• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ms. Pac-man alt
Chance: 80%
I feel like the chances are pretty high.

Want: 70%
I don't care if it makes it in, but it would be nice to have.

Ooccooo
Chance: 0.1%
I think a goomba has a better chance in getting in.

Want: 0%
The goomba outclasses it as a joke character.

Groose

Smash Champion
Ooccoo may just beat out Lupus as lowest chance and want... I'm about to be dethroned :(
How can you score lower than Lupus? That's impossible. Impossible.

Though I still think that, if the roster size increased without bound, a Yarne/Owain tag team would be added even later than Lupus. Still, I doubt either would make it in the first million characters selected.

Ms. Pac-Man Costume: 33% chance and 100% want
I don't think every character will be as fortunate as Little Mac when it comes to alternates, and I'm not sure Ms. Pac-Man would make it because she's a completely different character than the guy on the roster. I wouldn't be opposed in the slightest, however--it's a great way to boost the roster's variety without putting in a whole lot of work. I'm not going to be heartbroken if it doesn't happen, but I have absolutely no objections.

Ooccoo: 0% chance and 0% want
I need not explain my chance score. As for want--the only reason I like Ooccoo is for the conspiracy theory that her race evolved from Loftwings and the City in the Sky was once Skyloft.

x5 "In the Final"
SHOWTIME!

DAY OVER

WHAT ARE THESE TINY BIRD THNGS?

Groose

Smash Champion
Ms. Pac-Man Costume
47.14% chance
64.33% chance

The Ms. turned out to be pretty popular, but people were very divided on her chances. This may be one to watch as the game draws near!

Ooccoo
0.13% chance
6.88% want

How did this manage to break 0.01% in chance? HOW? It looks like we'll never again be able to recreate the statistical accuracy of Lupus' day in the limelight. Oh, and only like three people liked her. Just tossing that out there.

DOOONKEEEEY KOOOONG! Groose bias incoming! That's right, it's time to discuss one of the best series in gaming again. This time, we're discussing not the beloved original trilogy, but Retro's fantastic work with the series. Critics have eaten up the silhouette levels introduced in Returns; will Sakurai do likewise? Also, we're going to talk some Punch-Out, too. I have one question--you got cheeseburgers in those gloves there, Mac baby? Please rate DK Silhouette Stages and Aran Ryan in chance and want.

Tomorrow is... oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED IS RETURNING! The original troll character, Owain, is back after a nearly year long hiatus. Will he manage to improve, or will his sword hand be stayed for good? Oh, and Bowser Jr. will be back. Again. Can the Koopa Prince win his way back into our good graces? Please predict how Owain and Bowser Jr. will do.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
DK Silhouette Stage:
Chance - 30%
Could happen, especially with the popularity of the DKCR series.
Want - 60%
Would be cool. Though, the want rating is diminished since if it does happen, it would likely be on the Wii U version since that's the console the Returns series was on.

Aran Ryan:
Chance - 0.1%
He's a minor character in a series that really already has the main character represented. It'd be a miracle if he got in.
Want - 100%
"Here's one of me favorites Mac!"
I even changed my profile pic for this day! Simply put, he is a complete madman. He would cheat if he was in any other boxing tournament, but the rules of the World Video Boxing Association apparently only has "wear boxing gloves" on it. And I love him to death for it. In the spoiler I've included reference videos to show his hilarity, and I will leave it at that in case I go any further cause damn do I love this guy.
Only thing is, I love K. Rool and Ridley more. So I'd prefer for them to get in over this guy, which isn't much of a worry anyway.
Click the links below for Samus Aran Ryan!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDdXBtf5YFg#t=481
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDVc66FhofE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpQ8OWTReAY
EDIT: Videos changed to links since they were awkward in spoilers.
Oh yeah, the other stuff.
Predictions:
Owain - 0.0000000000000000001% Because Chrom
Bowser Jr. - 10.2%

Nomination: Masked Dedede Alt Costume x5

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-DK Silhouette Stage:
Chances: 0%
Want: 30%

-Aran Ryan:
Chances: 0%

-Bowser Jr. Prediction: 10,8%

-Owain Prediction: 0,3%

-Nominations: C-R-O-W-N-E-D X5

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman

I'm surprised Ooccoo and Jr. didn't do better in want :/ I mean just look at those adorable little cutie pies. How could you not fall in love with that? Oh well...

DK sil. stage- 20%
Want- 100%

Aran Ryan- 0.1%
Want- 0%, apologies to his fans, but I am content with just Mac

Purchasable DLC newcomers x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

DK Silhouette Stage and Aran Ryan have been added to the Directory.

DK Silhouette Stage
Chance:
50%

These stages are very stylized and are the most popular stages among the Retro DKC games. I think that the stage's uniqueness enough will put it ahead over certain Donkey Kong locales. However, it's entirely possible that it might not be added because it is not the most recognized area of all. Unique yes, but areas like Gangplank Galleon could be added before this (granted if King K. Rool is in).
I think Sakurai might enjoy making a stage like this.
Want: 100%
These are some of my favorite stages in Returns and Tropical Freeze! I would love to see this in Smash!

Aran Ryan
Chance and Want:
0%

Out of all the boxers in Punch Out!!, why him? If anything, I would give the edge to King Hippo, but I wouldn't give him amazing chances.
As for want, I like him and he is pretty hilarious, but I don't want to see him in Smash.

Owain Prediction: .50%
YES! @ Leafeon523 Leafeon523 AND I MANAGED TO REVIVE THE DARK LORD! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! Ahem, I mean... he's going to get decimated.
Bowser Jr. Prediction: 19.46%
I'm surprised that we didn't rerate him. The Gematsu leak should hurt his chances.

Calling to the Night was rated on, eh? And Groose is nominating In The Final? Well, it's time to bring this masterpiece onto center stage!
Nominations: You Will Know Our Names 5x

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Aran Ryan
Chance: 0% - The luck of the Irish will not save this guy. There's simply no way we're getting two Punch Out characters and even if we were, he'd need to get in line behind the more popular Sandman, Glass Joe, King Hippo and Doc Louis
Want: 0% - I'm not a fan.

Gorilla Shadow Puppet Land
Chance: 4% - I have very little doubt that a DKCR stage will be in the game but I imagine Sakurai will probably want to go with something more traditional to represent it. I think it's much more likely that we'll just see silhouette appearing every now and then as part of a gimmick in a regular Donkey Kong stage.
Want: 46% - I'm on the fence here.

Predictions:
Bowser Jr: 16%
Owain: 0.6%

Nominations: Commander Shepard x5, Anyone want to lend support?

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-DK silhouette stage
Chance 20%
Want 50% - it could be good but there are better options for a DK stage.

-Aran something
Chance 0% - a hobo-looking nobody who's a secondary character from a series that already has a generic boxer in. No.
Want 0%

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
DK Silohette Stage:

Chance: 50%. I think it's entirely possible, though I think we are simply getting a DK Jungle stage themed after the most recent DK game.
Want: 50%. Indifferent, though it does look cool.

Aran Ryan:

Chance: 1%. Does Punch-Out deserve a second character? That is subjective. Honestly, I think that if Earthbound could get two characters, then Punch-Out definitely should. Would Aran Ryan would be the most obvious choice? Hell no. Great Tiger, King Hippo, Glass Joe, all boxers more long-lived, popular, and iconic than this guy.

Want: 100%. Which is a shame, because this guy is the best. What other Punch-Out boxer puts horseshoes in his gloves? None. Which Punch-Out boxer breaks all the rules and cheats to win? This guy. What Punch-Out boxer has an epic Rat tail? This guy!

Oh, yeah, and the theme song

I'm amazed he isn't more popular than even Little Mac.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Samus Aran Ryan Chance: 1.5%
Eh, he would probably be in the first 10 Punch-Out characters to be in Smash. After Doc Louis, King Hippo, and Mike Tyson.

Irish Stereotypes Want: 15%
I'd take him and not ask any questions.

Black Gorilla Land Chance: 50%
Seems like a very unique stage idea. It's decently requested, and it's from the newest DK games.
Maybe this is why the DK Wii U stage hasn't been shown yet (that or it is Gangplank Galleon for a K. Rool reveal).

The Land Where Everyone is Black Want: 100%
It would be very fun. I'd like to see what part of everyone glows, like how DK's Tie and Diddy's Hat and Shirt glow in the silhouette levels. I'd say Mario's Hat+ Overalls, Link's Hat+Tunic, Pikachu's Cheeks+Ears, and Kirby's Feet+Blush, just to name a few.

Predictions:
Owain: 0.5%
I dint need to comment on this.

Bowser Jr.: 15%
Eh, I don't think we will see a Mario newcomer. Only if we get Mewtwo and a Zelda newcomer, and Sakurai feels it's necessary to make those 3 series even.

Nomination: X5 Bidoof
HELP ME YOU PEOPLE!!!

