• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Have some Eirika!
[collapse=Gifs]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Official Artwork (I'm not including the abomination that is the bride.)]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Fan Art]
[/collapse]

And some quotes:

"If men understand the futility of fighting, why do they do it? We could gain so much more by cooperation than by conquest."

"How can I just watch from afar while others risk their lives for me? I cannot rely on you always. I must learn to protect myself."

"People deserve happiness. They are the reason that we rule. Without the people, there can be no Renais."

"If I had to rely on my own blade alone, I would not survive."

"I have a reason to fight. I have things to protect. I fight for the future. The future of Renais, the future of my people."

"There were the most beautiful mountains, the clearest rivers... The scent of wildflowers filled the air. The sky was clear and bright. This was before war scarred the hills and scorched the skies. It was filled with hope and possibility...I miss that time so very much."

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Eirika (Fire Emblem) as a Playable Newcomer:
Chance: 0.1% - I doubt there would be a Sacred Stones character this time around, the only Fire Emblem stuff we have for the 3DS version beyond Marth and Ike are Lyn's AT and Arena Ferox. Now, Lyn isn't exclusive, but Ferox is, and with Roy already being a character representing the handheld games (Or at least debuted on handheld, so sorry Marth, Shadow Dragon DS doesn't count for me), I doubt we would get anyone else from those games before him.
Want: 0% - Sorry, but i'm just not feeling the idea of her getting in.

Mr. Dream (Punch Out) as a Boss Enemy:
Chance: 0% - While someone could point to Nabbit for an example of not all stages being finished, Mushroom Kingdom U was JUST announced like a few days before E3 just so there wouldn't be any surprises on stages, so it would stand to reason that it wouldn't be finished. The WVBA Ring, having been a thing since the first/Villager's trailer, has no such excuse, and will probably just have the tightropes-as-platforms and the lights as the only hazards. On the other hand, a Smash Run-only Punch Out boss would just be weird on it's own, let alone using Mr. Dream instead of the more famous big names in Punch Out like King Hippo or Mr. Sandman.
Want: 0% - Even if they did do boss rush/Smash Run-exclusive bosses, they can do way better than to use Punch Out.

Predictions:
They Will Know Our Names (Xenoblade) as a Selectable Song: 75% Chance, 84% Want
In The Final (Mario) as a Selectable Song: 63% Chance, 90% Want

Nominations:
Interactive Eternal Darkness representation: x5

FancysaurusRex

Smash Apprentice
I am feeling double zeroes on both counts. Neither are that important within their own franchises, and neither are from franchises that, assuming gematsu is true, will probably be getting any more characters.

Ditto Pokeball x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eirika: Abstain.
I don't know enough about her to make a fair judgement.

Mr. Dream Boss:
Chance: 0.1% - I think if Punch Out were to get a boss, it would be someone more well known, like King Hippo.
Want: 0% - He's not Mike Tyson. Boo.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I am feeling double zeroes on both counts. Neither are that important within their own franchises, and neither are from franchises that, assuming gematsu is true, will probably be getting any more characters.
Excuse you. The main Lord from a game is a prestigious status. I agree that she is lacking in Smash credentials (mainly because of competition within her franchise), but she is pretty important.

FancysaurusRex

Smash Apprentice
Excuse you. The main Lord from a game is a prestigious status. I agree that she is lacking in Smash credentials (mainly because of competition within her franchise), but she is pretty important.
You are correct! Sacred Stones was one I had not yet played, and I had been under the impression Ephraim was the main character. Research is telling me she is just as important to the game though, so I'd bump her chances up to 10%.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
You are correct! Sacred Stones was one I had not yet played, and I had been under the impression Ephraim was the main character. Research is telling me she is just as important to the game though, so I'd bump her chances up to 10%.
She's more important than Ephraim. He's basically the Hector to Eirika's Lyn.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
They share an almost equal of screen-time, and are of equal importance to the story. Eirika, however, is the one you get to control first.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Eirika - 0%
Maybe there's some reason she'd be considered for DLC, but for the disc, we've got an Awakening character virtually guaranteed (presumably Chrom per Gematsu) and, even if we were to inexplicably get a fourth FE character, it's highly questionable that Eirika would prevail over someone more popular like Roy or even a second Awakening character (or, ideally, any non-swordsman). I can't see it as a realistic possibility.
Want - 0% - No thank you.

Mr. Dream (Boss) - 0%
I can't imagine that we've got a secret Punch-Out!! boss to look forward to, but even if we do, I have to believe we'd be seeing someone more iconic like King Hippo or Bald Bull, not the Mike Tyson replacement.
Want - 0% - Boxing ring stage is plenty interesting already, thanks.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
They share an almost equal of screen-time, and are of equal importance to the story. Eirika, however, is the one you get to control first.
Not actually true. Eirika has more screentime by far in the first half of the game, and you have an option to stay with her in the latter half as well, although there's an option to go with Ephraim instead. Eirika's path is also more informative story-wise.
In Ephraim's route, events such as Valter's murder of Glen, the fact Caellach killed Queen Ismaire, and that Joshua is the prince of Jehanna, go unmentioned.
So Ephraim's like half as important as his sister. Maybe 2/3's as important.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Not actually true. Eirika has more screentime by far in the first half of the game, and you have an option to stay with her in the latter half as well, although there's an option to go with Ephraim instead. Eirika's path is also more informative story-wise.
In Ephraim's route, events such as Valter's murder of Glen, the fact Caellach killed Queen Ismaire, and that Joshua is the prince of Jehanna, go unmentioned.

I've played Sacred Stones. I guess I've forgotten. The second part of the game gets really dark, so that part stuck out more in my mind, perhaps.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Eirika
Chance:5%
Anyone who isn't from Awakening or Roy really doesn't have much of a chance getting into the game this go-around. Lyn was probably the most likely that didn't fit into that criteria and she's an Assist Trophy, so it's not looking good for her.

Want:60%
Eh, she's not Chrom, so I'd like her.

Mr.Dream
Chance:0%
It's already highly unlikely we'll get a 2nd Punch Out character, and a replacement of Mike Tyson definitely isn't going to be the one who makes it.

Want:0%

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
From the comments, an uninformed observer would likely get the impression that Chrom is the worst lord in the series.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Quad Zeroes!
Quad Zeroes for EVERYONE!

@ Groose Groose is it possible to nominate a character for a Boss Role? Like what Yellow Devil is?
If so, I'd like to nominate Metal Face [Boss] X5.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Oh dear...

Like many others I'm afraid I don't have much to say.

Eirika
Chance: 0%
Awakening + Roy + smaller series = 0% chance

Want: 0%
Honestly I'd want Roy for nostalgia or Robin for magic over anyone else. Chrom and Lucina I dislike, but I'd understand their inclusion more than Eirika.

Mr. Dream Boss
Chance: 0%
A replacement for Mike Tyson with some sort of connection to Kirby's homeworld? Sakurai's not THAT biased he'd include him as a boss over King Hippo...who also is pretty dang unlikely.

Would honestly prefer King Hippo. Just has a more exciting design.

Nominations
5 X Purchasable DLC Newcomers

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Eirika

Not from the most recent game, doesn't bring that much different to the table, not in the Gematsu leak.

Eirika chances: 0.05%
Eirika want: 40%
Meh.

Mr Dream as a boss

He only appeared once as a replacement for Mike Tyson. There are better choices for Punch-Out and we don't know whether there will be SSE-style bosses in any mode either.

Mr Dream Boss chances: 0.01%
Mr Dream Boss want: 0%
Boring.

5x Chibi-Robo

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
She's more important than Ephraim. He's basically the Hector to Eirika's Lyn.
OK, I'm going Fire Emblem fangirl on you.

First, that analogy is tremedously off. While Lyn is the lord you play as first, her part in the story was pretty much included to serve as a tutorial to the new Fire Emblem players, particularly with this one being localized in the west. Technically speaking, Lyn is the least important lord in that story since her presence barely connects with the story at all, in comparison to both Eliwood's and Hector's story. Both Eliwood and Hector's modes are considerably longer, feature several chapters without Lyn, and Lyn still figures as the lord that's barely connected to the story, while Eliwood and Hector both have reasons to want to personally take down Nergal/the dragon.
Also, while Eliwood and Hector have roles in Fuuin no Tsurugi, Lyn doesn't.

The main reason Lyn made it farther in terms of popularity was her being accessible early on and as a result everyone who played the game being familiar with her, being a potential female fire emblem rep and being the first lord for non-Japanese audiences, like Marth was their first lord.
Even then, saying she's more important than Hector just tells me you haven't even played that game.

I call shenanigans on her being more important than Ephraim. Both characters are depicted as equally important given they are both twins and both are equally important to Renais
Both together hold the key to Renais's Sacred Stone and both have equally meaningful connections to Lyon and have as much weight in the story

Having Eirika for the longer part of the game means nothing for the following reasons:
- If that were the case, we could argue Chrom is more meaningful than Lucina, which is not true given the whole story is pretty much launched and revolving around Robin and Lucina.
- The story required for Ephraim to be absent during the first parts of the campaign.
- You make it sound like Ephraim's quest is optional while Eirika's is the main one. But the reality is more of the fact that since both were depicted as equally important the games lets you follow whichever one you want on their quests. Eirika's path being more informative I also call shenanigans on that since each path informs you on the happenings of different countries. Exploring both paths is necessary to having an idea on the entire story of the game
Also, I found Ephraim's to be the MOST informative by far, given that with Eirika you go to Carcino and Jehanna and find out ancillary stuff about secondary characters (like you mentioned), whereas with Ephraim you go into the heart of Grado and find out stuff about what Lyon is up to and the dark stone he uses, which ultimately weighs more into the events of the game.
- Lastly, in future mentions of both of these lords (like in Awakening), they are mentioned in conjunction with each other. There's no "Princess Eirika, and her brother Ephraim." They're the twins of Renais.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Okay, let's see if this back pain can let up long enough for some analysis.

Eirika
Chance:
-Main Roster: 5%
-As DLC (if not on main roster): 5%

Sorry, Eirika. Tough room.

While she could represent the GBA Fire Emblem games and also be a female FE rep, she's overshadowed by so many other characters from her own franchise that her inclusion would be a massive curveball. Frontrunners Chrom, Robin, and Lucina come from the newest game...which has no characters yet. Anna appears in nearly every game and would represent the series' legacy. Micaiah would be another female protagonist, but unlike Eirika, uses a weapon type neither Marth nor Ike use. If they wanted to represent the GBA games, they might just use axe-wielding Hector instead for variety's sake!

She's not a bad character by any means, but Fire Emblem has such a huge cast and so many major characters that she just doesn't stand out enough.

Want: 10%

Again, I guess another female character would be alright. But why another sword-wielder whose moveset would have to mostly be fabricated, since the GBA games didn't have skills? She may not be a (dark-) blue-haired male lord, but Fire Emblem is still more than pure sword users, and hopefully whoever else ends up on the roster better represents that.

Mr. Dream (Boss)
Chance: 2%

Okay, so for all we know there could still be a Melee-style Adventure mode, and there could be unique bosses in that. Maybe there'd be one from Punch-Out. But Mr. Dream? The guy created as filler once Mike Tyson's contract expired and he and Nintendo decided to go their separate ways?

There are so many other Punch-Out characters that'd work better here. Bald Bull or King Hippo or even Super Macho Man are more iconic, and Mr. Sandman played the final boss role pretty damn well in the remake. Why go with Mr. Dream over any of them?

...But they've pulled stuff out of left field before (did anyone who didn't have some inside info think of the Wii Fit Trainer?), which makes me hesitate to give him a zero.

...In Chance.

Predictions
You Will Know Our Names: 92.01%
Character pegged to be in (perhaps jumping the gun)? Likely to have a stage due to his game's unique setting? Fan favorite theme? This one's gonna be high.

(Even though I like One Who Gets in Our Way more. >_>)

In the Final: 32.49%
Another fan favorite theme from a well known game...but there's an awareness of how Mario RPGs have been under-represented in past Smash games. As amazing of a final boss theme as it is, I think its chances'll get ranked higher than they should be.

Nominations
Stage Music No Longer Limited to Stage's Franchise x5

Last edited:

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Ah, it's good to be back.

Eirika:
Abstain: I don't know Fire Emblem.

Mr. Dream (Boss):
Chance: 1% Woah brah. His chances are totally lame.
Want: 0% I don't even care brah. I don't even.

Predictions:
You Will Know Our Names: 88.4%
In the Final: 26.31%

Nominations:
Chibi-Robo x5

Nominations
Stage Music No Longer Limited to Stage's Franchise x5
I think this was confirmed back in Brawl. The main theme for Big Brain Academy was a starter track on Distant Planet.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I think this was confirmed back in Brawl. The main theme for Big Brain Academy was a starter track on Distant Planet.
Damn, not what I meant. I meant like...franchises that have a stage can have music on other stages as well. Seems I'm gonna have to reword it...again...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
OK, I'm going Fire Emblem fangirl on you.

First, that analogy is tremedously off. While Lyn is the lord you play as first, her part in the story was pretty much included to serve as a tutorial to the new Fire Emblem players, particularly with this one being localized in the west. Technically speaking, Lyn is the least important lord in that story since her presence barely connects with the story at all, in comparison to both Eliwood's and Hector's story. Both Eliwood and Hector's modes are considerably longer, feature several chapters without Lyn, and Lyn still figures as the lord that's barely connected to the story, while Eliwood and Hector both have reasons to want to personally take down Nergal/the dragon.
Also, while Eliwood and Hector have roles in Fuuin no Tsurugi, Lyn doesn't.

The main reason Lyn made it farther in terms of popularity was her being accessible early on and as a result everyone who played the game being familiar with her, being a potential female fire emblem rep and being the first lord for non-Japanese audiences, like Marth was their first lord.
Even then, saying she's more important than Hector just tells me you haven't even played that game.
That is one of the games I haven't played. Forgive my ignorance. I was under the impression that Lyn was the main one.

I call shenanigans on her being more important than Ephraim. Both characters are depicted as equally important given they are both twins and both are equally important to Renais
Both together hold the key to Renais's Sacred Stone and both have equally meaningful connections to Lyon and have as much weight in the story
Sacred Stones, on the other hand, I have played extensively. Eirika is more important than Ephraim. Eirika is the protagonist and Ephraim is the Deuteragonist. They're both important, but Eirika is more important.

Having Eirika for the longer part of the game means nothing for the following reasons:
- If that were the case, we could argue Chrom is more meaningful than Lucina, which is not true given the whole story is pretty much launched and revolving around Robin and Lucina.
Chrom is more meaningful than Lucina. Robin, not so much. But he's definitely more important than Lucina.

- The story required for Ephraim to be absent during the first parts of the campaign.
Which, in turn, made Eirika the main lord and Ephraim the secondary.

- You make it sound like Ephraim's quest is optional while Eirika's is the main one. But the reality is more of the fact that since both were depicted as equally important the games lets you follow whichever one you want on their quests.
Ephraim's path is completely optional. You start out with Eirika and have the option to go with Ephraim when they split. In the end, both are reunited, but you don't have to ever have Ephraim as the main lord. When they are reunited is when they're of equal importance.

Eirika's path being more informative I also call shenanigans on that since each path informs you on the happenings of different countries. Exploring both paths is necessary to having an idea on the entire story of the game.
Also, I found Ephraim's to be the MOST informative by far, given that with Eirika you go to Carcino and Jehanna and find out ancillary stuff about secondary characters (like you mentioned), whereas with Ephraim you go into the heart of Grado and find out stuff about what Lyon is up to and the dark stone he uses, which ultimately weighs more into the events of the game.
When the two are reunited, Ephraim does catch Eirika up with all that he experienced, and you get the same information that you would otherwise. This does not happen with the information that Eirika has. That's all I was saying.

- Lastly, in future mentions of both of these lords (like in Awakening), they are mentioned in conjunction with each other. There's no "Princess Eirika, and her brother Ephraim." They're the twins of Renais.
Because they did both save the world in the end and (in the canon of the game) both played important roles in getting Renias back even though you're stuck with Eirika for the beginning of the game.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I seriously I'm starting to feel Eirika is more important than Ephraim to you, because you're the only person I see claiming she's a main character while he's just a secondary.

I seriously have never heard anyone else make that claim. Ever. Ever. Since the game was released almost ten years ago.

Likewise, like I said, the idea was that you have a choose your own path adventure and you can go with Eirika or Ephraim. The idea isn't "oh, here you have the option to play as Ephraim if you want." The idea was "Pick which of the main characters you want to follow now the story has been set up."

Ephraim shares his information because what you find out in his story IS MORE IMPORTANT.
Ephraim: So that's why Grado is attacking and doing all this. What did you guys do?
Eirika: Well, turns out this gambling myrmidon here is a prince, and we killed that general dude that you already knew died because that probably came up at some point.
Ephraim: That's nice I guess.

And again, who you spend more time with doesn't determine whether the character is more important. See: Lyn, Chrom.

Also, if you think Chrom has more weight to the story of Awakening than Lucina/Robin, then there's really nothing else for me to do here.

And now I'm done and awaiting the next day.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I seriously I'm starting to feel Eirika is more important than Ephraim to you, because you're the only person I see claiming she's a main character while he's just a secondary.

I seriously have never heard anyone else make that claim. Ever. Ever. Since the game was released almost ten years ago.

Likewise, like I said, the idea was that you have a choose your own path adventure and you can go with Eirika or Ephraim. The idea isn't "oh, here you have the option to play as Ephraim if you want." The idea was "Pick which of the main characters you want to follow now the story has been set up."

Ephraim shares his information because what you find out in his story IS MORE IMPORTANT.
Ephraim: So that's why Grado is attacking and doing all this. What did you guys do?
Eirika: Well, turns out this gambling myrmidon here is a prince, and we killed that general dude that you already knew died because that probably came up at some point.
Ephraim: That's nice I guess.

And again, who you spend more time with doesn't determine whether the character is more important. See: Lyn, Chrom.

Also, if you think Chrom has more weight to the story of Awakening than Lucina/Robin, then there's really nothing else for me to do here.

And now I'm done and awaiting the next day.
It's all opinion. But I think that, objectively, Ephraim is indeed less important overall than Eirika.

Groose

Smash Champion
I'm taking the evening off. Ironically, it's because I spent too much of my idle time playing the Sacred Stones today rather than working on updating the day. The next update will be tomorrow afternoon.
@ Groose Groose is it possible to nominate a character for a Boss Role? Like what Yellow Devil is?
If so, I'd like to nominate Metal Face [Boss] X5.
I mean... we are rating a Mr. Dream Boss today, so I don't see why not. ...just be warned. I'm going all out on Metal Face's day.

It's all opinion. But I think that, objectively, Ephraim is indeed less important overall than Eirika.
I'd agree, but I'd argue it's by a pretty slim margin. Still, I think Eirika's primary advantage is that she stands out more than Ephraim when considering what Fire Emblem characters we already have on the roster.

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Eirika

I abstain from chance and want. Know of her, but never played Sacred Stones.

Mr. Dream Boss

Chance: .1%
The Punch-Out stage already has falling lights and I really doubt Punch-Out would get a boss on that stage. Only reason for the .5 is for the small chance Punch-Out gets another stage and he is a boss.

Want: 2%
I'd much rather have King Hippo or Mike Tyson.

Nominations: Tropical Freeze Representation x5

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I'd say, subjectively, that Eirika is more of the main face than Ephraim but that's not to say he's unimportant. The game focuses a lot on the twins and both are very significant. However, like Alm, I believe Eirika is treated like the face of the game. Both start as the initial protagonists and if Awakening is anything to go by both are handed the extra classes over their co-lords.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I just saw that I won the extra noms, so please make it Jill Valentine x10, as opposed to a mere 5. :)

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Eirika:
Chance: 0.2%
Want: 10%

Mr. Dream Boss:
Chance: 0.05%
He's no Mike Tyson.

Nominations:
Paper Mario x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I'm finally back from my short vacation that I enjoyed very much. I am going to update the music section now that I have more than just a tablet to use the internet. As always, if you have any suggestions tag me in a post with them and I will see what I can do. Just as a note: if I don't add your suggestions then I am very sorry and I must have missed it. (Also, why does @ Groose Groose always extend the day when I don't post... Seriously, that's like the fifth time it has happened and I almost always post.)

Eirika: 0.5%

"Mr. Dream" Boss: 2%

In the Final: 62.53%
You Will Know Our Names: 96.72%

x5 "Moo Moo Meadows" Mario Kart 8 Music

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Eirika & Mr. Dream Boss Chance: 000.0%
Eirika & Mr. Dream Boss Want:000.0%

QUAD ZERO'D!

On Eirika: She comes from a series with heavy competition, with the frontrunner being Chrom thanks to Sal. Best to have an Awakening character take the 3rd slot because it was a notable release and that would capitalize on the increased prominence of the characters from that game. Otherwise, Eirika doesn't have anything that makes her stand out from our trio (quadro with Roy?) of sword-wielding lords besides a vagina. Honestly, I'm interested in Ephriam more just because he would bring a new playstyle to the table. Sorry, twin of Renias. You could've had your chance circa Melee. But now you're past your prime.

On Mr. Dream as a boss: One of the more unpopular and innotable Punch-Out!! challengers. Solely exists as a replacement for Mike Tyson, who's career was at its zenith when the NES Punch-Out!! came out. Mike's got the status of being a Nintendo Hard boss. If they got him to recontract for the purpose of starring as a boss in this game, that would be tight. But seeing as he's having troubles with his status, it would be innopropriate at this time.

Also, the Boxing Ring is more of an arena spectacle than a boss spectacle as it is. Its design was made for 4-player FFA and there's enough interest in the background elements. You know what Yellow Devil's done to the playablity of Wily's Castle, especially since it doesn't seem toggleable. Even then, there's more iconic challengers such as King Hippo or Soda Popinski who would make great bosses (yet alone Assist Trophies).

Nominations

CPU Uses Alt Costumes x5

@ Groose Groose : Do you think the Top 10 of Chance & Want should be updated according to our current ratings? You know, since like 3 of those characters are confirmed.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Cain and Abel are actually the first two cavaliers in the Fire Emblem franchise, and the first of the "Cain" and "Abel" archetypes that are in almost every other Fire Emblem game. They are loyal to Marth and are among the first units you get in the game. They've actually appeared in four different games throughout the Fire Emblem franchise thanks to remakes.

Cain is the red one and Abel is the green one. If you've played Awakening, Sully and Stahl are the game's respective "Cain" and "Abel". In fact, their support conversation actually mentions them. They declare that they'll strive to be as good as the legendary "Bull" and "Panther". Sully says she'll try to be like the "Bull", which Stahl thinks is a little strange (since Sully is a woman, and Cain is the rougher of the two). Stahl then agrees and says he'll strive to be like the "Panther".

The two are like brothers, which is the reason that they're named after the Biblical figures. (Unlike the Biblical Cain and Abel, though, Cain doesn't kill Abel and the two actually don't even have a falling out in the game. It's sort of like how Marth's name is based off of Mars despite Marth being fairly kind and peaceful.)

I'm specifically nominating the concept of the two as an Ice Climber-esque duo.
Sounds cool. I've only played Sacred Stones, and the only other Fire Emblem games I really know much about are Awakening and Radiant Dawn.
:ohwell: We'll never get a 0% chance.
There's always someone who says, "That will never happen. I'll give it a 5% to be on the safe side."

Well, except on Lupus' day. We actually gave a character a 0%.
(I'm not including the abomination that is the bride.
That's exactly what I thought when I was looking for a picture to put in the OP. Great minds think alike! :p
Damn, not what I meant. I meant like...franchises that have a stage can have music on other stages as well. Seems I'm gonna have to reword it...again...
It's fine as is. I'll clarify when it gets to the top.
@ Groose Groose : Do you think the Top 10 of Chance & Want should be updated according to our current ratings? You know, since like 3 of those characters are confirmed.
Yeah, I think it's about time that I actually edit in the pictures Fal made over a week ago.

...oops.
I'm finally back from my short vacation that I enjoyed very much. I am going to update the music section now that I have more than just a tablet to use the internet. As always, if you have any suggestions tag me in a post with them and I will see what I can do. Just as a note: if I don't add your suggestions then I am very sorry and I must have missed it. (Also, why does @ Groose Groose always extend the day when I don't post... Seriously, that's like the fifth time it has happened and I almost always post.)
Happy coincidence.

Eirika: 0.01% chance and 0% want
Eirika is probably the first character who would get in from the Sacred Stones. However, we will almost definitely not get a character from that installment of the Fire Emblem series. It was one of the newer games before Brawl's launch, and Eirika received only a sticker. Since then, her title has received a minor resurgence in popularity, but she hasn't seen a real increase in requests. There are really four requested Fire Emblem characters, and she isn't one of them. She's not relevant for promotion, she's not relevant within the fanbase, and one of her competitors is very likely to get in--I just don't see it.

To be frank, I'm not a huge fan of her. Although I love the gameplay of Fire Emblem and I have her game to thank for that, I find the majority of the characters in her title to be pretty... boring. I'd say I'm more attached to Chrom just from reading through his support conversations on the Wiki than I am to Eirika, who I've raised into a Great Lord twice. She's definitely more unique than Chrom just from a visual standpoint, but I don't really like her. If we get a Sacred Stones character, let it be Seth or L'Arachel.

Mr. Dream Boss: 0.01% chance and 0% want
I highly, highly doubt that Boxing Ring has a boss. We've seen a full match on the stage, and there's just so much else going on that it seems hard to cram a boss in. That said, though, a Punch-Out boss could still appear in Smash Run or a traditional boss mode. Still, I doubt it would be Mr. Dream--I'd expect someone like King Hippo or one of the guys who actually made the cut for the Wiimake. I don't really want Mr. Dream because, well, he's a really boring character in a cast of interesting ones.

x5 "Bellumbeck"
Did you know that Linebeck was once my favorite Zelda character? Yup. I had the name Linebeck on a ton of sites.

DAY OVER

SHOWTIME!

Groose

Smash Champion
Eirika
1.11% chance
23.98% want

Eirika may have suffered from the low chance scores that seem to be going around lately, but she posted at least a serious want score. Still, it can't be said that she led her troops to victory today; perhaps she should hire a Tactician?

Mr. Dream Boss
2.51% chance
3.46% want

Getting a Mr. Dream boss would be quite a nightmare for pretty much everyone out there. That's all I have to say.

Today? It's the duel of the songs! First we have "You Will Know Our Names," which is essentially a boss song from Xenoblade Chronicles. Of note is that it is the most popular song the game has to offer. Second is "In the Final," the final boss theme from Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. Do not fear--the link I provided does not contain any spoilers, so please check it out if you are unfamiliar with it. So, without further ado... RATE THEIR CHANCES!

Tomorrow we're moving away from music and discussing Commander Shepard from Mass Effect and the odds of getting an Unrevealed, Unlockable Veteran. Predict away!

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
In The Final
Chance: 15%
Want: 60%
Really good song, but unfortunately the Mario RPG games don't have the best Smash representation. If we get a stage from one of the RPGs, (either Mario & Luigi or Paper Mario) then it has a good shot, but considering how many Mario themed stages we already have, plus likely Mario spinoff stages for Yoshi and Wario, it just doesn't seem likely

You Will Know Our Names
Chance: 75%
Want: 50%
Never played the game, but I have listened to the song, and it is really good, and fits Smash Bros very well. I very well believe that we will get a Xenoblade stage, because of Gematsu. Even if Shulk doesn't make it, a stage still seems pretty likely. This song is a fan favorite, and it's probably on the top of the list for whatever stage we get.

Nominations
Olimar Alternate Costumes (Louie, President, Charlie, Brittany, Charlie) x5

@ Groose Groose The Nomination list says Olimar Alternate Cutscene, which I'm pretty sure is a typo, unless I'm missing something here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom