• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Mewtwo Chance: 75%
Mewtwo Want: 100%

King K. Rool Chance: 65%
King K. Rool Want: 95%

I won't go into too much detail about these two. Both of them really have every reason to be in the game at this point. The only things that are really against them are arbitrary ideas and theories. And with these last few reveals, I've noticed that a lot of these arbitrary ideas and theories actually mean nothing at all (shocking, I know).

And of course, I absolutely want both in because I believe they should be in. Simple.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I have to admit, it seems like a lot of people are really overrating both characters' chances. Isn't it still early to say they have chances of 75% or higher when K. Rool hasn't been in a DKC game recently and Mewtwo hasn't even been teased? Is that really enough to say they have a 3/4 chance or greater to make it?

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
KIng K. Rool
Chance: 60%
Want: 100%
It's no secret that I'm a fan of the guy, he's my number one most wanted character for the game. We are still low on villains (no new ones yet) and low on heavy weight characters (only one new one so far). He's got a LOT going for him. The lack of a new DK stage, kremlings in Smash Run, "Large Kremling" in Smash run, Gematsu's fall from grace, and the rumors of the Chunky Kong Assist Trophy (idk if that was deconfirmed or not). He's one of the most requested characters for the game, and he has a legitimate shot. However, he faces competition within his own series from Dixie Kong, as she is more relevant. However K. Rool has infinitely more moveset potential as Dixie could EASILY end up a clone. I hope this guy gets in. I really miss him in DK games, and an appearance in Smash could possibly spark a return to his own franchise, you never know

Mewtwo
Chance: 10%
Want: 60%
Unfortunately for Mewtwo, the only real things he's got going for him is a lack of villain newcomers (if you can call him that) and his immense popularity. We've got 4 Pokemon characters confirmed, and Jigglypuff being a likely return. I think we'll get 5 Pokemon characters, it makes sense for the 3 main Nintendo franchises to each have 5 official reps (Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon). 6 reps is possible (we kinda got it in Brawl), but I wouldn't count on him. I actually would like to see Jigglypuff get cut in favor of him. Jigglypuff hasn't had relevance to the franchise in a VERY long time (unless you count getting retyped to Fairy), and she's really only here based on her history. I mean, she was shoe-horned into Brawl late in development, so maybe she might miss the cut? I wouldn't really be upset if we don't see Mewtwo, but he's my preferred final pokemon rep

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
King K. Rool
Chance: 34% - His enormous popularity on Smashboards tends to make people here overrate him. Post-Rare Nintendo has done very little with him.
Want: 74% - Regardless, long live the King!!!!

Mewtwo
Chance: 60% - I'd say slightly more likely than not, he's more relevant than he's been in a long time and now has two Mega evolutions. Either Pokemon would have to get six reps or Jigglypuff would have to be cut.
Want: 87% - I miss him.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
King Kool (that's not a typo btw)
Chance: 99%
Basically everything BKupa said. Also the fact that they chose Robin over Chrom because Chrom "he lacks any unique characteristics". It could be the same case with Dixie (another chimp) and he'll choose K. Rool (frickin' awesome crocodile king) instead.
Most wanted character that's possible.

Mewtwo
Chance: 99.99%
I'm also pretty confident in Mewtwo. Him being cut from Brawl caused quite a lot of controversy and outcries from fans everywhere and I don't think he'll want to have that happen again. He was also alluded to in the Greninja trailer, so that says a lot right there.
Want: 70%
Personally I won't be too affected negatively if he isn't in mostly because he was "just okay" in Melee. I think he should be in because he's frickin' Mewtwo for Gaben's sake, he's like one of the most popular and most advertised Pokemon ever. If he's not in, then that would be on huge missed opportunity if I've ever seen it.

Last edited:

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Mewtwo

Chance: 90%,

What can I say? M2 is the OG of legendarys! He's a fan favorite for both old and new fans of Pokemon. He's appeared in 5 of the main games, starred in 4 of his own movies and is one of the few given two mega evolutions. He remains relevant and popular to this day. While Pokemon starters like Greninja and Sceptile feel like they are just fads, popular until the next set of starters shove them out, Mewtwo has kept his popularity consistently throughout the ages. Sakurai has even said to have tried include Mewtwo in every Smash, but couldn't either due to limitations or time constraints, Smash 4 has neither of those, so I think he may be in!

He remains one of my favorite pokemon to this day, and my favorite legendary of all time. I missed my opportunity to play as him in Melee, I'd love another opportunity in Sm4sh!

K.Rool

Chance: 80%

Arguably the most requested character in the West, K.Rool comes from a woefully under-represented franchise when it comes to Smash, old enough to get the "Retro" card, yet still surprisingly relevant in the DK series. K.Rool fills out many roles that have yet to be filled (New heavyweight, new Retro, DK rep). The only thing perhaps holding him back is maybe an overzealous copyright law from Micro-Rare, and perhaps a slight amount of competition against Dixie.

I love heavy brawlers in Smash, and Bowser and Dedede have disappointed me so far, so when I heard of a new potential heavy from one of my favorite franchises, I immediately booked a ticket on the hype train to Hypeville, Philadelphia! This guy oozes unique and has so much potential if he were to be in! I can't wait to play him!

Isaac: 25%
Snake: 75%

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Mewtwo:
Chance - 60%-70%
I was 14 when Brawl was released and every day I went on the Smash Bros Dojo to see if Mewtwo was announced. I was so heartbroken when I found out he didn't make it into the game. Im giving him a low chance because I don't want to be disappointed again.
Want - ∞%
I want him to be in the game so much it hurts.

King K. Rool:
Chance - NA
To be totally honest I don't know enough about the character to judge his chances.
I like his character design and I think he would be a really cool addition to the roster.

Last edited:

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
King K. Rool
Chance: 50%
Not very popular in games lately.
Want: 50%
I think Sakurai could do a great job with him. However I'd prefer Dixie over him.

Mewtwo
Chance: 85%
He is relevant and popular this days.
My favorite Pokemon. I loved when he made it in Melee. Cried when he was cut in Brawl. Hoping he comes back to me in Smash4.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
King K. Rool - 25%
Combined with Dixie's 25% yesterday the franchise moves back up to 50/50 chance of getting a newcomer post-Gematsu. K. Rool has the strong points of being the primary Donkey Kong villain as well as the DK character with the most moveset potential for Smash, but he suffers from the very simple reality that he hasn't been important to the franchise in years, with his last villain appearance being in the two King of Swing spin-off games and his last appearance in a main-series game being 1999's Donkey Kong 64. Being omitted from DKCR and Tropical Freeze is a pretty big deal that speaks volumes about his actual relevance within the Smash discussion despite a healthy pool of fan requests. He certainly could make the jump into the game, but it's far from likely at this point.
Want - 75% - I loved DK64 in particular, and while I'm not that much of a K. Rool fan per se, he definitely seems like he could make for a solid Smash character if given the chance.

Mewtwo - 75%
What gets me about Mewtwo is that he is one of the few, if not the only, character possibility that Sakurai has specifically responded to during SSB4 development. This is a character who is one of the most popular characters of all time from one of the most popular Nintendo franchises (heck, one of the most popular video game franchises) of all time; a character who is a Smash veteran with an established unique moveset and one who is more relevant to his own franchise currently thanks to X/Y than he has been since the original games premiered in the late 90s. With Gematsu not being as much of an obstacle as before, we can go right back to considering him a major candidate to return in SSB4 and the most likely of the Melee veterans that missed Brawl by a mile. He's not a guarantee, but it would honestly be surprising if he missed out on Smash a second game in a row.
Want - 75% - I'm growing more and more fond of the idea of Mewtwo's return over time. Great character that would make for a very hype return and one that clearly deserves the spotlight.

WildestSpade1

Smash Cadet
King K. Rool:
Chance: 40%
I'd give K Rool a less than 50/50 chance of being in the game as I don't think he is as popular in the community outside smashboards as people would like to believe. He certainly has a realistic chance, but I see him as one of the less likely of highly discussed characters here on smashboards.
Want: 80%
He seems awesome, but I'm not deeply connected with the character.

Mewtwo:
Chance: 60%
Mewtwo has a bit more than a 50/50 chance this time around. In a game that seems to acknowledge and correct some of the fans' faults with Brawl, Mewtwo's previous exclusion was most definitely reconsidered for this sequel. Also, time constraints should not be a factor affecting his inclusion or exclusion as believed to be the case in Brawl, meaning that another factor would have to restrain Mewtwo this time around. Due to his prominent appearances in the recent Pokemon games, movies, and continued popularity within the Pokemon community, I cannot think of any good reason not include him. A limited roster size combined with the current revealed Pokemon and highly expected Jigglypuff do prevent me from having the level of confidence I held a year ago; but, I will stand that there is a good (but not outstanding) chance that they are saving Mewtwo for the last Pokemon reveal.
My most wanted character. I love the character in Melee and Project M, so I would be overjoyed if he was in here as well.

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo
Chance 55%
Want 70%
At first Mewtwo was a must, Sakurai said he was even considering him as a character in a interview. But with Greninja around and I don't think we will get 6 Pokemon characters (It's a bit much) I think Jigglypuff will beat him to the punch; due to her being in every Smash game at this point. I mean don't get me wrong Mewtwo has been EXTREMELY popular character lately (even more than Jigglypuff) he has been in a lot of promotional art for Pokemon XY, he got 2 Mega Evolution's as well. But honestly he might just not make it due to Jigglypuff being in more Smash games. I want him more than Jigglypuff but I don't know if he could be a character though.

King K. Rool
Chance 40%
Want 50%
Well he is a villain character and that would be cool to have more. The kremlings where in Smash run (But I don't know if that means anything for him) I just honestly think Dixie Kong might beat him due to being more popular lately due to DKC:TF, but who knows Sakurai is known for bringing back older characters.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Mewtwo:
chance:65%
want:80%
Mewtwo has a pretty good chance with sakurai saying that he will consider him. I would love to see him back, but it is not live or death.

Kring K. Rool:
chance: 50%
want:70%
The kremlins in smash runs help his chances of getting in but not much. He would be great addtion to smash and I would love to see him in.

Groose

Smash Champion
I feel compelled to applaud you for the stunning originality you displayed in this post.
I'm about as original as Mewtwo himself.

In other words--not at all.

Oh for the love of ...

...in my defense, I had only read the posts people had tagged me in and the posts with giant pictures before saying that. I'd also like to point out that I've used that joke on previous ratings of Mewtwo.

...and even back then it was highly unoriginal!
The community is that harsh huh
No. It only gets bloody when Bandana Dee is around; we're normally a pretty friendly group. Many of Dee's detractor's--normally awesome guys--start openly laughing at the character and his fans just to get them riled up. Many of his supporters--who are usually great individuals--pretend like everyone who doesn't like Bandana Dee is an idiot. I have no idea why this happens, but it always does without fail.

I can't help but think that we're like a bunch of werewolves. Normally, we're a amicable and sociable group. However, when the moon is full and Bandana Dee starts skulking in the night, we all turn into a bunch of monsters.

K Rool days are incomplete without Bkupa's rate and nomination for Brash the Friggin' Bear
:laugh:
I hope you realize that we'll be rating him before the game ends.

...and if anyone gives him over a 0.00%, I'm banishing you from the game forever.

With the extra 5% going to Cranky Kong.
Many people have reported picking up Cranky trophies in Smash Run, and I believe there is video footage of it. Just letting you know!

Mewtwo: 80% chance and 100% want
Let's list everything going for Mewtwo, OK?
1) Possibly the most popular non-Brawl character in the world
2) Has been heavily promoted for the last two years
3) Appeared in Melee, planned for Brawl and 64
4) Sakurai was "thinking about it"
5) Debatably the most famous Pokemon not on the roster
So, he's got the Word of God, precedent, relevance, iconic status, and popularity. That's... a lot. I'm pretty certain that he'll make the cut, but it is possible that he was competing with Greninja (they had a spot for an X/Y 'mon reserved; could Mewtwo have been a candidate for that?), and it is possible that he'd be lower priority again.

As for want? I wasn't really that big on the Mewtwo train last year ("I had him once, so I don't need him again!"), but things changed when I was going through a bunch of stuff from my childhood. I really loved Mewtwo back then. I found a Mewtwo plush, Mewtwo trading cards, a Mewtwo action figure, the Mewtwo Strikes Back movie... it reminded me of how much the character means to me. I'm definitely behind his inclusion, but he's not quite as wanted as the next guy I'd like to talk about...

King K. Rool: 40% chance and 100% want
Yesterday I posted this:
30% chance of no DK newcomer
25% chance of K. Rool
15% chance of unique Dixie
15% chance of clone Dixie
10% chance of K. Rool and clone Dixie
5% chance of K. Rool and unique Dixie
Now, let me explain. I think it's pretty likely that they decided to include a Donkey Kong newcomer. The series is huge, yet the number of characters it has in Brawl does not indicate this. Additionally, people have been asking for a DK newcomer, the franchise is currently relevant, and there are still several good characters left to add.

The two major characters left that haven't been deconfirmed are Dixie Kong and King K. Rool. Dixie Kong is relevant, female, and is easy clone material--these are all things that Sakurai is apparently looking for, and I feel it gives her a slight edge over the Kompetition. Rool is no slouch, though--he's got the edge in popularity (and was leagues ahead of Dixie when the roster was being decided) and more obvious moveset potential. I feel that he's got a greater chance of making it in as more than a clone than Dixie even if she has the edge overall.

I can't say that I expect him, not can I say I expect Dixie. I think one of them will get in, and I think both of them have a very good shot (with the slight edge to Dixie). However, I want K. Rool far more than I want Dixie. From the time I was nine I always wanted to play as K. Rool, and Barrel Blast didn't exactly satisfy my desire. He's my most wanted beyond a shadow of a doubt, and I hope that he defies my expectations and shows up to Krash the Kompetition.

DAY OVER

KREMLINGS MARCH AGAIN!

BE PREPARED!

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I have to admit, it seems like a lot of people are really overrating both characters' chances. Isn't it still early to say they have chances of 75% or higher when K. Rool hasn't been in a DKC game recently and Mewtwo hasn't even been teased? Is that really enough to say they have a 3/4 chance or greater to make it?
If people consider Shulk a lock in based on an inaccurate leak then I see no problem in treating Mewtwo has one

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Mewtwo
Chances: 90%
One of the most requested characters around the world, has gotten a big second wind with the movie and Mega Evolution jettisoning him up to new heights, and all around just a very popular character that many miss from Melee. All of those together makes me think he's a very likely choice to rejoin the roster.

Not at the top of my list for most wanted Pokémon/characters like he was before, but still a character I think should return.

King K. Rool
Chances: 65%
He's a notable character from his franchise, very popular and pretty requested. Also, while he has been out of the limelight in recent years, the Kremlings reappearing do show that even the old is still being considered. So there are good merits to consider for the character, it's just a question of if he'll be tapped.

One of my most wanted characters, I'd be happy to see him playable.

Groose

Smash Champion
King K. Rool
60.49% chance (was 53.62%)
80.84% want (was 80.53%)

No monkey with a ponytail is capable of committing regicide; even though Dixie's chance score went up, K. Rool's managed to rise as well. Oddly, his want score remained virtually identical to what it was before. Unfortunately, that just isn't good enough; he's now exactly a tenth of a percent behind Shulk for the title of our most wanted newcomer.

And, as I was typing Mewtwo's section, we had a late rating come in from Arcanir. Just as I always include ratings made after I end the day but before I start the next one, I included his. The result? His want rose by a fifth of a percent, and he defeated Shulk. Sorry, Shulk, but the future of the title "Most Wanted" doesn't belong to you.

Mewtwo
75.56% chance (was 66.93%)
78.18% want (was 78.21%)

As with K. Rool, Mewtwo's chance score increased by nearly ten percent. As with K. Rool, Mewtwo's want score remained almost identical to what it was before. Seriously, it's scary how closely we were able to replicate our previous want scores. That's amazing from a statistical point of view... it's like cloning data.

Today it's time for Snake and Isaac. Yesterday I hinted that there was some reason I grouped the two of them together for today's rating. I was making stuff up as I went along--I have no idea why I grouped the two together! Anyway, please rate Isaac of Golden Sun and Solid Snake of Metal Gear in chance and want.

Tomorrow? It's time for some Super Mario discussion! Please predict how Doctor Mario and Bowser Jr. will fare! Also note that nominations are still on hold, and that Pichu has been replaced by Black Shadow on our schedule.
Schedule:
Day 279: Shulk, Chorus Kids, and Gematsu
Day 280: Dark Pit and Roy
Day 281: Dixie Kong and Lucas
Day 282: K. Rool and Mewtwo

Day 283: Snake and Isaac
Day 284: Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr.
Day 285: Takamaru and Black Shadow

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Snake
Chance: 10%, I think its incredibly unlikely Snake is coming back at this point, and the longer it goes without info on him, the lower his chances drop.
Want: 0%, couldn't care less. I don't think Snake fits as a Smash character and I'd rather they just replaced Snake with an Advance Wars rep or something.

Isaac
Chance: 60%, there is nothing against him, and the fact that his Assist Trophy hasn't appeared yet makes me very suspicious about his potential inclusion. But I still think the odds of him being in are quite likely.
Want: 100%, he'd be a great character and Golden Sun deserves representation.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Snake
Chance: 65%

The reason why Snake chances are sort of low is because we are not sure how many Third Party spaces there are or if Snake is top priority. His Unique moveset may help him in this struggle.

Want: 45%

I don't necessarily hate Snake, but I would not miss him. I don't like how the majority of his next gen titles are mainly going to be on competitors consoles. Because of this, I see Snake as a traitor of sorts and I don't like traitors.

Isaac
Chance: 57%

I support Isaac, but I will not lie and say I think his chances are too great. We have got no word of Golden Sun in SSB4 as of yet; however, it is good that we have not seen Isaac. His chances are increased by having a unique moveset that screams to be made, if Sakurai takes the plunge.

Want: 83%

I did not grow up playing Golden Sun; in fact, I only know about the series because Isaac showed up in Brawl. But since I gave the game a try, I know I would love to have him in. Another Nintendo rep from the 2000 Nintendo Era would be swell to me and having another unique character would do the roster wonders.

On a side note:

Unfortunately, that just isn't good enough; he's now exactly a tenth of a percent behind Shulk for the title of our most wanted newcomer.

I don't know if this is a joke of sorts Groose, but Mewtwo would be the most wanted Veteran, not a newcomer. (Though, being the most wanted Veteran is a great feat).

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
I don't know if this is a joke of sorts Groose, but Mewtwo would be the most wanted Veteran, not a newcomer. (Though, being the most wanted Veteran is a great feat).
That part was written about King K. Rool. I wish that he were a veteran, but alas...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That part was written about King K. Rool. I wish that he were a veteran, but alas...
Oh...I read that wrong then. Thanks for helping me understand. (I just thought it was directed at Mewtwo, since the sentence was right after Mewtwo, ^_^; )

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Isaac Chance: 15% Still as low as I always rated him. Although the potential is there, the most notable problem (the problem people expecting Isaac ignore) with Golden Sun getting a playable character is Dark Dawn's failure in terms of quality (and the marketing). I personally think this decline will have a big effect on Isaac's inclusion and that he will be an AT again. If he's not playable in Smash 4, there's already Isaac in SSF2 as playable character as an alternative.

Snake Chance: 49% It's always going to be a 50/50 chance, it's at 49% because I feel more confident that Snake is not coming back and that we will just get the big three third-parties in the roster.

Doctor Mario Prediction: 4.56% I'm not expecting people to bump up the ratings, because I'm sure people will be extremely biased.

Bowser Jr. Prediction: 13.45% I have nothing to say about him other than a few over the top ratings that he will get.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Abstaining from Isaac.

Snake - 70%

Honestly, I'll admit that he's looking to be one of the more likely cuts at this point, but at the same time I'm not so convinced that's the case. The biggest (and one of the few) things that hurt him IMO, is that we've got two more third-;party characters revealed alon That's still not enough to convince me he's out of the running, not nearly enough. The impact he made on the Smash fanbase was tremendous. I'm fully aware that some of you and many others didn't care for his inclusion for varying reasons, but overall, Snake's inclusion and the way he was handled in Brawl was very well received. I'll also add that Sakurai has stated in the past that they are well aware that every character has their fans and they were intent on bringing back everyone they could. This certainly isn't enough to say Snake is close to guarantee, the chance that he's cut is definitely there. I don't think Snake is more likely cut than not, but he's definitely among those that were on the chopping block at some point, and as more and more characters are getting revealed, he's looking to be one of the few characters in that position. Either way, the decision was likely made very long ago already. We'll just have to wait and see.

Want - 95%

No personal connection, but I do like how he was handled in Brawl as well, and I'd feel really bad for his fans if he didn't return.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
:snake: Chance: 30% We haven't seen him yet, he's third party and thus has to be revealed before release and there's two major events left(SDCC, and the August direct) but I don't think he's going to show up in those. But I gave him 30% because of those events.

Want: 65% His moveset was cool but I didn't really get the hang of it and I'm not much of a Metal Gear fan.

Issac- Chance: 52% We haven't seen him as an assist trophy yet although it was unlockable in Brawl I think.

Want: 50% Not much of a Golden Sun fan, but I wouldn't mind if he got in.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Isaac Chances: 68%
The phynergy using, sword wealding, completley AWSOME character is almost certan to get in...
If he wasn't a newcomer. He's unique and decently popoular yes, but with little to no nods from nintendo my skeptical side kicks in. He deserves a spot yes, but with the limited number of videos remaning is that really the case?

Isaac Want: 92%
If isaac is all we have in the newcomer department, ill be disapointed, but hype. Then again im still hyped out over Robin so maybe not.

SNAKE CHANCES: 10%
Probably the most likely Not-newcomer 3rd party side. Still not to likely though. He dosent really fit with the new stile and no matter what they say, he dosent really have anything that makes him deserve to be back thatv they coulden't give to a more fitting representitive.

SNAKE WANT: 40%
Meh whatever. Hes in hes in, hes not hes not. I dont care as long as he dosen't block Sami's chance i dont care. Which I feel he might do if he makes it.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Isaac:
Chance: 70%
Why is his score so high? Well, you see... he's a... Golden Sun is... yeah I got nothing in my defense. I'm just really biased:dizzy:.

Snail:
Chance: 30%
The Rayman trophy improved his chances, but I still don't see him as likely.
Want: 50%

Predictions:
Dr. Mario: 8.5%
BJ prediction: 10.00%

SSF2 as playable character as an alternative.
What is this "SSF2" you are referencing?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isaac Chances: 68%
The phynergy using, sword wealding, completley AWSOME character is almost certan to get in...
If he wasn't a newcomer. He's unique and decently popoular yes, but with little to no nods from nintendo my skeptical side kicks in. He deserves a spot yes, but with the limited number of videos remaning is that really the case?

Isaac Want: 92%
If isaac is all we have in the newcomer department, ill be disapointed, but hype. Then again im still hyped out over Robin so maybe not.

SNAKE CHANCES: 10%
Probably the most likely newcomer 3rd party side. Still not to likely though. He dosent really fit with the new stile and no matter what they say, he dosent really have anything that makes him deserve to be back thatv they coulden't give to a more fitting representitive.

SNAKE WANT: 40%
Meh whatever. Hes in hes in, hes not hes not. I dont care as long as he dosen't block Sami's chance i dont care. Which I feel he might do if he makes it.
Snake wouldn't be a newcomer...

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
*Throws away box*
Its show time!

Isaac:
Chance: 60% I don’t think his chances are that bad. First off, people saying his series is dead are extraordinarily wrong when a game came out 4 years ago. Secondly, he hasn’t been deconfirmed yet, and is one of the obvious choices to grab from an IP without any playable reps after Punch-Out! and newer series.

Want: 100% After RH and Xenoblade, I’d say Golden Sun deserves to get a playable character next; Isaac just has way to much potential to be a perfect fighter. His hair is also kind of cute.

Snake:
Chance: 77%
I’ve been planning this one for days. Many of these inspired by the lovable Snake thread:
[Collapse=Positives]
Praised as a “Superb addition” by Sakurai, the first third party character in Smash Bros, not overshadowed by Sonic to Sakurai, Sakurai hates cuts.

Goes without saying. He’s pretty important to Smash Bros. Nearly every interview that mentioned third-party before 2014 had Sakurai mention “Snake and Sonic”, so he’s not bias in one direction. Sakurai knows there’s a great fanbase for every character in Smash Bros, and I’m sure it would punish him to cut Snake, especially since his inclusion made a different audience want to play the game.

Metal Gear Solid 3D came out a few months before development started.

One of the best things he has going for him, and the perfect reason “He’s not on Nintendo” means nothing. Kid Icarus Uprising and Fire Emblem Awakening came out slightly before development started, and they’re getting a great bundle of love in this game. It’s definitely an ace for why Snake may return (or Big Boss will take his place), especially considering how much love that game got from Nintendo (You could shotgun Yoshi!). His current status with MGSV wouldn’t mean anything, unless they’ll axe him mid development for not watering it down for Wii U (like MGS4, rite?)

Sakurai’s 2012 tweet:

This tweet means, in early development phases, Metal Gear was on his mind. So he didn’t forget about Snake. Hey, I thought his Crush 40 tweet meant Sonic was returning, and I thought his Shulk tweet meant Shulk was joining, and look how that’s going!

Nobody saying “No”

This is another good point. Watch the Smash Bros talk at about 28:43 in the video:
And watch around 6:45 of this video:

Notice: These 2 have not said flat out “no”. “IDK” and “Um…we have not announced um…Solid Snake yet” were the responses. So his chances aren’t hurt by it at all, and we can give him brownie points for not getting killed off yet.

Also, that laughter was uncanny. I won’t bring that up into a factor, since maybe Kojima laughed at the random question, but I do think it’s the “hiding something” kind of laughter.

Choking animation:

This one is somewhat of a push, but if people bring up “sleep is in this game” in favor of Jigglypuff, then I shall bring this up:

See how Fox is grasping for his neck? It’s similar to the animation characters used while grabbed by Snake in Brawl. That was literally the only time that animation was ever used in Brawl, to my memory.

Now think, they brought tripping back and its primarily used by Diddy Kong, but also appears in some other ways such as the Tingle AT (I think)…this can be a case of recycling animations/mechanics for an item that are also used in a moveset.

Rayman trophy:

Okay, this is only worth a mention: If they went out to Ubisoft just for a Rayman trophy, why would they not go out to Konami for a popular fighter? Its only worth a mention since it can be nothing, but its pretty bad if they only went to Ubisoft for that but didn't do a thing with Konami.

[/collapse]
[collapse=Negatives]

…Or negative counters.

“He doesn’t fit.”

*Sigh* Smash Bros is a crossover. It’s never been about fitting in when choosing the roster; they make the character fit in. I will admit, his neck snapping was a little harsh for this type of game, but if they had that before, I doubt this would suddenly be a reason Sakurai won’t add him in again. Compared to some of the stuff he does in Metal Gear, the stuff he does in SSB isn’t that out of place either.

“He’s not on Nintendo.”

Read: Positives: Metal Gear Solid 3D.

“Kojima said idk.”

Actually, Trolljima said “(Uncanny asian laughter) idk!” As mentioned, Kojima could have just said flat out “No” if he knew he’s out, and couldn’t if he was in. Not to mention, a Sega developer and Namco developer said the exact same thing on Sonic and Pac-Man, so it really doesn’t hurt his chance.

“Shiek stole his grenades; Zero Suit Samus stole his Final Smash!”

I know. This is why I give up. It’s done. Snake will never return! They gave similar attacks to other fighters! Goodbye, Snake, you will never join again because of these copycat chicks.

“He hasn’t been revealed yet. They would have revealed him before Pac-Man if he was still in.”

Oh really? Really?! Watch, there will be a live stream, be it for an event or Nintendo Direct, where the world will explode with surprise as soon as they hear:

“Kept you waiting, huh?”

“He’s Third Party.”

And this is the only reason I can’t give him a higher score. Third Party isn’t as easy to get as others after all. However, I doubt it’ll be that much of a problem if Sakurai can get Rayman just for a trophy. Also, I believe the limit to 3 3rd party characters exist as much as the 2 FE character limit does: False crap made by the Smash community. There is no limit, at least low enough to squeeze a veteran in.

…In case you didn’t get it, there’s pretty much no real negative against him besides being third party. I suppose people can take the Kojima comment the other way though.[/collapse]

Want:
100% I don't say that just because his Brawl appearance got me into MGS, but because he deserves it completely. As the first third party character and the one who brings out the most variety to the table, the game just won't feel right without Snake, and it would surpass Brawl in every way to me if Snake returns.

Last edited:

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Snake
Chance 5% percent I don't see him returning for this iteration of smash and honestly I won't shed any tears if he is gone
Want 0%
Issac 50% he hasn't been deconfirmed as an assist yet
Want 80%

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Snake -
50% Chance
50% Want

I am completely unable to predict if he'll be in based on anything, and I'm completely neutral to his inclusion

Isaac -
65% Chance
75% Want

A good chance for a unique fighter who still has a shot (AT importance in Brawl), maybe he's getting the Little Mac treatment

andimidna

Smash Master
Wow, Shulk was that close to becoming our most wanted newcomer?
Everyday is Monado Monday on Smashboards!

Ok, time for my pessimism.
Snake:
Chance: 15%
He makes sense, but there's too much evidence going against him at this point to think he's more likely than not. I'll let other people do the long explanation posts. :p
Want: 80%
This would be a pleasant surprise.

Isaac:
Oh man. I used to rate Isaac so highly.
In 2013 I thought he had a 55% chance. In early 2014 I thought he had a 51% chance. After Part 2 of the Gematsu Leak I thought he had a 41% chance. Leading up to E3 I thought he had a 37% chance. After E3 I thought he had a 33% chance. After that tweet by the MS developer I thought he had a 31% chance. After Sakurai said they were near the end of the newcomer trailers I thought he had a 25% chance. After Robin was confirmed I thought he had a 23% chance. After the confirmation of clone newcomers I thought he had an 18% chance. And just after the last week went by, I've lost another percent of hope in Isaac.
Chance: 17%
There probably aren't that many unique characters left. And I don't think Isaac is that high of a priority. Characters like Ridley and K Rool have to be in IMO. They have to be there, and they have to be unique.
I can no longer give him a 50+ score when there hasn't really been anything in all of this time that has helped him out (except not being deconfirmed, but a lot of characters aren't deconfirmed :p). It doesn't make much sense to me to say any character is probably in without at least a hint. I see no signs of Isaac or Golden Sun anywhere. I think our remaining unique Newcomers will be Shulk, K Rool, Ridley, and the Chorus Kids. With Ghirahim and Takamaru as maybes. And our clone newcomers will be Dixie Kong, Impa or Ghirahim, and Daisy. With Takamaru, Bowser Jr, Medusa, Black Shadow, and Blaziken or Sceptile as maybes. *sigh* I really wish I could put Isaac on that list and actually believe in it. He does deserve it, at least he'll always have his assist trophy. Hopefully Golden Sun gets a stage too this time, right?
Want: 99%
Of course. Even after I believe it won't realistically happen, I would still love it. I love most surprises.
And hey, a lot of characters have been getting confirmed right as a start to doubt them.

Pre:
Bowser Jr: 14%
A small boost from his previous 10% score
Dr. Mario: 7.5%
There will be a lot of higher ratings with "easy last minute clone that would get **** own slot because he is slightly different with his pills"
And a lot of lower ratings with "well if Mewtwo and Roy can't return he certainly has no shot"
It will be mixed, but still lower than Bowser Jr.

x5 Being allowed to nominate things on scheduled weeks after reveals :p

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Snake:
Chance: 85% I can see him returning
Want: 100% why wouldn't you want another character? are you mad? I think Snake is very unique and I would be very sad if he doesn't make it

Issac:
Chance:
70% I think he is very unique and he was also an assist trophy in Brawl, i say that helps his chances
Want: 100% I haven't played any of his games but I would love to see him join!

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Isaac
Chance: 29% - Golden Sun may not be dead, but it has seriously suffered from a lowering profile in the past few years. I think we should wait until we know all the Assist Trophies before we credit him with not appearing as one.
Want: 89% - One of my most wanted newcomers.

Snake
Chance: 50% - It's a coin flip
Want: 24% - I can't say I'd miss him too much.

Predictions:
Dr Mario - 8%
Bowser Jr - 13%

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Snake
Chance:80%
I honestly feel like he's very likely to return. If he wasn't 3rd party his chance would probably be up to 95%, but alas, he isn't. I just don't see much going against him that Brawl didn't utterly destroy.

Want:99%
My most wanted veteran to return. (Even more than Mewtwo, and that's saying a lot) Although I haven't played any of his games yet, I just downloaded MGS1 from the PSN and plan on playing it tomorrow, so he may become even more wanted than Vaati to me if I turn out to love his games. You've also got to love his moveset in Brawl also.

Isaac:
Chance:65%
He's got the large popularity and moveset potential, and was also included in Brawl as an Assist and got a piece of music from his game too. The only thing really going against him is Matthew, who I've heard is supposed to be the actual main character of the franchise, and Isaac was only the prologue.

Want:70%
I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him in, and it may help Camelot make the 4th game, so I'm all for it.

D

Deleted member

Isaac

Chance: 20%
Want: 40%

Snake

Chance: 30% - Probably not going to make it but I'd like to be proven wrong
Want: 70% - Would be disappointing to see him go but eh, I won't cry about it like Big Boss here

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
There's really no way to call out any chances on Snake, as with the nature of third parties, he's either in or out.
Chance: -?
However, taking into consideration the countless pieces of evidence towards his inclusion, and the fact that the only reason anyone ever tries to bring him down is because they either don't like him, or use half arsed excuses like "doesn't fit in"... It would be foolish to rate him low. In regards to my own wants, he's currently my most awaited veteran, though mostly just to have closure.
Hypothetical Chance: 50%

Isaac-
Want: 50% I don't care whether he makes it or not, he looks like a decent enough addition.

Chance: 30% I think Little Mac stole his thunder, we're likely not to get a second assist trophy upgrade.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Isaac
Chance - 5%
Just doesn't seem very likely, imo

Want - 55%
Sure, he'd be cool. It'd be an interesting surprise. I just have higher preference for others (Ridley, K. Rool, Shulk, RH rep)

Snake
Chance - 4%
It bothers me to see him as likely when it's been so long and we're so close to release and he hasn't been revealed. A third party character is supposed to be a big deal, and I get the feeling that him not being revealed yet bodes badly for the character.
Also, we have three third parties right now. I think that's enough.

Want - 0%
I care extremely little about Snake. Even less than before ... and with each passing second I care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom