• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
- Why is "Extensive Alternate Costumes" called confirmed? All we've got is WFT and Little Mac at the moment, right? (Did I miss something?)
Right. I created that concept, and in my mind it should require at least like... 5 or more characters to have alternate costumes.

If we assume Wario's costumes return and we get the female Villager alt, I think we need at least one more before we call that confirmed. There's a good chance of that, especially considering how many alts would be a lot less work than the male WFT or Wire Frame Mac. Like Daisy, Mr. L, Dr. Mario (or Dr. Luigi!), different power suits for Samus, Dry Bowser, Outset Link, Skyward Sword beginning Link, even Mario Kart bike outfits for Peach or Rosalina, etc.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the chance of most pokemon are completely shot. Zoroark, Victini, Meowth and Eevee all pokeballs, and they were the most likely. Genesect is untouched, but given a pokemon newcomer and the isolation of Charizard, I highly doubt another pokemon newcomer.

I mean, we got the 6 pokemon of a respectable Smash trainer's team: Charizard, Pikachu, Greninja, Lucario ...and possibly Mewtwo and Jiggs.

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
Satisfaction: 100%
I had merely minor nitpicks, mainly the fact that For Glory mode is FD only and there's no Battlefield. It's not even a huge deal, as it could be fixed by a patch if we whine on Miiverse enough.
The mechanics for already revealed characters was neat, customization was interesting, ZSS and Sheik looks awesome, cool new stages (that FD tho) and assist trophies, gliding, transformations, and tether recovery being removed was more a plus than a negative (in my opinion at least), and online having For Glory is awesome. Really it was the online that had me hyped. The fact that you can have some sort of combos in itself is a step up from Brawl as well.

As Little Mac's reveal was really satisfying for me, I consider newcomers from now on a bonus. Greninja is an amazing newcomer that came out of nowhere. I always liked his design in Pokemon X and Y and it transitions brilliantly in Smash Bros. His moveset and animation seems awesome and fluid.

Palutena being hinted at, Kremlings being recognized are good signs as well. It's unfortunate that characters are deconfirmed, but it was gonna happen anyway considering the fact that it's Sakurai and he wanted to just show off the many new aspects of the game; it was inevitable that the Direct costed many lives.

I liked it a lot though, it got me more hyped for Smash 4 even with Brawl in the back of my mind.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Yay, new thread! Anyways, Direct satisfaction: 100%

I did lose two of my top 10 wanted characters, but they weren't very high anyway. My top 5 survived it, and I'm pretty sure that two of them are almost an inevitability at this point.

Smash Run was one of the announcements that stood out to me the most. I poured days and weeks into screwing around in Kirby Air Ride's City Trial mode with my friends, so I am really excited to see its main ideas being reused in Smash. I am super stoked that they are using actual classic Nintendo enemies in this mode, instead of just Goombas, Koopa Troopas, and generic original enemies that no one cares about. It seems that these games are going back to Melee levels of fanservice, which I feel that Brawl was lacking in. Plus, the freaking Kremlings are back, so I am nostalgia-ing so hard right now.

The 3DS version is coming out this summer, and that is the game that all of my friends are getting (I'm the only person in my immediate friend circle who owns a Wii U). Not only do I get to play with my friends very soon, but we will also know the full roster before too long. Plus, I get to play that awesome Smash Run mode and get a taste of what the Wii U version has in store.

Sakurai was constantly keeping us guessing as to what was coming, which I actually loved. That Zero Suit Samus fake out was hilarious, my heart sank when I saw the back of the Pseudo-Palutena trophy, and he didn't reveal any high-profile newcomers in this, so he can keep the hype going up until the 3DS' release. That man definitely knows how to drum up hype for his games.

