goku prediction: 1,71%
N Prediction 1,5%

Nominate: Splatoon Stage x5

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Klonoa Chance: 5%
  • 1% - Ryu was added as a second Capcom rep, perhaps Namco will get a second character as well.
  • 1% - Most recent game iterations of any other remaining purely Namco brand character.
  • 1% - Not yet represented in a Mii costume or cameo in Pacman's taunt.
  • 1% - I still believe his head was in the clouds during Smash trailers.
  • 1% - Great fun move set potential from source material.
Klonoa Want: 100%
  • My own personal bias.
  • Feel he has the best move set potential of any other remaining Namco character.
  • Has games on the Wii U virtual console.
  • Most games of any other purely Namco brand character on Nintendo consoles. (besides pacman)
  • Hasn't been deconfirmed by a Mii costume (Lloyd) isn't in a Pacman taunt (Valk & Donchan)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Klonoa
Chance:
0%

He's a pretty obscure character and isn't really a mascot for Namco. Ballot support was pretty low for him as well.
I actually want to play a Klonoa game one day. I also like his design admittedly.

Barbara
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

Being removed as an Assist Trophy means nothing, really. She is an obscure character with little to no support.
I don't want her for her hideous design.

Goku Prediction: 2.90%
The trolling will be high with this one.
N Prediction: .04%
Not before Red.

Nominations: Riki 5x

Laniv

Smash Lord
Klonoa:

Chance: 19%
Not too iconic, but at least he's not languishing in obscurity.

Want: 56%

Barbara:

Chance: 0.6%

Want: Abstain

Predictions for Goku: 3% Chance, 14% Want
Predictions for N: 5% Chance, 42% Want

Nominate DK Jr. x 5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Klonoa
Chance: 0.9%
Third party and not all that recognizable. I'll give the Dream Traveler a small score of 0.9%.
He might make a cool Assist though...

Want: 5%
Seems kind of cool, but there are still first party characters that I would rather have.

Barbara the Bat
Chance: 2.8%
Well, at least she's not an Assist Trophy anymore, but that doesn't make her that much more likely to become a playable character at this point now that we're getting DLC characters. I'll give the guitarist a rating of 2.8%.
Too bad she didn't stay as an Assist...

Want: 2%
Not that familiar with her.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Klonoa's Chance: 10%
We don't know if Namco will get a second character, but if they do, he has a better chance than most of their characters. Still, there isn't exactly a huge amount of demand for him.

Klonoa's Want: 5%
I have nothing for or against him, but I feel he'd be better as a Mii Costume. If Namco gets a second character, I rather it be Dig Dug.

----------

Barbara's Chance: 1%
An obscure characters with very little demand, it'd be a tough sell for Nintendo if she were paid DLC. At least she doesn't have a predefined role in this game, so it isn't entirely a zero chance.

Barbara's Want: 0%
Honestly, I really want her to reprise her role as an Assist Trophy. I would pay for that more than I would for her to be a playable character.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Klonoa

Chance:5%

Want:Abstained

Barbara

Chance and Want: 0%

Predictions:

Goku: 0.46%

N:0.67%

Nominate 7+DLC characters x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
extra nominations for Jibanyan and Klefki will be awarded tonight along with Klonoa and Barbara's

Chance for both: 0.5%

Klonoa is a Namco character, but doesn't have much else going for him and would be more likely to be a Mii costume. Barbara has a hat and is no longer an assist trophy, but she's not too well known or popular and thus would make little sense as optional content.

Klonoa want: 20%

Normally I'd want my third parties to be a little more notable than this but I kind of like the guy and I'd probably like playing as him. Still, he'd be better off a Mii costume.

Barbara want: 10%

I thought she was an alright choice for an assist and wouldn't mind if she returned to that role some day. As a playable character though, I'm not too interested.

Yuyuki Goku prediction: 0.32%
N prediction: 0.85%

Nominations: Riki x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Klonoa

Chance: 10%

He does have that notable support in Japan and a cult following in many other countries. But with how Namco had been treating his franchise lately, it's completely unsure if the company would be alright with him being a fighter in Smash.

Want: 80%

Growing up with the PlayStation was great since Klonoa itself is a rather underrated series of platformers and seeing him in Smash would make my inner child scream with joy. Like Pac-Man, Klonoa would be a great fit in the Smash roster and let;s not forget the possible inclusion of this song.

Barbara

Chance: 2%

Minimal requests are not enough to save a character who's no longer an Assist Trophy and from a series of region exclusive music games. She would be in a better position if all of her games were bought to many places.

Want: 40%

Not my personal favorite, but I would like to see what this bad bat ***** is capable of. Reminds me of my girlfriend, but much less greedy and gothic.

Yuyuki Goku prediction: 0%
N prediction: 0%

Nominations: Mahjong Tile (Yakuman)

Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Klonoa
Chances: 10%
While I like him and wouldn't mind him being in Smash, I think most people would want someone who either had more Nintendo-Nostalgia backing them or a game that was released with in at least 5 years. Klonoa didn't appear on a Nintendo console until 2001-2002, on the GBA, and his most recent game was a re-release of his original game on the Wii in 2008.

Barbara the Bat: Abstain
I don't know enough about Barbara or her game to really say anything, however...

Interesting characters are interesting character, plus more women representation on the roster is never a bad thing. :D

Predictions:
Yuyuki Goku: 2.3%
N: 2%

Nomination:
Wanted: Poke-Float x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
KLONOA
CHANCE: 3.48%
WANT: 23.53%

BARBARA THE BAT
CHANCE: 1.05%
WANT: 12.81%
Next up we're rating Goku of Yuyuki and N of Pokemon, also please predict what score Riki of Xenoblade and Lark of Pilot Wings will get tomorrow.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Goku

Chance - 0.03% - Donbe or Hikari would be chosen over him first.

Want - 20% - Journey to the west is a good story, but Donbe or Hikari receive too much priority for me to care about him first.

N

Chance - 1.25% - While he was popular once, he seems to have dropped off as of the latest generation. With no confirmed future, I don't think he has much of a chance. That said, he was practically the one who the entire story revolved around last generation, so their's that.

Want - 49.5% - Vaguely interested, but all in all I think we should mostly stick with the Pokemon after the Trainer proved to be too much work.

Predictions

Riki - 0.13% - Final Smash and Assist Trophy? Wow, that's a big double whammy.

Lark - 3.24% - Just tossing this out.

Never mind, I got wins!

Nominations

Namco develops SSB5 X10

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Goku

Chance: 0%

Want: 60%

Partially because of his name.

N

Predictions:

Riki - 0.14%

Lark - 2.3%

Nominations: Soul Calibur Mii Costumes x5

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Today's ratings: zero four times

Goku comes from an obscure and historically anecdotal title. He got references in a few Kirby titles, but that's not saying much. And no, his name doesn't mean anything.

I don't want obscure retros just for the sake of obscure retros. Maybe he could get revived, but that's too much of a big "if" to be worth it. Kid Icarus got revived, but Ice Climbers didn't, plus for what I believe KI wasn't as obscure as other NES titles. He's trophy material, at best.

N is one human character out of many in the Pokémon universe and the only time we got one in Smash it was actually a background NPC who's the trainer of actual playable Pokémon and didn't return in Smash 4 due to the removal of what made him join the roster in the first place. N's moveset could involve Zoroark, Reshiram and Zekrom, but those already have other roles as NPCs.

I'm not interested in seeing N playable in Smash. The key Pokémon directly assimilated to him already having other roles would make his inclusion pointless, and regardless, he would feel out of place alongside the other playable Pokémon representatives who are actual Pokémon.

-----

Lark prediction: 1.88%
We already have non negligible Pilotwings representation, so maybe it will help his ratings.

Riki prediction: 0.34%
Having two roles as NPC will cause his score to be very low.

Nominating:
Concept: ballot runner-ups as SMM costumes x5
My other concept will have to wait for now.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Quad zeroes. Goku is only even in peoples' minds to troll people who want the DBZ character in Smash, not because of the games. N is from a series where the human characters are largely irrelevant, and the only one we got last game was a cut background character who only returned a third of the way (I'd love to get the rest back, but those two have little support)

Predictions: 0.5% both

Nom: Smash Run U

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
Quad Zeroes:
There's too many Pokemon as it is, and I'd rather have a Pokemon than a trainer.
Goku is just a troll move.

Predictions:
Lark: 1.05%
Riki: 0.76%
Noms:
Maxwell(Scribblenauts)x5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Goku Chance: 0%
He may not be DB Goku, but he's still not getting in.

Want: 10%
I'm sick of surprise characters. Let's just bring in the big names like K. Rool, Toad, Meowth, etc. first, at least. Too bad that'll never happen... Anyways, the only reason why this is getting above a zero is because of the reactions from DB Goku's supporters.

N: Double Zeroes
N-ope!

Squirtle X5

:007:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Goku (Yuyuki)
Chance: 0.1%
:laugh: Hehehehe-hahahaha-HAHAHAHAHA. :glare: I'll give Goku a 0.1%.
No...

Want: 0.1%
Abstain from explanation.

N
Chance: 0.2%
I don't really see why or how they would make this work. I'll give the puppet leader of Team Plasma a score of 0.2%.
Maybe the Pokemon franchise should continue to be represented with Pokemon...

Want: 0.1%
Not interested.

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Goku
Chance:
100%

Whenever I went on Miiverse, there was one name that I saw over and over again: Goku. It's practically impossible for Sakurai to ignore this highly requested character!
Want: 100%
I mean, why wouldn't you want Goku? He's the best Dragon Ba-
Wait... we're not rating that Goku? Oh... OK.

Goku
REAL Chance:
0%

He isn't that requested and his game is practically unknown outside of Japan. There MIGHT be some controversy if he was added because he shares a name with a certain Dragon Ball character. His support is also pretty damn small.
REAL Want: 100%
The troll potential would be incredible.

N
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

N is a popular Pokemon character, but the Pokemon Trainer was removed from the game. That would be N's concept as a fighter... unless he goes around and beats the crap out of people, which would be very uncharacteristic of him. His ballot support was also small.
Not interested to be honest.

Riki Prediction: .87%
Riki no do good! Riki fight for sidekick in the Smashing of Brothers!
Lark Prediction: 2.22%
*shrugs*

Nominations: Prince Fluff 5x

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Goku channce: 0,5% Just for the trolling potential.
Goku want: 5% (See above)

N Chance: 1,1% It was really important in his game.
N want: 15% If a Pokemon trainer enters the fray, I would like to be him.

Riki prediction: 2,1%
Lark prediction: 0,82%

Nominate: Splatoon stage x10

Mario123311

Smash Ace
A bit late but for Yesterday:

Klonoa

Before you say any excuses, No. This character is beyond obscure and I don't see his games anywhere near interesting, It's basically just Wario Land drugged up with a bad Sonic OC. ((Yes, I said it. Flame me.)) Considering how few games this character has even had of recent, People need to understand this.

After I've had some rabbid fanboys telling me how this character deserves to be put in over Pac-Man, the name "Klonoa" alone has left a sour taste in my mouth. Seriously, Does "Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and... Klonoa" sound right? No, it doesn't. Plus, oh sure: Completely ignore the Pac-Man World trilogy and bring up the "Yellow Pizza" excuse... *sigh* At least he doesn't assault my ears with one single clip of "WAHOO!" Every time he jumps.

And before you ask, I looked at his games: And again. It's just Wario Land injected with drugs with the greedy treasure hunter replaced with a bad Sonic OC. Again, Flame me: But this character has left a very bitter taste for me.

But anyways, for Today...

Goku
It's not that overrated DBZ character is it? It isn't...? Phew.
Chance: 45.3%

Barbra
Chance: 34%
Want: 25%

She was already an Assist Trophy in Brawl, Considering the game she was from... I really dunno. Starfy deserves to be put in over her IMO.

Last edited:

Questriolu

Smash Cadet
Klonoa

Chance: 5-10%
Admittingly, his chances aren't that high due to him not having much games, but looking back at his weapons and abilitys from his games, he does have some pretty nice weaponry and abilities to work well for Smash. His games may be obsolete, but he does have two Gameboy games for the Wii U(why not on the 3DS?) and a remake of the original game for the Wii. Sure we have a lot of Third-Party characters, but still I believe that Klonoa could be a good character to be added. Though a forgotten character, he has quite a lot of cameos in games and comics. He is underrated, yet decent.

Want: 75%
His moveset has great gameplay potential. Just to make sure, they better not make Wind Bullet broken.

Barbara

Chance and Want: ?
I seriously have no idea who Barbara is, aside from the assist trophy of her.

Goku

Chance and Want: 1%
Six words: Not originally a video game character.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Abstaining from Goku today.

Before reading, watch this video below. Only watch until the 24 second mark though. It's setting the scene for the character we are rating.

N

What N has going against him is the lack of ballot support and the lack of moveset potential, at least if the Pokemon Trainer is anything to go by (where the Pokemon Trainer can't be implemented into Smash 4 since Sakurai couldn't make transformations work). He would also stick out like a sore thumb amongst all the other Pokemon in the Smash Bros roster, especially when the other six are all Pokemon and not human characters, which means it could make better sense for the 7th Pokemon rep to be another Pokemon. In addition, he hasn't made a re-appearance in generation 6 compared to the most commonly requested generation 5 reps.

N, however, is a popular character from the Pokemon series. Not only that, but he also plays a very important role in the stories of all the generation 5 games, basically being one of the main characters. Coming from an unrepresented Pokemon generation in the Smash roster, one could argue that he could fit as a generation 5 rep due to his importance to that generation.

Originally, I was completely against adding a human character from the Pokemon series into Smash Bros. That would change when I thought about N recently.

I remember reading a comment on Smashboards about how Luke from the Professor Layton series could attack his foes by summoning animals to help him out in various ways (can't remember where, but maybe it could've been on Descole's day). I thought how reasonable it was for Luke to do that since he was known to communicate with animals on different occasions and received their help because of that.

N from Pokemon is quite similar. Like Luke, he can communicate with animals (or technically Pokemon as I should be saying), ask for their help for a short time (N always uses a different team against you each time you battle him in Black/White), and then release them once their job was done. This concept could be translated into Smash Bros by having a certain Pokemon appear very briefly for an attack before disappearing; think of the Villager and how he uses objects at random, except with N's case, N would use different generation 5 Pokemon for certain attacks. Here's a moveset I came up with that applies this concept.

Normal Attacks:

Jab: Grabs a Purloin by its hind legs and uses it to scratch the opponent, with the multi jab involving a continuous scratch from the dark cat Pokemon.

Dash Attack: Drops a Ferroseed in the same way as Villager drops a pot for its dash attack, except Ferroseed bounces once instead of completely dropping to the ground on the spot.

Tilt Attacks:

Side Tilt: Summons a Timburr to slam its log directly in front of itself

Up Tilt: Summons a Scraggy to perform Hi Jump Kick, performing a kick directly above N.

Down Tilt: Summons a Mienfoo to perform Low Kick.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Aerial: A Vanilluxe suddenly appears and swirls around N. As it circles, it emits an icy breath.

Front Aerial: A Drillbur appears in front of N and performs a slash with its claws.

Back Aerial: A Woobat appears and attacks anyone behind N using Heart Stamp

Up Aerial: A Durant hops onto N's shoulder and uses Bug Bite, attacking anyone directly above N

Down Aerial: A Sandile appears, and N helps it travel downward by grabbing onto its tail. Once he Sandile is at N's leg level, it performs a bite that has a meteor effect the moment its jaw closes.

Throws:

Grab: Pulls out a Sewaddle, and the Sewaddle uses String Shot to blow a string of silk. The style is similar to Lucas, Zero Suit Samus, and Link's grabs. The grab can also be used for tether recovery.

Pummel: N places a Joltik onto the opponent and holds it at the opponent's chest. The Joltik proceeds to damage the opponent with its electric powers.

Forward Throw: A Minccino jumps in front of N and uses Tail Slap on the opponent, launching him/her forward.

Back Throw: A Pidove flies down and then travels towards N directions, flying into the opponent and attacking him/her from being.

Up Throw: A Karrablast appears from behind N and uses its horn to attack the opponent, launching him/her upwards.

Down Throw: A Klink appears from behind N. The Klink then uses Gear Grind to bring the opponent to the ground and grind him/her while he/she lies down. The opponent is then launched upwards.

Smash Attacks:

Side Smash: N summons a Darmanitan to use Tackle on the opponent.

Up Smash: N summons a Darmanitan to use Fire Punch, delivering a powerful punch with effects of fire that is launched upward.

Down Smash: N summons a Darmanitan to use Hammer Arm. How Darmanitan uses it is similar to Bowser Jr.'s Down Special.

The reason I have Darmanitan used for all of N's special attacks is a reference to the Pokemon Black/White opening where you see a Darmanitan wrap its arm around N when he was child, indicating a very close bond between the two.

Special Attacks:

Normal Special: Sigilyph Aid - A Sigilyph appears and delivers a Psybeam attack. The attack is chargeable. The longer you charge, the farther and the stronger the beam will be.

Side Special: Bouffalant's Aid - N calls forth a Bouffalant, and once it appears, N hops onto its back. From there, you use the Bouffant similar to Gogoat in Smash Bros where it rams through opponents as it travels through the stage. Unlike Gogoat, however, Bouffalant head will glow bright red as it travels forward. When it hits an opponent after at least 3 seconds, its head glows the brightest red possible and delivers a powerful head-but that deals the same amount of damage as a fully charged Skull Bash from Pikachu.

Up Special: Archeops's Aid - N summons an Archeops that immediately flies to wherever N is. He then grabs it by its legs as the Archeops proceeds to carry him. The way how this attack operates from there is similar to Villager's Up Special. You can fly everywhere you want for a good period of time. However, if the opponent lands two attacks on Archeops, Archeops will fly away, immediately rendering N helpless. This is a reference to Archeops's Deafitist ability, which basically turns it into a much weaker Pokemon when its HP is halved.

Down Special: Carracosta's Aid - A Carracosta appears and wraps its arms around N. Carracosta's shell will protect N from any any attack in front of N, and the way it is used is similar to Pit's Down Special from Brawl.

Final Smash: Pokemon Instinct - N summons a Zorua that jumps over his shoulder. If it lands on the ground, the Final Smash does nothing. If it hits an opponent, the screen turns white. A cinematic Final Smash is about to take place!

The opponent finds him/herself in a deep forest, which is reminiscent to the forest we find the child N from the Pokemon Black/White opening. We then see performing some sort of calling gesture as he cries out, "Now my friends, come forth and lend me a hand." Suddenly a Darmanitan, a Woobat, and a Zorua emerge from the shrubs. The Darmanitan delivers a strong punch that sends the opponent flying into Woobat, and Woobat uses Heart Stamp to send the opponent flying into Darmanitan.

The opponent is attacked back and forth for about two seconds until Zorua's eyes start to turn blue (it was previously watching the opponent get attacked). Darmanitan and Woobat immediately look up and jump back a distance once they notice Zorua jump. Zorua then raises its two front paws into the air. When the two paws touch the ground, a crimson forcefield of energy is unleashed and slams into the opponent, knocking him/her away. The cinematic then adds as the opponent is launched very far, leading to a OHKO in most occasions.

Once again, this attack is a reference to the Pokemon Black/White opening when we first learned that he was raised by Pokemon when he was a child. Those specific Pokemon that appear for the attack a reference to this very image from the opening (seen below).

Yes, Zoroark, Reshiram, and Zekrom would all make for more fitting Pokemon for his Final Smash, but since they all have a predefined role already in Smash Bros, those Pokemon have to be ruled out. In place of them, however, Zorua fits pretty well. Not only do we see it in the opening, but you can also obtain a Zorua in the Pokemon Black2/White2 games that is revealed to be N's Zorua. Thus, Zorua is up there as one of N's most important Pokemon, hence why I gave it the role of delivering the final attack for N's Final Smash. The Darmanitan the Woobat are there as that sort of added bonus.

Note:
As previously stated, the Pokemon will disappear shortly after N uses it for an attack.

Personally, I don't see N's moveset looking similar to the Pokemon Trainer from Brawl. This particular quote from N sums up the reason why I think that.

"As long as Pokemon are confined in Poke Balls... Pokemon will never become perfect beings. I have to change the world for Pokemon, because they are my friends." - N's words after you defeat him for the first time

Yep, you heard him. He's completely against the idea of capturing Pokemon and then using these Pokemon for the sake of Pokemon Battles, which is what the Pokemon Trainer in Brawl is meant to embody. Like I previously stated, N completely contradicts the Pokemon Trainer ideology by simply calling a Pokemon forth to aid in a certain task. In the anime, for instance, he calls upon two Alomomola while out at sea to heal Ash's Pikachu. In the games, he will call wild Pokemon forth wherever he is located to confront the player (N will obviously get hurt if he decides to attack the player's Pokemon head on, hence why he does this). N's approach towards Pokemon this way could make for some interesting moveset possibilities, and you can already tell my moveset reflects N's philosophy.

As for why else I want him? He is my favorite character from the generation 5 games, and arguably one of my favorite human characters from the Pokemon series. It was very interesting to his philosophy in Black/White and see how it changed a bit when the sequels came around. He even has a pretty cool design: simple yet with a few neat touches, such as the rubix cube, the necklace, and that ponytail. I even remember him for saying one of the most inspirational lines in any Pokemon game ever released.

"You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world! If anyone can, it's you!"

Pretty inspirational, isn't it. I would love to hear a similar quote like this if he was in Smash.

The reason why I haven't given N a very high want score is because I would prefer seeing another Pokemon join the Smash roster at this point, but after writing all of this, I can't help but think that the idea of at least one human character in Pokemon's Smash 4 lineup would look... odd yet... very interesting. He could make for a pretty good generation 5 rep due to his importance in Black/White and his sequels.

Alas, his chances of joining Smash are low, but I'd be happy to see a Mii Costume based around him. At least we already have some sort of representation of N in Smash thanks to N's Castle in Smash 3DS, along with an awesome medley composition of N's Castle theme in Smash 4.

Predictions:

Riki (Xenoblade): 0.04%
Lark (Pilotwings): 0.41%

Nominations:

Fawful (Mario & Luigi): x5

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Quad Zeroes.

Predictions:

Riki: 0.14%

Lark:0.66%

Nominations:

Lloyd Irving x5

Nominate 7+DLC characters.

Questriolu

Smash Cadet
You do realize that we're rating Goku from an old Famicom game called Yuyuki and NOT the other Goku, right?
O...kay, nevermind, to be fair, I actually don't know that Goku from the old Famicom. Sorry. I just don't have a good memory with the Famicom.

Last edited:
Top Bottom