• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Zael Mii Outfit's Chance: 50%
I see nothing pointing in either way, but it seems like something they would do. Seems far more likely than him being a playable character at this point.

Zael Mii Outfit's Want: Abstain
Zael? Zael who?

----------

Classic BF & FD Skins' Chance: 0%
I see absolutely no reason why they would spend what little development time for something so pointless. They'd be better off making another new or classic stage, or if they don't have the time for that, a Mii outfit at the very least.

Classic BF & FD Skins' Want: 0%
No offense to those who want this, but I honestly can't think of a bigger waste of developer time. There isn't any need for it, especially in Final Destination's case since we have the Omega variants.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Abstaining from both concepts today.

Predictions:

Inkling (Splatoon): 25.01%
Paper Mario Theatre Stage: 4.10%

Nominations:

(Concept) Blazblue representation: x5

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Zael Mii Costume
Chance: 18.5%
It's not out of the realm of possibility. The main problem is that Zael isn't really that popular of a character, so the developers might not find it worth making a Mii Fighter costume out of him. I'll give the Zael Mii Costume concept a score of 18.5%.
Could see it happening, but we're probably running low on how many Mii Costumes are left...

Want: 50%
Just like any Mii Fighter Costume concept, I don't care one way or the other. As long as they're made with good quality I'm sure I won't mind adding them to my collection.

Classic Skins for Battlefield and FD
Chance: 5.6%
This is a cool idea, but it's something I doubt we'll see. Sakurai probably doesn't see the need to do something like this, and if he did it would have probably been in the base game instead of in an update. I'll give this classic skin concept a score of 5.6%.
I mean, if Sakurai won't even give us classic skins for the original 12, then Battlefield and FD probably have no chance...

Want: 65%
I actually like this concept. It would be a neat drawback to the original game(s). At the same time, I can live without it.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Zael Mii Costume

Chance: 50%

It's a coin flip at best. We've been given a costume for Akira, a Virtua Fighter character who's main game never appeared on a Nintendo console.

"I'm indifferent because I don't buy the Mii Costumes." Couldn't have said it better myself.

Classic Skins for Battlefield and Final Destination

Chance: 0%

Nope, never gonna happen. This is the same guy went on his accord on saying how much time it takes to make content and I doubt he would see skins being needed.

Want: 20%

Would like it, but I don't feel it's rather necessary.

Inklings Prediction: 32%

Paper Mario Theater Stage Prediction: 4%

Nominations: Anthony Higgs x5

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Abstain from both concepts. I think this is my first abstain.

Inkling Prediction: 39.67%
Paper Mario Theatre Stage Prediction: 2.12%

Nominations:
Endou Mamoru x3
Klefki x11
New Wii U Earthbound stage x1

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Zael Mii Costume's chances: 20%

It is a possibility.

Want: 80%

I'd buy it.

Classic Skins chances: 1%

I don't see it happening.

Want: 0%

Don't care about or see the need for them, and feel that the time would be better spent on something else.

Inkling re-rerate prediction: 28.43%
Theater prediction: 5.01%

Nominations: Knuckles x5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Three abstentions, but I did really like the Melee look for BF/FD, so 75% want there.

Predict stage: 0.9%, predict Inklings: 29.9%

Nom: 3DS stage on U x10

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Zael Mii Fighter Costume
Chance: 10% - He'd fit in perfectly, but I can't help but feel Nintendo's mostly forgot about Last Story.
Want: 50% - I'm neutral.

Classic skins for Battlefield and Final Destination
Chance: 5% - I just can't see Sakurai going this route.
Want: 0% - I actually think the new designs are the best. No way I'd pay DLC money for this.

Nominations: Only first party DLC characters from now on x5

DAY OVER
PLEASE WAIT WHILE I CALCULATE THE RESULTS

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
ZAEL MII FIGHTER COSTUME
CHANCE: 24.13%
WANT: 39.00%

CLASSIC SKINS FOR BATTLEFIELD AND FINAL DESTINATION
CHANCE: 4.03%
WANT: 36.28%
Next up we're rating a Paper Mario theatre stage and rerating the Inklings. Also please predict what score Sceptile and Nester will get tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Paper Mario Theatre Stage

Chance: 1%

I doubt it.

Want: 70%

Sounds interesting.

Inklings

Chance: 10%

I'm not sure if playable Inklings are feasible on the 3DS.

Neutral.

Predictions:

Sceptile - 15%

Nester - 0.1%

Nominaton: Zero (Mega Man) x5

Last edited by a moderator:
Theater Want
100%
one of he best stage suggestions ever. Great potential from an even greater game. Also potentially rawk hawk. and with rawk hawk would come his glorious theme

inklings want
100%
oh hey another huge potential item. and their potential has only increased from the updates to splatoon.

nom
ace attorney representation 5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.
Since the website will be under maintenance for I don't know how long, I will post my ratings now.

Inklings
Chance:
50%

Copy and paste:
Inklings
Chance:
50%

Honestly call me crazy, but I think that they have a shot for a few good reasons.
1. Splatoon is a game that went gold. It sold a lot of units for Nintendo and was a pretty good seller for the system when the game first released. I am pretty sure this franchise has a future.
2. The Inklings are pretty requested, both from a combination for Splatoon's hype and the fact that they could be unique in battle.
3. They already have content in Smash in the form of costumes and a trophy to boot. The series already has representation.
I can't count them out just yet, even though they already have a trophy and a costume. I think that their chances are 50/50 at this point; it really comes down to if Sakurai and Nintendo want to push for their inclusion and promote the game now. Now is better than later, where Splatoon might be irrelevant in a few years (though I doubt that).
Provided if the Inklings and Splatoon are still relevant in a few years, then they might become the next Diddy Kong or Little Mac of the next game.
I still stand by this rating. Nothing has changed.

Want: 10%
I've grown a bit interested in their moveset potential, but I am not a fan of how the Inklings look and the game doesn't interest me at this current time. Maybe another day...
Paper Mario Theater Stage
Chance:
5%

Despite the demand, we have a Paper Mario stage on the 3DS already.
Want: 100%
I still want it, though.

Sceptile Prediction: 9.30%
Again?
Nester Prediction: 2.93%
RIP Nintendo Power.

Nominations: Knuckles 5x

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord

Chance: 2%
Want: 1%

- Meh.

Inklings

Chance: 5%
Want: 0%

- These guys are meant to be Smash 5 newcomers. Now it's not the time for them.

Predictions

Sceptile: 0.7%
Nester: 0.3%

Nominations

Eliwood x3
Oliver (Fire Emblem) x2

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Paper mario stage:
Double Abstain

Inklings:
Chance: 45%
want: 5% I'm okay with them, but I would rather see character that have been requested for years they are totally welcome in smash 5.

Nominate: Malon X5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Paper Theater

Chance - 2.44% - About a 75% chance if we get Paper Mario. I don't see it happening otherwise.

Want - 60% -Could be cool, with an intractable audience.

Inklings

Chance - 10% - I still think that they have a fairly respectable shot, but that costume is still damaging.

Want - 95% - I'm willing to wait for next game, but I really want them now.

Predictions

Sceptile - 1.35% - Not all that likely...

Nester - 0.12% - ...he died with Nintendo Power.

Nominations

Henry Fleming X5

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Inklings
Chance: 9%
My confidence in their chances was already declining by the time we rated them the second time, and after the K. Rool costume reveal is when I really started to feel as if Sakurai was using Mii Fighter costumes as consolation prizes for the popular characters he doesn't feel like making playable in this iteration of Smash. I now think that it's definitely more than likely that the Inklings will be held off until next time around. I'll give the ink shooting squid kids a 9% chance, which is a 26% drop from my last rating and a 41% drop from my first rating.
Now they actually do have an inkling of a chance...

Want: 85%
They are still among my most wanted characters, but to be honest I'm kind of a bandwagoner when it comes to the Inklings. Which is why I really don't mind waiting until the next Smash game if need be.

Chance: 6.3%
We already got a Paper Mario stage in the base game, so I doubt Sakurai feels that it's worth making another. Unless maybe if Paper Mario himself becomes DLC, which isn't impossible; just unlikely. I'll give the concept of a DLC Paper Mario Theatre stage a rating of 6.3%.
Would have been cool to have a Paper Mario stage on the Wii U version too...

I don't mind either way. I love getting additional stages almost as much as additional characters.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Paper Mario theatre
Double 0
We already have a Paper Mario stage, two dlc Mario stages and no stages from the other (and better IMO) Mario RPG series.

Inkling
Chance 40%
We'll see
Want 50%

Nominate MM stage x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Inklings:

Chance:5%
Want:60%

I'm fully confident that they won't be DLC characters, but they are definite shoe ins for Smash 5.

Paper Mario

Want:30%

Predictions:

Sceptile: 2.07%
Nester:0%

Nominate Wolf x10.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Inklings

Want: 90%

Paper Mario theater stage

Chance: 0%

Want: 5%

Predictions: Sceptile 3%

Predictions: Nester 0. 05 %

Nominations: John Raimi X5.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Abstaining for the Paper Mario stage.

Inkling chances: 7%
Yes, Splatoon is one of the most influent games from Nintendo in the last few years. Yes, it'd been very successful, being a best seller on the Wii U. Yes, they're among the most requested characters. Yes, they have a ton of potential and may fill a niche no one else is going to fill.

But two words: technical issues. Those went against the Ice Climbers who were seen as absolute shoo-in before their deconfirmation from the ESRB leak and I believe it'll be a deal breaker for Inklings as well, as I doubt it's possible to do them justice properly without a field paint mechanic which I can see generating framerate drops especially on 3DS. Combined with the costume, it probably means that Nintendo wanted some Splatoon representation and promotion through a way that's easier and less intrusive than a fully-fledged character.

Inkling want: 30%
I can see the appeal, but the fact they're too new combined with the fact I'm not confident on Smash 4 being able to handle a field paint mechanic (the only way to do them justice imo) makes me prefer to wait for the next-gen Smash.

-----

Sceptile prediction: 12.11%
Last time I thought the bandwagon calmed down and that it would get <10%. I was super wrong, and I don't expect the score to drop much here as well.

Nester prediction: 0%
I... don't know what to say here...

Nominating: using my extras
(Rerate) Playable newcomer: Rayman x2
Concept: ballot runner-ups as SMM costumes x7 (so it is saved from the danger zone)
Concept: no third-party DLC character after Ryu x1 (this is for you @ colder_than_ice colder_than_ice but with a different wording :p)

Inklings
Chance: 30%

PM Theatre

Sceptile: 5% (hopefully his chance score will be more realistic after tomorrow)
Nester: 0%

I'm out of things to nominate, does anyone wants me to help nominating someone ?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Inklings:
Chances: 10% They have a lot of demand, seem like a nightmare to code (3DS says hi.) and have a mii costume. I think it's pretty safe to say that they probably won't make it this time, I'm expecting them by Smash 5 though.
Want: 0% Not interested, and with slots so low I'm very cautious about who gets in, not to mention my brother hates them so intensely that it won't be worth hearing him rag about it every time I play Smash Bros.

Paper Mario theater stage:
Chances: 20% Paper Mario already has a stage, but if Paper Mario makes it I expect a stage for him and the most likely would be the theater.
Want: 100% Paper Mario is one of my favorite Nintendo franchises, and seeing it get proper rep in Smash would be pretty cool.

Predictions: Sceptile 16%
Nester 0.3%

Nominations: Clefairy x 5

SpiritofSpeed

Smash Cadet
Inklings:
Would love Inklings but the face they're Mii costumes probably rules them out at the moment.

Paper Mario Theater Stage:
Would love this stage to accompany a Paper Mario DLC fighter...

Predictions: Sceptile 3%

Predictions: Nester 0. 03 %

Nominations: New story mode x 5.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
>Too new
Shovel Knight says hi, Which still baffles me.
>Smash 5
I'm still doubting it will happen

Inkling:
Chance 67%
Want 100%

*once again, Nomonates Giana*

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Inklings

Chance: 20%

After the King K. Rool costume was shown, it created a hugely ambiguous situation for both him and the Inklings, seeing as they are both widely voted for characters that got turned into Mii costumes. The difference mainly lies in popularity, as the Inklings are nowhere near as requested as Rool is. Hell, some argue that the costume increases KKR's chances, which I don't exactly understand.

Regardless, the whole thing remains indecisive.

Paper Mario Theatre

Want: 30%

We already saw a Paper Mario stage on the 3DS, and considering we have Mario Maker confirmed, I doubt they would want to oversaturate the stage selection with Mario stages. I would rather see another series get another stage first but I'm otherwise neutral to this one.

Predictions:

Sceptile: 2%
Nester: 0.2%

Nominate: Anthony Higgs x5

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Paper Mario Theatre Stage:
Want: 99%

The Paper Mario stage on the 3DS would've been great, but the last transition is so bad. Also, the Paper Mario series is primarily a home console series, so I find it kind of strange that the series got a stage on the 3DS but not the Wii U.

Inklings:
Chance: 50%
Want: 3%

Nominations:
M. Bison x3
Metal Sonic x2

Laniv

Smash Champion
Inklings (yet again):

Chance: 35%
I don't know about this game, but definitely the next.

Paper Mario Theatre stage:

Chance: 6%

Want: 40%
If only for the music:

Predictions for Nester: 0.3% Chance, 6% Want
Predictions for Sceptile: 7% Chance, 48% Want

Nominate Tamagon x 5

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Paper Theatre's Chance: 1%
I don't see any reason for them to create it. Even if Paper Mario somehow becomes the DLC choice, he'd get the same treatment as Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy and not have a stage to go with him. Plus, the 3DS already has a stage.

Paper Theatre's Chance: 95%
Excluding past stages like Rainbow Cruise, Peach's Castle (Melee) & the Mushroom Kingdoms, I think Mario is good on stages. Super Mario Maker is looking to be lots of fun and I don't see the need for another Mario local after it. Of course, I can't say no to more stages so I will buy it if it did come out.

----------

Inkling's Chance: 60%
It's no secret that Splatoon is a success and that there is a demand for its characters. With that said, I wonder if Nintendo will hang onto the Inklings for Smash Bros 5 since they are running out of All Star characters to include and Inkling would be a perfect way to grow interest in the next SSB sequel.

Inkling's Want: 85%
That ink mechanic gives the Inkling the potential to be a very complex and gimmicky character. I can certainly get behind that.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
Inklings
Looks at Mii costumes
While I love splatoon its hard to think of a moveset for them without being cheap
Paper Theatre
Chance:10%
Nominations
X5 Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Inkling
Chance: 70%

Chance: 3%

Sceptile Prediction: 14.67%
Nester Prediction: .87%

Nominations:
Endou Mamoru x5

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Inkling

I'm just going to quote what I said the last time we rated Inkling.

Splatoon has become an immensely popular game for the WiiU, and in order to promote the game even further, the Inkling can be added onto the Smash Bros roster. The Smash roster is also lacking with gun-using fighters; we only have Fox, Falco, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Megaman, and Mii Gunner that fulfill that role. By adding the Inkling to the roster, that low number of gun-yielders on the roster would be boosted considering the Inkling is prominently known for using a rapid-firing, ink gun. The female Inkling also boosts the number of female fighters on the Smash roster as well. Of course, the Inkling has also been one of the most heavily requested DLC characters as of late, helping to solidify its chances of joining the Smash Bros roster.

But there are reasons why I don't think Inkling's chances are at 80% or more. For starters, one can make the argument that the Inkling is too new to join the roster. This is similar to Cross/Elma from Xenoblade Chronicle X and Jibanyan from Yokai Watch considering their games are arguably just as new as Splatoon. However, there is a key difference. Splatoon is already widely known outside of Japan compared to Xenoblade Chronicles X and Yokai Watch. In fact, Splatoon already has representation in Smash Bros 4 thanks to the most recent DLC patch where we saw the inclusion of an Inkling trophy and Inkling Mii costumes. However, I think this is another fact that has lowered Inkling's chances. The way how they included the trophy and the Mii costumes makes it look like they sort of gave us the idea the Inklings are already a part of Smash. However, one can easily interpret that the other way as saying they could be hinting at the Inkling's eventual inclusion as full-fledged fighters, but personally, I'm one of those people that sees it as the other way around.
After the Mii Costume treatment with characters like K. Rool, Chrom, and Lloyd, I'm really starting to get doubtful that the Inklings will see the day of light in this iteration of Smash Bros. At least they will be a very strong pick for Smash 5.

Want: 70%

Again, I wil quote what I said the last time we rated Inkling.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing the Inkling being included. I've been playing Splatoon for the past two weeks before the last Smash Bros DLC Patch came out, and I absolutely love the addicting gameplay it offers! I can see a lot of unique potential the Inkling can have for its moveset. In addition to using the Splattershot as a normal weapon for most of its regular attacks, it could also use the Charger for its normal special, the Paint Roller for its side special, the sky-high Squid Jump for its up special (normal Squid Jump would probably be its second jump), and Ink Bursts/Ink Bombs/Sneakers/Ink Mines for its down special. The Inkling would be such a fun fighter, it's not even funny.
My want rating has increased since last time now that it's been a few months since Splatoon was first released, and I'm loving the game the more I play it.

Chance: 2%

We already have a Paper Mario stage on the 3DS, and considering we now have yet another Mario DLC stage coming soon as Super Mario Maker, it's not very likely we will be seeing another Mario stage coming soon, but it isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility considering they could give particular emphasis to the N64 and GCN titles compared to the 3DS version which mostly emphasizes Sticker Star.

I wouldn't mind it. If this stage did become a reality, I would love to see the setting built around the battle with Rawk Hawk, complete with him appearing as a stage hazard and his music playing in the background. Only reason I'm not giving this concept higher than 50% in want is because both the WiiU and the 3DS stage lineup is starting to have a little too many Mario stages right now.

Predictions:

Sceptile (Pokemon): 9.56%
Nester (Nintendo Power): 0.00%

Nominations:

(Concept) Blazblue representation: x5

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Inkling Chance:
15%
5% more than K. Rool only because the circumstances have changed with Splatoon becoming a recent success hit. I still think he would rather save the Inklings for the next game and keep them as costumes in Smash 4 for now.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Inklings

Want: 30%
So, same as the K.Rool costume. I don't really agree that a Mii costume helps a character in the slightest, but maybe the fact that the voting for the ballot spiked right after that and the internet outrage would change minds. But the squid kids didn't get that, they just accepted the outfit and moved on. Extra points that the Mii looks quite a bit like the Inklings in the first place.
Don't know if they'll get in with this one, but it seems too recent despite them being a hit. They're pretty well a lock for the next, though. But I don't really care one way or another, I'd just rather others come first.
Paper Mario Stage

Want: abstain
Not looking good. We've got a Paper Mario stage on 3DS, and we've got quite enough Mario stages as is - we're getting two for DLC by the end of the month. Meh.
Prediction - Sceptile: 3.5%
Prediction - Nester: 0.0%

Nom: 3ds Stage on WiiU x5

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Inklings

Chance: 4.2%

Nominate x5 Malon

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I still hate when people say "they have a costume isn't that enough".... Do the Inkling's shoot FIRE and PLASMA in their home game? Yeah, No. ((I would only accept them fully if they actually took the time to replace the effects with Ink splat graphics and sounds honestly.))

And if you think the costume deconfirms them... Well, King K. Rool is deconfirmed too.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Too late, double abstain.i

Predictions:

Sceptile: 8.2%
Nester: 0.1%

Nominations:

Rerate! Micaiah x4
Eliwoodx1

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I still hate when people say "they have a costume isn't that enough".... Do the Inkling's shoot FIRE and PLASMA in their home game? Yeah, No. ((I would only accept them fully if they actually took the time to replace the effects with Ink splat graphics and sounds honestly.))

And if you think the costume deconfirms them... Well, King K. Rool is deconfirmed too.
... I kinda want to see the Inklings shooting fire and plasma

Top Bottom