We got to see a lot of tweaks to returning characters, so we know that they are not going to be exactly the same as they were in Brawl, and some of the weaker characters got some much needed buffs. Zelda now has that Phantom Slash attack, which will probably add a much needed buff to her already defensive playstyle, Zero Suit Samus has more powerful attacks with the jet boot kicks and a recovery that doesn't suck, Yoshi looks a little faster and more agile, and Pit got a massive overhaul in his moveset (albeit, if I use him this time around, I will have to completely rehaul my playstyle now that his gliding ability is gone).

The item selection looks pretty solid so far. A lot of the good ATs from Brawl are returning, and we got to see the already confirmed ones in action. Lyn is back, and although I thought she would be cool as a fighter, I can accept her as an AT (I'm just glad she's in the game at all). Plus, Midna is an AT, so I'm really happy about that, since she is one of my favorite Zelda characters ever. As for the Pokeballs, I love the addition of the Master Ball for the legendaries, since the battle will become even more frantic when one of those shows up. And the Pokemon selection is pretty satisfying to me.

TL;DR
Overall, the Direct was a success in my eyes. Sakurai showed a lot of what the games have to offer while saving a little bit of hype for the days leading up to the 3DS version's release. I'm satisfied with news on the games for a while now.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I'll keep this short.
95% Satisfaction
-5% for Ridley
He didn't deconfirm anyone I cared about but him but he simultaneously raised half of my top 10's chances.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Overall, my direct satisfaction was 99.9%.
Pros:
EVERYTHING, but in particular:
Customizable moves. YES.
Many of my favorite assist trophies in brawl (Issac, custom robo) were not yet revealed as non-playable, and some of my wanted newcomers (Palutena, K. Rool) were hinted at.
Getting an awesome newcomer and awesome assist trophies (Elec man woot!)
That 3rd trophy quiz. Oh my god.
Cons:
Saki disconfirmation (Poor guy, never really had a chance)
All of this Ridley backlash we are getting
It kept me from getting my homework done...

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Direct satisfaction: 95%

Pros:
The Fact we got tons of new info
Smash Run
Palteuna most likely to be revealed soon
Getting an awesome newcomer (Greninja)

Cons:
No Ridley nor Saki

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Satisfaction~90%
Props
-Greninja is in my Top 5 favorite pokemon, so glad its in smash
-Kremlings=K Rool hype
-Robin=Id Prelude
-Palutena fake out
-Veterans are cool
-Customizable movesets
Slops
-Ridley fiasco, I still have hope

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Satisfaction - 100%

Pros
-Charizard and Greninja popping up out of nowhere.
-Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, and Yoshi being confirmed.
-Customizable movesets.
-Possibility of Palutena being confirmed.
-Hints for K Rool and Robin.
-Final Smash for Villager and Rosalina.
-Mewtwo didn't appear in the montages for AT and PokeBalls.

Cons
-The Ridley fiasco.
-Eevee being disconfirmed.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Oh yeah, my thoughts on the old nominations... Summary: cut the old noms by 80%.
I think the thing to do with the nominations is to clear out the explicitly deconfirmed characters. As far as I'm concerned you can also clear out some of the joke nominations.

Then of the remaining, divide them by five (minimum of 1 nom). Or divide by four. Whatever you want. They're still there, but they don't count as much. That also means if people really agree that they want to rerate Ridley or Palutena or whatever right away, we'll do that within a day or two, but without destroying everything.

I also would reiterate my suggestion that we soon stop rating a previously unrated newcomer every day... I think we're really down to the dregs at this point, and we also have enough information that reevaluating our previous ratings is more interesting.

Additionally, we could do something special if we want to try to avoid another Greninja situation - we could come up with something to push the remaining few contenders to the top. Maybe something like pick fiveunrated newcomers you think we should rate because they have a real chance, and then make the top vote getters the newcomers for the next week, or something like that. This would get more interesting ones to the top rather than just whichever pet character someone has dedicated themselves to (e.g. Arino).

Although to be honest, Pokemon and Fire Emblem are the two series most likely to have out-of-left-field inclusions because of their huge rosters, and we already got ours for Pokemon, and we rated plenty of FE characters... And FE is less likely to be unexpected than Pokemon, since there are main characters (while no single Pokemon is the main character in the games).

Going forward, there are a lot of characters whose chances have changed drastically... but are still in the game.

Hurt
-Ridley: We all know this. He wasn't outright disconfirmed. But remember Toon Link and Pseudo-Palutena... he's not impossible... yet.
-Transformation characters: If switching between two characters or forms was a big part of the character's appeal, they're in trouble. Some, like Chrom, Lucina and Tetra, could still stand on their own. Others, like Pokemon Trainers, are dead.
-Mewtwo & Jigglypuff: They're now competing against each other. There could be room for both of them (Pokemon is at 4 movesets, last time it was 6), but still, the space is shrinking. That said, we know who won this battle last time.
-Squirtle and Ivysaur: Both are hurt since they have to stand on their own now and are not as popular as Charizard. But especially Squirtle, considering that Greninja is a water-type. I really would be surprised to see him.
-Other Pokemon: The competition just got a lot more fierce. Electric, fire, flying, fighting, steel, water and dark are now represented, making those types seem especially less likely.
-Other Metroid newcomer: Metroid now has two slots on the character select screen. To the extent that matters.
-Zelda newcomer: Zelda will now have five slots on the character select screen.
-Takamaru: Samurai are different from ninjas, but it's not helpful to him that a newcomer is throwing shuriken, which is kinda his thing.
-Lip: Lip's Stick has been confirmed to return as an item.

Helped
+Palutena: We all know this too. Pit has a new Final Smash. There's lots of KI content. Pseudo-Palutena trolling shows Sakurai knows she's wanted and he's explicitly teasing us. Would be a huge **** move if she wasn't in. In my opinion, she's now in an even stronger position than Little Mac was before his reveal.
+K Rool: The Kremlings are not forgotten! That said, it's not a huge boost, but it certainly helps.
+Pac-Man: Namco content shown in the game. This only helps a little though, IMO, since I was already expecting some Namco references.
+Bandana Dee: He's mostly in the same position. There used to be generic Waddle Dees in Dedede's side-B, now they're in Smash Run. We still don't know about Dedede's Final Smash, however. That said, Dedede's moveset is more important than Smash Run, so I think it's a slight boost.
+Black Shadow: Only because his series competitor fell. But an F-Zero newcomer is not feeling likely, we haven't even seen Falcon yet.
+Grass Pokemon: Possibly a Grass Pokemon could get in to provide type-diversity and represent the final starting type.

One other...

+Revamped Ganondorf: Seeing the changes for Pit, Zelda and Sheik was heartening. We might finally be getting the Ganondorf we deserve.

Neutral?
These guys might be helped just by virtue of the fact that they're not dead yet... But that applies to lots of characters. But these are a little more notable:
Isaac & Tingle: They weren't shown as ATs.
Shulk: No mention yet...
Fire Emblem characters: Nothing of note other than the death of the Chrom+Lucina idea.
Dixie Kong: It still seems like there's an emphasis on female characters. But K Rool was helped. She's still in the running though.
Star Fox: No changes of note. We haven't even seen a Star Fox stage yet...

One other note is that we have now seen a Pokemon newcomer despite not every veteran being shown yet. We might think this means Jiggs is cut and Mewtwo isn't coming back, or it just means that Sakurai is not holding so fast to that. We haven't seen any newcomer yet who represents a series with no veteran shown yet.
I think a transformation based Chrom and Lucina (or Robin) is mostly dead, but a tag team ala Ice Climbers still has a chance.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Direct Satisfaction: 95%

Pros:
GRENINJA
CUSTOM MOVESETS
RELEASE WINDOWS
MOVESET CHANGES
HALBERD IS BACK
NO ITEMS, FOX ONLY, FINAL DESTINATION
ZERO SUIT SAMUS IS SEXY
SHEIK LOOKS AWESOME
SOLO-ZARD
NEW ITEMS

Cons:
Ridley :(
Minimal Yoshi moveset changes

The pros really outshine the cons. Even if Ridley is disconfirmed.

andimidna

Smash Master
I think there are a lot of important re-rates now, when will we be done with Direct satisfaction?
Also: Is it a bad idea to rate what we thought Greninja's chances were pre-direct? Just so we have SOMETHING to go off of?

-Hints for Robin.
I missed this. Where did this happen?

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I missed this. Where did this happen?
To my knowledge they are referring to the song "id purpose" which was playing during Tiki's trophy reveal. I've seen some Robin supporters argue that it helps his chances since that song is partially associated with him. I don't think it means much as it was one of the most well received songs in the game and I was expecting it to appear regardless of who was playable.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Satisfaction: 100%
  • Zero Suit Samus is hot back.
  • Sheik is back.
  • Characters are getting buffed. (Yay Zelda!)
  • Yoshi is back (given)
  • All the newcomers look amazing...
  • Smash Run looks incredible. Insta-buy.
  • Palutena essentially confirmed.
  • Summer 3DS release date.
  • Charizard by himself, and probable two cuts that I don't mind!
  • GRENINJA is AMAZING.
  • Pokemon League Stage = Diantha Battle Theme
Amazing. Simply amazing.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Satisfaction: 85%.
- Loving the new look of ZSS.
- Hating that both she and Sheik are now seperate.
- Hating that Charizard is alone.
- Loving the Mega Evos.
- Hating that so many Assists are repeats.
- Loving Mega Man's Final Smash
- Glad Charizard returned though.
- Hating Greninja
- Palutena hinted at
- Yoshi finally revealed.
- Summer for the version I will be buying.
- Freaking Hyped for all newcomers besides Greninja.

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
At first I was afraid I was petrified a bit dissatisfied with the Direct, but mostly from the shock of Greninja. I've since warmed up to the idea of him as a character, but I'm a little worried about Mewtwo and Jigglypuff. It's still possible that they'll both be in, though. Ridley being possibly deconfirmed was also something that I wasn't too fond of, but it seems a bit fishy to not outright show him as a boss, so I still have hope for him as well. Aside from those minor nitpicks, I'm extremely happy with the Direct. Kremlings as Smash Run enemies boost K. Rool's chances, Palutena is pretty much confirmed, most gameplay changes look awesome, and the item lineup, in my opinion, was one of the highlights.

So, overall, I'd say my satisfaction level is 90%.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Direct Satisfaction: 30%

Greninja. Why? Literally put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. Was some really nice stuff, still, looking back on it. Can't be completely disappointed.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Direct Satisfaction: 30%

Greninja. Why? Literally put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. Was some really nice stuff, still, looking back on it. Can't be completely disappointed.
I agree. It didn't ruin the whole day for me but it legitimately pissed me off and continues to do so.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Satisfaction: 69%.... why you say?

:039:mostly cause it proved i was right regarding Ridley's low chances and that ppl giving him a 60-80 percent in chance was a little "reaching" imo

i remember i was one of the few ppl who gave Rosalina a higher chance than everyone else did (it was when she got confirmed as a playable character in super mario 3d land)

:039: the death of transformation characters... it gave Zelda and Shiek new moves! which is a plus... I found Shiek's chain useless

:039: Smash Run seems EPIC.... the gameplay of gathering power stats before a match is whacky, random and fun...

:039: Zero presence of Pacman. keeps hope for me that he won't be in the game.

:039: Sakurai was cute.... yeah i know that has nothing to do with the game....

:039: Little Mac has poor recovery and bad air game. More hopeless victims for :039: please

:039: I liked the move changes to Olimar... even though i don't play him, now i'm more inclined to... honestly hated his old recovery.

:039: the option to report ppl online... you have no idea how many giga bowser/super wario hackers i wanted to report. I'm loving the new improved Online mode in general

:039: Palutena's Temple seems like it will be the next Zelda's Temple which was my fave stage.

:039: Final Destination version of stages. the final destination stage itself looks more badass

:089: Smash Run is not available on the Wii U version.

:089: Eevee and Midna is a Assist Trophy which is a bummer..... least Eevee is finally in smash.

:089: Nintendog and Devil is back... and that ugly unicorn thing is a pokeball >_>

:089: Megaman seems OP... which will probably give :039: a hard time </3

:089: didn't like Greninja... i didn't see this one coming... I'm not fond of Ninja type characters.... I prefer a different playstyle.

:089: Rainbow Road looked really dull and gross... i'm guessing they based it off a handheld version cause the one in Mario Kart 64 looks waaaaay better.

:089: lack of :039: , :007:, :002:, and :150:

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Satisfaction: 69%.... why you say?

:039:mostly cause it proved i was right regarding Ridley's low chances and that ppl giving him a 60-80 percent in chance was a little "reaching" imo
Well, to be fair, one could've given Ridley a rating of 99% and they wouldn't have been wrong. Or even overstating anything.
Still acknowledged that fact that it could not happen, right? :awesome:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Well, to be fair, one could've given Ridley a rating of 99% and they wouldn't have been wrong. Or even overstating anything.
Still acknowledged that fact that it could not happen, right? :awesome:
true hehe that 1 percent of not making it XD

Still... in my mind... his chances are definitely not 70-80 percent.... as popular as he may be here, i have my reasons for thinking his chances to be lower.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
The following first four days of characters were ALL affected by the Direct according to a lot of people. We won't do any predictions or anything for these days.
Day 4 from now should be Palutena and Ridley
Day 5 would be King K. Rool, Shulk, and Dixie Kong
Day 6 would be Mii, Pac-Man, and Takamaru
Day 7 would be Chrom, Robin/Avatar, and Isaac
we could skip Lip because she was recently rerated and nothing in the Direct affected her.
Day 8 would be Chibi-Robo, Impa, and Bowser Jr. just to finish off the Top 20 and I've seen revote nominations anyway. Sheik also probably affects Impa.
I endorse this for the most part. I'd prefer just doing two characters per day instead of three; the over/under day is an exception, not the new rule. Do I have anyone to ratify it?
I'd like to propose a new nomination system that may handle the flaws of the old system due to all of the joke characters we went through last round.

During a previous round (say, Day -1) everyone sends Groose (or someone else, I could take this role) one nomination through PM along with a sentence explanation on why we should rate the character. This creates a filter. The next Day (Day 0), the nomination collector tallies all of the nominations that passed through the filter and people nominate in thread on the idea they want to rate for the next day (Day 1). The one with the most nominations in thread is the one that gets discussed and all the rest get discarded but they can be taken through the system again for another vote.

I'll use an example in this spoiler tag if this seems overly complicated.

Step 1: Send nominations to the filter.

Let's say that I'm the filter. I get nominations for Mewtwo, K. Rool, Palutena and Bandanna Dee.

During the next day, I post the characters up for nomination. People vote on the character they want to discuss on Day 1. Let's say the results are: Mewtwo: 9 votes, K. Rool: 6 votes, Palutena: 15 votes and Bandanna Dee: 3 votes. Meanwhile, the filter is collecting nominations for Day 2.

The next day, we'd discuss Palutena's chances on Day 1. The filter posts nominations for Day 2, and is receiving nominations for Day 3.
Basically what you're saying is that we kept the current system, but toss out all nominations at the end of each day? That may work, but I could see problems if people don't collaborate.

Direct Satisfaction: 100%
I've always preached one thing above all else: low expectations lead to great joy. I went in expecting a 15 minute Direct revealing Miis and shown a quick sample match or two with an early Autumn release date. Yeeeeeaaaaahhhh... the Direct blew that out of the water, so I'm definitely fully satisfied with it.

I watched the whole shebang at a friend's house. That Direct had us on the edge of our seats the entire time. Before I get too deep into contents, I just want to say that the entire thing was brilliantly scripted and paced; I loved all the little details. The figurines on Sakurai's desk, the trophy quizzes [I got the Metroid one wrong :( ], Sakurai's substitute, lying about Zero Suit Samus... it was really riveting and we immediately rewatched the entire thing. Oh, and did I mention that they revealed so, so, sooooooo much.

First of all was the announcement for the 3DS version launching in Summer; with both of us lacking Wii Us and going off to college in different states this fall, that's something to get hyped about. Second thing on the list was the online; For Glory sounds like it will be playable at the least and it's good to see robust 3DS online. Another thing that stands as noteworthy to me is the Kremlings; K. Rool is also the top newcomer of my friend (we grew up playing DKC together, and he still has a save on the copy of DKC2 I'm playing now). I spotted the Kremlings first and we started freaking out. Finally, there's Greninja; we were both screaming "MEWTWO!" at the computer when we saw the shadowy figure, but we were both really satisfied with Greninja; we're both big into X and Y. He was my starter and my friend uses on competitively, so...

...yeah, guys. My number two character got deconfirmed. What makes the blow a bit worse is that he was the only one of my top five that I actually expected; I thought Shulk and K. Rool had strong shots, but I wasn't nearly as confident in the pair as I was in Ridley. I know Layton and Hades are pipe dreams, too. However, you know what? I'm not overly disappointed. I don't have all of my hopes for this game pinned on getting one single character in as playable. Heck, there are already three or four newcomers that I just have to try out; one or two characters that I want in getting left out won't leave me cursing Sakurai.

...besides. A Smasher never cries until it's all over. And we haven't seen the end. Ridley may not be playable in this game, but this probably won't be the last Smash game. I'll bide my time and help lead the charge for him next time.

DAY OVER

....GROOSE USED SUBSTITUTE!

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Direct Satisfaction: 79.71% Satisfaction
It was all glowing... except for Greninja and Ridley. You don't mess with Ridley or Mewtwo, people!

Please give a Greninja Satisfaction score. I don't have much time to elaborate.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Greninja Satisfaction: 57%
He's definitely one of the coolest gen 6 Pokemon but I just can't see myself using him that much. There were a lot of Pokemon that I wanted in ahead of him and he's likely driving a wedge between Mewtwo and Jigglypuff.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Greninja Satisfaction: 65%

He's growing on me.

But he ruined my precious Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo...

Still he seems cool!

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
90%

Seems like he's a little too new (6 months old), but I like the playstyle with the trickery moves. The water swords were icing on the cake.

Water is my favorite type.

Forever #TeamFennekin though

D

Deleted member

100%

Ninjas in fighting games usually work out very well (examples: Guy in Street Fighter Alpha, Strider Hiryu in Marvel vs. Capcom), and Greninja seems to be no exception. I look forward to performing his awesome abilities.

His confirmation did surprise me.

andimidna

Smash Master
90%

I didn't know how much I wanted Greninja until I saw him fighting.
And he looks amazing.
#6 Main right here.
I like Delphox more of the evolved starters in X/Y, but Greninja makes a better fighter.
Same goes for my favorite Pokemon, Gardevoir VS him.
I can't give him 100% though, only Rosalina can get that from me.
He raised the chances of 6 Pokemon slots by a lot!
Which gives the possibility of another Mario newcomer some validity.
And if there were 6 Zelda slots, damn. Hype.
I love water. I love frogs. I love ninjas.

Shamurai Formerly

Sultan of Sham
NNID
shamuraiform
3DS FC
4871-5739-8819
60%

While I'm not particularly positive about Greninja, I'm not against it in any meaningful fashion. He'll be fine.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
100%

I like the character and his playstyle looks really enjoyable to me as I love the ninja influence and how it was represented here. He's definitely going to be one of the new characters I try out first and I look forward to playing with him.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
0%

I'm sorry, but Rosalina was pushing it already for me. Greninja is a flavor of the month character and nothing more. Adding him into Nintendo's game of all-stars is literally the biggest mistake on Sakurai's part since he added six clones in Melee before King Dedede. I have never been downright angered by a character reveal until now. I'm being completely honest when I say that I have never had such a hype ruining moment in my life until now.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
0%

I'm sorry, but Rosalina was pushing it already for me. Greninja is a flavor of the month character and nothing more. Adding him into Nintendo's game of all-stars is literally the biggest mistake on Sakurai's part since he added six clones in Melee before King Dedede. I have never been downright angered by a character reveal until now. I'm being completely honest when I say that I have never had such a hype ruining moment in my life until now.
Agreed, yet again.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
For the record, if you like the character, good. I'm genuinely happy for you. I'm not trying to insult anybody's opinions. I just don't like him at all.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Greninja: 5%

Pokémon Company are obviously going to promote the **** out of like they did Charizard back in genwun... but that's not happened yet, so he kinda doesn't fit as an all-star... So first thing, he really doesn't deserve it. He's not even a rising star as Ash hasn't evolved his yet, he's a soon to be rising star... Rosalina made more sense.

Then there's the moveset... Rosalina was new and exciting, a brand-new (to smash) character archetype, Greninja isn't. Pretty much all of his moves are copies (even when they make no sense to be, hello Water Shuriken), and the one things that stands out is his d-air bounces him back up after a hit... whoop, that's enough to make the character worthwhile! Totally using all the character has to offer there :S.

I get that Greninja was the best choice for a gen 6 pokémon, but the best of a bunch of Pokémon that shouldn't really be in Smash yet is not the same as a good choice of Pokémon...

I may have felt the same about Lucario back in Brawl, I can't remember, but atleast Lucario had a unique mechanic... And had he not made the cut for Brawl I'd be all for him now, he deserves the spot... Maybe next Smash I'll feel the same about Greninja, but that time is not now.

andimidna

Smash Master
Hmm...
To me, Rosalina and Greninja are the most appealing characters moveset-wise.
I'll be maining them.
Just because unlikely characters got in Smash, doesn't mean they're worthless.
I actually love all of the newcomers so far. It's some of the veterans that bug me.

Greninja: 5%

Pokémon Company are obviously going to promote the **** out of like they did Charizard back in genwun... but that's not happened yet, so he kinda doesn't fit as an all-star... So first thing, he really doesn't deserve it. He's not even a rising star as Ash hasn't evolved his yet, he's a soon to be rising star... Rosalina made more sense.

Then there's the moveset... Rosalina was new and exciting, a brand-new (to smash) character archetype, Greninja isn't. Pretty much all of his moves are copies (even when they make no sense to be, hello Water Shuriken), and the one things that stands out is his d-air bounces him back up after a hit... whoop, that's enough to make the character worthwhile! Totally using all the character has to offer there :S.

I get that Greninja was the best choice for a gen 6 pokémon, but the best of a bunch of Pokémon that shouldn't really be in Smash yet is not the same as a good choice of Pokémon...

I may have felt the same about Lucario back in Brawl, I can't remember, but atleast Lucario had a unique mechanic... And had he not made the cut for Brawl I'd be all for him now, he deserves the spot... Maybe next Smash I'll feel the same about Greninja, but that time is not now.
To be fair, you must consider the possibility of his mechanic not being shown yet.
Remember when we all though Wii FIt Trainer wasn't really unique?
The Direct, months after E3, finally showed her gimmick.
They might show Greninja's in a pic of the day or at E3.

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Greninja Satisfaction: 5%

He ruined the direct for me. After that huge hype build up, he was one of the worst things that could have happened. I don't feel like he is even a pokemon all-star let alone a nintendo all-star. I think that Pikachu, Meowth, Charizard, Mew, Mewtwo, Pichu, Scizor, Blaziken, Grovyle, Piplup, Lucario, Zoroark, Genesect, and Victini are all more of pokemon all-stars than him. Jigglypuff gets by this because she has been in all other smash games. He also lowered Mewtwo's chances greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom