• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Looks like we need to rate Goku...

Just kidding, this is a fake. You can even see part of Bowser's hand in the lower pic. Sorry for the potential one-second emotional roller coaster :p

-----

Monster Hunter chances: 0.01%
Unless the Monster Hunter developers change their mind about seeing their characters in crossovers, it's not happening.

Monster Hunter want: 0.2%
Being third-party is already a huge thing against them, and they lack that appeal third-party character should have as Smash fighters, most likely due to not being "timeless". At least the Monster Hunter franchise is big, and huge in Japan, so it wouldn't open too much floodgates for all third-parties with at least some mild success on Nintendo platforms.

-----

Muddy chances: 0.2%
A very obscure Game Boy title. Just doesn't seem to be the kind of thing I'd expect for DLC.

Muddy want: abstain

-----

Bubsy prediction: 0.03%

R.O.B. eye glitch fix prediction: 41.22%
It hadn't been done yet, so I expect a drop in chances.

Nominating:
(Rerate) Returning fighters: Squirtle and Ivysaur x2
Playable newcomer: Kaptain K. Rool x3

Also don't forget to rate Swalot in chances and want in the Pokkén edition of RTC!

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Monster Hunter:

Muddy Mole: Abstain
Predictions:
Bubsy 0.7345%

R.O.B.Eye fix 60%
Nominations: Rerate!Magolor x 5

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Monster Hunter

Chance: 1%
Want: 0%

Every time we begin scraping the bottom of the barrel with third parties the results become worse. Monster Hunter is not on the level of Capcom's other franchises to begin with, but a third character for the company is pushing it.

Abstain from Muddy Mole.

Predictions:

Bubsy: 0.6%
R.O.B eye fix: 50%

Nominate: Ridley x5

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Looks like we need to rate Goku...

Just kidding, this is a fake. You can even see part of Bowser's hand in the lower pic. Sorry for the potential one-second emotional roller coaster :p

-----

Monster Hunter chances: 0.01%
Unless the Monster Hunter developers change their mind about seeing their characters in crossovers, it's not happening.

Monster Hunter want: 0.2%
Being third-party is already a huge thing against them, and they lack that appeal third-party character should have as Smash fighters, most likely due to not being "timeless". At least the Monster Hunter franchise is big, and huge in Japan, so it wouldn't open too much floodgates for all third-parties with at least some mild success on Nintendo platforms.

-----

Muddy chances: 0.2%
A very obscure Game Boy title. Just doesn't seem to be the kind of thing I'd expect for DLC.

Muddy want: abstain

-----

Bubsy prediction: 0.03%

R.O.B. eye glitch fix prediction: 41.22%
It hadn't been done yet, so I expect a drop in chances.

Nominating:

Also don't forget to rate Swalot in chances and want in the Pokkén edition of RTC!
Where did you get that Goku leak?

Laniv

Smash Lord
Abstain from Monster Hunter:

Muddy Mole:

Chance: 4%

Miyamoto apparently wants him in! ...And that's all he has going for him.

Want: 12%

Predictions for R.O.B.'s eye glitch: 7% Chance, 64% Want
Predictions for Bubsy the Bobcat: 0.7% Chance, 8% Want

Nominate Scrafty x 5

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Monster Hunter
Chance:
0%

To be fair, Monster Hunter requests are existent. However, if the development team denied any Monster Hunter character of being playable in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, I don't know what will change here. The Monster Hunter still has a low amount of requests and little to no ballot support. 3 Capcom characters is kinda pushing it.
Want: 10%
I never played Monster Hunter, but I want to get into it and I have friends who have played it. Still, my top Capcom picks are Phoenix Wright and Amaterasu.

Muddy Mole
Chance:
0%

He is a retro with a lot amount of requests. I am doubtful that will change.
Want: 40%
For his uniqueness. I would be a bit more receptive if this was the base game. For DLC, though? I have to say no to him, but I am a bit curious.

R.O.B. Eye Bug Fix Prediction: 11.11%
I wonder how this and another R.O.B. bug got under their radar...
Bubsy Prediction: .01%
What could pawsibly go wrong? ...That cat pun hurt me, BTW.

Nominations: Fourside 5x

D

Deleted member

Monster Hunter.
Chance and Want
:
I lost how many times i posted this video.
----------------------------
Muddy Mole.
Chance:0.1
I feel pity for him.

Want:20%

-----------------------------
Predictions:
Bubsy:1.18
Noms:
Paper Mario X5

Last edited by a moderator:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Monster hunter

Chance - 0%- The director of the MH games themselves stated that he would dislike the idea of a playable fighter in crossovers. What reason could their be?

Want - 0% - Eh. Would rather focus on other third parties.

Muddy Mole

Chance - 0.25% - A retro, kinda requested, but not enough to get in by a long shot.

Want - 40% - As DLC, I think there are more priorities than just putting in retros.

Predictions

ROB eyes - 3.56% - Well, this took a turn for the worse...

Bubsey - 0.12% - ...Do you really think that's important enough to get over Atari's extensive arcade lineup? 'Cause that's his company's completion.

Nominations

Fountain of Dreams X5

The Jiggernaut

Smash Cadet
Monster Hunter:
Double Zeros

Muddy Mole:
Chance 15%
Want: 60%
I am always in the mood for a retro character. Don't know much about muddymole. I know that Sakurai likes him though. He would have a much higher chance if not for the ballot, which make it more unlikely to be featured.

Nominations:
5X Yoshi's Island (64)

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Monster Hunter
Chance: 0.6%
Abstain from explanation. I'll give the Monster Hunter a small chance of 0.6%.
I might be a little doubtful...

Want: 0.9%
Abstain from explanation.

Muddy Mole
Chance: 1.2%
I don't feel that he's important enough to Nintendo's history to warrant a playable slot, and I bet Sakurai feels the same. Not to mention we're talking about DLC here. I'll give Muddy the Mole a rating of 1.2%.
Just another one of those characters...

Want: 15%
It might be cute having a Mole on the roster of all things. We already have a dog.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
All zeroes again. See everyone else's explanations here.

ROB eyes prediction: 5.2%
Bubsy prediction: 0.2%

Nom: Ivy x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Monster Hunter:

Chance: 0.1%

This is possible anyway? The developers don't like to see their franchise in other games.

Want: Abstain

Muddy Mole:

Chance and Want: Abstain.

Predictions:

R.O.B Eyes Bugfix: 6.7%
Bubsy: 0.15%

Nominations:

Idolm@ster Representation x3
Fire Emblem Stage DLC x2

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Monster Hunter: DOUBLE ZEROES

From a company that has two characters already and several others that could be considered even if it got a third, and apparently the director doesn't want it crossing over. Wasn't going to give it a flat 0% at first but with that last part I don't see this standing a chance.

Never was interested anyway.

Muddy Mole's chances: 1%

Fairly obscure and not too highly requested. Not a good combination for DLC.

Want: 60%

Probably would be better for the main game if anything, but I think he'd be an interesting inclusion. My third favorite retro choice, actually.

R.O.B.'s eyes rerate prediction: 20.18%
Bubsy prediction: 0.07%

Nominations: Captain Rainbow x10!

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Worst voter turnout ever.

Monster Hunter
Chance: 0%
Want: 10%

Muddy Mole
Want: 20%

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
MONSTER HUNTER
CHANCE: 0.09%
WANT: 3.39%

MUDDY MOLE
CHANCE: 1.40%
WANT: 21.33%
Monster Hunter actually managed to steal the B. B. Bandit Trio's three month long held crown for least wanted character. Next up we're rating Bubsy for some reason and we're rerating the concept of ROB's eye glitch getting fixed. Also please predict what score Olaf from the "Wars" series and Paper Mario will get tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Abstaining from R.O.B. eye fix.

Bubsy

Chance and Want:

(Double Zeroes)

Like Spyro, Bubsy never enjoyed much popularity, acclaim, or presence in Japan. Unlike Spyro, Bubsy never had much of the former two in the west.

Like Crash, Bubsy's currently a rotting corpse in the graveyard of dead 90's platforming mascots. Unlike Crash, there is no chance of Bubsy ever seeing the light of day again.

Unlike Spyro and Crash, I want Bubsy to stay out of my Smash Bros. game.

Predictions:

Olaf - 2%

Paper Mario - 25%

Nominations: Banjo-Kazooie x5

Last edited by a moderator:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
R.O.B's Eye
Double Abstain. Don't care enough.

Bubsy

Predictions
Olaf: 0.21%
Paper Mario: 27.5%

Nominate x 5 Belome (What could go wrong?)

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
Bubsy:
Chance
- 0%
Want - 0%
I'm not going to put effort into commenting on a meme nomination.

ROB Eye Fix:
Chance - 10%
Want - 50%
It's been a while, surely it shouldn't take this long to fix if they were actively working toward it. It's a shame though, such a small detail is what really sets a game as large as smash, and to see one missing isn't breaking, just disapointing to see.

Predictions:
Olaf - 0.05%
Paper Mario - 10%

Nominations:
Neku Sakuraba (TWEWY) x 5

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Bubsy double 0

Now onto R.O.B.
Although I explained it yesterday, I'll repeat but much quicker
On the Wii U version, if you play on the standard smash mode or online, R.O.B. has no expressions on his face ever.
HNI_0046.JPG

The only way to see his expressions is to play in the games & more submenu
HNI_0017 (4).JPG

Oh how I want them to fix this, look how awesome angry R.O.B. is. But why hasn't it been fixed? The thing that goes most against it is the fact that it still remains unchanged despite multiple updates. Because of this, I give this a
Chance: 40%
Its still a glitch, but it is so minor that the might not bother, maybe they don't know how to fix it, maybe they don't even know it exists, I wish more people would be more vocal, let them know of the problem.
Want 100%
I'm a R.O.B. main, I've taken a lot of pictures, but because of this glitch, the potential of awesome R.O.B. pics are lowered, and they are awesome expressions. From the glitchy eyes he had in Brawl to the sad eyes he has when grabbed, R.O.B. is really expressive in this game and it saddens me that this is present
HNI_0073.JPG

Predictions
Olaf 0.1%
Paper Mario 18%

Nominate Mike (drawn to life) x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Bubsy

Chance - 0% - Failed and under retro-god Atari's ownership, why would you chose him?

Want - 0% - "What could possibly go wrong?" How about everything?

Repair ROB

Chance - 25.75% - Yeah, at this point I'm getting worried. I'm not certain, but it should happen eventually...

Want - 100% - ROB is one of my mains, so of course I want him to be expressive.

Predictions

Olaf - 0.79% - Wow, this is bad...

Paper Mario - 48.27% - Minor fluctuation.

Nominations

Fountain of Dreams X5

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
ROB eye glitch (Seriously we're rerating this?)

Chance: 50%

Want: 100%

Bubsy

There's a reason he's not around anymore.

He's so **** annoying, also **** Bubsy 3D.

Predictions: Olaf 2%

Predictions: Paper Mario 25%

Nominations: Kaiba X5.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
R.O.B fix:
Chance: 46% I imagine this will be fixed eventually. Maybe even by mistake? It's weird his emotions only appear in a certain game mode.

Want: 100% It's a glitch that doesn't fall under "cool and shouldn't be patched" like the Yoshi supersize glitch (rip...), as such there's no reason to not want it.

Bubsy:

(Double Zeroes.)

Nomination:
General Klump x5.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Bubsy, What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Chance and Want:

(Zeroro = Zero, Zeroro x Zeroro = Double Zeros)

Easily wins the award for a one of the worst video game characters in history. From being a failed platforming mascot created by Atari with a few meh platformers to being a star of one of the ugliest PlayStation games in history. My girlfriend said it best when she saw that "leak" with him, "The day that ****ing furball winds up in Smash would be the the day when Sakurai is scraping at the bottom of a ****ty barrel when digging up iconic third parties. While it's good for a laugh to think about that furry ******* being in Smash, you would be a ****ing stupid to want such a character being able to hang out with big name gaming icons".

Pardon the language about her little statement, but her words regarding him is exactly how I feel about this character. Not even Mr. Enter's review of his failed pilot could redeem him as a character and proved me that there are worse video game animated adaptions out there than Captain N and "infamous" The Legend of Zelda cartoon. That being said, there's officially no way in hell we will ever see such a character step foot in Smash, even after our grandchildren would live to play the franchise. :rolleyes:

Repair ROB

Chance - 25%

Yeah, at this point I'm getting worried. While Nintendo might not give a damn at this moment, my Brawl main deserves much more treatment than this.

Want - 100%

Sakurai for the love of God, please fix this problem already! The fact that you ignored this while balancing certain characters is started to get annoying.

Predictions

Olaf - 0.80%

Paper Mario - 48%

Nominations - Abe Lincoln X5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Bubsy: really? 0/0

ROB eye bug
Chance: 15%
Want: 50%
Don't like ROB all that much, so he doesn't see much playtime in my game. I couldn't care less - it seems like such a minor annoyance that can only be seen if you're looking for it, but it seems like an easy fix. But I don't think they care too much about the small stuff - has anyone seen the...problem...when Link raises the special flag? If not, go to training mode, spawn a flag, and watch Link's face - that's a bit more obvious of a glitch than his eyes not animating. That's really sloppy, but I've come to expect 'I don't care' in regards to the Zelda series from Smash.
Olaf prediction: 0.6%
Paper Mario prediction: a heated day, but not as bad as Krystal's or Shantae's. And not much has changed so 25.7%

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
What could Possibly go Wrong?:

Chance and want:0%

He should never have existed at all.

Rob Eye Fix: 20%

I'm starting to think it's not going to happen.

Want:80%

Predictions:

Olaf: 1.04%

Paper Mario: 31%

Nominate Additional All Star Battle Rounds x5

Troykv

Smash Master
Bubsy:

Chance and Want: 0%

I don't have anything against the character itself (but probably is stupid and annoying)... But his games are include in the worst things created for the humanity... Bubsy 3D is so... wow hahaha xD

Anyway... this character was rated only because someone really wants to see a 0.00% chance rate... The old RTC has rates like this?

R.O.B. Eye Glitch Fix

Chance: 10%

This thing lost chance rate with any patch happened.

More expressations!

Predictions:

Olaf: 0.63%
Paper Mario: 35.6%

Nominations:

Fire Emblem Stage DLC x3
Idolm@ster Representation x2

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Might as well. I'm mostly a spectator here

God I wish I was here for the Monster Hunter one so he wouldn't be the least wanted.

Okay, I don't give a crap for a Monster Hunter CHARACTER, they don't like having a crossover character in fighting games...BUT, what about a Monster Hunter stage or Rathalos Assist Trophy? Eh? Eh!?

Anyway, just popping in here to say there's at least some people who love MH.

I also came here to make sure Bubsy stays the least wanted.

Bubsy:

Okay, why in the hell would Bubsy ever be selected to be in Smash? If we go 3rd party platformer route, at least pick Crash, or Spyro. Do not want. Ever. His games are infamous for all the wrong reasons.

ROB eye glitch being fixed:

Chance: 10%

If they haven't done so by now I don't see them ever being bothered with it. Not without complaints being pointed out directly at them from the glitch, which is minor in retrospect anyway.

There's no reason why I wouldn't want this. It's a glitch, fix it!

Predictions:

Olaf: 0.48%
Paper Mario: 40%

Nominations:

General Klump: X5

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Fine... I'll come back for this...

Bubsy - Zeros. Zeros everywhere...

Actually, Ignore the nominations.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Bubsy
Are you flippin kidding me, is this a joke request.

Chance and Want is a double 0%. He's thankfully dead like most :4sonic: wannabees are.

Fixing :4rob: eye glitch
Chance and Want: 50%

They still haven't fixed that???

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Bubsy: really? 0/0

ROB eye bug
Chance: 15%
Want: 50%
Don't like ROB all that much, so he doesn't see much playtime in my game. I couldn't care less - it seems like such a minor annoyance that can only be seen if you're looking for it, but it seems like an easy fix. But I don't think they care too much about the small stuff - has anyone seen the...problem...when Link raises the special flag? If not, go to training mode, spawn a flag, and watch Link's face - that's a bit more obvious of a glitch than his eyes not animating. That's really sloppy, but I've come to expect 'I don't care' in regards to the Zelda series from Smash.
Olaf prediction: 0.6%
Paper Mario prediction: a heated day, but not as bad as Krystal's or Shantae's. And not much has changed so 25.7%

I'm on the 3DS version, is it because his arm clips through half his face? Or the fact that his eyes seem to sit way up high on his head? or the square shaped hole for a mouth?

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Bubsy chances: 0%
Let's start with a quote from one of my previous ratings:
(I think in the future I should put a link to this post whenever we will be rating third-party characters who I think are nowhere near my third-party standards for Smash. That sounds like a good idea.)
Bubsy started as a platformer hero on the SNES and Megradrive, but he never really became an icon of any sort, and his series became overall kinda anecdotal in the grand scheme of things. He's also infamous for his appearance in Bubsy 3D, which is generally accepted as one of the worst video games ever made, and as one of the worst, if not the worst transition from 2D to 3D in the video game history. I can't think of any single reason why he should be added, and anyone who is willing to give him a chances score high enough to make the overall chances score higher than a flat zero is contributing towards killing this game's credibility in my eyes. It's not like this thread's credibility already had been killed by Squirtle and Ivysaur having a higher chances score than the 2 DLC characters per series concept

Bubsy disapproval: 100% (0% want)

Serious talk, there's no need for any annoying bandwagon to make me strongly dislike the idea of Bubsy being a playable character in Smash, he's so downright undeserving that's not even funny. He's not iconic, he's just kind of there in the grand scheme of things, we already have a much more notable third-party hero from dynamic platformers, and he would be overall such a freaking random choice, one who would completely discredit the luster of the third-party roster in Smash and wide open the floodgates for literally anyone who had at least some moderate success on Nintendo platforms. Even any form of direct non-playable representation would feel random and forced. At best his inclusion would be a sort of unfunny joke, and at worst it would completely destroy the soul of the Super Smash Bros. series.

I don't have any personal connection to the Bubsy series, but I can safely say I don't need any to feel like he's that undeserving. Especially considering I've become more and more protective against third-parties in Smash as a whole as of recently.

-----

R.O.B. eye glitch fix chances: 34.11%
I'll give some arbitrary values to this concept and assume that we will get 10 updates until the final one, with every single update having an individual 5% chances or solving this issue. But the fact they still haven't fixed it yet makes me feel like it may possibly not happen, so I'll multiply the results 40.13% by 0.85 to represent the (arbitrary) 15% chances that this is downright impossible to fix from a technical standpoint, giving this final result.

R.O.B. eye glitch fix want: 100%
I love R.O.B.'s playstyle and he's the first character I think I can truly call a main. So of course I'd love to see him being more expressive.

-----

Olaf prediction: 0.64%
It won't do well...

Paper Mario prediction: 30.15%
The fact he's officially confirmed to be a separate entity from regular Mario (if Paper Jam is to believed) will boost his score.

Nominating:

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Bubsy:
Chances: 0.000000000000000000000001%
What could possibly go wrong?
Bubsy has a chance. That chance is Sakurai getting drunk, somehow forcing everyone else on the dev team to get drunk, and they all lose a bet with whoever made Bubsy and their forced to add him to the game. Or maybe a warlock possesses Sakurai and punishes him by making Bubsy, or maybe Bubsy glitches his way into the game, or maybe, just maybe, Sakurai really, really likes Bubsy and adds him due to bias.

Want:0% Bubsy getting in would honestly be atrocious, Bubsy's kind of famous for failing, not something I'd like to see in the game.

R.O.B.'s Eye glitch fix:
Chance: Abstain, being honest here,

I don't know whether or not Sakurai and his dev team find this important at all so I don't think I could accurately rate this.
Want:100% I think we can all agree that R.O.B. deserves to at least be the way he was intended to.

Predictions: Olaf (Who?) 1.35%
Paper Mario 35%
Nominating: Rerate!Magolor x 5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm on the 3DS version, is it because his arm clips through half his face? Or the fact that his eyes seem to sit way up high on his head? or the square shaped hole for a mouth?
I've sorta gotten over the fact that Link and Ganondorf looked way better in Brawl than they do in sm4sh - Dorf's too derpy and looks like claymation, and Link's just weirdly angular and off-model. My big problem is that Link eats his entire arm when hoisting the flag, since that seems like something they could have noticed and fixed easily, particularly since he holds that pose too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom