• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate their Chances: the DLC Edition. Day: 192: The final day

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Jin's Chance: 1%
He's no Ryu, so I don't think he'd sell too well. There has been no demand for him either.

Jin's Want: 1%
Eh, nothing too interesting going for him to be a Smash Bros character.

----------

Lyn's Chance: 1%
She's already an Assist Trophy, it's highly unlikely they will change how things are programmed, especially for a character that really isn't wanted.

Lyn's Want: 0%
Too many Fire Emblem characters, too many sword users, too many Fire Emblem characters that use swords...

Laniv

Smash Lord
Lyn(dis):

Chance: 0%
Assist Trophy.

Want: 70%

Jin(dis?):

Chance: 1%
If we got a Tekken character, it'd be Heihachi.

Want: Abstain

Predictions for Classic Battlefield and Final Destination: 26% Chance, 57% Want
Predictions for Zael Mii costume: 46% Chance, 57% Want

Nominate Nester x 5

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Jin

Chance: 3%
If Heihachi couldn't make it in, then I have no reason to believe Jin would.

Want: 5%
I mean, I like Jin, but that doesn't mean I want him as a playable character. I'd much rather have someone like Yoshimitsu or even Kazuya.

Lyn

She's an assist trophy.

Want: 0%
No more FE characters please.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Again. I'm on a roll these days.

Stick x5 more nominations to Rerate Inkling, please. :)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Lyn:
Assist Trophy, unfortunately.

Want: 100%
One of the characters I've wanted since Brawl. Being the first FE protagonist in the West should have counted for something. I really she broke out the Assist Trophy limbo. Ah well.
Jin:
Well, Heihachi, who is the face of the series (largely) is a Mii costume, so I don't see much hope for the rest.

Want: 2%
I don't care.​

:231:

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
My God, R.I.P future Fire Emblem entrants. =(

Lyn
Chance - 5%
Only because I am a stupid optimist. She has a lot going against her by being "yet another Fire Emblem character", "yet another sword character", "yet another older character", "yet another assist character" and in an absolutely bittersweet manner, she is also losing in notoriety to Takamaru now that everyone has seen merits in him joining the cast. As someone who's supported both since pre-Brawl this is kinda the saddest conclusion of her story arc.

Want - 100%
Ever since the day of little Azure watching Rurouni Kenshin at the turn of the millennium, I've always wanted a pair of iai swordsmen to be a thing in Smash with one being the lightning bruiser and the other being the solid all rounder just to recreate Kenshin vs. Sojiro in the Smash environment. As the times have changed, this simple and silly childhood desire hadn't subsided but instead got stronger, especially after further falling in love with the lore regarding Takamaru's relative life as a "lost Nintendo hero" and Lyn bringing in a different kind of "lord with sword" style. Unfortunately, it seems as though the large sentiment around the net is that Fire Emblem is complete with its main face, a character that will never have his entire kit represented, the most boring CTRL+C/CTRL+V to ever exist, PHIRE (even if Smash 4 Roy is quite a step up from Melee Roy) and mages (a great pick) who still had to get swords/blades because why not. Even with the odds as stacked as they are, Lyn receives my utmost support. Never give up.

Jin
Chance - 2%
They already tried to get Heihachi into the game and felt like it wasn't worth it. I don't see this happening.

Want - 0%
No real desire here. A lot of Bandai-Namco franchises are like that for me sad to say.

Nominate: Mega Man Zero series Zero x 5

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Lyn

A while ago, I may have given this a higher want. However, with the Lucina/Marth/Roy trifecta, I am getting a little tired of Fire Emblem characters with one-handed swords only. I'm not against sword users or FE characters in general, but there is just so little in the way of uniqueness, just like with the overuse of clones in the Zelda series. If we got another Fire Emblem character, I'd like to get someone really different.
Jin

Chance: 0.5%
I don't like fractional chance scores, but I can't give this a full 1 or a full zero. Jin is pretty important in the Tekken series, but we don't even know if we'll get a Tekken character. If we did, Heihachi would be the first choice. However, Heihachi and K.Rool share the problem of having Mii costumes, but unlike K.Rool, Heihachi's support is rather limited. I doubt we'll get anything from Tekken, honestly.
Both predictions: 5.1%

Nom: 3ds stage on WiiU x10

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Jin
Chance: 0.4%
Not really expecting a Tekken character. I'll give Jin from Tekken a small score of 0.4%.
Mii Costumes are enough...

Want: 0.1%
I just don't care for him, and I want to see some first party newcomers.

Lyn
Chance: 0.3%
At this point, I doubt we're going to see an additional Fire Emblem character for DLC. Especially one that is an assist trophy. I'll give Lyn of the Lorca tribe of Sacae a rating of 0.3%.
Fire Emblem pretty much got its fill...

Want: 10.5%
I'd rather see other franchises get DLC since FE already got Roy.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Lyn
Assist trophy
Want: 60%
I like fire emblem so yeah, Sword user yes dosen't mean she can't have her own fighting style.

Jin
Chance: 5%
I can see Namco trying to get some takken representation in smash besides the mii suit, but Sakurai statment about the next DLC characters almost deconfirms him
Want: 20% Wouldn't mind him.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lyn

Minimal requests in addition to her AT status is what gets in her way. She would probably be in a better position is she wasn't competing with many other Fire Emblem characters (Micaiah, Anna, Tiki, etc).

Want: 70%

Liked her the most of the Blazing Sword trio and she easily would have been a great character. Unlike Takamaru, she would be all about rushdowns and her ry would at least be a tiny bit more practical thank Link's. Literally the only Game Boy era Fire Emblem character I care for at the moment (Sorry Ephraim).

Jin

If Heihachi got turned down for lack of a moveset, then the same would sadly apply for his grandson as well. And let's not forget that he's a third party and he might not have that many requests in the long run.

Want: 50%

While I'd prefer his old man over him, Jin would be cool in my book. I'm more or less neutral about the character since he had been overpromoted these days.

Predictions for Classic Battlefield and Final Destination: 26% Chance

Predictions for Zael Mii costume: 19% Chance

Nominate Anthony Higgs x 10

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
no time to explain, might not to get to do extra nominations for a bit

Chance for both: 0.5%

Jin want: 0%
Lyn want: 30%

abstain from predictions

Knuckles x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Quad 0s

Predictions:

Battlefield and Final Destination: 14%

Zael Mii costume: 27%

Nominate Wolf x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
LYN
CHANCE: 0.32%
WANT: 30.95%

JIN
CHANCE: 0.83%
WANT: 8.77%
Next up we're rating the concepts of us getting a Zael Mii costume and classic skins for Battlefield and Final Destination. Also please predict what score Inklings and a Paper Mario Theatre stage will get tomorrow.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Zael Mii Costume:

Chance: 37%
Want:ABSTAINED

We got a Lloyd Costume, so it's possible.

Battlefield and Final Destination skins:

Chance: 6%
I don't see it honestly.
Want:40%

Predictions:

Inklings:19.6%
Paper Mario Theatre: 8.76%

Nominate Wolf x5

Last edited:
Battlefield/FD skins:
Want: 60%
Chance: 10%

I can actually see them doing Melee skins for nostalgia appeal. In fact, it's something I would like to see, as long as it is purely a cosmetic reskin and doesn't mess with the level geometry. The last time I played Melee, I thought about how cool that version of Battlefield is; something I can only describe as dark and digital. The scenic Battlefields of late just aren't as neat to me, though I appreciated them trying something new in Brawl.

If they went with this, I would recommend it as being free DLC in a patch, and accessed by holding a certain button while selecting Battlefield, rather than treating it as a full-priced new stage. I am slightly less enthusiastic about FD skins because there are already like 70 of them between the 3DS and Wii U, but Melee FD would be appreciated.

Zael Mii costume:

The Mii costumes seem to be based on all sorts of things, so it's hard to gauge how likely it is for Zael to cameo as one. I've not spent a penny on Mii content, and I don't desire this at all.

Predictions:
Inkling: 30%
Paper Mario theater stage: 10%

Nomination:
Pikachu Libre representation ×5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Zael Mii Costume

Chance: 15%

It's certainly possible. While Zael isn't highly requested, neither are characters such as Akira, Jacky, Heihachi (to be fair, he was on Sakurai's radar at one point), and the Flying Man (of all characters) that currently have been given Mii costumes. I'm sure the costume would be rather easy to make thanks to his trophy model (most existing Mii costumes seem to be based on existing models).

If The Last Story were to have any representation beyond the Zael and Calista trophies, this would probably be it.

I may be a bit pessimistic here, but if I re-rated the character himself now (after Sakurai's "fan service" statement), then I would have lowered my chance score from 5% to 1%.

While I'd rather have Zael as a fully fledged playable character, I'd respect Sakurai's decision if he went the Mii costume route instead.

Classic BF/FD Skins

I doubt it.

Want: 75%

Predictions:

Inkling - 40%

Theater Stage - 4%

Nominations: Zero (Mega Man) x10

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Zael Mii

Chance - 47.25% - I don't think I will go higher than this for a Mii costume. I don't think we can accurately predict these things, but I see this being used. It was a relatively popular game that already gets representation, so it's no huge leap to assume they get in.

Want - 50% - I don't care.

Retro Battlefield/FD

Chance - 7.5% - Maybe. It certainly has a retro factor, but I don't see time used on this, especially because I think there are slight variations they would have to work out if they wanted to make them completely in sync.

Want - 50% - Eh. Good for the people who want it, but I personally could care less.

Predictions

Inklings - 28.45% - Maybe a slight decrease due to lack of time?

Paper Mario Theater - 14.45% - We kinda already have a stage...

Nominations

Henry Fleming X5

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Zael Mii Costume

Chance: 4%
Want: 30%

- It'd be nice if The Last Story could get some representation besides regular trophies.

Classic Skins for Battlefield and FD

- Meh, I don't miss them.

Predictions

Inklings: 0.8%

Paper Mario Theatre Stage: 1.5%

Nominations

Eliwood x4
Oliver (Fire Emblem) x1

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Zael Mii costume chances: 17%
The game is a bit obscure, but not to the point where a Mii costume is implausible. It could happen I guess.

Classic Battlefield and Final Destination skins chances: 6%
Seems unlikely. I don't have much else to say.

Abstain in want for both.

-----

Inkling prediction: 27.46%
Their score dropped with their first rating because the costumes was a proof that they weren't going to be pre-planned, but after the K. Rool treatment I expect another drop.

Paper Mario Theater prediction: 7.85%
The Super Mario Maker stage will give some hope for brand new stages not bundled with a character.

Nominating:
(Rerate): Playable newcomer: Rayman x1
Concept: ballot runner-ups as SMM costumes x4

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Zael Mii costume

Classic skins for Battlefield and Final Destination

Want: 3%

Predictions: Inklings 21%

Predictions: Paper Mario theater stage 1%

Nominations: John Raimi X5.

The Jiggernaut

Smash Cadet
Zael Mii Costume
Chance: 50%
I think im going to be pretty optimistic about this one. The series has trophies in game as representation, heck honestly if Lloyd Irving could get a mii costume I could be behind Zael getting one. Also possibly Aeron and Elena costumes from Pandora's Tower would be great.
Want: 100 %

Skins for classic battle and final:

I don't feel like people should really want or care for this to be honest.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Honestly I'd be totally cool with a Zael Mii Costume. Last Story could go for some more exposure than a couple of trophies.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Zael mii costume:
Chances: 40% He seems to fit the bill out of all the mii costumes we got.
Want: 100% Don't see why not, Last Story fans would be happy, and Zael wouldn't take up a slot on the roster, I honestly think this is the best way to handle Last Story rep.
Abstain on Classic BF and FD
Prediction: Inklings:25%
Theater stage: 3%
Nominations: x 5 Clefairy

SpiritofSpeed

Smash Cadet
Zael Mii costume:

Classic skins for Battlefield and Final Destination:
Want: 90%

Predictions: Inklings 25%

Nominations: Pangoro x 5.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Zael costume
Want 0%

Retro bf/FD
Chance 6%
Want 60%

Nominate Majora's Mask stage x5

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Zael

Chance: 15%

Seeing how unpredictable Mii costumes are, this is a possibility. I'm indifferent to it.

Retro BF/FD

I really don't see the team making any retro changes. Remember that supposed Polygon Team leak? It was fake. I doubt they would do much with the concept.

Predictions:

Inklings: 20%
Theatre: 3%

Troykv

Smash Master
Zael Mii:

Chance: 35%

Completely plausible idea considering the weird Mii Costume's logic

I'm okay with that

Retro BF/FD

I don't really think they care about made Retro versions with stages that we already have.

I'm :4ness: with that.

Predictions:

Inklings: 32.3%
PM Threatre: 2.4%

Nominations:

Rerate! Micaiah x4 (I need fix the old Micaiah's chance rate post with the new information XD)
Eliwood x1

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Directory has been updated.

Zael Mii Costume
Chance:
50%

It could happen, but I am not sure either way.
I'm indifferent because I don't buy the Mii Costumes.

Classic Skins for Battlefield and Final Destination
Chance:
0%

I doubt that they would go out of their way to do this.
Want: 62.5%
25% want for Battlefield because other than the Brawl one, I am not a fan of how Battlefield looks aesthetically.
100% want for Final Destination because I love how the stage looks in every game, my favorite being Melee.
Divide 125% by 2 and I get 62.5%.

Inklings Prediction: 32.84%
I dunno why we are rating them again.
Paper Mario Theater Stage Prediction: 4.35%
We already have a stage on the 3DS.

Nominations: Knuckles 5x

Laniv

Smash Lord
Zael Mii:

Chance: 20%

Want: Abstain

Classic Skins for Battlefield and Final Destination: