• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my peach.

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman

Okay, I watched the Mute City fight, here it goes...

-Don't start floating and coming in for an aerial from so far away, it gets very predictable very quickly, and that will get you punished. Get close and instant float an aerial, FF it, and go from there. Or at least manipulate the space so that it isn't so obvious. If you get up in the air on the opposite side of the stage and just float towards them, you're practically holding up a sign "90% chance I'm coming down with an aerial."

-Try to cut back on the rolling, you left yourself vulnerable on numerous occassions.

-Peach's WD may be lacking in length compared to other characters, but it is an incredible useful asset for quick spacing and making peach play at a good pace. This will also help you cut down your rolling. Try to implement it.

-You need more turnips for sure. Turnip spam is good.

-You were on Mute City, so edgeguarding should be even easier. Use turnips to drive Shiek where you want her, in this case you only need to make sure she has to use up+b, and you can push her back off with whatever attack you see fit. For general edgeguarding, fair, bair, nair, edgehogs, the aforementioned turnips, dsmash, situational fsmash and situational upsmash are all good.

-Your approach was rather weak and predictable. Again, turnips can be an asset. Watch a few pro peach vids and you'll start getting ideas.

-Try to be more unpredictable.

-I think you should make use of your grabs more.

Hope that helps you!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Thanks. So instead of rolling away I should either float or WD away? I usually turnip spam, but when I do that I get into trouble with sheik's needles.

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. So instead of rolling away I should either float or WD away? I usually turnip spam, but when I do that I get into trouble with sheik's needles.
I'm not necessarily saying drop the roll altogether, I'm just saying that float and WD tend to be more efficient, more speedy, and give you more options.

But on Sheik's needles, I'd have to say the turnip is at least more versatile than they are. The needles are always completely linear, while turnips can hit people at all sorts of angles. If you have enough space, even if the Sheik throws needles ASAP out of reaction, you will probably be able to get a sheild in to stop them; or if not, take what, 2-3 damage max? Just get turnips when you can and use them creatively and something should give. If you make the needles ineffective often enough, the Sheik might resort to other options. If they don't, well then you can predict the needles and punish for it.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!

But on Sheik's needles, I'd have to say the turnip is at least more versatile than they are. The needles are always completely linear, while turnips can hit people at all sorts of angles. If you have enough space, even if the Sheik throws needles ASAP out of reaction, you will probably be able to get a sheild in to stop them; or if not, take what, 2-3 damage max? Just get turnips when you can and use them creatively and something should give. If you make the needles ineffective often enough, the Sheik might resort to other options. If they don't, well then you can predict the needles and punish for it.
Short hop needle storm to guaranteed grab to top tier d-throw grab combo... rinse and repeat

Peach's turnips are good, but do not underestimate the needles...

Top Bottom