• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think there's a good chance we've seen the final roster. With that said.

Impa:
Chance: 2%
Unfortunately, there isnt an iconic Impa to base the character off of, and there's no real demand for what she could bring in terms of a moveset. Which appears to be Sakurai's main focus aside from alternate costume boost characters. The only plausible scenario I could see is that Impa is a costume of Sheik that got an upgrade. But prior to her Hyrule Warriors appearance, I don't think she was at the same level as other alt costume boosts like Dr. Mario or Lucina.

Want: 0%
She's not the memorable of Zelda character in my opinion, as her role and appearance constantly shift considerable. Her SS appearance was the best for Smash (prior to HW), but I'm not really her potential

Mach Rider:
Chance:1%
The question is will we get another Retro. Mach Rider is not at the same level as Duck Hunt, but then again neither was Ice Climbers. I think this will come to how strong Sakurai's bias was for retro. My guess is that he purely went iconic.

Want:100%
More retros mean more retro revivals!

DLC:
Chance:100%
Just look at what they are doing with Mario Kart 8. The same push will exist with Smash Bros. I'm not sure about characters, but stage and costumes are definitely happening.

Want:100%
I've given into DLC and except that this is how games will be from now on.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I'm pretty sure he means that the scores won't necessarily reflect the general opinion. :p
abstaining is the same thing as not voting, as in the user not showing up on the thread that day. We don't always have the same users on the thread and yet that doesnt make the votes on a low turnout day inaccurate.

For example, with the Lucina and Robin satisfaction ratings, we got over 100 users on the thread. So is that inaccurate because we got more than we usually do? Because not everyone that appeared that day has been posting regularly.

In order to be a part of the general opinion, you have to present your opinion.

Morbi

Scavenger
Impa Chance: 50%

I was an adamant supporter of a Legend of Zelda newcomer for the past year. At first, I thought it was about 50/50 in Ghirahim's favor. That was an incorrect assumption, at the current time, I believe it is 50/50 in Impa's favor; however, I am open to Toon Zelda based on the trophy quiz theory song alluding to both the more direct Zelda and the less direct Impa. Impa is more prevalent and she finally has a consistent design. Toon Zelda has apt precedent to support her inclusion, she also has a Triforce on the back of her hand.

Impa Want: 100%

It is about time, I am more of Sheik fan, but this is long overdue. She is the more prominent character by far, I suppose there is some ethnic and gender diversity that she offers as well. I would certainly main her.

Mach Rider Chance: 30%

One of the three retro characters that I ever wanted/knew about. The others are Duck Hunt Dog and Balloon Fighter.

Mach Rider Want: 100%

He sounds awesome and in true Mario Kart fashion... if you have cars, you have to have bikes!

DLC Chance: 100%

It does not take a master speculator to figure this one out.

DLC Want: 100%

Why would I not want additional content for the game? Because I am too cheap to pay, yet I do not want others to enjoy the extra content? Perhaps.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Impa
Chance: 14% - Only as another last minute clone.
Want: 39% - I don't see myself using her much.

Mach Rider
Chance: 6% - I'm giving that extra leak almost no credit at all.
Want: 42% - I suppose there could be some fun as playing as a character who fights almost exclusively on a motorcycle but it's not something I can't live without.

DLC
Chance: 45%
Want: 100%

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Impa
-Chance: 30% I don't see her to be that likely, even if we get more characters.
-Want: 50% I think a Zelda newcomer would be cool, but she's not my ideal pick

Mach Rider
-Chance: 5% Yep i'm not really feeling it
-Want: 60% Has his appeal, but it would depend on what he does

DLC
-Chance: I'm not sure how to rate this so:
*DLC in general: 100% Yep
*Character DLC: 50% I'm not sure

-Want: 100% "YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY THE MORE THE MERRIER" Find the computer room!

Last edited:

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
Impa
30% chance
Umm...I guess she's likely enough...
0% want
I'm disappointed about Ghirahim not getting in and the last thing I need is for a relatively boring Zelda character to get in over him. I'd rather not have any Zelda newcomers, but I guess I'd be okay with Fi, Lana or somefin.

Mach Rider
20% chance
I don't see it, but I suppose it's not impossible either.
15% want
I really don't give a crap, I wouldn't really mind I guess

DLC:
65% chance
I'd bet on it
95% want
yes pls

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
YOU HAD TO RATE PARABO & SATEBO ON THE WEEKEND.

I should do something horrible to you all, I shall find every copy of Smash and burn them all and have the games cancelled.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Impa - 15%

If Zelda gets another character it COULD be her....but I really doubt it.

Want - 50%

Have always been indifferent to her.

Mach Rider - 1%

I don't see us getting anymore retros other than DHD at this point.

Want - 50%

Again, mostly indifferent.

DLC - 95%

Yeah, Nintendo's been playing around with DLC a lot lately, and Smash just seems so perfect for it. It's something I've really been anticipating for a while, I'll be quite surprised if we don't get any DLC content.

Want - 100%

YES. I have so many yeses to give to this. I'd love just about any additional content, especially certain characters.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Impa

Chance: 5%
I don't think Zelda will get a newcomer this time around. She might be a last minute clone, but I don't think we will get any more aside from Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario.

Want: 10%
Prefer other Zelda characters.

Mach Rider

Chance: 10%
In Melee and Brawl we got two Retros. I think this time we will only get Duck Hunt Dog. Sakurai might even consider Little Mac, Pac-Man or Mega Man retros. Plus, he has competition from other retro characters.

Want: 20%
I'm sure Sakurai could make him work, but I don't see how he could make a viable moveset with him.

DLC

Chance: 90%
With Nintendo having DLC for Fire Emblem: Awakening, New Super Mario Bros 2 and as of recently Mario Kart 8 I don't see how they could not have DLC. It allows for more content and makes the game last longer.

DLC is amazing if it is used properly. With the latest Mario Kart 8 DLC, I am sure that Nintendo can handle DLC well and I would love to see characters, stages, music and more added.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Impa
Chance
: 12.5%
I am being generous with this score for Impa, I agree Zelda needs a new rep, in Sakurai's perspective maybe adding Sheik as a separate character is good enough, we still have the same Ganondorf in that regard I see a newcomer happening, but Zelda franchise got a masive boost in the item department.

In Brawl we had:
  • Heart Container
  • Bunny Hood
  • Deku Nuts and
  • Tingle assist

While now we have:
  • Heart Container
  • Fairy Botte
  • Bettle
  • Gust Bellows
  • Bombchu
  • Bunny Hood
  • Cucco
  • Deku Nut

Assist trophies
  • Tingle
  • Midna
  • Ghirahim
  • Skull Kid

I am not saying I am ok with this but maybe the absence of a Zelda newcomer is lowered by more Zelda franchise related things on the game. I am not sure how many newcomers are still hidden so only time can really tell or if the trophy theory holds some true.

Want: 50%
If Impa is in the game good if Impa is not in the game good too. If she is in please don't be a clone 2 out of 5 characters in the Zelda series are already clones

Mach Rider
Chance
: 0%
So we get a guy in a big motorcicle fighting? and jumping? and grabbing items? or grabbing the edge of the stage? please this isn't even comparable to Bowser Jr's Clown Car which is way more compact and actually leave his hands free to do something else.
If Little Mac was hard to make a diverse movepool I am not sure how this guy could really match in the game

No conection to him, not intereseting enough for me, characters like him and that other biker, I just don't see the appeal and if both get in ala Cpt Falcon then half of their "uniqueness" is thrown out of the window. There are plenty of retros that actually have moveset potencial and don't requere a motorcicle rider gimmick.

