• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Kid Icarus Codecs
Chance: 99.99%
I can't really see this NOT happening. Sakurai would not miss such an opportunity, and it's not like they were only exclusive to the Starfox crew in Brawl with Snake getting his own too.

Want: 50%
Like with anything and everything Kid Icarus, I am totally indifferent and neutral.

Wario Land Wario
Chance: 0%
Remember when Sakurai kept Ganondorf a clone of Captain Falcon so as to not alienate fans of his past moveset? Ganondorfs moveset was mildly tweaked in Brawl, but didn't get a huge overhaul. He was a clone. Wario has a totally unique moveset, and seems to be entirely designed around Warioware. Never gonna happen.

Want: 0%
Wario's moveset is fine. Tweak one or two moves by all means, give him a bit more weight and power and he's good to go. He doesn't really require a total rework. He's not Ganondorf.

Skipping Nominations as I have no idea who the heck to vote for these days.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Kid Icarus Codecs Chance: 75%
It's widely requested, and is a pretty obvious addition to the game.
I doubt that Sakurai never at least considered this, and there is no reason for Sakurai to NOT add this.
THINK OF THE POTENTIAL!!!

KI Codecs Want: 100%
Want want want want want want want want want want want.
That is all.

Overhauled Wario Chance: 5%
Remember that time when Yoshi wasn't announced for a long time because he was being completely overhauled?
I don't either.
Seriously, just like how Yoshi's big change was that he stands more upright, Wario's big change will be that he has his plumber outfit as his default.

Overhauled Wario Want: 0%
Nope.
While he could have a few Wario Land moves, I felt his Brawl moveset really captures the essence of Wario.

Vaati Prediction: 20%
Has much competition with Ghirahim, Tingle, Tetra, and a few others.

Prince Fluff Prediction: 10%
Obvious choice if Sakurai wants to represent Epic Yarn. But that is only if Sakurai WANTS to actually represent it.
And I think we all have no idea what Sakurai wants in Smash anymore.

Nomination: X5 Fawful
I have chortles.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Holy skype calls, Pitman!: 35% OR 90%
The issue is what the rating's for... if it's 'atleast one' then 90%, but the rating is smash taunts, multiple, and for that I'm not so sure. I don't think we'll get them the same way as Snake, where he discussed a particular character, it doesn't seem to fit KI as much, but it might happen. That said we could get a situational smash taunt, or something that's occurred to me is a location based smash taunt!

If we have two characters from KI in (Pit and Palutena), both taunting at the same time I could see them talking about the stage they're currently fighting on with various interruptions from other KI characters... it would allow stage trivia to be explained aswell, and would be more fitting to the way Pit and Palutena actually talk in their game (imo). Can't put it too high, but it would make a lot of sense to me.

Want: 100%
And would be friggin' awesome! KI:U is all about the dialogue, and getting some of that into Smash would be great, plus it could co-exist with Snake or any other Codex calls.

Pit-ified Wario: 46%
Unlike Yoshi, who still fit more or less, Wario's move-set is terribly unfitting for who he is, and this smash seems to be updating characters to come into line with their canonical appearance more (Link's jump attack and back dodge, Dk's roll, Yoshi and Bowser looking like they do in the main series), and it wouldn't take much to change him to be very clearly different. Chancged animations would be enough for most casuals to notice, but a shoulder bash or coin shake would make it completely unmissable. I think there's about a 50% chance of a significant change going on, it's been too long and for no reason, but if it's necessarily Wario Land rather than actually using something actually based of WarioWare or not gives me some questions.

Wario doesn't really represent WarioWare with his old moveset... he doesn't rep anything really, and to make him more inline with a canon (any canon really) would be great! It's not quite as important as Ganon, but I still want him to have a move set change, at least a little...

Chibi-Wizard: 1.22%
Feels like Pants: 0.59%
I think we're getting alot harsher on the no-hopers now-a-days, so I'm going to swing low... maybe a little too low, but it's easier to play hot and cold with clear opposite sides of the mark...

Ryu Hayabusa *3
Spyro*2

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
KI-Codecs Chance: 55% I can see it happening as a nice replacement for Snake's codecs.
KI-Codecs Want: 100% New codecs are always welcome, but I prefer Layton codecs to happen.

Nominations:
x5 Ayumi Tachibana

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Kid Icarus Codecs: 75% I think they will happen, but maybe only in the wii version. Idk.
Wario: 25% - Meh I don't know. His move set was a bit strange last time around.

Predictions:
Vaati : 5% The fact we thought Toon Link would get cut, makes me think the fact that a 2nd Toon character isn't very plausible.
Prince Fluff: 10% (Overrated)- Kirby's Epic Yarn won't be remembered by this time.

Nominations:
Micaiah x 5

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Kid Icarus Codecs:

Chance: 60%
Would honestly be more surprised to not see it...but I could see it being passed over for some stupid reason.

The dialogue was the best part of the game.

Revamped Wario:

Chance: 7%
Don't see it happening, honestly.

I have no attachment to Warioland. Only Warioware.

Predictions:

Vaati: 3.3%
Prince Fluff: 11%

Nominations: Sheriff x5

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yeah I used to want a Wario Land themed Wario, since it is my favorite franchise, but after some thought, I think Brawl Wario is perfectly fine. Wario is my favorite video game character, and I think he was represented perfectly in regards to his moveset.

What is there for Wario Land to justify a complete overhaul? Shoulder Bash? That move would work best as a dash attack considering the context. Butt stomp? Several characters have that already. Ground Punch? Eh.

And before anyone brings up Project M Wario, no, I don't like him there. He went from a really fun utility character in Brawl to a boring Jigglypuff. For all the things PM did right, this one really hurt, and was in fact when I took a step back and thought "do I really want a Wario Land inspired Wario? Not anymore." You could say PM really hurt the idea of incorporating Land moves to his design for, but I really can't for the life of me imagine any of his moves in Land having a major role in his design without drastically changing his unique playstyle in Brawl.

Last edited:

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
Kid Icarus Codex
-Chance: 60%
It is possible, but I can see it being excluded for something else.
-Want: 100%
To hear characters like Pit, Palutena, Hades, Viridi, and others, would be just grand~

Wario: Abstaining.

Vaati: 2.7%
Prince Fluff: 4.5%

Nominations: 5x Sherrif. (Helping you out, Pacack!)

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet
Nobody is writing sample codecs? Aww, and here I thought you all loved the Kid Icarus franchise! It looks like I have no choice--let Hades show you how a codec is written!

Pit uses a Smash taunt while fighting against Hades:

Pit: Lady Palutena! I'm fighting Hades again, but I can't take him on my own! Can you help me in this fight?

Palutena: Sorry, Pit, but I wasn't chosen to become a character in the new Smash Bros. game. I can't do anything but give you advice.

Hades: That's right, Pitty; I made the cut over Pretty Palutena. I am the true Lord of the Underworld, after all.

Pit: Go home, Hades. Just go home. Advice would be great, Lady Palutena. What can you say about Hades?

Palutena: I wouldn't try to fight against Hades, Pit. He's so awesome that you really just don't compare.

Pit: Uh... thanks. But how am I supp-

Hades: BOOM!

Pit: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Palutena: Pit? Pit! Piiiiiiiiiiiiit!

Pyrrhon: Your game is so totally over.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Damn it, I completely forgot to update the want chart. I'll get to it tomorrow. Sorry.

Kid Icarus Codecs: 55%
Kid Icarus Uprising is full of very well-written dialogue, and Sakurai wrote the story himself, apparently, so it's likely that some of it will translate into Smash.

Sure. As I stated already, the dialogue in KI:U is really well written, so I can't complain if I see it in Smash.

Wario getting some Wario Land moves: 40%
Many veterans are getting moveset changes to make them closer to their source games - Yoshi stands upright, DK got his roll, Link has his jumping slash, Luigi can flutter jump, and Bowser isn't Godzilla anymore. So yeah, I think it has a solid chance of happening.

Wario Land needs some love, and Project M Wario is freaking amazing.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
kid Icarus codecs - 75%
whether it's something similar to starfox where your allies and enemies just banter or where they give you advice about your opponents like snake's I still see it being pretty likely, kid icrus uprising has a lot of dialoge, funny ones too, so much that its not hard to imagine it in the smash scene how it feels like conversations form your squad mates in star fox (only they don't call for help every ten minuets) though I can see it getting past up for more fine polishing, its still something I can see very well happening form all the content kid Icarus is getting
want - 100%
hades voice and chat is enough for this to bee 100%, everything else is icing
wario land wario - 12.50%
I guess it is more or less possible, but I find it doubtful seeing how to sakurai the only thing he seems to notice from Wario is Wario ware
want - 70%
I would prefer a mix between the two, half wario land half wario ware, though If I had to pick one i'll chose land
vaati - 5.24%
not seeing much hope here
prince fluff - 1. 07%
bandana dee.

not sorry

Nominations
SherrifX5
feel like helping a friend out

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Nobody is writing sample codecs? Aww, and here I thought you all loved the Kid Icarus franchise! It looks like I have no choice--let Hades show you how a codec is written!
I'm gonna bite, but keep with my stage taunt ideas.

Pit and Palutena taunt in Bowser Land stage:

Pit: What is this place? and why haven't I heard of it before?!

Palutena: Don't get too excited pit, it's not all fun and games here.
This is Bowser's own private theme park, and the theme is Evil.

Hades: Oh pretty palutena, Evil isn't a theme, it's a way of life.

Pit: You like this place Hades? I thought you were more into the spikey death fortress look.

Hades: Never judge a book by it's cover pitty-pat, I have a wide range of tastes.
I think I may need to make a theme park of my own now...

Pit: Ooh, Ooh, make sure to get a massive roller-coaster!

Paluena: And some tea-cups!

[battle continues]

Last edited:

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
Kid Icarus codecs: Abstain

Wario Land Wario Overhaul
Chance: 30%

Nominations: Veteran downgraded x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
By the way, I hope none of you were hoping to get a hold of Palutena. She's a bit...p̱̤͉r̛e͖̘̪̤̜̗oc̴͍c͍u͢p͖͎͡i҉̳̝̻̳̫e̜̣͍͕͈̻͉d ,.. at the moment.

So, it's just me and Hades then?... P̴̣͇͎e͏̴̣̟̘̲̜̗͎ŗ̷̟̰̱͡f̖̀e̡̘̼c҉̤t̨͓̗.̮.̧͈͙̱̟̼̠́͡.̠̣̗͇̀́

Kid Icarus Codecs

Chance - 65% - It would be a mild
surprise for this to not to happen. The only thing holding them b͏͟͞a̵̧͏c̶̷͡k̀ ̴i̡s̷ ̸̢͟t͝i͘m̶è͢͠...

Want - 100% - Give me a reason not to demand this happening. Who knows? M͝ą̀͏y̴̧͏͏b̸͏ȩ͟ ͘͢I̴̧ ̸͢͠m̢̡̀̀͟i̵̛g̴̛̛͟ḩ̷t̡͠ ̛̀͘҉͟m̀̀͠͏ą̶̸̛̛k̨̛͡e̵͏̀͝ ̧̕à̡҉͞ń͜͡͞͡ ͏͜á̡͘p̴̢͘͞͏p̸e̴͢͝҉̶à͘r͏͜a͝҉̢̕͢n̢̕͡c͜e̸̢͜͡ ̶̵̨̨͞a̶̛͘͝g̨̢ą̴͏͝ì̷̕n͝͠.͘͝.͞͠͞͞.̴͢͞͠

• Wario Land Redesign

Chance - 5% - While it might be possible he might be changed a bit, I don't think it will add up to anything major.

Want - 50% - Wario's fine the way he is now. W̨hy͡ ̶c͞h̸an҉g̵e͝ ͢t̡h͏è ̢w͝a͠ys̸ o͟f the ̛o̶ld?

Predictions

1. Vaati - 8.75% - Slowly eroding away...

Prince Fluff - 2.25% -H̸̵̡̛͏͈͚̻̪̱ò͚̜̠͍͚͙̗̯͍̝̪̼̥̱̯̘̺͞ͅͅw̶̞̰͕̪͇͘ ̴̷̩͍̻̘͉̦͖̝̩͢͞r̡̠̙̳̮͉̖̯̖̺̰̹͙͈̗ͅi̸̧̛̠̟͙̦̬͖̫̺̤͍̫̺͇̗̻̖͜d̷̵̡̘̭̥͖̝̹͍̫̱̮̮̭͙͓̥̕͞ͅͅi͏̷̧͉̘͉̗̟͉̙̲̦̯͔͞͝c̷̪̩̪͍͎̣̜̮͇͎̟̺͖̤̜u̡̝̮̜̙̹͉͙̲̖̮͍͔͙̫̬͕̕l̵̸̗̖͉̪̲̖̻o̸͎̗͉͕̤̬̳̖̻͖͈͞ͅu̷̞̫̩̞̘̥̩̖͔͘ś̷̡̼̬͙͉͎̪̦̳̮̖͙̦̘͙̟̼̤͘͟.͕͔̭̥̻̠̮͉͎̼̀͜

Nominations

T͞o ͞a̧noth͞er d̵imensio҉n w͡e s͘ha͏l̨l̢ ̀g̶o̡.͏..

Halcandra Stage X5

Fools... I shall return someday...

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Pity, I can't nominate Prince Fluff anymore...

Uprising Codex:

Chance: 99%

Sakurai has too big an ego to pass this up.

Of course.

Land Wario:

Chance: 2%

Sakurai hates the Wario Land series (no source, heard it somewhere)

Want: 25%

Meh, don't play as Wario anyway.

Nom: Veteran downgrade x5

PS I am mentally enervated. Sorry for the curt responses.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Uprising Codex Likelihood: 35%
Want: 75%

Wario Land Wario Likelihood: 20%
Want: 90%

Vaati: 4.25%
Prince Fluff: 3.8%

Mario Kart 8 stage x5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Curious. In what way?

He feels like a really one dimensional character in PM.
Well, they got rid of his G&W like movement, made the Shoulder Bash a special and got rid of Chomp.

I guess he feels more natural to me in PM, like a real brute. Most of his goofy moves from Brawl were replaced, which I liked.

I guess I should mention that I really didn't like his goofy attacks and movement in Brawl, so PM Wario was like a godsend.

My only gripe is that they got rid of the bike.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
What a bunch of miserable hypocrites!
I don't know if the nominations included with the failed ratings I posted earlier counted, but I'll post this again anyway.
Aran Ryan x5
I counted your ratings and your nominations. I always try to work them in if possible; as long as you're before I post the results for the day, you're probably in. My "Day Over" thing is basically a warning that I'm calculating scores, and you should post whatever you have immediately.
Ooh... everyone's returning? How fortunate.

Ratings must will be given out latter. I just have one problem, though.

H́́o͡͏w͜͏ ç͜o̵̡͡u͏̡͟l̛d̨͡ ̧͡y͜où͠ ҉f́ò̵̧r҉g҉é͢t͟ M̧҉̥̝͖̱̟̩̥̝̥̣̝̤̣͙E̝͓̻̬̕
That avatar change. What foul vortex did you come from?
If you would like to exchange Friend Codes and battle, please PM me. (Is this allowed?)
You'll receive no objections from me about posting it here. There is a stickied thread over on the Smash for 3DS Forum for it, though. Mine is listed under my avatar image; I'd be willing to battle sometime if you'll send me yours.

Kid Icarus Smash Taunts: 66%
With all of the stuff from Uprising that we're seeing, it's clear that it was fixed in Sakurai's mind as he was making this game. I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen because there is precedent in Brawl, and the regular conversation played a huge part in the Kid Icarus experience.

Kid Icarus Smash Taunts Want: 100%
I love the idea, and I feel that it would make a great Wii-U exclusive feature. It wouldn't take too much effort up, and it really helps build the character of the title. I'm also a Kid Icarus nerd, and Uprising is still my favorite Game of the Decade thus far.

Wario Land Wario: 5%
We've really never seen a veteran get this drastic of a change before, have we? Sakurai has changed lots of things through the installments, but I can't recall him doing anything this drastic. Additionally, based on his track record with including Wario Land stuff in the past (and the fact that we've seen a WarioWare AT already) makes me highly skeptical that he's going to shift so strongly towards it. This percentage is mostly derived from the fact that he's still in hiding, and as evidenced with the Direct, Sakurai sometimes waits to show characters to whom he's made changes.

Wario Land Wario Want: 0%
Wario is one of my favorite Nintendo characters. I beat all of the Wario Land games when I was a kid, and the Gamecube and Wii installments of Wario Ware are mainstays when I have a bunch of guys over at my place. I didn't join the Brawl hype wagon until after the E3 2006 trailer, but had I been around before the trailer, I would have supported him more than any other character.

...and it is my personal opinion that Brawl Wario is absolutely spot-on. He's got his shoulder bash, he's got his bike, and he's so crude and manic that he he stands out--just as Wario should. I love playing as him (he's the character I play the third-most often [behind Toon Link and Pikachu and just ahead of Dedede]), and he's a character that just feels really comfortable to me. I love the concept of how he plays, and I love the way he feels, so I have no desire to see him change.

Professor Layton x5
"Critical thinking is the key to success!"

DAY OVER

RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU WANT A WARIO LAND WALUIGI!

Groose

Smash Champion
Kid Icarus Smash Taunts
57.39% chance
78.24% want

Several franchises are absolutely adored by this board--DK, Fire Emblem, Metroid... and Kid Icarus all come to mind. It should come as little surprise that a concept paying homage to Uprising in an extravagant way would be popular, then.

Wario Land Wario
17.47% chance
54.84% want

It's a Wii, Wario! Nobody has any doubt that Wario will be returning, but many are skeptical that he'll get an overhaul. That doesn't stop it from being a popular idea, however; it's actually more liked than the majority of the newcomers we've rated. Remember, children: GREED IS GOOD!

Today we're discussing the Legend of Zelda franchise again. This time, we'll be talking about Vaati. Vaati is a pretty recurring character (with major/main villain roles in the Four Swords games and the Minish Cap) and he's pretty popular, but did he miss the boat in Brawl? Speaking of missing the boat, did Prince Fluff miss his when his title was changed into a Kirby game? Please rate Vaati and Prince Fluff in chance and want. Tomorrow we'll have some interesting things to discuss as well. Per @ Pacack Pacack 's request, we'll be discussing Sheriff; we'll also be talking about a potential Mario Kart 8 stage. Please predict how these two will do.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Vaati Chance: 10% Honestly think his chances have decreased due to Sheik being seperate, this goes for every other potential Zelda candidate except Ganon replacing Ganondorf.
Vaati Want: 75% Always loved Scatman's passion for him.
Prince Fluff Chance: 7.5% Not that great, but he has uniqueness going for him.
Prince Fluff Want: 90% I would rather wait for a yarn protagonist that's not Yarn Mario or Yarn Link first.
Nominations:
x5 Ayumi Tachibana

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Vaati: 50% chance 90% Want Vaati deserves to be playable way before Ghirahim.

Prince Fluff: Chance 10% Want 0% I don't even know who it is.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Vaati:
Chance: 15%
Want: 95%
The only Zelda Newcomer that I actually care for.

Prince Fluff:
Chance: 5%
Want: 1%
Who?

Nominations:
Medusa x5

Tetraplex

Smash Cadet
Vaati Chances: 40%
He's popular, sure. But with Ghirahim being such a breakout character (somewhat similar to Greninja in that respect), I don't see him as too likely.

Vaati Want: 80%
That said, I would much rather play as Vaati than Ghirahim.

Prince Fluff Chances: 60%
Honestly, it depends on if he's in Yarn Yoshi imo. He's got potential, obviously, but he needs more recognition first.

Prince Fluff Want: 100%
Yes please. Not fond of the game, but I'll be darned (get it?) if they didn't pack it full of stuff I want to see in a Smash game. Yarn grappling, transformations, even multiple possible final smashes? He's one of my most wanted newcomers!

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
Vaati
-Chance: 8.4%
His chances are not looking so great, seeing how he has not been a villain for a bit of time.
-Want: 85%
Playing as Vaati will be quite cool, but I won't cry over his loss.

Prince Fluff
-Abstaining

Predictions:
Sheriff: 12% Not really sure where this one will go.
Mario Kart 8 Stage: 35%

Nominations:
5x Medusa

andimidna

Smash Master
Vaati:
One of the few Zelda characters I'm not even convinced Sakurai knows about...
Pigs were a trophy in Brawl. PIGS. Gah!
What a shame. He couldn't even get one of the 700 stickers.And that was when he was just recently a main villain in 3 games inbetween Melee and Brawl's roster finalization. There have been new games. And now he just has those old games and a re-release.
Chance: 4%
Was really hoping for Midna, Zant, or Vaati in Brawl. And instead I got a 3rd Link clone. Yay.
But now, I'm expecting Ghirahim to be the Zelda newcomer, which isn't very likely, but I'd give it a solid 65.
And while I would prefer Ghirahim...
Want: 95%
See that Vaati avatar? I made that. Quickly, yea, not exactly how I wanted it to turn out, but I've kept it for a while.
But about Vaati, I used to prefer Midna and Skull Kid too, but their deconfirmation has made Vaati my #2 for my favorite series. And I used to think he seemed like the generic villain character- just going after power and such... but, one day I looked at his cool design, thought of his potential moveset, and listened to his awesome theme... and realized how much I'd like this.
Minish Cap is really fun-- to those who haven't played it.

Prince Fluff:
Chance: 1%
This would look pretty out of place.
Want: 70%
I don't like this at all, but I'd love to see SmashBoards' reaction to a non-Dee Kirby newcomer :laugh:
But if we seriously have to have a Kirby newcomer, just add Magolor :p

Sheriff: 12%
Mario Kart 8 stage: 35%

x1 Savvy Stylist
x2 Bayonetta
x1 Medusa
x1 Anna

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Crap for want I forgot to put them in last time. For codecs it's 100% I don't care about Wario

Vaati:
Chance: 5% - Like I said before, with Toon Link being kinda of on the chopping block until he was announced, I think it's hard for us to get another toon character.
Want: 50% I rather have Mask Man but he seems interesting I guess.

Prince Fluff:
Chance 0% - KEY doesn't look like it was too popular and will be forgotten by the time SSB4 comes out.
Want: 0% - We don't need him

Sheriff: 10% - A strange character that I'm not familiar with.
Mario Kart 8 Stage: 70% - Would make total sense

Nominations:
Micaiah x 3 (Almost there!)
Mike Tyson or Mr. Dream Boss x 1
Ilyana (Fire Emblem) x 1

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Vaaiti
Chance: 15%
Want: 60%
Not a big LoZ fan but he looks cool.

Prince Fluff
Chance: 10%
Want: 60%, I'd rather take the Dee but I wouldn't complain if I was given Fluff

Nomz
Lanky Kong x10

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nomination post has been updated.

Vaati's chances: 0.5% - I never found a Zelda character as likely as other people here, and even if there was one I don't see it being Vaati.
Want: 65% - The Zelda newcomer that I like the most and one of two I like at all.

Prince Fluff's chances: 0% - Bandana Dee. Seriously, if we get a Kirby character, it's Bandana Dee. Magolor maybe with a very small chance. I can't see this.
Want: 0% - I'll pass.

Sheriff prediction: 9.10%
MK8 stage: 25.13%

Jill x5

D

Deleted member

Remember, children: GREED IS GOOD!
Also remember that greed can make you do great things. Greed loves old people. Gold coins and puppies...
Greed can get you everything, even if you have to pile drive your enemies to do so.
That commercial from Wario World was awesome.
I couldn't help but quote it!

Vaati and Prince Fluff have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated Vaati, check to see what you've said on his day!

Vaati
Chance:
3%

Half of what I gave him before.
There is one thing going for him: uniqueness. There is a lot that they could do with Vaati to make him an interesting character on the roster. Other than that... many things are opposing him.
First off is that Sheik now has her own slot. Why is this bad? Instead of sharing a slot with Zelda, she now takes up one. I see that Zelda will get room for 5 characters and Ganondorf is a shoo-in. Second, he hasn't played any major roles in the Zelda games for a very long time. He is probably the second most important behind Ganondorf himself, but he barely gets referenced within the Zelda franchise. Lastly, there isn't a lot of demand for him in particular. I expect him to get outcompeted by the likes of Ghirahim and Toon Zelda.
EDIT: What I meant to say is that Vaati is lacking overall importance within the Zelda franchise. He plays a major role in the Four Swords games, but he doesn't have the importance or influence as Ganon does. Heck, even Ganon played a major part in Four Swords Adventure. He seems to have been forgotten or shelved by the Zelda team as of late.
Want: 25%
He would be unique, but I don't have a connection with Vaati. He didn't stand out to me as a villain.

Prince Fluff
Chance:
2%

I will give Prince Fluff more credit than others might.
Kirby's Epic Yarn was a popular and critically acclaimed game. His uniqueness is also something major as Sakurai could take a look at this game and give Prince Fluff moves from that game; there is a lot that he could draw from that game that could inspire a moveset. Now, the developers of Kirby's Epic Yarn are making another Yarn game with Yoshi in it this time around. This could potentially help and hurt Prince Fluff.
Why could it help Prince Fluff?
If the Yarn games are going to be a staple, Prince Fluff might be separated and be viewed as a "Yarn" character rather than a "Kirby" character.
Why could it hurt Prince Fluff?
If he isn't in that game or has a major role, then this guy is basically done for good.
The Kirby series is rather infamous when it comes to one-offs. There are one-off heroes and villains and Prince Fluff could be among them. If Prince Fluff is a major character in Yarn Yoshi, I say that he could have chance. For now though, he has to compete with other Kirby characters, namely Bandana Dee who is becoming a staple to the franchise.
If he turns out to be a Yarn character, becomes a staple of that franchise, and if Yarn Yoshi proves to be a success, then I could potentially see Prince Fluff have a slightly bigger chance in the next Smash.
Want: 90%
Surprised? Yes, I am a supporter of Bandana Dee... but let me surprise you even more; I supported Prince Fluff longer than Bandana Dee.
I loved Kirby's Epic Yarn. It was easy yes, but that is what I loved about it. With an incredibly easy difficulty (you can't even die), beautiful visuals seen throughout the game, and amazing music to boot, it made the overall experience of Kirby's Epic Yarn relaxing. It's a game that I can pick up, play, and relax my mind with.
I supported Prince Fluff because of how unique he was. I even had a moveset in my mind of how he could work (I kinda forgot about it, however...).
Then Kirby's Return to Dream Land came out and Bandana Dee won me over Prince Fluff (which I will explain why shortly). So, Prince Fluff loses 10% because he is not Bandana Dee. I would be excited for how unique Prince Fluff would be, but I think that Bandana Dee would be more fun and he deserves a roster slot more than Prince Fluff.
Because Bandana Dee is a big deal on Smashboards for some sad reason.
Now is the perfect time for me to reply to this as to why I support Bandana Dee over Prince Fluff.
I will admit, Prince Fluff could be more unique... but I find that Bandana Dee would be more of a blast to play as. The Spear ability plays a part in this as I find it to be one of the funnest abilities in Kirby history. Seeing the Spear ability in action made me want Bandana Dee in Smash.
But the Spear ability isn't the sole reason why I want Bandana Dee. Over time, he grew on me as a character. I love how Bandana Dee is incredibly loyal to Kirby, King Dedede, and friends. He is willing to fight Kirby to stop him from approaching King Dedede in KSSU, helped Kirby and co. help Magolor and basically fought his own brethren to help Kirby in KRtDL, and he provided with helpful health items in KTD (which solidified Bandana Dee as my 3rd most wanted newcomer behind Shulk and Little Mac). I honestly have somewhat of a connection with Bandana Dee, something that I lack with Prince Fluff.
Finally, I love the Kirby series and I wouldn't mind a fourth rep. If there was one, then I want it to be Bandana Dee. He would be incredibly fun to play as.
Kirby's Return to Dream Land made me want Bandana Dee in Smash. The character is cool and the Spear ability is cool.
I am not forcing you to support Bandana Dee in any way, shape, or form, but I just want to show that I didn't just randomly start supporting Bandana Dee out of nowhere. I love the little guy and I hope that he becomes playable. I don't think that his chances are strong mind you, but I still am hoping for him.
MONADO! FLAME SHEILD!

Sheriff Prediction: 6.10%
I think people are going to get pessimistic about his ratings.
Mario Kart 8 Stage Prediction: 24.88%
I don't even know.

Nominations: Gematsu Leak is Real 5x

Last edited by a moderator:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Vaati - 0.50%
vaati used to be a better competitor but now time has been bad for him, I imagine that not very many people know about him in the public eye, he's fading like other Zelda villains not named ganon/ganondorf, if they were going to put a character up it would be someone that people know and would get excited or at least interested in, more people would be confused than glad by his inclusion, the only reason he's not at the bottom is because unlike others he's not similar to other characters and has appeared multiple times as a villain, something only Gannon says he can do
want - 50%
neutral
I wrote this a while ago, finally have a use for it now
prince fluff - 1%
him, Maglor, and bandana dee are the only contenders for a Kirby slot,
all magalor has is RTDL and prince fluff has uniqueness along with kirbys epic yarn,
but yet both are so overblown by bandana dee that it really doesn't matter
want - 75%
I am a major bandana dee supporter, yet i would actually like his inclusion, imagine the yarn abilities in epic yarn could translate to an interesting move set in smash
sheriff - 11.63%
i don't know
Mario kart 8 stage - 26.29%
repeat the above
nominations:
The pirate ship (legend of Zelda)X5
Now is the perfect time for me to reply to this as to why I support Bandana Dee over Prince Fluff.
I will admit, Prince Fluff could be more unique... but I find that Bandana Dee would be more of a blast to play as. The Spear ability plays a part in this as I find it to be one of the funnest abilities in Kirby history. Seeing the Spear ability in action made me want Bandana Dee in Smash.
But the Spear ability isn't the sole reason why I want Bandana Dee. Over time, he grew on me as a character. I love how Bandana Dee is incredibly loyal to Kirby, King Dedede, and friends. He is willing to fight Kirby to stop him from approaching King Dedede in KSSU, helped Kirby and co. help Magolor and basically fought his own brethren to help Kirby in KRtDL, and he provided with helpful health items in KTD (which solidified Bandana Dee as my 3rd most wanted newcomer behind Shulk and Little Mac). I honestly have somewhat of a connection with Bandana Dee, something that I lack with Prince Fluff.
Finally, I love the Kirby series and I wouldn't mind a fourth rep. If there was one, then I want it to be Bandana Dee. He would be incredibly fun to play as.
Kirby's Return to Dream Land made me want Bandana Dee in Smash. The character is cool and the Spear ability is cool.
I am not forcing you to support Bandana Dee in any way, shape, or form, but I just want to show that I didn't just randomly start supporting Bandana Dee out of nowhere. I love the little guy and I hope that he becomes playable. I don't think that his chances are strong mind you, but I still am hoping for him.
MONADO! FLAME SHEILD!

I find it funny how this gif mostly gets used on conversations/posts that relate to bandana dee

beautiful mate good job
i'm a bit different of how I lead up, but all in all i'm the same, I like bandana dee as a character and love the spear move, both which I think and believe would make great additions to smash
he's just an character that grows on ya over time

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Vaati
Chance- 5%
He has some importance, but not much else.
Want- 50%
I actually kind of like Vaati. I still don't see it happening, though.

Prince Fluff
Chance- 4%
Bandana Dee would come first, and Kirby doesn't even really need a fourth character.
Want- 0%
No. I would rather see Bandana Dee for importance or even Adeleine just because I loved Kirby 64 when I was little. Prince Fluff strikes me as rather unnecessary.

Predictions I don't know why I even bother
Sheriff- 9.8%
I expect general skepticism with a few people inflating it.
Mario Kart 8 Stage- 31.7%
Many will think it came too late.

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
Vaati
Chance: 2%
If we get a new Zelda character, I want it to be classic Ganon

Prince Fluff
Chance: 5%
There are more interesting Kirby characters, but Kirby doesn't need more characters.

Nominations:
Veteran downgraded x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Vaati: 1% I don't see it happening.
Want: 0% I want Toon Zelda. I want Ganon. I want Ghirahim. (and I want Chancellor Cole.)

Prince Fluff: 0.1% Not even the fifth most important character of a series that might not even get a fourth rep.

Sheriff: 7.18%
Mario Kart 8 Stage: 42.08%

x5 Zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom