• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Wolf's chances: 85% - Not as likely as Falco, but I think Star Fox will probably stay the way it was in Brawl.
Want: 60% - I'd prefer no cuts, but I wouldn't miss Wolf as much as most of the other vets tbh.

Lucario's chances: 85% - At this point I think that the most likely scenario for Pokemon is the Brawl cast plus Mewtwo.
Want: 100% - He was my main in Brawl at one point and is one of my favorite Pokemon. I hope he returns.

Tom Nook prediction: 5.54%

Andy x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Wolf
Chance: 86%

Toon Link is back. If Toon Link can make it back(who I DO like btw, it's just surprising), I believe anyone can. All bets are off.
Wolf's pretty important to his franchise too, he's Fox's rival and just like a certain big ol' purple dragon appeared alongside his rival in the Melee trailer. Only difference was, of the three rivals(Ridley, Goroh, Wolf) only he made it in as a playable. A lot of people think his butt's on the line, but Wolf's well on the way to becoming something far more unique than his vulpine rival. If they just changed his Final Smash and tweaked a few things, he'd feel even fresher.

Want: 90%
The highest want rating probably I'll ever give any Star Fox character. Wolf feels like he should have been in the series before Falco popped up, and his fighting style seems far more aggressive and hi risk. Add to that "Can't let you do that Starfox" being the only line I really remember from Lylat Wars aside from "DO A BARREL ROLL" and Wolf is one of the few things I like about the franchise.

Lucario
chance: 87%
Lucario is a Pokemon vet many thought would disappear due to Mewtwo's 'lock' status as a returning vet(people may be a little too overconfident about him at this point; seems odd to call any returning newcomer a lock), but he's not exactly forgotten about. He's still the most popular 4th Gen Pokemon, still appearing in promotional material, and recently of course got his big ol Mega form which surprised us all. Lucario's chances aren't perfect, but they're also more likely than we all gave him credit for. Again, Toon Link returned. Lucario was often placed on the chopping board with him as a suggested cut on these boards...now we're all questioning it now Tink is back.

Want: 50%
I'll level with you here. Of the Pokemon thus far in Smash, Lucario is actually one of my favourites to play with in Pokemon. Smash however is a different story. I do feel there are more deserving, more famous and more all star Pokemon that I'd put above Lucario(or Puff) like Meowth, but I certainly wouldn't be disappointed should he return. With 700+ of the buggers at this point, it's hard to say what puts Lucario above say...Blaziken, Meowth, Zoroark or Eevee, but he's obviously still much loved by the Smash community in a way Pichu could only dream it had managed.

Tom Nook prediction: 11%
A lot of people will believe anything Nook could do, Villager will already be able to do. Others may suggest his moveset could be vastly different by utilizing bells, junk, houses and whatever other things Villager won't be utilizing.

How many times has Epharim been held back from her day now? Three? That's got to be some kind of record. Let's let her have her moment now.

Nominations:
Syrup X 5

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
You can take a week off of this if you want Groose!

Pokemon X and Y here I come!

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Wolf: 85% I do not think he will be cut but you never know.
Want: 85% As long as he is not replaced by Crystal.

Lucario: 40%, I rated him so low because I know someone is going to be cut and I think Lucario would be the first to go by tradition.
Want: 30% I am not a supporter.

Tom Nook: 7%

HOLY S*** I WON FOR THE FIRST TIME :D :D :D!!!

x6 Chancellor Cole
x4 Toad

Killing two birds with ten stones :p I get caught up with Chancellor Cole and I get to rate toad :D

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wolf and Lucario time! Huzzah!

Wolf:
Chance AND Want: 100%
My reasoning? He's first party, and Toon Link came back. No way they'd cut Wolf now.

Lucario:
Chance AND Want: 100%
Second-party, a veteran, Toon Link came back, and all of that X and Y info...;)

Predicting a 6.9% for Nooky

Nominating Sheik x5

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Two veteran wolves are ready to be rated, huh?

The Big Badass Wolf
Likelihood: 85% - Toon Link's reveal probably raised his chances considerably, though he's not really a shoo-in.
Want: 98% - Not as wanted as Falco, but I really wouldn't like to see any cuts (bar Snake).

Lucrankyo (seriously, he sounds like he haven't used a bathroom in weeks)
Likelihood: 87% - X&Y really boosts his chances of returning, though he has Mewtwo as an obstacle to be reckoned with. (Not that I'm saying that they can't coexist in the same game)
Want: 90% - I like Lucario as a Pokemon, though I'm not very fond of his playstyle. I'm concerned about those that do like Lucario, though, so I'd prefer it if he stayed.

Mr Moneybag's Raccoon
Prediction: 18% - I doubt many people, myself included, thinks we'll get two AC reps.

Nominations
Sukapon x5

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Wolf: 89% He hasn't lost any importance and Krystal hasn't gained any.
Want: 100% No cuts for my fav spacie.

Lucario: 85% He lost some relevance but he gained some back with the whole Mega Evo thing and will now be in the anime as well.
Want: 100% No cuts

Tom Nook:
10.1%

5x Toad

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Wolf
Chance %72
I think it's pretty likely he'll return, although I don't think Toon Link's reveal really did as much to help his his chances as other people say. However, I can still see him getting cut, not because Sakurai doesn't want to include him, but because of time constraints. He's still not that important of a character, and his clone status make's me think that he could get cut due to being out-prioritized by other veterans/newcomers.
Want 85%
I believe no cuts is a good thing, but I wouldn't be too upset if he's cut.
Lucario
Chance 70%
His new-found relevancy definitely boosted his chances, not to mention that he's already a popular character with a unique moveset. But if they do want to restrict the pokemon series to only 4 characters, I think he'd be the most likely to go.
Want 99%
I like him.:upsidedown:
Tom Nook 6.5%
Nomination
Two retro reps x5

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
my hundredth post my first milestone is completed
Wolf - 95%
wolf main low point is that he is probably low priority, but seeing that veterans are coming first to newcomers, and even low priority veterans being revealed (put image of Toon link here) makes me believe that he isn't going anywhere

Want - 100%

"Can't let you do that, Star Fox!"
"Playtime is over"
"What? Is that all you got?"
was one of my most wanted characters pre-brawl, and still is one of my most favorite characters.

Lucario - 65%
around E3 I would have given him a 40%, but over time he has gotten a mega form, and sakurai has shown an higher reliance on veterans, both which has improved lucario chances greatly, but there is the same chance he could get cut.

Want - 80%
I want all the veterans to return, and lucario was a fun character to play as.

Tom nook - 12.71%
has a small chance, most will put him low

Nomination Decloned GanondorfX5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Wolf
Chance - 92% - With Toon Link's reveal, I'm starting to wonder if we will have any sort of cut at all, with only Snake really being worrysome. Sadly, he is closer to being cut than Falco, due to not havinig veterain status.

Want - 100% - No cuts, please.

Lucario - 97% - Megaevolutions gave Lucario the boost he needed to make him near certain. If the Pokemon Company has no problems with it, he's a shoo-in.

Want - 99.5% - Just rework the moveset a bit to not make it so aura-dependent.

Tom Nook Prediction - 2.5% - Yeah, most think we'll only get one Animal Crossing charater.

Nominations
Hades X2
Dark Matter X2
Dark Samus X1

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Wolf
Chances-95% While his series has fallen, he still has his importance and popularity.
Want-90%

Lucario
Chances-95% I think he gets too much of the "he's doomed to be cut" mentality. He's still relevant as constantly proven by advertisements and presence in the games/anime/merchandise and his Mega Evolution boosts that even more. Popularity-wise he's still going as well. The only reason I wouldn't put him at 100% is that if Pokémon loses a member from the Brawl group, he's the most likely to go, but I don't think that's a likely scenario unless time constraints really hit Sakurai.
Want-100% I'd hate to see him leave.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I AM BACK FROM THE VERY DEPTHS OF HELL TO TAKE A **** ON ANNA

oh wait im too late ****

Well, may as well rate Wolf or whatever...

Wulf

Chances: 85%
I don't see why he'd be cut. He can hardly be called a clone.

Want: 99%
Minus one percent because Brawl Wolf didn't have "Can't let you do that, ____!" as a taunt.

Tawm Newk: 34%
He saw the letter...

Noms: The Best FE Lord Ever (Ephraim) x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Wolf
Chance: 80% - He's not the safest veteran, but he's still not in any real danger of being cut.
Want: 53% - I don't really care if he returns.

Lucario
Chance: 100% - Almost the entire list of 6th generation Pokemon has been leaked, and none of them seem like they could be potentially playable. Even Zoroark from the 5th generation has quickly fallen into obscurity.
Want: 97% - He was one of my top 7 most frequently used characters in Brawl.

Tom Nook prediction: 6%

Nominations: Wonder Red x5

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Wolf: 95%
Sakurai originally wanted him to be in Melee, so there's a good chance he actually has seniority over Falco.

Want: 95%
I like the way he plays more than how Falco does.

Lucario: 75%
He might be replaced by Mewtwo, but keep in mind that Lucario gets a Mega Evolution as well.

Want: 70%
I wouldn't mind either Mewtwo or Lucario.

Tom Nook Prediction: 1.7%

Nominate:
Klonoa x5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
wolf 85%
want 70% he's cool but wouldn't miss him.

lucario: 90%
want: 100%

the Nookster: 9% but I think he's much more.

noms:
that dog from okami who's name I can never spell for some reason x5

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Wolf
Likelihood: 66.67%

Want: 85%

Lucario
Likelihood: 50%

Want: 75%

Tom Nook
Prediction: 0.8%

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Wolf? 93%
Lucario? 70% more competition than ever, but more than just halfway significant.

predict Tom Nook 7%

Dark Samus x5

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Wolf
Likelihood: 55% Only because Sakurai is fond of the character (the same can happen with Lucas).
Want: 15% Meh... I like more the character than his moveset, is like seeing Ryu, Ken and Akuma. Very disappointed with his specials and Final Smash.

Lucario
Likelihood: 33% Only because the character is still relevant and Pokemon could ask Sakurai to add him.
Want: 10% For me is like Mewtwo 2.0 still horrible moveset and boring gameplay.

Tom Nook
Prediction: 7.7% Many people like him but he still is a little piece of ice cream, I still remember paying the debts XD.

Nomination
Donbe and Hikari x 5

.n_n.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Wolf:

Chance: 94%
The priority this game seems to be to return the brawl vets (even Toon Link), but wolf was the lowest priority of those so he does get a poor score for a vet.

Want: 100%
He was the most fun of the space animals to me...

Lucario:

Chance: 96%
Lucario is second party, the choice as to whether he'll be in 4 isn't up to Sakurai, however given how much emphasis they the pokémon company put on Lucario, giving him a mega-evolution, and some minor importance in X and Y that I'm not aloud to spoil you with, I think they've purposefully made him, mewtwo and pokémon trainer all more relevant purposefully for smash bros... I don't see him getting cut, but the 2nd party does again make him harder to give lock status.

I don't want to lose him from the roster. Aura was interesting.

Tom Nook: 11%
I severely doubt Animal Crossing deserves more than one rep, and if there is it will likely be Villager Girl... nor do I think there's much move-set potential so I don't expect a high score...

Noms:
Unique Space Animals Final Smashes
Knuckles*4
(Won't be frightened he'll stand up to all the pain and turmoil)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Cutting Wolf? Can't let you do that, Sakurai! ~ :wolf:
Likelihood: 80%
He's very likely to stay. With Toon Link returning, I'm really confident in a no cuts scenario. But time constraints can take place... :urg:

Watch the Power of Aura! ~ :lucario:
Likelihood: 99%
I can't fathom they'd cut him in the face of all the promotion he has been getting in Pokémon X/Y.

100% want for both.
No Cuts, simple as that.

Tom Nook the Tanooki: 15%

Fawful x 5

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Wolf

Chance: 85 %
He has the benefit of being a veteran and Sakurai prefers not to cut vets. TL's return also shows that semi-clones as well as low-priority-Brawl vets can and will return.

Want: 70 %
I'd like him to return but wouldn't be heartbroken if he didn't. I really didn't expect him to be in Brawl and I am not really invested in the Starfox-universe.

Lucario

Chance: 97 %
He is actually more important in the 6. Generation than in Gen IV. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the one who is revealed early this time around.

Tom Nook Prediction: 5 %

Nominations:
5x C. Syrup

Louie G.

Smash Hero
WOLF

Chance: 80%
I would have said less, but Toon Link and such.

I am very indifferent towards Wolf, kind of boring to me really.

LUCARIO

Chance: 85%
A front runner to get cut, but Lucario is pretty iconic now, and Mewtwo vs Lucario would rake in millions, Nintendo knows it. Plus, X and Y, and Mega Evolutions.

Want: 75%
I like Lucario. I really do. I'd be sorry to see him go.

Tom Nook Prediction: 4%

Noms: Ridley x5

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Wolf chances: 80%. Star Fox is going down the same road as F-Zero, which means it's all too likely that Sakurai will cut the series down to two reps, especially considering the fact that they all have similar movesets. imo he's the most likely Brawl vet to be cut. And no, Toon Link is not a valid argument

Want: 90%. I vastly prefer him to Falco, both as a character (why they added Falco to Melee is beyond me) and as a fighter in Brawl. I'd take him over Falco any day, but unfortunately that's probably not happening.

Lucario chances: 85%. His chances all depend upon whether or not Pokémon gets five reps unless Pokémon Trainer gets cut.

Want: 50%. I never got why people liked him so much really

Tom Nook prediction: 25%.

Wonder Red X5

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Wolf

Chance - 99%
He won't be cut. He seems popular among the fans. I don't see it happening.

Want - 100%
I'll never forget the massive butthurt of a certain fanbase when he was confirmed in Brawl. This made me love him even more. His design is really cool as well

Lucario

Chance - 80%
He is popular and relevant too.

Want - 0%
f**k this piece of sh**

Tom Nook - 5%

x5 Pauline

SonicMario

Smash Master
Chance
Wolf - 95%

Lucario - 90%

Ever since Toon Link's reveal. Cuts aren't guaranteed anymore

Want
Both - 100%

Don't care how unlikely it is. The less cuts the better.

Tom Nook - 10%

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I vastly prefer him to Falco, both as a character (why they added Falco to Melee is beyond me)
They were going to make a clone off of Fox, and presumably chose Falco since he had more requests and he looked more apart from Fox. Wolf would simply have looked like a gray Fox since he had to have the same posture and everything, which would have made Falco an even more obvious choice.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
lets begin
:wolf:

likely hood 80%
well ever since toon link got revealed that makes me rethink about cuts plus toon link proves semi clones are safe and plus the rumor of wolf meant for melee and need more villain reps the only road block is falco but if sakurai turns out being only like 1 or 2 cuts maybe even 0 then 99%

want 100% I loved that star fox got a villain rep and he is one of my mains
:lucario:
likely hood 90%
pokemon x and y saved him with mega forms and what also saved him pokemon revealed that mewtwo and him are rivals from the picture from earlier so mewtwo vs lucario could happen in ssb4

Want 70%
well I do want him back but still a bad memory of lucario being the one that replaced mewtwo in brawl

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Happy Pokemon X and Y to all!!!!!!
:wolf:
Chance: 92.5%
I doubt he will be cut, there is no reason to cut him unless Sakurai wants to replace him with Krystal.

Want: 85%
I would personally want to see what cool moves Krystal would have but I don't like cuts either.

:lucario:
Chance: 95%
Pokemon X and Y make him relevant again, and Sakurai doesn't want any cuts.

Want: 80%
Personally I would like to see a newcomer, but that most likely will not happen so I will live with Lucario because (again) I hate cuts.

Prediction for Tom Nook: 11.47%

Nominations
Master Hand x5

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
A͔̗̮̤R̝͓̲͎̤E Ỵ̘̗͔̳̠O̥̜̥̗͔Ụ ̘͚̲̼P̟̘̥̥͖͇͉E͈̻̪O̦̖P̖͓͚L͖̻E̟̖̮ ͓S͍̜T̩̻̞I͓ͅLL Ț͓̟̺̹H͙͕̪̰IN̼̗͎̰̳̗̬K̝̫̬̘I̻̻̦͕̩ͅN̞̖͍̣̹̱̦G͇̖ ̝̱L̹͕̘̰̪͉U͉͕͚̬C͍̙̘͖̺̙ͅA̭̱̲̬̼R͔͍̙̲I̖O͓̗̗̱̤͓̙ ̥Ṟ̩͖̺E̻̳͚̘ͅP̪͕̙L͉͓̜̯̤ͅA̝̫̝C̣̤̠̥Ḙ̫D ̼M̝E͔̦̘̙W̦̖̼TͅW̝̦O͔̼̪͙̯̭ ͉̤̣W̱̟̮̤͓H͍̤̺̻̠̺AT͎͎̯ͅ ͇͕͚̲̣̙T̹̫̘̗Ḫ̖̬͎E̘̲̠̫ ͉͓͎͕HE̘̣͕͉̲̠̫L̬Lͅ

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Wolf
Chance - 97%
Far more unique than Falco, far more relevant to the series, fun to play as, fits the game like a glove, gets a hat in miiverse just like falco, unique personality in terms of Smash bros. characters .... I don't see him anywhere. While Star Fox may not be as acknowledged by Nintendo as before, it's probably not going to lose characters. And even if many expect Krystal to lead to one current character leaving, I personally don't see why Krystal would make it in the game at the expense of Wolf who's 100x more interesting and important to the series.

Want - 100%
And of course, I admit in this one I'm tremendously biased. I love Wolf, and while I can NEVER play as Fox and Falco because their aerial game just outright pisses me off due to how much I suck at it, Wolf never had that. Wolf plays so differently, in a much more risk and reward style than the othet two's barrage of grabs and combos.
It was a fantastic addition to Brawl and instantly became my main main. I don't want the same thing to happen as with Mewtwo where he goes missing from the next installment.

Lucario
Chance - 97%
Same as Wolf. Relevant to the series, far more so than many alternatives people suggest (because let's face it, Mewtwo is NOT an alternative to Lucario ... I see them both making it.) Even if there was doubt that he was still relevant, and I admit I had some of that doubt, X and Y news have made it clear this pokemon is still a top tier for GF in terms popularity and meaning to the series.
He's not going anywhere.

Want - 100%
Give me Lucario, Mewtwo and Pokemon Trainer, and that's all I need for Pokemon representation in this game. Jigglypuff is a nice extra. Don't really mind/care about Pikachu.

Prediction
Tom Nook - 13.35%
I imagine a lot of people figuring Villager is enough representation for Animal Crossing, but aside from that he should be one of those "I guess it could happen?" choices

Nominations
x5 Rhythm Monkey

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Wolf
Chance: 90%

Lucario
Chance: 90%

I dont want cuts, plain and simple. That being said, these guys are high on the chopping block with some other characters.

Tom Nook:
10.1%

Nominations:
Goemon x5

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Wolf - 90%
Really, his only threat is if Sakurai runs out of time/resources and decides one of the three space animals is the easiest cut. In that case, maybe Wolf is in trouble. Beyond that, though, knowing his importance to the franchise and all the fans who asked for him to be in Smash in the first place? His spot should be secure. It's no accident he was included in Brawl, and chances are strong he'll be back for another go.
Want - 50% - Don't like the Star Fox characters personally, but he's my favorite of the lot.

Lucario - 90%
Similar to Wolf, the only serious threat to Lucario is if they need to make cuts and decide to add Mewtwo over Lucario as relatively similar characters. Still, after seeing Lucario being promoted for his mega evolution and how he's promoted within the X/Y games themselves, not to mention his enduring popularity among Pokemon fans, and really his spot in Smash should be secure.
Want - 90% - Big fan of Lucario here, and I'd be very happy to see him make a return, even if I'm not the best at actually playing him.

Tom Nook Prediction - 13%
I don't see it, but I guess others do?

Nominations
Tetra/Toon Zelda x5

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Wolf
Chance: 75%
There's only really one rep that can replace him, but he could be cut without a replacement (ala Dr. Mario). If he's cut, I see it as more likely that we will get no new Star Fox reps. Krystal will only make it as a fourth rep.
I like Wolf and all but I like Krystal much more. Probably my least favorite of the Star Fox bunch.

Lucario
Chance: 60%
It's just a numbers game with Lucario. If Pokemon gets five reps, he will probably get in. We will get Pikachu and some form of Pokemon Trainer. I think Jigglypuff will also make it. And Mewtwo will probably return. That's Pokemon's four slots. It's not unprecedented for Pokemon to get 5. But I think Jiggs get in before Lucario
Want: 60%
If he's in, then I can stop ranting about Pokemon being all gen 1, which is a plus. On the other hand, his design just always reminds me of the weird typing of Pokemon since Gen 4. When I first saw him, I remember seeing, oh cool, a new Psychic type. I first saw him in Brawl after all, since I had taken a hiatus from Pokemon since gen 2 at the time. But he's a steel and fighting type? What a miscast. He's steel since he has two metal spikes on his arms? How come blastoise isn't metal with his clearly metal cannons? It is not my favorite part of Pokemon.

Tom Nook: Can Tom Nook defeat his eternal rival Anna? My money is on yes. I hope more people subscribe to the Tom Nook sees the letter theory. Is Smash prepared for a true super capitalist!?
Prediction: 15.45%

Nominations:
I regret not giving Ephraim my 10 previously.
Ephraim x 5

I got my Ephraim music selections prepared and everything.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Wolf

Chance: 89% - A favorite among the Smash community. I'm sure Sakurai knows that he is wanted.

Want: 95% - I don't like cuts.

Lucario

Chance: 97% - A beloved veteran who returns with a prominent role in Gen 6!

Want: 97% - My favorite Brawl newcomer.

Tom Nook Prediction: 7.5% - Now that we have The Villager, he's not seen as likely or necessary. I could be mistaken, though.

Nominations:
Victini x5

A͔̗̮̤R̝͓̲͎̤E Ỵ̘̗͔̳̠O̥̜̥̗͔Ụ ̘͚̲̼P̟̘̥̥͖͇͉E͈̻̪O̦̖P̖͓͚L͖̻E̟̖̮ ͓S͍̜T̩̻̞I͓ͅLL Ț͓̟̺̹H͙͕̪̰IN̼̗͎̰̳̗̬K̝̫̬̘I̻̻̦͕̩ͅN̞̖͍̣̹̱̦G͇̖ ̝̱L̹͕̘̰̪͉U͉͕͚̬C͍̙̘͖̺̙ͅA̭̱̲̬̼R͔͍̙̲I̖O͓̗̗̱̤͓̙ ̥Ṟ̩͖̺E̻̳͚̘ͅP̪͕̙L͉͓̜̯̤ͅA̝̫̝C̣̤̠̥Ḙ̫D ̼M̝E͔̦̘̙W̦̖̼TͅW̝̦O͔̼̪͙̯̭ ͉̤̣W̱̟̮̤͓H͍̤̺̻̠̺AT͎͎̯ͅ ͇͕͚̲̣̙T̹̫̘̗Ḫ̖̬͎E̘̲̠̫ ͉͓͎͕HE̘̣͕͉̲̠̫L̬Lͅ
My eyes...my eyes.......aarrgghhhh!!!!!!

ShinRPGamer

Smash Rookie
Wolf 77%: see my last post for why

Want: 84%: Of the Star Fox characters he's my favourite to play.

Lucario 65%: Not too sure about him. I'd say he'd be cut for before Mewtwo merely because Mewtwo has more going for him but at the same time he does have enough popularity to return.

Want 50%: honestly indifferent to Pokemon characters and he's no exception.

Tom Nook 5%: Yeah no, I think the Villager will suffice

Groose

Smash Champion
Some of you look at Toon Link's reveal and say, "Well, that's great news for the other Brawl veterans. Sakurai is obviously committed to returning them all. I mean, if Toon Link got in, the others are sure to follow."

That's the Deutsch equivalent for "Hold it." I'm feeling German today.

Toon Link's reveal is DETRIMENTAL to the chances of the other characters. Since he was prioritized so highly... that makes it more likely that the other characters (Wolf, Lucario) will have a lower priority. I'm of the mindset that there will be anywhere from two to five cuts based purely on time constraints. (Win-Win thinking really... if it happens, I'll accept it, but if we have no cuts it will also be fine).

Basically, Lucario and Wolf seem to be more likely to be behind the other characters now than they seemed to be before.

I'll give them both a 70% chance. I see one of the two as the prime candidate to leave...

Now, as for want... I've always loved Star Fox and Wolf. Lucario is and will always be ranked somewhere in my top ten favorite Pokemon. It was great seeing them in Brawl... but that's Brawl. Both of these characters are expendable to me. If you could cut both of them and bring in a fresh, unique, or popular newcomer... sign me up. I'm not one for no cuts... I'm perfectly fine with fighters rotating in and out between installments. These two had their moments... but I'd be fine if they signed out. I'll give them a 50% want... I'd definitely like it if they were in, but it may be better if they take some time off.

Tom Nook prediction: 8.75%
People expect the Villager to be the only Animal Crossing character.

Nominations
Concept: Skyward Sword Zelda x5
This is an interesting concept in my opinion... will our Zelda be redesigned to look like that of Skyward Sword?

Oh, and either I'm not a part of the gaming community, or Tom Nook is not that recognizable in it. I could have told you he was probably from Animal Crossing before coming on this forum, but it would probably have taken me a few seconds to remember the name of that game. He's more recognizable in the Nintendo fan(boy) community.
As I said... he's pretty, but not overly, recognizable. Most people I talk to go, "Oh, I know that guy. He's from that Animal Crossing game, isn't he? What's his name again?" Contrast that with Anna... people go, "Who is she?" And then you have the other salesman Tingle... if I show a picture of him to someone, they'll probably recognize him... and if they don't, you still get a strong reaction.

I got my Ephraim music selections prepared and everything.
Heh. Ephraim is a character whose music section I can actually handle, as I've played his game. There's one or two tracks I'm definitely going to slip in there for him. But I certainly appreciate the help.

DAY OVER
RETURN OF GROOSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom