• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Owain:
Chance: 33%
I think he has a lot more going for him than people realize. He's a recognizable character from Fire Emblem Awakening, has lots of moveset potential, but I think that the biggest thing he has going for him is that he has Sakurai at sword point right now, and is demanding he be put into smash in order to steady his killing hand. You ever wonder how Sakurai got his arm injury? Kellam was even able to get a picture of it, although it's pretty graphic:

Now you may be wondering "then why is his score so low? Surely Sakurai likes having his arms attached as much as anyone else". But owain and his henchmen are under fierce siege by Yarne, who (under his internet name Sal Romano) has recruited several warriors to help free Sakurai, such as Villager, wii fit trainer, and even Chrom himself. Yarne was determined to get revenge on Owain after he was left to die in their tag- team match against the fabled Ike climbers. The battles have been fierce, as both sides have suffered massive casualties; saki, midna, and many others were annihilated by Owain's AT blaster, while the entire wonderful 101 were defeated when Yarne personally led the Power rangers against them. Yet the tides seem to be turning in Yarne's favor, as he has been using mass-produced versions of the Groosinator to lay siege to Owain's castle. Unless Owain can summon Ridley with thousands of mk-47s on his back, it appears that Owain is doomed. (Though he won't die since he's playing on casual)
So why the 33%? So that you would read this:awesome: in all honesty 3% is his actual chance.
Want: 100%
Only of he gets codec calls aka snake...
Nom Frederick ATx5

Last edited:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Owain:
chance: 35%
sakurai is obviously unpredictable people recognize him for how he speaks and well seems interesting but only thing i would concern is that he isent really a forced character to have if i remember correctly.

Bowser jr:
chance: 50%
Interesting move set possibility and bring more variety but i think we have enough mario characters already

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Owain
chance 1%
want 0%

Owain is so popular and important that -wait no he's not significant enough to stand among the Fire Emblem lords and regulars. I believe that popular characters like him are candidates for Assists and that's about all he has -popularity. I would rank Owain below Chrom, Lucina, Tiki, Robin, Anna, Roy, and even Lissa and Tharja.

Bowser Jr.
chance 25%
want 0%

In the event Mario gets a second newcomer there are only two characters I realistically see being considered and Jr. is one of them. However I don't see a second newcomer happening and I can't say I want it either.

x5 John Raimi

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Today we'll be discussing Bowser Jr. The Koopa Princess​

Anyways,
Owain:Double 0's.

Bowser Jr.
Chance:30%
I find it possible to get another Mario newcomer an find it sort of odd that we already know all 5, so I believe there may be one more as a secret, unlockable character.

Want:50%
Don't really care either way.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Owain Chance: 0.00000000000001% Who?
Want: 0% No

Bowser Jr. Chance: 15% If we get another Mario fight, it's him or Captain Toad.
Want: 95% After a Toad.

Predictions:
Two Retros: 15%
Lor Starcutter: 6.78%

Noms: Warrior of Light x5

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Owain

Chance & Want: Double zero all the way across the sky. :crying:

Bowser Jr.

Chance: 0%
There's no way I see a sixth rep coming down the pipe (ahahaha) for a pipsqueak with a paint brush and a cheap bandana. He's popular and now, but Rosalina kind of ruined his chances. Guess Nintendo decided that putting in tall super models was the best way to sell games. No disrespect to Rosalina, Samus, Palutena, Peach, Zelda and WFT. They're all worthy combatants, but Jesus, they're amazons.

Want: 0.5% (Round it up if you'd like.)
Bowser's enough. I don't need to see the Koopa family tree gumming up the works. Look what happened in Mario Kart. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. Granted, I do like Ludwig and Wendy, but still!

Burigu

Smash Ace
I was hopping for so long to rate the legend that is Owain

Owain
He is a funny character in Awakening no doubt, but he is just to minor to the series to be a serious contender

Want: 0.1% I find his hair model a bit off, I have to admit I only see him in the Future Past DLC since I have never married Lissa to anyone. Part of my bias to favor female characters and Galeforce ( I know he can have Galeforce) I just like women

Bowser Jr
Chance: 1%
Honestly after Rosalina I find really unlikely another Mario rep, and since here we don't factor DLC, I will not bother myself theorising his chances in that regard.

Want: 0%
Bowser Jr. is a really good character to the Mario series don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed his first appearence in Mario Sunshine, but that was in my opinion his best appearance in the series, since other games focus more on the gameplay rather than the overal story, his character has become less appealing to me, the novelty of the Shadow Mario transformation is also gone.

Maybe this is a really little detail but Bowser Jr. has grown progresively throught the series, being a small character in Sunshine, Double Dash and Power Tennis, and almost of a similar height to Peach in Mario Galaxy and a medium racer in Mario Kart Wii, so I am not sure how he will look with the paintbrush as part of this moveset, executable YES of course, but for me it would look a bit off.

Lastly as much as I love the Mario series if I were to choose a paint based character I would choose the Inklings from Splatoon for that kind of role. I am aware Inklings ARE NOT happening but in my eyes the have some interesting features, that if the series is successful might be considered for a future game or even if not successful since we have Captain Rainbow represented and the game didn't do well

Nominations
Amazon Pandora x 5

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Won't be at home for most of the day so here's a really quick rating.

Abstaining from Owain.

Bowser Jr. - 4%

Since he could be at least partially a clone of Bowser, he is pretty much the only Mario newcomer I could see us getting at all at this point, maybe Dr. Mario too.

Still, I doubt Mario will get more than one Newcomer anyway.

Want - 90%

Paintbrush or not, I would still love to see him.

Galacta Knight x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Owain - 0% and 0% once again.

Bowser Jr. - 4% As a Gematsu + 1 or 2 other newcomers believer, I can't see room for another Mario character, and Paper Mario is just as likely.
Want - 10% He could be fun, but he shouldn't be in before about ten other characters.

Predict:
Lor Starcutter 10%
Two Retros 5%

Nominate Jill Valentine x5

CanadianSmasher1992

Smash Cadet
Owain - Chance: 4%

He's not a very important character in Fire Emblem Awakening and he has major competition with Chrom and also Robin and Anna. He doesn't have zero percent because at least he's somewhat of a popular character.

Abstain from Want

Bowser Jr. - Chance: 17%

If there are six Mario reps, Bowser Jr. has a fairly decent chance to take up that slot. But there hasn't been anything that suggests we will end up having that many Mushroom Kingdom characters. On top of that, there's the Gematsu leak, which hurts his chances greatly. He also has competition with Paper Mario, who I feel is more likely to be the sixth Mario character if we were to have one. Still, he could have a very unique moveset and he is also a villain, which is lacking in the newcomers we have so far.

Want: 85%

Bowser Jr. doesn't seem to be a very popular choice here, so I feel kind of weird giving him such a high rating. But I've always really liked Bowser Jr. ever since Super Mario Sunshine. And I'm still heartbroken that he was absent from Mario Kart 8, so his inclusion into Smash 4 would be so awesome.

Predictions:
Two Retros 12.75%
Lor Starcutter: 1.60%

Nominations: 6 Mario characters x5

Last edited:

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
Owain: 0%
Not so famous than Chrom or lucina

Bowser Jr: 90%
Very problably presen form a bad guy of super mario bros

Groose

Smash Champion
No update tonight. Two reasons behind it--first, I want to return to afternoon updates; they're harder for me to do consistently, but they work so much better. Second, there's a thunderstorm going on and my power has already briefly cut out once. So, until tomorrow!

You said it brudda. I especially liked this track from DKC: TF. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA2WjP6sgrc
Now onto ratings.
As one of my side projects, I'm trying to make a list of ten favorite DK songs. Amiss Abyss is fighting to earn a spot towards the bottom of that list--and considering it's an amazing song, that speaks volumes for the music of the series.

EDIT - I hadn't actually looked at my old Owain rating before doing today's, so I'm just going to leave it here because the difference in opinion is priceless.
When I joined, I thought Hades would be a pretty stupid playable character. Oh, and I thought Shulk could be kinda cool, but I didn't consider him anything special. Makes me laugh when I look back at it. We've been at this game for over a year now, and lots of stuff has changed for all of us!

Protoman x5
I approve of this nomination.
I mean... WHAAAAAAAAT?!? I am simply stunned at this.
Personally, I do think they both have absolutely no chance. I do concede, however, that Aran Ryan would be added before Ooccoo as the roster approached an infinite amount of slots. He would probably make it when the roster was only a few hundred slots large whereas Ooccoo would probably have to wait until the ten-thousand range.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Owain: Double zeros.

Now that that's out of the way...

Bowser Jr

Basically, I haven't been that sold on him. The Shadow Mario idea was always horrible, IMO. How to prevent him from just being Bowser's Toon Link? Well, he could use the clown copter thingie... He could steal from the Koopalings, etc. The paintbrush could be used for a move, but I doubt his move set would be based around it. I have a hard time thinking he wouldn't borrow some moves from Bowser.

But now there's not a lot of room left, he was left out of Mario Kart 8, and among the non-Gematsu characters, there are some clear favorites (Mewtwo, Ridley and K Rool) and a few others I see as more likely (Takamaru, Isaac and Dixie). Two Mario newcomers when things are so tight and there are strong candidates for other series that deserve their first newcomers for Smash 4, and one very popular veteran, just doesn't seem likely.

Bowser Jr chance: 2%
Bowser Jr want: 37%
I don't hate him, but there are other character I'd rather see.

Predictions:
Two retros - 15%
This has inexplicably been seen as a rule, so I'm expecting some unrealistically high scores...
Lor Starcutter - 30%
It's a pretty good stage idea but there are plenty of options for that series too.

Nominations:
Chibi-Robo x5

andimidna

Smash Master
Yay the day was extended
Bowser jr
Chance 16%
I overrated him so much last time.
But I still believe he's got more than a 10% chance
Want 45%
Eh... I hate how his supporters dis Rosalina but the character is completely alright with me

Owain
Chance 0.5
One of the few FE character that get more than 0
Want 30
I could list 30 is prefer over him

Pre
2 retro: 3
Lor something: 1.1

X5 agitha

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Owain
Chance: 0% - I don't understand why people keep using that poll to justify giving Owain a higher score than zero. Chrom still beat him in that poll (and Lucina and Female Robin might have too for all we know) and there has never been a time in SSB history where the supporting character got in ahead of the main protagonist. Owain has no chance.
Want: 0% - I never really liked him.

Bowser Jr
Chance: 3% - Don't think this is too low of a score he's one of only 15-20 characters that I'd give higher than a 1% at this point. Nintendo seems to be losing interest in Jr, he hasn't appeared in either 3D World or Mario Kart 8.
Want: 15% - I won't lose any sleep if he doesn't get in.

Predictions
Two Retros: 11%
Lor Starcutter: 42%

Nominations: Commander Shepard x5

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
-Owain: Chance: 100% He's a shoo-in

-Want:
100% I mean he's got the bloody sword arm

(Actually chance it's 0.5%)

-Bowser Jr:
Chance: 10% Definitely got a hit from Rosalina

-Want: 0%
I hate that brat.

Nominations: C-R-O-W-N-E-D X5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Owain
Double 0

Bowser Jr.
Chance - 3%
Last time I gave him a seven percent, post-direct. Now that E3 has passed and the gematsu leaked is pretty much confirmed, I'm cutting his score down.

Want - 40%
As much as I may like him, his score is going down because not being in the leak and still being in the game is the kind of stuff I want for bigger, more important villains like K. Rool and Ridley.

Predictions
Two retros - 11%
We don't even have any retro yet, neither in the roster nor in the leak. I hope people keep that in mind.
Lor Starcutter - 9%
woo more Kirby stages

Nominations
x5 Unrevealed veterans as unlockables

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Owain
Chance- 0.2%
Yeah... no.
Want- 5%
Well, he is somewhat amusing. Fire Emblem deserves a third rep, and we could use someone from Awakening...
... yeah, he's just not important enough to support. But hey, at least he doesn't have blue hair. :awesome:

Bowser Jr.
Chance- 4%
Oh, poor Bowser Jr. Not only is there Rosalina, but between 3D World and Mario Kart 8, I'm beginning wonder if Nintendo doesn't care that much about him anymore. Seriously, Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina got in over him :ohwell:
I would have given him a much higher rating a year ago.
Want- 15%
Don't really want him, but there are far too many worse choices to rate him any lower.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
As one of my side projects, I'm trying to make a list of ten favorite DK songs. Amiss Abyss is fighting to earn a spot towards the bottom of that list--and considering it's an amazing song, that speaks volumes for the music of the series.
So how's it coming along? I imagine that StickerBrush Symphony/Bramble Scramble is overrated at the top as always.

Owain: 0%
Not so famous than Chrom or lucina

Bowser Jr: 90%
Very problably presen form a bad guy of super mario bros
No offence but are you ******????? Oh wait, your just a troll.

Silly me. :grin:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Good thing Groose delayed the cutoff, I left stuff out of my rating, Whoops!

Everything is the same from before, but I missed a prediction:

Prediction
Lor Starcutter (Kirby) as a new stage: Chance - 60%, Want - 74%

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Owain: Double Zeroes
Bowser Jr: 2% chance and 90% want (A Mario Character is always great, plus it deconfirms "Only Gematsu"

Lor Starcutter: 15%
Two Retros: 6%

Noms: Mega Mewtwo Y (standalone character) x5.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Owain - Chance: 10% He's not a very important character in Fire Emblem Awakening
Want:
Double 0% - I never really liked him.
Bowser Jr
Chance: 90% Oh, poor Bowser Jr. Not only :rosalina: cut His Chances for Smash 4 Wii U/3DS But the Shadow Mario transformation is also gone,
And Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina got in over him in Mario Kart 8.

Want: 85%
Bowser Jr. doesn't seem to be a very popular choice here, so I feel kind of weird giving him such a high rating. But I've always really liked Bowser Jr. ever since Super Mario Sunshine. And I'm still heartbroken that he was absent from Mario Kart 8, so his inclusion into Smash 4 would be so awesome.:laugh:

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Chance: 90% Oh, poor Bowser Jr. Not only :rosalina: cut His Chances for Smash 4 Wii U/3DS But the Shadow Mario transformation is also gone,
And Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina got in over him in Mario Kart 8.
Uh... you're giving him a 90% chance (saying that he's almost definitely playable), yet you're bringing up points against him. Am I the only one who can see the contradiction there? Is your score a typo?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Owain:

Yeah, no. He's not important enough, and with Gematsu looking real Fire Emblem is definitely not getting 4 characters.

I hardly even want anyone new from Fire Emblem, and I'd rather have someone important like Chrom.

Bowser Jr:

Chance: 12%

Bowser Jr. is at least important enough to warrant a spot in Smash. I just don't see it happening anymore. Mario is fine with the five that it has at the moment.

Want: 15%
Even if Mario got another character, I wouldn't want BJ. I find him quite boring and overused.

Two Retros: 12.5%
The bigger question is whether we're getting ONE.

Lor Starcutter: 25.7%
An important locale in RTDL. It would fit in well as a stage for sure.

King Kuh Rool x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Owain: Doppelnull
I actually considered giving him above zero in both categories. When considering chance, I must take into account that he's very popular; still, my belief in Gematsu and the fact that you can beat the game and not even be aware that Owain exists teamed up to force me to hand out the zero. As for want, I do like Owain as a character (I've been reading his supports, and they're really quite good), but I don't think he would really bring anything to the table. I suppose he could telegraph his attacks by yelling or something, but that's not interesting enough for me to want him.

Bowser Jr.: 2.5% chance and 100% want
Hmm. I did think that there was actually a pretty large chance (~33%) for a second Mario newcomer after Rosalina's reveal, but my instincts tell me that we're getting only the newcomers Gematsu revealed. I think he's got one of the better chances of breaking that expectation, though; I see him as the clear frontrunner for the next Mario position. I certainly want him in; this time last year, he was not only my most wanted Mario newcomer but one of my most wanted in general; I cooled off on him last fall, but I'd still be very pleased to see him.

x5 "In the Final"
You think that "You Will Know Our Names" will reach the top before me? SHOWTIME!

...on the note of nominations, I haven't added all of the nominations for this day yet (only the ones until my last post), but with my laptop dying off, I don't have time to finish. I'll add them in when I do tomorrow's update, OK?

DAY OVER

“Ungh... Stupid weapon...doesn't work... Should have...given it...a better name...”

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Owain
1.83% chance (was 0.72%)
17.40% want (was 14.51%)
Remember how Owain used to be in dead last on the chance chart? He held that position for months, but he's seen a bit of a resurgence; his chance score nearly tripled and his want went up by a whopping three percent! He's done the Justice Cabal well!
...cue the inevitable Yarne/Owain tag-team rerate...

Bowser Jr.
10.58% chance (was 26.63%)
42.17% want (was 52.60%)

Bowser Jr. has really fallen since last year. Although he was once hailed as one of our most popular and most likely newcomers, both his want and chance score are pretty tepid. I'm afraid of what will happen if he rats us out to his Papa.

Today we're revisiting the Kirby franchise to discuss a potential stage; can the Lor Starcutter make the cut? Also, we'll talk about whether or not we can get two Retro newcomers; this score does not take into account Pac-Man or Little Mac, who are debatably Retro. RATE THEIR CHANCES! ...and want.
Tomorrow we'll be discussing the odds of a Masked Dedede alternate costume and of having Flynn from Shin Megami Tensei playable. Predictions, ho!

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Lor Starcutter
Chance: 50%
It makes sense, but it compete with other Kirby places.
Want: 90%
It would be really interesting to see.

Two Retro
Chance: 50%
Maybe not two, but at least one will probably be in the roster (IMO, Takamaru is the most probable, but who knows)
I like to re-see some old face remaked for Smash!

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Lor Starcutter Chance: 50%
Arguably the most recognizable thing from Return to Dreamland, with plenty of potential for hazards, being unique, you could even have Landia/Magolor as a boss. But I can't justify giving a stage anything more then 50%, because thats just not something we can accurately predict.
Yes! Please! I loved Return to Dreamland, if we got a Magolor boss fight this would instantly become my favorite stage.

2 Retro characters: 15%

I think I'm going to reiterate this again, I don't think Gematsu effects newcomers. If the guy knew the final roster, he would know if Lucas/Ness was cut. Since he didn't know the results of that debate, he must have gotten his info before the roster was finalized, i.e. he does not know the final roster.

As to retro characters... if Little Mac doesn't count, and Pacman doesn't count... First off, Pacman alone is enough retro for this roster, he's basically a living representation of the arcade era. After him, the only retro character who I see having a huge chance is Takamaru. We could get another after him, but quite frankly I will be surprised to see Takamaru, let alone another retro. Pacman is enough retro, other characters need a spot on the roster first.

Want: A big fat 0%
"Retro" is a weird way to spell "villain", I hope that's not a spelling mistake Sakurai made when he was creating this roster.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Owain
1.83% chance (was 0.72%)
17.40% want (was 14.51%)

Remember how Owain used to be in dead last on the chance chart? He held that position for months, but he's seen a bit of a resurgence; his chance score nearly tripled and his want went up by a whopping three percent! He's done the Justice Cabal well!
After all those double zeroes?
RIP in peace Aran Ryan, you cheated my way into my heart and... yeah, you won't be missed.

Lor Starcutter:
Chance - 30%
Might happen, though all it has going for it is Sakurai and that not all stages are announced. So, meh
Want - 60%
Could be cool. I don't care that much but I do sort of want it.
2 Retro Newcomers:
Chance - 0%
Won't happen. Simple as.
Want - 50%
I've never really been attached to any of them aside from R.O.B who might not even be counted as retro. So I don't really have a strong opinion of it. The main retro possibilities, Takamaru and Mach Rider, I don't care about either of them tbh. But I wouldn't mind them, you know?
Predictions:
Masked Dedede alt costume: 31.2%
Flynn - 2%
He ain't happenin' but I see people giving him unreasonable ratings like they did with Owain and the bird.
yes I am still :shaker: about that bird getting more than AR. :|
Nominations: I don't have any other things I want to rate (AR got trashed and Masked Dedede is happening tomorrow).
That's why I'm nominating Yarne/Owain tag-team rerate x5 cause Wynaut :awesome:
Just kidding, You Will Know Our Names x5

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Lor Starcutter: 21%
Want: 50%

Two Retro Characters: 2%
Want: 70%

Masked Dedede Alt: 27%
Flynn: 1.01%

x5 In the Final

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Abstain from Lor Starcutter.

Two Retro Characters: 10%

Chance: Well, considering we have Little Mac, I think we're almost guaranteed getting anot...oh wait, he's not considered to be a retro newcomer? That changes everything!
I think the chances of it happening are really slim. We might only get one more retro character, and s/he will be unlockable. I'm betting that it's Mach Rider, because IIRC Sakurai expressed interest in making him playable at some point.

More classic characters is always interesting, but...where are the villains?

x5 In the Final

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Owain managed to increase his scores? What sort of powerful hex was put in this thread?! He truly is the dark lord!

Lor Starcutter and Two Retro Newcomers have been added to the Directory.

Lor Starcutter
Chance:
5%

With the Halberd returning, I'm skeptical that this will make an appearance as a stage. The Lor Starcutter would at least be a good follow-up if the Halberd didn't return. It does play an important role in Kirby's Return to Dream Land, but I'm expecting to see an area like Cookie Country be a stage.
I'm indifferent.

Two Retro Newcomers
Chance:
1%

The Gematsu leak doesn't give us a lot of space left on the roster and, if you include some unconfirmed veterans, we are at about 47 characters total. Even with this considered, there are other characters that would probably get in before a second retro can, such as King K. Rool or Bandana Dee for example.
What also hurts this concept is the fact that Takamaru is the only real frontrunner for a retro. What hurts even more so is that Takamaru is the most requested retro, but that isn't much of an accomplishment when retros aren't as requested.
Overall, I'm expecting that if we get a retro, it will be Takamaru alone. Even then, I'm skeptical on Takamaru.
I love for old franchises to get revived, I really do, but I rather see many other characters. I want Takamaru, but I don't care for the other options as much.

Masked Dedede Alt Costume Prediction: 5.02%
It's better as a Final Smash.
Flynn Prediction: .14%
No hope.

Nominations: You Will Know Our Names 5x

Hahaha! I would never re-nominate that! I'm not that evil! :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom