• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
ISABELLE:
CHANCE: 0%
In a very short time, Isabelle has grown to be the face of the Animal Crossing franchise as much as the Villagers themselves. However, her inclusion as an assist trophy is a dampener, again.

WANT: 65%
She's cute and likeable.
KIRBY STAGE FROM NEWER GAMES:
CHANCE: 15%
I dare say this heavily depends on Bandana Dee's chances. If he doesn't get in, chances of a Kirby stage will plummet. Sakurai's bias towards his own games isn't helpful, either.

WANT: 100%
I love Epic Yarn and Return to Dream Land, as well as the newer ones Triple Deluxe and Rainbow Curse. A stage from any of these games would delight me.​

:231:

Last edited:
Isabelle
chance 0%
AT and probably the creepiest Mii costume ever.

want 0%
Dont really like animal crossing and I dont see her doing anythig villager can't that doesn't involve paperwork

New Kirby stage
chance 5%
new stages aren't exactly common. the only one we have is from a 3rd party.

want abstain
no idea what it could even be. dont like kirby much either :/

predictions
agumon 4.2%
talim 1.3%

noms
next smash has new director 3
midna 2 (maybe without wolf link in the name there will be less "3 LINKS BS". . .)

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Isabelle

Chance 0.1%
Want 0.5 %

Well... She's already an assist trophy and I really don't see her doing anything Villager can't do. Don't get me wrong, I like her and all but I can't see her getting a fighter slot.

...I still would love to see alt costumes of Ai and Yu though. :U

D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Isabelle
Chance and Want:
Double Zeroes

In terms of chance, she is an Assist Trophy and she has a costume.
In terms of want, I have been playing a lot of New Leaf recently, but that doesn't mean that I want her as a fighter. She doesn't have any moveset potential at all.

Kirby Stage from a Newer Game
Chance:
1%

Sakurai seems to be biased towards his own games. The majority of Kirby's content is from his games and we have a few songs from the new games on those stages. I can only see this happening if and only if we get a Kirby newcomer and that character is packaged with a new stage, like Ryu.
Want: 100%
I love the old games, but I love the new games just as much. It's a massive heartbreaker to see that barely anything from the new Kirby games is represented.

Agumon Prediction: .85%
Oh god.
Talim Prediction: 1.44%
So I did some research and she is from Soul Calibur... she also appeared on one game on a Nintendo console (SC2) and is pretty unimportant. She should be doomed.

I won? Nice!
Nominations: Guile's Theme 10x

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
midna 2 (maybe without wolf link in the name there will be less "3 LINKS BS". . .)
Tell me about it.
That's why I'm voting Midna by herself too now. Of course, I still imagine she'd be paired with Wolf Link, so essentially we're voting for Midna as a concept.
All of the Midna rerate noms so far have not mentioned Wolf Link. As a Midna supporter, I really agree that most of her day was given to Wolf Link when she's pretty independent in her game, and in Hyrule Warriors she's got generic shadow beasts to fill that role.

I've changed the name in the nom list to specify that Wolf Link is not part of this.

Please let me know if I skimmed too fast and missed a rerate for the concept of both together; I'll split the votes.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Isabelle:

Chance: 0%
Assist Trophy and a costume.

I'd pick either her or Tom Nook as a second Animal Crossing rep.

Kirby stage from a newer game:

Chance: 4%
Sakurai bias strikes again.

If only for the sake of Quilty Square.

Predictions for Agumon: 2% Chance, 13% Want
Predictions for Talim: 5% Chance, 12% Want

Nominate Daisy rerate x 5

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
All of the Midna rerate noms so far have not mentioned Wolf Link. As a Midna supporter, I really agree that most of her day was given to Wolf Link when she's pretty independent in her game, and in Hyrule Warriors she's got generic shadow beasts to fill that role.
I've changed the name in the nom list to specify that Wolf Link is not part of this.
I actually did nominate Midna and Wolf Link together once again a couple days ago, but if you're adding that the collective Midna vote instead now, them thank you.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Money Doggy Secretary Isabelle

Chance/Want: Double zeroes.

Assist Trophy and Mii costume. Keep it moving.

New Kirby stage

Chance: 10%

The stages so far have all been subject to some criteria for inclusion. Dream Land and soon Hyrule Castle/Mushroom Kingdom are nostalgia and Suzaku was because of Ryu. The only way to currently expect a new stage is a newcomer, but even it's impossible to know for certain if this would apply to already represented series.

Want: 30%

There are other series which I'd prefer get new content first, but more stages equals more variety, I suppose.

Precictions:

Agumon: 3%
Talim: 3%

Nominate: Metroid Prime stage x5

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Isabelle's Chance: 1%
Despite being a popular character and one Nintendo loves to promote, she's already an assist trophy which pretty much kills her chance.

Isabelle's Want: 0%
She's just too sweet that I couldn't see her fight nor have the heart to pummel her to a pulp. Plus, I think Villager is enough for an Animal Crossing fighter.

----------

New Kirby Stage's Chance: 25%
We just got a Kirby stage as DLC, so it might not happen.

New Kirby Stage Want: 100%
Regardless of series, I'd love to see more stages as DLC, new or otherwise. The only way I'd object is if it was a mess like Pyrosphere or too big like Great Cave Offensive.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Isabelle

Chance: 1%

Being an assist trophy and a mii costume pretty much kills her chances. She's proven to be really popular and I would love to see her in Sm4sh.

New Kirby Stage

Chance: 5%
Want: 5%

I love new stages but I think 3 Kirby stages is enough.

Agumon: 4.41%
Talim: 2.09%

Nomination: 2 new songs being added to every stage

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Isabelle
Chance- 0%
Want- 25%
I like Isabelle, but I don't think we need her at this point in time... maybe next game if they can think of some new move set ideas to take from the series.

Newer Kirby Stage
Chance- 4%
I don't see it happening unless we get a Kirby DLC character. Even then, there's no guarantee.
Want- 75%
I would be happy with this.

Agumon Predictions- 2%
Talim Predictions- 3%
Nominations:

Porky x10

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Isabelle:
Chance: 6%
As much of as a popular character she has become she's unfortunately an assist trophy.
Want: 40%

New Kirby Stage:
Chance: 5%
Only if a new Kirby character(Bandanna Dee) was DLC
Want: 55%

Predictions:
Agumon:2.4%
Talim:1.87%

Nominations:
Smash 4 NX Port x3
Wolf Rerate x2

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Thanks to the Rayman nominations from @ GaroMaster GaroMaster I've finally decided to use my extra nominations today in order to break the tie with Serperior and secure Rayman's day. So in addition to my five nominations I already gave him, please also count these:

> One more nomination for Rayman;
> Concept: two or more DLC characters from the same series x4

I'm honestly shocked that this concept had not been nominated yet.

Troykv

Smash Master
Thanks to the Rayman nominations from @ GaroMaster GaroMaster I've finally decided to use my extra nominations today in order to break the tie with Serperior and secure Rayman's day. So in addition to my five nominations I already gave him, please also count these:

> One more nomination for Rayman;
> Concept: two or more DLC characters from the same series x4

I'm honestly shocked that this concept had not been nominated yet.
I believe that that concept is very possible (and probably), but mostly from: Franchises with a lot of interesting options to use, have two or more characters with a good support (like Mario and Donkey Kong) and series that their first DLC is a Veteran (Pokémon, Fire Emblem and Mother).

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Isabelle's chances: 0.5%

Though I feel she could be likely for Smash 5.

Want: 20%

I'd like a second Animal Crossing character personally, but I would rather it be Tom Nook.

Newer Kirby stage's chances: 15%

If a Kirby newcomer is added, I think it's more likely than not that they'll bring a stage with them. I'm doubtful of a Kirby newcomer to begin with though, and it's still not a guarantee anyway.

While I personally like both Kirby stages added, I wanted to see something from one of the newer games, so I'd be happy seeing one as DLC.

Prediction for both: 2.77%

Nominations: Gardevoir x5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Isabelle
Chance: 0.2%
She's an Assist Trophy and a Mii Fighter costume. I'll give the Mayor's assistant a small rating of 0.2%.
Maybe next time, little doggy...

Want: 20%
She might be alright, but I feel that Animal Crossing is represented perfectly by just the Villager.

Kirby stage from a newer Kirby game
If we get a new Kirby character, it's more likely. Though there's still a chance we can get one on its own if they ever plan on releasing new standalone stages as DLC. It's still not that likely though as Sakurai seems intent on representing the older side of the Kirby franchise through its stages.
Maybe next time, newer Kirby stage...

Want: 85%
New stage DLC would be great no matter what Nintendo franchise it's from.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Isabelle
Double Zeroes

New Kirby stage from new Kirby game
Chance: 1% - I think we're too late for this.
Want: 50%

Nominations: Tag team stock mode x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Isabelle:
Chance: 3%.
Want: 100%.

Kirby Stage from Newer Games:
Chance: 10%.
Want: 60%.

Predictions:

Agumon: 4%.
Talim: 1%.

---
Nomination: Lana x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
ISABELLE
CHANCE: 1.02%
WANT: 22.89%

CONCEPT: NEW KIRBY STAGE FROM NEWER KIRBY GAME
CHANCE: 8.16%
WANT: 61.94%
Next up we're rating Talim from Soul Calibur and Agumon from Digimon. Also please predict what score Gardevoir and Rayman will get tomorrow.

@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan @ loganhogan loganhogan I counted your ratings.

Last edited:

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
ISABELLE
CHANCE: 1.02%
WANT: 22.89%

CONCEPT: NEW KIRBY STAGE FROM NEWER KIRBY GAME
CHANCE: 8.16%
WANT: 61.94%
Next up we're rating Talim from Soul Calibur and Agumon from Digimon. Also please predict what score Gardevoir and Rayman will get tomorrow.
If it isn't too much trouble, can we rate Gardevoir the day after tomorrow?

I'm gonna be busy all day tomorrow, and I don't wanna miss her day.

Sorry. >w<;;

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Agumon

Want: 60%

Why not? Digimon was fun when I was a kid. Be nice to see the classic Poké-Digi War reenacted on-screen. Tentomon is best Digimon, mind you.

Talim

Chance: 0.5%

Want: 10%

Sorry, I've just never been a huge fan of Talim. I'm more of a Siegfried cat myself.

Predictions:

Gardevoir: 2.5%

Rayman: 36%

Nomination: Midna x 5

EDIT: I misinterpreted how predictions works.

Fixed~

Last edited:

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Talim
Chance: 85%
Before you hate on my score, Talim, yes, only was on Nintendo once, but that was her DEBUT AND she guest starred with Link, not only that Namco helped co-develop the game and they help with the updates, so yeah they should include a second character, Soul Calibur is a series not even represented in Smash, but at the same time is one of the most recognized and loved game series from Namco right under Tekken, and finally the big one, She's the No.1 Favorite Soul Calibur character(no seriously look it up its on their official facebook page), so she's right up with Nightmare in the most likely category, also more females in Smash
Agumon
Chance and Want: 0%
Nominations
SilverX2(Sonic)
Knuckles(Sonic)
NightmareX2(SoulCalibur)

Last edited:
Talim
Chance: 85%
. . . Uh huh. Sure

Talim
chance 0%
a 3rd party characyer that isnt particularly iconic or requested

Want (the fact i had to look this person up doesnt help)
5%
twin swords/daggers are cool. Fiora would do it better

Agumon
0%
again 3rd party. While not highly requested it is definitely iconic and the digimon vs pokemon joke makes itself.

Want 0%
i never really liked agumon and ive only watched the 1st 2 seasons. Veemon/ gabumon/tentamon are all cooler to me.

Rayman 50%
gardevoir 1.03%

Noms
midna 1
2 newcomers from same series 1

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
. . . Uh huh. Sure

Talim
chance 0%
a 3rd party characyer that isnt particularly iconic or requested

Want (the fact i had to look this person up doesnt help)
5%
twin swords/daggers are cool. Fiora would do it better

Agumon
0%
again 3rd party. While not highly requested it is definitely iconic and the digimon vs pokemon joke makes itself.

Want 0%
i never really liked agumon and ive only watched the 1st 2 seasons. Veemon/ gabumon/tentamon are all cooler to me.

Rayman 50%
gardevoir 1.03%

Noms
midna 1
2 newcomers from same series 1
So.. what is the point of quoting my post:confused:

D

Deleted member

Talim

Minuscule ballot support, has more iconic and prominent Soul Calibur characters to compete with.

Want: 10%

I would be curious to see @WiiDude83's reaction if she got in, but aside from that, I'm not very interested. I would prefer Siegfried or Nightmare as a Soul Calibur rep, honestly.

Agumon

Bandai Namco owns him, but he didn't originate from a video game, therefore he is ineligible.

Chance and Want:

(Double Zeroes)

Predictions:

Gardevoir - 2.5%

Rayman - 25%

After Snake's second day, I don't expect Rayman's score to change drastically.

Nomination: NX Port x5

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Agumon

Chance: 3%

I think Namco/Bandai would have other characters to put in Smash before a Digimon.

Want: 3%

Other third parties exist that I want first.

Talim

Double abstain

Literally who? Never heard this name before.

Predictions:

Gardevoir: 5%
Rayman: 50%

Nominate: Metroid Prime stage x5

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Agumon:
Chance: 0.5%
I don't know if Nintendo would be willing to allow the most famous competitor to Pokemon to have a fighter, as it could probably affect sales of Pokemon merchandise (at least in their eyes).
Want: Abstain
I don't really know about the character enough to give a solid opinion. Pass.

Talim:
Chance and Want: Abstain
You know it's bad when you mistake the name for Tallon. :b:

Jokes aside, I sincerely don't have a single clue as to who he/she/it is.

Predictions:
Gardevoir: 1.22%
Rayman: 35%

Nominations:
Two characters from the same series:x5

Last edited:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Talim
Chance
Want
Abstain from both

Augumon
Want: 1%

Prediction
Gardevoir - 3% already a pokeball
Rayman - 22%

Nomination - Serperior x 5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Agumon

Chance 1%
Want: 0%
The main mascot of Nintendo's Cash Cow's biggest rival? Seems really unlikely, especially with 3rd party issues. Why would Nintendo promote a rival? True, that's what Sonic's doing in the game, but SEGA is basically DOA in the console department, and had joined forces with the Nintendo extended cast to make a bunch of sports-related party games. At this point though, there is no indication that they'd need to make a Poké/Digi war, especially since the Digimon franchise is not really struggling.
I highly doubt it, and I don't really need to see it either. Also, it's been a while since anything Digimon has been seen on Nintendo.
Talim

Want: 0%
I don't like to give zeroes for chance since anything is possible, but this might be stretching it. Talim is really one of the more minor characters in the Soul series.

She debuted in SCII, which was the only main series Soul game on Nintendo. Apart from that, she was in 3 and 4, then was cut along with most of the cast when they released the time skipped, underdeveloped 5. And that's it.

IF we were to get a Soul Calibur character, which I doubt very highly since the series is kind of in a holding pattern*, it wouldn't be her. Nightmare is the main mascot of the series, Siegfried is the main character, and Ivy is the most well-known for her unique fighting style (and two other main reasons). Failing those three, it'd be a character who has a major impact on the story and has been in since the beginning (Sophitia), a character who is the perennial Japanese fighter (Mitsurugi), or the one that ties to Tekken (Yoshimitsu). Talim is so far down on the list that she really has no chance.

When Brawl first came out, I was really wishing to see a Soul Calibur character in the game - at that point I liked the idea of third-parties invading Smash, and I really wanted to see Ivy in since she checked off the major boxes of female, unique, interesting character. Plus, the GCN crossover with Link was much more recent. But now, I don't like third parties, and I don't really think that characters should get in based on a series of checkboxes - it should be for deserving Nintendo All-Stars. After all, Sakurai and co. can make a character unique without a problem.

So sorry Talim, but the best you have to hope for is that Namco gets it together and makes a decent SC6. Besides, Amy was a way better little girl fighter than Talim was. Talim gave me diabetes. Amy was a bit younger and was a mysterious cold *****, which was disconcerting and great: [stabs a character several times through the face to win] "Hope only brings disappointment."

*They've really not done much recently. All you hear are rumors of a SC6, which doesn't amount to a thing. IMHO, 3 was incredible, and I've just gotten more and more disappointed as the series went on. SC4 had a nice set of characters (but they were shoving Hilde in your face ), but then most were cut by 5 to make room for a bunch of replacement Scrappies. Nothing like cutting everyone's favorite character to put in their suspiciously similar daughter or protégée (who was blonde in 1500s Japan...) SC5 was also released with 75% of the story cut because of a rushed game, so most questions raised never got answered anyway.
I'm hoping for a 6 with the old cast back, but...it doesn't look good... Or just remake 3 HD, but put Amy in as a full character.

Gardevoir Prediction: 3.5%
Rayman Prediction: 19.9%

Nom: Midna x5

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Agumon

Sure Digimon is owned by Namco, and it's still up in the air if we'll get a second rep from each remaining third party invloved in smash, so the possibility is there, thing is Digimon has greatly fallen off of relevance compared to what it was back in the day...There was this whole Digimon v. Pokemon thing going on but it hasn't quite taken off since Pokemon pretty much always had a step up, so it doesn't quite have the same marketability as Mario v. Sonic, not to mention Yokai Watch seems to be the new, er...Monster game series thing that Nintendo is puching from Level-5 games...

----

I was somewhat into digimon back in the day, but after watching the first season of the show I kinda got bored and got back into Pokemon, Agumon might make a decent fighter (a Final Smash Mega-digivolving into Wargreymon would be sick AF)...but my interest is not really worth mentioning...

----

For those that don't now Talim is a girl from the Soul Calibur series she is known for using a pair of elbow swords in the games...that's really all you need to know...

Talim

Chance: 0.1%
Digimon might not really contribute any playable characters, but Soul Calibur might, whether it'll be Talim or not is hard to say, since she seems like just a random pick from the game, Nightmare is probably arguably the face of the series while other characters like Ivy (who'll never make it into Smash dressed like that) and Yoshimitsu are other popular picks of sorts...Her Elbow swords can make for an interesting short ranged style fighter in Smash with lots of mobility and quickness, but it's really hard to say if we'll get a second Namco rep and if Soul Calibur will be the game to provide it...

----

She'd be cool and all, but when it comes to Soul Calibur, there's a certain swordsmen from Soul Calibur I'd be more interested in....

'NAMU!'

Nightmare would be cool too...or Taki....or Cassandra...or Mitsurugi....don't really care for Talim at all tbh...

----

Prediction:
Gardevoir: 1.23%

!Rerate: Rayman: 34.6%

both are in the game already but not playable, one is a third party but not an NPC while the other is an NPC but just Second Party...this should be interesting...

----

Nominations:
Concept: New Metroid Prime stage x3
Concept: Tetris Stage x2

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Pikachu's "Ultimate" rival, Agumon:
Chances: 1% He's third party, and is a competitor to Pokemon, I have a feeling that even if Nintendo wanted it, The Pokemon Company, being as protective to not even allow Amiibo support out of smash regarding their characters, would without a doubt attempt to throw a wrench in their plans.

Want: 50% You know what, I don't really know or care about Digimon at all, but, I'd definitely love to battle Agumon, simply to show that Jigglypuff is the superior rival of Pikachu's. That would be fun.

Talim:

Chances: 0% Not only is she third party, she's obscure! She's not the main character, and even if she was the No.1 Soul Calibur candidate, she still has to compete with titans such as Klonoa, Bomberman, Shantae, Banjo-Kazooie and, oh, what do you know, Agumon, for that illustrious third party slot! What a coincidence that they happen to be rated on the same day. Sorry, but I don't think this is possible at all, she may just be even less likely than Clefairy, and that, is quite the accomplishment.

Want: 0% I don't care about the character at all, and I'd feel ripped off that instead of getting a character people request, we're given this instead.

Predictions: Gardevoir: 7%
Rayman: 25%
Nominations: Rerate! Wolf x 5

Last edited:
Top Bottom