• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Dr. Mario: 85%
Want: 50%
I believe that the leak is true. While there are things that are a little off, there are so many more that are spot on. I can believe Dr. Mario getting the Lucina treatment. Especially since he was consitered for Brawl. However, I'm not sure about wanting him. I don't like the thought of the Mario franchise getting 7 reps. Oh, well. I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Dark Pit: 90%
Want: 90%
I think that he is in the same boat as Dr. Mario, but he has been teased, so that helps him out. As for want, I would love to see him in. I love him as a character, and I love clones. I just don't really care for Sakarai's bias towards Kid Icarus.

More Characters: 50%
Want: 100%
I'm not sura about this. The roster looks messy and out of order, but it is also already really large. I really hope that there are more characters, but I'm not sure... I want to have King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Bandana Dee, and so many others to be in. I just really hope that they have a chance.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Dr. Mario and Dark Pit's Chances: 99%
I don't see much reason to doubt the leaked roster as now we have video footage, text and picture evidence to support it. However, since they weren't fully shown in video like Shulk and Bowser Jr., they take a slight hit.

Dr. Mario Want: 30%
Eh, not a character I'm fond of, but he's not one I hate.

Dark Pit: 0%
Dark Pit on the other hand, I don't like his addition at all. As a character, he never appealed to me, and I'm not seeing much to make him appeal to me now.

More newcomers
Chances: 65%
I'm a bit mixed on this, we do have the All Star lock, the roster does look a bit off, and admittedly, there is more footage we haven't seen that could've had more characters. On the other hand, it would be odd to not have that full roster given to the ESRB and we have not gotten any hints of more characters past the leaked roster. So overall, I'm pretty neutral, but I'm leaning more towards more characters at the moment.

I'd like to see more characters, so I'd be happy to see this happen.

Last edited:

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
Dr. Mario
Chance: 99%
Want: 80%

Dark Pit
Chance: 99%
Want: 55%

I don't get why a lot of people dislike their inclusion, they both probably started as alternate costumes and got their own slot when the development team had some time left (like what happened with Lucina). They don't 'steal' the slots of other characters and probably weren't planned from the beginning as standalone fighters. The only reason why they got their own slot was to beef up the roster, which is a good thing.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Dr Mario chances 99% (duh, who would say it)
Want 30%
I frankly don't care much about da doctor, but i'm not as pissed as everyone since it's likely a clone and even more, with all the mario changes in brawl and smash 4, if dr stays truer to melee then it would be a more different clone.

Dark Pit chances 99% (¬¬)
Want 5%: Frankly not only 3 KI reps, (2 was alright) but also one of the most boring KI reps (not Medusa). while it may be a complete clone, in which case my reaction will be "whatever" there is a chance that he is closer to brawl pit, and twhile that would make him a different clone, it would feel that KI still used 2 original characters development time with Palutena (Justified) and a new Pit (was it really justified?) and would have 3 different enough characters (something that looks like starfox can't boast anymore)
If we get the cut characters as DLC and we get at least Mewtwo or Ridley in, probably my opinion towards him would improve from "Ugh" to "Whatever"

More newcomers
Chances: 45%
The all star mode locked isn't conclusive evidence, considering that what was leaked was a video, Therefore a montage, not a build of the game that needed to bge coherent with itself in terms of what was unlocked. also all star could have changed the requeriments for all we know. Still teh contrary isn't set in stoen either, and Ridley would be an horrendous stage hazard anyway.
I want Mewtwo and Ridley :c (and the cut characters)

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Dr Mario Likelihood: 100%
Want: 40%

Dark Pit Likelihood: 100%
Want: 40%

More Newcomers Likelihood: 70%

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
Dark Pit: 92%
Want: 75%
I don't have a problem with clones for the most part and more KI representation is always a good thing in my book (I know people have a problem with this, but KI:U is my favorite Nintendo game that doesn't have the words Mario Galaxy in it.)
That being said I like Pittooie, and he is very much so a different character from Pit, but he wouldn't have been my 3rd pick for a KI rep.

Dr. Mario: 90%
Want: 20%
I know i said I don't mind clones, but unlike Dark Pit who is a separate character from Pit, Dr. Mario is already Mario, just waring different clothes. MEH

More Characters: 20%
Why wouldn't I want more characters, I have no issue if this is the final roster, but I'm not going to turn down more.
But... I'm not getting my hopes up about it

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Dark Pit
Chance: 95%
I was a doubter of this leak, but with the footage we got, along with the fact that the past 3 Pic of the Days have been related to the leak makes me believe it. However there is no footage of Dark Pit, so his score is less than characters like Bowser Jr/Shulk

Want: 0%

I don't want another clone, I don't want another Kid Icarus character, I don't want another overrepresented franchise. If they somehow made him not a clone, I'd bump my score up to 1%, but that's incredibly unlikely.

Dr. Mario
Chance: 95%
Same boat as Dark Pit

Want: 1%
Don't see why he couldn't just be a Mario alt. Hopefully this time he won't outclass Mario in every way, and there will be benefits for each Mario

More Newcomers
Chance 99%
Blatant blank space, locked all-star mode, text leaks, and incorrect character order. There's alot of support for this, and it makes sense for Nintendo to send an incomplete roster to the ESRB specifically to avoid full leaks like this

I would love to see Ridley, Mewtwo, and a Rhythm Heaven rep (although K Rool isn't looking too good anymore). Mach Rider could be cool too, but I'm not interested in Impa

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
The mad scientist Dr. Mario
Chance: 100%
Want: 35%

Dark hole in the ground
Chance: 100%
Want: 16%

More Newcomers
Chance: 45% - I'm split on this but I'm leaning more towards it being the final roster. The lock on All Star mode doesn't really convince me as it could have been taken at any time. It also doesn't have Mr Game and Watch in the 1980 section meaning it was probably taken before he was unlocked. Looking closely at the roster all the characters seem to be placed in their final position and it would be difficult to add new ones without cutting off more characters from their franchise.
Want: 100% - Give me back my Ice Climbers Sakurai!!

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
The picture of a locked All-Star mode along with some nonsensical character placement on the CSS indicates that no, it's not complete, yet at the same time it doesn't seem to make sense that Nintendo would be sending the ESRB an incomplete roster when their entire job is rating the content in the game.
There's of course a high chance that the leak comes directly from the ESRB... but another rumor is that the leaker was (or got the footage from) a Nintendo employee who was compiling the footage for the ESRB... in which case some of these things could be explained as not all of the content has to actually be what was submitted to the ESRB.

And at any rate, the ESRB rates on the problematic content... and as long as that content is shown to them, it doesn't matter whether the CSS has the full roster or not. And in fact, if it did come from within the ESRB, then this shows a good reason why they would want to withhold some information from the ESRB if it's not relevant to the game's rating.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I've been thinking about Glaciacott's statement, it doesn't really make much sense that Dark Pit was originally an alt. when the Palutena trailer was made, if he was originally going to be an alt., then why do you think the tease in the trailer would be made anyway? And I believe he was originally planned (along with Dr. Mario) to be a padded clone from the beginning, and although you guys repeatedly told me it doesn't mean anything, I still stand that this tweet had to do something with Smash development:

I believe Lucina was the only clone to be added late in development, to change from an alt. to a character, since the character herself has barely any changes moveset-wise.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Forgot about that...

Turns out it kind of was all along. Oh, Sakurai! :laugh:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Dr Mario

Abstain.... Didn't we do this one already?

Dark Pit

Chance - 99%
Want - 0%

More Newcomers

Chance - 50%
Want - 50%
don't care if we get more newcomers tbh. Jigglypuff is all i need.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about Glaciacott's statement, it doesn't really make much sense that Dark Pit was originally an alt. when the Palutena trailer was made, if he was originally going to be an alt., then why do you think the tease in the trailer would be made anyway? And I believe he was originally planned (along with Dr. Mario) to be a padded clone from the beginning, and although you guys repeatedly told me it doesn't mean anything, I still stand that this tweet had to do something with Smash development:

I believe Lucina was the only clone to be added late in development, to change from an alt. to a character, since the character herself has barely any changes moveset-wise.
Oh for the love of .... this stupid argument just won't die.

The character is in already, does it really matter? Seriously, it's like you're arguing for something that just entitles people to hating the characters even more.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Dr. Mario
-Chance: 95% That leak, that model, leak bias.
-Want: 100% Why not?, doesn't hurt anyone

Dark Pit
-Chance: 93% Leak bias, but hey could be wrong
-Want: 100% Yes i love the character, clone or not.

More newcomers
-Chance: 80% Mainly because of the lock in all star mode and the roster looking rather odd.
-Want: 100% Who wouldn't want this?

Shrek
-Chance: 0.0001% Sadly seems like a pipe dream now.
-Want: 100% HEY NOW, YOU'RE AN ALL STAR.

RANT OVER, SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME THE WORLD WAS GONNA ROLL ME, I AIN'T THE SHARPEST TOOL IN THE SHED

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Dr Mario and Dark Pit chance: 99%

Dr Mario want: 60% This guy over Mewtwo is hilarious.
Dark Pit want: 2% I really enjoyed Kid Icarus Uprising but Dark Pit has to be the blandest character in the game.

More Characters
Chance: 20% I don't see it, All-Star might be locked but what is most likely all the trophies are there, and the roster looks complete as is and the only character I could see being added with out messing up the order are Chorus Men due to the chronological order of the characters
Want: 70% Sure, but I have most of my wants already.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Dr Mario chance 90%
Dr Mario Want 60% initially I was furious over the fact that he was brought back after all I am under the belief that the the leak is real. Then this seemed like a waste of a roster spot then I thought about it I dropped Mario from being one of my mains due to how gimped he was in brawl. If doctor Mario plays anything like how Mario did in melee without Fludd then he might become my main.

Dark pit chance 90%
Dark pit want 20% don't really care for clones

Newcomers chance 40%
Newcomer Want 100% I definitely want more who doesn't

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Dr. Mario and DP's chances: 95% Same boat as Duck Hunt. I ain't giving 'em hundreds till we see footage cause as convincing as the leak is, that CSS is weird as hell.

Doc want: 5% He gets pity points for potentially bringing back FLUDD-less Mario, but dang it Sakurai he's so unnecessary. I guess that he probably took near-zero resources to do though. Still not too happy.

Dark Pit want: 40% It's really hard to be TOO angry about the clones because they all seem to be slight model swaps and attack modifiers. And KI still has a TON of weapons untouched. And I actually really like Dark Pit as a character. BUT...he's still a character I didn't really want. He's probably the most "meh" character of the leaked five for me.

More Newcomers Chance: 40% There's a few coin flips here. Is this roster final? If it isn't, are the brawl veterans (minus Snake probably unless he gets announced tomorrow or something) returning with a new character or Mewtwo, who isn't a newcomer? Or are none of the Brawl vets coming back and we could possibly get four more newcomers? (EXTREMELY unlikely unless they were all unrepped series, really) So many factors. I'm thinking it's gonna be Lucas, IC's Wolf, and Mewtwo, if anyone though.

Want: 50% It REALLY depends on the newcomers because with how the CSS is structured if it wasn't a single Star Fox or Pokemon rep we'd be losing three vets I REALLY liked. I'm neutral.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

Well it's too early to speculate considering we have yet to see any of Dark Pit's moves, but it depends on what your definition of late in development. Considering the way Sakurai approaches Smash, I assumed he and his team had a roster in the beginning, and the roster probably had a few alternate upgrades later in development. And by late in development, I would gather that they mean within the last year. Remember, there's actually only a month between Lucina's reveal trailer and Dark Pit's appearance in Palutena's trailer. Both trailers are outsourced to different animation companies, so they would have been ready much farther in advance.

Groose

Smash Champion
Doc and Dark: 100% chance and 0% want
I prefer costumes over clones by a pretty wide margin. Costumes allow you to bring a personal level to your character, and they allow you to make your own identity. You know--something along the lines of how Ken will be remembered as the Red Marth. Clones change a few properties of a character, and they clutter up the interface. That's not something I'm really big into. Sorry for the weakness of my argument; I am unable to express my beliefs properly because I'm so tired.

More Newcomers: 20% chance and 100% want
I think we'll get five more characters. Through DLC. Yes, I feel we've seen the final roster for the initial project. Still, if I'm wrong, I guess it's likely a newcomer would be among the ones we haven't seen. Also, I do really want this. One of K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo would make me 100% happy with this roster.

DAY OVER

Groose

Smash Champion
Dr. Mario
94.59% chance
39.33% want

Dark Pit
94.62% chance
35.32% want

More Newcomers
68.80% chance
96.90% want

Dark Pit narrowly edged out Doc in terms of chance, but Doc proved to be the more popular of two unpopular picks. Interestingly enough, the concept "more newcomers" failed to receive a 100% in want. I suppose it will be impossible for us to reach an absolute score in want (well, something like "Game Cancellation" or "$5,000,000 Sale Price" might do it).

Anyway, it's time to keep moving down the list of stuff to discuss. Today it's time to clean out the nominations list by talking about Parebo/Satebo, "Desinty," and the ability to use your own personal Robin or Villager. RATE. THEIR. CHANCES. and wants.
Projected Update Schedule
Day 315: Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr., and Shulk
Day 316: Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and More Newcomers

Day 317: Use Your Villager/Robin, "Destiny," and Parebo and Satebo
Day 318: Jill Valentine, "Moonstruck Blossom," and Galacta Knight/Dark Met Knight Costumes
Day 319: Three Things That We'll Decide In A Democratic Fashion (Probably People Like Impa and Dixie and Stuff)
Day 320: The Last Three Things That We'll Ever Rate In Chance; Decided In A Democratic Fashion
Day 321-September 13: Newcomer Satisfaction, Discussion of RTC, Creation of Social and Friend Code Swap, Game Over Present

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Use your Robin chance: 100%

My Robin is already the one being used in the game, so it is quite impossible to rate it any lower than 100%, correct?

Use your Robin want: 0.1%

I do not want to see nasty OC variants of MY Robin. To quote Basilio, "hell no!"

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Parebo and Satebo:
Chances: 0%
maybe a trophy or something.

"Destiny":
Chances: 90%
One of the more often used tracks in Awakening, and it's a good one.
Great theme.

Use Your Own Robin/Villager:
Chances: 1%
For some reason, I doubt Sakurai will go through all the trouble of creating every style and look from Awakening and Animal Crossing. The villager is actually from City Folk (Wii) rather than New Leaf (3DS) anyways. Robin also has shifting heights, which would make it possible. It would be far more like that Sakurai would create all the separate features and just allow you to create a Robin/Villager similar to your own, but with Robin, there are too many difference for this to work.
Yeah. Of course. I would name Robin "Nephenee" as well. But it will never be my Robin because the Smash Bros Robin will have feet.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Parebo & Satebo

Zero and zero.

"Destiny"
Don't care. Abstain.

Use your own Robin/Villager
If this was the case, we probably would've heard about it by now, especially for Villager.

Use your own Robin/Villager chances: 5%
Want: 45%
I'm indifferent. I don't play either game.

D

Deleted member

Use your own Villager/Robin

Chance: 1%

I have a gut feeling that it won't happen...

...but it would be nice.

"Destiny"

I have to give this double zeroes because Destiny isn't coming to Wii U, so there's no way that game wou- Whoops! I assume you mean the Fire Emblem tune.

Chance: 50%

It could go either way.

Why not?

Parebo and Satebo

Chance: 10%

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Abstaining from Destiny.

Parebo and Satebo - 0%

Nope.

Want - 0%

Again, nope.

Use Your Villager/Robin - Abstain.

I really don't know what to think about this in chance.

Want - 90%

Would love this, but I could live without it.

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Use Your Own Villager/Robin
Chance: 20%
"Destiny"
Chance: 80%
Parebo and Satebo
Chance: 0%

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Use your own Villager or Robin chances: 0.02 %
This idea means that the game would be able to connect with another save file from another game that most likely doesn't have any wireless feature that was specifically aimed at this specific purpose. Sure, they did it with Poké Transporter to transfer Pokémon from gen V games to Pokémon Bank, where you can deposit them in your Pokémon X or Y cartridge. But that's a somewhat complicated system and transfering Pokémon from gen V to gen VI games is MUCH a bigger deal than a pure fan-service aesthetic feature. I highly doubt that a Poké Transporter-like software will be created for this purpose, and Robin and Villager as Smash characters aren't supposed to be avatars anyway, we have Mii Fighters who actually have this role, and for this reason I highly doubt that there will be an in-game Villager or Robin editor either. Alternate costumes are enough.

Use your own Villager or Robin want: 0 %
I don't care and that would be kinda pointless. Fan-service have limits and I repeat, Villager and Robin aren't supposed to be avatar characters as Smash fighters, this role belongs to the Miis.

"Destiny" music chances: 70 % and want: 100 %
One of the most recurring themes from FE:A, sounds VERY Fire Emblem-like, well suited for battle, and the music itself is very cool. A very good choice for a FE:A music in SSB4.

Parabo and Satebo chances and want: abstain for both
I don't know anything about them and I'm too lazy to do researches about their role in the Nintendo games and history. Also there is an error in the tittle, it's "Parabo", not "Parebo".

Edit: ahah I can't wait to see a "DECONFIRMED! HE'S A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!" given to the Shulk Assist Trophy concept, it's going to be funny compared to those "DECONFIRMED! ASSIST TROPHY!" given to numerous characters that were deconfirmed after being rated.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And with that,we cross off another character from our Chance and Want charts. Shulk was in the top 2 in both the charts, so I imagine most of you are very happy with his reveal, too.

I'll get the charts ready later today.
I think this also confirms Doc, Bower Jr, Duck Hunt Dog and Dark Pit, so I'll leave them out of future charts if that is commonly agreed.

Last edited:

zon770

Smash Rookie
Use your own Villager or Robin
Chances: 0%
What would be the point of spending so much development time on something that can't be used by all?
We already have Villager alts, and technically Robin is supposed to look like that.

Parebo and Satebo
Chances and Want:
abstain

"Destiny"
Chances:
85%
Sounds amazing.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Use your own Villager/Robin

Chance - 0% - I think the alternate costumes are supposed to "stand in" for this.

Want - 50% - Eh. I mostly stick with defaults anyway, so I don't care.

Parebo and Satebo

Chance - 0% - The Satalite View wasn't the best thing to come out... it never even left Japan!

Want - 0% - No, not when there are so many better characters out there.

"Destiny"

Chance - 80% - One of Awakening's more notable tracks, it works quite well.

Want - 90% - I like it. Not mind-blowing, but still a very cool track.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Use your own Villager/Robin:
Chance: 0% - How would they even program that?
Want: abstain - Never played either game, so I don't have one to go with​

Music:
Chance: 80% - from the new FE game, along with the characters, so sounds good.
Want: 90% - Sounds awesome​

Rest: abstain - Who? What?

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
You know what? I think I'll rejoin the game for these last few days.
Use your own villager / Robin: 0%
The problem here is implementation. The designs and existing alt costumes are already very iconic and why would they make 2 male and 2 female villager alt costumes if they could just be transported in anyway? (plus I don't even know how that would even work)
While I wouldn't use it, I know a lot of people who would especially for the Villager.

Destiny:
Chance: 80%, Want: 100%
Why would they pass up this? I mean, it's a great song from a game that has 2 characters and a franchise with 4. I'd LOVE for this to make an appearance.

Parebo and Satebo: Who? Oh, that thing. Chance: 0% Want: 0%

ChazzzyF

Smash Cadet
Thank you Sakurai for blessing us with Shulk, and for subtly confirming the leak, since the artwork and play style of Shulk matches the leaked video and roster. At least we now 100% know.

As for today's stuff, abstain on Destiny, Quadruple Zeros for the others.

Groose

Smash Champion
No satisfaction scores for Shulk just yet. That would be redundant considering we're set to rate everyone next week as part of our farewell. We hold our course for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom