• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Flynn
When I heard that name, I actually thought at first Flynn from Tales of Vesperia is meant here. I haven't played SMT, so I can't vote here.

Masked Dedede Alt
Chance: 50%. He could also be a new Final Smash, so it's up in the air.
Want: 75%. Alt costumes are great. Especially if they look cool. However, I also want a cool new Final Smash for him.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Flynn:
Chance: 0%
Cannot see this happening. A crossover with Fire Emblem's all Flynn's getting as far as I can tell. 3rd party. Snake still has fans that would want him in first.

Want: 0%
Literally the only other 3rd parties to get any want from me now are Bomberman, Rayman and I could probably stretch some want for Layton and Tails at a push, but that's it. Sorry Flynn. Also my first thought was the male protagonist from Tangled, at least you thought of a video game character Lemmy.

Masked Dedede Alt
Chance: 70%
Highly likely to be in there somewhere. Like others have said; could be a new FS though.
Want: 100%
The more impressive alt costumes the better, frankly. Palette swaps are a tad boring comparatively.

Nominations:
x10 Purchasable DLC Newcomers

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Not much to say today...

Masked Dedede Costume - 25%

It's plausible.
Want - 50% - I'm indifferent.

Flynn - 0%
It's not plausible.
Want - 0% - I don't want him.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Masked Dedede Alt Costume
Want - 60%
After giving it some thought, I would be totally fine having this implemented as an alt costume. It's easy to model the mask onto him and swap out the hammer with the super-powerful one. Wonder if they'll go with the dark purple robe if alt recolors are off the table.

Though I will feel disappointed if we don't get a Samurai Dedede alt costume along with that. Would make for more variety regardless of obscurity. Quick Draw has been a recurring subgame across some notable Kirby games. It spruces up his attire quite a bit aside from the swappy nature of the mask + hammer. I mean, if Little Mac gets to bask in two alt glory, why not Dedede? He's clearly cut out for it.
Chance - 87%
Sakurai's bias, relevancy, limited costume choice. This one has a good chance of being included as an alt costume. Unless, you know, he wants to go the Final Smash route. I don't want to lose the Big Gay Dance though. It shall always remain glorious. Hump-bah, hump-bah, Rah! Rah! Rah!

Flynn
Want - 75%
I've grown slightly warm to Flynn after the first prediction. But it still stands as not over Jack Frost. Otherwise, it would feel kind of sweet getting a recent 3rd party character (the Chrom of 3rd parties, teehee!) from a sprawling franchise. The way I imagine his playstyle would be really cool.

Chance- 0%

Null and void. Subsidiary of Sega, enough 3rd parties as it is, not franchise mascot, not very hype warranting. Do I need to explain this one?

Oh, and to clarify one thing:

[...]although not everything from the Shin Megami Tensei or Persona series is exactly Smash Bros-appropriate (nude/genitalia-shaped demons/succubi, tarot cards, certain Shadow Selves, etc.).
Then we have Solid Snake from the Metal gear Solid series, which features tobacco use, scenes of gratuitous violence, child-killing, & genocide, implied masturbation, nudity, and deep political and philosophical subject matter. Yet he remains pretty faithful to his canon form and series spirit! Why couldn't they do the same for Shin Megami Tensei? I go into further detail debunking this in my Jack frost support thread:

Captain Hotcakes said:
1: The Shin Megami Tensei games deal with violent and religious themes that Nintendo just can’t handle.

Has the subject lines of any of the games represented in Smash every been an issue, like ever? The Super Smash Brothers series is an amalgamation of the greatest characters duking it out in a free-for-all battle and work well even in a limited moveset. If Jack Frost can’t make it in, then how come Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid, an M-rated series, makes the cut in Brawl? Hideo Kojima’s request doesn’t make the whole deal. Snake worked well fitting in with the art style and fighting system of Smash without anything controversial happening. He used weapons from his series and even going as far as his chokehold grapple. All of which have deadly repercussion if used real life, let along Metal Gear Solid. From his codecs to his stage, Metal Gear Solid still had a faithful tone with nothing sugarcoated. What does this say about characters such as Bayonetta, a sexualized vixen who gradually strips with her combo attacks? All they have to do is tone it done to a suitable level to fit with the standard ESRB rating of T while still remaining faithful to the character’s representation. For Shin Megami Tensei, Jack Frost is the perfect fit out of the entire cast from his cartoony design, demeanor, and franchise representation. His character is an allusion to a folkloric character and not something that is still heavily recognized as a higher power such as YHVH or Lucifer. Ironically, the Shin Megami Tensei series has barely been censored on Nintendo consoles, while Sony, a company more tolerant of mature fare, has censored these games on several occasions, such as editing Adolf Hitler’s name to Fuhror in Persona 2: Innocent Sin on PSP. If Nintendo ends up buying Atlus, I’m confident they will retain their creative freedom as is the status quo.
Predictions

I'm now going to actually use predictions as they were meant to be used. To see how the consensus see's their final scores. For those of you who haven't refreshed the page whilst loading this thread, you may have caught a sneak peek at some of my reasoning for tomorrow.

Eirika
Want - 4.5%

Ugh, we should expect a lot of this series extras to get faulty scores. Makes me think we're bringing them up for wishful thinking. Hey, I can relate. Don't lynch me!

Chance - 1.0%

Mr. Dream Boss Fight
Want - 1.05%

Chance - 1.10%

Nominations
Alt costumes used like recolors by CPU x3
Double Cherry item x2

Last edited:

FancysaurusRex

Smash Apprentice
Flynn

I feel as though everyone else has covered this pretty well, honestly.
There are several old school characters who deserve a third party slot ahead of him, and even some recent ones I would rather see. So no.

Masked Dedede
Chance: 67%

There seem to be a ton more alt costumes this game, and this is one of Dedede's most well known designs, so the only reason I could see not happening is because the Sakurai bias only seems to apply to Kid Icarus. I mean, it did take him until Brawl to even add in newcomers.
Yes please.

Ditto Pokeball x5

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Oh, and to clarify one thing:

Then we have Solid Snake from the Metal gear Solid series, which features tobacco use, scenes of gratuitous violence, child-killing, & genocide, implied masturbation, nudity, and deep political and philosophical subject matter. Yet he remains pretty faithful to his canon form and series spirit! Why couldn't they do the same for Shin Megami Tensei? I go into further detail debunking this in my Jack frost support thread:
I was more talking about the visual side of things. Like trophies and such. A Mara or Mishaguji or Arioch or Diana or Succubus trophy would just not be appropriate. Kids play these games, and if I was a kid I'd be a bit grossed out and uncomfortable seeing those in Smash Bros. Both SMT and MGS deal with more adult/mature themes, but SMT probably can't get away with Smash representation on the visual side due to the sexual nature/nudity of some of the demons. Not to mention some adults may jump to conclusions and get the wrong idea without doing research on the SMT series if they see that in their kids' games, especially if they're religious. I wouldn't want to see that kind of stuff in Smash anyways. It's not like Smash Bros. gives you character development or expositions to any of their stories or personal backgrounds either, save for brief trophy descriptions.

"Satan? Legion? This game is Satanic!"

"Why is that rainbow thing working a pole? Inappropriate, avert thine eyes!"

Of course, it is possible to not have any demons as trophies or background characters in stages and just have protagonists/antagonists. I mean, they could just have Jack Frost, Black Frost, Jack the Ripper, and Pyro Jack trophies...

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Masked Dedede Alt: 15% More likely to be a final smash.
Want: 20%

Flynn: 0%

Eirika: 7.92%
Mr. Dream Boss: 0.31%

x5 In the Final

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Masked Dedede: 5%. Just because a few newcomers have alts doesn't mean every last character will.
Want: 0%. Waste of potential when it's better off as a Final Smash.
Flynn: 0%. Do I need to say?
Want: 0%. Nope.
Chef Kawasaki X5

Groose

Smash Champion
That pun was DDDespicable. You should feel DDDepressed right now.
x5 John Raimi

wait how many of these can I give?
Five nominations per day every day. I didn't include your ones from yesterday until right now because I didn't see you nomination until after I updated the list yesterday.
Nominations: Cain and Abel x5
Erm... what video game are they from? If you're talking about the biblical figures, I'm disbarring that one, pal.

Purchasable DLC newcomers x2 (@ Groose Groose I know you're busy, but could you please also add my five nomz for this concept from yesterday? You seem to have missed them)
LEAVE IT TO GROOSE!

Flynn: 0% chance and 0% want
There's a very slim chance that someone from Shin Megami manages to get into Smash. However, according to my research, Flynn would not be that person. I'd be pretty unhappy with pretty much anyone from this series as well because I'm just so unfamiliar with it and there are a few other third-parties I'd like.

Masked Dedede Alternate Costume: 25% chance and 100% want
I'm still not convinced we'll have as many alternate costumes as it seems. Additionally, there's also the chance that this could be a final smash instead of a costume. While I don't really expect this, it would be pretty cool, and I'm certainly not opposed to simple costumes like this.
In the Final x5
CHOWTIME! That's what I thought Bowser always said when I first played through Inside Story.

DAY OVER

You better get it with a money back guarantee!

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Flynn
0.22% chance
11.29% want

We're really getting into a pattern of having really, really low chance scores and pretty low want scores, aren't we? Flynn succeeds Owain and Oocoo in that regard.

Masked Dedede
40.51% chance
56.94% want

Ironically enough, his score is somewhat comparable to Waddle Dee's--decent chance score. positive want score.
Let's not start a Deebate, though. We just finished a DDDbate, and it's time to move on from the Kirby franchise.

Speaking of moving on, we're heading into the realm of no sympathy and FINALLY discussing a Fire Emblem character from a game I own. That's right, we're discussing Eirika, star of the GBA title the Sacred Stones. In addition, it's time to talk about some more Punch-Out; can Mr. Dream make it as a boss? Please rate Eirika and a Mr. Dream boss in chance and want.

Tomorrow? It's going to be a dedicated music day. SHOWTIME! We're pitting "In the Final" from Bowser's Inside Story up against "You Will Know Our Names" from Xenoblade; predict how each epic theme will do.

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Eirika:
Chance: 6% Our 3rd,4th,and 5th FE reps in SSB4 are from a game called “Awakening”…and this guy called Roy.
Want: 90% Cute.

Mr. Dream Boss:
Chance: 1% His role was taken over at least twice by now, and I think even Aran Ryan would be considered as a boss before Mr. Dream.
Want: 0% /He'sNotMikeTyson.

Nomtination: Kiddy Kong x5.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Erm... what video game are they from? If you're talking about the biblical figures, I'm disbarring that one, pal.
Cain and Abel are actually the first two cavaliers in the Fire Emblem franchise, and the first of the "Cain" and "Abel" archetypes that are in almost every other Fire Emblem game. They are loyal to Marth and are among the first units you get in the game. They've actually appeared in four different games throughout the Fire Emblem franchise thanks to remakes.

Cain is the red one and Abel is the green one. If you've played Awakening, Sully and Stahl are the game's respective "Cain" and "Abel". In fact, their support conversation actually mentions them. They declare that they'll strive to be as good as the legendary "Bull" and "Panther". Sully says she'll try to be like the "Bull", which Stahl thinks is a little strange (since Sully is a woman, and Cain is the rougher of the two). Stahl then agrees and says he'll strive to be like the "Panther".

The two are like brothers, which is the reason that they're named after the Biblical figures. (Unlike the Biblical Cain and Abel, though, Cain doesn't kill Abel and the two actually don't even have a falling out in the game. It's sort of like how Marth's name is based off of Mars despite Marth being fairly kind and peaceful.)

I'm specifically nominating the concept of the two as an Ice Climber-esque duo.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Damn I missed the previous day by about 30 minutes, o well
Eirika
Chance: 4% At this point it's Chrom or Chrom and maybe if you think really hard maybe Robin, a shame really but if Lyn didn't stand a chance and is a really popular character I don't see Eirika happening anytime soon.

Want: 60% I really like her design and is for one of the more underated games in the series, the music from that game is also really great.

Mr. Dream Boss
Chance: 0% we don't need bosses in all stages, Punch Out stage already has gimmick so this might be over the top
Want: 0% the same as above, no need to throw bosses in every stage
But on horses right,
I see you know a lot of Fire Emblem so I will ask you if you know what cavaliers broke the archeype? (the green with the growths of the red and viceversa)

Nominations
Amazon Pandora x 5

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
But on horses right,
I see you know a lot of Fire Emblem so I will ask you if you know what cavaliers broke the architype? (the green with the growths of the red and viceversa)
Exactly :awesome:

The pair that broke the archetype was Ruke and Rody.

I'll rate tomorrow in all likelihood.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Eirika Likelihood: 1%
Want: 50%

Mr. Dream Likelihood: 15%
Want: 40%
Give me Mr. Sandman.

Rhythm Rep (not Chorus Kids) x5

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Eirika

Blue haired lord, sword user, main character. Fits the criterion, but unfortunately, it's not happening. She's guaranteed to differ from Marth and Ike as a product of specializing in rapiers. Her fencing style would be unique in theory. It's kind of a niche within a niche, but it beats the heck out of a another straight up vanilla sword user. I don't even want to discuss the bride class. It's totally absurd.

This is one of my all time favorites. Sigurd is my number one, but Eirika is a close second. As a fan, I would love to see her make it.

Mr. Dream (Boss)

Chance: 20%
It's possible, which is about as much as I can say.

Want: 10%
I'd rather have Iron Mike. He's the original boss from the NES port, real life celeb or not.

Erika
Chance- 50%
Could be a potential replacement since Red/Pokemon Trainer is likely gone. Erika has lots of relevancy as she is an important character in two generations.
Want- 50%
Pretty good choice, and could get use some Grass Pokemon representation (sorry Sceptile). Would prefer to see Sabrina first, though.
Before you crossed out your post, you really sounded like you knew what you were talking about. I would of backed you on it. Erico is the ideal candidate for a Pokemon grass rep, and you can never have too many Pokemon.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Eirika Chance: 0%
"Insert rant about this character having absolutely no chance whatsoever"
NO!

Mr. Dream Boss Likelihood: 10%
First off, there is no way we are going to have a boss on the Punch Out stage. We already have the overhead lights falling on top of the fighters. However, he may appear as a boss enemy in Smash Run. We haven't seen anything from Punch Out in Smash Run yet, and a boss character is the only thing I can come up with that might appear. But I don't see any point for him, there are so many better characters they could use for bosses.
Stupid Mike Tyson ripoff is stupid.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Eirika

Chance: 1%
We all know that the next FE newcomer is going to be from Awakening, and if Sakurai wants a female rep from that series he'll go for either Fem!Robin or Lucina.

Want: 10%
I liked her in Sacred Stones, but not enough to be a SSB character.

Mr. Dream

Chance: 20%
As a boss hazard on the Boxing Ring? Extremely unlikely. A boss in the Wii U or 3DS adventure mode? Perhaps, but I still doubt it.

I'd rather have Mike Tyson, even though that's a pipe dream.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
You get a zero! And you get a zero! EVERYONE GETS A ZERO!
Eirika - Double zeroes
You know, something about her in her game rubbed me the wrong way. I simply didn't like her.
And why would Nintendo dig up a character from a game that's been passed for a long time now? I hate bringing up the relevancy argument here, but even then there are so many other (better) lords to choose from. And why choose a lord? I want a mage, knight or even an archer!
Mr. Dream also gets double zeroes. He's pretty much a replacement scrappy in terms of popularity, since Mike Tyson's contract expired with Nintendo so they replaced him with this guy who had no personality. I greatly prefer Mr. Sandman as Little Mac's ultimate opponent in the Wii version,
well, aside from Donkey Kong but he's already a playable character
give us him if we're getting someone as a boss! Even then, King Hippo is far more iconic than either of them. I'd like Aran Ryan over all of these guys of course, but he's getting an assist trophy at best.
Oh hey, looks like we're getting a battle of the bands tomorrow!
In The Final - 40%
You Will Know Our Names - 60%
Dry Bowser Alt Costume x5

Oh by the way, this may come across as me still having :shaker: over Aran Ryan but...
Flynn
0.22% chance
11.29% want

We're really getting into a pattern of having really, really low chance scores and pretty low want scores, aren't we? Flynn succeeds Owain and Oocoo in that regard.​
This is ridiculous. A 3rd party character (from ATLUS no less!) got a higher chance score? And Groose didn't even mention him. My god. I really nominated the worst possible character huh
Yarne and Owain tag team x5
P.s: Use the one further above, not this one. This one is a joke.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Erika

Want: 10% I like her just staying in Sacred Stones.

Mr. Dream

Chance: 5%
Want: 0% Don't even know who he is.

andimidna

Smash Master
Cain and Abel are actually the first two cavaliers in the Fire Emblem franchise, and the first of the "Cain" and "Abel" archetypes that are in almost every other Fire Emblem game. They are loyal to Marth and are among the first units you get in the game. They've actually appeared in four different games throughout the Fire Emblem franchise thanks to remakes.

Cain is the red one and Abel is the green one. If you've played Awakening, Sully and Stahl are the game's respective "Cain" and "Abel". In fact, their support conversation actually mentions them. They declare that they'll strive to be as good as the legendary "Bull" and "Panther". Sully says she'll try to be like the "Bull", which Stahl thinks is a little strange (since Sully is a woman, and Cain is the rougher of the two). Stahl then agrees and says he'll strive to be like the "Panther".

The two are like brothers, which is the reason that they're named after the Biblical figures. (Unlike the Biblical Cain and Abel, though, Cain doesn't kill Abel and the two actually don't even have a falling out in the game. It's sort of like how Marth's name is based off of Mars despite Marth being fairly kind and peaceful.)

Wow! I never knew this. Would Sain and Kent be an example of this?

-----------

Eirika:
Chance: 0.1%
Sorry, but this is all I can give her.
I find Ephraim more likely for a Sacred Stones rep, and I find a Sacred Stones rep next to impossible.
It was only represented by stickers and trophies in Brawl, and with Awakening being such a big deal at the moment, why give it even an assist trophy now?
For a non-Awakening newcomer, I'd call Micaiah the most likely, but even she is very unlikely.
And there's a long list of characters to pull from Awakening.
Awakening Awakening Awakening.
Awakening.
Want: 80%
There are very few female Fire Emblem characters I don't have any want for :3
Sacred Stones deserves more than it got in Brawl (even though I find it unlikely), I would welcome her with open arms.
But I also want an Awakening character ;)

Mr. Dream Boss
Chance: 3%
There are very few things going for this or pointing to it...
Want: 25%
Give me King Hippo or give me death Mike Tyson Aran Ryan

Predictions
Bowser Song: 39%
You will know our names: 94%
**** yea
Shulk is a shoo-in=a stage is a shoo-in=the most well-known song of the game is a shoo-in

x5 Agitha

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Flynn
0.22% chance
:ohwell: We'll never get a 0% chance.

Moving on. I'm just going to clump these two together because there so similar but I will give an explanation for each.

Eirika - I feel confident that Chrom is the only FE character and if others like Lyn could't get in then it seems incredibly unlikely for her.
Mr Dream boss - The Punch-Out stage is already pretty complex as it is when you compare it to Willy's Catle or Find Mii. It'd be overkill for any more hazads in the stage not to mention it was already played on at E3.

Want: abstain
:glare: Eh, don't know what to think of them.

Predictions:
In the Final - 15.4%
You will know our names - 45%

Nominations:
5 x DKC: Tropical Freze representation

Edit: Actually, change my chance of Mr Dream boss to 7% as he could be a smash run boss.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Eirika - 0% and 0%
Mr. Dream as a Boss - 5% and Abstain

predict:
In the Final - 25%
You Will Know Our Names - 98%

nominate:
Jill Valentine x5

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Disney Fire Emblem Princess:

Chance 8.88%
want 88%

Anyone familiar with Fire Emblem knows she's one of the important characters, but she's among the less fortunate that don't have 'relevance' by their side. She's the main character of Sacred Stones and among the lords she was one of the dignified with several cameos in Awakening. In terms of likeliness the Awakening cast are the focus, anyone else seems unlikely other than maybe Roy. I like Eirika in Sacred Stones, and she could bring a faster and unique fighting style with her rapier. I believe her fighting style is called fencing.

Mr. Dream Boss

chance Abstain
want 25%

x5 John Raimi

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Erika
Chance- 50%
Could be a potential replacement since Red/Pokemon Trainer is likely gone. Erika has lots of relevancy as she is an important character in two generations.
Want- 50%
Pretty good choice, and could get use some Grass Pokemon representation (sorry Sceptile). Would prefer to see Sabrina first, though.

Eirika
Chance- 2.5%
Ok, I admit that I had to go to Google for this one. I don't know much about her, but hey, I did my research. My conclusions are not much more positive than anyone else's.
Want- 6%
Just because I gave Owain 5%, and it would be unfair to rate him higher. :p

Mr. Dream Boss
Chance- 1%
I'm assuming we're talking about a stage boss, which isn't going to happen. I wish we knew more about the other game modes, particularly for the Wii U. I guess it's not impossible he could have some other kind of role, but I just don't have much to go off of.
Want- 0%
Don't really want more stage bosses; but again, he might be ok in some sort of other role.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nominations post has been updated.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Eirika
Chance - 0%
I'm going to forget about Gematsu giving us Chrom for now. Also going all out on this since Pacack showed interest and I want to live up to that.

When it comes to Fire Emblem characters, kind of like Pokemon, there's a lot of choices. A LOT. And the way I see it, here's the list in terms of likelihood:

Chrom
Robin ---> Awakening trio likely given awakening's fame, popularity and Arena Ferox being the first specific Fire Emblem stage.
Lucina
---
Roy --> Veteran
Lyn --> Only FE assist trophy reflecting her popularity, first FE lord for the west.
---
Anna
Hector
Ephraim --> Lords/main character/recurring character that offer diversity of moveset and some merit for inclusion
Micaiah
Celica
---
Sigurd --> I believe both of these were at least considered for Melee
Leif
---
Eirika
Eliwood --> Remaining lords/main characters I can think of that don't offer as much diversity and don't have other
Seliph qualities to offer in terms of Smash Bros. recognition that I can think of (such as popularity)
Sothe

Notice where Eirika figures. Not exactly high on the priority list. And this is just thinking of main characters and lords of the series. There's a bunch of other characters who I thought of who could conceivably go in this list based on their popularity within their games and within their series, along with offering awesome possibilities (Black Knight, Soren ... heck, even Tharja) but not including them here since some are subjective and probably not worth even mentioning.

That's about twelve characters that figure over Eirika based on criteria I believe matter for consideration of a Fire Emblem character.

Additionally, it doesn't help that Eirika and Ephraim are pretty much tied in terms of importance, and the addition of one over the other makes no sense to me. And if any of them were added, Ephraim would make more sense given he at least has a different weapon. But even then, it'd make more sense for both to enter together. But, that's not what I'm rating here, so shucks.

Even more, Magvel is, I believe, the one continent of the Fire Emblem series to have only one appearance. Marth's continent (Achaenia ... ok, don't remember the spelling) has featured in a bunch of games, and it's the same one as Chrom. Ike's (Tellius) has Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Roy and Lyn's (Elibe) had Fuuin no tsurugi and rekka no ken. Given this, I'm not keen on expecting much from the Sacred Stones games. (and if so, I'd personally like Ephraim, Joshua or Lyon a lot more.)

And hey, I just remembered something ... Gematsu! Which I believe to be accurate, which means Chrom has a huge huge chance. Did I give him 85%? I think so. So, that really leaves Eirika pretty much with extremely unlikely chances because now Chrom is nearly confirmed and a fourth Fire Emblem character would be 1) absurd and extremely not likely, and 2) most definitely not another sword lord, unless they're called Roy/Lucina.
Yes, she's not Owain ... but at this point, like I said, it's a really negligible difference from 0% to less than 1%.

Nah, screw it, I convinced myself too much, she gets a 0%.

Right, and in case Brawler610 was playing his own game, awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening.

Want - 0%
It'd make no sense to me and I personally would be annoyed for Eirika to be playable but not Lyn. But that's just because I happen to like Lyn more, find her more important, more iconic, offers more as a fighter than being female, and her playing style would probably offer more than another lord that uses a rapier. Yes guys, conceptually Eirika is the same as most Fire Emblem lords. At least Chrom/Sigurd/Eliwood had lances.
That said, I want to mention I really had nothing against Eirika in her game. I like Sacred Stones, it'd a great game, great story, etc etc. But she just doesn't have the chops for Smash Bros inclusion.
Also, I love Fire Emblem but people nominating their favorite unlikely Fire Emblem character is a bit tiring.

Mr. Dream boss
Chance - 2%
There's some chance, but it's probably not high at all given so many iconic boxers being probably more likely than him. You know, since in the end Mr. Dream is just a not-Tyson alternative.

Want - 0%
Give me King Hippo, or Soda Popinski, or Mr. Sandman, or Macho Man ... like I said, there's a lot more interesting, iconic boxers they could use.

Predictions
In the Final - 8.7%
don't know how to predict music, but I find it bordering unlikely more than possible. Sadly.
You will know our names - 83%
I'd be extremely extremely shocked if this song doesn't come with Shulk. It should have the same chance.

Nominations
x5 Unrevealed newcomers as unlockables

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eirika

Chance: 1% - Thats about as much as I can give her. If even Lyn wind up as non-playable, I don't see Eirika getting that much luck.
Want: 10% - Found her OK in Sacred Stones but would rather not see her playable in Smash.

Mr. Dream

Chance: 1% - Probably won't see a Punch-Out boss happening...and besides, boxers like Bald Bull would likely get in before the Dream.
Want: 0% - No thanks, you're not Mike Tyson.

Nomination

Masked Dedede final smash x1
Chibi-Robo x1
6 Mario characters x3

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I believe Quadruple zeroes are in order. That is all.

Lana x 5

Now, to elaborate.
Eirika isn't all that important in the grand scheme of Fire Emblem, appearing in only one game, and having to share spotlight with her (spear-weilding and more interesting) brother. I also found her personality to be kind of cliché.

Mr. Dream Boss... looks like he's a Punch Out villian, who I never knew about. Chances of playability are obviously none, and want is appropriately zero.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Eirika:

Chance: 5%. There are a lot of characters that have priority over her, I would think. Including her would be more random than most Awakening characters (but not Owain dammit). If there's a character from any GBA Fire Emblem, it's going to be Lyn, who is disconfirmed, or Roy.
Want: 70%. Haven't played Sacred Stones, but from what I know, still worlds better than Chrom.

Mr. Dream Boss:

Chance: 0%. A boss on what? The Punch-Out stage? That would completely ruin the point of the stage, in my opinion. Plus, it wouldn't make sense in the context of the game, I'm pretty sure other boxers can't just interfere with the match. Unless the character in question was Aran Ryan, that is.
Want: 0%. I don't think anyone would really care. He's basically a reskin of Mike Tyson when MT wasn't available, and Mr. Sandman has almost always been the Final Boss otherwise.

------ Nominations:

Non Chorus-Men as Rhythm Heaven character x5

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Eirika
Chance: 1%
Idk why we need to rate literally every character from the Fire Emblem series. We are getting Chrom, or MAYBE Robin. The fact that she's not an Awakening character is what single-handedly kills this debate

Mr. Dream
Chance: 5%
When we first saw the concept of boss characters, I was pretty intrigued, but after seeing it in motion on the Mega Man stage, the less we have the better. I could see the Boxing Arena have a boss character, but if it's gunna be someone it's probably gunna be one of the more iconic characters from the series, rather than someone shoe-horned in for when Tyson's contract expired.

Nominations
Olimar Alternate Costumes (Louie, President, Alph, Brittany, and Charlie) x5
(Just a word that the list of Nominations says "Olimar Alternate Cutscene" which I'm pretty sure is a typo)

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Eirika
Chance: 0% - Sacred Stones is now long forgotten, I would be very surprised if it got a playable character, also people tend to prefer Ephraim.
Want: 70% - She has my support regardless.

Mr. Dream Boss
Chance: 0% - Anyone whose played the boxing ring stage in the demo can tell you that it does not have a boss. With story mode more or less deconfirmed, I'm convinced that the only kind of bosses we're getting (aside from classic mode's Master Hand and Crazy Hand) are stage hazard bosses like the Yellow Devil. If we somehow still manage to get a Punch Out boss at this point, then it will definitely be either Mr. Sandman or King Hippo.
Want: 0% - I have no desire to see this.

Predictions
In the Final: 12%
You will know our names: 74%

Nominations: Shepard x5

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Wow! I never knew this. Would Sain and Kent be an example of this?
They are indeed. Sain is the Cain (the name similarity there is no coincidence) and Kent is the Abel.

Eirika:

Chance: 3.34%
She's unlikely. I gladly admit that. It's extremely unlikely we're getting her. However, she's not worthy of a zero because she has a few things going in her favor.

A: Uniqueness.
Eirika fights using a style of fencing. This is canonically because Ephraim taught her to fight and taunt her techniques that are typically for the lance. As such, she'd actually fight like a lance user even though she uses a sword. This opens up possibilities that haven't been explored in Smash so far.

B: Resurgence in popularity.
830,000 were given Sacred Stones for free via the Ambassador program. The original game sold about .9 million, or 900,000. That's a massive amount of people that got to try the game that hadn't before. It's unlikely, but it's possible that Sakurai considered this when looking for a new Fire Emblem character if he didn't find Chrom satisfactory.

And before you ask, no, Ephraim is not just as important as Eirika. She's there for half the game before you meet up with him, and you have the option to play strictly as Eirika's path even when Ephraim's path is introduced. So he's less than half as important as his sister.

I am one of the people who didn't play any of the Fire Emblem games until the Ambassador Program gave me Sacred Stones.

I loved it.

Fire Emblem is now one of my favorite game franchises of all time and Sacred Stones in particular is in my list of top ten favorite games, having played it three times through now.

Eirika in particular is my favorite Lord, followed closely by Robin. While I want Robin as well because of moveset potential, I'd gladly take Eirika as well and might even want her more than Robin.

However, this is just personal preference and I can understand if you don't have a personal connection with her.

Abstaining from Mr. Dream.

Predictions:
In the Final: 15.66%
You Will Know Our Names: 55.55%

Nominations: Cain and Abel x5

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Erikia's chances: 0.5% - I would be extremely surprised to see Sacred Stones get a character, but I don't think a lord deserves a zero.
Want: 10% - I'd rather not.

Mr. Dream: 0.5% - As others have said we're not likely to get a Punch-Out boss, and if we did it would likely be someone else.
Want: 0% - Nah.

In the Final prediction: 10.34%
You Will Know Our Names prediction: 80.18%

Rhythm Heaven character (not Chrous Kids) x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Eirika

Chance - 0% - Nope, Roy or some Awakening character has a better shot.

Want - 0% - You do realize that Marth's current fighting style is based on fencing already, right? That's why the tipper exists: to be more like fencing.

Mr. Dream boss battle

Chance - 0% - I'd expect someone from the Wii Punch-Out game before anyone else. Why him, of all characters?

Want - 20% - Might be fun, but I'm sota half-rooting for Mr. Sandman.

Predictions

"In the Final" - 7.35% - Music is kinda hard to predict.

"You Will Know Our Names" - 92.36% - This should be a popular pick!

Nominations

Masked Dedede Final Smash X5

D

Deleted member

Right, and in case Brawler610 was playing his own game, awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening awakening.
Oh no, I'm not playing my game! I'm against drinking anyway!

Eirika
Chance:
0%

Awakening, Awakening, Awakening!
Awakening
is the newest Fire Emblem game out right now.
Awakening is the game that saved the franchise.
Chrom is a part of the Gematsu leak. What game does he come from? Awakening.
Who are the other major contenders? There's veteran Roy of course, but there is also Robin and Lucina. What game to they appear in? Awakening.
Awakening is the big thing right now. It has its foot firmly in the door with Arena Ferox being a stage on the 3DS version, Id~Purpose being played on a stage, and having Tiki's design for her trophy come from Awakening.
The series has moved passed from Eirika and we are in the age of Awakening right now. I'm sorry Eirika, but this is your rude Awakening.
Awakening, Awakening, Awakening!
I only played one Fire Emblem game. It was Awakening. Though, I can play the Sacred Stones right now thanks to the Ambassador Program... but that's beside the point.
I really have no connection with her and her game, so I can't say that I want her. Also, she's a lord in her game, right? So she uses a sword? Well, if I want a swordsman from Fire Emblem, I rather have Owain; he wouldn't bring much to the table, but he would be absolutely hilarious to have in Smash. Heck, if I want another swordsman, I would rather have Chrom, and that's only because I want Shulk since they are both a part of the Gematsu leak.
If I want a female Fire Emblem character, then I (admittedly) rather have Tharja get in Smash. At least a whole moveset based on magic and tomes would be interesting at the very least.
And where do those characters come from? ...Awakening.

Mr. Dream Boss
Chance:
0%

The Boxing Arena doesn't have a boss. Even if it does, I doubt that it would be Mr. Dream of all characters. He only exists because Nintendo lost the license to use Mike Tyson in the game and thus Mr. Dream replaced him. Punch Out!! has moved passed him and he wasn't even present or mentioned in the Wii game. I doubt that we will ever see this guy again.
No.

You Will Know Our Names Prediction: 90.48%
The Monado Boy is guaranteed to be in the game. I think that this song will come with him. I can't wait to see the want rating!
In The Final Prediction: 45.87%
There will be some hopefuls. Can't wait for the want rating on this too!

You know what has been bothering me? We've rated Spyro, but not this guy. Let's rate his Sony friend now.
Nominations: Crash Bandicoot 5x

In case you are wondering, I have said Awakening 15 times, 16 if you count this.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Erikia: 0%. Over Chrom? Yeah no.
Want: 30%. Neat design.
Mr Dream: 0%. The ring didn't have a stage hazard in the demo, and I'd imagine the stage would be complete by now.
Want: 0%. Doesn't seem worth it.
Chef Kawasaki X5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom