• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Galacta Knight
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

For chance, he originated from a post Sakurai-era game (a remake of his game, but still a game he didn't take the helm of), has low demand, and has to compete with the likes of Bandana Dee.
As for want, I'm not interested.

SSB5 Getting a New Director
Chance:
50%

I can see this go either way. Nothing is set in stone.
Want: Abstain
On one hand, I would like to see a new director to see what they would create.
On the other hand, I think they would lose sight of what makes Smash Bros. fun and might cut some characters that shouldn't be cut.

Lana Prediction: 1.12%
There is no Hyrule Warriors content. That's not good.
Tag-Team Stock Mode Prediction: 13.55%
*shrugs*

Nominations: Guile's Theme 5x

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Galacta Knight:

Chance: 3%
Want: 5%

SSB5 Getting a New Director:

Chance: 40%

Just because there are things that I dislike in Smash(Which there are plenty), doesn't mean those problems will be fixed with a new director. I can't really give an actual percentage. I don't think Sakurai is a hometown hero, but I appreciate most of what he does.

Nominations:
Full Ken Alt For Ryu x3
Saffron City x2

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Galacta Knight:

Chance: 1%
A post-Sakurai Kirby character not named Bandanna Dee.

Not Bandanna Dee.

SSB5 gets a new director:

Chance: 50%
Who knows?

Predictions for Lana: 3% Chance, 14% Want
Predictions for Tag-team Stock Mode: 5% Chance, 31% Want

Nominate King Boo x 5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Galacta Knight's Chance: 5%
Another ones of those lesser characters that aren't remembered in their own series. No fan support pretty much makes this one unlikely.

Galacta Knight Want: 0%
I absolutely do not want any more derivative/clone characters, and this one looks to be that way.

----------

New Director's Chance: 50%
Sakurai stated this will be his last Smash Bros game, but he also said that for Brawl and Melee.

New Director's Want: 25%
I would only want this for his sake. This game took quite a bit out of him and he deserves to have time away from it. With that said, I can't see anyone making the series as good as he would and a new director may not put the care and love in that it needs.

Galacta Knight
Chance 0%
nope
want 0%
not at all interested in thi

new smash director
double abstain
Yes i'm abstaining from my own concept

I have no idea if Iwata, hand issues, stress Etc are enough.

as for want. . .I have no idea what the future holds. I'm not shulk. Sakurai has done an amazing job as director and made a fantastic series. But that doesn't mean someone else can't do it better. But maybe they wouldn't

maybe the new director ads every character I want liike Wonder Red and Ridley. Maybe they add none of them. Maybe the new director doesn't care for veterans and focuses more on newcomers and we miss a lot of vets. WHo knows. i don't. I just wanted to see what others thought.

predictions
Lana 3.5%
tag team stock 4.3%

noms
Midna 5

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Galacta Knight

Chance - 20%: Wow, just wow. Never before have I ever considered this character to be shrugged off from such bull**** reasons. Not gonna lie, this actually pisses me off a bit. Seriously, I thought our community at large was gifted in inventing movesets for characters like this. But apparently I'm mistaken.

"He's a post-Sakurai Kirby character! Sakurai's biased only to the Kirby games he's directed!"

There has been no Word of God statements that I'm aware of that confirm Sakurai's either biased or prejudiced to his own Kirby games. I encourage anyone to prove me otherwise by linking any relevant interviews, columns, etc.

To me, this conclusion has been drawn from how we haven't received any Kirby newcomer since Brawl and all the new stages we got from this game were from Adventure and Super Star (Ultra :troll:). This ignores the fact that Squeak Squad, Return to Dreamland, and Triple Deluxe have all been represented through music and trophies. Consequently, King Dedede was revealed in accordance with Triple Deluxe's release. While these may be nothing more than him being forced to acknowledge legacy, it's still there that he hasn't blocked those games out from his creative decisions.

Besides, there could be a number of factors as to why he didn't want another Kirby character in this game. Remember, Sakurai may not have any involvement with the Feel Good or Kumazaki-directed games, but he was also very picky about "overrepping" his franchises in the roster.

"He's too similar to Meta Knight, so he'd be a clone or alt costume!"

While Galacta and Meta both share archetypes, saying that Galacta's just an imitation of Meta is completely ignorant. The people who use this claim against him either have never seen either one of his boss fights or can't see past his archetype. Even if they borrowed a couple aerials, tilts, or smashes from Meta, it wouldn't be enough to Luigify him.

Galacta could have the air mobility and speed of Meta Knight with more attack power and extended hitboxes to complement his lance's range. Besides his tornado functioning like Meta's in battle, they can repurpose it for another use. Say, have the tornado travel upwards with increased height and control the more rapid your button presses are. Maybe give it a windbox or suction power or something else. Galacta could use Meta's ground sword wave attack or sword beam projectile and combo from his Super Star boss fight and Sword moveset respectively. Maybe he could summon Axe Knight/Mace Knight/Javelin Knight/Trident Knight to function as independent enemies like Dedede's old Waddle Dee/Waddle Doo/Gordo Toss. Galacta could cast rays of light from the tip of his lance for rotation attacks, cast a flame projectile from his shield (which can double as a ranged reflect), erupt pillars of flame/lightning from the ground, and summon hails of sword projections. His Final Smash could accommodate those last two, cast a horizontal tornado pillar, or invent something completely new.

Now, could Galacta work as a Meta clone? Sure he could. His similar enough to strip him down to Meta's moveset and have enough room for Luigificaton. Yes, it would disappoint his supporters for truncating his potential (like Dark Pit, Lucina, and even Dr. Mario could've been), but it might just be better than nothing if it really came down to it. Dark Meta Knight would be more suitable, IMO.

Really, the only valid points against him are his low demand and fierce series competition. If there's any 4th Kirby character that's the most necessary, it's Bandana Dee. Bandana Dee's basically a franchise face at this point and he;s taking his series' favor and Ballot support by landslide.

If Galacta Knight wants to have a better, easier-to-swallow chance in Smash, he needs to have an more expanded role in new Kirby games much like Bandana Dee and - to a lesser extent, Magolor, already have. He's pretty much a fan favorite at this point, being just as enigmatic as Meta Knight with the potential to serve as a key figure in the lore ("strongest warrior in the galaxy", sealed away for his power was too great, could expand the mystery of Kirby's race), and his theme is ****ing dank! Only Kirby boss theme to have heavy metal elements! I at least want his theme remixed Gourmet Race style!

Want - 85.7%: I'd totally be down for Galacta Knight. I've loved the character ever since he was introduced, adds a very unqiue foil compared to Meta Knight. However, I won't be pushing hard for him until he feels more "deserved" to claim a 4th Kirby slot. Keep in mind that whoever claims that spot will never be muted from the fandom and has a high chance of becoming a recurring veteran.

Concept: Smash 5 Has New Director

Chance 70%: Really, it's too early to call since Smash 4's still in development, so we don't know where Sakurai will take his career next. But if his statement about a probable retirement is anything to go by, a new director seems likely for SSB5. Sakurai remains tapped of his creativity for this franchise beyond SSB4's vision, Iwata's motivation died with him, etc.

If Sakurai leaves, Super Smash Bros. is already too big for Nintendo to allow it to die. Surely, either they or Bandai Namco will have a successor ready to appoint. Of course, ultimately Sakurai will decide who gets his torch. After all, he'll likely be a supervisor or a supporting director so Smash doesn't take off in a direction so radical it become In Name Only.

Funny how Sakurai carried off the reins of Kirby with Amazing Mirror as a special advisor to new directors, which should be identical to how he'll pass on Smash, for the most part.

Want - 65%:

Captain Hotcakes said:
Welp, whoever the new director is, I prefer the talent to be relatively young so they have a fresh slate on legacy (Miyamoto, Aonuma, and Sakurai will all die with their talents someday) and they must hold the core mechanics of the series and Sakurai's standards of quality assurance, whilst giving the game original design touches and mechanics that Sakurai would remain too rigid to conceive. However, Sakurai definitely should be involved as a project supervisor for mentorship and to advise development so it still feels like a genuine Smash game. Like, he would be needed to prevent Goku from breaking down the ungodly 4th-party barrier or so the engine doesn't get overloaded with features or resembles traditional fighting games too closely.

The worst things to result from this would be gamer hysteria of Smash Bros. being dead despite demand and insecure people wanting one to come sooner because they think they'll either grow out of or have too much duty not to spare time to care about it despite wanting it. But with the wait showing the franchise is taking steps to age better and to give us another kickass game, Shigeru Miyamoto's parable could apply here. "A delayed game eventually is good. A bad game is bad forever."
Wave 4 Mii Fighter Costumes Predictions x3
Most Popular Ballot Characters By Region x2

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Galacta Knight:
Chance: 0%
Want: 0%

New Director:
Chance: 25%

Predictions:
Lana: 2%
Tag Team: 6.5%

Nominate x5 Saffron City

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Galacta Knight
Chance: 0.6%
Not a prominent enough character in the Kirby franchise, and even has competition to deal with. I'll give the hidden boss from the Kirby franchise a small rating of 0.6%.
If he made it he might end up being as broken as Brawl Meta Knight...

Want: 3%
Seems like a dull character addition to me.

SSB5 Getting a New Director
Chance: 55%
It could go either way. Sakurai might not feel the need to come back at this point. I'll give the concept of Smash 5 receiving a new director a chance of 55%.
I wonder how different the series would be...

Want: 15%
I feel like Sakurai probably knows how to do it best, but change might not hurt.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Under my Control is also pretty "aggresive": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD4BqwINz0M
Yeah, that's pretty aggressive, but while I'm no expert on rock, I think that's more straight rock or Punk-ish. I don't think that's metal rock, which is the main focus of our discussion.

Still fairly good, though. Probably good for a climax, though I'd say CROWNED complacently overshadows the theme. Maybe Under My Control will get it's own remix one day to bring it back up...

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Galacta Knight

Chance: 5%
Basically a pink recolor of Meta Knight with a shield...
Don't really have too much new to say, but there is far too much competition from within the Kirby series. However, Galacta does have one thing: he looks badass, which could definitely bring in the US fans (remember, American Kirby is Hardcore). Unfortunately, too much competition and low ballot support kill him, along with the fact that he'd be a really easy clone - MK even already has a GK recolor
New Director for SSB5

abstain for all
I can't really say much here at all. We've got a great series, but each one is making some great choices along with some odd turns. Brawl looked great with the realism and the amazing remixes and adventure mode, but then brought in all of the tripping and made the game a little on the slow end. SSB4 sped the game up to a nice level, but then took a dump on people who want to do silly things like play alone. Maybe a fresh set of eyes could do well...
But Sakurai's a great director as it is. I get that he's pushing himself to the limit for this game and getting a lot of backlash, but he doesn't have to. He could have people help him, but he doesn't - makes me think he wouldn't want to have someone else take over.
I don't know what is best. But I hope SSB5 will have more for single players to do - we can't all play huge parties all the time, and not everyone has friends or wifi to play whenever they want. And I hope we keep a huge roster - it's prohibitively large, but that's part of the fun.
But also, someone does need to sit him down and explain that highly-requested characters from Western-centric Nintendo franchises may deserve to be in before one-game wonders from his own series as well...
Lana Prediction: 1.0%
Tag-team mode Prediction: 11.1%

Nom:
Midna x2,
Multiple DLC from same series x2,
Wolf x1

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Galacta Knight's chances: 0.5%

I don't see it getting in over the likes of Bandana Dee or Magolor.

Want: 10%

A little interested, but not much.

New Director: ABSTAIN

Lana prediction: 1.24%
Tag-team prediction: 14.67%

Nominations: Fossil Fighter x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Galacta Knight

Chance - 0.01% - Only giving him this much due to popularity. He's not important enough otherwise to get in.

Want - 35% - While he could be unique, I'm too paranoid about a second Meta Knight Brawl situation to support him.

New Director

Chance - 50% - I can see this going either way; Sakurai is a perfectionist, but it looks like he might want to take a break soon.

Want - 60% - Honestly, Sakurai should take some time off, seeing how hard he was worked on. Maybe his arm will heal...

Predictions

Lana - 1.23% - Is she even a cannon character?

Tag-team prediction - 9.35% - Who knows?

Nominations

Non-playable representation for Ballot Runners-up X5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Galacta Knight:

Chance:0%
Want:5%

New Director

55% Chance
65% Want
It could happen mainly because of Sakurai's injuries. I feel he needs a break because of that.

Predictions:

Lana: 1.87% She's another one in the long line of "Zelda fad character of the week that people suddenly want in Smash but forget about it later."
Tag Team: 8.53%

Nomination: Wolf Rerate x5

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Galacta Knight:

Chance and Want: Double Zeroes

He's badass, but too redundant. Nuff said.

New Director

55% Chance
65% Want
It could happen mainly because of Sakurai's injuries. direction can easily take the series in a better or worse direction depending on his experience with the franchise. Again, it can be something that can be a mixed bag if we think about it.

Predictions:

Lana: 2%
Tag Team: 5%

Nomination: New Concept: Genei Ibun Roku #FE rep x5

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Galacta Knight

Chance: 10%

Almost everyone see Bandana Dee as the prime option. But isn't impossible.

Want: 60%

I have positive bias with every Kirby character.

Double Abstain with Sakurai Thing

Predictions:

Lana 2.2%
Tag Team Mode: 10%

Nominations:

Rerate!Micaiah x3
2 or more DLC Character from the same series x2

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Galacta Knight
Chance: 0% - Very minor character in the Kirby series with almost no fan support.
Want: 10% - Not a big fan.

SSB5 has a new director
Chance: 60% - This score is pretty much a shot in the dark, but it seems more likely than not based on what I've heard about Sakurai's health.
Want: 0% - I can't help but feel SSB is going to go downhill after they put someone new in charge. It would also just be plain sad to see Sakurai go.

Nominations: Smash Tour updates x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
GALACTA KNIGHT
CHANCE: 2.78%
WANT: 14.54%

CONCEPT: SSB5 GETTING A NEW DIRECTOR
CHANCE: 49.04%
WANT: 48.38%
Next up we're rating Lana and the concept of a Tag Team mode. Also please predict what score Samurai Goroh and Micaiah will get tomorrow.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Lana

Lana doesn't get a lot of support, we are not certain of any character from Hyrule Warriors getting representation in Smash outside of the Triforce, and even if Impa's getting all the support based on her incarnations from both Hyrule Warriors and Skyward Sword...

----

yep....she's not Impa and even still, I never really liked her all that much...I don't even put her in the same league as any of the 'offiical' Zelda one-offs like Midna, Ghirahim, Tetra (she's not a one-off but still)....perhaps....she may be a Mii costume...well if we had a Mii Mage it would be perfect but as a playable fighter no thanks....

----

Concept: Tag Team Mode

Hard to say, but I don't think so...doesn't really seem very likely...it works for the Capcom crossover fighters but for smash it seems a bit more awkward, not too mention it most likely won't be implemented onto the 3DS version since it essentially works like a transformation...I dunno...this ones a little difficult but I don't see it happening tbh...

----

Don't really care...It may be interesting to mess around with but nothing I'd really be excited about...

----

Prediction:
Samurai Goroh: 1.23%
Assist Trophy from a overlooked franchise...

!Rerate: Micaiah: 4.56%
rerating Fire Emblem characters....oh boy....

----

Nominations:
Concept: Tetris Stage x2
!Rerate: Solo Midna x2
Concept: 2 or more DLC characters from the same series x1

Pretty soon all three of my nominations will be rated, possibly within the next week...might step back from RTC for a while afterwards...it may be time especially with all the rerates going on lately (one of my nominations being them)...I'll probably still lurk and throw some nominations for some other stuff to rate later on but probably will step down from serious rating, unless the idea does interest me slightly...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lana

A minor Zelda spin-off character with low demand.

Want: [insert tired Zero joke here] (0%)

Tag-Team Mode

It doesn't seem like something Sakurai would implement.

Want: 50%

Predictions:

Micaiah Rerate - 3.1%

Why? What has changed since our previous rating?

Samurai Goroh - 2.5%

Nominations: Wolf Rerate x5

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Lana
Double 0

Tag Team
abstain

Prediction
Both 1.2%

Nominations
Baby Mario x3
Offline Tourney x2

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Lana:

Chance: 1.5%

Tag Team Mode:

Chance: 2%
Want: 75%

Nominations:
Full Ken Alt For Ryu x4
Saffron City x1

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lana:
Chance: 0.01%.
Want: 80%.

She's a one off character from a recent game that's not that popular. She's basically Zelda's Geno with recency, although maybe she's actually owned by Nintendo, but even still...

Despite this, I liked Lana so I'd be totally on board with having her in Smash. Her magic would be really interesting to see reworked for Smash Bros. However, I do not want her to be added as a Zelda character, I want her to be a representative of Hyrule Warriors itself.
If Lana was chosen to represent the Zelda series over many other characters I'd be rather upset, same with Buster Sword Impa.

Tag Team Mode:
Chance: 5%.
Want: 100%.

Can't see many more modes being added.
More modes = more fun.

---
Nominations: Midna x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Lana

Chance - 0% - Honestly, I think she's basically going to be the "New Geno." A character with a high amount of potential, but held back by third party status and not technically being part of Nintendo, despite being part of an already established franchise.

Want - 40% - Don't care for her, and their are better characters for Legend of Zelda anyway.

Tag Team Mode

Chance - 0.35% - While it's the sort of thing that's kinda already in the game, It's not something I would expect.

Want - 70% - Not exactly thrilling, but it could be fun.

Predictions

Micaiah - 2.89% - Why are we rerating?

Samurai Goroh - 2.64% - The clear next choice for a character from F-Zero, but an assist trophy.

Nominations

Non-playable representation for Ballot Runners-up X5

Troykv

Smash Master
I just... I don't have anything to support, all my other wanted characters are already rated. And I just love her.

But I don't have problems if you want blame me. ;w;

I will rate later.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Internet's messing with me. This one really will be short.

--

Lana

Chance: 3%
The immigrant, a character from the spinoff Hyrule Warriors. Though decently well received and specializing in three different type of weapons we've seen little to no of, everything else about her kills her chances. She's a very new character, debuting just a couple months before Smash 4, meaning she may be seen as too risky to include yet until there's a more long term gauge of her popularity. There's a lot of competition between Zelda fans, but Lana isn't anywhere near the characters getting the most support. Furthermore, the fact that her only appearance is in a spinoff might rule her out entirely!

Despite any promise she might have in Smash, Lana has too many issues holding her back. It seems we're still saying that with a lot of characters even now.

Want: 30%
Bound to have an interesting playstyle whether focused on books, staves, or summoning circles, but I'm still more interested in other characters and I'd have concerns about her popularity falling off in the coming year or so and leaving her sticking out like a sore thumb on the roster.

Concept: Tag Team Mode

It's a relatively simple idea, but for whatever reason, we haven't seen it done. There's a small chance we could see something like it added in a future update...but I wouldn't but any money on it. They've been revealing new modes far in advance, and Tournament Mode in particular was pushed back because it wasn't ready for the initial release. If there was a Tag Team Mode in the works, we'd probably have heard of it by now.

It's an intriguing idea, and it'd be a new spin on doubles that could spark a whole new metagame. At the same time, though, I don't feel like it's something that needs to happen.

Samurai Goroh Prediction: 2.87%
A popular "second rep" for F-Zero back when speculation was high...but being an AT again will crush his rating.

Micaiah Rerate Prediction: 2.75%
The general opinion is there aren't many DLC characters left, leaving an already low rating to slip even further.

Nominations:
Concept: Multiple DLC Characters from the Same Series x5

Hey, @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice ? I think we're at the point where we can do back do doing one entry per day.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Lana chances: 0.02%
A spin-off exclusive character who means nothing for the series as a whole. Even a trophy would be very unlikely.

Lana disapproval: 100% (or 0% want)
NO GOD PLEASE NO!
Seriously, she looks like an overly generic kawaii girl and feels out of place in the Legend of Zelda universe, even in a spin-off. And I can't think of any good reason why she should be in Smash besides "moveset potential", which imo would never be the first reason to consider a character. I would be angry, and I would have a hard time considering Smash as a serious crossover anymore, if she got in.

-----

Tag-team stock mode chances: 6.5%
Pretty much already programmed in the Wii U version with the final battle of Smash Tour, but seeing added to the Smash mode would be a surprise and overall unlikely addition to the game.

Tag-team stock mode want: 70%
Sounds fun.

-----

Samurai Goroh prediction: 1.02%
Yet another Assist Trophy who will do miserably.

Micaiah prediction: 3.01%
I don't see the point of rerating her, but whatever.

Nominating:
Returning stage: Meta Crystal x5

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Finally joining this thread.

Lana:
Chance: 20% Well, HW is still a big thing thanks to the upcoming 3DS version. I don't really think any Zelda character dlc is likely, but surly she has fans voting for her, right? If Nintendo owns the character I don't think there'd be a problem.
Want: 80%
Why not? She's adorbs and can make for a good moveset :love:

Tag Team Mode:
Chance: 5% I really don't think they'll bother with this, only giving it above 1% because Namco is on board.
want: 65% Can't say no to more ways to play. On the other hand, I feel they could work on something else instead.

Nomination: Genei Ibun Roku #FE rep x5

Lana

Tag Team Mode

Micaiah prediction: 2% (No point on rerating her; nothing has changed)
Samurai Goroh prediction: 3%

Nominations:
Multiple DLC characters from same series 2x
King Boo 3x

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Lana

Yeah, we all know the drill here. Her support is too minuscule.

She's a Mage? Check
She's a Zelda character? Check
I don't understand why most people don't want more interesting characters in the roster, you'd think they were allergic to them the way they react to one.

Tag team mode

Chance: 20%
Maybe, maybe not. I'm not too sure at this point. We got tourney mode, but that was supposed to be in the game from the beginning. We'll have to wait and see.

With limited time and resources( or so we've been told), if they were to put in a new game mode, I'd rather they focus on getting Smash Run on the Wii U somehow.

Nomination:
New Mii fighter class( Mii Lancer, Mii Dual wielder, etc.)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Lana:
Hyrule Warriors has been a hit for the Wii U and as it stands now the only Zelda game for it.
It has been so succesfull it even has spawned a 3DS remake.

The question here is, does Hyrule Warriors need a character?

I think not yet.
But as time goes on and Hyrule Warriors becomes a staple spin-off, Lana might become a contendor.

And she's the frontrunner for it.
While Impa has become a completely new character through Hyrule Warriors, her appearances in the main games weigh more than the Hyrule Warriors one.
Impa's not without moveset potential when discounting HW and I even think she rivals King K. Rool in moveset potential with it.

Oh Lana..

Yeah not happening, not now.

Want: 100%
Moveset potential rivaling King K's huh?
Lana is imo one of the few who manages to do that.

Lana has got three weapons, four when lending some tricks from her counterpart Cia.

The first weapon is the well-known Book of Sorcery.
Contrary to popular believe, and despite it being a book summoning lightning elements, it is very different from Robin's Thunder Tome.

It allows Lana to make glass books.
The function of these can be ranging from walls to spinning blades, and with a bit of imagination, bridges.
Lana thus would be able to create walls from thin air for attacks, jump off of them, walk on them, move them and even let them explode!

Lana's playstyle with this weapon would revolve around making walls in strategic places, so she can jump around the stage while blocking off the enemy.

The second weapon is something closely related to the Kokiri, the Deku Staff.
This allows Lana to create Ice Walls, Deku Sprouts that walk around, a slingshot that shoots seeds and a Deku Leaf to fly around.

The great thing is that these attacks all tie in in the walling aspect of Lana, while also being different.
The Deku Sprout can be jumped on and controlled, the slingshot shoots a projectile through possibly the only walkway not blocked off, the Deku Leaf can give Lana the slow pace she might need in the chaos and the Ice Walls stand in a half circle.

The third weapon is the Summoning Gate.
Also used by her "big" "sister" Cia, the summoning gate summons small version of bosses found in the Zelda universe.
This creates enormous potential, from setting down a portal as a danger zone, or making Smashes with extreme visual flair by letting King Dodongo out for a headbutt!

Again, these attacks really tie into eachother.
The Summoning Gate can be placed down between the wall jump parcours for a mighty blockade that trades mobility for raw power.

Then the last weapon is mostly used for normals.
Cia's Scepter can be used as Lana's Waifu Whip for whip-attacks for normals.

All of these things tie into a great playstyle:
Tricky Traps.

The Book Walls can be set down and be wall jumped on, allowing Lana to get in and out of the fray quick.
These books can also push the opponent away, block off certain paths and attack.

Deku-attacks can extend that playstyle by adding long-range slingshots, rampaging Deku Sprouts and a Deku Leaf to make the paths not blocked off a blockade in and off itself.

Add Summoning Gates to finish opponents off and the Scepter for unique looking normals and Lana is the most unique character in the game.

Might make a full moveset once.
Gonna be hard though, there's so much.

Tag-Team mode
Chance: 14%
Could happen, considering it's in Smash Tour, but the question here is why it wasn't in the vanilla game (non-DLC)

Not neccesary, but very cool

Saving my extra noms

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Lana

No. No no no no no no no no!
Ever since the reveal of Hyrule Warriors, I hated her. Why force some generic kawaii anime girl into Zelda? She doesn't fit into the universe at all. Nobody in the whole series dresses or has hair like that. She has nothing to do with the series, just someone who was put in to add the excuse plot. Seriously, there's no other magic user in any other Nintendo game that they need to prioritize a one-game wonder from a crossover series?

Now, I do want some things from HW in Smash. The costumes are beautiful (Ganondorf's especially), and the bestial dual-wielding Ganondorf is one of the best things I've ever seen for him. Not to mention the awesomeness of bringing back Midna, Ghirahim, and Zant with their unique personalities. I also love that Zelda finally gets to use her rapier here. Impa also is getting most of her love from this game. Heck, even Tingle managed to not get his atrocious Wind Waker design. Why prioritize a non-canon crossover anime chick over canon characters that have much more support (or less, since they were relegated to assist status - please keep voting for them)? People may like Lana, but they really like Zelda canon characters. So why ignore all of that that people do like, to bring in someone who is completely non-canon because she's cute? Ugh...

If you want to canonize anyone from the game, make it Volga. I want to see him in the Zelda canon, and he fits much better. Lana can stay in the crossover. I'd even take the Cia side over Lana since she has less anime hair, and is a villain (reminds me a bit of Veran), despite the whole 'what are you wearing?' thing.
Tag-team mode

This is something that's already programmed in halfway, being the final battle for Smash Tour. People hate Tour, but don't mind this fight, so it could be interesting to see. It could be programmed in in no time.

But would Sakurai want to? Dunno. We didn't even get offline Tourney mode. How awesome would that have been to set up a tourney of your amiibo?
Goroh Prediction: 1.5%
Micaiah Prediction: 3.1%

Nom:
Midna x2
Multiple DLC from same series x3​

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Lana
Chance:
0%

She is from a spin-off game that doesn't matter in the long scheme of things. Hyrule Warriors isn't represented via costumes and (sadly) the music isn't represented. Her ballot support is also very, very small and most fans of Hyrule Warriors would probably be clamoring for the costumes for Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf, have Impa in the game in either this incarnation or her Skyward Sword incarnation, or have Ganondorf's moveset be ripped from here. Moveset potential shouldn't really put a character above others when the character doesn't matter.
Between the last RTC and now, I have been playing Hyrule Warriors and it's a lot of fun. It's fun to use your favorite Zelda characters and just wreck some fools.
...But Lana is a character that I haven't really liked. The plot just felt like some fanfiction Tecmo made and they wanted to put in this character for the sake of having their own character. She is really out of place in the Zelda series as a whole in my opinion.
I don't really play as her much anyway; most of my time is going towards Link, Ganondorf, and Twili Midna.

Tag Team Mode
Chance and Want:
Double Abstain

Samurai Goroh Prediction: 1.13%

Assist Trophy
Micaiah Prediction: 6.40%
I dunno why we are re-rating her.

Nominations: Guile's Theme 5x

D

Deleted member

Lana:
Chance:2%
Only from a spin off Zelda game, lacks Ballot support, blah blah blah you know the drill.

Want:15%
She could be fun to play at least....
-----------------------

Tag Team mode:
Chance:Abstain
I have no idea

Want:30%
Sounds cool.
-------------------------

Predictions:
Samurai Goroh:1.13
I feel bad for F-Zero fans.....

Micaiah:2.45
HOW MANY FE CHARACTERS ARE LEFT?!
---------------------------
Nominations:
Tetris Stage X5

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Lana
Chance - 5%
Want - 60%

Tag Team
Chance - 10%
Want - 80%

Predictions:

Michiah: 3%

Samurai Goroh: 2%

Nomination
Tamagon x 5

Laniv

Smash Champion
Lana:

Chance: 2%
A character from a spinoff game with very little support.

Speaking of Hyrule Warriors, how about Impa, eh?

Tag-Team Mode:

Chance and Want: Abstain

Predictions for Micaiah: 2% Chance, 45% Want
Predictions for Samurai Goroh: 24% Chance, 55% Want

Nominate King Boo x 5

Top Bottom