• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty then.

Lucas:
Chance: 75%
I wouldn't ever have doubted him if it wasn't for the gematsu leak which which now is an unreliable source. Clones and semi-clones are back and Sakurai had wanted him in since Melee so he has Sakurai's support. So yeah, I don't see him going anymore.
Want:70%
I've always liked playing him more than Ness so I think it'd be a shame to see him gone.

Dixie:
Chance: 80%
Okay, so the arguments against Dixie:
  • Tropical Freeze is too new
  • Would be a clone
  • K Rool
I don't really find any of these to be any big detractors for her chances. Newcomer clones are back because Lucina is in. It is likely Lucina was a late addition to the roster because her only difference from Marth is her sword doesn't have a tipper and the damage is spread equally about. Heck, she was originally going to be an alt for Marth. Personally, I can't see Dixie being a clone. Sure they have similar structures but Dixie has enough tools to use outside her hair that would make her unique in her own right (bubble gum (popgun), guitar most notably). Plus, we've had similarly structured characters in past Smash's. I've used this example multiple times to argue my point but Dixie and Diddy are really no different from Kirby and Jiggs. Both have similar structures but both have different abilities that make them unique. So yeah, clone or not, it wouldn't be too difficult to make her.

Then there's K Rool. Frankly, I don't think Dixie and K Rool are competing anymore. I believe both will get in now due to the gematsu death and Fire Emblem getting 4. If FE can get 4, I have no doubt DK can't and as I said before, it wouldn't be too hard to make her playable.

I'll admit the 'too new' argument does hold some merit as so far all the DK representation revealed has been from Returns or the classic titles but I really don't think we should count it out yet. DK is getting very little representation as is which is weird for one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. And I think we're all forgetting how new X and Y is and it got it's own rep. TF was planned to be released less than a month after X and Y but was delayed until next year. It wouldn't be a stretch to say Sakurai new about Dixie's inclusion.

But the main reason I think she has a very solid shot is because she was meant to be in Brawl. Now one can argue that Sakurai doesn't g back to every character h considers but at the very least he's done it before multiple times. Lucas in Melee, Mewtwo in 64 and Brawl (though he is yet to be announced this time), DeDeDe for Melee. Dixie I think is important enough to the DK franchise like Mewtwo or Lucas is the their respective franchises that I can easily see Sakurai revisiting her.

But then, oh dear, unlike the others she was supposed to be with Diddy. I can't see this being a big detractor of her chances. It is unlear why Saurai dropped her after they couldn't get the partner mechanic to work properly, perhaps it was time constraints or maybe Sakurai didin't think she was worthy of being playable without Diidy to back her up. If that were the case then why has Sakurai change his mind on Villager when he was "unfit to battle". Pac-Man was also considered by Sakurai (though it was Miyamoto tried to push Pac's inclusion but failed). So yeah, I think the fact that Dixie was considered greatly boosts her chances.

Lastly, she's another female which are definitely getting more attention this time and Dixie is an obvious choice for female representation.

Want: 100%
What were you expecting? I wrote a freaking essay!

Predictions:
Mewtwo - 89.45%
K Rool - 67.56%
(Yeah, I don't know either)

Noms
5 x tell me Groose what your nomination is going to be

Dixie Kong: 40% I see her as pretty likely considering newcomer clones are confirmed to be back.
Want: 0% I want King K. Rool in so bad.
I don't mean to tell you your ratings are wrong or something like that but the general assumption for 'pretty likely' is over 50% chance. Are you sure you don't want to rethink your wording here.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Dixie Kong:

Chance: 80%.
Dixie Kong has a lot going for her. She's been the star of her own game. She was planned to appear in Brawl. At worst, she's an easy semi-clone of Diddy Kong. King K. Rool has more in his favour, but Dixie Kong is not far behind at all. I think they are both very likely to happen.

Want: 55%. I have no personal connection to the character, but I don't mind her at all.

Lucas:

Chance: 100%. Yeah. I rarely give 100% chance ratings, but there it is. Lucas is definitely making the cut. All of the Brawl veteran fighters that were speculated to be cut, such as Ike and Lucario, and especially Toon Link, are back, and not only that, if Toon Link is any inidcation, they were actually high priority characters being worked on before most newcomers. What's more, Lucina is a newcomer, and also a clone. There's absolutely no reason to think he's cut. I never believed Gematsu leak saying he could be cut, and now that it is proven unreliable, I have no doubt at all he is returning.

Want: 70%. He's among my least favorite Brawlers, but once you're a Smash veteran you're special in my eyes, and I know someone else who shares that exact same view (his name is Masahiro Sakurai)

----

Mewtwo prediction: 87%.
King K. Rool prediction: 68%.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Alrighty then.

Lucas:
I wouldn't ever have doubted him if it wasn't for the gematsu leak which which now is an unreliable source. Clones and semi-clones are back and Sakurai had wanted him in since Melee so he has Sakurai's support. So yeah, I don't see him going anymore.
I've always liked playing him more than Ness so I think it'd be a shame to see him gone.

Dixie:
  • Would be a clone
  • K Rool
I don't really find any of these to be any big detractors for her chances. Newcomer clones are back because Lucina is in. It is likely Lucina was a late addition to the roster because her only difference from Marth is her sword doesn't have a tipper and the damage is spread equally about. Heck, she was originally going to be an alt for Marth. Personally, I can't see Dixie being a clone. Sure they have similar structures but Dixie has enough tools to use outside her hair that would make her unique in her own right (bubble gum (popgun), guitar most notably). Plus, we've had similarly structured characters in past Smash's. I've used this example multiple times to argue my point but Dixie and Diddy are really no different from Kirby and Jiggs. Both have similar structures but both have different abilities that make them unique. So yeah, clone or not, it wouldn't be too difficult to make her.

Then there's K Rool. Frankly, I don't think Dixie and K Rool are competing anymore. I believe both will get in now due to the gematsu death and Fire Emblem getting 4. If FE can get 4, I have no doubt DK can't and as I said before, it wouldn't be too hard to make her playable.

I'll admit the 'too new' argument does hold some merit as so far all the DK representation revealed has been from Returns or the classic titles but I really don't think we should count it out yet. DK is getting very little representation as is which is weird for one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. And I think we're all forgetting how new X and Y is and it got it's own rep. TF was planned to be released less than a month after X and Y but was delayed until next year. It wouldn't be a stretch to say Sakurai new about Dixie's inclusion.

But the main reason I think she has a very solid shot is because she was meant to be in Brawl. Now one can argue that Sakurai doesn't g back to every character h considers but at the very least he's done it before multiple times. Lucas in Melee, Mewtwo in 64 and Brawl (though he is yet to be announced this time), DeDeDe for Melee. Dixie I think is important enough to the DK franchise like Mewtwo or Lucas is the their respective franchises that I can easily see Sakurai revisiting her.

But then, oh dear, unlike the others she was supposed to be with Diddy. I can't see this being a big detractor of her chances. It is unlear why Saurai dropped her after they couldn't get the partner mechanic to work properly, perhaps it was time constraints or maybe Sakurai didin't think she was worthy of being playable without Diidy to back her up. If that were the case then why has Sakurai change his mind on Villager when he was "unfit to battle". Pac-Man was also considered by Sakurai (though it was Miyamoto tried to push Pac's inclusion but failed). So yeah, I think the fact that Dixie was considered greatly boosts her chances.

Lastly, she's another female which are definitely getting more attention this time and Dixie is an obvious choice for female representation.

Predictions:
Mewtwo - 89.45%
K Rool - 67.56%

Noms

I don't mean to tell you your ratings are wrong or something like that but the general assumption for 'pretty likely' is over 50% chance. Are you sure you don't want to rethink your wording here.
Those arguments against her aren't good arguments at all, Tropical freeze has likely been in development for years, sakurai would've known about it and even if he didn't, the game was supposed to come out in november last year, just one month after X and Y yet, as you said, we've got greninja.
(I'm guessing development started shortly after returns' release)
There is nothing suggesting dixie would be a clone of diddy other than having a similar build and being monkeys, dixie has her own set of abilities and skills that she could use. Also there is nothing to suggest she was gonna be paired with diddy in brawl

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Those arguments against her aren't good arguments at all, Tropical freeze has likely been in development for years, sakurai would've known about it and even if he didn't, the game was supposed to come out in november last year, just one month after X and Y yet, as you said, we've got greninja.
(I'm guessing development started shortly after returns' release)
There is nothing suggesting dixie would be a clone of diddy other than having a similar build and being monkeys, dixie has her own set of abilities and skills that she could use. Also there is nothing to suggest she was gonna be paired with diddy in brawl
Actually, that was confirmed, Sakurai stated she was planned to be paired with Diddy in Brawl in one of his many post-Brawl interviews. That's the only member of the "Forbidden Seven" we know anything about.

Alrighty then.

Lucas:

Dixie:
  • Would be a clone
  • K Rool

Predictions:
Mewtwo - 89.45%
K Rool - 67.56%

Noms

This, exactly. I fully agree, Dixie and K. Rool aren't competing anymore, we know multiple characters per franchise can happen, and the likelihood is quite high than based on the popularity of DKCR and how well the series has sold in general we will get two DK newcomers. Prior to Lucina I had my doubts (but still believed it was possible), now I believe its incredibly likely we will get both.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
http://smashboards.com/threads/diddy-dixie-what-could-have-been.144627/

Here's the full writeup apparently: http://www.geocities.jp/bgrtype/gsl/words2/dairantosmabrax/smashbrothersx.html

I can't seem to find actual magazine scans.

EDIT:
The writeup in the first article translates to (using Google Translate):

In fact, Diddy Kong was going to get a pair and Dixie Kong. Going such a system to instantly replace two people in each time you touch the key. I've cut and early if there is a hard part in various ways.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lucas:

Chance: 100% - Same biased score I gave him during the previous re-rate. I previously disregarded that part of the leak because it didn't give a conclusive answer, which seemed pretty shifty if the same guy could say (with a straight face apparently) that left field characters like Wii Fit Trainer and Chrous Kids would 100% be playable. Some people even thought Lucas could be cut before this guy brought it up. No one thought of the Wii Fit Trainer of the Chrous Kids before their confirmation/leak/whatever. I always found it odd that he couldn't give a definitive answer on something that was already speculated by others. And now with the claims of later emails called into doubt, this is even more fishy. And with Lucina's confirmation, the number one reason people say Lucas should be cut can now be refuted without complaining about what the definition of a clone is. In fact, Lucas has less in common with Ness than Lucina does with Marth. I had utmost confidence he would be playable previously, but now there is no room for doubt.

Want: 95% - I don't use him that much in Brawl anymore, but it would make me really sad if he was removed. I would love to see him return. He is one of the only characters left I actually care about at this point.

Dixie Kong:

Chance: Abstain - I can't really form an accurate or fair opinion here.

Want: 50% - Eh? Having not played a DK game, all judgments would be strictly toward how she plays, and she would have to get in for that to happen.

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
Dixie:
Chance:
70% If the franchise is getting another rep (which I think most of us are hoping it will), with addition to this seeming to be the Smash of kickass female characters, then I don't see why Dixie wouldn't stand a chance. Of course you could argue that K. Rool still exists and might stop her from getting in, but after the amazing Robin reveal, showing that two characters from the game series (and game even) can get in, then why the hell shouldn't Dixie and K. Rool both be able?

Want: 90% I'd like Dixie to be in.

Lucas:
Chance:
70% I don't think he'll be cut in all honesty.
Want: 45% I've not no connection with him at all, heck, it took 15 years for Ness to even reach my country's shores, but I know he's got his fans (who've been able to play his game) and having been left a little bit gutted by having a main cut (even if I was expecting it), I know what it's like.

Edited want after thinking more about how much I didn't like losing my main, and even then Pichu deserved to be cut more.

Last edited:

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
Dixie Kong:

Chance: 60%. I think if DK get's a new rep it will be Dixie (people are going to hate my K.Rool post tomorrow). Why:
1. Tropical Freeze, Retro would have started work on this not long after "Returns" came out in 2010 so she has been in a recent game. For those who haven't noticed, all newcomers so far have appeared in a relatively recent game, so she has that going for her.

2. Another female on the roster, something that is important to Sakurai this time.

3. Donkey Kong is definitely a large enough franchise to have 3 characters.

Want: 60%. It would be nice to see her, but I don't have any real feelings towards the DKC franchise.

Lucas:

Chance: 75%. If Toon Link can come back, I don't see why Lucas can't.

Want: 75%. I want to see him back, but I won't cry if he isn't.

Predictions
Krool 58%
Mewtwo 80%

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Dixie's chances: 60% - I still think we're getting a DK newcomer, and at this point I think it's a toss up with a small chance of getting both.
Want: 90% - Loses 10% because in the event that I had to choose between her and King K. Rool, I'd go for the king. I still like her and if at all possible I want both to make the cut. I really hope at least one of them does.

Lucas' chances: 60% - An increase with the leak injured, but I still feel like he's one of the more expendable characters.
Want: 50% - Meh. He was one of my least favorite characters in Brawl so I don't care.

King K. Rool prediction: 63.19%
Mewtwo prediction: 78.59%

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
image.jpg

Is this Dark Pit or am I just seeing things because of Robin's Nosferatu?...
I honestly can't tell on my little phone screen.

Anyways, time to finish the rates.
Lucas:
Chance: 65%
Gematsu Leak is not definite
Ness vs Lucas was never definite
We have clones
We have cuts
This is a tough call. I'm sticking close to the middle.
Want: 55%
I don't really care. I like clones a lot.. Sometimes.
1. Veteran/retuning clones don't excite me
2. I generally hate Clones that are a different version of the same character (young, dr., toon...)
#1= I am neutral on Lucas. Wouldn't care either way. I'm just glad he doesn't fit in the #2 category, those clones seem very unimaginative to me, even compared to characters that are more similar to characters they are a clone of.

Pre
K Rool: 63%
A rise because of:
Robin- a unique option for a 3rd newcomer for the series
Lucina- a clone, so Dixie can do the same thing, therefore no competition (Cranky is deconfirmed x2 at this point)
No Chrom- Gematsu is not definite
All of the above- 4 FE characters vs 2 DK characters
Mewtwo: 76%
I... Don't know.

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Dixie Kong
Chance- 30%
Kompetition, running out of characters. But Dixie has a good deal of popularity herself and it's not impossible that DKC will get two characters. Or at least it should be possible. I'm a little worried as we just haven't seen much DK material that the series is going to get shafted. But a double trailer with semi-clone Dixie and K. Rool is possible. And awesome.
Want- 65%
Might hurt K. Rool's chances, but Dixie is a good character. I'm not interested in playing as her, but if she doesn't take much development time, then I don't see why not.

Lucas
Chance- 75%
A lot has gone in Lucas's favor as of late. Popular cuts like Toon Link, Lucario, and Ike have returned. Sakurai seems to really care about bringing back characters. We're even adding new clones, now. Oh, and Gematsu has lost a lot of credibility.
I'd say he's probably back, but he's still the most likely cut not named PT or Snake, in my opinion. I never thought Mother deserved two characters to begin with.
Want- 55%
I don't really like Lucas. But I'd feel bad for fans of him and his game, who have had enough problems to deal with. So I'm mostly indifferent, with a few extra points out of mercy.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Dixie Kong:
Chance: 70%
Want: 90%

Lucas:
Chance: 25%
Want: 50%

Predictions:
King K. Rool: 57.55%
Mewtwo: 68.55%

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
You know what? I think I'll change my Dixie Kong chance score to 51%.
Mostly because I remembered how she was planned for Brawl. Villager and Mii's were in the same boat, and here they are in Smash 4. Not to mention we seem to be getting plenty of females, and I suppose its not that late to have at least known about Tropical Freeze if Sakurai asked. Though I think the chances of a DK newcomer overall are overrated.

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm curious about something but can't google right now. Can somebody tell me which sold better: DKC Returns on the 3ds or Fire Emblem Awakening?
I'm interested because both were considered "revivals" and fire emblem is generally smaller, but got both brawl veterans, a unique character from awakening, and a clone from awakening. It would help out the chances of DK getting a similar treatment if its "revival" was more profitable.
Edit: wow there are 10 guests here right now

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I'm curious about something but can't google right now. Can somebody tell me which sold better: DKC Returns on the 3ds or Fire Emblem Awakening?
I'm interested because both were considered "revivals" and fire emblem is generally smaller, but got both brawl veterans, a unique character from awakening, and a clone from awakening. It would help out the chances of DK getting a similar treatment if its "revival" was more profitable.
Edit: wow there are 10 guests here right now
VGChartz says:

FE:A sold 1.30 Million
DKCR 3D sold 1.38 Million

DKC wins, and even then that doesn't cover the 6.18 Million sales of the Wii version of DKCR.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Dixie Kong
Chance: 20%
Want: 30%

I divide my chances for a DK character between K. Rool and Dixie. I put it at 50% chance for new DK rep, and I think K. Rool has a higher chance than Dixie. I'm aware of the arguments for both, however.

As for want, I admit she would be okay, but I've never really thought about wanting her.

Lucas
Chance: 50%
Want: 70%

Lucas was one of my mains last generation, but I would still be fine with him being cut. He's really similar to Ness, and Ness could possibly be changed to fit Lucas a little bit (like with the up b). I'd be glad to get rid of Lucas for an interesting newcomer

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
Dixie and Lucas are my two most wanted characters so I have to participate today!

Dixie
Chance: 60%
I don't know how many newcomers are left, but Dixie really deserves to be in the game. She was one of the last remaining nintendo all-stars not to be in. She has starred in her own game as well as made a revival in Tropical Freeze. With the FE reveals, I feel a lot better about her chances, though nothing is guaranteed.
She is my favorite nintendo character.

Lucas
Chance: 55%
I may be being generous here. I just find it odd that there hasn't been much of any MOTHER representation in the game so far. I highly doubt Ness and Lucas would be unlockable, so the fact that neither have been revealed is a little fishy to me. But he is a vet and should be in the game.
My main in Brawl and Mother 3 is awesome.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I have returned... Gotta say, I'm surprised at the Dark Pit score. Very few people brought up the real problem with Dark Pit - he's a palette swap (possibly with a few details different)! If he were his own slot on the roster, he would need his own palette swaps too! And what exactly will those look like? I suppose they could just make all his palettes darker, but still, Pit vs. Dark Pit matchups would be very confusing. But I see the fact that he's not visually distinct as being the strongest argument against him getting the Lucina treatment, much less being a semi-clone.

Lucina is not a palette swap. And Sakurai confirmed that characters like Lucina can be alternate costumes (different name, different voice, etc. but still on the same slot) and she got lucky not to remain as a mere Marth skin. And I have to think that they decided "what the hell" and gave her unique attributes was precisely because she was not simply a Marth palette swap. Why are people assuming Dark Pit would also get lucky? Lucina wouldn't be lucky if he was just doing this to every alt costume.

This isn't completely irrelevant, as it has to do with how to interpret Lucina's inclusion for the effect on other clone candidates...

Anyway, speaking of semi-clones, there's Lucas...

Lucas
Lucas is helped primarily by the fall of Gematsu. Lucina provides further confirmation that clone status is not fatal, but I don't see Lucas getting the Lucina treatment. We already had Toon Link, who is more clone-ish than Lucas, showing that being a clone is not a big problem for veterans, so the precedent of Lucina doesn't make much difference. Lucina shows that being a clone isn't even a big problem for newcomers, but Lucas isn't a newcomer.

Nevertheless, his clone status does still mean he's in more danger than more unique veterans like Wario, Meta Knight and Ice Climbers. Brawl is still precedent, and 4 out of 5 characters cut from Melee to Brawl were clones. Or 3 out of 4 if you want to say Young Link was updated/transformed into Toon Link rather than completely cut.

Additionally, Earthbound is one of the smallest series in Smash, meaning that compared to Ganondorf or Falco, his profile is a bit lower. Sakurai does have a soft spot for the series, however, which helps.

So I'd still say that along with Wolf and Snake, Lucas is one of the most likely veterans to be cut. But it seems less likely that this will happen with the fall of Gematsu. Not just because he was mentioned in it, but also because the roster might be larger than I was thinking. The silly notion that he planned it all out to have a particular roster size (for the character select screen) is destroyed by Lucina as a late addition.

With characters like Toon Link returning, having very few cuts seems quite possible (maybe just Squirtle, Ivysaur and Snake).

Lucas chances: 77%
Lucas want: 70%
He's one of my Brawl mains, and I like playing as him more than Ness... but I won't be too upset should he get cut.

Dixie Kong
I think Lucina does help Dixie a little bit by showing that we can get clones as newcomers. Now, I don't think she makes sense as a total clone of Diddy like Lucina. Like I said above when I was talking about Dark Pit: Lucina got lucky. I don't think we'll be getting Dixie as a glorified alternate costume. For one, her abilities and appearance are even more different. Having that big ponytail and not using it for anything would be a huge missed opportunity.

She could, however, share most standard attacks (she'd need her own dash attack for sure though). She could also share the
Monkey Flip and Banana Peel specials, and could have her Bubblegum Popgun from Tropical Freeze being very similar to Diddy's Peanut Popgun (similar to Lucas and PK Freeze, for example). Give her a ponytail helicopter move for her up-special. This seems like a plausible move set for a relatively clone-ish Dixie. A Lucina-level clone I don't think would work as well. Of course, Dixie could also have a more unique move set.

So I think Dixie's chances are helped a little bit, and the chances of two DK newcomers are definitely helped (if we get two, I'd expect Dixie to be fairly clone-ish).

The fall of Gematsu makes me much more optimistic about DK newcomers - the series still recently sold millions of copies with DKC Returns, it's still a huge and underrepresented series, and we suspiciously have yet to see a new DK stage. It easily deserves to have four unique characters, so three and maybe one semi-clone would obviously not be overkill.

Still, the roster is filling up, and I'm not as optimistic as I was last fall.

Dixie Kong chances: 41%

Dixie Kong want: 70%
I think she'd be a worthy addition and I'd like having her in, but I'm more interested in K Rool. Ideally, we'd get both.

Last edited:

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Dixie Kong
DK needs a newcomer, if King K. Rool doesn't get his chance then Dixie can fill that empty slot. Hopefully she would have a unique moveset & wouldn't just be a clone of Diddy Kong.

Lucas
Chance: 90%
After the downfall of Gematsu, Lucas has a higher chance. Plus, there would be no reason for him to be cut.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong:
Dixie Kong is the most likely newcomer I want most at this point. The whole time I was rooting for her and Palutena and since Palutena is in then all that's left is Dixie. Not that she's the only character I want to be added, but she's the one that I feel is most likely. Even if it's as a costume swap I don't mind too much (though, I would prefer her to be added as her own character with her own moveset, even if she's a semi-clone)... with Lucina's addition confirming not only that different characters can serve as costumes for somebody, but also that these characters could easily be given their own spot if they're given even just one difference. I feel like this ups Dixie's chances quite a bit.

Lucas:
Want: 65%
With Lucina's reveal, Toon Link being in the game, and the fact that Sakurai likes him I don't think Lucas is going anywhere. There's a chance, but I think he'll come back. I like him so I wouldn't mind it at all if he did.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Lucas, He who pulls the needles
Chance - 70%, I gave Lucas getting cut in Gematsu leak a 30%, He is up there for getting cut but It looks like we're getting a no cut roster. He is the protagonist of the latest Mother game and the only Mother game on a handheld, meaning that (provided they just don't go with bringing back a Melee stage) his game is the main contender for a 3DS stage, which would look weird without him.

Want - 90%, Lucas can't be changed to Ness' alternate moves, his physical attacks are completely different. He's less cloney than Toon Link or Lucina, and I love Mother 3

Dixie Kong, Cool Monkey with the ponytail
Chance - 60%, She's probably the character with the most clone potential given her body similarities to Diddy, but her power set is quite different, although her chance goes up with the fact her and K. Rool can co-exist.

Waant - 50%, indifferent

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Dixie Kong:

Want: 99.9%
If Fire Emblem can have 4 reps DK deserves 4 as well. Her chances are high!

Lucas:
Chance: 100%
With the Gematsu leak down the drain. Lucas is pretty likely to return (Just hope he's decloned from Ness)

I love the Mother/Earthbound Series never played Mother 3 but I hope that changes someday :ness:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong

Chance - 54.5% - 30% chance both K. Rool and Dixie, with a 45% of going in alone. Do the math, and .3x(.7x.45)= 0.545. Go math!

Want - 41% - Bleh. Not exited for her at all.

Lucas

Chance - 90% - Relatively expandable, but but I don't think there's much of a sign that he's been cut yet.

Want - 100% - Hey, this is MOTHER 3's life thread. I wouldn't want him to be cut, that's basically kicking all of that games' fans in the face.

Predictions

K. Rool - 49.78% - Eh. Iddono. Lower than normal maybe?

Mewtwo - 75.46% - Back to the Pre-Gematsu Levels, I'd think.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Dixie :
Chance : 50%
Want : 100%

Lucas :
Chance : 50%
Want : 15% (Only to beat him up and for the people that like him)

Groose

Smash Champion
5 x tell me Groose what your nomination is going to be.
I object to that demand.

Lucas: 90% chance and 0% want
With the Gematsu Leak no longer relevant (it's extremely outdated at best), one of two pieces of evidence towards Lucas getting cut is gone. Additionally, the addition of clone Lucina shows that there will be characters similar to others, so Lucas likely won't be slain by the addition of custom moves. Time constraints or the opinion that he's not really relevant anymore are the only things that bring him down; however, I doubt that either is a legitimate point.

Oh, and I still don't want him. Bring his game to the West and let me play it... then we'll talk, OK? I probably still won't want him because I'm not a fan of how he plays, nor do I like how similar he is to Ness.

Dixie Kong: 45% chance and 50% want
30% chance of no DK newcomer
25% chance of K. Rool
15% chance of unique Dixie
15% chance of clone Dixie
10% chance of K. Rool and clone Dixie
5% chance of K. Rool and unique Dixie
0% chance of Brash the Friggin Bear [I'm looking at you, @BKupa666 !]

Instead of explaining my chance scores today, I'll get to that tomorrow when we rate K. Rool. What I will speak about today is my want score. I just spent over a month thinking that a DK newcomer probably wouldn't happen. Thinking this really made me wish I could have one--and I thought to myself, Dixie is better than no one. I love her in the DK games, and it would be fun enough to play as her in Smash. If she gets in and she brings a unique moveset to the table (which is highly possible), I'm willing to not only accept it, but to welcome her. But if she comes in as a clone, I have my Blunderbuss waiting. And if she comes in as a clone without K. Rool or Cranky anywhere in sight, I've got me trusty Handcannon, too! Arr, shiver me timbers!

DAY OVER

THE RETURN OF THE KING

Is my favorite movie of all time.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Dixie Kong
53.48% chance (was 40.85%)
67.88% want (was 57.55%)

Dixie Kong's scores shot way up high! She's been deemed probable, and she once again is in the upper echelon of our most wanted list. Heck, she just made things pretty difficult for her rival to top...

Lucas
69.25% chance (was 43.70%)
65.15% want (was 59.61%)

Speaking of spiking scores, Lucas posted a serious turnaround in both categories. Lucas was last rated during the reign of the omnipotent Gematsu; it's only natural that he's improved since then.

Today we're discussing debatably the two most popular characters on this board. We're discussing two dastardly villains that dominated the nineties. We're discussing King K. Rool and Mewtwo! Please rate the dynamic duo in chance and want. Because I'm a biased K. Rool fan, I've decided to include an amusing music video in the OP that you probably haven't seen if you don't frequent the K. Rool thread; feel free to check it out. Oh, and in the name of fairness, I also got a video for Mewtwo as well. So do check out the OP!

Tomorrow is a day of Golden Sun and Metal Gear. Why did I lump Snake and Isaac together? I'll give you the answer tomorrow, but feel free to predict their scores for right now.
Schedule:
Day 279: Shulk, Chorus Kids, and Gematsu
Day 280: Dark Pit and Roy
Day 281: Dixie Kong and Lucas
Day 282: K. Rool and Mewtwo
Day 283: Snake and Isaac
Day 284: Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr.
Day 285: Takamaru and Pichu

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I don't have much to say regarding K. Rool.
But Mewtwo....heh...
Mewtwo
Chance: 95%
Mewtwo is a character that I honestly believe wasn't meant to be taken out in the first place, and was instead opted out due to time restraints. People love this guy, and they've wanted him back since Smash 4 was announced to the public, not only that....those who used him in Melee were stunned he did not return to Brawl. It was a mistake that I do not believe Sakurai would repeat, especially due to the demand there is for him. Heck, there's 2-3x's the demand for Mewtwo then any of the characters announced so far, and I honestly believe Sakurai knows this.....based upon how he portrayed Greninja at first....*cough* Very funny, Sakurai.
Point is, he'll be back, and the only reason I didn't make this 100% is because there's always the chance that something goes wrong...I seriously doubt it'd be because of Sakurai though. He knows what people want, obviously.
What can I say? I love this guy, always have. He better be back so I can main him again.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
King K. Rool:
Not only because of all the "One of Us" Videos I have to go through DAILY in this place, but also because DK needs some more reputation, especially more Villians. (And with Fire Emblem getting 3.5 Reps [3 + Lucina Clone], why not.)
Kremlings/Kritters are in Smash Run, Chunky Kong (apparently) is an Assist Trophy, plus Sakurai is listening to what most of us want, but it's all really up to fate.

Mewtwo:
Want: 5% (PLEASE DON'T HURT ME)
I honestly think that Mewtwo won't be returning, solely because of the fact that he's (mostly) old news. We already have Lucario as our Badass Mystical-Power-Guy, and even though Lucina and Toon Link exist, I don't think that we need more clones UNLESS Mewtwo gets a pretty big moveset re-vamp.
Because Mewtwo is popular, that one Mewtwo VS Greninja Movie, Mewtwo getting TWO Mega Evolutions and the fact that his Fanbase would probably Riot if he was a Trophy again, makes me think his chances are high. But Again, it's all up to fate.

Nominationalnesses (I know they're on hold, but I want to.);
Chibi-Robo (playable) x4
Kirby Air Ride (stage) x1

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
King K. Rool:
Not only because of all the "One of Us" Videos I have to go through DAILY in this place, but also because DK needs some more reputation, especially more Villians. (And with Fire Emblem getting 3.5 Reps [3 + Lucina Clone], why not.)
Kremlings/Kritters are in Smash Run, Chunky Kong (apparently) is an Assist Trophy, plus Sakurai is listening to what most of us want, but it's all really up to fate.

Mewtwo:
I honestly think that Mewtwo won't be returning, solely because of the fact that he's (mostly) old news. We already have Lucario as our Badass Mystical-Power-Guy, and even though Lucina and Toon Link exist, I don't think that we need more clones UNLESS Mewtwo gets a pretty big moveset re-vamp.
Because Mewtwo is popular, that one Mewtwo VS Greninja Movie, Mewtwo getting TWO Mega Evolutions and the fact that his Fanbase would probably Riot if he was a Trophy again, makes me think his chances are high. But Again, it's all up to fate.

Chibi-Robo (playable) x4

Excuse me...?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
King K. Rool
Chances: 85%, there's TONS of evidence for his inclusion at this point (not nearly as much as Ridley), but nothing against him whatsoever. He's the third-most important character in the DK franchise (right ahead of Dixie Kong) and Smash can always use more villains. I think he's very, very likely, and I've only become more and more konfident of his inclusion as time goes on. Kritters in Smash Run, huge boon to K. Rool's inclusion, Kremlings have never appeared as random enemies without K. Rool. Massive potential for a new and unique moveset, no new heavyweights known so far, and extremely popular request.
Want: 100%, he's my #1 newcomer and has always been, even when I thought the chances of K. Rool were slim at best (before the Smash Direct).

Mewtwo
Chances: 70%, I think he's quite likely, I do think he's in, but I don't think he's chances are nearly as high as K. Rool or Ridley.
Want: 60%, I kinda like him, but I've never been a fan of Pokemon.

Predictions
Isaac: 58%, I think he'll get decent ratings but most will hover around 50%.
Snake: 50%, I thought about giving him higher, but most people think his chances are slim.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
King K. Rool:

Mewtwo:

Chibi-Robo (playable) x4
Mewtwo is not a clone of Lucario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom