• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Also please predict what score a Blaz-Blu Rep.......(Oh no).......Ice Climbers will get tomorrow.
When I was nominating the whole Blazblue deal, I did not refer to the idea of a single Blazblue rep. Rather, I was referring to Blazblue representation in general. I'm going to quote what I said when I first began nominating this concept.

When I mean "representation", I am not only referring to possible character inclusions. I'm also referring to Mii costumes, stages, possible music, etc. (moreso character inclusion and Mii costume possibilities though). Blazblue has become a really popular video game series in recent years, and with popular fighter games like Tekken and Virtual Fighter already getting representation via Mii Costumes, I'm curious to see if there's any interest for potential Blazblue representation in Smash Bros.
So yes, just as it states, tomorrow's concept that we will be rating also includes the idea of Mii Fighter costumes, and perhaps even stage music if you want to go an extra mile.

I'll post my ratings for Wolf and today's concept of no more third parties later.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Wolf:

Chance: 84%
Really, I don't see anything in his way. He's popular, has a new game coming up, and is generally the most likely veteran.

Want: 100%

No more third parties:

Chance: 46%

Want: 60%
"After Pac-Man, where do you go in terms of iconic?"

Predictions for Ice Climbers: 11% Chance, 83% Want
Predictions for BlazBlue character: 34% Chance, 36% Want

Nominate Savvy Stylist x 10

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Wolf
Chance: 50%
Want: 20% Cool, but isen't krystal.

No more third party characters
Chance: 60% I'm possitive we are getting AT LEAST ONE third party character.
Want: 50% I like Nintendo characters mostly but theres a few Third party character out there that I think would be cool to have.

Nominate: IDK Pyramid head....x2

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Wolf
Chance:
50%

I can see it go either way, but I think that he is the most likely to get in.
Though, I am unsure if he will be pre-planned or if he will need the ballot to get in...
Either way, he is a highly wanted veteran and is the least divisive of the remaining ones.
I was devastated when he was cut.

No More Third Party Characters
Chance:
50%

Again, I can see this go either way. But, I think the third party character in question needs to have as much popularity and legacy as Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Ryu.
Want: 0%
I have one word to say...
Objection.gif

Two of my most wanted characters are Phoenix Wright and Bomberman! I would love to see them in Smash!

Ice Climbers Prediction: 17.17%
Oh dear.
Blaz Blue Character Prediction: 5.47%
Definitely going to be low.

Nominations: Goku 5x

E=Mewtwenty2

Smash Cadet
Wolf chance: 65%: Nothing much to say other than that he's the most likely, especially if we ignore the ballot.
Wolf want: 100%: See sig.

No More Guests chance: 40%: No comment.
No More Guests want: 50%: There's one guest I'd still like to see, but I won't be upset if doesn't get in.

BlaZBlue: 3.21%
Ice Climbers: 15.20%

X5 Dr. Eggman

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Wolf chance: 77%
It's the one I'm most sure it will happen. I wouldn't give any other more than 50%
Wolf want: 100%
Unlike in brawl, I'm thinkinng on giving him a try.

No more third Party:
50% I'm not really sure... There are many third party characters demanded in the ballot, but the burden and money of making one over a first party character is detrimental...
It depends on who those characters are.

BlazBlue Prediction: 2%
Ice climbers: 1%

(Re)rate Grovyle x 5

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
SmashChu SmashChu I'm curious to see your stance on today's concept's chances :p
I assume you're talking about the thrid party and Wolf one correct?

First, let's look at which third party characters got in:
Snake - Requested by Kojima. Confirmed numerous times.
Sonic - Highest requested character for Brawl. Confirmed by Miyamoto
Mega Man - Another popular characters. Fans thought he was going to be in Brawl.
Pac-Man: Mostly because Namco was working on the game, though was only going to get in if Sakurai could use the old design. Somewhat popular, but was very mixed due to his new look and not much in the way of abilities.
Ryu - Never confirmed, but it may have been Capcom asking or Sakurai wanting to add in a fighting game character. Likely done because he's easy to implement (humanoid characters)

Sonic, Megaman and Ryu have some history with Nintendo, as does Pac-Man to a lesser degree. Snake is really a Sony character which is likely why Sakurai didn't ask to have him come back. Also, Megaman, Sonic and Pac-Man (to a lesser degree) were alll highly requested. Let's look who is coming up now

Banjo-Kazzoie - Too many legal issues with the rights to Banjo being owned by Nintendo's rival. Phil Spencer did say he would like it, but I doubt any of the higher ups would go along with it.
Ray-Man - He's dropped off a lot recently and isn't that popular in Japan.
Shovel Knight - Game isn't out in Japan. He's popular amoung message board goers, but likely most people wont know who he is (game has only sold 700K)
Shantae - Everything above, but worse
Bomberman - Konami is in a weird place and may not want to partner with another company. They also want nothing to do with Hudson's IPs so they likely wont give Bomberman
Snake - Sakurai has likely passed on him given his poor relationship to Nintendo. There is also the issue with Kojima and Konami.

I may be missing someone, but you get the point. Sakurai has said that he's not going to add just anyone from another company; however, fans think anyone will be added. If you look at tghe most popular characters worldwide, there will not be a lot of third party characters. Most of the ones I've listed are only really popular in the west. The ones that are popular in Japan are only popular there (i.e. Yo-kai Watch). Snake is the only exception, but Nintendo and Sakurai likely don't want him, and probably wont go though the legal hoops to get a veteran.

The most popular characters right now (as far as we know) are Wolf, King K Rool, the Inklings Bandana Dee to a smaller degree. That's not to say these guys will get in, but if you are talking popularity, you'd look at these guys.

So I would say the chances of a new third party character is slim since there really aren't any other strong characters left. As for Wolf, he's likely, but I would not say 100%. You never know what Sakurai is going to do.

Affluent Brit

Smash Rookie
Ah, Wolf. I know my good friend AlphaSSB AlphaSSB wants him back tremendously. I think that he is very likely, as well as very requested. I cannot see Nintendo passing up a marketing opportunity by giving us back Wolf along side Star Fox Zero. It is just like the Inkling costumes with Splatoon, only it would be with a complete character. I see no reason for someone not to want him.
Chances for the return of Wolf: 99%
My want for the return of Wolf: 100%

Now onto the topic of no more third party representation. I truely believe that this is the case. The situation with Snake returning is very. very much clouded at the moment. It is a shame as well, seeing as he is almost as requested as our dear Wolf. I saw something regarding Bomberman possibly being a spirituar processor of Snake in some way, but I am unsure of how this would play out. As for independent characters like Shovel Knight and Shantae, I do not believe that they are very likely as well. Maybe a trophy or Mii Fighter Outfit at the most would come to the light of day. In short, I don't think that there are any more coming.
Chances for no more third party representation: 75%
My want for no more third party representation: 50%

Prediction for (Blaz-Blu?) representation: 2%
Prediciton for the return of the Ice Climbers: 20%

@LIQUID12A , @ Affluent Brit Affluent Brit , and @[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer] all win for Isaac, while @ CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica wins for the All-Star one.
Oh, look here! It seems that I had won an extra five nominations from when we re-rated Isaac! In which case, I would like to put down all ten nominations towards the re-rating of Impa.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Affluent Brit Affluent Brit Oh damn, thanks for the notice!

RATINGS
WOLF
Chance: 99% -- We're rerating Wolf... again? Looks like I have a good idea for a nomination... Anyways, Wolf. Nintendo would be stupid not to bring Wolf back. He has an obscenely high amount of supporters across the world, he would be easy to bring back, his series has a new game coming out, and so much more. The planets are all perfectly alligned for him to come back, all we're waiting for is for his reveal. Nintendo would be stupid not to take advantage of a Star Fox Zero marketing opportunity.

Want: 100% -- My main Brawl, Project M, Star Fox Assault, Star Fox Command, etc. Wolf is one of my favorite characters in gaming, and it is a damn shame that he was cut from the roster.

NO MORE 3RD PARTIES
Chance: 80% -- Snake, by far, has the best chance out of all the third party candidates, and his chances aren't even that good now. Banjo & Kazooie belong to a direct competitor of Nintendo, Shovel Knight and Shantae are equally liked and hated indies, Bomberman isn't very likely, and Rayman probably isn't happening either. Personally though, four is enough 3rd Party representation for me, but I'd make room for Snake.

Want: 50% -- I only want Snake or Banjo & Kazooie and wouldn't mind Bomberman. I do not want Shovel Knight, Shantae, or Rayman, though. So, out of six possible candidates, I'd only be okay with half of them.

PREDICTIONS
Blaz-Blu Represntation: 0%
Ice Climbers: 20%

NOMINATIONS
Maximum three re-rates: 5x -- Am I allowed to do this?

Troykv

Smash Master
Wolf:

Chance: 90%

Usually my rates are something like:

0%-1% = Practically Impossible Character
1%-5% = Unlikeable character
5-15% = Possible Option but with many issues
15-25% = Characters with the right things to be considered but doesn't have actual popularity or support / Possible Option with issues but less that the previous options
25-40% = Character that I believe can compete in the Smash Ballot with both populariy
40-55% = The most likeable options

Everything above 40% is a absurdly rarely used for me, and only a few character that has everything to shine in the Smash Ballot (Gameplay Potential, Popular, "Underpresented", with Legacy and Future, don't breaks the game, lacks property issues, etc).

One character has everything said, and even other thing that makes me and other people wonder: Why he hasn't been selected yet?.

He is an actual (formerly) Smash Bros character.

This trait is shared with Pichu, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake and the Ice Climbers. But Wolf is the only that has the previosusly said aspects that makes a character likeable in the Smash Ballot.

Want: 55%

I don't have any special conneciton with the character, but I respect his fans (at least the fans that don't do... weird things).

No More Heroes Third Party Characters

A coin flip, we don't have any special sign to believe this or that.

Want: 50%

This depends a lot with the actual characters.

Predictions:

Blaz-Blue Representation: 1.33%
Rerate! Ice Climbers: 17.34%

Nominations:

Ayumi Tachibana x5

Affluent Brit Affluent Brit
I will not re-rate again Micaiah, I was sure of that since the second re-rate, Okay? :D

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Wolf:
Chances: 75% Has everything going for him, but I can't help but feel like we're just assuming too much. He wasn't in the game at launch which is truly puzzling, and he's more likely than not, I have this bad feeling, I hope I'm wrong.
Want: 90% I like Wolf, and he absolutely deserves to be in the game, however I won't be satisfied with just him being included, while I like him, it's not nearly to the same degree as some others, and he should have been here since the beginning, I won't be very happy if the only character I want that we get is Wolf.

No more third party characters:
Chances: Abstain, way too unpredictable for me to rate accurately.
Want: 90% I love Dr. Eggman and would like to see Snake again, but 3 or more first parties sounds better to me, (Bandana Dee's chances are much higher with 3 than 2).

Predictions: Blazblue rep: 5%
Ice Climbers: 12%

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
I may be missing someone, but you get the point. Sakurai has said that he's not going to add just anyone from another company; however, fans think anyone will be added. If you look at tghe most popular characters worldwide, there will not be a lot of third party characters. Most of the ones I've listed are only really popular in the west. The ones that are popular in Japan are only popular there (i.e. Yo-kai Watch). Snake is the only exception, but Nintendo and Sakurai likely don't want him, and probably wont go though the legal hoops to get a veteran.
I agree with most of what you've said, but Iwould like to suggest that Layton is another Third Party that is popular in both the West and Japan. This combined with his relative demand, gives him quite a high chance, I feel.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I agree with most of what you've said, but Iwould like to suggest that Layton is another Third Party that is popular in both the West and Japan. This combined with his relative demand, gives him quite a high chance, I feel.
Layton use to be popular, but he's not anymore. The Layton series was also more popular in general on the DS, but the seriesn't hasn't been a big name in recent years. Layton really isn't popular in the west or Japan. Furthermore, the characters struggles with a lack of any specific abilities. He can sword fight and thats about it. His moveset would have to be goofy and somehow reference puzzles, but there isn't much to go off of. He's in the same boat as a lot of third party characters.

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice
Ray-Man - He's dropped off a lot recently and isn't that popular in Japan.
I'm actually a huge Rayman fan. I didn't vote honestly because the ballot is basically over. Otherwise 100 %want / 70% chance here lol

Wolf:

Want 0%

No history with the guy

Chance 45%

It's pretty odd Ice Climbers could have came out before Wolf.And that he needs this ballot to be in where new characters got in earlier. Since votes aren't what matters the most, I don't think he's as likely anymore with Sakurai.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Wolf

Chance: 85%

One of the ballot forerunners at the moment. Overwhelming ballot popularity, veteran status, new StarFox game coming soon that makes him relevant again, popular + iconic character from his home series in general, what more can you possibly ask? Only reason I can't give this a 100% chance is because we can't be sure about what Sakurai thinks about bringing Wolf back.

Want: 80%

Wolf was one of my secondaries in Brawl when the game was first released, and he felt the most unique out of the other Star Fox characters on the roster. He's my most wanted veteran at this point, and he'd be welcome addition in my eyes. Only reason why he doesn't get a 100% chance score is because I feel more interested in seeing newcomers join the roster thanks to the Smash Ballot at this point.

No more Third Parties After Ryu

Chance: 30%

We certainly have an iconic group of third parties at the moment: Sega's mascot, Sonic, Capcom's mascot, Megaman, Namco's mascot, Pac-man, and now the icon of all fighting games, Ryu. With four third parties currently on a roster, one of which was already included with DLC, it's understandable as to why we may not be seeing more third party characters, especially when you consider that Smash is supposed to an All-Star Fighting game for Nintendo characters.

But I'm convinced there's a good chance we'll be seeing another third party character after Ryu. Some of the more popular characters on the Smash Ballot scene are third party characters, particularly Snake, Layton, Bomberman, Shovel Knight, and Shantae. When you look at what they bring to the table aside from popularity, it's possible one of the characters that will be included through the Ballot will likely be a third party.

That moment when your most wanted character for Smash is a third party character... yeah, I think that alone should explain why I'm against this concept.

Predictions:

BlazBlue Representation: 5.81%
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber): 4.37%

I already know the concept of Blazblue representation won't really do well in the chance department tomorrow for reasons that will eventually be explained, but I don't think it will be a total flop since this is representation we are talking about (as in Mii Fighter Costumes count). It's mostly the want scores I am most interested in seeing for tomorrow.

Nominations:

N (Pokemon): x5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Wolf
Chance: 68%
Still the most likely veteran to come back at this point. The question is will we get another veteran? We've already gotten three of them, and with the strong possibility of only three DLC characters left I could see Sakurai and the team opting for newcomers only at this point. If we really are getting three remaining characters and one of them is a veteran, we'll have more DLC veterans than newcomers. I'm not sure if I feel that's what Sakurai would do since he wants DLC to not feel like cut content. Despite how much Wolf has going for him, I've never been able to shake the feeling that Sakurai might pass on him for whatever reason. It's happened before with previous veterans; who's to say it won't happen again through DLC? I still think Wolf is more likely than not; just not as likely as everyone seems to feel. I don't think he's a lock by any means. I'll give Star Fox's rival a total of 68%, which is a 4% drop from my previous rating and a 22% drop from my first rating respectively.
Hopefully we will see at least one more veteran for DLC...

Want: 70%
I never used him, but I feel like he deserves to come back. He has many fans, and Star Fox feels a little underrepresented without its rival especially since there's a new Star Fox game coming out soon.

No More Third Party Characters
Chance: 74%
I seem to be one of the few who feels like this is a likely scenario. Reason being is that we already got a third party DLC character in the form of Ryu. Because of that I believe Sakurai is probably set on third party characters at this point. As if to say we already got our third party DLC character and there's no need for more. People bring up the fact that Nintendo has allowed us to vote for any video game character, and I actually think that's a very good point. But the thing is are they not going to allow it? Also, this Ballot will help determine what characters might get chosen for future Smash titles. It's better to see what third parties people might want now so they can include them in that game when the time comes. This is just the way I see it. I'll give this lack of third party concept a score of 74%.
Remember that there are still plenty of first party characters to choose from...

Want: 87%
At this point, there just aren't any third party characters that I genuinely want to see in the game except for one.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wolf
Chance: 90%

Honestly, I'd be more surprised if he didn't make it in. The veterans cut between Brawl and the latest games are all pretty popular, and Wolf is no exception to that. He's in the same boat as Lucas in terms of gameplay (being based on another character but still pretty unique in terms of his basic attacks), and he actually has a game coming out, so I don't see why they wouldn't add him.

Want: 75%
I definitely like him more than I did when the Brawl roster was initially leaked, now that I've had time to see that he's a pretty unique character despite being based on Fox to some degree. However, I'd much rather see Snake over Wolf, and if the Ice Climbers can be modified to work on the 3DS, I'd also prefer them - not a fan of entire series being removed from a game like this.

No More Third Parties
Chance: 20%

I don't think this is particularly likely. There aren't really a whole lot of major Nintendo all-stars who are missing at this point - all I can think of are Dixie Kong, K. Rool, Ridley, some form of Toad (whether it's regular, blue, or Captain), and maybe the Inklings (who I figure will be guaranteed for Smash 5 if they don't make it in as DLC). I feel like, if they want to really get people excited for the DLC, at least one third party character would really help. I don't know whether they'd bring back Snake, go for a new company with characters like Rayman, add in a second character for Sega or Namco, or add an indie character; it's just that most of the speculation, discussion, and hype seems to surround third party characters, and I don't think they would ignore that.

My most wanted character, Snake, is third party, and two others (Rayman and Bayonetta) are in my top five. Needless to say, I wouldn't be a big fan of this happening.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
:wolf:
Chance: 70%
Want: 99%
I really do miss most cut veterans, but ripping an awesome character from a pretty sparse franchise hurt. Let's go Wolf!
No More 3rd Parties
Chance: 75%
I don't like too many 3rd parties in my Smash, but at least the ones we got are pretty iconic. Too many would start to dilute that. But there are some things about that Shovel Knight rumor that are hard to ignore...I'd just rather the game stayed Nintendo focused. There are so many iconic first-parties left to add (read: Ridley and K.Rool)
Nom: Fountain of dreams x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Wolf's chances: 90%
Decided that 99% was a bit too optimistic, but I'll still be very surprised if he misses the cut. He's a very popular veteran, and unlike pretty much every other cut veteran he doesn't have any really major thing holding him back. The most likely character by a considerable margin.

As for want...this score is probably going to seem kind of weird. I'm not the biggest Wolf fan, he's not among my favorite Star Fox characters and is by far my least favorite of the three in Smash, and was one of my least favorite newcomers to fight as in Brawl.

That being said...

He's an important character who has a mostly different moveset and who shouldn't have been cut to begin with, and there's not really a good reason for me to want him to stay out.
Nothing's changed for me. I still think he's going to get in and is the only character I'd rank above 50/50 at this point, and I still think he should return.

Wolf's chances: 90%

No more third parties chances: 50%

Originally was going to rate this a little lower but after further consideration I think it easily could go either way.

Want: 10%

My most wanted characters are third party and there's a fair number of them that I'd be interested in as well. I don't want too many third parties in the game but I don't think one or two more will hurt. What's stopping this from getting a zero in want is the possibility of an indie character, which I don't really want.

BlazBlue prediction: 4.57%
Ice Climbers prediction: 8.53%

Nominations: Riki x5

Saving my extra ten for a bit; not sure what I want to use them on.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
NOMINATIONS
...dunno if that's a rating, possibly could be a new guideline. I would suggest holding off on too many rerates unless something actually changes; most of the time, enough people will also have the same thought. I think that the Pirate Ship release showed that reusing music was fine, so that why the stages (especially Fountain) are viable right now.

Oh, and there are a few characters in the nom list that I'm unfamiliar with, and Google is failing me (or I'm not looking hard enough, which is also a possibility). You know, this newfangled internet thing... Anyway, if someone could help out and let me know what series some of the (?) characters are, that'd be great.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wolf
Chance: 80%
Want: 90%

He's going to happen on way or another because of requests alone. If any veteran that needs to return the most, it is him.

No More Third Parties:
Chance and Want: 50%

It's a coin flip at this point. Sakurai could surprise us with another third party or just focus on nothing but first party DLC again. Either way, it would have to be someone who brings in hype to the hardcore and casuals.

BlazeBlue: 1%
Ice Climbers: 12%

Nominations: Lark (Pilotwings) x5

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Wolf
Chance: 85%
I think his chances are great nya!
Loved Wolf in brawl, he was a great character nya!

Chance: 75%
Hard to say nya, but I don't think we'll get any more nya!
Want: 80%
It's not that that I dislike third party characters nya, but I think smash has had enough of them nya~

Predictions
BlazBlue: 2%
Ice Climbers: 10% (I'd really love to play as them again though nya)

Nomination: Chen x5 :nifty:

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Wolf
Chance: 95%
Want: 65%

BlazBlue Prediction: .87%
Ice Climbers Prediction: 2.46

Nominations:
Klefki x5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Sorry, but if this is the Chen I think it is, she's from Touhou Project, and thus never had a game on a Nintendo Console. That makes her ineligible for nominations.

CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica

For reference, Giana comes from The Great Giana Sisters. I Already explained who Chen is in this post.
Who's Chen? Is he related to Chin, Bruce Lee's cousin from Hong Kong 97 which actually is on a Nintendo console... I just realized I could nominate Chin.:laugh:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Who's Chen? Is he related to Chin, Bruce Lee's cousin from Hong Kong 97 which actually is on a Nintendo console... I just realized I could nominate Chin.:laugh:
Chen is a minor character of the Touhou Project series of Dōjin bullet-hell games. Here's a link to her article on the Touhou wiki.

As they are computer-only games, I don't think we should talk about them here much longer...

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Wolf
Chance: 70%

No More Third Parties
Chance: 40%

Nominations: SSB5 is console exclusive x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
WOLF
CHANCE: 73.02%
WANT: 76.80%

NO MORE THIRD PARTY CHARACTERS
CHANCE: 46.06%
WANT: 51.36%
Next up we're rating the Ice Climbers and the concept of any form of Blazblue representation. Also please predict what score Pikachu Libre representation and Dr. Eggman will get tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

BlazBlue Representation

Chance: 0%

BlazBlue never had much of a presence or impact on Nintendo platforms (one main game and a few spin-offs), though neither did Virtua Fighter (a Virtual Console port of a watered-down version of a main game and an RPG spin-off) or Tekken (an enhanced port of Tag Tournament 2 and a few handheld spin-offs). That aside, I don't think BlazBlue is noteworthy enough to be represented in Smash, and the third party company that owns it isn't even involved with Smash 4.

Want: 5%

I don't really care. I was always more interested in its older sibling series Guilty Gear anyway.

Ice Climbers

Chance: 0%

Sakurai tried everything he could to make them work on the 3DS, but ultimately wasn't successful.

Predictions:

Dr. Eggman - 5%

Pikachu Libre - 1%

Nominations: Dan (Street Fighter) x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Ice Climbers
Chance: 5%

Copy and paste:
Ice Climbers
Chance: 5%

The 5% is in regards to the fact that they are veterans and thus have some demand.
Other than that, they have one key issue: the 3DS. Yes, the developers have more time, but the 3DS is still a major issue. The developers might not be able to implement them despite their best efforts; there would be 8 Ice Climbers max on the 3DS... that might not be good for the system. Not to mention 8-Player Smash, which could be chaotic with 16 Ice Climbers.
People might complain about Sakurai cutting them for having no future, but this argument makes sense in a way. Despite reviving the franchise with Melee and Brawl, they still don't have a new game.
Also, think about Smash as a whole. The series has a lot of modes and a massive roster. If the Ice Climbers took longer than a usual fighter just because of the 3DS, wouldn't cutting them be more worth it than to still create them? Shouldn't the emphasis go towards other characters and modes?
EDIT: I forgot to mention this: Wii U or New 3DS exclusivity. This wouldn't make sense and the idea is ridiculous. Essentially, a 3DS owner will have to pay a lot more just to play the Ice Climbers if they don't have a Wii U or New 3DS. It would also be unfair for those users as they are blocked off from getting one character and Sakurai wants to make the roster the same for bother versions. Having them be available for Wii U only or Wii U and New 3DS will go against this principle.
Want: -200%
Copy and paste:
Oh ho boy! Here comes the salt!
I hate the Ice Climbers. I've hated them since Melee.
I hate how they look aesthetically. I think they look pretty damn stupid and boring. Their voices annoy me as well.
I don't like what they bring to Smash. The music is OK, but the stages absolutely suck. The Summit has to be one of my least favorite stages in Brawl.
I've played their game and I absolutely hated it. It has some of the worst and most frustrating controls that I ever had to experience.
I don't like their gimmick. It's not fun to play with and it was pretty frustrating to control.
Lastly, I hate their balance. In Melee, they had a technique called "Wobbling," which was impossible to escape and you had to watch helplessly as your character gets annihilated. In Brawl, they had a zero-to-death chain grab that you couldn't escape as well. Was it fun being the recipient of such techniques? No.
When I heard that they got cut, I was pretty happy about it. Not only did they stick out like sore thumbs to me, but now I don't have to worry about these awful techniques anymore. Could they be rebalanced? Absolutely. Will it be an easy task? No.
Why negatives now?
After much thought... it is wrong of me to say that Young Link would be the worst veteran to bring back.
When I think of characters that I detest on the Smash roster, these guys are the worst offenders.
One of the worst games that I've played, annoying aesthetics, bad stages, broken and unbalanced mechanics... no character has ticked me off this much.
Please, don't bring these guys back. I rather have Pichu and Young Link over these characters. At least Pichu is the pre-evolution to my favorite Pokemon, Pikachu, and Young Link starred in amazing games like Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and at least their mechanics aren't annoying and frustrating to this degree (I rather take Pichu's hurt mechanics over the duo mechanic).
There is nothing redeemable about the Ice Climbers. I'm sorry, but I hate these two with a passion.
Blaz Blue Representation
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

Blaz Blue isn't super popular like Street Fighter, Tekken, and Virtua Fighter are to get some notable content, and the series hasn't been seen on Nintendo consoles very often.
As for want, I think I rather have other series be represented.

Eggman Prediction: 5.91%
Eggman again? Okeydokey.
Pikachu Libre Prediction: 1.11%
Curious about the comments on this.

Nominations: Goku 5x

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Ice Climbers
Chance
0%
3DS limitations, again. No excuses.
Want
Abstain
I wouldn't mind, I guess.

*Nomonates Giana x5*

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Well, yesterday's concept had been quite controversial. At least I'm happy that it got over 50% in want.

Ice Climbers chances: 5%
The Pirate Ship stage proves that version exclusive DLC can be a thing, but a character is a different deal compared to stages; while both versions always had exclusive stages, Sakurai said that he wanted the roster to be the same between them and there's effectively no roster difference as of now. Not to mention the 3DS version got a port of a Wii U stage to make up for the lack of Pirate Ship, so if you go by this logic, the 3DS version should get another character to make up for the lack of ICs... yeah, it's not happening.

Sakurai said that the Ice Climbers were working on Wii U, and while it proves that there was some work done on them I doubt that they were anywhere being finished.

Ice Climbers want: 50%
Not sure how I'd feel about a version exclusive character. I'm not too strongly attached to them, so I can live without them for one Smash generation.

-----

Blazblue representation chances: 0.01%
The series has no prevalence on Nintendo platforms and I can't think of any reason why it should happen. The company who owns the series is not involved in Smash anyway.

Blazblue representation want: 2%
One word... why? I think cute cameos without playable representation are fine for third-party representation in Smash, but only if they're few and far between because that's not a reason to give every game series some sort of representation for the sake of it. All DLC third-party representation besides Street Fighter so far had been focused on Mii fighter costumes for companies which were already involved in the base game by having their most notable character playable, so I think we should stick with that to make things feel focused.

-----

Dr. Eggman prediction: 6.49%
I don't expect any notable change.

Pikachu Libre representation prediction: 2.35%
I don't know...

Nominating:
(Rerate) Returning stage: Fountain of Dreams x2
Concept: ballot runner-ups as SMM costumes x3

Edit: with Wolf going behind K. Rool again in want, I'll edit the top 10 of want chart soon.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica

For reference, Giana comes from The Great Giana Sisters. I Already explained who Chen is in this post.[/QUOTE]

And before somebody says "But she'd just be a Mario Clone" or "She doesn't even exist anymore".

Well, In 2009 the franchise was revived... On the DS of all things, And being just a Mario clone? Well: This is her most recent game. Aside from another recent game which is pretty much an addon for a competitive multiplayer.

She's kind of grown away from her Mario-esc roots now, hasn't she? Just so you think before you give her a score, honestly.

And why I think she deserves to be in over the likes of Shovel Knight... The thing is: She has a history with Nintendo, and not just a "new born Indie". Giana has been around for quite some time and still has quite a good following you'd be surprised to see. And unlike clones such as... Bubsy - Giana was actually liked for one. ;)

Last edited:

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers:
Chance: 2.5%
Now that platform specific DLC is a thing, they have a small chance, but still not much.
Want: 10%
They're okay, but I'm not sure if I would buy them.

BlazBlue:
Double Zeroes

Predicitons:
Eggman: 5.78%
PIkachu Libre: 0.9%

Noms:
Maxwell (Scribblenauts)x5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
BlaZBlue representation Chance: 5%
Eh, Mii costumes are a possibility, but beyond that, I highly doubt we'd get anything.

Where's my girl Nah when I need her?

Ice Climbers Chances: 0%
It's just not happening at this point. Unless some miracle happens, it ain't gonna happen.

I'll be dead honest, I didn't care that they were cut since day one. I wasn't sad, I wasn't glad, I just... didn't care. Casually they were fun, but competitively they were mighty annoying, especially in Brawl. And I don't have any good connection to them outside of Smash. I've played their game, but as with most other pre-SMB NES games, it wasn't that good (although most NES games in general weren't good). I just don't care.

Jungle Japes 64 on 3DS X5

:007:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
ShinyRegice ShinyRegice wins for Wolf, BandanaWaddleDee BandanaWaddleDee wins for the third party thing.

Ice Climbers' chances: 10%

Console exclusive DLC can be a thing as it turns out, but I don't find it too likely they'd do it for characters. They're probably going to be back someday, but it's probably not going to be in this game.

Want: 200% (100%)

I am the anti XenoBrawler. :p

I've already stated their removal really killed some of my hype. They were really cool retro characters with designs and a moveset mechanic that I really really like. They really are the only cut veterans I've truly missed; I think Mewtwo, Lucas, and Wolf shouldn't have been cut, I'm glad the former two are back and want Wolf to follow suit, but I don't play as any of them much, and would happily shove them aside for the Ice Climbers. While their cut was understandable, I hate their removal just the same, and I really hope they return someday, be it as DLC or in the next game.

Oh, and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if they did become solo. They'd still be unique from every other character in the roster and would likely return to my list of favorites, I would much rather have that than no Ice Climbers at all.
A little surprised I'm the first score over 50%...

BlazBlue: ABSTAIN

I have honestly never heard of this.

Eggman re-rate prediction: 5.58%
Pikachu Libre prediction: 2.56%

Nominations: Riki x5

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climber chance: 0,5% If the 3DS can't hold them, nothing can be done about that...
Want: 90% I didnn't use them, but I would like every non-clone veteran in the game.

BlazBlue: Abstain, don't know anything about it...

Eggman re-rate prediction: 2,3%
Pikachu Libre representation prediction: 27%

Nominate: Splatoon stage x5

Last edited:

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Ice Climber
Chance: 1%
Stupid limitations nya... I hate limitations nya...
I love Ice climbers nya, they're a very unique duo and character nya!

BlazBlue
Chance and want: 0%
I see no chance at this being possible at all in smash nya

Predictions
Eggman: 2.5%
Pikachu Libre: 1.2%

Furret24

Smash Master
Ice Climbers
Chance: 0%- Do I even need to say anything here?
Want: 5%- If only because they're veterans. The rest of the Smash community has put a bad taste in my mouth with these two.

Double zeros on Blazblue.

Nominations
Ivysaur x5
:gawmelee:

Last edited:
Top Bottom