DLC
Chance
: 90%
Now everything is getting DLC Smash is too big to pass the opportunity

I will be ok with a few characters and some stages, in the end if we don't get them well I am only missing Ice Climbers

Groose

Smash Champion
YOU HAD TO RATE PARABO & SATEBO ON THE WEEKEND.

I should do something horrible to you all, I shall find every copy of Smash and burn them all and have the games cancelled.

We did it on a Friday. I specifically remembered not to do it on a weekend. I also had all of the scores tallied by nine that night, but I held off on updating until right before I went to bed in hopes that you''d log on by that time.

And it's the weekend right now! You complain about not being able to get on during the weekends, but you seem to be logging on during one right now.

Are you in a different timezone? I didn't account for that.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Impa
Chance: 45%
Want: 60%

Mach rider
Chance: 25%
Want: 80%

DLC
Chance: 85%
Want: 95%

About the characters...I posted something similar on the ESRB leak thread but I feel this applies here too.
If the Esrb are in the US, And the game's rating was revealed on the 16th of June, That means that the leaked images were either taken then or in the previous weeks.
That would be 3 months before the US release date on October 3rd.
I don't how how long it takes to program in Characters, but I'm pretty sure in the process of 3 months(or more considering It's quite possible the esrb were looking at the game a few weeks before the rating was revealed to the public)Is enough time to AT least include a character like Lucas or wolf who could be ported from brawl in a similar manner to toon link.
I'm almost certain this isn't the whole roster; An English copy wouldn't complete 3 or more months before release with translated content. Not to mention that the second to last row has one missing slot, which would be AWFUL Graphic design.
However, I'm not sure about the chances of these two characters. Impa has been a reoccurring character, but for a series with 5 reps (not to mention neither Ganondorf nor toon link were decloned), I don't know if it will recieve another one. I'm pretty sure if we do get a zelda newcomer though, Impa will be the one (Sorry ganon fans!). If Mewtwo returns, Impa is very possible.
Mach rider.. eh. Mach rider would be pretty cool to see in game, but all that's going for the concept if the leaker's picture, and it has since then proven that the "leaker" who passed out the picture wasn't the one who took them, so they may not know correct information.
Dlc: I hope they don't charge large amounts for this, but I would be more than happy to see more characters after release via patches. Other content can come from dlc too, such as stages and items, so I wouldn't be too surprised. After the mario kart Dlc, it's very likely smash will recieve it as well.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Going to rate quickly on this one:

Impa Chance: 5% That list of 5 characters has been stated by @vaanrose (the one responsible for the Ninka_kiwi leak) to be fake. So basically her chances are basically the same as every other popular newcomer.

Mach Rider Chance: 7.5% I'm a bit confident on him though, since I'm banking on a leak which I think might be true (the Poor Richard leak, the one I posted earlier in the Dark Pit post).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It is one of vaanrose's statements in the General Rumors Leaks thread, that would be hard to find. I'd just wait till vaanrose comes here, because I clearly remember his statement.

D

Deleted member

DLC

Chance: 90%

Being a modern game, Smash 4 is almost guaranteed to have DLC of some kind.

Want: Abstain

I'm abstaining from Impa and Mach Rider.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

We did it on a Friday. I specifically remembered not to do it on a weekend. I also had all of the scores tallied by nine that night, but I held off on updating until right before I went to bed in hopes that you''d log on by that time.

And it's the weekend right now! You complain about not being able to get on during the weekends, but you seem to be logging on during one right now.

Are you in a different timezone? I didn't account for that.
Yeah, different time zone.

I live in Australia.

The court finds you Guilty and Banishes you to Gamefaqs for eternity. Any last words?

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Impa:

Want: 55% Meh. I'm kind of biased to be honest. The only game I've played with her in it is Skyward Sword, which coincidentally so was Ghirahim. Would've rather had Debbie, but if Impa does get in, I trust Sakurai to make her somewhat interesting.

Chance: 60%

Mach Rider:

Want: 70% They would be interesting to say the least...

Chance: 43%

DLC:

Want: 50% As long as the DLC are worthwhile and don't cost a lot, I don't see wynaut.

Chance: 80% Nintendo is getting quite active in distributing them.

Groose

Smash Champion
Well, it looks like it's time for me to be Mr. Doom and Gloom once again. Pre-Robin, I thought we knew all of the newcomers; I was wrong then, but I do not think I am wrong now. I think we know not only all of the newcomers, but also the entire on-disc roster. It's possible that there are more, but I think we've seen the entire thing (and that the lock on All Star was filmed at a different stage of progress). I'm about 80% confident that the roster we've seen is final. Additionally, even if it isn't, I'd still argue that the remaining characters would most likely be veterans. So...

Impa: 5% chance and 33% want
She's perhaps the most likely newcomer at this stage. Zelda has gotten a lot of attention (unlike something like Donkey Kong which didn't even get a new stage on the 3DS version); I wouldn't be surprised if it got more, as it has become one of Nintendo's lynchpin series. Impa is one of three plausible candidates left (the others being Tetra and Toon Zelda), and she's easy clone material as well. There's a chance she's in, but it's not large because there's not a large chance of us getting anyone in my opinion.

As for want? I'd be alright with her if she's unique, as she's a decent enough character from a series dear to me. If she's a clone of Sheik, though, she can just stay away--Sheik is one of my least favorite characters to play as in both Melee and Brawl, and she's actually the character I hate playing against the most.

Mach Rider: 1% chance and 0% want
I don't know why he's seen such a resurgence with all of these latest text leaks. I don't think he has much of a chance, especially now that Duck Hunt is essentially confirmed. I suppose there's the chance he could be a Falcon clone, but I don't think he has much of a shot--I don't think he'd have much of one even if there were room for a few more characters, either. Maybe my lack of interest in him is making me biased?

DLC: 80% chance and 100% want
I'm not a huge fan of DLC. It's something that I usually see as unnecessary and derivative, and I've had many a debate about it with my Sony gaming budy. Smash is the one game where I make an exception to DLC. Why? Three reasons.

First, Smash games have an absurd amount of time between releases. My friend constantly argues the DLC helps improve a game's lifespan, and I do admit this to be true. However, I do question why the game he likes that have a sequel every year need their lifespans expanded; it seems like releases come too often anyway! Smash is different; releases every couple of months for the first year or two of the giant gap between games would definitely help things out.

Second, Smash is all about fanservice. Cramming as much content into the game as possible is one of the series' hallmarks, and seeing more fan service through DLC is inherently different than getting something like a new mission or a new map pack--it doesn't just expand the game, it enhances it.

Third, I'm much more lax about DLC in fighters than I am in anything else. DLC ruins the spirit of adventure bye fragmenting it, I feel--yet the crux of fighting games is very fragmented. The genre is all about including different characters, and it doesn't fit together as nicely as something like an adventure game. So, I don't really mind if it comes in chunks like I would with other genres.

Whew. Anyway, I think it will happen, and I really really want it to do so. It's been a while since I've gotten this worked up over speculation.

DAY OVER

GRANNY'S A PRETTY NICE LADY!

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
The court finds you Guilty and Banishes you to Gamefaqs for eternity. Any last words?
Well, it looks like it's time for me to be Mr. Doom and Gloom once again. Pre-Robin, I thought we knew all of the newcomers; I was wrong then, but I do not think I am wrong now. I think we know not only all of the newcomers, but also the entire on-disc roster. It's possible that there are more, but I think we've seen the entire thing (and that the lock on All Star was filmed at a different stage of progress). I'm about 80% confident that the roster we've seen is final. Additionally, even if it isn't, I'd still argue that the remaining characters would most likely be veterans. So...

Impa: 5% chance and 33% want
She's perhaps the most likely newcomer at this stage. Zelda has gotten a lot of attention (unlike something like Donkey Kong which didn't even get a new stage on the 3DS version); I wouldn't be surprised if it got more, as it has become one of Nintendo's lynchpin series. Impa is one of three plausible candidates left (the others being Tetra and Toon Zelda), and she's easy clone material as well. There's a chance she's in, but it's not large because there's not a large chance of us getting anyone in my opinion.

As for want? I'd be alright with her if she's unique, as she's a decent enough character from a series dear to me. If she's a clone of Sheik, though, she can just stay away--Sheik is one of my least favorite characters to play as in both Melee and Brawl, and she's actually the character I hate playing against the most.

Mach Rider: 1% chance and 0% want
I don't know why he's seen such a resurgence with all of these latest text leaks. I don't think he has much of a chance, especially now that Duck Hunt is essentially confirmed. I suppose there's the chance he could be a Falcon clone, but I don't think he has much of a shot--I don't think he'd have much of one even if there were room for a few more characters, either. Maybe my lack of interest in him is making me biased?

DLC: 80% chance and 100% want
I'm not a huge fan of DLC. It's something that I usually see as unnecessary and derivative, and I've had many a debate about it with my Sony gaming budy. Smash is the one game where I make an exception to DLC. Why? Three reasons.

First, Smash games have an absurd amount of time between releases. My friend constantly argues the DLC helps improve a game's lifespan, and I do admit this to be true. However, I do question why the game he likes that have a sequel every year need their lifespans expanded; it seems like releases come too often anyway! Smash is different; releases every couple of months for the first year or two of the giant gap between games would definitely help things out.

Second, Smash is all about fanservice. Cramming as much content into the game as possible is one of the series' hallmarks, and seeing more fan service through DLC is inherently different than getting something like a new mission or a new map pack--it doesn't just expand the game, it enhances it.

Third, I'm much more lax about DLC in fighters than I am in anything else. DLC ruins the spirit of adventure bye fragmenting it, I feel--yet the crux of fighting games is very fragmented. The genre is all about including different characters, and it doesn't fit together as nicely as something like an adventure game. So, I don't really mind if it comes in chunks like I would with other genres.

Whew. Anyway, I think it will happen, and I really really want it to do so. It's been a while since I've gotten this worked up over speculation.

DAY OVER

GRANNY'S A PRETTY NICE LADY!
Quite a few of them, apparently :troll:

Groose

Smash Champion
Impa
24.23% chance
44.93% want

Impa is now our most likely Zelda newcomer, and she's respectably popular, too. Looks like she may in fact pop out of the shadows at any moment!

Mach Rider
10.74% chance
43.42% want

Gotta go fast! Mach Rider failed to keep up with Impa in the chance department, but he did managed to come quite close.
DLC
76.25% chance
90.41% want

The more the merrier!
I swear, whoever posted that Eggman quote is going to get it. How dare you get that stuck in my head?

Today is the day where we rate even more popular newcomers, most of which have been rumored to appear recently. Please rate Isaac, the Chorus Men, and Dixie Kong in chance and want.

Projected Update Schedule
Day 319: Impa, Mach Rider, and DLC

Day 320: Isaac, Chorus Men, and Dixie Kong
Day 321: Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Lucas
Day 322: K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Isaac:

Chance: 2%
If only. Hopefully he can get in as DLC though.
One of my "4 new series" that I wanted to see represented.

Chorus thingamabobers:

Chance: 0%
#TeamMarshall
A trio? ice climbers are cheap enough already.

Dixie Kong:

Chance: 5%
I'm still pessimistic on the thought of getting more newcomers besides the ones that were leaked.
Want: 33%
I never liked playing as Diddy Kong.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Isaac
Chance: 5% - I had him on my roster until recently. I thought he had a good shot, but with there being in my opinion four slots left, he will miss out again

Want: 45% - I have no connection, but most of his fans are really nice and not stuck up, so I wouldn't mind having him.

Chorus Men
Chance: 1% - They aren't getting in. They can't be in over the Ice Climbers, and it looks like the Ice Climbers will be lucky to get in. Karate Joe or the Monkey have better shots I think. Sakurai isn't that stupid to put in a threesome character right after he cuts a duo due to development issues. They should've never been viable in the first place.

Want: 0% - If they are in, I'll take it as a slap in the face if the Ice Climbers don't make it. Plus, EBA or Idolm@ster would be a lot better to have.

Dixie Kong
Chance: 35% - She has a chance to be a clone. That's it. Sakurai didn't want three Blue-haired swordsmen, so he probably doesn't want three kongs. King K Rool is the better choice. Just like how Robin is better than Chrom. Everybody knows it too.

Want: 0% - I hate Dixie. Hate her. She isn't very original, and we need more villains, unless they are a certain Fire Emblem character, which isn't going to happen. King K Rool deserves it. Dixie doesn't.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Isaac Chance: 20%
I think we will definitely get 5 more characters on disk, but I don't think Isaac has a good chance of being one of them. Just isn't enough space for him.
I've never played Golden Sun, but I've always been curious to see how he would work.

Chorus Kids Chance: 50%
I believe Gematsu was real, but outdated, meaning they were planned at some point. But there is a good chance they were cut mid development, for the same reasons that Ice Climbers are possibly cut. It really depends on how they were planned to work, if they moved in unison or had seperate AI similarly to Ice Climbers.
Want: 90%
They've grown on me.

Dixie Kong Chance: 65%
Easy semi clone is easy.
K. Rool>>>>Dixie

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Isaac from Golden Sun
Chance: 20%
Isaac is by far one of the most popular assists trophy and a highly requested character. His chance however is weird due to the leak and no sign of him as an assist trophy. I don't know what to say, to be quite frank. I hope he's in.

Chorus Men from Rhythm Heaven
Chance: 50%
Chorus Men are also widely requested but not before the roster was done. Gematsu is still strong within some people and I believe they've been mentioned multiple times. I want a music based character but since the Ice Climbers are nowhere to be found, I doubt three characters in one would make it in.

Dixie Kong from Donkey Kong
Chance: 55%
Dixie Kong has a massive chance since she was one of the planned characters for Brawl, she might even be a semi clone or not a clone at all. I won't mind her in, but I don't particularly want her.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Want: 0% - I hate Dixie. Hate her. She isn't very original, and we don't need any more villains, unless they are a certain Fire Emblem character, which isn't going to happen. King K Rool deserves it. Dixie doesn't.
"We don't need any more villains". "King K. Rool deserves it".
Dixie isn't a villain, last I checked. King K. Rool is. That statement doesn't quite seem to work.

Isaac -
Chance: 38%
He'd be higher, but I think we're running low on newcomer slots. Impa and Ridley are both more likely, and I think he's tied with Dixie on chances.
The last thing needed to make the roster perfect.

Chorus Kids -
Chance: 0.1%
I don't see them happening. Ever. We might get Marshall, but I can't see Sakurai giving us a trio. Not only is this more for the 3DS's processor to handle than a duo (like Rosalina and Luma, or Ice Climbers), but they actually multiple all the gimmicky situations that caused the Ice Climbers to be such a broken nightmare. Chain attacks and chain grabs are not something I see returning in Smash. We may get Rhythm Heaven representation, but I don't see us getting the Chorus Kids. Still, they're more likely than Birdo.

Dixie Kong -
She doesn't have as good a shot as Ridley (obviously) or Impa (3 of 4 makes no sense, so I still think she's there from the trophy tease), but if DK is getting a new rep, I'm guessing it's her, just because she's more recognizable. And DK would be the next franchise to get another character, I think.
Want: 5%
Too many other characters deserve it over her. I'd take K. Rool any day. She may have a good chance, but I don't really want her.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
"We don't need any more villains". "King K. Rool deserves it".
Dixie isn't a villain, last I checked. King K. Rool is. That statement doesn't quite seem to work.

Isaac -
He'd be higher, but I think we're running low on newcomer slots. Impa and Ridley are both more likely, and I think he's tied with Dixie on chances.
The last thing needed to make the roster perfect.

Chorus Kids -
Chance: 0.1%
I don't see them happening. Ever. We might get Marshall, but I can't see Sakurai giving us a trio. Not only is this more for the 3DS's processor to handle than a duo (like Rosalina and Luma, or Ice Climbers), but they actually multiple all the gimmicky situations that caused the Ice Climbers to be such a broken nightmare. Chain attacks and chain grabs are not something I see returning in Smash. We may get Rhythm Heaven representation, but I don't see us getting the Chorus Kids. Still, they're more likely than Birdo.

Dixie Kong -
She doesn't have as good a shot as Ridley (obviously) or Impa (3 of 4 makes no sense, so I still think she's there from the trophy tease), but if DK is getting a new rep, I'm guessing it's her, just because she's more recognizable. And DK would be the next franchise to get another character, I think.
Want: 5%
Too many other characters deserve it over her. I'd take K. Rool any day. She may have a good chance, but I don't really want her.
Sorry. I fixed it.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Isaac: 1% Chance / 40% Chance

Dixie: 5% Chance / 60% Want
Literally only going to get in as a Diddy clone at this point.

Chorus Kids: 30% Chance / 70% Want
In terms of the last spot, I'm breaking it to down to 50% Mewtwo, 30% Chorus Kids/Marshal, 20% Wolf, 10% everyone else (Isaac, Impa, Dixie, etc). These guys are the most interesting character on the table because they're the only Gematsu character left in. Gematsu has gotten all but one character right, but it's legitimacy is questionable due to how out of date it is.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Isaac Chance: Abstain%, just because I'm not familiar with the character at all. I wouldn't doubt he deserves some representation in the game, though.

Chorus Kids / Marshal:
Chance - 40%. Probably one of the three likeliest newcomers. If Marshal can't be included, maybe 25% or so.
Want - 100%. After seeing this, I'm convinced this can't possibly go wrong. Plus, Rhythm Heaven is awesome.

Dixie Kong - 35%. Another super-likely newcomer.
Want - 60%. Could be a decent replacement for Squirtle in terms of mobility, light weight, and quick attacks, but more likely would end up being a Diddy Klone. I would consider her the best and by far most likely new DK rep, though.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Isaac- 5%
Want- 25%

Dixie Kong- 25%, Probably the highest chance score I'll be handing out to a non-leaked character
Want- 95%, I would like a Donkey Kong newcomer and this is the one I want most.

Chorus Kids- 10%
Want- 90%, too cute

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
Isaac
Chance: 3% - A year ago I thought he had a solid 50/50 shot at getting in, but after the leak he seems incredibly unlikely. Hopefully there will be DLC. He certainly has enough going for him to warrant a spot on the roster.
Want: 100% - He was by far my most wanted character in Brawl, and he's by far my most wanted character in SSB4. The roster will never feel complete for me without him. He'd have such a fun moveset and I'd love to see Golden Sun represented as one of Nintendo's "all-star" franchises. Few games have captured my attention like the original Golden Sun did.

Chorus Kids

Chance: 35% - It feels almost inevitable that we'll get a Rhythm Heaven character, but I'm not convinced Chorus Kids will be it, given how they're even more complex than the presumably axed Ice Climbers.
Want: 0% - I have no interest in them.

Dixie Kong
Chance: 15% - Most characters' chances feel pretty low right now, and I feel that K Rool has a better shot than her.
Want: 15% - I'm not a big Donkey Kong fan, but I'd rather see K Rool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom