• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
DK Silhouette Stage:
Chance: 6%
Want: 85%

Aran Ryan:
Chance: 0.05%
Want: 0%

Predictions:
Owain: 0.21%
Bowser Jr.: 6.5%

Nominations:
Paper Mario x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Simple. You know the outlines for characters on the 3DS? Send that feature to the Wii U and make it the colourif the player's team!
I'm not talking just teams. I'm talking four player free for alls with the same character. Some alternate colors aren't simple "red, blue, green" redesigns. Are we going to program in specific outlines for every recolor, including the weird ones? And even then, what about black recolors? The outline wouldn't be visible.

That, combined with how lackluster the DK stages have been just makes me think we aren't getting it. Seems like too much trouble.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
DK silhouette stage:
Chance: 50%
Want to make a Wii based DK stage? This is pretty much the most stylistic option available! My only concern is how alt palettes would react to this, as if two people are playing as Sonic for example and the only difference is the rings on his gloves it'll be pretty hard to see who is who.

Want: 100%
It might be a bit tricky to pull off, but after seeing Flatzone, I'm sure they could probably do this...and it'd look amazing!
Great stage idea I hadn't even considered before.

Aran Ryan:
Chance: 0%
Not likely.

Although fairly humourous there are at least three other Punch Out characters I'd want before him; Doc Louis, King Hippo and Bald Bull(for having perfect attendance).

Predictions:
Bowser Jr.: 8%
Owain: 0.5%

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Aran Ryan: Why?
Chance and Want: 0%- Again?

DK Silhouette Stage: Game And Watch + DK = Profit
Chance: 40%- Making everyone have a black variant for this stage is cool, but it's likely hard to implement on doubles and whatnot enough. BUT, then again, there's the new effect of having your team color glow around you. It's perfectly doable but I'm guessing maybe they'd go for something else.

Want: 100%- Who wouldn't want this? These stages are eye candy! Visual Spectacles! Some other third thing!

PREDICTIONS:
Bowser Jr.: You had me at Rosalina: .5%
Owain: Really?: .12%

Burigu

Smash Ace
DK Silhouette Stage
So we are not expecting a Game & Watch stage this time around?? they are fairly similar
Chance: 30% I am not sure about this one certainly is unique, but I think the stage will be a bit confusing if it ends up on the big site, so a medium one could be ideal, plus the characters with lots of clothes would be kinda odd, for what I have seen only the tie on DK happens to be red so, I am not sure how this will translate to characters with more clothes or even less clothes.
Want: 30% fairly the same as above, it depends on the way they handle the different details

Aran Ryan:
Chance: 0% Little Mac is good enough right now
Want: 0% Honestly I am not familiar with this series, so I am not sure if I want this kind of bizarre looking boxers, appearing in Smash, Sakurai stated Little Mac moveset was a challenge to pull off so I am not sure if another character with a similar thematic would be as well recieved as Little Mac.

Predictions:
Bowser Jr: 3.45%
Owain: 0.65%

Nominations
Amazon Pandora x 5
Please people help me out!
Just kidding! (congratulations to you if you got the reference)

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
DK Silhouette Stage:

Likelihood: 75%
It's either this or a Generic Jungle for the Returns stage we're so obviously getting, barring something completely out of left field, and I'm leaning toward this one, just based on how iconic it is within Returns (pretty much the most iconic level of the game), as well as how the silhouette trope recurs in Tropical Freeze as well. I don't know whether or not the characters would actually be silhouetted, but they don't need to be for a stage like Sunset Shore to happen.

Want: 75%
This is my second-favorite choice for a Returns stage, behind a Mine Cart Madness tour stage. It'd be another jungle, but with an actual interesting gimmick. I'd still far and away prefer a (K. Rool-less) Gangplank Galleon, but this is definitely a top tier stage choice.

Aran Ryan:

Likelihood: 0%
. . .

Want: 50%
As an Assist Trophy.

Nominate:
Brash the Friggin' Bear x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

DK silhouette stage:
Chance: 50%
It would look amazing, but it would be tricky to pull off with so many characters. Plus we don't have a DK level, but we do have DK music from the Returns I believe. I'm confident that it's possible.

Aran Ryan:
Double 0%
I don't see anymore playable punch out characters other than Little Mac ever.

Nominations:
Mii Wizard/MageX5

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
DK Silhouette stage - 45%

Fantastic atmospheric eye-cander, would set it apart from past DK stages pretty well. The main problem is competition with other potential stages, and technical problems with other characters and, in some cases, their palette swaps.

Want - 95%

This would look wonderful, but I could live without it.

Aran Ryan - Double Zeros.

Punch-Out isn't getting another character, it honestly doesn't need one, and even if it did, it wouldn't be this guy, nor would I want it to be him.

Bowser Jr. Prediction - 7.05%

Owain Prediction - 5%

Galacta Knight x5

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Oh no, I forgot to rate Ms. Pac-Man and Ooccoo! Forgive me! (For the record, I feel Ooccoo could best be used as an item that you place as a mine where Ooccoo Jr. warps you back to Ooccoo when you get to a certain distance near any blast zone to save you from getting KO'd once, in exchange for the item's rarity and your next actual Fall to be worth double points.)

Aran Ryan (Punch Out) as a Playable Character

Chance: 0% - Considering it took 4 games and 15 years just to get LITTLE MAC, wow is Aran gonna have a bxxxx of a time getting in the roster. :p
Want: 0% - Yes, yes, cheating and insanity, but he honestly was kind of forgettable to me compared to the other boxers. While I believe any additional Punch Out character that can participate in the fight itself should only do so as an Assist Trophy, i'd rather take Disco Kid. (BOXERCISE!)

New Stage Based Around Silhouetted Levels of DK Returns

Chance: 52% - While I can't ignore the hardships Sakurai and Co. would take to implement this for a single stage, I look to the aforementioned Brawl Event Match with G&W that already did something similar to Toon Link, Peach and Jigglypuff. Also, I believe they could address some of the issues people have (visibility, mirrors, G&W) by doing this:
Rather than making special silhouetted colors for each individual character, just leave the important parts of a characters' given outfit untouched (Mac's gloves and shorts/wireframe/sweatwear, Link's hat and tunic, etc.) and shade out everything else! That way you can still navigate who's playing who by color while taking some work off. In the case of characters that can't rely on just clothes like G&W and any Pokemon, rather than shade them like the others, just color the entire model as that palette's main color instead to keep from screwing you over (ex. Pikachu colored all yellow, Greninja all blue, Charizard all orange, etc. In the case of G&W's default, just shade it completely white like his CSS icon for Melee's tourney mode.) Anyway, the outlines themselves could be recolored white for this stage to keep the outline effect on without it being useless/redundant.
Want: 100%!!! That is all.

Predictions
Owain (Fire Emblem) as a Playable Character: 15% Chance, 7% Want
Bowser Jr. (Mario) as a Playable Character: 20% Chance, 60% Want

Nominations
Interactible Eternal Darkness representation x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'm not talking just teams. I'm talking four player free for alls with the same character. Some alternate colors aren't simple "red, blue, green" redesigns. Are we going to program in specific outlines for every recolor, including the weird ones? And even then, what about black recolors? The outline wouldn't be visible.

That, combined with how lackluster the DK stages have been just makes me think we aren't getting it. Seems like too much trouble.
Just to point out, the stage wouldn't necessarily have to be dark the entire time. It could even be activated by the players like the lights being dropped on the boxing ring.

And if this was the case, the gimmick would be that everyone is just a silhouette and you have to pay close attention to be aware of where you are. No need for outlines, momentary confusion can definitely be the idea.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Time for a little mood music.

--

DK Silhouette Stage
Chance:
-In Main Game: 10%
-As DLC: 18% (20% assuming not in main game)

The silhouette levels the new Donkey Kong Country games are aesthetic gold. There's nothing quite like suddenly entering a level to realize the entire foreground is solid black save for the Kongs' clothes (or Cranky's beard >_>)...and then realizing how beautiful the art direction is. They're high points in a pair of games with a lot of high points.

But how viable would one be in Smash? What alterations would they have to give character models, items, and summons to make them distinct enough to know exactly what's going on? How would they account for mirror matches and alternate costumes, much less team battles in the Wii U version?

There are so many issues here that I just don't see it happening. The new Donkey Kong stages will probably be based on Returns (and maybe Gangplank Galleon as well, if K. Rool is in), but I think they'd rather use something that represents the series and doesn't create a ton of problems. Maybe they'll be more likely to take a risk with it as a DLC stage, who knows.

Want: 60%

But if one does make it in, then hey, I'm for it. I'd be concerned about the action blurring together with almost all the action being solid black, but as a more creative type I can appreciate more artistic stages.

...As long as they're implemented better than Hanenbow. >_>

Aran Ryan
Chance:
-Initial Roster: 0%
-As DLC: 0%
-As Assist Trophy: 10%
-As Collectible Trophy: 40%

Okay, guys, the joke's gone on long enough. Punch-Out may have been revived, but it's not nearly at the level of notoriety where it needs a second rep. Aran Ryan may be memorable for fighting dirty, but he'd be far back in a line to even be an Assist Trophy, behind the likes of the iconic Bald Bull, King Hippo, and even Glass Joe. I could see him being a regular trophy you collect, but only if Punch-Out gets enough trophy spots that it doesn't feel like he's getting one over other boxers that are just as memorable but more well known.

And I just don't see how he'd bring more to the table to any other newcomers. We don't need likely half-clones, we need uniqueness and variety.

Chance Predictions
Owain: 6.51%
Bowser Jr.: 14.01%

Nominations
Stage Music No Longer Limited by Stage's Franchise x5

You know how there were a few themes in Brawl that didn't really fit their stage? Frozen Hillside on the Halberd, for one. It was because stage themes were locked by franchise--Halberd only had Kirby themes, and Kirby themes could only go on Halberd and Green Greens.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they weren't locked like that any more?

Think of the possibilities. We could have King Dedede's theme playing at the Boxing Ring and fitting perfectly thematically. Mario Kart 8's brand spanking new music for Bowser's Castle could play at the Pyrosphere (if Bowser's Castle isn't a stage already, that is). The main menu could greet players preparing for battle with music from more franchises than just Smash.

And who here wouldn't want the Wii U version of Final Destination to have as many final boss themes as they can fit?

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
DK silhouette stage:
Don't feel like thinking about this.

Aran Ryan: Double zeros.

Predictions:
Owain - 1%
Should be 0%

Bowser Jr - 15%
Expecting a major hit to the score, but still expecting some people giving out relatively high scores...

Nominations:
Chibi-Robo rerate x5

Groose

Smash Champion
Heh. I was originally intending to nominate that song instead, and I was planning on contacting you for some help nominating it. However, I realized that the scores would probably be virtually identical to Shulk's, so I opted for a song not tied to a newcomer. I think I'll help you when I finish up "In the Final," though.

...though I have to say, "Engage the Enemy" is better than "You Will Know Our Names." But that's neither here nor there.
"Large Kremling" may significantly benefit him.
Urgh. First I've heard of this business. I'm just hoping that the King isn't the "large Kremling" in question.
Frederick AT x5
I may help out eventually, as he is my favorite Fire Emblem character. The C Support with Chrom is... hilarious.

Aran Ryan: 0% chance and 0% want
The only Punch-Out character that has any semblance of a chance now is King Hippo. The only Punch-Out character that I remotely want now is Glass Joe. Aran Ryan is one of my favorite opponents in the series, but I just don't think he'd be a good choice for a playable character in the series; that said, I can't wait to read his trophy.

Time for some music!

DK Silhouette Stage: Abstaining chance and 100% want
I'm abstaining from chance purely because I'm unsure of what technical issues could arise in creating such a stage. I do view it as unlikely that we get one, but I can't say just how unlikely. I could do some research, but I'd rather just pour a bit of my soul out about why I want the stage instead.

The first game that I ever owned was Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, and it started off my love for platformers. I grew obsessed with the Mario franchise and eventually I started to try out a wide variety of 2D platformers. As a kid, it was by far my favorite genre, and I played as many different series as I could--Mario, Yoshi, Kirby, Sonic, Mega Man... and Donkey Kong Country. DKC was by far my favorite of the pack, and I soon tried to hunt down everything DK related that I could--I still own a set of the Land games and an old VHS of the cartoon. DK was my character; he was the character I played the most of in Smash 64 before I unlocked Captain Falcon.

I never really understood why Donkey Kong was my favorite platform series until recently, when I began playing through the games for the umpteenth time. I believe it's a combination of three things that set it apart from all of the other games in the genre. The DKC games have the perfect blend of challenge, atmosphere and creativity. I'm not going to go into depth on the challenge aspect of that right here, but let it be known that I find the difficulty spot-on.

I hope you're playing the video I embedded earlier in the post. Forest Interlude isn't even the best song in the franchise, but it helps create such an amazing atmosphere for the levels that it's in. Atmosphere is something I think the DK series is simply unrivaled in. The franchise is amazing at drawing you into the experience--the music is incredibly ambient and the stages feel like they're fighting against you. Rare was the best at this (BRAMBLE SCRAMBLE), but Retro has done a great job of keeping up the tradition. The Silhouette Stages are amazing in terms of atmosphere--you really feel brought into the whole world. Just watch this video, for crying out loud! It's absolutely amazing!

The other thing I wanted to talk about it creativity. Some platformers have levels that tend to run together. DK does not. Almost every level seems to come up with some sort of fresh idea. Some of the highlights? Castle Crush, Lightning Lookout, Target Terror, Tanked Up Trouble, and Animal Antics! Speaking of animals, the animal buddies constantly mix up the gameplay to give things some amazing variety. I think the Silhouette Stages also embody the creativity of the franchise; they're just so different from anything else I've ever played.

Yeah. Running out of time, but you can probably see why I want a silhouette stage. They embody everything I love about the franchise. Wish I wasn't so tired; I'd express things more eloquently.

x5 In the Final
SHOWTIME!

DAY OVER
SWORD...HAND...HUNGERS!

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
DK Silhouette Stage
37.78% chance
75.10% want

It turned out to be a pretty popular idea, but few are optimistic of its chances. It's been deemed fairly unlikely.
Doooooonkeeeey Koooooooong!

Aran Ryan
0.08% chance
14.35% want

Look, if Waluigi couldn't cheat his way in, what hope does that leave for Aran Ryan? The Irishman's luck ran out; fighting may be like breathing, but Smash ain't no joke.

Today we'll be discussing Bowser Jr. The Koopa Princess wants more than Peach this time; he's after a slot in Smash! Also, we're going to discuss... Owain. Yes, the Dark Lord has returned. Is he still a troll character deserving of less than a percent? Short answer: yes he is! Please rate Owain and Bowser Jr. in chance and want.
Tomorrow we'll be discussing the Lor Starcutter and the odds of getting two Retro newcomers (Little Mac is not counted as one for this scenario, nor is Pac-Man). Predict away!

D

Deleted member

Owain and Bowser Jr. have been added to the Directory.
My rating arm twitches for this re-rate... but I'll do this tomorrow.

Heh. I was originally intending to nominate that song instead, and I was planning on contacting you for some help nominating it. However, I realized that the scores would probably be virtually identical to Shulk's, so I opted for a song not tied to a newcomer. I think I'll help you when I finish up "In the Final," though.
I was actually hesitating on nominating that song since it would essentially be a Shulk re-rate in a way, but I couldn't resist nominating it since other people were nominating songs!
Besides, it was either that or another Awakening character to re-rate. Xenoblade, of course, is more of a priority to me than Awakening.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Owain

Chance: HAAA HA HA HA HA ha ha ha ha ha ha--No.

Want: HAAA HA HA HA HA ha ha ha ha ha ha--No.

FYI, that's 0% in both chance and want.

Bowser Jr.

Chance: 5%
His saving grace as of the moment is as a last-minute clone, but even then I don't think he's the most desired candidate for the opportunity. The Sal leak really crushed the chances of most characters for this game.

Want: 20%
Eh.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Nephew Owain:
Chance: 0%. His sword hand twitches too much for proper battle.
Want: 55%: Only if they get the canon Owain hair color, Brown hair. It’s canon because it was in my playthrough. FYI, its brown because of Lon’qu, not Fredrick or other brown haired guys. Tactician’s orders.
..Or blue, primarily to add to the Blue Hair Swordsman class :troll:

Bowser Jr.:
Chance: 17% I don’t expect to see more Mario (exclusive) character’s join. In fact, I think a Wario or DK character has a better chance.
Want: 16% His purpose in life was terminated when the Inklings were created.

Nomination: Kiddy Kong x5

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Owain? nOwain! Get it? Cause the N makes a no, and it sounds like no way? hehe... hehe...
please kill me...

Bowser Jr. Chance: 4%
Bowser Jr.'s chances rely on a lot of things. Whether we will get 6 Mario characters, how big the roster will be, etc. If we get a 6th Mario representative, it will probably be him. Problem is, well, getting a 6th Mario rep :p And as for the roster size, I've given up trying to predict it after I saw that the Brawl demo icons were completely different then the final ones, making all those select screen assumptions completely useless. But unless we get several more characters then we are expecting (And I'm talking in the high 50s) or there are a lot more cuts then we are expecting, he probably won't get in.

I'm still miffed about Rosalina getting in over him.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Wait a second.
Aran Ryan - 0.08% chance
Huh?
Ooccoo - 0.13% chance
Guys. GUYS. SERIOUSLY. I will concede that Aran Ryan was never likely. I nominated him as a joke knowing he would get decimated, but I didn't expect him to get LESS THAN THAT CREEPY BIRD
I mean... WHAAAAAAAAT?!? I am simply stunned at this.
at least he got a higher want though
Anyway, onto the ratings
Owain: Double Zeroes
Time to admit something. I didn't like Owain. Something about him was annoying iirc. It's just... no.
Bowser Jr: Double Zeroes.
We pretty much already know what the roster will be with some uncertainties, and Bowser Jr. isn't invited. Good thing too, I hate that little scamp.
Predictions:
2 retro newcomers: 2.31%
Lor Starcutter: 12.5%
Masked Dedede alt costume x5

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Owain
Chance: 0.1%
Want 0%
I don't even remember this guy.

Bowser Jr.
Chance: 2%
Want: 0.1%
I didn't even want Rosalina because I thought Mario had enough characters. I don't want another.

D

Deleted member

Owain

Abstain

Bowser Jr.

Chance: 15%
Want: 20% - Not really a fan of him to be honest.

Nomination

Protoman x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Owain:

Unless Sakurai knows something we don't; Owain isn't nearly important enough.

Without Yarne? **** dat. Owain's popular but goddamn he doesn't rep anything new of FE outside being a walking reference.

Bowser Jr.
Chance: 8%

Easy to make semi clone, popular Mario character slightly marred by the fact he STILL has competition in Paper Mario, Captain Toad and the inexplicable return of Dr. Mario option.
Honestly though with Jr. skipping out on 3D World, Land and Mario Kart 8 they seem to be slowly phasing him out.

Want: 5%
Think he should of been in over Rosalina originally, but I've never been a big fan of the character. Doesn't help he's chief rival to my biggest newcomer want.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Lol Owain. The honour of being the first joke nomination on RTC belongs to him. :laugh: I'm not even mad that we're rating him again.
Double Zeroes.

Bowser Jr: 8%
I don't think we're getting another Mario character. Rosalina is our one and only Mario newcomer this time...

....which is a shame too, since he was growing out of his status as a replacement scrappy. The Galaxy and NSMB games did well to sway me in his favour.

Lana x 5

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Owain:

Bowser Jr: 10%, we already have a ton of Mario characters.
Want: 75% I think he has potential for an awesome paintbrush- and assorted item-oriented moveset. Sucks he probably won't make it in though.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Bowser Jr. Chance: 3% Rosalina is already in, and I highly doubt we'll get a 6th Mario character unless Bowser Jr. is being highly promoted (which he's not).

Nominations: x5 You Will Know Our Names

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Owain - 1%
He's so, so close to being a 0%, but his popularity is no joke (he was rated so early on in this game for a reason), and it's not completely inconceivable that he could steal the spot from Chrom as a fellow swordsman. However, the actual likelihood of such a thing happening is still pretty hilariously low.
Want - 75% - One of my favorites from Awakening, and no doubt more interesting than Chrom.

EDIT - I hadn't actually looked at my old Owain rating before doing today's, so I'm just going to leave it here because the difference in opinion is priceless.

Bowser Jr. - 1%
Huge drop from pre-E3. With the roster looking rather full thanks to Gematsu being practically confirmed and a Mario newcomer already in the mix, not to his mention diminishing prevalence in the Mario series (to the degree that all seven Koopalings are in Mario Kart 8 yet not Bowser Jr.), it's extremely difficult to see how he can sneak into Smash at this point. Remains a decent candidate for DLC, but almost certainly out for the disc.
Want - 50% - I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Owain
Stop

Bowser Jr.
Chance: 10%
Want: 25%
I always thought that we'd only get one Mario newcomer.... and we got her, which definitely hurts Bowser Jr.'s chances. He didn't appear at all in the most recent major Mario game as well, which also hurts. He was even dropped from the most recent Mario Kart! Finally, alot of people flat out don't like the character. Personally, I like him, and could see him being very unique. If we do get another Mario rep, he is the most likely, but honestly, that's not looking very likely anymore

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Owain

Chance - 0% - Well, this was not needed.

Want - 0% - Joke days are getting old.

Browser Jr.

Chance - 2.5% - Maybe a last minute semi-clone. Not much else otherwise, though.

Want - 30% - Eh. Give more room to the other franchises.

Predictions

2 retros - 4.76% - Less confident by the day.

Lor Starcutter - 50.83% - There seems to be disagreement on what Kirby stage there will be.

Nominations

Masked Dedede Final Smash X5

D

Deleted member

Owain
Chance:
1%

His chances would be at an absolute 0% had it not be for the official poll that determined Awakening's DLC. There really isn't much going for him, especially when he isn't mandatory to beat the game and you could have his mother Lissa marry no one in any playthrough.
Want: 0- CAN'T CONTROL!!... 100%
Yes, seriously, 100%.
He wouldn't bring anything to the table in Smash, but he is freaking hilarious. On my file, I am pursuing to unlock every support of his since most of his dialogue is pure gold (such as getting too carried away in his story so much so that he kills Cynthia and had to go through multiple "rounds" of cooking and collecting gemstones for Morgan). He really competes with another character as my favorite character in Awakening. I tend to like comical characters and Owain is no exception, really. Honestly, I would take him over Chrom.

Bowser Jr.
Chance:
10%

The Gematsu leak hurt his chances in my eyes. It seems more and more obvious to us that getting a 6th Mario character is a bit unlikely. He's the frontrunner for sure, but I doubt that Mario will get its 6th before Donkey Kong gets its 3rd or Kirby gets its 4th. There isn't a lot of space left for Jr.
I still want him in Smash, though. I'm pretty upset that he hasn't made any appearances in Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8. I mean, why Nintendo?

Lor Starcutter Prediction: 40.58%
I dunno?
Two Retros Prediction: 8.83%
There is only one real retro frontrunner and that is Takamaru. Two retros would be pretty damn surprising.

Nominations: You Will Know Our Names 5x

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Owain: Why?
Chance and Want: 0%- Ech?

Bowser Jr: You still had me at Rosalina
Pros
+Actually can be unique
+Hasn't been disconfirmed
Cons
-Ripe for DLC
-Rosalina
OVERALL RATING: 1%
Want: 0%- Ech. Rosalina was fine.

PREDICTIONS:
Lor Starcutter: Return to Hypeland- 38%
Two Retros: Double Your Fun- 15%
NOMINATIONS:
You Will Know Our Names X15- Using all my remaining bonus nominations for this one. This theme is epic and would be the main theme I'd think to use on any Xenoblade stage.

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
DK Silhouette Stage: Abstaining chance and 100% want
I'm abstaining from chance purely because I'm unsure of what technical issues could arise in creating such a stage. I do view it as unlikely that we get one, but I can't say just how unlikely. I could do some research, but I'd rather just pour a bit of my soul out about why I want the stage instead.

The first game that I ever owned was Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, and it started off my love for platformers. I grew obsessed with the Mario franchise and eventually I started to try out a wide variety of 2D platformers. As a kid, it was by far my favorite genre, and I played as many different series as I could--Mario, Yoshi, Kirby, Sonic, Mega Man... and Donkey Kong Country. DKC was by far my favorite of the pack, and I soon tried to hunt down everything DK related that I could--I still own a set of the Land games and an old VHS of the cartoon. DK was my character; he was the character I played the most of in Smash 64 before I unlocked Captain Falcon.

I never really understood why Donkey Kong was my favorite platform series until recently, when I began playing through the games for the umpteenth time. I believe it's a combination of three things that set it apart from all of the other games in the genre. The DKC games have the perfect blend of challenge, atmosphere and creativity. I'm not going to go into depth on the challenge aspect of that right here, but let it be known that I find the difficulty spot-on.

I hope you're playing the video I embedded earlier in the post. Forest Interlude isn't even the best song in the franchise, but it helps create such an amazing atmosphere for the levels that it's in. Atmosphere is something I think the DK series is simply unrivaled in. The franchise is amazing at drawing you into the experience--the music is incredibly ambient and the stages feel like they're fighting against you. Rare was the best at this (BRAMBLE SCRAMBLE), but Retro has done a great job of keeping up the tradition. The Silhouette Stages are amazing in terms of atmosphere--you really feel brought into the whole world. Just watch this video, for crying out loud! It's absolutely amazing!

The other thing I wanted to talk about it creativity. Some platformers have levels that tend to run together. DK does not. Almost every level seems to come up with some sort of fresh idea. Some of the highlights? Castle Crush, Lightning Lookout, Target Terror, Tanked Up Trouble, and Animal Antics! Speaking of animals, the animal buddies constantly mix up the gameplay to give things some amazing variety. I think the Silhouette Stages also embody the creativity of the franchise; they're just so different from anything else I've ever played.

Yeah. Running out of time, but you can probably see why I want a silhouette stage. They embody everything I love about the franchise. Wish I wasn't so tired; I'd express things more eloquently.

You said it brudda. I especially liked this track from DKC: TF. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA2WjP6sgrc
Now onto ratings.

:confused: Huh? What's that? Oh dear... another joke rating *sigh*. :urg: WHY?

Owain:
DOUBLE ZEROS. Problem? No? That's what I thought.

Bowser Jr:
Chance: 2%
Sorry Bowser Jr. Mama and papa's left without you again.
Want: 60%

I genuinely do like him but I'm not fussed. We already got a fantastic Mario newcomer.

Predictions:
Abstaining for predictions today.

Noms:
5 x DKC Tropical Freeze representation

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Dark Lord Owain
0% Chance
100% Want
Just in spite of this thread, and because he amuses me...
Bowser Jr
35% Chance
100% Want
I legit think we are getting two Mario newcomers, and its between him and Paper Mario. Each get a 35% Chance from me...

Nominating Excitebiker x5

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr.- 20%
Want- 80%, Super Mario Sunshine is my favorite game out of the whole Super Mario line. I also just like his rambunctious attitude. I just don't want him as much as the characters in my signature.

Owain- 0%
Want- 15%, My sword hand twitches.

Purchasable DLC newcomers x5

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Owain:

Chance: .66%
He's popular. But that's it.

No.

Bowser Jr.:

Chance: 1.50%
Not happening. Even if we were to get another Mario character, I still think it would be Toad (Captain or otherwise).

Want: 7%
Nah.

Predictions:
Two Retros: 5.31%
Lor Starcutter: 9.63%

Nominations: Eirika x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nominations post has been updated.

Owain: Double Zeroes - No importance. Popularity doesn't save him. I also didn't really care about him, and even if I did he would still be a complete waste of a spot.

Bowser Jr.'s chances: 8% - He's easily the most likely choice for a sixth character (I can't see any form of Toad getting in at this point). Problem is, we're not likely to get one.
Want: 100% - My choice for a sixth Mario character, which I'm completely ok with getting.

Two Retros: 4.21% - We don't even have one yet. Not a good sign.
Lor Starcutter: 25.49% - Will be seen as possible but not likely.

I don't know what to nominate anymore...Akarai Hayami x5, I guess.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Owain:
Abstain

Bowser Jr.:
Chance: 15%

It comes down to Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario for me and honestly, I'd rather have Paper Mario but Bowser Jr. is next in line. Mario deserves six characters so I think it's somewhat possible to see another one.

Predictions:
Two Retros: 7.2%
Lor Starcutter: 12.7%

Nominations:
Mach Rider x5

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Owain (Fire Emblem) as a Playable Character:
Chance: 0% - Nevermind the fact that still having both FE characters from Brawl hurts the chances of anyone from Awakening showing up, but there's no way Owain is getting in before Chrom or the Avatar/Robin
Want: 0% - I haven't played Awakening, but I know enough about it to know I wouldn't want Owain playable even if he was the main character.

Bowser Jr. (Mario) as a Playable Character:
Chance: 5% - It's not a 0 because it's still technically possible, but i'm gonna join the crowd saying that Jr.'s gonna be in Rosalina's shadow this time. (and that's a big shadow! :p)
Want: 13% - Sorry guys/gals, even if I wasn't biased toward Waluigi getting in first, i'm just not feeling him. I mean, I know he would have a cool moveset that's just as original as the other newcomers, but when everyone else's idea of a Bowser Jr. moveset falls under either "Smaller semi-clone of Bowser" or "base it almost entirely around a weapon he only had for one single game except for times when they actively want to reference that same one single game (loved everything about Sunshine though, don't get me wrong)", it kinda brings you out of it.

Predictions:
Two Newcomers from retro games/series: 22% Chance, 73% Want (if even Pac-Man isn't classified as a retro character, let alone Mac, what falls under that jurisdiction? Also, are we talking "retro" as in old games or "retro" as in Retro, DK Returns dev :troll:)

Nominations:
More Mii Classes x1
Interactive Eternal Darkness representation x4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom