• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just changing Banjo to 1 makes your total nomination count 11. Your max is 5.
Oh! Your last post read as 15 not five.
Then Inkling X2
Paper Mario X2
And I'll keep banjo as 1 instead of K rool.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I want to rank K Rool
Because he has the most level headed fanbase.
:)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm new so don't crucify me...
My top two based on my understanding are not allowed (Midna and Dark Samus)
so instead let's go...

Krystal X2 (Why she's not in Smash already I don;t even know)
Impa X1 (after Midna she's be th next best rep for Zelda, and I feel Zelda needs at least one more rep)
Banjo Kazooie X1 (probably the most likely third party character IMO, would be cool to play as them in smash)
and...for the lulz...
Crash bandicoot X1 (wishful thinking, even though he's a staple for PlayStation he has appeared on some games for Nintendo and he can indeed have a usable moveset for smash)

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That goes for every other fan base too. :smirk:
I want ratings to be more serious this time around and not just spamming a high rating for the sake of the character, those lead to inaccurate, biased results.

Last edited:
That goes for every other fan base too. :smirk:
I want ratings to be more serious this time around and not just spamming a high rating for the sake of the character, those lead to inaccurate, biased results.
oh this is going to be biased no matter what.

just wait until we start ranking indies/ 3rd parties and if it isnt already it will be apparent lol.

D

Deleted member

Brash the Friggin Bear x5

Bandana Dee x2
King K. Rool x2
Banjo Kazooie x1

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Inb4 he's scraped from the bottom of the barrel like the last time.
No offense to anyone, but it already seems like many of the nominated characters (I won't give out any names or clues) are scraped from the bottom of the barrel.

Last edited by a moderator:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
First off, Thank you all so much for participating. I can't believe we received such a huge turnout this early on. The votes are in and King K. Rool Wins in an absolute indisputable landslide.

Day 1 can now begin, please rate King K. Rool in chance and want.

Also please predict what chance rating Banjo Kazooie will get on day 2.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
First off, Thank you all so much for participating. I can't believe we received such a huge turnout this early on. The votes are in and King K. Rool Wins in an absolute indisputable landslide.

Day 1 can now begin, please rate King K. Rool in chance and want.

Also please predict what chance rating Banjo Kazooie will get on day 2.
K. Rool: "YEAH!! THANK YOU!!"
King K. Rool Chance: 87%. Since the ballot's announcement, King K. Rool's chances have soared dramatically. With so many people requesting him and him constantly being one of the most popular newcomer choices worldwide and a dramatic depth to his moveset potential, King K. Rool would be a fresh newcomer entirely, not to mention the most ideal newcomer choice for the Donkey Kong series.

King K. Rool Want: 100%. Since Ridley fought valiantly and Mewtwo has been confirmed, the last member of the villainous musketeers left to add is King K. Rool. It will be great to see him return to his glory in Smash Bros as well as future Donkey Kong games.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Excellent! I loved this game, pity I didn't get to play it too long before.

K.ROOL

Chance: 80%
Honestly, not much is holding the King back. He's a unique character, a villain, and originates from a severely underrepresented franchise. He's got worldwide fanbases, and has a perfectly-fitting personality - his look is on the comical villain side like Bowser, and he's even shown up in a few spinoffs. The only thing which could potentially get in his way is his notoriety. K.Rool hasn't been seen since Mario Super Sluggers seven years ago, and was a guest character there. In terms of DK reps getting in, Dixie has a lot going for her as well (she's female, cuter, is recognizable as a Kong, and was in many more games recently and as a playable character), but she lacks the immense fanbase that the Rool has. I think it's exceptionally likely that K.Rool would come in, and I think he'd be the logical first choice for a DLC newcomer since he does have such a massive following. Having said that, it'll take time to make him, and Nintendo has been distancing themself from K.Rool recently, whatever their reason may be.​

Want: 100%
Mewtwo is in, Wolf we're getting to in a bit, and the purple pterosaur's on the ropes, but I'd love to get another villain in. DK needs love, and here it is, packaged and ready to go. KROC THE VOTE! ROOL FOR SMASH!!!​

Predictions:
Banjo-Kazooie - Chance: 57.5%, Want: 80.0%

Nominations:
Character: Wolf (Star Fox) x2
Concept: NPC Promotions x3

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Chance: 85%
How the tables have turned for the king. He was a pretty unlikely pipe-dream for many before the game came out, but now is leading tons of polls. Just look at how many votes he got just to TALK about him, it shows how popular of a choice he is, and I feel the only character who has a better shot than him is Wolf (who is considered by many to be a shoo-in). He fills a perfect roll in the game. We need more villains, we need more DK characters, We need new heavy-weights. He is one of, if not THE biggest Nintendo character not playable. The K. Rool train is a one that I feel can't be stopped at this point, unless Sakurai lets his bias show again. The votes for this guy just can't be ignored. At the very least I'm sure all of these votes will lead to him getting considered

And NO Rare does NOT own him

Want: 100%
He was my most wanted newcomer before the game came out, and I'm ecstatic that he's doing so well. I grew up on DKC 1 + 2 (granted it was the handheld versions, but the point stands), and I'm very excited to give DK64 a shot once it arrives on the Virtual Console. He's got tons of moveset potential across his various boss-fights and can really be an interesting character as a heavy, character with a lot of projectiles. The fact that I've been spending WAY too much time in the K. Rool support thread ever since this ballot was announced has only made me more excited for the potential of K. Rool in Smash(shout out to those guys). I hope all this newfound publicity can lead to him retaking his role as the main antagonist of the DK franchise

Prediction: Banjo-Kazooie - 40%

Nominations:
Reckless Safety Guy x5
Concept: Rhythm Heaven Rep x3
Concept: Themed Stage pack DLC (64, melee, brawl) x2

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Let's see if I'm doing this right...

King K Rool
Chance: 90%
-been seeing K Rool supporters everywhere so popularity isn't an issue, the Donkey Kong franchise has established itself fairly well throughout the years so having a third rep isn't so unrealistic
Want: 60%
-never really got into the DK series all that much myself so personally I don't really care if he does or not. With that said I'm not against getting another heavy villain into the roster, if he's in cool, if he's not oh well...

Banjo Kazooie
Avg Rating: 85%
-being a character developed from a third party it may be a slight problem, however out of all third party characters I've seen floating around by their respective supporters, this pair IMO has the best chance for getting into the game considering his popularity but also because they were a part of one of the more memorable games to come out of the N64 and this coming from someone that has never owned the 64 :'( but it is one of the games that has left a mark on myself, and I feel rebooting the series may not be a bad idea...

So if I understand correctly now I can nominate some more characters? (If not then ignore)
-Impa x3 (need more zelda reps, and because I can't vote for Midna)
-Krystal x2 (she'd be an awesome addition with a unique moveset)

Top Bottom