• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
P.S. I think Groose chose those songs because of the possible upcoming HD remake of Majora's mask :)
I don't put any stock into those rumors.

...I seem to be encountering some deja vu here, though. Wait a second, it's coming to me...

I've been skeptical about Hoenn remakes for five years, and I'm even more skeptical they'll impact Smash.
...the next day...
Ah, that's right. I really shouldn't open my mouth.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Alright guys, another confession.

The one and only thing that I want from this E3 is Mewtwo.
That's all Nintendo needs to do to make me happy. Reveal Mewtwo.

Of course there are other characters that would make me happy, but if I get Mewtwo it won't even matter who else they reveal tomorrow. And if I don't...
Well I'll have to listen to Mewtwo haters for another few months. :T

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Predictions: I don't really know if I can really predict what's going to happen.
Could be like last year where the only real surprise was DKCTF, but really who knows?
I'm not making any bets.

Confessions: Gematsu leak sucks putrid egg.
Worst thing bar none to happen to speculation.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Character predictions:
Snake and Pac-Man

I feel that these characters will follow in Mega Man's footsteps and be revealed now as E3 will be the best chance to showcase both of these characters. It drums up the most interest using them at this event for Smash as E3 is a big event, their respective companies would enjoy the publicity that it would bring, and there's no other foreseeable event that these two could be revealed at before the 3DS' release. So all in all, if they're in the game, I think this is where they'll make their big splash.

Other predictions:
Ridley's fate as whether he's a stage hazard or not, we're probably going to know with the demo coming out, Q&A and the trailer(s), and the release date for 3DS as this is a good time to reveal it.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Predictions:
-3DS release date
-3DS version will have an incomplete roster at launch.

Confessions: I regret nothing.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Predictions:
A release date for both versions.
More information on customizable moves.
Pacman will be confirmed.

Confessions:
I actually liked the Hanenbow stage.
I don't have a problem with clones.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Objective Predictions (I am absolutely certain about these characters): Robin, Ridley
Subjective Predictions: Shulk, Legend of Zelda representative (Ganon or Ghirahim), and Palutena

Veteran Predictions: Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Snake
Veteran Possibilities: Wario, Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff

Unlikely Prediction: Banjo and Kazooie, I am delusional, but that has never stopped me before.

I am not sure what to speculate in regards to Mewtwo; I understand that he is in the game, but will he be at e3?

Confessions: I actually hate Ridley detractors; I even believe them to be utterly incompetent. Apologies.

Last edited:

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
If I had to pick one character that will be confirmed tomorrow, I'd go with Pac-Man. I think it's likely only one newcomer will be confirmed tomorrow, so they might as well go big.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Newcomers:
Shulk (Xenoblade)
The Tactician (Fire Emblem)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)

Veterans:
Mewtwo, Entire veteran roster confirmed basically
no pokemon trainer, jigglypuff, lucas, or any other melee veterans

Modes:
Wii U Adventure Mode, exactly like Melee's version but more awesome. There will be a levels in this adventure mode that put a special spot light on franchises without characters.

Other:
DLC confirmed, but mainly stages and no character DLC. Sakurai will say because DLC characters will require more work to fix all the other characters to match or something, which the smash community will say is bunk. Also, patches for the game will be released and Nintendo will have type of streaming service on the website and the Wii U to watch other fighters even when you arent playing smash.

3DS version will come out in august release date.
Wii U version will get a December 2014 release date.

Confessions:
These are my confessions, just when I thought I said all I could say:
Not really into the chances many of the big most wanted/most popular characters, especially Ridley and King K. Rool. I think Dixie has a better shot than K. Rool.
I think there is too much focus on characters and not enough on the gameplay changes. Characters (after you get around the big franchise players) are just bonuses when really what makes or breaks the game is the core engine.
I think character "popularity" has very little to do with any of the characters included in SSB4. There is no way for Sakurai to measure it, so I doubt he factors it in.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
How many characters do we think will be revealed? How many veterans? How many newcomers?

I think we should get at least as many as the Smash Direct. I mean, this is a big effin' deal. Should be more than that.

I'm hoping it's something like four veterans and three newcomers.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Predictions:
- 2 Newcomers, at least. Will be popular characters for maximum hype (Predicting Pacman and Ridley, Shulk if there is a third)
- 1 will definitely be 3rd party, regardless of whether its Pacman
- At least 3 veterans, again, to be hype builders (Guessing Ness, Mewtwo, and Captain Falcon)
- One of the above characters will be shown after the invitational (Either Mewtwo or Ridley)
- 3DS release date
- How the versions connect with each other
- The internet will explode

Confessions:
- I find people who believe we won't get 6 Pokemon to not only be hilarious, but extremely naive. Doubly so if they claim Pokemon only had 4 characters in Brawl.
- Same goes for toobigots.
- I don't think anybody other then Ivysaur, Squirtle, and maybe Snake will be cut.
- I would kill somebody to get Rayman into the game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Predictions:

-More release date information

Newcomer reveals:

- Pac-man, Palutena, King K. Rool

Veterans:

- Wario, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Snake

Other:

- Information regarding DLC

Confessions:

Hmm...

Well, I've said it before, but I strongly believe Ridley is far more likely a boss and than he is playable. I'll be stunned if he isn't, to be honest. While I do think he has a chance (and am quite glad that he does) I believe some people are getting way too optimistic for his chances.

While I believe K. Rool's chances of being even considered as a stage boss is next to nothing, at the same time, I fear there is a slight chance he may very well be one, and will showcased as one tomorrow in a possible boss montage. We got montages for Assist Trophies and many other things in the Smash Direct, and since the only truly confirmed boss is the Yellow Devil, it's easily possible that we could get a boss montage here. They would have to go more into detail on the bosses though, I think, and there can't possibly be THAT many bosses on normal stages, so that might be enough to prevent a boss montage from happening.

Of course I'm worried for Ridley too, but I've braced myself more in regards to him. I've lost a lot of hope in Ridley already so I probably won't be as disappointed if he gets confirmed to be a boss.

I personally do not want Mewtwo as much as I used to. Mostly because of how freaking awesome Greninja is, I'm more than satisfied with him being playable (especially since I didn't think it had a chance in all of heck) but that's just my personal bias. I still really want Mewtwo to make it in, particularly because, at this point, it deserves it, there is no reason that Mewtwo should not return.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Predictions:
- Pac-Man and Snake will be two characters, and the final third parties, shown.
- Miis may get shown, but I can see them being saved for immediately before release.
- One of Palutena/Shulk/Chrom will be shown. I'm pretty dang sure.
- K. Rool and Chorus Men have an outside shot, but they're worth mentioning.

- Veteran-wise, I'm thinking Wario, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, and one of Ness or Lucas, depending on who is unlockable/a starter this time.

- Ridley's fate will be definitively cemented even more.

- At least two MAJOR deconfirmations happen.

Confessions:

- People who call people who like the Chorus Men "posers" or "sycophants" and the like are just mad at the Gematsu Leak.
- I love the Gematsu leak and unbiasedly think it's real, since you can't predict the Wii Fit Trainer that well.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Crazy first day of E3! I had a lot of reservations going into day zero but the pressers, especially Microsoft's, really surprised me with how many awesome games they had to show off. Got incredibly hype for the Phantom Dust revival in particular, the game was well ahead of its time on the original Xbox and has the potential to get the audience it deserves in this online-focused generation. So, onto Smash:

Predictions

Pac-Man Revealed - Number one Smash reveal I expect to happen. If he's in, the place to say so is E3, and it sure feels like he'll be in.

Ridley Revealed as Playable - Number two Smash reveal I expect to happen. It's been a long, long season of teasing him: here's hoping it's a deliberate hype campaign for playable Ridley and not just an underwhelming repeat boss appearance.

No Sign of Any Other Top 10 RTC Characters - Honestly, none of the other eight feel quite right for E3. In fact, they all seem like quality secret characters to varying degrees, and as I recall we're all expecting at least some secret newcomers.

Something Unexpected Revealed as Playable - Remember how we got two characters in the E3 Direct last year and then got Wii Fit Trainer out of nowhere as a third later on in the show? Yeah, I think we get something similarly surprising this time around, though obviously I couldn't possibly say what. Sakurai's been nothing if not surprising this reveal season, so I feel the safe bet is that he keeps his streak going just a bit longer.

NFC for Smash Revealed - If NFC's going to be shown for anything, Smash seems like the most obvious target by far. Expect it to be an important part of the discussion, assuming NFC actually makes a showing.

SSB4 3DS Announced for August - Considering the summer time frame, it just seems like the most sensible time to launch. Would be very (pleasantly) surprised if it came earlier.

One Way or Another, We Get An Answer on the Gematsu Leak - Maybe all our newcomer reveals fit the plan, or maybe it misses something it shouldn't have. E3's the proving ground for this infamous leak, and I'd be surprised if the event ended and it remained unclear if it's real or a fake.

And, since you asked for them, a confession:

I'd Be Okay if Isaac Was Deconfirmed at E3 - I wear my heart on my sleeve for Isaac. He's my most wanted newcomer, I think it'd be a shame if he missed Smash again, and a lot of my enthusiasm for Smash speculation is driven by him. That said, at this point, I just want an answer, even if that answer is that he's not playable. I'd much rather get through any salt now so I can properly enjoy the game later than be left in suspense until launch and end up disappointed. Please, don't leave me hanging Sakurai!

Guess that's it! See you all tomorrow after the big event; I've little doubt Nintendo's going to put on quite a show.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'm just gonna screw predictions and just type whatever is on my mind about Smash Bros. Call this like Peachy rants or something. It'll have predictions and stuff in it, but now seems like a really good time for a nice, meaty chili reflective rant so here goes.

This game is a weird one for me. I'm 20 and midway through my university career. By the time the next Smash Bros. comes out in ~6 years, I'll be (hopefully) a working professional and I won't have time for a lot of video games anymore. Since I've been playing this series steady for the past 10 years, coming to this realization was like hitting a brick wall. This is sorta like a swan song for my Smash Bros. career in a way because I doubt I'll be able to actually take the next game as seriously as I want. So I really want these two games to be the best that Sakurai can make them because I won't likely get another chance to look at Sakurai's best.

Smash is really all I'm interested in for E3 unless some cool game gets my attention or MK8 gets DLC. I think we'll see Pac-Man because E3 is the perfect time to release info on third party characters. I'd really like confirmation of Chorus Men because then we can put the Gematsu debates to rest. Ridley will also be a character who's fate will be determined at E3, specifically though at the Smash Demo. If Pyrosphere is playable and we see Ridley as a hazard, the game's done for his fans. But if we can't play as Pyrosphere at Smashfest, then something is up. Keep in mind though that we may not get everything we all want at E3 because we can still likely end up getting a Smash direct in July or August before the games release.

I'm going to confess that after seeing Tomodachi Life, I'm actually in favor of the Miis. They're totally wacky and would be a good addition to the roster. Especially with the robotic monotones they get in the game. It'd really help set them apart as some sort of really strange character. Stages for them really don't matter like a lot of people think due to stage icons. It actually makes a lot of sense that the Apartment and Find Mii wouldn't have the same stage icon as they aren't part of the same series. We group them together for our own convenience.

Pac-Man is another character that I've really come around with. He is indeed a legendary video game character and while I think that his chances wouldn't be nearly as good as they are due to Bamco developing the game, I really think that such an iconic character should get in this game simply by virtue of his sheer iconicness alone. More people know who Pac-Man is than pretty much any gaming character around from Pikachu to Donkey Kong to Sonic. This character is an icon and founding member of the video game industry and can certainly get in on his own merits.

Last thing I'll confess is that I'm glad we don't have really any say in who gets into the game. Even though Sakurai can make some questionable decisions in a game, I feel much more comfortable with him developing the game without our aid than with it. We'd never get this game done if we were all trying to work with it, so I'm totally okay with giving up control over actually getting a half decent product and I think you should be too. Plus Sakurai's creativity really shows with his game. Like I never would've envisioned Rosalina in Smash Bros. at all, let alone with a puppetmaster playstyle, and don't get me started on Olimar or Wii Fit Trainer as we never would've figured out how to make those characters work like Sakurai would've. The man really knows what he's doing, even though some times he can be a little... peculiar with some aspects. Heck, the man says that roster decisions put him on "the brink of death" because he tries to make everyone happy and how he can make it work.

GloriousV

Smash Cadet
Predictions

- Mii reveal
- Custom movesets explanation.
- New stages + Old stages.
- New and improved Stage Creation for both Wii U and 3DS.
- More stage boss reveals, including Ridley at the end.
- Single Player content, like Missions or Adventure mode.
- Captain Falcon reveal. Hopefully Ganondorf reveal with changed moveset.
- Smash Bros for 3DS+3DS bundle. The 3DS will be red with a Smash Bros themed design.
- 3DS version release date.
- Shulk reveal and after that a Mewtwo reveal in the same trailer.
- Meta-Knight reveal at the invitational.
- Im going to be wrong about most of this.

Last edited:

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Predictions:
- We will see a non-Gematsu newcomer character revealed.
- The following veterans will appear: Ice Climbers, Wario, Meta Knight, one of the Mother kids, and MAYBE C. Falcon.
- Ridley will be officially disconfirmed.
- Pac-Man will be revealed.
- We'll get our first look at the connectivity between the two versions.
- An official release date for the 3DS version will be announced.

Confessions:
- I'd be perfectly fine if Palutena was disconfirmed JUST for the sheer hysteria it would cause. Roster predictions out the window. Start over!
- I don't think Chrom will be boring outside of aesthetic.
- I'd forgo getting any Fire Emblem newcomers for a named Wars newcomer.
- I think boss hazard is a perfectly reasonable representation of Ridley. Playable WOULD be cool, but I don't consider it some kind of disservice if it doesn't happen.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Predictions:

Veteran reveals:
  • Wario
  • Metaknight
  • MAYBE Ice Climbers proving that they solved the issue.
  • I'm guessing either Falcon or Ness will be shown too. But not both.
Newcomer reveals:
  • Pac-Man
  • Chrom
  • A third character that is 'unexpected'.
  • Palutena possibly. Arguably will be kept as a secret unlockable.
Misc stuff:
  • Ridley's fate revealed.
  • Some more updated Final Smashes are revealed
  • Wii U gamepad will have a special mode dedicated to using it with four other players...boss mode?
  • NFC figures confirmed to do something with Smash. Presumably they'll be very vague about it. The fanbase will be split.
  • A load of Assist Trophies that will deconfirm some of the more popular choices. I'm guessing Dixie Kong, Robin, Takamaru and Isaac.
Confessions:
  • I'm incredibly vague when it comes to predictions. See above.
  • I'm older than many here, and this is probably the last Smash I'll play before I start having kids. As it is I have less free time than I used to back when Brawl was released, so I have to pick which games I invest in my spare time far more carefully. No time for RPGs for example, but games I can pick up and play for an hour like Mario Kart 8 and Smash are ideal.

Probably a reason why I get annoyed by what I deem as bad roster choices so easily is because this is most likely the last Smash I'll be able to invest any time in before I become a father and the only time I'll get to play will be when the kids hit Smash age. I sort of want both games to have rosters I can feel happy with for what is possibly my last set of games.
  • I used to be a fan of many more characters including many of the top choices in RTC, but some of the Smashboards fanbases have managed to kill my want of these characters by being obnoxious or overly confident and tempting fate to the point where I'd rather we didn't get the character just to irk them. Yes, I realise the irony.
  • I used Smash Bros. speculation as a distraction from thinking about my wedding too much. Now it's over, I just want the roster to be revealed.

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
Predictions:
-Palutena
-Ness
-Chrom
-Meta Knight
-Pac Man
-Exact Release dates
-Captain Falcon

Confession:
-I hate Pacman.
-I want to believe Chrom will be unique but I just can't, as much as I want him in.