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Crap, I was too busy to vote yesterday and lost my chance to lower Ooccoo's score even further.

Aran Ryan - 0% and 0% We aren't getting another Punch-Out!! character, and if we did, there is King Hippo, who should've been rated instead.

DK Silhouette Stage - 30%, prolly the most likely other than Gangplank Galleon.
Want - 90%, this would be cool, if GG gets in.

predict Owain 0.25%
Bowser Jr. 8.25%

and to use my extra noms from the other day, Jill Valentine x10
(I think after her, I will nominate Pokemon Trainer (solo), anybody wanna help?)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Aran Ryan: Zero and Zero
Yeah, no.... I'd take Von Kaiser or Glass Joe over him any day.

DK Shillouette stage: 30%
Eh, I could see it being a bit too distracting of a gimmick to work properly. Then again, it can be done.

Want: 55%
Iunno. Depends on the execution. 5% extra for novelty.

Lana (Hyrule Warriors) x 5

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Aran Ryan:
Chance: 0%. Though I could picture him as a Smash Run enemy, swinging his glove thing.
Want: 100% His taunts alone would be amazing.

Donkey Kong Shadow Stage:
Chance: 55% There's always the possibility they'd make it the next Game & Watch style stage.
Want: 35% But I personally think it'd be boring.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Aran Ryan Likelihood: 0%
Want: 20%

DK Silhouette Stage Likelihood: 20%
Want: 85%

Rhythm rep (not chorus kids) x5

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Aran Ryan: 0%
1% Punch Out would get another character, and he would not be it.
I have never played Punch Out.

Black DK Stage That's racist!

Chance: 50%
On one hand, it seems exactly the kind of crazy stage that Sakurai would love to design. On the other, I can quickly imagine silhouettes being incredibly annoying in a match (#Banned), and there are other areas that are arguably more iconic.

Want: 65%
Basically copy what I just said. Could be an extremely fun stage, but if the whole thing actually becomes a silhouette, I could see that becoming extremely annoying.

Nominations... hmmmm....
@ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof

x5 Bidoof

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nominations post has been updated.

D

Deleted member

Aran Ryan

Chance: 0% If Punch-Out were to get another rep (Not at this time), I highly doubt it'd be Aran Ryan...I'm thinking more of Bald Bull or King Hippo
Want: 0% - No thanks.

DK Shadow stage

Chance: 25% - Fairly possible with the popularity of DKCR & DKC:TF.
Want: 40% - Novelty of it sounds pretty cool but I imagine it'll get annoying & boring, depends on how it gets handled. Maybe it'll be the next Game & Watch stage...who knows.

Nomination: Porky x5

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Aran Ryan

Chance: 0%
He'll be lucky to be an assist trophy, and even then, he's got other boxers to compete against for that honor. King Hippo and Soda Popinski come to mind. I don't see him coming out on top in that scenario. Maybe he gets a trophy and a description. That's all I can really see for this character.

Sorry.

DK Silhouette

Chance: 100%
So my dad works for Nintendo... Lmao. Seriously now, Sakurai is the ultimate hipster. How could he pass a gimmick like this up? People, he's adjusting his war beret as we speak. Did anyone expect to see Hanenbow? Not me.

All I can say is that bombs are going to be harder to identify, even more so with proxy mines. Basically, this means Silhouette is going to be one of my instant favorites.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Donkey Kong Silhouette Stage - 0%
I'm going to be a bit absolutist here because I don't think this would ever happen. I say this due to how much development intensive this would be: why in the world would Nintendo waste tons of time and resources creating alternate, silhouetted looks for every character, color palette, alternate costume, attack (including the extra customizable ones), assist trophy, Pokemon, item, and whatever else, all while making sure everything is easily distinguishable from one another, just for the sake of one stage? They can't just change the lighting, they'd have to pretty much rework every element of Smash just to make sure the level is playable, which seems like absolute insanity. Not to say it couldn't make for a good stage, but I can't imagine this ever being attempted.
Want - 50% - I'm torn here: this could be a ridiculous secret stage, yet at the same time it seems like a horrible waste of effort. No doubt the effect is amazing in DKCR, but I'm not sure it makes sense for Smash.

Aran Ryan - 0%
Not much to say here: even if a second Punch-Out!! character were at all likely, I'd have to believe it would be someone far more popular than Aran is.
Want - 0% - No thank you.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Dk sunset stage:

Chance: 10%
How would this work on ol' G&W?

I never liked these stages. Sorry, just not my thing.

Aran Ryan:
Chance: .05%
At this point all I can hope for is his boxing-glove string as an item.

Want: 85%
He was hilarious in Punch-Out!

Predictions:
Dark lord Owain: 2%
Some turtle guy: 14%

Now that the dark Lord has risen, I must return to my main quest:
Frederick AT x5
Also, no need help me out with this. Seems like everyone is asking for it today:p

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
DK Silhouette Stage
50% Chance
100% Want
These were the most popular stages in DKCR and TF, no?
Aran Ryan
0% Chance
100% Want
Easily one of the funniest boxers in punch out! shame even owain is likelier.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
DK Silhouette Stage
Chance - 25%
I seriously have no idea what to expect from a DK stage. But I do wonder why they're holding back on showing any to us

Want - 100%
It would be insane. I love the idea. Now, I don't think it'd be something where it's a silhouette the entire time, but I could see a DK stage having the gimmick of the lights going off and only the silhouette of the characters being visible. You know, maybe have something like Fear Factory and the lights go off.
You know, something like this

Oh HEY! Look, Mr. Game and Watch is already there! Yup, totally want this.

Aran Ryan
Chance - 0%
No
Want - 0%
Punch-Out has so many classic characters to offer (Mr. Sandman, Soda Popinski, King Hippo, etc.), all of which I'd want to see in before this guy.

Predictions:
Owain - 0.06%
Bowser Jr. - 7.8%

Nominations
x5 Unrevealed veterans as unlockables

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Aran Ryan:
The roster is getting very big which leaves little room for more newcomers thus another Punch-Out character is very unlikely let alone this one.
Want: abstain
... Um, I don't know who he is...

DK silhouette stage:
They were definitely some of the most memorable levels in DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze however there is the problem that putting characters and items in there would ruin the aesthetic of the stage. I propose a workaround: in the level "Amiss Abyss" it is not totally silhouetted. There are light sources that, when are near objects, make them become more detailed.

Perhaps these 'light-sources' could be transferred to all fighters, items, etc on the stage so the stage would fade in and out between silhouettes and detail whenever anything is on the stage. That way, the aesthetic of the stage would remain intact without making different textures for all things on the stage.
Of course, this is would mean more work and they wouldn't choose another area from all the possible places though you have to admit it would g a long way to make this stage stand out.
Yes! It would look amazing!

Oh hey @ Glaciacott Glaciacott , notice Samus' ship in the background like Game & Watch in the image you have.

Predictions:
Owain - abstain
Bowser Jr - 5.25%

Noms:
5 x DKC: Tropical Freeze representation

Edit: Can someone tell me how to put up spoilers without the whole comment getting messed up? I tried it just then and... yeah. I just don't want all the images I put up to get annoying for other people to deal with and to take up a lot of room on one post.

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
DK Silhouette Stage
Chance- 33%
+ Unique
+ Popular
- Too Gimmicky
- Too Distracting
Want- 50%
It would be cool in principle, but I could see it being somewhat annoying in practice. I'd give a 25%, but I'll double that in case the silhouette effect would only happen at certain times.

Aran Ryan
Chance- 0%
No.
Want- 0%
No.

D

Deleted member

Edit: Can someone tell me how to put up spoilers without the whole comment getting messed up? I tried it just then and... yeah. I just don't want all the images I put up to get annoying for other people to deal with and to take up a lot of room on one post.
[ collapse ] Random Comment [/ collapse ]
Get rid of the spaces
Random Comment

That is how you make spoilers!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
DK Silhouette Stage:

I'm kind of torn on this one. It's an obvious choice: an iconic and beautiful level from Returns, which I feel we'll be getting a lot of content from. However I could see this being pretty tough development wise. Which parts of characters will light up? What about alternate costumes? Etc etc etc.

These levels look incredible in Returns and would look even better in HD.

Aran Ryan:

I'm going to count Ryan out completely. He's not important enough to snag the already unlikely 2nd Punch Out slot.

Want: 10%
I'm a huge Punch Out fan, but I'm not going to ask for every Punch Out character ever. King Hippo is the only one I would really be happy to see as a 2nd character. Plus he's annoying little ***** to fight.

Owain: 1.75%
Bowser Jr: 15%

King K. Rool x5
"Large Kremling" may significantly benefit him.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
DK Silhouette Stage
Chance: 30%
I'd love for this to happen, as I always thought that these were some of the best stages in DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze. I think it'd be very hard to do though, as every character, item, and assist trophy would need a specific part of them that glowed, like how DK's tie or Dixie's hair glowed in the game. It'd take alot of effort to pull of correctly, but if it can be done, I'd be very excited.

Aran Ryan
I've never played Punch Out, and I've never heard of this guy, so I definitely don't want him. If Punch Out got a second character (which is highly unlikely), there are better options, like Doc Louis, Glass Joe, Bald Bull, or King Hippo. It's pretty obvious that we've run out of characters to rate, these suggestions are just wasting our time imo

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
DK Silhouette Stage

Chance - 50% - One of the more iconic DK levels, and very interesting aesthetics The only problem might be some problems with items, but I don't think Implementing the shadows themselves will be any issue. Could go either way, in my opinion.

Want - 90% - Yes, please. These stages always look cool, and I want to see how everything looks in there.

Aran Ryan

Chance - 0% - Ha. King Hippo and Glass Joe are more important that this guy. I don't think we'll be getting another Punch Out character.

Want - 0% - The cheater may be funny, but that's where Assist Trophies come in.

Predictions

Owain - 0.42% - Y'know, joke nominations kind of lost there novelty after rating Scrooge McDuck. Can we at least switch gears and start headed towards more serious stuff?

Browser Jr. - 14.56% - Growing Pessimism over the roster.

Nominations

Masked Dedede Final Smash X5

Last edited:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Aran Ryan
Chance - 0%
Want - 0%

Sorry to be a pessimist, but no one knows who he is (I only remembered that he was from Punch Out!! because of the posts itt) and there are so much more obvious representatives for a second Punch Out!! newcomer, which in itself is unlikely.

DK Silhouette stage
Chance - 83%
Want - 100%

It would be fantastic. It has to be noted, though, that this was done before...
...which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It shows that Sakurai has the power, resources and time to do such a thing, and is apparently fond of the idea. Fond enough to make it an event, anyway...

Nominations:
Agitha x5 (LoZ Series)

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Orwain - 0.42% - Y'know, joke nominations kind of lost there novelty after rating Scrooge McDuck. Can we at least switch gears and start headed towards more serious stuff?
Who is this "Orwain" fellow that you are referring to?:troll: Surely you aren't referring to Dark Lord Owain, the most serious character of them all?

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
DK Silhouette Stage: 20% - It's possible.
Want: 50% - Indifferent.

Aran Ryan: Double Zeroes - I can't see Punch-Out!! getting two characters, and even if it did it wouldn't be him. While I wouldn't mind a second character, this wouldn't be my choice.

Owain Prediction: 0.24% - argh
Bowser Jr. Prediction: 14.12% - People have become even more doubtful of a sixth character.

Lor Starcutter x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Who is this "Orwain" fellow that you are referring to?:troll: Surely you aren't referring to Dark Lord Owain, the most serious character of them all?

Fixed, durn you. Curse you non-Dixlexics and your perfact sphelling. At least computers have checks to stohp them, right? :p

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Of course two days after I start updating the music daily my family decides that a surprise four-day vacation would be fun. So, I will be busy today packing and the next two days on the road/on vacation.

DK Silhouette Stage: 25%
Want: 100% The first time I played Brawl one of the things I thought is "Man, one of those shadow stages from DK would look amazing". I still stand by that judgment.

Aran Ryan: 0%

Owain: 0.73%
Bowser Jr.: 12.34%

x5 "In the Final" (If we get this and one of Bowser's quotes is "Showtime!" all of my Bowser dreams will come true.)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
DK Silhouette Stage:

Chance: 2.5%
While this would be interesting, I'm pretty sure it's not happening. Why? Because recolors need to be seen. If it wasn't for that, I could definitely see it happening, but I can't because of that.

Want: 88%
Would be a really cool stage. But only after Gangplank Galleon.

Aran Ryan:

Chance: .08%
Incredibly unlikely, but not as impossible as some of the characters we rate here.

Want: Abstain

Predictions:
Owain: .36%
Bowser Jr.: 8%

Nominations: Eirika x5

jigglover

Smash Lord
DK Silhouette Stage:

Chance: 2.5%
While this would be interesting, I'm pretty sure it's not happening. Why? Because recolors need to be seen. If it wasn't for that, I could definitely see it happening, but I can't because of that.
Simple. You know the outlines for characters on the 3DS? Send that feature to the Wii U and make it the colourif the player's team!

Also I forgot to mention this, but instead of redoing other characters, don't you think it would be fun to have a round of an entirely new, fabulous bug something princess? If so, nominate Agitha today! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom