• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yay double zeroes bandwagon.

Bubsy: See above.

R.O.B eye fix:

Chance: 25%
Want: 50%

It's a minor glitch, so I could see it being skipped by the devs. I'm indifferent.

Predictions:

Olaf: 0.6%
Paper Mario: 29%

Nominate: Ridley x5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Fixing R.O.B.'s Eye Glitch
Chance:
10%

I am doubtful since they didn't fix it before.
I don't main R.O.B., so this doesn't affect me. That and the expressions from his eyes would be hard to see in normal gameplay.

Bubsy
Chance:
0%

A little history for you.
Bubsy was created as a mascot character that was meant to compete with Mario and Sonic. His game has the platforming of Mario but with speed of Sonic. His game was bad for this reason; they missed the mark on what made the Mario levels fun and instead made them big and spacious and the level design did not complement his speed. His game was a massive flop, but he managed to pop sequel after sequel without any sort of real improvement. His death came in the form of Bubsy 3D.
Now, as you can gather from this, Bubsy isn't iconic nor popular. His games never really achieved any sort of critical praise to call him an icon. If you put him next to Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Ryu, he would stick out like a sore thumb. He also has no ballot support.
Want: -100% (0%)
Yesterday I thought, "Bubsy? He'll get the good old double zeroes." Then I realized how angry his inclusion would make me.
His games are awful. As I watched this review of it, one thing that ticked me off was the lack of progression within the series. It doesn't get any better... it just slightly does and it just nosedives into hell.
The character himself has to be one of the most annoying characters in video game history. He isn't likable and his personality... his personality is just absolutely putrid.
If he is included, he would be a massive waste of space on the roster. Not only does he not deserve to be in Smash, but he has no redeeming qualities to justify an inclusion in Smash. His inclusion would leave a massive disgusting taste in my mouth.

Overall, what can possibly go wrong? Everything.

Olaf Prediction: .87%
Who?
Paper Mario Prediction: 30.84%
Slight increase thanks to Paper Jam.

Nominations: Fourside 5x

Laniv

Smash Champion
Bubsy:

Ah, you know what, I'm jumping on the double zeroes train. Some things should just stay dead.

R.O.B. eye glitch fix:

Chance: 24%

Want: 90%
It's one of those little things that will bother me.

Predictions for Olaf: 2% Chance, 12% Want
Predictions for Paper Mario: 42% Chance, 79% Want

Nominate Tom Nook x 5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bubsy, that guy who was going to break Mario and Sonic. Poor guy.

Story Time:
Bubsy and I do have a bit of a history. Back in 1998-99, when I saw computers running Windows 98 as a magical device, I knew of very few games, especially platformers. Bubsy introduced me to 2D platforming. The first game is a 2D platformer, rather average while being really difficult, but then again, it was the norm those days. Certainly not terrible, which game Accolade the confidence that they could stand up to Mario and Sonic.

Personally I enjoyed the game. As someone who was new to gaming overall, I did find the the SNES graphics and colourful style attractive. However the game's bosses were seriously hard, and I did not know of the internet then. So I played it almost daily, figuring out tactics and learning from my uncountable Game Overs.

Finally, in 2006, when I had been exposed to years of Mario and other actually good platforming games, I was confident enough in my skill that I decided to give the game another try. The game's later levels are weirdly designed and the bosses even more unforgiving, but somehow I persevered and beat the game.

Then when I found the internet (in 2009), I learnt that the game was actually the first in a series, and I came to know of the horrors of what is known as Bubsy 3D. It was a bit saddening to see that final fate of the series, but it's not like you could do anything about it, can you?

The irony of his catchphrase is lovely though.

Chance and Want: 0%
Even if I liked Bubsy at a kid, he doesn't deserve to be in a Nintendo fighting game. Simple as that.

ROB's Eye Glitch Fix:
Want: 100%

I play the 3DS version so I haven't noticed it, but more polish is always nice.

D

Deleted member

Bubsy the Bobcat:
Chance: 0%
3rd Parties are meant to be Legends, Guests from some of the greatest franchises that are not from Nintendo. Beloved characters that represent a whole new universe of gaming and that have proved that they have the guts and glory to join Mario, Link and other Nintendo warriors.

Bubsy isn't any of these things. He is dead, his games are mostly disliked and he is nothing but the prime example of a mascot with attitude gone wrong.

Want: -100% (or Zero If you will)
I was going to make a Zero from Megaman joke here but then i realized.......how insulting would be leaving out so many characters from Nintendo and other 3rd parties alike just for this goddamn joke of a mascot.

Sorry Bubsy, but you gotta have to stay where you are.

Abstaining on the R.O.B glitch chance.

------------------------------
Predictions:
Paper Mario: 40.12%
Paper Jam may inflate the rating a little. (although i do want Paper Mario)

------------------------------
Noms:
Fourside X5

Last edited by a moderator:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Bubsy
Chance: 0.1%
Abstain from explanation. I'll give the next RTC's joke character a small score of 0.1%.
I mean, come on, he's got like no chance...

Want: 0.1%
No.

R.O.B.'s Eye Glitch Fix
Chance: 74%
I've dropped my score a bit since I'm surprised they haven't got around to fixing it as of yet. I don't see why they wouldn't; seems like it should be an easy fix. They've gone back to update and fix many glitches (Again, as a Toon Link main I should know. They've fixed like three different glitches/exploits related to the character), so I don't see why this is any different. Still, I think there's a pretty good chance of them fixing this eventually. I guess I'm just not as confident in it as I once was. I'll give the concept of fixing R.O.B.'s eyes a score of 74%, which is a 19% drop from my original rating.
It would still surprise me if they didn't do anything about it...

I love this game, and want it to be as polished as possible by the time they're done giving it updates.

D

Deleted member

Oh God. I seriously hope these guys aren't planning on adding Bubsy in the game, even if it's a hidden track.
Im still depressed they haven't added Simon Belmont yet.........

On the topic though, I decided to give the R.O.B glitch fix thingy a 100% want, simply because i don't like glitches.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Bubsy
0.00001% Chance
100% Want
Am I the only one who thinks this would be funny?

Rob Eye Glitch
90% Chance
100% Want

Nominating Sceptile x 5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Bubsy
Double zeroes all around

Fixing R.O.B eye glitch
Chance: 80%

Olaf prediction: 1.11%
Paper Mario Prediction: 42.67%

Nominations:
Rerate Jibanyan x2
Endou Mamoru x2
Shadow x1

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
An extra 5 for mike (drawn to life)

I also can't see him on the nominations list.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Bubsy: DOUBLE ZEROES

no

R.O.B. Glitch Fix chances: 30%

Losing confidence in this as time goes on.

Indifference.

Olaf prediction: 0.92%
Paper Mario rerate prediction: 35.57%

Nominations: Captain Rainbow x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Bubsy
Double Zeroes

The eyes of a robot
Chance: 10% - I just feel like they would have done this by now if they thought it was a priority.
Want: 50% - Neutral

Nominations: Solo Ice Climber x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I WRITE BUBSY'S OBITUARY

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
FIXING ROB'S EYE GLITCH
CHANCE: 33.13%
WANT: 83.48%

BUBSY
CHANCE: 0.00%
WANT: 3.71%

Although Bubsy still got a higher "want" rating than Monster Hunter. Next up we're rating Olaf from the "Wars" series and we're rerating Paper Mario. Also please predict what score Kaptain K. Rool and Reyn from Xenoblade will get tomorrow.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
ONE GUY voted a non 0% (or close to) and suddenly Monster Hunter is less wanted than Bubsy. Damnit, this is what I was afraid of.

Yes I know this is just a game and doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Paper Mario

Chance: 20%

Not much has changed.

Want: 70%

Sure.

Olaf

Chance and Want:

(Double Zeroes)

Predictions:

Kaptain K. Rool - 5%

Reyn - 1%

It's almost Reyn time!

Nominatons: Banjo-Kazooie x5

D

Deleted member

Do people want more Bubsy over Monster Hunter?......not that i care about them but.....

Anyway.......im abstaining on Olaf (i would make a Frozen joke here but i suck at making jokes) since i came to rate.......

Paper Mario:

Chance:40%
Yes, i believe it's that high, i will explain with this post from SourceGaming:

Paper Mario has moderate to decently high “support” within the Smash fanbase in both the West and Japan. However, with Chris Pragner’s recent interview on Part Time Gamers, it’s becoming more and more evident that Sakurai will probably pick a ballot winner who will be beloved by all gamers — from casuals to hardcores. I know people are going to groan, “another Mario representative?” However, in actuality, that might be a strength—even though I once thought it was a barrier to entry. However, if we are looking for characters that are well known in the general public, then Paper Mario will inevitably be high up there. If he does make it in, I feel that Sakurai will really play-up his paper-motif, making the majority of his moves based on that. – PushDustIn
I can't explain with my own words since im lazy........

Want:80%
What can i say? I like this Paper Thin hero........

Lastly i will leave you up with this little gem:

---------------------------------
Noms:
NPC Promotion X5

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Olaf

Oh come the hell on, RTC, we're rating A DISNEY CHARACTER of all things? Oh wait, Sora.

...wait, it's just a fat guy with a beard? We're rating a secondary character again in place of the main protagonist? Huzzah! Double zeroes for you!

Next.

Paper Mario

Want: 10%

Paper Mario is in that spot where he's one of the forerunners for Mario characters as DLC. But there are several issues.

+/- Competition
- Mario is among those series that are well stocked.
- Another Mario

Still, you can't deny that Paper Mario is pretty requested. I personally don't want any more Mario characters.

Predictions:

Kaptain K Rool: 30%
Reyn: 3%

Nominate: Ridley x5

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
http://smashboards.com/threads/olaf...co-for-super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-dlc.402176/

Olaf

Chance: 50%
Casual Fans: Lets vote for Olaf the snowman. *votes Olaf in the Smash ballot*
Sakurai sees the overwhelming number of votes for Olaf, decides to give the fans Olaf,
This Olaf
Casual fans::cry: This isn't Olaf!
Sakurai::troll:
I would laugh so hard if this actually happened.

That manly beard, plus we need more Ice users.

Paper Mario

Chance: 20%

Want: 1%
I don't want another Mario.

Predictions: Kaptain Krool 5%

Predictions: Reyn (Time) 4%

Nominations: Kaiba X5.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Olaf

Chance - 0% - Wow, this is low down on the line. I can't see him getting playable at all, with Andy and Sami in the way. Orange Star gets priority.

Want - 0% - Back to the Frozen Tundra Ice-wastelands for you! Some time in the reformatory should give him what he needs.

Paper Mario - Copy paste!

Chance - 3.25% - Yeah, with two Marios already on the roster and many people starting to think that Mario as a series has plenty of characters already. This compounds into a lot of people just being plain not interested in him. It's possible they may look at him if he's popular enough, but I got a feeling any Mario character will likely be overlooked.

Want - 40% - Meh. I could think of many more interesting options. Not bad, but there are many I would prefer.

Predictions

Kaptain K. Rool - 3.45% - ...I have no clue why we're doing this...

Reyn - 2.34% - I have not a single clue.

Nominations

Fountain of Dreams X5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Olaf chance and Want: ABSTAINED

Paper Mario:

Chance: 35%

Unfortunately he's pretty overshadowed in the ballot which hurts him.

Predictions:

Kaptain K Rool: 28%

It's Reyn Time: 2.4%

Nominations: Additional/8+ All Star Battle Rounds x5

Olaf:

Chance 0.3%

Andy and Sami are top AW candidates. I can't see Oaf being too active, he looks quite unfit and heavy with his snow boots on :p

Want 0.5%

Andy, Hawke, Sami and Sturm are better choices.

Paper Mario:

Chance 30%
Want 10%

Predictions

Kaptain K. Rool 10%
It's Reyn Time 2%

Nominations:

Yoshi's Island 64 x2
Funky Kong x3

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Paper Mario
Chance: 16.2%
I'd say that he's a candidate if Sakurai is looking to add a new Mario character. But there are already a few Mario characters I would label as 'candidates' if Sakurai intends on adding a new Mario character for DLC. I'll give the 2D Mario sprite a score of 16.2%, which is a 5.8% drop from my original rating.
I would sooner expect him to be added in the base game...

Want: 58%
I still think he would be a cool character, but I could still live without him.

Olaf
Chance: 0.8%
Abstain from explanation. I'll give the Blue Moon CO a small rating of 0.8%.
We've already rated the two characters who have any sort of chance at representing this franchise...

Want: 1.1%
Abstain from explanation.

The Jiggernaut

Smash Cadet
Paper Mario:
Chance: 40%
Great unappreciated part of the mario franchise( unappreciated by nintendo). Definitely could derive a unique moveset(hopefully partner focused, none of the stinking pile of crap that was Sticker Star)

Olaf:
Abstain

Nominations:
5X Fourside

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Olaf

Chance - 0%

Bottom of the Barrel Advance Wars Choice Number #2 has arrived. No ballot support and lack of popularity is more than enough of a reason why this knockoff Hetalia's Russia is not going to be considered.

Want - 0%

Andy and Sami will always be the superior Wars choices over any other villain since they have something they lack: requests. Plus, who wants to play as some stereotypical Russian with ice powers anyway?

Paper Mario

Chance - 60%

Oh boy, here is the "Too many Mario's arguments" that will never end for years. If we stop and think for a moment, then we would realize that he has a lot going for him than any other Mario character. Heavily requested, from a fine series of Mario RPG's (even if one or two could be considered bad apples), he would provide for a new mechanic with his papery abilities, the fan favorite Partners would be involved for his moveset, and he's a completely marketable character as proven by his upcoming role in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam. At least he has a lot going for him than say any spinoff character, Toad (even though I love him), and a certain controversial puppet. Nonetheless, Paper Jam and his consistent support is more than enough to help him in the long run.

Want - 100%

Love the games and he would bring something new to the table even if he is another Mario. Paper Jam is more than enough of proof that he is considered his own character instead of being just Mario with a papery form and I doubt any other Mario character has as much potential as him.

Predictions

Kaptain K. Rool - 3%

Reyn - 2%

Nominations

Abe Lincoln x10

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
At least I'm happy that Bubsy did get an overall flat zero in chances, so I won't have to nominate other stupid things like Conker (I even had Great Mighty Poo as a backup plan...) in order to try to get a character with a flat zero in chances. Also it's funny that I got the extra nominations on R.O.B.'s eyes once again, I also was the one who won them when we first rated it.

And for today's ratings, I'll abstain on Paper Mario, not sure what to think about him (I've looked back to what I previously said about him but not sure if I agree anymore). And for the blue Santa Claus wannabe, I suppose he's too random to have a shot, he's a safe choice to bet against so I'll give a quick double zeroes.

Kaptain K. Rool prediction: 4.31%
People will dismiss the idea because "muh it's not his main persona!!" even though I honestly think it may potentially mean as much as Robin not being eligible over Chrom due to "not being the main central protagonist of Awakening". Want score will still be high though, because it's still K. Rool after all.

Reyn prediction: 0.61%
Only slightly higher than his score in the original RTC.

Nominating: spending all my 10 extra noms today.
(Rerate) Returning fighters: Squirtle and Ivysaur x15

Clarification just in case: this is not the concept of getting both Squirtle and Ivysaur, but a collective nomination of both characters for two different ratings. I did this because I think they are meant to be rated together.

Now I'm not really sure about what to nominate after that. I'll try to think about it.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
@KingBro1 , @ NintenRob NintenRob , @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , @M.P. , @[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer] , and @SpiritofSpeed all win TEN extra nominations for correctly predicting that Bubsy would get an absolute zero in chance.

...and on the flipside, no one was really close for the R.O.B. glitch. Nonetheless, @ ShinyRegice ShinyRegice wins the extra five for it.
Oh my, twice in a row? And 10 extra? Nice

Paper Mario
Chance 2%
I just find it hard to believe we would get a unique Mario character that isn't from the main series. And I'm not even convinced that he would be possible due his actual 2D model. Many people confuse G&W as a 2D character when actually he has a 3D model. They would have to create sprites for every characters throw and you have to ask yourself, is it worth it?
Want 0%
I prefer Mario & Luigi
I prefer Fawful
Baby Mario is infinitely better than paper, and cuter.
Paper Mario is a very bland character and wouldn't do the series justice, and Mario & Luigi needs some more representation first.

Other thing
Double 0

Prediction
Kaptain Rool 0.6%
Reyn 0.7%

Nominate Mike (Drawn to life) x15!

Top Bottom