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman

E3 is here! I don't want to get too hyped but I don't know how long I can stand the excitement (don't jump on the hype train yet, don't jump on the hype train yet, don't jump on the hype train yet).

Predictions:

At least 3 newcomers revealed. One will be revealed at the invitational. Some veterans will be revealed as well. The fate of Ridley confirmed. Because of the invitational, a lot more items and AT will be revealed.

Confessions:

I admit, pretty much the only reason I joined these boards was for this thread. I love you guys.... *ahem* got a little emotional there... I apologize.

Edit: I'm going to have to stay up late to watch the digital event. Ugh, why do I have to suffer for this. Ah, well. At last it's not during school.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Prediction:
- Six to nine characters will be revealed there. 3-5 veterans and 3-4 newcomers.

- Wario, Ice Climbers, and Meta-Knight will probably be there. It's been long enough, there's no reason to now show them now, especially if they receive major changes.

- Snake will be shown there. There's a good chance we'll get something MGS-related at Nintendo's press conference and Snake returning is the most likely. Plus if he's in, it will be here.

- If there is a character revealed during or after the Invitation, Mewtwo will probably be revealed.

- I am expecting Mii and Pac-Man to show up. I would imagine that Sakurai sees them as big deals for E3. Whenever or not he's right on this depends on how well both are executed. Pac-Man is a shoe-in for E3.

- One of Palutena, Shulk, or Chrom will be there as well. I'm expecting all of the newcomers to be from the Gematsu leak this game and I don't think there will be anything particularly surprising. Palutena would be the most likely choice, followed by Shulk. Chrom has a shot, but only if he can provide a really unique and interesting move set for this game. If he's just a lazy semi-clone, he'll be held off as an unlockable (because nothing kills hype faster than a Mii, Pac-Man, and semi-clone Chrom reveal and I think Sakurai would know this).

- King K. Rool and Chorus Men have an outside shot. Chorus Men because he'd be the perfect surprise reveal (and in all honestly, would prefer to other Gematsu characters). If any non-Gematsu character would get shown there, King K. Rool would have the best shot, although the main thing likely keeping him out of E3 is the strong likelihood of him being unlockable if he is playable in this game.

- Ridley will be at E3, but he will be shown as a stage boss. During Sakurai's Q & A, Sakurai will give out his (hopefully non-trollish) reason as to why he is not playable.

- Mass slaying disconfirmation. Expect Assist Trophy and/or boss disconfirmation to be at E3.

Confession:
- I strongly dislike the Gematsu leak myself, probably more than people would think. This leak does literally nothing for me. Every character on this list I had zero interest in prior to confirmation/leak or at the very least, lost interest in them (not that Villager, Little Mac, Mii, Palutena, or Shulk are bad choices, it's just that I wasn't interested/currently isn't interested in them prior to their confirmation). Plus I also have major concerns with Chrom potentially being a half-arsed semi-clone and question Chorus Men and Pac-Man's (yes I'm serious about this) merits to be playable (not that I hate the inclusion, I just don't understand why they're in). Plus, as someone who has supported or expressed interest in 20+ Nintendo newcomers, getting none of them would be very disappointing. Thankfully, I at least got my most wanted character in (Mega Man), which is enough to offset whatever disappointment I have with this game, although the Gematsu leak still does nothing for me since by the time I started to believe the leak, he had already been confirmed. Then again, I probably would have a much different attitude if Pac-Man had been confirmed at E3 instead of Mega Man.

- I am completely done with speculation after this game. I am totally burnt out on speculation and I'm only really here to find out whenever or not King K. Rool is going to be playable. Once I know his fate, I am leaving speculation behind for good. I am hoping we will find out at E3 what his role is in this game so that I can go already. Even if K. Rool is not playable this game, I will still not follow SSB6 for just one character as it's just not near worth my time (though if he appeared there as playable, I'd buy the game just for him).

I'm also finish with the modern game industry; having despised the various malicious trends that have gone on with video game in this generation and the last. After SSB 3DS & Wii U, I will be going retro, which will have enough of a library to keep my gaming wants satisfied permanently.

- I have class, so I cannot watch E3 live. I will try to find a way to see it without spoiling it for myself, though. Hopefully I wake up soon enough...

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Predictions:
I'm going to be a bit vague with them
- Some super-obvious vets (Wario, Meta Knight, etc.)
- Snake and/or Pac-Man.
- 7 ± 2 characters are revealed in total.
- Ridley's fate is shown without a shred of doubt.
Confessions:
- I think I'll actually be fine if most of my wanted characters are disconfirmed. I honestly stopped caring about the roster sometime ago.
- I strongly hate the Gematsu Leak. I'll be very happy if the leak gets shot down, in fact.
- It probably sounds cheap, but I usually warm up to a character quite quickly (even if I initially hate them) once I get to play them. Same thing happened in Brawl.
- I still believe that Squirtle and Ivysaur can return.

The last one isn't exactly a confession, as most others probably read my post on Squirtle/Ivysaur's day.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Predictions:
- 3DS release date, Wii U release month.
- Pac-Man.
- Mii.
- Snake.
- Ice Climbers.
- Isaac will be deconfirmed.
- Ridley won't be shown in any way, and Pyrosphere won't be playable.
- There'll be a stage in the demo that hasn't been officially shown yet, probably DK or Kirby related.

Confessions:
- Gematsu needs to die, the roster stinks and has heavily tained speculation too. As much as I hate it I do however believe it's true.

- I dread Palutena's inevitable reveal, her appearance in Smash has been completely butchered by Sakurai's obvious hints, the leaks, and sometimes the fanbase really gets to my head too. I guess the last part is only warranted though, now I can only imagine how it is being on the other side of the Ridley coin. Still, there's just an all-around dull vibe around Palutena at this point, I really hope she's a secret character so she won't steal the spotlight from someone more exciting as an announcement.

- I think many people are going too far with cuts, with Ike, Toon Link and Lucario present I'm only expecting Ivysaur and Squirtle to be cut, and that's only because they're not worth prioritizing without Charizard carrying them. Perhaps Snake too, but I do believe he has a better chance than most give him credit for.

- People put Sakurai on too high of a pedestal. He has made some bad decisions before, and I'm sure we're going to see something quite controversial in the game itself too. I also consider him too biased, not necessarily with character balance but mostly newcomer choices and the game's presentation (Kirby's prominence in the Rosalina trailer for one.) Also, while it looks like Nintendo is pushing for a more prominent competitive scene, it doesn't seem like Sakurai is, For Glory is fine and all but feels like a misunderstanding of the competitive scene, there are so few stages that look like they're going to be viable. His comment about fair balance not being fun is also really stupid and feels like another way to project his bias into the game.

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Predictions: for Characters, Pacman, Shulk, Isaac, Palutena and Chrom have the highest chances.
for Veterans: Ness, Wario, Jigglypuff, Snake. This sounds like the most likely; but I don't expect all of them to appear at E3.
Confessions: I'm sorry for the fans, but i think playable Ridley is simply not a thing.
Pacman annoys me, as well as Miis and Chorus Men are just kinda odd. I like the other Gematsu Characters, but I dont want the leak to happen.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Predictions:

-At least three of Wario, Captain Falcon, Ness, Meta Knight, and Ice Climbers will be confirmed, if not all five.
-Pac-Man will be confirmed.
-Ridely's fate will finally be shown.
-A few major characters will be confirmed to be assist trophies. Isaac, Chibi-Robo, Bandana Dee, and Bowser Jr. all being possibilities.

Confessions:

-I'm certain at this point that Ridley isn't playable, but I really hope I'm wrong.
-I don't care what happens to Mewtwo.
-I'm fine with some clones.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Predictions: Shulk, Layton, Palutena, Ridley, Ness, Wario, Mewtwo, Captain Falcon, Snake, and Meta Knight are playable
Cerulean Cave, London, Fourside, Warioware 2, and Mute City are stages
Chorus Men, Chrom + Lucina, Magnus, Mike Jones ATs
Sceptile, Swampert, Zoroark Pokeball Pokemon
Hades, Andross (N64 version) are bosses.

Confessions: Pacman, Mii, and Chrom are in my opinion terrible choices.
I wish that a Hyperdimension Neptunia or Danganronpa character was eligible for Smash Bros

andimidna

Smash Master
E3 Smash character reveals:
Definitely- Pac-Man, Wario, Mewtwo
Almost Definitely- Palutena, Meta Knight, Captain Falcon
Probably- K Rool (and Dixie?), Ganondorf, Ness, Chrom/Lucina/Robin/Anna, Snake, Ridley
Shulk- Shulk
50/50 or slightly less- Ice Climbers, Isaac, Falco, Jigglypuff, Lucas, Ghirahim, Takamaru
Not expecting, but it has an "OK" shot- Wolf, ROB, G&W, Mii, Chorus Men, Sceptile, Krystal, Chibi Robo, Bowser Jr, Roy, Bayonetta

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't want to expect anything, I would rather just watch the Digital Event than get my predictions wrong a second time, many people overhyped themselves at E3 2013, and I expect the same for this year's E3.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Predictions: This will be awesome
Confessions: I'm jizzin'

In all seriousness my predictions are: Overview trailer of the game during the digital event where they will sneak a veteran (Wario) and a newcomer (Palutena). After that a second trailer comes right after for a third party character (Pacman or Snake), then they'll reveal other 2 vetrans at the Q&A (Ganondorf and Falco) and 1 at the tournament (Meta knight).

Confessions: I'm really hoping for Robin but i actually doubt her chances, like they are about 45% for me.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I think we're getting Mewtwo, Pac-Man, Miis, Wario, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers and Lucas

Confession: I don't believe Ridley will be playable.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Predictions
  • Returning Vets: Meta Knight, Wario, Mewtwo, Snake, Pichu
  • Newcomers: Cranky Kong, Hades, Ridley, Gyarados, Pac-man, Raiden, Sephiroth
  • Before Ridley is announced, a massive shadow in the same vein as the one shown in the direct runs over the audience.
  • Kraid's stomach is a playable stage.
  • Donkey Kong's final smash is revealed. In it, he turns gigantic and starts hurling barrels at all of the other characters. Every time a barrel hits something it explodes and dozens of miniature Klaptraps start running out of the debris and biting everyone.
  • New Feature: Co-op racing mode- Player one is the Rider. Player 2 is the Pegasus. Riders consists of humanoid characters such as Captain Falcon, Link, Little Mac, etc. Pegasuses consist of large, airborne characters, a few of which are only playable in this special racing mode. Examples of Pegasuses include Ridley, Rayquaza, and the Helmaroc King from Windwaker. The goal of every Pegasus-Rider pair is to fly through an aerial course and cross a finish line before all other pairs do. The Pegasus is responsible for navigating through the air, while the Rider on his back has the duty of knocking off Riders from other Pegasuses through the use of both items and a unique moveset.

Confessions
  • I mouth-kissed my cousin on a dare.
  • I've watched the movie Top Gun over twenty times.
  • I once left a baby on a kitchen counter.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Predictions
- Nintendo wins E3
- Best day ever

Confessions
- The hype for this game is by far the largest I've had for a game, and this thread is a part of it. When I came to smashboards some threads made me want to not be too involved, but this one made me want to be a daily visitor and contributor. Props to all the people who work on this game!
- I saw the smash direct every night since april 8th before going to sleep. Usually always fell asleep at the online part.
- I'm more of a Fire Emblem nerd that people here might imagine. Like, I legally changed my name in order to have the same name spelling as a Fire Emblem character.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137

ETA: TBH, meally more interested in discussing and reacting with the RTC crowd than discussing with the randos over in the E3 threads.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Goddammit.

THREE SLOTS for Miis :cry:

Each one with more special moves than a normal character.

I mean, I didn't support Miis... But if Miis get THREE F'ING SLOTS... the rest of that roster better be golden.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Palutena partially makes up for that Mii business.

Sorry about the double post. Site wasn't loading properly at the time...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom