• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, if the actual chance is something like 0.00000001%, then I'm afraid 0% is a better approximation.
Not necessarily as zero implies zero. You cannot approximate "zero" as zero is zero (an absolute). Zero must objectively be zero in order to be zero. 0.01% is much more accurate.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Not necessarily as zero implies zero. You cannot approximate "zero" as zero is zero (an absolute). Zero must objectively be zero in order to be zero. 0.01% is much more accurate.
It took me a minute to understand your post. :laugh: Can't say I want to debate something as trivial as this, so I'll leave it. :p

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Lucas: 0/0
No. Don't even.

Masked Dedede: 40%
This first comes down to whether I think the 3DS can handle the Waddle Dee army... which with the powerstar already in play and ATs Lumas and the like being more complicated than the simple waddle dee I think it's actually pretty likely it can (60%). There's then a small chance Sakurai would otherwise want to change it, but given Dedede is his baby and he chose it in Brawl I'm tending towards unlikely (I think Kirby's already taken the new super, I kinda think Sakurai won't choose to do two, though I may well be wrong), especially given how imbalanced the Final Smashes seem to be.

Say 50% chance it's getting changed...

So what are the options? Well, one option is something in the vein of Waddle Dee army without the RAM draw, which is reaspnably hard to imagine, but might be a thing if the 3DS is an issue. Alternately there's giving Bandana Waddle Dee the Chrom treatment, which would be an understandable attempt to please fans, but would be a bit weird... and then leaves the clear front-runner in a replacement FS, Masked Dedede.

Personally I think Waddle Dee army is more likely to return, but there's really not much in it.

Want: 25%
Meh, it's a transforamtion, and not a particularly exciting transformation either, so can't say I'd be excited by it, it would be a thing, and I wouldn't hate it though... either way I'm no really a big fan of Dedede in Smash, he should be there, but he's not a character I enjoy playing as or against myself, so I'm a bad judge.

Brash: 0%
Pandora: 1.4%
I thought she was deconfirmed yesterday, I must have mixed her up with Phosphera at some point, although I knew whe was deconfirmed too...

Double Cherry*20 ?? (The post says I have 15 un-used, but I thought I only had 5 left... as many as I have either way.)

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
You're a wizard, Lucas.
Chance: 0%, want; So bad.

Not even gonna.

Masked Dedede FS
Chance: 50%
Half and half I'd say. I'd be surprised if it doesn't rear it's head at all, but it's either a Final Smash or an alt costume for Dedede.

Want: 50%
I do want...just half of me wants it just to be an alt costume.

Well, that was the shortest rating I've ever done. *dusts hands*

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Lucas the wizard:
double zeroes.

Masked DeDeDe:
Chance: abstain
Want: abstain

This one is tricky for me. I just don't know and to be honest I quite liked his one in Brawl.

nominations:
Ghirahim rerate x 5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
The Lucas we don't care about
Chance: 0%
Want: 0%

Masked Dededee Final Smash
Chance: 10% - Would make more sense as a alternate costume.
Want: 0% - I have no desire to see this.

Nominations: Rundas x5

Predictions
Amazon Pandora: 0.7%
Brash the Bear: 0.01%

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Don't care about either of these.

Power Glove Lucas - double zeroes
Masked Dedede FS
chance: abstain
lots of transformation FS already with the Mega Evolutions, but I see less reason for DDD's to change.
want: 50%
I don't really care.

Predictions:
Brash the Bear - 0.44%
Amazon Pandora - 1%

Nominations:
5x Dry Bowser costume

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Lucas is a sex offender, I was searching more about him and found that out lol.

Lucas want 0% chance -1%

Masked Dedede both chance and want 50%

x5 John Raimi

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Lucas the Wizard:

I'd rather see Goku, the Saiyan Goku.

Masked Dedede Final Smash:
Chance: 30%
Want: 60%

Don't really care and have no strong opinion. I guess anything beats his old Final Smash.

Nominations:
M. Bison x2
Ken Masters x2
Ryu x1

Groose

Smash Champion
Nominating Frederick AT x5 (hey, I'm one day away, don't hate me :()
I'm not hating on you, pal. I can't wait for that day; I have some ideas floating around that I may want to test out. It's a niche nomination, but that doesn't mean it's not enjoyable!
First, we rated a barely relevant purple dragon, then a space marine who only made one obscure appearance on a Nintendo platform, then a dead bandicoot, and now a movie character.
And today we rate Brash the Friggin' Bear. This really has been a slippery slope, hasn't it?
Anyway, if this is just a mistake, put my 5 nominations on "A 3DS Sonic stage other than Green Hill Zone" (which is the phrasing I'll use from now on.) This should make it 20.
Hmm. That's odd. Well, I put in twenty nominations today because that's what it should be at now. I may have accidentally deleted it.
Nooooo!

That perfect zero score...wasted...

I guess this means we'll never replicate Lupus's day.
If a character averages below a 0.005%, they are rounded down to 0.00%, as every score in this game is rounded to two decimal places before it is reported. Having a 0.01% among over fifty 0.00% scores means that Lucas will end up with a zero--and I think a score a lot closer to true zero than what Lupus got.

Lucas: 0% chance and 0% want
There are a solid dozen characters that we've rated that I feel have a 0% chance. I've been trying to determine in my head what character would be added last to this game if the roster size approached infinity. So far, I've been torn between two characters for the spot of "theoretical most unlikely newcomer;" it's been between Lupus (an extremely minor character owned by a rival company) and the Yarne/Owain tag-team (two minor characters that have very little to do with one another other than hailing from the same game). Today a third character has entered the playing field, and I think he might actually take the cake--he's a character from an old American movie who shares the same name as someone on the roster and is portrayed by a registered sex offender. Not going to happen until the roster is in the hundreds of thousands of characters, at the very least.

Masked Dedede Final Smash: 60% chance and 0% want
Hmm. I think it's very likely Dedede's Final Smash gets replaced. Not only does it need a buff, but it also may have placed strain upon the 3DS; additionally, Waddle Dees have left at least part of his moveset, so I wouldn't be surprised if they left the whole thing. Masked Dedede does seem like the most likely replacement in the likely event that the Waddle Dee Army gets replaced. However, I don't want this change--as lame as it may be, I adore his old final smash, and I also really want to see Masked Dedede as a full-fledged alternate costume.

x5 Phoenix Wright Trophy
It's time for one last OBJECTION!

DAY OVER

SO BAD

Groose

Smash Champion
Lucas
0.00% chance
1.80% want

One man's desire to beat the heck out of a sex offender kept Lucas from falling beneath Adam Malkovitch on the want chart. Lucas came very close to taking last place on both charts--but, like the actor who portrayed him, he ultimately failed.

Masked Dedede Final Smash
50.96% chance
58.44% want

The majority of the users on this board want to see Dedede clobbah dat dere Kirby. Since a mask may help with that, a number of people were down with the idea. It also turned out to be just over the 50% mark in chance.

Dang it. Are we really doing this? Are we really rating Brash the Friggin' Bear? @ BKupa666 BKupa666 : this is all your fault. For you non-DK fans, allow me to briefly describe just how irrelevant he is. Brash is a member of the Brothers Bear, a group of over a dozen NPCs in Donkey Kong Country 3. The bears fill roles no more important than that of item salesmen and sidequest givers; they're all incredibly minor in the one game that they appear in. Brash is a member of the group, and he is not any more important than any of his siblings--there's no particular reason the developers would select him over any of the other members of his group (or any reason they'd select him over main protagonists Dixie and Kiddy or main antagonist K. Rool or more important NPCs like the members of the Kong family). Brash is known for being a hot-head; if you beat his time on a certain level, he throws a tantrum so large that he opens up a branching path. That's it. That's the only time you ever have to see him. Oh, and he was even left out in Donkey Kong Land 3, a Gameboy title which follows the same basic structure as Donkey Kong Country 3. He's probably never going to be seen again. Don't be brash--give Brash no more than a 0.01% in chance today. Oh, and give whatever want score you want.

In addtion to Brash, we're rating Amazon Pandora. She's a boss character in Kid Icarus: Uprising, and she's the human form of Pandora, who is another boss fight. She's not quite as popular among the fans as Phosphora, who holds a similar role and made it as an assist trophy. Please rate Amazon Pandora in chance and want.

Tomorrow will probably come earlier. Normally I hold out for twenty-four hours before ending each day, but don't be surprised if this one only lasts twenty or less. I mean, it's Brash the Bear's day. Anyway, tomorrow is coming quickly and it will star the Double Cherry Item and Assist Trophy Frederick. Predict away!

Yo @ Groose Groose what happened to getting back to evening updates?
I was hanging out with a couple of my friends. Evening updates are helpful in that I actually get to sleep when I do them, but I'm not always at home in the evenings.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Brash
Chance: 1%
Want: 55% - I have no connection. But he's a Rare Bear not owned by Microsoft so I wouldn't mind.

Amazon Pandora
Chance: 4%
Want: 90% - I forgot about her until recently, but I would love to have her.

Predictions:
Frederick: 24%
Double Cherry: 35%

Nominations
Idolm@ster Rep x 5 (I made a thread for them!)

@ Groose Groose it's all good man.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Brash:
Chance: 0.04%
Want: 3%
No connection with the guy, I need to play DKC3. However, I'm too lazy to whip out the SNES due to it being incompatible with the FC Twin.

Amazon Pandora:
Chance: 2%
Want: 45%
I would've totally took her over Palutena. No joke. :lol:

Nominations:
M. Bison x3
Ken Masters x2

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Brash the Bear Likelihood: 0%
Want: 5%

Amazon Pandora Likelihood: .5%
Want: 20%

Karate Joe x5

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Groose, you should understand my rating here...
image.jpg

00.00%. Because these two ideas are yet another Turbo Pipe Dream and I love pulling this out from time to time.
Predictions:
Frederick AT-MILORD- 20%
Double Cherry- DIY Cloning- 10%

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Brash

Chance: 0.05%
Want: 1%

Amazon Pandora

Nomination

Andy x5

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Brash and Amazon Pandora

See that speculatory thread? I ruined that in 1:15:00. You couldn't do it in double that time.

Quadruple zeroes.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Brash the Bear

Chance: 0.1%
Still has a better chance than Ooccoo or Owain.

Want: 90%
For the potential lulz, which I can probably thank @ BKupa666 BKupa666 for introducing me to.

Amazon Pandora
Chance and Want: 1%
I'm very indifferent to Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Crash Brash

Chance and Want: Double Zeroes

We're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Amazon Pandora

Want: 50%

Last edited by a moderator:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
One day we need to actually troll one of these troll nominations and rate them exorbitantly high.

Here, I'll demonstrate.

Brash the friggin Bear: 80% Chance / 30% Want
Sakurai can make a moveset out of anything. Surely if he wanted to, he could make a moveset out for Brash the friggin Bear. Sakurai also likes picking unexpected characters and who better than Brash the Friggin Bear! They won't be expecting that, or so he thinks!

(for the record, the explanation was a joke but I'd like the rates to count. Please, oh great and wonderful Groose!)

Amazon Pandora:
80% Chance / 75% Want
Sakurai can make a moveset out of anything. Surely if he wanted to, he could make a moveset out for Amazon Pandora. Sakurai also likes picking unexpected characters and who better than Amazon Pandora! They won't be expecting that, or so he thinks!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Brash the Bear:

Chance: 100%
--Sakurai added the Wii Fit Trainer. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!
--Sakurai added Robin, who only appeared in one game.
--A generic Bear appeared in the recent Japanese e-Shop release of Donkey Kong Land 3. The Bears are not being forgotten.
--He's a supporting character from a single game in 1996, and reappeared on a single GBA game in the mid-2000's. Those sorts of characters are intensely popular and complete shoo-ins, at least if you repeat these facts enough times.
--We need more Bear Reps. The Bear demographic has no one they can relate to on the roster.
--No other character can hit you with an entire moveset of banging their fists to topple trees. SO UNIQUE!!
--Brash has had at least three dozen times the number of name-drops Wii Fit Trainer did on message boards. Because of this, he's an obvious, obvious guess if you just think about sales and logic.
--(May add more later)

Want: 100%
He's Brash the Friggin' Bear. 'Nuff said.

Abstain on Sakurai Baby #243

Nominate:
Brash the Friggin' Bear Revote x5

Last edited:

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
Brash
He IS more significant than the other bears in the sense that he's more adventurous, having been the only one to admit to actually having played through a level of the game and thereby being just a teensy bit more deserving of playable than the others.
AND HE'S A RARE BEAR!

Pandora: abstain

Nominations: x5 Rambi Assist Trophy

Last edited:

Hyle "Slush" Russell

Smash Cadet
Brash the Friggin' Bear:
100% Want / 25% Chance

Yeah, I'm deadly serious. I desperately want Brash Bear in Smash Bros. I've wanted him in the Mario sports titles for ages. He's the "athletic" Brother Bear from Donkey Kong Country 3 and he'd be an outside-the-box choice for fifth Donkey Kong character (after K. Rool and Dixie Kong, naturally), providing some variety in the bounty of DK newcomers sure to come. Plus, Sakurai can make a superstar out of anybody.

Amazing Pandora:
1% Want / 25% Chance

In my opinion Kid Icarus doesn't deserve a third rep at this stage in the series, but given that it's Sakurai's favorite I definitely think a third character is a possibility. Amazing Pandora has as good as shot as any I suppose.

Nomination:
Klubba (Donkey Kong Country 2) x5

Last edited:

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Brash Bear
Chance: 10%
You see, I am currently looking at the roster for the new Smash game, and I see ZERO BEARS! What the hell is this crap? I don't know about you, but if Tekken (created by Namco) can have a bear, then so should the biggest crossover of all time. Also, I believe Donkey Kong needs a third rep, and while K. Rool or Dixie have a fair shot at getting in, I think Brash Bear should step up. You guys don't understand how important Brash is to us loyal Donkey Kong fans. He is like our Ridley, except he isn't the main villain or laughable huge. I just don't understand how people would not want Brash the Bear in. And if you are saying I am crazy for wanting Brash, then look at Samurai, he added Wii Fit Trainer. I wanted him in Smash since the beginning.

Amazing Pandora
Chance: 5%
Not as significant as Brash.

ps: At least neither of them start with the letter J. I REALLY hate people whose name start with J's.
pss: MUH MEWTWO

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Brash the bear chances: 0 %
I didn't remember who he was so I'll just copy-paste Groose's post:
Groose said:
Dang it. Are we really doing this? Are we really rating Brash the Friggin' Bear? @@BKupa666: this is all your fault. For you non-DK fans, allow me to briefly describe just how irrelevant he is. Brash is a member of the Brothers Bear, a group of over a dozen NPCs in Donkey Kong Country 3. The bears fill roles no more important than that of item salesmen and sidequest givers; they're all incredibly minor in the one game that they appear in. Brash is a member of the group, and he is not any more important than any of his siblings--there's no particular reason the developers would select him over any of the other members of his group (or any reason they'd select him over main protagonists Dixie and Kiddy or main antagonist K. Rool or more important NPCs like the members of the Kong family). Brash is known for being a hot-head; if you beat his time on a certain level, he throws a tantrum so large that he opens up a branching path. That's it. That's the only time you ever have to see him. Oh, and he was even left out in Donkey Kong Land 3, a Gameboy title which follows the same basic structure as Donkey Kong Country 3. He's probably never going to be seen again.
Brash the bear want: 0 %
I played his game on the GBA but even then I don't remember about him lol. No thanks.

Amazon Pandora chances: abstain
I didn't played KIU and I'm not sure about the rating I would give her, but I think than it wouldn't be high anyway.

Amazon Pandora want: 0 %
I don't care about her and I don't want a such rule 34 subject to be playable in Smash. We already have Palutena for this role and at least she has obvious revelancy in the Kid Icarus universe, even for those like me who didn't played any Kid Icarus game.

Predictions:
Double cherry item: 13,72 %
Frederick assist trophy: 23,01 %

Nominating:
Playable newcommer: Magikarp x5
[Edit: it's so funny to see that it's currently just above Gyarados on the nomination list]

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Brash Chance: 0%
Joke nomination is so unlikely its not even funny.
DK newcomer that isn't K Rool? NO!

Amazon Pandora: Chance: 0%
Singular appearance, no importance whatsoever, will be lucky to be a regular trophy.
Give me Hades or give me death!
Or is that technically the same thing...

Nominations:
Rayman Rerate x5

Predictions: Frederick AT: 17.3%
Double Cherry: 11.2%

NoSongForSpiders

Smash Rookie
Brash Bear
Not the fighting bear we deserve, but the one we need right now.

Amazon Pandora
Want: 10%
Chance: .5%
I mean sure if we have a gajillion Kid Icarus guys then she's probably, like, seventh or eighth on the list. I'll take her over Dark Pit! Ha ha ha!

Nominating:
Stage boss: Belcha the barrel from Donkey Kong Country 3

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Brash Bear
Male circumcision and Brash Bear in Smash are a lot alike. It’s okay to have it, it’s okay not to have it…but there’s always gonna be that one kid who grows up and wishes he did.

(Go Brash Bear!)

Amazon Pandora
Want: 1%
Chance: 5%
Brash Bear needs Affirmative Action. Sorry Pandora!

Novaya_Russia

Smash Cadet
Ah, are we talking about one of video games' all-time greats, Brash Bear?

Brash Chances: 1% - Unfortunately, Donkey Kong isn't getting much love, and this would be a fairly deep character. Even if the circumstances were much more in this franchise's favor in some ungodly hypothetical sequel, I don't think he'd rise above like a 3%

Brash Want: 100% - Now, to be entirely fair, I would have some reservations about such a minor character taking a roster slot's resources and presentation. However, I am indeed only human, and I couldn't honestly say I'm not tickled pink when characters I love get attention, triply so when they're less mainstream. Brash Bear is all that, and also comes from an era of games I don't quite expect to ever see much reference to again. It would just blow my mind, and my heart, so hard if Brash were to be in Smash, that... I just have to lay that hundo out.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Amazon Pandora Chances: 4% - Kid Icarus may or may not get a third character, that isn't a clone, but I feel like even then Amazon Panda isn't the first choice. Not something beyond the realm of possibility, though.

Amazon Pandora Want: 15% - I don't precisely want Kid Icarus to get a third character, but it wouldn't be an absolute travesty if it happened. Sorry to be such a radical here, who-oah! But I do enjoy learning about franchises I haven't personally experienced, through Smash Brothers, and I would welcome at least the opportunity to become more versed in important (and reflexively, elevated in importance) Kid Icarus history.

Muffin Man

Smash Rookie
Brash Bear

Chance: 0.33625%

I would let Brash Bear sire my children. If I was a woman and if we were genetically capable of producing offspring together. And I guess it would help if he wasn't a fictional character in a video game.

Amazing Pandora

Chance: 78%

I don't like how she let all that stuff out of that box. But she has a cool music streaming website (and some sexy comics).

Last edited:

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
Brash Want: 100% - Look at my avatar. I'm fond of bears. I think they're cool.

Oh, and, you know, fondness for the Donkey Kong Country series and all that, I guess.

Brash Chance: 0% - It's not happening. I don't think I need to back up that assessment.

umphursmcgur

Smash Rookie

Look at that face. Those eyes. This is the face of a selfless, shining example of a good man. A man you'd trust watching your kids, or being alone with your wife. Hell I'd vote for the guy.

Brash Bear 2014.

Last edited:

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
Brash

Chance: 2% The cuties first party so 0 would be an insult
Want: 0% too bad chance has nothing to do with want

Pandora

Chance: 12% A first party character given personality by our lord and savior.
Want: 50% I love Pandora, I don't care which form. Her crazy yet fun personality is lovely.

I nominate Zoroark x5 The recent N tease along with our lord and saviors vague comment about the Pokemon in Greninjas trailer means that he SHOULD be the next one on, And @ Groose Groose you know it would be so much more interesting then what we have today. Don't disappoint me handsome ;)

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Brash Bear:
20% Chance / 100% Want

Self explanatory.

Amazon Primedora:
0% Chance / 0% Want

Self explanatory.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Brash the Friggin' Bear - 1000%

Well why wouldn't he get in? He's a bear! We don't have any playable bears in Smash yet! He's so much more relevant, important, well remembered and beloved by DK fans everywhere than K. Rool, who's just another reptile that would be a typical lazy Bowser clone and nothing more. And he runs fast! We need more speedy characters don't you agree!!!

Want - 1000000000000000000%

.... here I am putting in multiple spaces for buildup and still I couldn't think of a clever way to disregard the joke part of the post.

Actual Brash the Friggin' Bear chance.- 0%

Groose said it best.

Actual Want - 0%

Abstaining from Pandora.

Wreck-It Ralph x5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom